PDA

View Full Version : Library of Completed Ship Models

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Alex
07-19-07, 07:48 AM
I don't see any reason why it couldn't be replaced, but Rowi has to be contacted through the german forum, and to be ok to replace this plane with the Hurricane. :hmm:

Jimbuna
07-19-07, 07:53 AM
I don't see any reason why it couldn't be replaced, but Rowi has to be contacted through the german forum, and to be ok to replace this plane with the Hurricane. :hmm:

There's a little job for you then ;)

AOTD_MadMax
07-19-07, 08:53 AM
The Download contends a Hurricane, Kingfisher and the Walrus.

You only have to choose the plane in the CFG.
It also contend 2 Versions of the Ship.

First is without crane ( this is historical correct ) and the second is with crane !

If you want the Crane-Version you have to rename the second Dat-File !

Here the Version without crane and Hurricane !
http://85.25.133.181/Files/mods/MaddisSchiffe2/Katapult2.jpg

@ Boris

Did you stil working on the Sil-files ive been posted here ?
In German : Es wäre gut wenn Du die fertig machen könntest denn dann kann ich auch den Mod hochladen denn in dem Mod ist ja auch das Katapultschiff schon enthalten.

MFG

AOTD|MadMax

Alex
07-19-07, 09:00 AM
@ Jim' : :rotfl: !
Ok. :up:
I'll tell you what Rowi thinks of this idea.

Jimbuna
07-19-07, 09:55 AM
That's a beauty :rock: :up:

AOTD_MadMax
07-19-07, 10:03 AM

Are you still sleeping ?:rotfl:

The catapultship is already worked out with a Hurricane !
Rowi build two Version of this ship.
The only Thing you have to do is to download it and to read the readme.
Then you can see how those bothe Version´s work.
So there is no reason to talk to Rowi cause he already build this ship with Hurricane !:up:

Greets

AOTD|MadMax

Kpt. Lehmann
07-19-07, 10:59 AM
:rotfl:

:nope:

Alex
07-19-07, 11:17 AM

Are you still sleeping ?:rotfl:

No, just didn't see the pic with the Hurricane on it. Sorry. :oops:

bigboywooly
07-19-07, 11:29 AM
I informed Rowi it needed to be a Hurri and no crane when he first posted on the Ge Ubi forum
Which he kindly did
He has just offered 2 options with different loadouts

:up:

Now if had been a SH3 ship would be cool

Alex
07-19-07, 11:33 AM

Do you think he would be ok to do it ? :huh:
It would be nice to have these ships into GWX 1.04...

bigboywooly
07-19-07, 11:35 AM

Probably too late now mate to be honest
Am sure someone can do it
After all CAM ships were regular merchants altered to take an aircraft

WilhelmSchulz.
07-19-07, 11:36 AM

:nope:

What I say?

Alex
07-19-07, 11:42 AM
@ BBW : I see... :hmm:

AOTD_MadMax
07-19-07, 12:16 PM

I just finished an second Modpack for GWX1.03 with this ship.
It also includes some of the nice Warships from SH4.
Iam just waiting for Boris, he wanne convert the Sil.Files for me.
When i got them i release this pack.
But i dont thinkl that SH4 ships would be integrated to GWX1.04 !

MFG

AOTD|MadMax

iambecomelife
08-01-07, 10:36 PM
grandeur, check your PM

WilhelmSchulz.
08-02-07, 12:07 AM
When will the MF Mod be aviable? :D

iambecomelife
08-02-07, 12:12 AM

Apologies for the delay to everyone who is interested - I took a "vacation" from it in early summer before continuing to get it ready. ATM I am skinning the ships and correcting more modeling errors that I discovered. I don't want to give another ETA that may be missed but I am working on it at this very moment. (Well, I had to stop to type this but you get the idea).

lutzow
08-02-07, 02:49 AM
Iambecomelife - you are a tormentor!!!
Can you release just one ship from your package? Empire Freighter was
released 100 years ago;) ! PliZ - just one small tanker...?
I can't wait anymore for these beauties...
Greetz

WilhelmSchulz.
08-02-07, 04:08 AM

Apologies for the delay to everyone who is interested - I took a "vacation" from it in early summer before continuing to get it ready. ATM I am skinning the ships and correcting more modeling errors that I discovered. I don't want to give another ETA that may be missed but I am working on it at this very moment. (Well, I had to stop to type this but you get the idea).

ok within teh month of August. 2 weeks dar I say? :rock:

mkubani
08-02-07, 07:08 AM
Take as much time as you need as long as it makes into the last GWX update. ;)

Alex
08-02-07, 07:15 AM

This merchant pack will probably not be included into GWX, mate, IABL will release it separately.
We'll simply have to add his ships via JSGME. ;)

Jimbuna
08-02-07, 09:59 AM

GWX v1.04 WILL NOT be including what you desire I'm afraid. :arrgh!:

lutzow
08-02-07, 12:19 PM

GWX v1.04 WILL NOT be including what you desire I'm afraid. :arrgh!:
So what we waiting for? Iambecomelife: can you release your shipZ
separately? We are waiting LONG months and you just posting the screenZ.

WE'RE WAITING FOR YOUR SHIPS !
GIVE US JUST ONE SHIP!

mkubani
08-02-07, 01:25 PM
Hmmm, I did hope for having it in GWX. Doesn't it need to be integrated into to GWX campaign in order to have the ships in convoys, etc.?

melnibonian
08-02-07, 01:32 PM
Hmmm, I did hope for having it in GWX. Doesn't it need to be integrated into to GWX campaign in order to have the ships in convoys, etc.?
Not really. Most convoys use random ships, so it does not make any real difference. The are where you will see a difference is the damage model. If the ships don't have the same damage model as GWX then you will observe different behaviour during sinking.

bigboywooly
08-02-07, 01:46 PM

No as Mel stated
I have made the RND layer as generic as possible so all new ships are just added through JSGME to show ingame :up:

VonDos
08-03-07, 11:25 AM

No as Mel stated
I have made the RND layer as generic as possible so all new ships are just added through JSGME to show ingame :up:

Well done!! :yep:

iambecomelife
08-03-07, 12:16 PM

No as Mel stated

Thanks a lot for taking that into consideration. I never liked having to go through the campaign layers changing scripted entries to generic in order to allow new vessels to appear.

