SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-28-08, 07:25 AM   #61
NiKuTa
Ensign

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKuTa
Quote:
Zero 200km,
Zero 200 Km ??? :rotfl:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A6M_Zero

I suggest you play SH4.
From this link - Range: 3,105 km (1,675 nm, 1,929 mi)

and this is a text from your first post.
Quote:
-Changes to ALL Japanese Aircraft ranges, Val and Kate 350km, Zero 200km, all others to historic ranges.
End what is important "all others to historic" :rotfl:
NiKuTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-08, 08:20 AM   #62
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me. If there is something you think is incorrect in my statement, can you make it a bit more obvious please?

I will try and help a little. Those three aircraft have 'reduced' ranges for gameplay reasons. Is there some sort of misunderstanding?

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-08, 06:56 PM   #63
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Considering you are an IL2 player Nikuta, clearly you feel you know something I don't. Next time you have information you think is useful, then please, share it with me and it may be included to satisfy the whims of people like yourself. Posting yourself laughing at whatever you may be laughing at, then not explaining, makes no better than a spammer wasting my time. Your posts will be deleted by a moderator because they are a waste of space.

And for your information, I posted a link to the Zero because it apperared you did not know what one was. And I did not use wiki as a resource for range, as it gives maximum ranges for aircraft, not loaded ranges. Aircraft in SH4 carry payloads that reduce their overall range. All of this has been taken into consideration. I will cease trying to defend myself here. You are the first person to truly waste my time.

Old 04-02-08, 07:29 PM   #64
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Thank you for your work in making this available to the community.

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 11:29 PM   #65
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Who-rah

AkbarGulag:ROCKS
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 08:55 PM   #66
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Guys, is there a RSRDC 371 compatible version? 371 is what is used in TMO. This is where things really get wonky as with so many mods and combinations its hard to have one that works with everything.

However, most folks who use TMO are also using RSRDC..... Thanks!

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-08, 11:50 PM   #67
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

I can vouch for that. I fall into the same category. TMO fixes most of my issues with the game play mechanics. RSRDC fixes most of my issues with the Stock Campaign.

Now if only I could take prisoners and tort*cough* er. . . .I mean rescue survivors from enemy vessels and persuade them to divulge important information.
Old 07-05-08, 03:44 AM   #68
BettingUrlife
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

Can't download the file anymore as the server doesn't appear to exist .
BettingUrlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 07:35 AM   #69
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145

REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_15B
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
SH4 Flag Replacement
Historical Prop Rotation -TM
RSRDC_V371_Patch9
Highres_Hud_Dials
GREEN LOCK AND POSITION BUTTON 1.2
betterscopes 1.3 worn

is your mod compatible with the following setup?????

quite curious

note same applies for TMO152 + RSRD

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 07:47 AM   #70
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_15B
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
SH4 Flag Replacement
Historical Prop Rotation -TM
RSRDC_V371_Patch9
Highres_Hud_Dials
GREEN LOCK AND POSITION BUTTON 1.2
betterscopes 1.3 worn

is your mod compatible with the following setup?????

quite curious

note same applies for TMO152 + RSRD
Well, you show your level of knowledge by highlighting the ones in Red The ones in white, as you may have guessed, will have no impact on the ASW MOD.

In a word, no. There is no specific version for your combination. Although that said, there has been in the past, but it was not as up to date as the version you require (ASW 9.0) for RSRD_v371. The last version was ASW 7.0 for that combination.

I think a retro fit would be easy enough for you. Give me a little time and I will see if I can get it done. It's been a while and there may need to be a little orientation on all the new patches etc for TMO and RSRD I will need to come up to speed with.

On a brighter note, I should have a machine in a few weeks that can actually run SH4 1.5 patch! woot.

Old 07-06-08, 11:37 AM   #71
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

Quote:
... I should have a machine in a few weeks that can actually run SH4 1.5 patch! woot.
If you get VISTA and an 8800 series Nvidia card, be sure to install 177.26 Drivers to start off with. The aforementioned combo presented Many folks with severe CTD"s and BSOD's, especially when running Pacific Environment MOD(s) with SH4 1.5, until the aforementioned Drivers arrived on the scene a couple of weeks ago.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 01:08 AM   #72
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Thanks for the driver tip Doolittle. New rig is up and running. This site will get some updates ASW versions. TMO is still on the cards, but I have another little project first. Help me shake some of the rust off

Also, to the other peeps who PM'd me for certain builds, your requests are either a WIP now, or will be when time allows. RFB being the current update to allow those who use RSRD to revert to the RFB_ASW version at the end of the MOD installation order.

This is now available in beta form in the first post in this thread. It is tagged as a reversion and will return the RFB air layer to it's original form. All other RSRD features are untouched.

Quote:

In a word, no. There is no specific version for your combination. Although that said, there has been in the past, but it was not as up to date as the version you require (ASW 9.0) for RSRD_v371. The last version was ASW 7.0 for that combination.

I think a retro fit would be easy enough for you. Give me a little time and I will see if I can get it done. It's been a while and there may need to be a little orientation on all the new patches etc for TMO and RSRD I will need to come up to speed with.
I will not retro fit this now, instead I will make sure my TMO versions and RSRD for TMO are current and installed then create it to ensure a bug free version.

12/08/2008

Altered and uploaded the RFB 1.51 Reversion for the RSRD build.

This update corrected the carrier aircraft to the RFB_ASW aircraft assignments. Carriers introduced by RSRD are untouched, as I suspect they are used in missions Lurker has constructed. This is to be considered the FINAL reversion and has been tested.

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 08-12-08 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-15-08, 09:56 AM   #73
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

I just downloaded version 9.0 of this mod for 1.5 standard. I look forward to trying it out later. What I'm wondering is, does this mod change the number of aircraft I might encounter when playing as a U-Boat in the Indian Ocean?
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 08:06 PM   #74
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69

AkbarGulag, I'm keen to try this mod. However I don't see a version for TMO 1.5.2 + relevant RSRDC. What version of your mod should I use?
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-08, 05:16 PM   #75
kondor999
Watch

Downloads: 38

I totally agree. The "theoretical max range" and the actual operational range are nothing like each other. For example, theoretical max does not include things like: running up, climbing to altitude, delays as you form up, etc etc etc.

If you want *extremely* well-researched "real-world" ranges for various aircraft, I humbly recommend "Victory at Sea" by Dunnigan and Nofi. Or - you can look at the values in the great wargame "War in the Pacific" by Grigsby (over at matrixgames).

It's unfortunate that some people, after having flown a flight sim, suddenly think they're experts on all the operational aspects of aircraft. I'm in the USAF and have been flying since age 15 - but I wouldn't make that claim.

It reminds me a little of what Napoleon said: "Amateurs talk about strategy and tactics. Professionals talk about logistics".

Quote:
Considering you are an IL2 player Nikuta, clearly you feel you know something I don't. Next time you have information you think is useful, then please, share it with me and it may be included to satisfy the whims of people like yourself. Posting yourself laughing at whatever you may be laughing at, then not explaining, makes no better than a spammer wasting my time. Your posts will be deleted by a moderator because they are a waste of space.

And for your information, I posted a link to the Zero because it apperared you did not know what one was. And I did not use wiki as a resource for range, as it gives maximum ranges for aircraft, not loaded ranges. Aircraft in SH4 carry payloads that reduce their overall range. All of this has been taken into consideration. I will cease trying to defend myself here. You are the first person to truly waste my time.
kondor999 is offline   Reply With Quote