SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-29-12, 10:40 AM   #1
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
I already have a version 1.1 with really great crash dive sounds (also new sounds for all dive commands).

ALAAAARME!" followed by that ring and others sounds,like old SH3 ones, for crash_dive

"German spoking DIVE!" folowed by others sounds, for dive

"PERISCOPE depth or SNORCHEL depth" followed by others sounds respectively.

So,no more that ring, than the rushed crash dive. Crash dive really rushed even when at external view.
Real old SH3 fashioned dive sounds.

But I have a question: we already have a sound mod for the above?
Stormy`s DBSM collection SH5 has everything: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164552

pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 12:17 PM   #2
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Stormy`s DBSM collection SH5 has everything: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164552

Thanks pedrobas!
I´m a bit slow in test all this big amount of mods that we have here!
Just checked SDBSM and it´s really great.
I will make a version compatible with SDBSM.
If you have problems in integrate this tiny mod on MMM i can help you
Old 02-29-12, 06:53 PM   #3
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Thanks pedrobas!
I´m a bit slow in test all this big amount of mods that we have here!
Just checked SDBSM and it´s really great.
I will make a version compatible with SDBSM.
If you have problems in integrate this tiny mod on MMM i can help you
Hi Rubini,

nice to see you here !

...you are about to solve a big problem, also with the unrealistic fast dive times and missing crew predive action sounds.

well, with SDBSM and a normal dive i use a special keyb. command i press from time to time to play a fitting pre dive action crew sound, the "F" key. this command is doing nothing but playing a sound sample which is fitting for this "normal dive precondition crew sounds". you may also use this sound sample to be played automaticaly for your mod.

i am shure you recognize that parts of SDBSM`s dive and crashdive sounds from surface are triggered using the crew ai scripts, which enable them to be played in a different way, enables to play longer and partly in 3d.

the present samples are more or less timed correctly for the present dive behavior, it may be that a longer dive time enables playing longer or more samples, plz take care of a fitting timing for playback

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 10:25 PM   #4
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Hi Rubini,

nice to see you here !

...you are about to solve a big problem, also with the unrealistic fast dive times and missing crew predive action sounds.

well, with SDBSM and a normal dive i use a special keyb. command i press from time to time to play a fitting pre dive action crew sound, the "F" key. this command is doing nothing but playing a sound sample which is fitting for this "normal dive precondition crew sounds". you may also use this sound sample to be played automaticaly for your mod.

i am shure you recognize that parts of SDBSM`s dive and crashdive sounds from surface are triggered using the crew ai scripts, which enable them to be played in a different way, enables to play longer and partly in 3d.

the present samples are more or less timed correctly for the present dive behavior, it may be that a longer dive time enables playing longer or more samples, plz take care of a fitting timing for playback
Hi mate,

I just upload version 1.1 that have a SDBSM compatible version, works like a charm. Anyway, please test it if you have the time and desire and if you have any suggestion about the timming of the sounds let me kown.

Anyhow, I guess that it is already very good as it is (I don´t changed anything about sound timming, just cut and copy on the new workaround Rescue_Survivors command). In truth, Rescue_ survivors can be interpreted as "rescue trapped crew" inside the sinking deck! It´s exactly this that it makes!

Install it as your last mod, it´s absolutelly safe.
Old 03-01-12, 05:38 AM   #5
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Hi mate,

I just upload version 1.1 that have a SDBSM compatible version, works like a charm. Anyway, please test it if you have the time and desire and if you have any suggestion about the timming of the sounds let me kown.
Testing it now with MMM v0.3, going ok for the moment. More feedback later.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-12, 11:32 PM   #6
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

Just now i saw that this "F" key is exactly hooked to the Rescue_Survivors command on SDBSM!! So, as it is know you will have more things, even your crew will go bellow when you press "F". Hummm...perhaps some tweak will be needed to maintain your proposal with "F" key. Do you know if we have another command disposable (I mean, read by the game but not used)?
Old 03-01-12, 10:07 AM   #7
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Just now i saw that this "F" key is exactly hooked to the Rescue_Survivors command on SDBSM!! So, as it is know you will have more things, even your crew will go bellow when you press "F". Hummm...perhaps some tweak will be needed to maintain your proposal with "F" key. Do you know if we have another command disposable (I mean, read by the game but not used)?
you say that if i press my "F" key with your mod enabled, the crew will leave the bridge, before the dive procedure is activated ?

...mam, if i understand it right than this is a real improvement !

ok ithink i got it now, atm the "F" key trigger both, my precondition sounds and a crash dive, so what we need is a additional unused SH3/4 command for the normal old "D" dive command to also have this normal dive command better working, together with a altered precondition sound for a normal dive.

...you can experiment with the "WP_Take_photo" command, it is used very very rare and plays a "fast ride on surface intercepting a convoy" sound sample with SDBSM atm "SHIFT S" key.

...the "Rescue Survivirs" command is an old SH4 left over (rescue own shot down pilots) and is not used in SH5 but still aviable for free use.

Last edited by Stormfly; 03-01-12 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-01-12, 01:30 PM   #8
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
you say that if i press my "F" key with your mod enabled, the crew will leave the bridge, before the dive procedure is activated ?

...mam, if i understand it right than this is a real improvement !

ok ithink i got it now, atm the "F" key trigger both, my precondition sounds and a crash dive, so what we need is a additional unused SH3/4 command for the normal old "D" dive command to also have this normal dive command better working, together with a altered precondition sound for a normal dive.

...you can experiment with the "WP_Take_photo" command, it is used very very rare and plays a "fast ride on surface intercepting a convoy" sound sample with SDBSM atm "SHIFT S" key.