Question: What are the most common merchant nationalities in the latest GWX version? Obviously most of the ships are probably British but will other maritime nations (Sweden, Norway, Greece, etc) also spawn a significant number of vessels? I would like to get a better idea of what types of skins to concentrate on. Also, are there neutral ships in convoys?

melnibonian
08-03-07, 06:17 PM
Question: What are the most common merchant nationalities in the latest GWX version? Obviously most of the ships are probably British but will other maritime nations (Sweden, Norway, Greece, etc) also spawn a significant number of vessels? I would like to get a better idea of what types of skins to concentrate on. Also, are there neutral ships in convoys?
Although BBW is the expert on the subject I will try to give an answer. I have the feeling that GWX has a realistic approach to convoys. This means that although British and US ships appear in large numbers other ships from countries with large fleets (like Sweden, Greece etc) do spawn often. Also depending on the areas of operations some countries might be more represented than others (i.e. in the South Atlantic you have high probability to find Brazilian ships but in the Med this probability is small). Neutral ships do appear in convoys as well especially early in the war (1939-1941)

bigboywooly
08-04-07, 12:43 AM
Damn internet was out till now
Yes neutrals do spawn in convoys
North Atlantic will see Swedish\Norwegian\Dutch and a few Greek among others both when neutral and at war
You will see Brazilian\Panamanian South Atlantic way also

Alex
08-09-07, 01:36 PM
There's a new unit available at Rowi's FF account, but unfortunately we can't download it :( :

http://files.filefront.com/Werkstattschiff7z/;8267207;;/fileinfo.html

bigboywooly
08-09-07, 02:32 PM
There's a new unit available at Rowi's FF account, but unfortunately we can't download it :( :

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/Rowiship.jpg+

:hmm:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/ScreenHunter_574.jpg

Alex
08-09-07, 04:35 PM
Don't know how you did download it on his FF account, but :D :up:

Pretty ship ! :yep: :cool:

STEED
08-09-07, 05:02 PM
Wooly must be a Freemason. ;)

Secret Hand Shack No.74/A

bookworm_020
08-09-07, 06:47 PM
Wooly must be a Freemason. ;)

Secret Hand Shack No.74/A

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"Freemason's run the country!":rock:

iambecomelife
08-09-07, 06:51 PM
Nice. What type of ship is it? Is it a Naval auxiliary? The crane at the stern looks like a seaplane tender's... :hmm:

lutzow
08-09-07, 07:45 PM
...but there is only password-blocked link. Damm.
HOW TO GRAB THIS SHIP AND SINK HIM?
It have no sense - just tell me - WHY the TRIO
[Molke-Rowi-Trainer] has left our community? They are still working
and making the mods - what they want to prove?
When you are a MODDER - just tell me FOR WHO you are working?
If they are working for themselves then why they posting screenZ?
Mods for elite?
Greetz

Ruzbasan
08-09-07, 08:25 PM
Password protected mods????

Isn't that an illogical combination?

I thought the purpose of free mods was to enrich the experience of the gaming community, not shut them out with a password.

Maybe it is an unfinished beta.

lutzow
08-09-07, 09:38 PM
Yes - maybe.:nope:

denis_469
08-09-07, 10:39 PM

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/Rowiship.jpg+

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/ScreenHunter_574.jpg
You not one:up: But you olso.

Ruzbasan
08-09-07, 11:58 PM
What????

bigboywooly
08-10-07, 03:12 AM
yes the " trio " are still making mods
Rowi didnt advertise the ship
Alex did
Its available for the trio only and is still WIP
Tis a beta
An SH4 unit
Yes its a tender Iambecome

Maybe will be released when finished or perhaps they are working towards a ship pack

STEED
08-10-07, 03:53 AM
yes the " trio " are still making mods
Rowi didnt advertise the ship
Alex did
Its available for the trio only and is still WIP
Tis a beta
An SH4 unit
Yes its a tender Iambecome

Maybe will be released when finished or perhaps they are working towards a ship pack

That would be nice if they are working on a ship pack. :cool:

Ruzbasan
08-10-07, 08:57 AM
I thought it might be a beta. That's good news that they could be working on ship pack.

The ship reminds me of the freighter in that old John Wayne war movie-"Escape from Mindanao". I always liked that old freighter.

denis_469
08-10-07, 10:08 AM
It's complete ship from Rowi58. It's clone from NKSSJ. (If I right understand)

bigboywooly
08-10-07, 11:10 AM
It's complete ship from Rowi58. It's clone from NKSSJ. (If I right understand)

You are correct :up:

Ruzbasan
08-10-07, 12:29 PM
Any possibility we will be seeing it in the final GWX?

bigboywooly
08-10-07, 01:05 PM

No

As posted before
The 1.04 shipping is closed
The ship in question isnt finished

And - more importantly

Its a SH4 ship

Jimbuna
08-11-07, 10:33 AM

No

As posted before
The 1.04 shipping is closed
The ship in question isnt finished

And - more importantly

Its a SH4 ship

:roll: ...........................:nope: ..........................:rotfl:

Ruzbasan
08-11-07, 11:25 AM
Ahhh...the power of the modder. Tis a great feeling to lord over the modless masses of the community.:arrgh!:

bigboywooly
08-12-07, 06:04 AM
Ahhh...the power of the modder. Tis a great feeling to lord over the modless masses of the community.:arrgh!:

Not at all
If the shipping isnt closed for 1.04 then it will never be released as new units always popping up

Plus its not right for GWX to add SH4 units in
While Ubi seem to have said nothing over single ship releases they might think differently over the addition to a modpack such as GWX so best to leave the units out

Jimbuna
08-12-07, 06:53 AM

On the contrary.....I liken it to the modder actually bowing to the 'bidding' of the community :yep:

The hours are long and the pay is crap.....call it a dedication to all of those who enjoy subsimming maybe :arrgh!:

Ruzbasan
08-12-07, 07:06 PM
Jimbuna,

Please accept my apologies for my earlier post. You and the rest of the GWX team have created an incredible mod that has truly brought untold hours of enjoyment to the SHIII community. You and your team have shown your dedication to the community by volunteering immense amounts of your personal time to develop SHIII to it's full potential.

I now understand why you can not include additional ship models in GWX.

Sorry for the badgering.

iambecomelife
08-12-07, 09:45 PM

On the contrary.....I liken it to the modder actually bowing to the 'bidding' of the community :yep:

The hours are long and the pay is crap.....call it a dedication to all of those who enjoy subsimming maybe :arrgh!:

I just put in 3-4 hours after 5 P.M. Can I bill for overtime please?

Jimbuna
08-13-07, 07:02 AM

I just put in 3-4 hours after 5 P.M. Can I bill for overtime please?

No prob....just send the invoice to the community admin office :lol:

GlobalExplorer
08-13-07, 04:25 PM
have made the RND layer as generic as possible so all new ships are just added through JSGME to show ingame :up:

Very clever! That has been my concern (especially with the MF mod) from the beginning - people were adding too much static stuff to the campaign when SHIII wasnt actually designed that way. At least not with those extra ships.

Still, I think its a big mistake on IABLs part for not finding a way to have the MF mod be integrated into GWX. I guess the number of people who actually ever get to see his amazing ships will decrease tenfold because of that. That, however, doesnt include myself, as I am still looking forward to it, and I will go to great lengths to install it. For me this is still the number one mod on my wishlist.

While Ubi seem to have said nothing over single ship releases they might think differently over the addition to a modpack such as GWX so best to leave the units out
Really? A step against GWX from UBIs side would be unprecedented I think. There were legal problems with mods for racing games, where actual brand names and licenses were involved, but what would UBI gain here? I mean dont they actually owe you a lot, even in commercial terms (think of SHIV sales being higher because of GWX and the expectations it creates for SHIV mods)? And dont they know that? I guess you are safe.

XKiller
08-30-07, 04:11 AM
Hi

as mentioned in the title, a small contribution to this library I stumbled across:

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=44659

includes most the ships already posted in this thread but also some rare units I did not find elsewhere yet (f.e. greek CA_Averof, dutch DDNClass and several italian light and heavy cruisers).

As most of the dl links here being dead, I thought good to have a few new. ;)

Paul.Saenger
08-30-07, 06:56 AM
Are those GWX compatible? Because some like ARk Royal or the BB QE are years old going by the files, but have not been implemented into GWX.

bigboywooly
08-30-07, 07:35 AM
Hi

as mentioned in the title, a small contribution to this library I stumbled across:

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=44659

includes most the ships already posted in this thread but also some rare units I did not find elsewhere yet (f.e. greek CA_Averof, dutch DDNClass and several italian light and heavy cruisers).

As most of the dl links here being dead, I thought good to have a few new. ;)

The Averoff and N class are FROM GWX :nope:

The Ark Royal I have not looked at but the QE is a poor model from what I remember AND comes the Payware mod Uboat battle of the Med so no you wont find them in GWX

bigboywooly
08-30-07, 07:49 AM
have made the RND layer as generic as possible so all new ships are just added through JSGME to show ingame :up:

Very clever! That has been my concern (especially with the MF mod) from the beginning - people were adding too much static stuff to the campaign when SHIII wasnt actually designed that way. At least not with those extra ships.

Still, I think its a big mistake on IABLs part for not finding a way to have the MF mod be integrated into GWX. I guess the number of people who actually ever get to see his amazing ships will decrease tenfold because of that. That, however, doesnt include myself, as I am still looking forward to it, and I will go to great lengths to install it. For me this is still the number one mod on my wishlist.

Really? A step against GWX from UBIs side would be unprecedented I think. There were legal problems with mods for racing games, where actual brand names and licenses were involved, but what would UBI gain here? I mean dont they actually owe you a lot, even in commercial terms (think of SHIV sales being higher because of GWX and the expectations it creates for SHIV mods)? And dont they know that? I guess you are safe.

I agree on the new ships GE
So far in testing all new units show regulary in convoys so IF Iambecome releases his MF mod it should be no more than JSGME in to see ingame with no additional work
So anybody using GWX should get to see his ships
There are random entries in other mods too so they will show there also but I have tried to make GWX 1.04 as generic as possible even down to Patrol boat\Corvette\Frigate and Destroyer level so ANY new units made of those types will be seen also

As far as Ubi go well they owe GWX nothing

IF GWX is possibly responsible for a few more sales of SH3 then so much the better but our standpoint has always been that we wouldnt add units from SH4 as it is unfair to Ubi
Was another of the reasons GWX stayed out of the Pacific in the run up to SHIV release

Ppl will add SH4 units into their own installs and best of luck to them - there are plenty of converted ships out there already and more to come
I believe there is a modpack being worked on now by members of the Ge community
I plan to add some to mine if the game can handle the increase in unit numbers after the MF mod is released

But then I own SHIV also - I wouldnt add the units if I didnt own the game
Again its unfair to Ubi

Similary I wouldnt add the units from Uboat battle of the Med without owning it
Shudders

XKiller
08-30-07, 08:09 AM
bigboywooly:

At least explains why I haven't seen them for dl yet. As my old machine barely runs stock SH3 with its 256 ram, GWX is only a dream to me.
Think that guy at sukhoi.ru wasn't allowed to post them, right?
Hope you don't mind if I use them anyway to pimp my 1.4 a bit. ;)

