SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-15, 12:04 PM   #1
Riken19
Swabbie

Downloads: 607
Uploads: 0
Default New and Used Ships and Subs for SH4 1.4 Users

Here is where the ships are listed without having to dig for them. Some of them are for 1.5 so if it crashes your game then it won't work in 1.4.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...p?do=cat&id=77

Some submarines but like above, some are for 1.5 only.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156169

[REL] Free French Submarine Surcouf mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177802

Playable ships (US Side) http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=188786

Karle94 Ships and uploads (most are for 1.4) And my hero for 1.4!
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzg...58p/SH4%20Mods

Career Playable Cleveland Light Cruiser v15 (37.98 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3395

Skipjack SSN for SH4 1.4 (72.78 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1148

Ohio SSBN for SH4 1.4 (132.00 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1147

Los Angeles Mod for 1.4 (2.37 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1463

Skipjack SSN mod for SH4 (69.02 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1023

IJN Maya v1.2 (4.12 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=493

[WIP/REL] The Battleships Campaign (The Battleships Campaign Taster V0.6.zip)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...gn+Taster+V0.6

Last edited by Riken19; 06-26-15 at 11:54 AM.
Riken19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 04:56 PM   #2
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Nice. Are any of your ships career playable?

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 05:17 PM   #3
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3232

Nice job. Could I use these ships as AI or only they are playable?

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 06:28 PM   #4
Riken19
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Nice. Are any of your ships career playable?
Some of them are. I'm not sure which ones are. there are a lot

I will go into these later on and get them all career playable if possible.

These are all playable ships fitzcarraldo
Old 06-14-15, 06:33 PM   #5
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riken19 View Post
Some of them are. I'm not sure which ones are. there are a lot

I will go into these later on and get them all career playable if possible.

Awesome. The next big question is can they be used in SH4 v1.5?

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Old 06-14-15, 07:05 PM   #6
Riken19
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Awesome. The next big question is can they be used in SH4 v1.5?
Ok. that I cannot answer because I do not have 1.5. Never got around to getting it and noticed a lot of other people don't have 1.5 either. That's why I started making these for the 1.4 users. (We usually get left out on cool mods)

Only thing I can say is that you can try them on 1.5....but no promises

Last edited by Riken19; 06-14-15 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-14-15, 08:14 PM   #7
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Ok. that I cannot answer because I do not have 1.5. Never got around to getting it and noticed a lot of other people don't have 1.5 either. That's why I started making these for the 1.4 users. (We usually get left out on cool mods)

Only thing I can say is that you can try them on 1.5....but no promises
No probs. shall try it out.

Old 06-15-15, 03:26 PM   #8
Crannogman
Watch Officer

Downloads: 24

Quote:

What about AI? I'd like to get the Nagato and Mutsu into action
Old 06-16-15, 11:45 PM   #9
Riken19
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crannogman View Post
What about AI? I'd like to get the Nagato and Mutsu into action
I never really brought in an AI ship before but I'll give it a whirl later on. Just keep reminding me about this. Thanks
Old 06-19-15, 08:35 AM   #10
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quite the list you have there. But you should have read this first, and still should so you understand:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...062#post555062

Now I have a couple of issues: First, there was already a Los Angeles (688 and 688i), Ohio, and Skipjack for 1.4, which leads to my second issue.

The aforementioned mods were, either in whole or part, my work. All included documentation was deleted, documentation that specifically called for notification of the mod authors. I received none.

Please immediately remove all links and files for the Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Ohio, and Skipjack mods you've uploaded.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 10:45 AM   #11
Riken19
Swabbie

All downloads links, mediafire uploads, and pictures removed. Problem solved

EDITED by Riken(ME): So it's not looked at wrong, I did not remove everything because of what ETR3(SS) said. He's not the reason.

Last edited by Riken19; 06-20-15 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-19-15, 06:06 PM   #12
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

A pity to say the least.

Last edited by Fearless; 06-19-15 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-19-15, 07:34 PM   #13
Riken19
Swabbie

Default Just for the record

Just for the record. I had received enough emails (19 and counting) saying that I stole other peoples work and claimed them as my own.

To all: What did I say in my first post before any of the downloads started?

I take no credit for any of the work done here.

I did all these conversions so that people with 1.4 could enjoy the same mods as 1.5 users (yes some mods had already been released, my bad.
ETR3(SS) I'm sorry you're getting the blame for this but your work is already listed and I should have looked a little harder before posting. I was just going to remove the links to your mods until I saw those several other emails after your post. I just said screw it at that point and took them all out.

To you and others. Sorry for deleting the text files. I had deleted those long ago to save space. Again, not my intention to steal any work.

For the other people: you know who you are....
As for the ETIQUETTE GUIDELINES... I didn't steal them, I didn't take credit for them, I didn't release them on another site, I didn't make them for another game, and I didn't use mods from the bonus mod section here. And I am too damn broke to be getting any money from them.

