View Single Post
Old 10-20-20, 04:00 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

The "Optical Correction" parts are in FotRSU, not the centered-targeting of the moved conning towers. His [REL] thread is "Optical Targeting Correction revised March 2012". All "views" in the FotRSU mod for the game are as in OTC. They did some site maintenance here on SubSim the other day, and I am getting errors when attempting to download that file also, but that is for the v1.4 game and the v1.4 of RFB anyway...

My understanding of the OP is that he wants the holes filled in for the WernerSobe vid though, and is not looking for a mod, as cool as the mod is... He doesn't like the math involved either - nor do I, which is why I almost always go with a quick 90 attack, aka: Dick O'Kane attack, or whatever your favorite skipper's name is...

That is linked to in Rockin Robbin's "Sub Skipper's Bag of Tricks" posting from a while back. That vid is listed below the WernerSobe vidz, and there are several others of use for a skipper... Every once in a while, I get a hair where one shouldn't be, and try full-on manual targeting, but I usually waste over half of the loadout, and then finally give up after only hitting things I didn't aim at, and go back to the 90... patience is the main attribute required though, which ever manual targetting method you use, more so than the math. You still have to position your boat correctly, based upon correctly positioning the enemy vessel. Get either wrong, and it doesn't matter what method you use...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote