SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-09, 08:55 PM   #4816
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Very good question....I'm honestly not sure never having found the need to, but it's either the FX or General knob.

Turn one down to say -20 and you should soon know if it's the other or not.
It was the FX knob, thanks Jim
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 10:22 PM   #4817
Rothwell white
Gunner

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado100 View Post
You put all 8 files in the same folder and then just run the GWX3.exe file.
Sorted that bit but when i try to install it it gets about half way through then stops wih an error saying that file is corrupted

Could some kind person give me a link that can download all the files in one i really want play this game
Rothwell white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 05:05 AM   #4818
desperado100
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

This is the link if you want to download all the files at once:http://www.filefront.com/12764641/GW...orrent.torrent

You need to use this program for downloading:http://www.utorrent.com/
desperado100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 08:52 AM   #4819
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwell white View Post
Sorted that bit but when i try to install it it gets about half way through then stops wih an error saying that file is corrupted

Could some kind person give me a link that can download all the files in one i really want play this game
Be sure to check the md5 of the files. Get the checker at JoneSoft: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/
Old 10-16-09, 03:12 PM   #4820
cloudboy
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default problems with compass and mouse cursor

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice. I have just begun to play SHIII on my Vista laptop. It won't play on my older XP desktop without crashing. It seems to play OK now although I haven't gotten very far into the game yet. I am in the Naval Academy.

I am having trouble controlling my mouse cursor. It is very loose and sloppy and slides all over the place. It is like using a pendulum for a mouse. I have been toying with all my mouse settings but nothing has worked so far. The cursor is OK in the game until I actually start an exam or a mission and then it changes to sloppy mode. Also, partly because of this, the large compass keeps popping out on the right. Fighting with the mouse and the compass is harder than the game. Is there any way to disable the large compass? It is more trouble than it is worth. Any advice? thank you very much.
cloudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 08:09 AM   #4821
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudboy View Post
I was wondering if someone could offer some advice. I have just begun to play SHIII on my Vista laptop. It won't play on my older XP desktop without crashing. It seems to play OK now although I haven't gotten very far into the game yet. I am in the Naval Academy.

I am having trouble controlling my mouse cursor. It is very loose and sloppy and slides all over the place. It is like using a pendulum for a mouse. I have been toying with all my mouse settings but nothing has worked so far. The cursor is OK in the game until I actually start an exam or a mission and then it changes to sloppy mode. Also, partly because of this, the large compass keeps popping out on the right. Fighting with the mouse and the compass is harder than the game. Is there any way to disable the large compass? It is more trouble than it is worth. Any advice? thank you very much.
How much RAM do you have?
There is a way to disable the large compass by messing with the menu_1024 file, but adding RAM will probably solve both problems.
Also, you didn't install the game in the program files, did you? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=217546
Old 10-18-09, 12:11 AM   #4822
mobias
Nub

a few bugs? changes? Mouse auto-fire 'feature'

Hi everyone, my first post here YAY!

love this game, play the heck out of it, on my 3rd campaign now due to GWX updates and windows crashes, heh.

Cannot say enough about the work that went into this mod. REALLY made me get intrested in submarines, as i'm already a WWII buff, but i'm an Air Force guy by training.

Anyways, with that in mind, i loaded up GWX 3, and was a little concerned at a few changes i was noticing.

1)the first was that i keep firing torps after panning around in the periscope glass with the mouse, or UZO zoom...i couldn't figure out what was going on, and then noticed after lft clicking and looking around, [unless you F3 or elsewhere] to get back out, your very next left click is auto moved to the firing button! What is with THAT? it is very hard to break old habits, and i keep firing off wasted ammo unless i'm extremely careful. I can't find anything about this in the entire manual, is it a bug? or by design? If so, how can i change it back!?

2) when zooming in with binocs at night [not sure about other times] and then presing keypad 'Del' key to hide gauges...approx 10 seconds goes by and then the screen just goes all dark black, whereas you can't see anything...strangely, unhiding the guages brings the brightness back up. Anyone else notice this?

3) Lately they've behaved normally, but on my first few patrols there woudl be one guy in his shirt, in the rain, with the others in raincoats, and vice versa on a sunny day..they would have raincoats on for quite a while... seemed to work perfectly in 2.1

4) it seems there are a LOT more ship encounters, and also, i seem to get pretty lucky destroying merchants with 1 torp set at impact at 2 meter draft, then pounding a few shells below the water line...seems a lot easier than before..almost too easy now. I easily got 5-6 ships just on the way out to my patrol grid on my second patrol, with the earliest crappy torps!?!? i havnt had one fail on impact yet?!

sorry so long of post, can anyone shed some light here? are these install bugs? corrupted files etc?

