Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-10, 07:58 AM   #16
Indietro
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtguf View Post
To set Custom settings you have to hit escape before you go on patrol. Accept your mission, then hit escape and go to options. You can change things..
</p>

Yep found those settings this way, thanks
Old 03-15-10, 08:42 AM   #17
molotof
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Ecellent, i'm a real noob in sub simulation (first paly on SH5) and i was able to apply those method instantly and that's quite indispensable to have a real felling about sub capability and restriction. Add a lot of realisme and fun to the game. Thanks a lot
I'm now playing in hard realisme option and i love it

Sail Safe
molotof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 02:36 PM   #18
SubV
Planesman

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 4

Here's a link to another tutorial on auto TDC targeting.
SubV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 02:31 PM   #19
Peni
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
excuse me but what are all these 'tutorials' ??

when we speak for MANUAL targeting the ''map contacts update'' must be OFF !
other than that is NOT manual targeting and you don't need any 'tutorial' for start shooting ! if map contacts are ON you get the distance ,speed ,aob anytime you want from map ....its only an arcade gameplay
Thanks mate! You just made me feel bad. After playing SH 3 and 4 with auto targeting I'm now learning "manual" targeting with these great tutorials because i have to! The auto TDC is so f'ked up for long shots. I started thinking that this is nice and gives much more immercity to the game.
WTF you don't even play the game. Make your own ELITE TUTORIAL for SH5 so i can look into it otherwise your post is just bragging that "I'm a pro u r noobs loool!!1!"
Peni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 02:54 PM   #20
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Don't feel bad Peni, manual targeting is just fine with map contacts on. Everyone can play this game anyway they'd like.

We're slowing getting to the point where all the tools are available to make true 100% targeting possible, but right now it's still too restrictive to me. Besides, seeing how close I am to being seen is just as exciting as having no idea what so ever.

Play how you want and enjoy yourself, don't let other's play styles get you down.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 04:54 PM   #21
Peni
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Don't feel bad Peni, manual targeting is just fine with map contacts on. Everyone can play this game anyway they'd like.

We're slowing getting to the point where all the tools are available to make true 100% targeting possible, but right now it's still too restrictive to me. Besides, seeing how close I am to being seen is just as exciting as having no idea what so ever.

Play how you want and enjoy yourself, don't let other's play styles get you down.
Thanks mate. Sadly I think that i need to start my career all over again because I upgraded my torpenomen to fire faster torpedoes (I think that this should be warned here in stickys) I've tried some mods that disables torpmen abilities with that js.. mod tool with no help. The problem is that the aiming mechanism doesn't understand torps that are faster than normal. I'm I correct?
Old 03-18-10, 05:35 PM   #22
slikster
Watch

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni View Post
Thanks mate. Sadly I think that i need to start my career all over again because I upgraded my torpenomen to fire faster torpedoes (I think that this should be warned here in stickys) I've tried some mods that disables torpmen abilities with that js.. mod tool with no help. The problem is that the aiming mechanism doesn't understand torps that are faster than normal. I'm I correct?
See here.
slikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 07:11 PM   #23
Peni
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikster View Post
See here.
That is the mod that I have. Didn't work for me.
Old 03-18-10, 07:22 PM   #24
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
That is the mod that I have. Didn't work for me.
Did you load the MoraleMod and the Torp fix? I'm using both (you might need to load them between patrols) and it's totally changed the game. Shots are back on track and commands WORK. Very good stuff.

Old 03-19-10, 04:14 AM   #25
molotof
Watch

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Did you load the MoraleMod and the Torp fix?
Indispensable !! can't make accurate shoot without them !!
But with my longest shoot is at 4300m now.
molotof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 05:11 AM   #26
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Thanks mate! You just made me feel bad. After playing SH 3 and 4 with auto targeting I'm now learning "manual" targeting with these great tutorials because i have to! The auto TDC is so f'ked up for long shots. I started thinking that this is nice and gives much more immercity to the game.
WTF you don't even play the game. Make your own ELITE TUTORIAL for SH5 so i can look into it otherwise your post is just bragging that "I'm a pro u r noobs loool!!1!"
you are right Peni ! i shouldn't have post this message....please,just ignore it.you have my 'sorry' for this post !

wellcome to Subsim and ...good hunting !

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 12:54 PM   #27
Peni
Swabbie

Quote:
Did you load the MoraleMod and the Torp fix? I'm using both (you might need to load them between patrols) and it's totally changed the game. Shots are back on track and commands WORK. Very good stuff.

I have MoraleMod and Krupp's moral fix + torp fix but I'm not sure if I've installed 'em properly. I unzipped 'em in SH5/MODS, then enabled 'em with JSGME. I got some message that they modify the same file!? Yesternight I missed from 900 meters with 3 torps that went slightly ahead of target. That was easy straight shot from about 90 degree angle. I will try to modify that AbilityValue command line later.
Old 03-19-10, 12:59 PM   #28
kylania
Silent Hunter

Yup, do the MoraleMod first, then the Torp Fix. Torp fix will complain that it's changing the same files, which is fine since it's based on the MoraleMod's version of the file.

Also make sure you have the proper speed on a ship, and also that they didn't see the torps coming and slow down.

Old 03-19-10, 01:39 PM   #29
Peni
Swabbie

Quote:
Yup, do the MoraleMod first, then the Torp Fix. Torp fix will complain that it's changing the same files, which is fine since it's based on the MoraleMod's version of the file.

Also make sure you have the proper speed on a ship, and also that they didn't see the torps coming and slow down.
Yes. I get my target speed from map contact, I always try to shoot so that the torp doesn't need to turn, I try to shoot from still position 90 degs from the side within 1000m preferable around 500m and I also use electric torps. From what I've learned from the torp speed bug is that the closer you are from the target the more inaccurate you get. The aiming lead is huge at 500m, from 1000m I can still hit if I aim to the rear.
Old 03-22-10, 08:43 PM   #30
Hans Schultz
Sparky

Downloads: 5

these tutorials have been helpful..but I still cant sink a thing with torps my shots keep falling astern. I think I'm not doing the AOB correctly... it makes me miss the old auto solutions.
Hans Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote