View Single Post
Old 04-18-08, 06:53 PM   #574
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Mostly obj-import fixes...

I still keep this a private (experimental) release only for subsim visitors, until I'm positive the import/export functionality is stable enough. Thanks for testing it. YOU are helping S3D getting better!

Have fun!

Version v0.8.1 - The download has been replaced by a newer version. Please follow my sig links.
New
  • Added a couple of menuitems to the 'Insert new chunk' menu.
Improved
  • The import dialog now has a progress indicator.
  • The OBJ-importer no longer accepts quads and polygons. It couldn't handle them anyway, but it didn't warn you and this would cause problems to the game. Please triangulate your model before importing.
  • The OBJ-importer no longer accepts meshes that are partially textured. It may actually be smarter to remove the 'import texture coordinates' option all together. But ok, maybe later.
Fixed
  • Fixed OBJ-import bug 'An entry with the same key already exists'. This was caused by OBJ-files that contained duplicate texture coordinates. S3D already fixed this for map channel 2 and up, but didn't for the first channel. It does now.
  • Fixed OBJ-import bug 'Unexpected token encountered'. Somehow I goofed up, as the importer failed to recognize the 'o' token. Whooops!
  • Fixed OBJ-import bug for object files containing multiple meshes. S3D removed all the meshes it didn't need, but left the then unused materials untouched. This caused incorrect material indices to be saved into the .DAT.

Last edited by skwasjer; 04-22-08 at 05:29 PM.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote