SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-04-08, 08:10 AM   #31
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Nice! New version! Seems I downloaded the wrong version for RSRDC the other day (grabbed the one for RSRDC for Add-on)
Aaaaand now I see there are even more ships with altered .cfg's that have to be remedied for use with SCAF. Yay! Time to break out Winmerge and post what values have to be changed for ASW to work fine along with SCAF. Be back soon

ETA: Ok, here's the list:

NCV_Hiryu.cfg: Mast=15.42
NCV_Hiyo.cfg: Mast=46.38
NCV_Shokaku.cfg: Mast=10.17
NCV_Taiho.cfg: Mast=13.58
NCVE_Taiyo.cfg: Mast=15.29
NCVS_Chitose.cfg: Mast=26.08

Remember, these are changes that have to be done to the .cfg files of the ASW Mod before you activate it. I've posted step-by-step instructions a few posts up. Also remember, the correct activation order is: RSRDC v300 and patch 3 for RSRDC, then SCAF_4_RSRDC_v300, and ASW_RSRDC_v300_5.0 last.

ETA#2: May I just say, I'm dying to see what changes you've made to the plane's sensors!

ETA#3: Aha...I see...yes, I see! (laughs evilly).

Let the Beast inside you free!

Last edited by DrBeast; 03-04-08 at 08:31 AM.
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 07:00 AM   #32
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

SCAF is now the candidate for ASW_GLOBAL. Thanks CapnScurvy for your information

New Version 6.0_STANDARD for 1.5 patch is now available.

New Version 6.0_STANDARD for 1.4 patch is now available.

New Version 6.0_RSRDC_V350 for 1.4 patch is now available.

New Version 6.0b_OverHauled for 1.5 patch is now available.

New Version 6.0_RSRD_355 for 1.5 patch is now available.

These are a BETA. Reason simply because it is such a large upgrade in terms of file changes. All Aircraft will have consistent detection now. Version 5.0 had all the good historic timelines and balances, and it introduced a new but rough/poor detection system. 6.0 has a pretty clean setup by comparison, detection by aircraft should be enjoyable.

This has all the nuts and bolts of ASW_GLOBAL aside from the missing Indian Ocean content. SCAF is not in this edition, sorry But I did reduce the shared ship folders with RSRD to one entry only, TMO shares none for ease of entry DrBeast.

If no bug reports are recieved, I will just chop the 'BETA' off the file header. There are no plans for further upgrades in the pacific at this point.

This update was mainly to reward those who have been kind enough to give this MOD a go and have been encouraging me, either through silent download or vocal support.

EDIT: for those who may have downloaded the TMO 6.0 version, please upload the new 6.0b as there was two .sim conflicts in the H6K and H8K.

Thanks,

Akbar

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 03-08-08 at 03:25 AM.
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 12:59 PM   #33
DrBeast
The Old Man

Cheers mate! Don't worry about the SCAF entries...changing them is a breeze with a lovely tool such as Winmerge. Expect feedback after I've assembled my new rig sometime next week.

Old 03-08-08, 01:00 PM   #34
Jonny-Dog
Sailor man

Downloads: 142

Is it possible to use this mod with RSRDC_TMOv15_V371?

J.J.
Jonny-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 03:00 PM   #35
Weather-guesser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

I was wondering the same thing since I will be using TMO 1.5 AND RSRDC_TMOv15_V371. I'd like to take this ASW mod for a spin.

NAVY! It's not just a job. It's a Buck Seventy-Five an hour!
Weather-guesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 09:13 PM   #36
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Thats a good question. Modding a mod made for a mod. Since the files used are limited in thier scope, it probably would not be that hard.

No ETA on this, but it will be in the pipeline.

EDIT:

New 7.0 Version available for RSRD and TMO 1.5 patch.

Both of these versions have a compressed library and have the RSRD base placement incorporated.

After playing a quick round of this in game, it seems the aircraft activity may be a bit high for the timid. Changing the frequency to a 'Logical Step' value of 40 is recommended for those who desire less aircraft contact (instructions for this are in post 1 of this thread).

The overall frequency increase is because mainly of the increase in number of IJ bases. None of these bases wil be removed in future versions. Future versions will have a reduced air frequency to compensate.

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 03-09-08 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-09-08, 08:00 PM   #37
AlmightyTallest
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14

Excellent work Akbar and team,

Just upgraded to v1.5 and wanted to add my voice to using this Air layer mod for RSRDC_TMOv15_V371 if it's not too much trouble.

Really appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this sim, it literally gets better every week.
AlmightyTallest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 09:27 PM   #38
Weather-guesser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Outstanding.....takin this baby for a spin

NAVY! It's not just a job. It's a Buck Seventy-Five an hour!
Weather-guesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 05:56 AM   #39
DrBeast
The Old Man

There seems to be much less planes in 6.0 compared to 5.0. And I don't mean the frequency in which they appear, I mean the actual files. How come? Woah...hold the train...there's a version 7 out?! Sorry, missed that part, going to the 1st post to check

ETA: Neeeevermind, it's for 1.5. Bleh! (rummages through his empty wallet)

Old 03-10-08, 06:34 AM   #40
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
There seems to be much less planes in 6.0 compared to 5.0. And I don't mean the frequency in which they appear, I mean the actual files. How come? Woah...hold the train...there's a version 7 out?! Sorry, missed that part, going to the 1st post to check

Theres just as many planes in each version

If there is a particular 1.4 version you need, just post it here. I will make one up for you.

The only real changes in 7.0 are.... the airfield placement, it now uses RSRD airbase positions and names, but the planes and types of airfields are all ASW. The other change, is I compressed the Library from 7 to 4 files and added 1 bomb type (100kg). (and there are new radar sets for American Aircraft in there, but they are not set or used yet)

Old 03-10-08, 07:09 AM   #41
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
Quote:

Theres just as many planes in each version
Hmmm...

I take it the planes listed in 5.0 were redundant with 6.0 then?

Quote:
If there is a particular 1.4 version you need, just post it here. I will make one up for you.

The only real changes in 7.0 are.... the airfield placement, it now uses RSRD airbase positions and names, but the planes and types of airfields are all ASW. The other change, is I compressed the Library from 7 to 4 files and added 1 bomb type (100kg). (and there are new radar sets for American Aircraft in there, but they are not set or used yet)
Cheers mate, if it's not asking too much I'd really like 7.0 for 1.4

Old 03-10-08, 07:15 AM   #42
castorp345
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 118

Quote:
if it's not asking too much I'd really like 7.0 for 1.4
ditto.

cheers
hc
castorp345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 09:37 AM   #43
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Yes, Dr Beast. The planes that are not in the second folder are because they are 'almost' redundant. They will still be present in the scripted missions that Lurker has made them for, but you will not see them in the campaign. The exception are the carrier based aircraft, Val , Kate and Zero. They will still be on carrier decks, but now have range restrictions. If you look in the folder (for Kate Zero Val), you will notice they have .cfg files. This is the file that controls range, speed. If for example, I used the same planes as RSRD, I would have to rely on the weapons carried by those planes. And that is a little to restrictive for what was planned for them.... thus the ASW clones. The clones are more for compatability than anything. Also, when the project was first started, it was discovered, that a plane with multiple 'loadout' configurations is spawned at an airfield, there was no way to tell them what 'loadout' to use. Often this resulted in them strafing you with bullets, but nothing else. Now we have 'forced their hand' so to speak by giving the ASW versions only one set of weapons

Ok, I will make a RSRD+ for 1.4 and also a standard 1.4. ETA as soon as I can. Just spending as much time as possible atm on building the u-boat air layer. I have not forgotted anyone

Old 03-10-08, 09:49 AM   #44
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Yes, Dr Beast. The planes that are not in the second folder are because they are 'almost' redundant. They will still be present in the scripted missions that Lurker has made them for, but you will not see them in the campaign. The exception are the carrier based aircraft, Val , Kate and Zero. They will still be on carrier decks, but now have range restrictions. If you look in the folder (for Kate Zero Val), you will notice they have .cfg files. This is the file that controls range, speed. If for example, I used the same planes as RSRD, I would have to rely on the weapons carried by those planes. And that is a little to restrictive for what was planned for them.... thus the ASW clones. The clones are more for compatability than anything. Also, when the project was first started, it was discovered, that a plane with multiple 'loadout' configurations is spawned at an airfield, there was no way to tell them what 'loadout' to use. Often this resulted in them strafing you with bullets, but nothing else. Now we have 'forced their hand' so to speak by giving the ASW versions only one set of weapons

Ok, I will make a RSRD+ for 1.4 and also a standard 1.4. ETA as soon as I can. Just spending as much time as possible atm on building the u-boat air layer. I have not forgotted anyone
Take your time, mate, I'm a patient man (plus, I'm still waiting for them new computer parts!)
'nother quick question: will the planes strafe you with their guns if they run out of bombs? I think lurker did something to that effect by adding "dummy bomb" loadouts as well as normal ordinance.

Old 03-10-08, 09:56 AM   #45
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Thats a good question. Chances are they pack up and go home. I do not see that as a major concern, considering an aircraft can straffe you all day and not really do anything. Also, you DO NOT want to take a hit from ASW aircraft when they do have bombs. I got careless off the coast of Japan in a quick blast around the other night, an H6K4 ate me for lunch. I was cheeky and tried diving my sugar boat at 4,000 metres from contact

Considering I never 'play' this game anymore, it gave me a healthy respect for the changes in ASW