View Single Post
Old 09-17-12, 09:29 AM   #1
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Default [WIP] Historical Guns Specs

As announced in another thread, I've started collecting information on historical specs of both AI and human playable guns featured in game. If I manage to do it, this knowledge is going to be included in a mod that will introduce a general rebalance of armaments /ammo / zones and armour system in SH5. So far, this the detailed list of features I plan to implement:
  • Realistic guns specs:
    - train and elevation min and max angles;
    - train and elevation speeds;
    - train and elevation dispersions;
    - cyclic and practical firing rates (i.e. recoil and reload times);
    - muzzle velocity;
    - gun's max range;
    - gun's additional drag coefficients (left/right, up/down and front/rear for guns selectable as U-boat upgrades).

• Realistic ammo outfits for each gun:
    - round types;
    - number of round carried for each type;
    - number of rounds held per magazine.

• New shell definitions, reflecting different ammo used with different guns of the same caliber, with realistic damage figures:
    - detonation range;
    - min and max damage effects;
    - armour penetration;
    - min and max radius.

• Reworked FX:
    - different sounds for each of the main guns used in game (especially for sub's guns);
    - if needed: improved/new GFX effects for guns and shells featured.

• Reworked damage zones for ships and guns whose historical armour figures are known:
    - new zone definitions with realistic armour settings;
    - if needed: reworked/improved damage zones to reflect available historical data and expected sinking dynamics (including both vanilla and recently imported dat units).

• New ship definitions, with different and realistic gun equipments for each of the nations that operated them:
    - when needed: existing units cloned to reflect subclasses or different riggings/equipments of the same unit (for both GR2 and inported dat units);
    - if needed: revised ship's specs to reflect available historical data and expected in game behaviour (for both existing GR2 and dat units and their clones);
    - when needed: revised ship's equipment to reflect different armament outfits during the war and for different nations;
    - cloned units assigned in roster to the nations that historically used them.

In future, I could decide to make similar changes to torpedo / depth charges / aircraft weapon's systems.

This is the list of mods that, with permission by their respective authors, my project should be based on for maximum compatibility with (and among) them:

Moreover, selected features and fixes from the following old mods will be possibly included in the present mod (again, granted that permission to do so will be given by their original authors):

If you think that my list is missing any important mod that the present project might conflict with, or that shoud be included in it anyway, please let me know and I will get in touch with its author.

Indeed, I am also open to anyone wanting to co-work with me on this project and to any suggestion or complaint about pertinent aspects of the game that need still to be addressed.

I rely on your inputs, guys

================================================== ========

EDIT:

this mod is still in its alpha stage. At this moment only few of the aforementioned aspects have been addressed with separate patches that will be merged in the final release of the mod. You can get their latest versions from the following links:

Rongel's Torpedo malfunctions test v 2
download link and realease notes available HERE
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LATEST TORPEDO FAILURE PATCHES BY TDW

Armaments & equipments patch v 0.2
download link and realease notes available HERE

Thank you for testing!

Last edited by gap; 05-26-13 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Removed link for 'All Torpedoes Modified for Torp Failure Patches'
gap is offline   Reply With Quote