AG124
08-31-07, 08:00 PM
Speaking of new ships; Iambecomelife, I just got your PM, but your own PM box is full (I suggest clearing it out a bit;)). Anyway, I don't have any problem with your request - looks good to me.:up:

iambecomelife
08-31-07, 11:40 PM
Speaking of new ships; Iambecomelife, I just got your PM, but your own PM box is full (I suggest clearing it out a bit;)). Anyway, I don't have any problem with your request - looks good to me.:up:

Great! So I guess it wasn't necessary to bribe you with a Canadian skin? :rotfl:

Seriously, this is a great help, since now I can balance out the larger ships of 3500 tons and up.

bigboywooly
09-01-07, 06:05 AM
bigboywooly:

At least explains why I haven't seen them for dl yet. As my old machine barely runs stock SH3 with its 256 ram, GWX is only a dream to me.
Think that guy at sukhoi.ru wasn't allowed to post them, right?
Hope you don't mind if I use them anyway to pimp my 1.4 a bit. ;)

No carry on
And invest in some more RAM

Tuddley3
09-02-07, 02:23 AM
Half the ships I want, are already deleted, how frustrating!!!

bigboywooly
09-02-07, 06:18 AM
Half the ships I want, are already deleted, how frustrating!!!

What ships ?

iambecomelife
09-15-07, 05:50 PM
Last night I experimented with a logo for the Merchant Fleet Mod. The freighter was created from an image in the recognition manual ONI-208-J.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/MFMlogo.jpg

AOTD_MadMax
09-16-07, 04:33 AM
Hi iambecome,

if you are still working on the Logo for the Mod, the release is not fare away isnt it ?

Greets

AOTD|MadMax

Alex
09-16-07, 05:18 AM
Last night I experimented with a logo for the Merchant Fleet Mod. The freighter was created from an image in the recognition manual ONI-208-J.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/MFMlogo.jpg

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7577/party20lj6.gifhttp://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7577/party20lj6.gifhttp://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7577/party20lj6.gifhttp://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7577/party20lj6.gif !!!!

Mueller72
09-16-07, 07:43 AM
The logo looks cool. :up:

Mod can be released...

JCWolf
09-16-07, 09:01 AM
Superb logo mate.....:rock: :rock:

love this kind of stuff.....:yep: :up:

Jimbuna
09-16-07, 09:09 AM
Very nice :rock: ...Do you have a release date yet ? :hmm:

bigboywooly
09-16-07, 09:09 AM
Nice logo but would rather be looking at the contents

xristoskaiti
09-16-07, 09:58 AM
apology other what they is merchant fleet mod? they is compatible for nygm2.6?
site download?:oops: :oops:

Alex
09-16-07, 11:43 AM
@ xristoskaiti : this is probably the most long-awaited mod... And it's not released yet. :-?

Nice logo but would rather be looking at the contents

I definitely second this. :rock:

lutzow
09-16-07, 12:30 PM
So - if Iambecomelife's shipyard works on his logo, then probably date of
releasing his fleet is near...very near...;).

xristoskaiti
09-16-07, 03:21 PM
I thank Alex:sunny:

iambecomelife
09-16-07, 05:05 PM
I don't want to give a release date since it's so hard to tell how long this modding work will take. However, there's been excellent progress with the mod in the past couple days - once again, a large number of obsolete ships were deleted and replaced with more detailed models. :yep:

bigboywooly
09-16-07, 05:07 PM

Perfectionist
We would quite happily sink the obsolete ones

bookworm_020
09-16-07, 08:40 PM

Perfectionist

We would be happy sinking any of the ships that you have, obsolete or not!:yep:

Cezbor
09-17-07, 03:21 AM
Logo is ok, and let's make the release date ...... next monday, .

..... just kidding:rotfl:

Alex
09-17-07, 04:48 AM
@ xristoskaiti : You're very welcome, man. ;)

Perfectionist

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1143/forum01wo8.gif

Yes Iambecomelife, we are impatient ! :arrgh!:

:88) ;)

iambecomelife
09-17-07, 01:38 PM

Perfectionist

We would be happy sinking any of the ships that you have, obsolete or not!:yep:

Come on - would you really like to sink something like this: ;)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/longb-2-1.jpg

Instead of this?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Hart1.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Hart3.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Hart2.jpg

The inspiration (photo courtesy of uboat.net): http://uboat.net/allies/ships/photos/br/hartlebury.jpg

This particular ship has gone through two other revisions, not including these, over the past year or so. When I started out with this I had the idea that I would create a certain number of ships and that would be it; instead the process has been more like evolution - you create something that seems great to at first & then a few months later you can hardly stand it anymore.

tater
09-17-07, 01:42 PM
Iambecomelife, not being a sh3 guy, but being interested in having as many sh4 ships as possible, are the textures you use 512x512, or 1024x1024? They look so much nicer than some of the sh3->sh4 converted ships (in all ways, but specifically textures).

Thanks,

tater

iambecomelife
09-17-07, 01:47 PM
These are plain old 512x512 textures. Probably the only ship that will have 1024x1024 textures is the CAM-Ship I released, and that was done mainly to improve the detail on the aircraft.

bigboywooly
09-17-07, 01:58 PM
Well TBH Iambecome Yes
Yes I would like to have sunk the first ship

Then overwritten it with the other revisions

But thats just me

iambecomelife
09-17-07, 02:42 PM
Well TBH Iambecome Yes

But thats just me

And have to delete & redownload everything time after time? No way!

Alex
09-17-07, 03:12 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8933/hart1nk5.jpg

A lonely helmet... :lol:
Do not forget to fix all missing gun crew before release, mate. ;)

bigboywooly
09-17-07, 03:36 PM
Well TBH Iambecome Yes

But thats just me

And have to delete & redownload everything time after time? No way!

Meh
Used to that mate

Crack on

iambecomelife
09-17-07, 03:43 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8933/hart1nk5.jpg

A lonely helmet... :lol:
Do not forget to fix all missing gun crew before release, mate. ;)

How do you fix this?

denis_469
09-17-07, 03:55 PM
I have question for iambecomelife (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=215754): you can made ships from foto? :o

VonDos
09-17-07, 04:06 PM
I have question for iambecomelife (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=215754): you can made ships from foto? :o

HE can :yep:

Waiting for download this, great and long-time work... :arrgh!:

iambecomelife
09-17-07, 05:39 PM

Based on pictures, yes. But none of my ships are exact copies because of game limitations, lack of detailed plans, etc. For this ship I was fortunate to have several photos and a profile drawing in an ID manual.

VonDos
10-24-07, 10:19 AM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3249/aquitaniafinlp1.jpg

I'm glad to release RMS Aquitania, in both Cunard and Gray War colors. :oops:
Thank to UBOAT234 for autorizathion to mod original "nlus_" file, and for a lot of advices :yep:

Download link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qv1ghj

(link down in the page)

more info on creation of this ship here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123885

bigboywooly
10-24-07, 10:20 AM
Nice job Von D :up:

nikbear
10-24-07, 10:47 AM
Fantastic looking ship VonDos,can't wait to see it on the high sea's:rock: and sink it ;)

denis_469
10-24-07, 10:48 AM
Good work:up: :yep:

Siara
10-24-07, 12:07 PM
Nicely done , four vents....mmmmmm :up:

Laphroaig75
10-24-07, 01:17 PM
Great work, just can't wait to send a few explosive greetings to it...:up:

coronas
10-24-07, 02:33 PM
Salute RMS Aquitania. Great work, VonDos :rock:

UBOAT234
10-24-07, 04:35 PM
Bravo VonDos :up:

Excellent work !

Jimbuna
10-24-07, 05:03 PM
Like it :up:

NiclDoe
10-24-07, 05:08 PM
Great work guys and too bad they will slip below the waves once i get them under my hands.:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :yep:

VonDos
11-20-07, 04:24 PM
And now, another ship:

Old Style Hospital Ship

http://immagini.p2pforum.it/out.php/i254345_HOSP2.jpg

You can download this ship here, if you want:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b6s72m

Model based on AOTD|MadMax "Big Old Liner" based on Rowi58 italian "Conte Verde" conversion from SHIV; thanks! :up:

Skin based on italian "Gradisca" hospital ship (see upper photo)

Regards, VD

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8115/hospma8.jpg

Borgneface
11-21-07, 07:34 AM
Very nice indeed! I have d/ld the 3 of them. I i hope they are going to use the 2 liners to transport ammo! cuase it will make a nice firework!

Great job VonDos :up: :up:

VonDos
11-22-07, 08:42 AM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/564/yesplanesyesgunswd7.jpg

Avaiable in 3 version: see http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125528 for more images and info!

Based on Gerome "Graf Zeppelin", with autorizathion! Thanks ^^

VonDos
01-15-08, 09:44 AM
Another ship, based on UBOAT234 Queen Mary: REX

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8279/rexreleaseje5.jpg

see my shipyard for download ^_^

Jimbuna
01-15-08, 10:01 AM
Nice :up:

iambecomelife
01-15-08, 11:05 AM
Excellent job with thr "Rex". Any chance we can see the "Empress of Britain", please? That's my favorite large WWII-era Allied liner.

VonDos
01-15-08, 11:23 AM
Thanks ^^
http://www.merchant-navy.net/Images/Empress%20of%20Britain.jpg

Voilà a photo.. mmm hard work for this ^^
For now i've another project; but in the future, next works should be this and Normandie (very difficult too).
so, Maybe yes ^^

USS_Trigger
02-03-08, 05:55 PM
hmm seems to be that most of those links are empty and i am unable to download

bigboywooly
02-03-08, 11:42 PM
hmm seems to be that most of those links are empty and i am unable to download

What are you after ?

VonDos
03-05-08, 09:46 AM
IAMBECOMELIFE:
Excellent job with thr "Rex". Any chance we can see the "Empress of Britain", please? That's my favorite large WWII-era Allied liner.

:D Work in progress! See here for more info: :p

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132342

Comments are welcome on the linked site ^^

EDIT: Released! See my signature!

roadhogg
06-15-08, 04:26 AM
I've just successfully added VonDos's Empress of Britain, Queen Mary, and S.S.Normandie into SH3 with 1.4b patch, and i have to say they look awesome :up:.

Trouble is that in the museum they show up with no armament at all throughout the war. Seems a bit unfair in view of the fact that the games original passenger liner has deck and machine guns from 40 or 41, and is bristling with them from 42 onwards.

So if you read this post VonDos m8, fantastic work :D, but is there any chance you could stack them out with armaments, preferably working ones, so that i can't just cruise up to them on the surface and blow them to bits?

Seems to me that a fitting set of armaments would be a pyramid of deck guns fore and aft, (like the original PPL by 1942), plus maybe two fore and aft on the top deck either end of the funnels, with machine gun nests dotted around too, since they'd make un-missable targets for aircraft attack.

If you don't know how, or don't want to arm them, i can perfectly understand how busy you must be working on other stuff, so hey fair play, i'm sure not gonna take them out of the game.

Just means i'm gonna need to take a crash course in modelling to
give them the defences they deserve lol.

Unless someone else with the know how wants to volounteer, subject to your permission of course?

Keep up the good work VonDos, it adds so much more excitement to the game knowing you may get beauties like these in view.

roadhogg
06-15-08, 05:08 AM
And since i wrote that post i've just found the Old Style Hospital ship, RMS Aquitania and the Aircraft Carrier Aquila
Mister your work rocks :D

Is the carrier Aquila compatible with stock SH3?

Thats a big zip file at 21.6mb

And how does she go in the game?
As a friendly to Germany, or as one that got away from Italy's occupation and fought with the allies?

VonDos
06-15-08, 06:24 AM
Hi!
Aquila is compatible with SH3, every version, but for see her in campaign you must script her (using mission editor on campaign script file, or editing the same file with notepad, if you are able to do this, please backup original files before!)
21mb because there are 3 version into the archive ^_^

She'll be friendly with you until september 43, like all others italian units; after the armistice... enemy!

About armed liners, the problem is related to historical accuracy for wapons: is very difficult konw how they was armed, and were guns was placed!
If someone would try to put guns on my vessels, all OK! just contact me for let me know!

roadhogg
06-15-08, 09:58 AM
Hi VonDos,

thanks for responding and i hope you don't think of my comments as a complaint, cos one can't complain about such excellent additions to the game.

I'm gonna have real fun with these :D

I can imagine that finding accurate data on armaments is difficult (to say the least, especially in terms of positional accuracy, because for that only photos will provide it).

The historical accurists may hang me for saying this, but it seems to me that ships this size, despite their speed, would have been increasingly well armed due to their vulnerability from attackas a result of their sheer size. Either that, or surrounded by a dozen escorts whenever they sailed.

In fact i can't imagine any enemy aircraft being able to miss one of these super liners if it was targeting it. And with the wolfpacks in the Atlantic in 42 and early 43 devastating shipping a sub could hardly miss either if it got within range.

Personally, although doubtless some will disagree, i'd say that ships this size should be well armed simply for the sake of game play, so that surfacing and cruising up to one would be a suitable form of suicide lol.

Perhaps, though i would hate to detract from any other projects you have in the pipeline, you could, like you have with the Aquila, do alternate versions of these awesome liners that are armed to the teeth :D

I confess i have no idea of the difficulty or ease with which armed versions could be done, so i can only pray that for some one who obviously knows his stuff it's no more than a "quickie" to accomplish.
As for the Aquila then, i'll try to script her in to campaigns from 43 onwards, then i can have a go at sinking her :up:

I just found out yesterday i can open the Campaign.Mis file in word pad, and am comparing it as i write with the edited Task Force 1.0 in the gameplay mods section, to see how to customise it to my preference.

I've got at least six of your creations to add to it. They're all that good.

Well done m8 :)

P.S. sorry about the length of this post.

VonDos
06-15-08, 12:17 PM
Hehe, no problem, mate!
This isn't a conplain, this is a good suggestion!

The "armed version" can be an idea ^_^
After finish current models, i can try to make :yep:

For the full list of my ships read my signature :up:

roadhogg
06-15-08, 03:47 PM
I've been in and out of your shipyard already like a ferret on steroids :up:

Added to my SH3 so far, ( ie: viewable in my museum when i load it) are:

The Warspite (i've sunk it already while using the Task Force 1.0 Campaign RND file:D)
The Queen Mary, The Aquitania, The Empress of Britain, The Old Hospital Ship and The Aquila.

I've also added five of Gerome73's

The Lutzow, HMS Norfolk, HMS Suffolk, HMS Cumberland and HMS Devonshire

Plus U234's HMS Hood

The Graf Spee - the readme's in German so can't think who by without searching again.

And the BC Repulse- who's readme is not signed so it's either by Warhunter, or perhaps Gerome73 again.

Still looking for the Tirpitz (got the multiskin but not the ship)
Scharnhorst- links dead
Admiral Scheer- links dead - and
The Graf Zeppelin - links dead

Talking of which:

You already know one prop is static on the Aquila (says further up the thread).
The black paint job on the hull is only on one side ( could well be intentional).
The rear gun emplacements are empty (as per the pic on thread)
Same with the forward lower deck emplacement.
And i selected the yesgunsyesplanes folder for JSGME but theres no planes on deck in the museum.
Any idea what i did wrong?
I don't know which file adds the planes :cry:

VonDos
06-15-08, 05:28 PM
Aquila :hmm:
now, the empty gun emplacement are caused by the number of nodes: Aquila was based on Graf Zeppelin's model -> same number of guns!

For having planes try this:

go into yesgunsyesplanes folder, copy "with your hands" the .dat file, and past him into your data\sea\NCV_Aquila folder: planes are into dat file, like guns nodes!
Let mi know if this work ^_^

Aquila was one of my "test ships" when i start to model... not a great unit, but... i've learn how to model on her :oops:

Carotio
06-15-08, 05:34 PM
Just wondering:

how many of you ship builders will be try to convert or rework your units for SH4? :hmm:

Some models have been done allready, but I suppose the original modder should always have first right to do it themselves, so how many of you will be doing it?

Sorry, if this has been asked before somewhere...

VonDos
06-15-08, 05:37 PM
Touchè!
Work in progress on conversion, but i'm not the "converter" :up:

iambecomelife
06-15-08, 06:17 PM
Just wondering:

how many of you ship builders will be try to convert or rework your units for SH4? :hmm:

Some models have been done allready, but I suppose the original modder should always have first right to do it themselves, so how many of you will be doing it?

Sorry, if this has been asked before somewhere...

I will be converting my units for SH4 as soon as I finish them - especially the modern tankers & freighters.

I don't mind other people doing the conversions, as long as they don't try and release them as payware (which HAS happened in the past).

roadhogg
06-15-08, 10:51 PM
No, it hasn't worked :cry:, so i tried replacing the DAT and EQP files in the NCV_Aquila folder with the ones from the yesgunsyesplanes folder, then deleting the yesgunsyesplanes folder, and the other folders too ie: yesgunsnoplanes and nogunsnoplanes.
I did this with the idea that with no other files or folders in the NCV_Aquila folder it couldn't read the wrong ones, just the general files and the the DAT and EQP for the planes and guns.
BUt no joy unfortunately.
Which program do you use to open the DAT files?
Maybe if i can find the DAT with the planes and guns in it i can at least assure myself i'm loading the right files into the NCV folder.
I feel a bit guilty about asking these questions because answering them may take time away from more important things for you, like getting on with other projects.

