SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-14, 10:48 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The graphical mark of the wound on the body must not always necessarily represent the calculated impact point, so never judge that by the wound you see on the body. Especiaqlly obvious that is with arrow, which may stick at angles and parts of the body where they did not hit. The visual aspect there sometimes is somewhat "generic". What counts is the calulcation of the shot and impact point.

Since the change of the ballistics I have only fired the 9.3x62, 8x57 and the .454. The 9.3 seems to have more dropping power but also doing greater damage to trophy integrity at short and medium ranges, with maybe also greater bullet drop at high ranges (I had severla 200m shots). I also noted that I had a higher miss rate, and more wobble in the scope, which has piunished my skill level with that wepakn, dropping it from 94% to below 91% in short time (and killing my nerves successfully). I have over 300 shots with that rifle, and level 7, so one can say I am quite used to that rifle.

The .454 still is like a door slammed into the face of the animals you shoot at.

On the 8x57 I cannot say anything, i had too few shots with that one since the change, just two I think.

I had no shots with the 6.5x55 since the change.

Bows and shotgun with birdshot are unaddressed by the changes, so no changes should be noted there.

I currently hunt either blackbear or for achievement raise with the .454, and need 8 more kills, once I got those, I will examine the 6.5x55.

The higher penetration chance for buckshot is being criticised. Penetration is not what buckshot is killing with.

The damage model is being criticised as well due to the way the 3D model maybe has the inner organs slightly misplaced, or too big/too small. This could lead to the phenomenon that you complained about. Ballistics have nothing to do with that. I occassionally wonder about the result of a shot, but it is not the rule, and as long as I get the kill, I do not care too much.