Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-10, 11:54 PM   #91
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Actually Tonschk revived the thread back in post #62, and while I complain about his .png pictures, there was nothing wrong with him reviving a thread to give another reason why he likes the game.

And when someone does revive a very old thread (which this wasn't) it's customary to make jokes about it, not stamp our feet and demand that people do it the way we like.
+10
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 12:00 AM   #92
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Agreed.... it is a little ridiculous
Cool - so you'll post jpg's from now on and save a load of us the unnecessary load times of your png's?
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 12:50 AM   #93
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
And you don't know how to read dates do you?..

First off: This is a FREE FORUM. So STOP coming into threads and telling moderators to end it, or calling them useless, etc, etc. People want to post things or discuss things that may seem trivial to you. If you don't like it, you're a click away from not seeing it.

Second: Privateer is one of the foremost modders of Sh5. Unless you feel like insulting someone who may have a dire impact on the direction this game takes, I suggest you:

Jeesh.

Krauter

P.S: Sorry Arclight, Jimbuna and Co if the image is too big

i can google search images to prove a point too!

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 12:56 AM   #94
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Yes but I won't sound ridiculous in what I post ..

Back to topic, I love how much you can immerse yourself with the sub. Yes, it may be tedious to run up and down the ladders, but theres something to be said when you surface at night and climb out of the hatch and see a convoy taking shape in front of you
Old 08-25-10, 12:59 AM   #95
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

or standing on the wintergarden watching the sunset/sunrise real time, gay I know but still cool
Old 08-25-10, 02:46 AM   #96
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Second: Privateer is one of the foremost modders of Sh5. Unless you feel like insulting someone who may have a dire impact on the direction this game takes, I suggest you:
You mean 'direct' right?

Quote:
Yes, it may be tedious to run up and down the ladders, but theres something to be said when you surface at night and climb out of the hatch and see a convoy taking shape in front of you
I agree with that. Walking through the sub adds lots and was requested by many people.
Old 08-25-10, 06:39 AM   #97
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Not one of your finest moments CaptainMattJ. but I gues you probably realise that now.

There are a lot of really talented modders in this community and I can assure you Privateer is up there with the best.

His past achievements over the years regarding SH3 and GWX in particular have enabled many thousands of sub simulation enthusiasts to experience so much that may have otherwise never have been seen.

He, like so many others are currently beavering away on SH5 in the background, often out of sight and without many peoples knowledge, despite the fact he is severely handicapped because of low machine specs atm.

In fact, I tell a lie, he is also working on one or two as yet unseen or heard of projects on this forum regarding SH3.

For the sake of this community and SH5 in particular I believe support and encouragement are what he needs, not ridicule.

I'm in now way trying to talk down or have a slap at you, simply trying to bring you up to speed on someone who is IMHO a vital asset to this community.

Regards
Jimbuna

@Nisgeis....you never know, 'dire' may well be the most appropriate term

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 05:17 PM   #98
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMattJ. View Post

i can google search images to prove a point too!

If I was to post what you actually proved to me with this nonsense?
I'd be warned or Brigged for posting it.

I highly recommend that you be given some 'Time' to think.
Your posts are becomeing a nuisance and are disruptive to the Community for no other reason then you are getting away with it.

To use a phrase?

Baliff! Whack his Pee Pee!
Old 08-25-10, 05:28 PM   #99
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
There are a lot of really talented modders in this community and I can assure you Privateer is up there with the best.

In fact, I tell a lie, he is also working on one or two as yet unseen or heard of projects on this forum regarding SH3.
1/ Indeed!

2/ Very interesting sentence there jimbuna...

Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 05:38 PM   #100
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I believe he ment to post,
'I can not tell a lie' or 'I tell no lie'.
But Yes, I do have a MAJOR project underway involveing SH3.
Which I think would impact SH4 and possibly SH5 also.
It's way to early to get hopes up though.
And I don't want to spend time answering questions about the project
just yet as it's in the very early stages.
(like 2 or 3 days old!)
Old 08-25-10, 05:48 PM   #101
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Not one of your finest moments CaptainMattJ. but I gues you probably realise that now.

His past achievements over the years regarding SH3 and GWX in particular have enabled many thousands of sub simulation enthusiasts to experience so much that may have otherwise never have been seen.

He, like so many others are currently beavering away on SH5 in the background, often out of sight and without many peoples knowledge, despite the fact he is severely handicapped because of low machine specs atm.

For the sake of this community and SH5 in particular I believe support and encouragement are what he needs, not ridicule.

I'm in now way trying to talk down or have a slap at you, simply trying to bring you up to speed on someone who is IMHO a vital asset to this community.

Regards
Jimbuna

@Nisgeis....you never know, 'dire' may well be the most appropriate term
yes well, i still feel the same way, however i will keep it to myself, and formally apologize to privateer.

however i wold like to ask when was my "finest time". it seems alot of people dont like me, and since im not a moderator i dont seem to make a lasting contribution. however i am trying to help that new fellow that had said SH5 was his first major sim hes played, i think his name was nox? i pmed him and he pmed back with questions. i replied to those and gave him answers, but have yet to hear back from him.

or was it just an expression?

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 05:53 PM   #102
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

These guys aren't moderators either. Also, don't worry about making an impression. Just be kind and keep fielding the questions, and things will go very smoothly. Really, nobody thinks you are a bad guy.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 06:06 PM   #103
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'll be the first to say I have no problem with you Mate.

I don't feel you insulted me or attacked what I do.
But you must admit you made some doozies of posts that invited
the follow up posts.
It happens.
I've done it myself on occasions.

Let's let by gones be by gones and move ahead!
Old 08-25-10, 06:07 PM   #104
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30

@ privateer hear ya - agree - all good!

and the weather is crap here @ the moment...

Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 10:42 PM   #105
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMattJ. View Post
it seems alot of people dont like me, and since im not a moderator i dont seem to make a lasting contribution.
I have no reason not to like you. It is distracting when you post rants at people, but all you need to do is not post in anger. We all have to judge each other by what we read, and the people who do the best here aren't the ones who conform, or the ones who agree, but the ones who show respect for others and treat them the way they wish to be treated.

And your attempt to help someone else, whether it was acknowledged or not, shows a desire to be part of the group.
You should do just fine.