SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-12, 06:42 AM   #1
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0
Default Aquery for the Sub Sim Community - Been away for over 6 months

I have been away for quite a while - Curiosity got the better of me -

I am wondering how far SH5 Mods have come - when I left there were a couple of superb environment mods. There was a fantastic mod by TDC on user interface and there was the promise of new crew members and better AI

Unfortunately the better AI never seemed to materialize- and the explosions and other special affects remained almost as lame as the initial game release - and the AI never seemed to get fixed

SO the question is, has there been any improvement - I am loath to download thousands of conflicting mods so I am wondering if the GUI was finally improved, if the environment was stabilized, if the special effects were improved and if the AI actually became a challenge

Can any one give me any idea how the mega mods have progressed - I'd love to have another look at SH5but don’t want to go to all the trouble of reinstalling the game only to find that despite the best efforts of numerous incredibly talented modders the game is still a dud

I do not wish to insult anyone nor because any offence and I apologize in advance if I have done so - I have not visited this game for so long so I don’t know where things are at - hoping some one can let me know if it’s worth reinstalling

Best Regards to all SubSimmers

Rascal
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 07:17 AM   #2
jason8888
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374

best looking game iv ever seen and fun to.