Last edited by mobias; 10-18-09 at 12:47 AM.
mobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 03:34 AM   #4823
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkirion View Post
Something weirds going on in my GWX install. During the day the sky looks like its the middle of the night. The lighting and everything is fine but the sky textures are those of a night. I've tried a clean install and still no joy. Any advice?
Just bumping this along. Anyone got a fix they can recommend me?
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 05:03 AM   #4824
Morts
Admiral

Downloads: 23

its probably because he enabled 16km view but didnt roll back sh3 cmdr (if he uses that) before he did it.
disable the mod, roll back cmdr, enable the mod
that should get it working
Morts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 05:22 AM   #4825
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Thanks Morts, worked a treat.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 06:21 AM   #4826
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobias View Post
Hi everyone, my first post here YAY!

love this game, play the heck out of it, on my 3rd campaign now due to GWX updates and windows crashes, heh.

Cannot say enough about the work that went into this mod. REALLY made me get intrested in submarines, as i'm already a WWII buff, but i'm an Air Force guy by training.

Anyways, with that in mind, i loaded up GWX 3, and was a little concerned at a few changes i was noticing.

1)the first was that i keep firing torps after panning around in the periscope glass with the mouse, or UZO zoom...i couldn't figure out what was going on, and then noticed after lft clicking and looking around, [unless you F3 or elsewhere] to get back out, your very next left click is auto moved to the firing button! What is with THAT? it is very hard to break old habits, and i keep firing off wasted ammo unless i'm extremely careful. I can't find anything about this in the entire manual, is it a bug? or by design? If so, how can i change it back!?

2) when zooming in with binocs at night [not sure about other times] and then presing keypad 'Del' key to hide gauges...approx 10 seconds goes by and then the screen just goes all dark black, whereas you can't see anything...strangely, unhiding the guages brings the brightness back up. Anyone else notice this?

3) Lately they've behaved normally, but on my first few patrols there woudl be one guy in his shirt, in the rain, with the others in raincoats, and vice versa on a sunny day..they would have raincoats on for quite a while... seemed to work perfectly in 2.1

4) it seems there are a LOT more ship encounters, and also, i seem to get pretty lucky destroying merchants with 1 torp set at impact at 2 meter draft, then pounding a few shells below the water line...seems a lot easier than before..almost too easy now. I easily got 5-6 ships just on the way out to my patrol grid on my second patrol, with the earliest crappy torps!?!? i havnt had one fail on impact yet?!

sorry so long of post, can anyone shed some light here? are these install bugs? corrupted files etc?
Welcome aboard. I was in the Air Force too but the speed was too fast for me. I guess I should have been in the Navy.
What mods/addons are you using?
Did you install GWX3.0 on a new, fresh, patched install of SH3 v1.4b?
If using Vista, did you install outside of the program/program86 folders?
Old 10-18-09, 08:16 AM   #4827
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome aboard mobias

A few more details as per above post and you should soon be sorted

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 08:04 PM   #4828
mobias
Nub

Thanks guys-

I know what you mean Irish, too fast, so i was smart and got out after 4years, rested a couple, then rejoined in the guard...much slower and more relaxed...
So here's me answers:

What mods/addons are you using?

Did you install GWX3.0 on a new, fresh, patched install of SH3 v1.4b?
fresh install on XP sp3
patch 1.4b, then GWX 3.0
-downloaded newest SH3 commander 3.2.0.203
-added Commander .cfg files from GWX for that.
-used GME v2.2.0.120 to activate:
16k atmosphere
Merged Campaign
Enhanced Damage Effects
Integrated Orders
Main movie - Das Boot
Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
English Nav Map and Grid Refs
Open Hatch Mod
VIIC41 Player Sub
Alternate Loadscreen -Full Circle
GWX2 - No RING RING mod by Melendir

Forgot to mention also, when I click full flank speed, the needle moves to it, then strangely bounces back to zero power! I thought at first it was a result of the Model effects 'malfunction' option in SH3 Commander, but my next patrol did the same thing..i'll try it another go just in case...
Also, i noticed the map does display english text, only when zoomed out pretty far, when you zoom in to 'realative' normal map view distance, the text pops back to German! not a big deal, but kinda funny. Not sure if that mod is supposed to act like that or not.

Thanks for any help mates!

question, do I have to roll back the commander at the end of every game exit? maybe I should just try unloading and re-loading the above mods as I saw above?
Old 10-19-09, 12:44 AM   #4829
Rothwell white
Gunner

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado100 View Post
This is the link if you want to download all the files at once:http://www.filefront.com/12764641/GW...orrent.torrent

You need to use this program for downloading:http://www.utorrent.com/
Thanks mate for the links
Rothwell white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 02:31 AM   #4830
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwell white View Post
Thanks mate for the links
Welcome to Subsim RW.