SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-10, 02:36 PM   #1
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post
Thanks for that Peabody, I will move on.

Let me ask you this? if I may.

If I make say 5 missions over one year in the Med based in Valeta, will I be able to make a campaign out of these files.

thanks sid
5 missions is not much for a Campaign, but you could do it if you set them up properly.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 01:15 PM   #2
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default thanks peabody

this is good to know, I have been encouraged my initital success and would like to do a med campaign based from valeta, at leased I have a direction now, thanks
Old 07-11-10, 01:50 PM   #3
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post
this is good to know, I have been encouraged my initital success and would like to do a med campaign based from valeta, at leased I have a direction now, thanks
Just remember if you use these single missions as a campaign, remove the player's sub from the mission.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 10:58 PM   #4
Admiral8Q
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

I'd love to play a Med campaign. Someone did something like that in SH2 if I remember correctly. It would last up until the defeat of Italy I suppose.

Admiral8Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 11:17 AM   #5
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default med campaign

Quote:
I'd love to play a Med campaign. Someone did something like that in SH2 if I remember correctly. It would last up until the defeat of Italy I suppose.
Yeah this is my idea, I'm working on a second trial mission as an experiment. I have to say I'm not to good at it, but the Italian war in north Africa and eary sucess has encouraged me.

What I don't understand is why there's no harbour in some of the main city's, eg: Taranto and Venice. I expect the Germans supplied there Afrika corp from Italy as well.
Old 11-08-10, 06:59 PM   #6
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

this thread seems to have died.

Has anyone written the definitive campaign guiide on how to contruct a well organised campaign. Lurker seems to be the guru at campaign contruction. I have the manual and have gone through it quite a few times but I find myself stumped by the best approach on starting, any hints.

thanks