View Single Post
Old 06-26-17, 03:11 PM   #8
Shadow
Torpedoman

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Not to compare the game to Dangerous Waters, but in Dangerous Waters, if the Shkval is shot well, it is nearly impossible to dodge in its entirety - it will always give some damage on a good shot. However, I'm not sure how effective these weapons are with conventional munitions (damage radius isn't very large for conventional explosives) and they seem to be designed with nuclear weapons in mind. However, according to wikipedia, it seems like they're intended as anti-torpedo torpedoes.
Dangerous Waters had to speculate about the weapon's performance, and so will Cold Waters if necessary. A non-nuclear Shkval would need direct hits to inflict substantial damage, just like any torpedo. And as we know, it's very difficult to damage armoured targets with conventional area of effect weapons (probably more so if they explode underwater), and I doubt a Shkval would pack a FOAB-type warhead.

Overall, I think we can expect a very fast torpedo with a very wide turning radius, making it accurate at long range but increasingly avoidable as it gets close to an alerted target.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote