SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-09, 09:24 PM   #1
MrPoe
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
SH lll Footage Wanted For Machinima Movie

Hello, all. I'm new to the forums, and wanted to know if anyone would like to contribute a few second's footage from "Silent Hunter III" for a machinima movie I'm putting together. I have all the elements I need, except for an interior shot of a German U-Boot sub being shaken badly and the crew reacting. I have no sub sim games, and I'm not much of a gamer, either. (I just use them to make movies!)

The movie will be an Indiana Jones fan-film for the http://www.indygear.com fans. They come from across the globe for an annual get-together at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA, and Fort MacArthur in San Pedro CA. I wanted to put together a short movie for them for this year's "summit".

If anyone's interested, let me know. So far, I'm using "The Movies", "Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb", and "Virtual Sailor" to create the movie. The basic premise: It's April 1945. Indiana Jones has hitched a ride of the converted troopship Queen Mary, now known as the "Grey Ghost". Dr. Jones is set to deliver an artifact said to contain the lost souls of Atlantis to a California university. "The Gray Ghost" sets sail for Long Beach harbor to pick up 10,000 waiting marines, when she is boarded by a German U-Boat captain and Nazi officers.

Below is a video link just showing the"feel" of the movie. With the exception of Indiana Jones, and the Gray Ghost herself, none of the costumes or sets are final.

http://lovevideoplayhouse.ning.com/v...dy-teaser-test

Thanks for reading, everyone!
MrPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 05:21 AM   #2
magicsub2
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

what game was used for the trailor?
Old 02-13-09, 09:18 AM   #3
MrPoe
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicsub2
what game was used for the trailor?
The main game I'm using is called, "The Movies". The other one, for all the ship scenes is "Virtual Sailor'
MrPoe is offline   Reply With Quote