SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-21, 03:28 PM   #32
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Funny you post this, I was just testing in my TMO upgrade, I added the Battle of Midway (well rewrote it to be more in line with history, have the extra ships that were not available when TMO was last updated, added other things to Battle)

Finding them in game can be really tough, finding them to be in position to attack even more so. RSRD I found them once in correct positionin all years ran the mod. I heard them on sonar a few times and spotted in distance but never got close except once. One issue is the ridiculous number of planes carriers spawn, usually make it impossible to get close unless blind luck. I've eliminated that. Then there are spawn issues, esp if opened RSRD with the ME as others have mentioned. I avoided this by having the various task forces involve leave their home ports

In my test for my upgrade, I made SD contact and was overflown by a PBY early on 4 June (This is "Strawberry 5" ) which would fly over Nagumo's force and report it to Midway. I followed it's base course. Then numerous planes from Midway were detacted. I followed them to Nagumo's force and went to periscope depth. I found myself in position to attack the Kaga at around same time Nautilus attacked the force in reality. 4 torpedoes missed(barely) , one dud, one prematurely exploded. So force shows up. I may reduce number of planes from Midway and reduce the formation spacing, ships are too far apart.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote