View Single Post
Old 07-06-20, 06:09 AM   #1471
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
If you mean was I back in the office and was it available as an upgrade then that's a yes, and it functioned as it should do.

Update, 1 Submarine improvement, highlighted in lime.
6th September 1942, USS Grayling (SS 209) GAR.
Equipment Loadout,
Mk14 Torpedoes,
20mm Machine Gun
3" Stern Mount Deck Gun,
SJ, Surface Search Radar, (EMPTY)
Improved SD Radar, Air Search Radar
Half Cut Conning Tower

I'm not exactly sure about the name of it but it did mention something about some shears and something was cut off it, I was too busy thinking that they were going to send somebody round to my place to cut my bloody hedges for me to remember exactly what was being offered.

I can post a picture of the submarine the next time we go out on patrol if you need one.
Picture not necessary, but your SJ is still empty? Is it on the list as a "free" upgrade in the Captain's Office in port? A hedge clipping is available, but you do have to pay a premium in renown points, and most folks can't afford it... Usually what happens is that the electrical cord is accidentally cut about 1/3 of the way through the process, leaving the job undone - sort of like a radar upgrade... but that can be entertaining also. I'm wondering if the game will attempt to upgrade your deck gun next round, and bomb on that. I am most of the way through the process of changing that set-up back to the way it was previously, such that you will get the gun, and lose the crew, which is repairable with a Save folder edit, whereas as it stands now, you will probably retain your 3" Aft deck gun, and the game will give you a 4" fore gun, no questions asked, but you will not get a gun crew, nor any slots to put them in, which makes for a difficult repair. There will still have to be testing though before another release comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Thanks for the assistance. I deleted the SH4 documents folder, restarted the system, and began another new career from Mare Island in 1943. Things were much less weird this time. Issues:

- Started at Mare and was immediately ordered to insert an agent near Katsuura; transferred with immediate effect to Brisbane. There were no sea trials on offer. I believe you mentioned this is a known issue.

- Torpedoed a Fleet Oiler and a Chitose seaplane tender at anchor in Eniwetok. Sank the FO with 4" gunfire but the Chitose withstood ~100 rounds of AP and HE as well as multiple Mk 14s. I would expect a CL to be armored against 4" AP but not an AVS, though certain areas were doubtlessly reinforced. Can this be adjusted?

- When I returned after refitting, the wounded Chitose had been joined by a SSS and another FO anchored in the exact spot as its predecessor. Two quickly sank but the FO took a heavy pounding before sinking bow first in shallow water. Though I maintained contact with it, I did not receive credit for that sinking. Stock issue?

- The map symbol for the kaibokan DE is bizarre: a dark, melanoma-like splotch. Even at 57% hull damage, curiosity demanded I close within visual range to find out what the heck that was.
Yes, I still have to go through all of the dates for the Mare (Treasure) Island starts, and try to sync them again.

The Chitose is basically a stock ship. Also, when you go beyond the spawn range and then come back, the game runs the spawn percentages again, and will oftentimes regenerate that which you sank previously. As for the renown points and credit not being awarded, that is the nature of harbor raiding, in that a ship has to be either completely destroyed if above the surface, or it has to slip beneath the waves. Usually, once a ship has sunk partially in shallow water, you can no longer give it more damage, or at least, not enough to complete the "destroyed" process. Those both are just the way the game works.

As for the NavMap icons, we hadn't gone through and double-checked them all yet. Since s7rikeback will check them, I will leave well-enough alone, since I usually mix the choices up... There were two that had CV icons, if I can find the post for that... were they the Heians?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
^ These are the ships I know to have a dark splodge type thing as its _shp file, COKaibokan_shp, NKMSS_Kinposan_shp, NPC_461_shp and lastly the USGunBoat01_shp, Mr beanie will probably change them now he knows about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
I will look at this in due course, thanks !
- we don't want me messin' it up anyway...

Edit: Found 'em!

original report
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...41#post2676141

discovery
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...88#post2676388

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-06-20 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Found 'em!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote