SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-10, 01:29 AM   #451
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Sure did! This happened!
Basically man the gun, then unman it with the red X. Then teleport to it. This will enable the "external camera zoom modes" to work and your camera will be locked on the ship, as shown above. You're able to zoom and rotate the camera around the ship and it follows the ship. If you were zoomed in when you exited the gun you'll get that half stage reticle overlay as above also. Still need to test if you're able to do that before teleport or if you teleport to it first without manning it manually.
tried this 3 times and then another 6 times with varying ways of getting deck gun manned and teleporting and had no problems. I can't duplicate what you saw/had happened. Everything works fine for me.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 01:58 AM   #452
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Did you add a creepy American voice guy? When saving Options and again when applying skill points I heard this really creepy dude say "Yes, lieutenant" in English (I have German voices loaded).

I'd probably remove the Heading To View buttons from most of the officers. Maybe leave it for the WO? It's possible to press it while inside the sub and it'll turn your boat! Personally I have a key mapped to it, and only use it from a scope or on the bridge for a "go that way" type thing. I was in the control room asking my Navigator to check current depth and accidentally turned just now by accidentally clicking the H -> v button.

Last edited by kylania; 04-17-10 at 02:11 AM.
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 02:15 AM   #453
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I'd probably remove the Heading To View buttons from most of the officers. Maybe leave it for the WO? It's possible to press it while inside the sub and it'll turn your boat! Personally I have a key mapped to it, and only use it from a scope or on the bridge for a "go that way" type thing. I was in the control room asking my Navigator to check current depth and accidentally turned just now by accidentally clicking the H -> v button.
I'm partial to the H --> V buttons. I find them really useful for my style of commanding. Maybe I could make them only enabled when you are using the UZO, Binocular, attack, or obs scope? Then you wouldn't be accidently turning to new headings?
Old 04-17-10, 02:20 AM   #454
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Updated:

Plot Course Navigator order button is acting like a Nav map toggle. If you're not on the Nav Map it'll open the Nav Map with the Plot Course tool selected. If you are on the Nav Map it'll close the Nav Map and kick you back to the previous view.
that's exactly how it's supposed to work. That's how I designed it. Basically that icon is a toggle but when you enable it it automatically calls up the plotter tool for you.
Old 04-17-10, 02:23 AM   #455
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
that's exactly how it's supposed to work. That's how I designed it. Basically that icon is a toggle but when you enable it it automatically calls up the plotter tool for you.
Ahh, I thought it was a handy way to start plotting without having to find your ship and rclick on it just right or having to select the last waypoint which might be off screen or something. Kind of like the old SH3 plotting tool.

Maybe add a new map tool for "Plot Course" that just activates the next waypoint mode?

Three last comments before passing out.

The tooltip for "Compressed air" reads "Compress air" in the Integrated Levels.

Would it be possible to auto-enable the Tool Helper on the map pages?

As much as I previously opposed it, an option to remove the yellow [!] thing for objectives would be nice after all.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 05:44 AM   #456
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

doh, i guess i should have posted my findings here instead of through .pm.

Will do that when i test it more.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 09:54 AM   #457
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
doh, i guess i should have posted my findings here instead of through .pm.

Will do that when i test it more.
your comments via PM were very helpful Here's the changes I've made based on them.
The nomograph was added to the mini-map and was allowed to show based on the state of the map. That was an incorrect way of doing it. Now it's tied to the size of the map which works beautifully

EDIT:
giving the nomograph a hotkey and icon thus you can toggle it on/off in the mini-map (will always be visible in nav-map)

mini-map in as loaded state (new game):

user resizes the mini-map to size needed to start showing nomograph:

mini-map in maximized state:

and once the mini-map is minimized the nomograph is not shown because the size of the mini-map doesn't meet the requirements to show it (the power of scripting ).

This little bug fix exposed another bug that has gone unnoticed. If you resize the mini-map from a minimized state (by dragging the resize handle), the map tools never expand. I have to fix this now.

and for the nav-map, the nomograph has been moved to the right side and up a little:
Old 04-17-10, 10:05 AM   #458
Ablemaster
An able master

Downloads: 121

Nice touches there Dark, your ui's get more advanced every time i look, like the extra features, cheers mate.
Old 04-17-10, 10:28 AM   #459
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

This little bug fix exposed another bug that has gone unnoticed. If you resize the mini-map from a minimized state (by dragging the resize handle), the map tools never expand. I have to fix this now.
I have just solved that one in The UI mod i'm currently working on with a simple fix (Although it took me the best part of 2 days to get it working - A lot of messing and changing things )

In the Page Default.py Change the following:

maximize = ( map.Width >= MapGroupSizes[ FeedBackModes.Maximized ].Width - 20.0 ) and ( map.Height >= MapGroupSizes[ FeedBackModes.Maximized ].Height - 20.0 )
MakeSureMapToolsGroupIsExtended( maximize )

To:

maximize = ( map.Height >= 270 )

Now the Map tools will appear when the MapTools is dragged above the defined heigth of 270, This is the height of my MapTools in the (Stock would prob be around 220)

Hope that helps
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 10:53 AM   #460
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
I have just solved that one in The UI mod i'm currently working on with a simple fix (Although it took me the best part of 2 days to get it working - A lot of messing and changing things )

In the Page Default.py Change the following:

maximize = ( map.Width >= MapGroupSizes[ FeedBackModes.Maximized ].Width - 20.0 ) and ( map.Height >= MapGroupSizes[ FeedBackModes.Maximized ].Height - 20.0 )

To:

maximize = ( map.Height >= 270 )

Now the Map tools will appear when the MapTools is dragged above the defined heigth of 270, This is the height of my MapTools in the (Stock would prob be around 220)

Hope that helps
I'm doing totally different implementation. Totally changing everything so I have to do a different way. Thanks though
Old 04-17-10, 11:18 AM   #461
mcaa666
Mate

Downloads: 24

Wow can't wait for the new version to come out, you're doing an excellent job with this.

I had a small question though; I was doing a recon mission and it seems that the 'take photo' icon doesn't show up anymore. Or did you by any chance move it somewhere else?
I'm using 1.1.0 and SH5 Enhanced UI...

Thnx
mcaa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 01:07 PM   #462
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

rewrote the code the mini-map. Much, much better

added icon and hotkey to toggle nomograph on the mini-map. Current default key to toggle nomograph on mini-map is key 'B'.

Old 04-17-10, 01:12 PM   #463
DedEye
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 145

Sweet!
Old 04-17-10, 02:13 PM   #464
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Downloads: 127

Ok just ran the new UI using:
GWX compuss rose
moral mod
Krup moral fix + torp fix
old style explosions
critical hits
wamphrys plane mod
u_boat_killer AI

I ran the new 1.2 with these mods on cause this is what i play with, and figured most people will have mods enabled... What i saw is below

when installing the UI mod i got a warning that the 20 MM file had already been altered by wamphrys plane mod...This is more just a conflict

when installing the namogrph part it told me of a conflict with Hud3.ini im assuming this is from the 1.2 UI...not sure if it should be installed firt then the 1.2 or other way around. I installed 1.2 UI first then the namograph

This is more of a question, can you make it so that when you change the torp from magnatic to impact that it actully changes the words so you know what it is set to at a glance.

If you teleport to sonar from outside camera view...It sends you to the deck of the sub, even if you are under water...was kinda creepy feeling lol..

only other thing i noticed is i play in 1440x900 and the XO box for imputting everything for a solution is like right in the middle of the scope.
is it possible to lower this down. If not can i do it manually for my UI itself..
sirbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 02:18 PM   #465
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbum69 View Post
Ok just ran the new UI using:
GWX compuss rose
moral mod
Krup moral fix + torp fix
old style explosions
critical hits
wamphrys plane mod
u_boat_killer AI

I ran the new 1.2 with these mods on cause this is what i play with, and figured most people will have mods enabled... What i saw is below

when installing the UI mod i got a warning that the 20 MM file had already been altered by wamphrys plane mod...This is more just a conflict

when installing the namogrph part it told me of a conflict with Hud3.ini im assuming this is from the 1.2 UI...not sure if it should be installed firt then the 1.2 or other way around. I installed 1.2 UI first then the namograph

This is more of a question, can you make it so that when you change the torp from magnatic to impact that it actully changes the words so you know what it is set to at a glance.

If you teleport to sonar from outside camera view...It sends you to the deck of the sub, even if you are under water...was kinda creepy feeling lol..

only other thing i noticed is i play in 1440x900 and the XO box for imputting everything for a solution is like right in the middle of the scope.
is it possible to lower this down. If not can i do it manually for my UI itself..
there is no nomograph to install....it's already included in mod. If you get a conflict like this then the 1.2 UI mod has to be installed last.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui