SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-29-08, 01:30 AM   #16
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag

A small note on RSRD version. Adding this air layer removes many aspects of the RSRD Campaign air works. Lurker has made a very comprehensive air layer with a lot of historical accuracy for the RSRD campaign. ALL the RSRD allied aircraft improvements will still be functional, you will be trading the Imperial Japanese air layer for this one.
Could you say this again in a different way? I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that adding this MOD will improve just the Japanese Air Operations of RSRD?? And that all the RSRD Allied air operations will remain the same? I don't want to lose any of the RSRDC features.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 01:44 AM   #17
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Quote:

A small note on RSRD version. Adding this air layer removes many aspects of the RSRD Campaign air works. Lurker has made a very comprehensive air layer with a lot of historical accuracy for the RSRD campaign. ALL the RSRD allied aircraft improvements will still be functional, you will be trading the Imperial Japanese air layer for this one.
Could you say this again in a different way? I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that adding this MOD will improve just the Japanese Air Operations of RSRD?? And that all the RSRD Allied air operations will remain the same? I don't want to lose any of the RSRDC features.
Correct. Air coverage will follow the same timeline as RSRD more or less. The ASW planes in the ASW_RSRD mod are superior in many ways to the planes in RSRD. Historical plane speeds and arrival dates are far more accurate in the ASW_RSRD, even the shift in Japanese ASW tactics is more accurate in ASW_RSRD.

To explain in more detail as to what you are loosing, the only real difference will be the position and number of airfields. Also, the RSRD campaign has local names for airfields, this does not. If you have for example, the mod that shows airbase names and locations on the nav map, then you will not have all the cool names anymore, just a bunch of locations with 'Aifield number X' etc..

I'm of the opinion that people who do not use external camera will get more of a 'Bang' from this mod. Despite it's lack of historical place names.

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 03:01 PM   #18
AlmightyTallest
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14

So far, I really liked what I saw, just hope to see a version that's TM Overhaul and RSRDC_P3_TMO_v325 compatible.
AlmightyTallest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 08:04 PM   #19
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyTallest
So far, I really liked what I saw, just hope to see a version that's TM Overhaul and RSRDC_P3_TMO_v325 compatible.
A version for TM will be in the pipeline. No date fixed.

New Standard Versions now available. These bring Standard into line with the extra content in the RSRD version. Including some minor tweaks and tuning, minor corrections. New Visual sets. 4.0 is a LARGE improvement over 3.0d and is a strongly recommended update. These are available for both 1.4 and 1.5 patch (see corresponding links in first post).

The RSRD_v300 version will soon recieve a 4.0b replacement to reflect balances and minor corrections available in the Standard release.

A version for RSRD_v310 will soon be available.

The air frequency has recieved a minor increase. Future versions may see a 'Light' and 'Heavy' listing, for users who prefer more or less air activity.

Old 03-01-08, 08:17 PM   #20
AlmightyTallest
Machinist's Mate

Sounds great AkbarGulag, I can't wait to add these mods, this fix for the Air layer is much needed.
Old 03-02-08, 01:05 PM   #21
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Oh, I'm DEFINITELY going to give this mod a try, since it's RSRDC-compatible! Cheers guys!

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 05:00 AM   #22
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

UPDATE:

Have uploaded ASW_TM_Overhaul 4.0_BETA.

This is a beta simply because I have not tested it, but it looks fine and I do not expect trouble. IF you have any problems, simply post here and it will be fixed asap.

NOTE:

You will NOT lose any TM functionality. As usual, apply directly after the mod it was designed for, and say yes to overwrite files.

EDIT: 4.0b BETA is up due to some small accuracy fixes.

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 03-03-08 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-03-08, 05:53 AM   #23
DrBeast
The Old Man

A note to those who use RSRDC AND SCAF for RSRDC. There's a couple of things you need to do before you activate ASW for RSRDC:

1. Browse to the ASW_RSRDC_310_4.0\Data\Sea\NCVS_Chitose folder
2. Open NCVS_Chitose.cfg with Notepad
3. Change Mast=32 to Mast=26.08
4. Close Notepad, save when prompted
5. Browse to the ASW_RSRDC_310_4.0\Data\Sea\NCVS_Taiyo folder
6. Open NCVS_Taiyo.cfg with Notepad
7. Change Mast=16 to Mast=15.29
8. Close Notepad, save when prompted

That's it. You can now activate this mod AFTER RSRDC and SCAF for RSRDC.

Old 03-03-08, 06:28 AM   #24
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Ahh, good spotting Beast

Excuse my ignorance, what is SCAF?

I looked in the files, and that value is set in RSRDC. So changing it at my end is of no use before it is downloaded.

Thanks beast, feedback is always better than silence.

