SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-09, 09:56 AM   #181
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post
Got back to playing SH4 with TMO and RSRDC....and this nice little mod....

but what the hell am I doing wrong again, my sun is flat, just a yellow dot in the skies, and the horizon is an ugly edge without the nice haze seen on screenshots.......

EDIT: Ok problem is not related with RE 5.0, its the same with everything disabled except TMO....
With nVidia cards (at least as late as the 9x00 series, i don't know if it holds true for cards younger than that) you need to disable gammaa correction for anti-aliasing.

Bill
Old 06-05-09, 06:45 PM   #182
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko View Post
With nVidia cards (at least as late as the 9x00 series, i don't know if it holds true for cards younger than that) you need to disable gammaa correction for anti-aliasing.

Bill
Old 06-05-09, 06:58 PM   #183
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

I have been using this for awhile now and really love it. It adds to the immersion quite a bit. If there were ever to be updates the only thing that comes to mind which I might suggest is a touch of foam in all but the calmest seas. Sometimes the water does look a bit too active for my wake to be the only bubbles on the surface.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 02:53 AM   #184
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
. If there were ever to be updates the only thing that comes to mind which I might suggest is a touch of foam in all but the calmest seas. Sometimes the water does look a bit too active for my wake to be the only bubbles on the surface.
I agree , a touch more of foam is OK
Old 06-08-09, 07:24 AM   #185
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94

hi all, this is a VERY spectacular mod... but sadly i'm posting here with some issues.... when using RE + splash pitch and roll sound mod and loading a game using the walther uboat, the game CTDs... (if i use 9d2 or us subs all is good) and also, there is a glitch when you drive the type 9d2 underwater at periscope depth (which somehow when using the mod, isn't set to 13m anymore, but to 12....and the depth gauge is a little glitchy when you want to correct this) there is still some V-shaped sea foam (like that when the sub is surfaced and sailing) in front of the submarine... and it's kinda annoying.. because the sub is surfaced, and yet it would seem that there is a small invisible hull thing on-top of the sub....please help me if you can, i can post a picture if u dont understand the sea foam thing :p

PS: it only CTDs whe using the splash pitch roll mod and only on the walther (so far, but i guess the rest of the subs work... since most are american subs)... i would be very grateful if you could help me out, this is a fantastic mod and i just can't play without the roll pitch sound mod..

Last edited by alexradu89; 06-08-09 at 07:34 AM.
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 09:36 AM   #186
tonschk
Admiral

I remember months ago when still was not yet released the New " Real Ennvironmntal " and the people were still using the old " Environmental 5 " someone was posting in the " Environmental 5 thread " explainimg about his CTD problems when trying to use the walther U-Boat , I have the same CTD problem when play the game using the walther U-Boat , I dont know if someone have found a solution for this problem
Old 06-08-09, 09:47 AM   #187
alexradu89
Lieutenant

just to be sure, i AM using the Real Environment mod, downloaded from the 1st page.. :P

here is the 2nd minor glitch i was talking about... if anybody could help me out on how to fix this

this has happened only on the type 9d2 and here is how it occurs: when pressing P (to go to periscope depth obviously) the sub only dives to 12 meters (as seen in the picture, even though the red marker for periscope depth is at 14 meters, and that is where it should dive at) and if i want to manually correct it i can't go to 13-15 meters, only 16 meters and over... (i guess it may be a minor bug in a .cfg or something regarding periscope depth and the gauge... and maybe if it is possible to correct this)

Last edited by alexradu89; 06-08-09 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 02:58 PM   #188
tonschk
Admiral

I also hate that " V-shaped sea foam " (like that when the sub is surfaced and sailing) , I sended weeks ago public and privete messages to the developers of this beautyful " Real Environmental " Mod , asking how to get rid of that bow foam when the sub is at periscope deep , but it seems that W_Clear and Kriller2.are no longer intrested in this Mod

Last edited by tonschk; 07-15-09 at 06:07 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 03:10 PM   #189
alexradu89
Lieutenant

lol ? o_O is he working on a new better mod or what ?
Old 06-08-09, 03:14 PM   #190
tonschk
Admiral

Only W_Clear answer my question with some confusing words , he dont speak english , none answer from Kriller2
Old 06-26-09, 12:06 PM   #191
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Anyone else using #4 Ships_Reflect and Caustic_Environment Mod 5.1 with real env? It was made to add caustic effects to real env, so don't let the 5,1 throw you off. Looks great.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=605
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 05:22 PM   #192
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Only W_Clear answer my question with some confusing words , he dont speak english , none answer from Kriller2
maybe kriller2 doesn't respond because of RL matters...
and besides it's getting close to vacation time, so....

maybe you should just wait till september.

anyway, last words I heard from him was that he considered this final co-work a final work. maybe a few corrections, but in total, a final work.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 04:31 AM   #193
tonschk
Admiral

Hello , thank you for the info about the patch for Real Environmental , I use " just " GFO mod plus the Real Environmental , can you tell me please if is OK to add the patch for the real environmental after the Real Ennvironmental Mod in the order showed below ? , thank you

Silent Hunter 4 version 1.5
GFO mod ( last verion )
#1 Real Environmental mod install
GFO patch for Real Environmntal
#4 Ships_Reflect and Caustic_Environment Mod 5.1
Old 06-27-09, 05:05 AM   #194
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

can? no I can't. since I don't play with GFO and have still not looked into the files of GFO. this question is better asked in the GFO thread, and then Webster will have to clarify for you.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 06:08 AM   #195
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you for your answer , I was cheking a bit with a couple of quick missions and it looks like the caustic effect are basically there in the war ships and also in the Balao sub , even without the addition of this patch for the Real Environmental mod into the SH4 1.5 game , therefore I have a doubt if I need or not to add this caustics effect patch