PDA

View Full Version : Milk Cows in Grey Wolves mod......

rickbone
09-09-06, 01:08 AM
Question:

I have cruised to a spot where a Milk Cow is stationed in Grey Wolves - how do I re-supply (I need fuel desperately....!!!). Please help!!!!

Leutnant z. s. Wolf

Shahed
09-09-06, 01:38 AM
If you see the boat next to you, click ESC and then click "Dock at..."

DanCanovas
09-09-06, 03:28 AM
oh cool, i didnt realise GW had milk cows having only recently installed it. i hope BDU gives me ample warning before I head back to base :up:

Henry_pl
09-09-06, 03:34 AM
Does basic SH3 version (1.4b patched) have milk cows and/or resuply ships ?

Gizzmoe
09-09-06, 03:50 AM

No.

--

jaxa
09-09-06, 04:06 AM

You should find Rubini's Harbour Traffic mod for stock SH3, if you want to use milk cows and resuply ships (and harbour traffic of course).

DanCanovas
09-09-06, 04:49 AM
i thought GW had all that?

Pants
09-09-06, 04:57 AM
it does :up:

bigboywooly
09-09-06, 04:57 AM
i thought GW had all that?

It does - he meant for the stock game

If you press F1 and then go to resupply info it will give you all the milchcow and resupply dates\locations :up:

Henry_pl
09-09-06, 05:27 AM
Bigboywooly, I've got some questions about GW (and haven't found answers in the forums)

1. What are the differences in damage model between GW and stock version ?
I've read that in GW ships sink rather by flooding than explosions ?

2. have you fixed ping bug (DD's being able to detect you when you lay on the sea bottom) ?

HunterICX
09-09-06, 05:57 AM
Well Henry I can answer number 1

1: The damage model used in the GW mod is very simple

Stock SH3 uses Hitpoint-damage model so a lot of simple shots and eye catching Explosions.

the GW damage model works with Floodings like in ur sub. if you shoot an compartment of an ship it creates floodings. so if you shoot on different spots of an ship it will create floodings causing the ship to be pulled down to the bottom in place of blowing up. but also this damage model requires some patience, sometimes an ship can take hours before she decides to go to the bottom. so shooting any more torpedo's at an ship could be an waste.

but still the ships have their weak spots (Fuel, Engine, Cargo stash Ammo/Explosives)

also about number 2, in GW I havent experienced carzy pinging like what ever I do they keep pinging me. also you must know that you have to keep the DD 0º or 180º (bearing) so the sonar doesnt have a lot of Shape of your sub to catch.

Also when you have been detected and get DC's play death, Silent rig dive deeper if posible going 1knt.

in the Stock SH3 the DDs' have gods ears. they can hear an crewmember fart in ur sub it doesnt really matter what you do they find you anyway. in GW this has been made a little more realistic so you still have an chance to get away with ur Guts inside you. but still the key of survival lies in ur hands :up:

good luck

rickbone
09-11-06, 10:57 AM
Thanks - I am running on fumes right now off the coast of Newfoundland....!!!!!!!!

ReallyDedPoet
09-18-06, 12:03 PM
If you still want the eye-candy that is in the Stock Version for explosions, etc, but are playing Grey Wolves ( 1.1 ) how do you make the changes to to that ?

Boris
09-18-06, 01:12 PM
Grey wolves still has explosions, they haven't been removed. The damage model still allows occasional critical hits too, so you will see a ship go up in a fireball now and again.

ReallyDedPoet
09-18-06, 01:40 PM
So when I first installed the Grey Wolves Mod I thought it was a graphics card issue. I guess not, thanks.

What about ship sinking times? Can you still keep the SH3 Stock ones?

Thanks.

This is maybe the greatest game ever, especially with the mods, super mods.