Ok, so I didn't ask 15,000 people for their permission to convert a mod that has either been lost by dead links here or the topic has been dead since 2006.

I wont name names but one of you stated that what I was doing was taking copyrighted work and openly giving it away. That is against the law and you will be sued in court. Really? I made all this for the game it came out of. If that's the case we should all be sued. Don't you think?

Here's the deal people:

I saw enough people asking for links and no one answers back. A lot of them were 1.4 users asking which version it was for, yet no answer. I had posted these to give those SH4 fans an answer they were looking for and more. I thank those people who downloaded those mods. 3,154 total downloads in 4 days. If I were you, I wouldn't post them anywhere without asking permission or you'll end up like me.

Sorry it all have to come down to this but I have deleted all those emails you sent me, took down all my mods, killed any links, removed mods from mediafire, and took out the pictures so that no one has any more room to complain. I washed my hands of it, I suggest you do the same.

If you are one of those lucky ones who got any of these mods before I took them off, I cant tell you what to do with them here, but I would suggest not sharing any of them. I wont be distrubiting any thing out personally via pm or email from here on out.

I do have to say this, This sure is one hell of a way to treat a new guy. Especially one who is learning (on his own mind you) how to modify, convert, and share the work of everyone involved with the world. 3 years of work just went down the drain for the rest of the world. Just because my screen name is on the post, doesn't mean that I claim it as my own. If those of you would have just read all the text in the first post, this would have all been made clear and would not have been any issue. Instead you see your mod in the lists and accuse me of stealing along with everything else. Way to go you F'ing morons. This was my first release here at SUBSIM. And now my last.

ETR3(SS) That last part didn't apply to you sir. By the way, I respected your wishes and removed the links you requested of me....and then some.

I'm done. Ban me if you want. I really don't care anymore. If this is how new modders and SH4 fans are treated, then I guess I really don't need to be here.

Last edited by Webster; 06-20-15 at 09:58 AM. Reason: removed bad language
Old 06-19-15, 09:11 PM   #14
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

There have been several incidents in the past regarding "stealing" and while i do appreciate you taking the time bringing those old mods back online and make them available to all, credits to the original modders is needed it takes alot of work creating those great subs.

I'm not saying you are taking credit or anything like that i'm sure that was not the case, for example i created the SeaQuest mod and found it online on youtube someone claimed that he released it... believe me that really really sucks

Maybe we should all relax take a step back and i'm sure a solution is easy to find.

No bans, no ignoring or insulting we are all here for 1 thing and thats enjoying this forum and SH IV.

Old 06-19-15, 09:56 PM   #15
Riken19
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
... credits to the original modders is needed it takes alot of work creating those great subs.

Maybe we should all relax take a step back and i'm sure a solution is easy to find.
Ok. being that there were so many to credit.....15,000, I saw it easier to say where I got the mods from and as bluntly as possible, where one who could r...e...a...d, see in red bold itilac underlined wording of that. I cant credit all, but to properly credit those involved requires another 3 years of searching. That is why I listed where I got the mods from. I'm sure there is a credit list already there. Now don't get me wrong. I'll credit those involved as I appreciate their hard work. I know what it takes to mod and create something new, then bang your head against the wall trying to get it right. I have been there, but with airplanes.

As for the solution...well that was pretty harsh what was said to me in those emails. I'm glad that they took the care not to publically say it on here in the open, but still. What I mentioned in my earlier post was the nicer of it all. Simplest solution was to read that I don't take any credit for this list of mods I posted and that I made a list of everywhere I got them from.

I will share this. one of the reoccurring statements in a lot of those emails was that 1.5 is a purchased extension of the game and releasing any part of it for free usage was not allowed here. The same goes for SHIII and SHV.

That said, we need to take down all the other mods that are like that posted here. I know these are modders and the feeling I'm getting from them is not because I didn't credit or use mods from other games, but rather that I'm a nobody that suddenly turned into somebody over night with a lot of mods. Maybe I took some of their ideas or finished something they were working on. I really don't know. But to keep you moderators from having to put out a forest fire with a spray bottle over this, I just decided to take it all down. The more I think on it, I'm really not the one getting hurt here, though I'm taking the majority of it, but the fans...well, they're the ones hurting.

I just know if I put it all back up, even if properly credited or worded, i'll be receiving the same "fan mail" I had been. Funny enough, after I took down all the links, pics, photos, and updates.....the emails stopped.

I'm not here to piss off anyone. Like you said, we're here to just have fun. just sad that the fun I had was over when I woke up this morning. I honestly felt like I made a difference here and would be welcomed in shaking babies and kissing hands with all of you. instead, I got kicked to the curb.... For now, i'll just observe like I had been before all this.

Thanks to all for your support... and the 3,000+ downloads in 4 days! Made me feel really good to see that.

Riken

Last edited by Riken19; 06-19-15 at 10:04 PM.