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 03-03-08 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-03-08, 06:51 AM   #25
DrBeast
The Old Man

Don't worry, the value you have entered is correct, but SCAF changes all the mast height values. Hence the need for a quick fix for users of RSRDC and SCAF for RSRDC.
SCAF stands for Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix. A must-have mod if you're using manual targeting. More information and link to the mod here.
I hope I'll be able to get a new PSU today and play around with your mod installed. What's the use of being among the first who expressed interest in this mod and not playing it?

Old 03-03-08, 09:46 AM   #26
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

OK, over the next few days, all of the ASW versions in this thread will recieve what may be a final update for a while. Most of our goals have been achieved bar one or two. The update to be introduced to all versions of ASW will be a visual sensor that will allow aircraft to give you hell at a given depth. Naturally we had not been inclined to reveal the efficiency of said viusal aids already in use in ASW, due to the fact it would influence a players reactions.

The truth of visual aids was already presented to us by several well known modders here, but sheer pig-headedness has restrained the initiation of said facts. Now it must be recognised as the only way for the foreseeable future to go. This will, IMO, improve the challenge of the ASW MOD by a large margin.

Thanks to all of you who have used ASW to this point, your continued silence must mean it delivers on some level :rotfl:

Old 03-03-08, 10:00 AM   #27
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
OK, over the next few days, all of the ASW versions in this thread will recieve what may be a final update for a while. Most of our goals have been achieved bar one or two. The update to be introduced to all versions of ASW will be a visual sensor that will allow aircraft to give you hell at a given depth. Naturally we had not been inclined to reveal the efficiency of said viusal aids already in use in ASW, due to the fact it would influence a players reactions.

The truth of visual aids was already presented to us by several well known modders here, but sheer pig-headedness has restrained the initiation of said facts. Now it must be recognised as the only way for the foreseeable future to go. This will, IMO, improve the challenge of the ASW MOD by a large margin.

Thanks to all of you who have used ASW to this point, your continued silence must mean it delivers on some level :rotfl:
Aha...Attack of The Killer Ducimus Planes! :rotfl:

ETA: Rest assured, once I've tried this mod you'll hear from me. I'm Greek, which means I'm pretty vocal!

Old 03-03-08, 10:41 AM   #28
AlmightyTallest
Machinist's Mate

Yea, there's nothing quite like trying to sneak into Kure Harbor only to be spotted by Val Dive bombers in shallow water and forced into a simultaneious gunbattle with patrol gunboats and dive bombers. I love it!

Great job guys, will have to wait until the weekend to try out the TM Overhaul version. Can't wait
Old 03-03-08, 12:46 PM   #29
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Ok, I loaded ASW and in 3 patrols no aircraft sightings. In the 4th patrol got one on the west coast of Borneo at 1735hrs. Just fine by me. BTW I still have the COMSUBWESPAC airstrike mod on the listing shall I take this off? It seems this helps the numerous night attacks in TM.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 08:11 PM   #30
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker
Ok, I loaded ASW and in 3 patrols no aircraft sightings. In the 4th patrol got one on the west coast of Borneo at 1735hrs. Just fine by me. BTW I still have the COMSUBWESPAC airstrike mod on the listing shall I take this off? It seems this helps the numerous night attacks in TM.
Using an airstrike MOD in combination with this (if you apply the airstrike mod after) will effectively remove any control ASW has on aircraft frequency and behavior. ASW should not have any problems with night attacks (not until I introduce them in a controlled way in future versions anyway).

Do NOT use airstrike MODS with ASW. If you feel the frequency is to high or low in ASW, see the first post in this thread, it will explain an easy way to adjust this to the users preference. It's as simple as using notepad.

Remove that airstrike mod of yours Davy, then get back to me with your results. PM if preffered.

5.0 is now being implemented in the first post in this thread.

The advantages of this update are the new 'eyes' of enemy aircraft. A LOT of testing went into final call on the exact figures used on this sensor. The upside of this addition, means the player wil finally get a realistic air attack, with fast dives being more critical when aircraft are detected. This, combined with the radar entry dates, should set a good flow for the campaign.

After questions posed, it is to be noted that despite this MOD being 1.5 compatable, it has little to no impact on the new U-boat campaign. The air layer in the U-boat add-on is a standalone air layer that is not implemented in the pacific. The only effects this will have on that campaign that I can think of, is the correct aircraft speeds on pre-existing aircraft and the ranges of said aircraft. ASW uses it's own aircraft and only enemy carrier formations and scripted air events, carry original aircraft inventories.

Also, please remember, if the AirCraft Frequency is not to your liking, instructions are in the first post for an easy way to tweak this with notepad.

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 03-04-08 at 09:16 PM.