...the "Rescue Survivirs" command is an old SH4 left over (rescue own shot down pilots) and is not used in SH5 but still aviable for free use.
Yes, as it is now, if you use my mod with SDBSM keyboard commands, "F" key will trigger a "go below deck crew with some dialogs and sounds" used on crash_dive - but it will not dive neither go ahead flank in true.

So, the "WP_Take_photo" is only used to play a sound on SDBSM or is it used in some mission by SH5?

In my lunch hour today I also noticed that we yet have one more odd bug MFCM related: when you manually set a depth on the dial, if its submerge, the crew will not be triggered to go down until the boat is below 10m or more. So, immersion killer behave again (stock MFCM behave). To get rid of this bug we need to write some script on set_depth command - but the problem is that we don't know if the player set it to up or down, so stock SH5 and MFCM don't have any special crew script for set_depth - this is why the crew don't moves below in time. I'm already thinking on how to solve it...need to make some questions to the script experts here...
Old 03-01-12, 02:34 PM   #9
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Yes, as it is now, if you use my mod with SDBSM keyboard commands, "F" key will trigger a "go below deck crew with some dialogs and sounds" used on crash_dive - but it will not dive neither go ahead flank in true.

So, the "WP_Take_photo" is only used to play a sound on SDBSM or is it used in some mission by SH5?

In my lunch hour today I also noticed that we yet have one more odd bug MFCM related: when you manually set a depth on the dial, if its submerge, the crew will not be triggered to go down until the boat is below 10m or more. So, immersion killer behave again (stock MFCM behave). To get rid of this bug we need to write some script on set_depth command - but the problem is that we don't know if the player set it to up or down, so stock SH5 and MFCM don't have any special crew script for set_depth - this is why the crew don't moves below in time. I'm already thinking on how to solve it...need to make some questions to the script experts here...
nice to have but ithink isnt much important atm, because the initial dive command should always be used with the crash dive or normal dive command "D". In reality this was the same, there was first a std dive command and later a precise dept order.

i am testing your mod atm... ive set the crash dive key to "C" in TDW options file so i dont loose any routine i am used to, using no teleport option together with a 2 seconds teleport delay (which is also responsible for the dive and sound delay). (i dont like to much long pauses without sounds, the original value was 20 seconds)

its working very well, but i like to give the "F" key prediving order from the bridge, which is executed fine by the crew. they climb down the ladder so iam able to follow them, closing the hatch manualy and give the dive or crash dive order after that then.

The only bad thing is while they climb down, there is the flooding sound played, which will played again by giving the final dive or crash dive command.

Solution could be a seperate "F" key script which tells the crew do go down, but without playing my flooding sounds, maybe triggered with the "take photo trigger". As the boat wont dive then because youre still on the bridge, you can give the final dive command after closing tha cunning hatch using the "rescue survivor" trigger.

Old 03-01-12, 12:48 AM   #10
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Hey, Rubini: Regarding the crash dive workaround that is no longer needed, does your mod disable the problems with the set_depth that it caused so that if I enable your mod I won't have to disable the workaround right away?

I'm asking because the crash dive workaround is pretty early in my mod soup and it would take a bit for me to disable/re-enable all of the mods that come after, some of which are quite big. If I have to, I will, but if I can avoid it for now, I'd rather put it off until the next time I do a major rework of my soup.
Old 03-01-12, 07:27 AM   #11
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
Hey, Rubini: Regarding the crash dive workaround that is no longer needed, does your mod disable the problems with the set_depth that it caused so that if I enable your mod I won't have to disable the workaround right away?

I'm asking because the crash dive workaround is pretty early in my mod soup and it would take a bit for me to disable/re-enable all of the mods that come after, some of which are quite big. If I have to, I will, but if I can avoid it for now, I'd rather put it off until the next time I do a major rework of my soup.
Yes you can and must install it for last without disable anything.This mod overwrite the entire "MFCM crash dive workaround", so isn't necessary to disable it.
And yes, your set_depth will work again, this was one of the goals of this mod.

Last edited by Rubini; 03-01-12 at 08:11 AM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 06:20 PM   #12
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
go into the mod enabler and click on tasks\save mod profile . When its saved go to place its saved to and using notepad delete that mod from the list . go back into mod enabler and click on tasks\load mod profile . it will auto load whatever list of mods is on the save file .Its called a MEP file
Brilliant, Sober!, that's what I get for never reading the documentation all the way through Seriously, though, that is going to make loading and modifying mod soups a whole lot easier.

I would still have to unload the old soup first before loading the .MEP though, wouldn't I?

Oh, and another question: Can I edit that .MEP file to change the order and even add new mods to the list (providing, of course, that I have said new mod in the MODS folder and that I use the exact name of it in the .MEP file)? Also, when we individually load mods that overwrite previous mods, JSGME will pop up a dialog asking if we want to continue. Will loading the .MEP skip this step? Because if that's the case, then reloading your entire soup is as easy as hitting "load" for the .MEP and go have a pot of coffee while they all load.

Thanks again!

And thanks for the answer, Rubini! That means I can add your mod immediately rather than wait for my next trip to the bunker. Of course, I'll want to unload the "crash dive workaround" eventually, no point in adding a mod that will only be overwritten completely by a later one, but at least I can put it off until I'm revamping the entire soup anyway.
Old 03-02-12, 01:28 AM   #13
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Thanks!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 01:16 AM   #14
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

Is it normal for this mod after "alarm" the sub doesn't dive? The crew come inside, not happens even if I wait for a long while. I usually have to hit the dive button and the button starts to flash. Finally the sub dives.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote