SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-17, 07:38 PM   #1
p55carroll
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Help! GWX Messed Me Up

I'm new to SH3. Bought it on Steam, and it was running just fine. I loved it and made it through the tutorials. Then I got greedy and downloaded GWX 3.0 Gold, hoping to mod the game like everybody else seems to be doing. Bad idea.

It took a while to even figure out how to mod the game at all. When I did, it seemed to be working well at first. But if I try to start a career or play certain single missions, the game crashes before it gets started.

I uninstalled and reinstalled SH3 in Steam, hoping to get rid of GWX and go back to what I had before. But somewhere, all those GWX files are still in my system. And I don't even know where (I poked around in Windows Explorer and couldn't find them). But they're screwing up my game so I can't play it anymore.

I've forgotten what little I ever knew about computers. These days, if something doesn't work right out of the box, I'm lost.

I'm using an Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10.

I'd be happy to get back to vanilla SH3. Even happier to get GWX running properly. Right now, I can't do either.

If anyone can help, it'll be much appreciated.
p55carroll is offline   Reply With Quote