This is fact the only thing that i've not been able to get round myself though - every other ship has loaded successfully - and if i can get whatever program opens the DAT file, i'll try to figure out whats going on without bugging you any more once i know i'm loading the right one, so hopefully no more questions.
Thanks for your patience so far m8 :up:

VonDos
06-16-08, 12:05 AM
No Problem!
Now, for open dat files you need 3Ditor (Skywasjer's program)

In "no planes" versions, if you click on node 22 (NCV_Illustrious_ATBSwordfish01), or 32 or 40 or 48, you'll see those coordinates X:0 Y:0 Z:0
With plane version had different coordinates here

roadhogg
06-17-08, 12:40 AM
Thanks VonDos, i'll give it a go :up:

Was reading the history of the Graf Zeppelin earlier.

What a waste for the Germans.

I'm even starting to consider the idea, at a later stage, of perhaps copying her into a Graf Zep folder with a German skin, and creating a single mission where i have to help her defend herself from British attack, Bismarck style.
If i can get the guns and planes to work, i could have her planes bombing and torpedoing the British ships, dogfights over the shipping engagement, it would make a great single mission i think.
Though i think the Graf Zep model is on site somewhere, if the links not dead.
One idea always has a habit of leading to another one lol.
I'td be nice to see that style of carrier in service though, whatever nationality it was.
I'm gonna make it so lol.

Jimbuna
06-17-08, 05:57 AM
Thanks VonDos, i'll give it a go :up:

Was reading the history of the Graf Zeppelin earlier.

What a waste for the Germans.

I'm even starting to consider the idea, at a later stage, of perhaps copying her into a Graf Zep folder with a German skin, and creating a single mission where i have to help her defend herself from British attack, Bismarck style.
If i can get the guns and planes to work, i could have her planes bombing and torpedoing the British ships, dogfights over the shipping engagement, it would make a great single mission i think.
Though i think the Graf Zep model is on site somewhere, if the links not dead.
One idea always has a habit of leading to another one lol.
I'td be nice to see that style of carrier in service though, whatever nationality it was.
I'm gonna make it so lol.

Shouldn't be too problematic...in fact, I'm suprised a single mission has never been built <makes a mental note>

The GZ is already included in GWX2.1, in fact I have used her already in a small test mission for a Q Ship mod I'm currently working on.

The hardest part is limiting the number of planes she can fly off.

In my test she flew off all of her 24 aircraft in one sortie to sink a 2000 ton Q Ship :lol:

zerstören
06-17-08, 06:01 AM

In my test she flew off all of her 24 aircraft in one sortie to sink a 2000 ton Q Ship :lol:

Ahoi

Go
E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\NCV_GrafZep pelin

Open cfg und change Squadron1No=50 to Squadron1No=5 or you choose number

Jimbuna
06-17-08, 06:24 AM

Ahoi

Go
E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\NCV_GrafZep pelin

Open cfg und change Squadron1No=50 to Squadron1No=5 or you choose number

Yep......I hadn't gotten around to that in my haste to conduct the test :lol: :up:

roadhogg
06-18-08, 05:14 AM
No need to ask if the Q ship was sunk then :lol:.

I got the Graf Zep and i've added that too now, which is handy cos for the last couple of days i've been trying to find out how to customise the Campaign.RND file, and a German task force is already scripted in it with a carrier.
Don't know what it would have put in there since theres no German carriers listed as stock, unless theres a German skin for a Bogue or Casablanca lurking in the files somewhere.
Hopefully now it'll use the Graf Zep :)

I have of course still got the Aquila in the game too, but haven't peeked at the DAT file yet, cos the Campaign.RND is a BIG file to view and edit and i've been a bit pre-occupied with it.
It'll be done soon though, i can't start a career until all mods are up and running properly the way i want them.
Thanks for the advice and keep up the good work with the ship building :up:

Jimbuna
06-18-08, 08:18 AM

No....no need to ask :lol:

roadhogg
06-18-08, 10:20 AM

No....no need to ask :lol:[/quote]

:up: thought not.

Couldn't find Skywasjer's 3Ditor in threads so tried installing S3D but got an error about a cabinet file that it said "cannot be trusted" and a failed download. No idea what it means.
So i tried just replacing the DAT's one by one in the Sea/NCV_Aquila folder, but got the guns with no planes every time. Hate to suggest it but are you sure you didn't accidentally put the same DAT file in all folders?
Another possibility is that i may not have those types of planes in SH3.
Were they Stukas?
Was thinking if i don't have that type of plane the DAT can't put them on deck.

Jimbuna
06-19-08, 06:11 AM
They were indeed Stukas....and the squadron number is now lowered to '5'

skwasjer
06-19-08, 09:38 AM
Couldn't find Skywasjer's 3Ditor in threads so tried installing S3D but got an error about a cabinet file that it said "cannot be trusted" and a failed download. No idea what it means.

There is no cabinet in S3D's installer, so I wonder if you even got the right file. Try the link in my signature...

VonDos
06-19-08, 01:34 PM
All Aquila's aircrafts models was contained in Aquila.dat; this is really strange; please try to re-download the carrier, and install her manually, with the right dat files ^_^ if don't work, yes, there can be a problem!

roadhogg
06-20-08, 07:42 AM
I have Stukas in stock SH3 so it can't be that.

I did install the Aquila manually VonDos, i stopped using JSGME for ship installs when my EnglishNames file was replaced with one that contained only the mod ships name and nothing else.
Result= complete re-install of game, patch and all mods lol.

The Aquila installs just fine, but replacing the DAT file in the Sea/NCV_Aquila folder manually from each of the option folders gave the same result. Guns but no planes.

The problem with S3D appears to be with the directx web installer from Microsoft (surprise surprise lol), not S3D.
In Add/Remove programs my list tells me i already updated with .Net 2 in April this year ( plus theres a .Net 2 servicepack1 installed), and DXDiag.exe says i'm running Directx 9c.
I can't uninstall and re-instal .Net2 because it's a non-removable update, unless i want to format the drive and reload everything ( Oh please no :cry:).

Naturally the error message doesn't state which cabinet file is causing the problem either lol.

To top it all BBW gave me the Tirpitz, but it's harmless, cos it's got no guns on it lol.

But thats another subject :D

Jimbuna
06-20-08, 08:45 AM
Guns will/should appear on the Tirpitz in 41 as was the historical situation.

boneman
06-21-08, 04:12 AM
PUTTHEM IN ONE NICE BIG FAT MOD! (like community units mod):up:

roadhogg
06-21-08, 09:39 AM
Yes Jimbuna, BBW has put my wise on that.
I have to confess i didn't scroll down the years in the museum, silly me :oops:

Who are you talking to Boneman @ put them in one big fat mod?

Not me i hope, if only because i wouldn't have a clue how to lol.

Good idea though, along with some more merchants, cos i had trouble finding many of the bigger merchants for SH3 (5500grt +) and have had to settle for just 3 new ones so far.

And does anyone know whether Iambecomelife is still around, and what happened to his much awaited ship mod pack for SH3?

Edit: hang on a minute, it was Silent 3Ditor i tried to install, and since Skywasjer wrote the reply above and provides a link to it, i assume the abbreviation for Silent 3ditor is, ....erm, S3D?
lol.

oops.

Jimbuna
06-21-08, 10:17 AM
Yes Jimbuna, BBW has put my wise on that.
I have to confess i didn't scroll down the years in the museum, silly me :oops:

Who are you talking to Boneman @ put them in one big fat mod?

Not me i hope, if only because i wouldn't have a clue how to lol.

Good idea though, along with some more merchants, cos i had trouble finding many of the bigger merchants for SH3 (5500grt +) and have had to settle for just 3 new ones so far.

And does anyone know whether Iambecomelife is still around, and what happened to his much awaited ship mod pack for SH3?

Edit: hang on a minute, it was Silent 3Ditor i tried to install, and since Skywasjer wrote the reply above and provides a link to it, i assume the abbreviation for Silent 3ditor is, ....erm, S3D?
lol.

oops.

Try this (if you haven't already):

http://files.filefront.com/Community+units21+ready7z/;10403648;/fileinfo.html

It is enabled via JSGME and should give you about another 40 merchants. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

VonDos
06-21-08, 10:22 AM
I've download and tested Aquila now; the yes guns yes planes version work on my sh3 O_O

roadhogg
06-23-08, 01:14 PM
Hi guys, apologies for the delay, work got in the way.

VonDos, i think i figured what i did wrong with the Aquila. Theres a set of files in the Aquila folder which i installed manually, and theres another set of files in the yesgunsyesplanes folder, which i took the DAT file from, and inserted over the original DAT in the Aquila folder.
Perhaps i should have simply re-named the ygyp folder to NCV_Aquila and installed that in the data/sea folder.
If that's the case, please accept my profuse apologies and try to forgive my stupidity :D.

Jimbuna, WOW, so many ships in that mod you provided the link for, i'm like a kid in a sweet shop now :lol:.

All i get atm is CTD's but that's because theres EnglishNames entries for things like Essex class carriers, Renown and Nevada class BB's and other stuff that have no corresponding model files. And the Type= have been re-classified.

I've not managed to get it working yet (it seems to be GWX ready but not SH3 stock) but i can just add the ships i want one by one.

So a big thankyou fellas, the modding abilities and knowledge of you guys make for such an enhenced gaming experience.

Take a bow (or a stern):rotfl: (ok i tried lol)

Seriously thinking about formatting and re-loading XP to see if i can get S3D working, and start finding out how to put guns on your liners VonDos, so i can make an encounter with one a very dangerous surface tactic :D

Btw, anyone know where i can pick up Essex and Renown class files? ;)

VonDos
06-23-08, 01:44 PM
\\If that's the case, please accept my profuse apologies and try to forgive my stupidity :D.

No problem ^_^
Happy to see you've solved the problem; enjoy the "yesyes" Aquila!

bigboywooly
06-23-08, 02:01 PM

You have PM

Jimbuna
06-23-08, 02:07 PM
Hi guys, apologies for the delay, work got in the way.

VonDos, i think i figured what i did wrong with the Aquila. Theres a set of files in the Aquila folder which i installed manually, and theres another set of files in the yesgunsyesplanes folder, which i took the DAT file from, and inserted over the original DAT in the Aquila folder.
Perhaps i should have simply re-named the ygyp folder to NCV_Aquila and installed that in the data/sea folder.
If that's the case, please accept my profuse apologies and try to forgive my stupidity :D.

Jimbuna, WOW, so many ships in that mod you provided the link for, i'm like a kid in a sweet shop now :lol:.

All i get atm is CTD's but that's because theres EnglishNames entries for things like Essex class carriers, Renown and Nevada class BB's and other stuff that have no corresponding model files. And the Type= have been re-classified.

I've not managed to get it working yet (it seems to be GWX ready but not SH3 stock) but i can just add the ships i want one by one.

So a big thankyou fellas, the modding abilities and knowledge of you guys make for such an enhenced gaming experience.

Take a bow (or a stern):rotfl: (ok i tried lol)

Seriously thinking about formatting and re-loading XP to see if i can get S3D working, and start finding out how to put guns on your liners VonDos, so i can make an encounter with one a very dangerous surface tactic :D

If your referring to the community ships mod, I have only ever tried it on GWX2.1

ShoCkwaVe
08-24-09, 02:55 PM
is it just me or are almost every link in this post outdated then scattered all over the forums?

moved here.. *click* no wait.. now its here.. *click*

error: the file you are looking for no longer exists

ok so who has copies of all these wonderful skins?

we need to get organized people

a 1 stop shopping place for skins with the K.I.S.S. factor

1 click = direct link to the download & delete everything else.

I for one h8 wild goose chases just to find the skin I want >:(

II/JG54_Emil
10-17-10, 09:49 AM
Can I find any of these Downloads still anywhere?

Sailor Steve
10-17-10, 10:20 AM
You can find over 100 of them here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=cat&id=79

II/JG54_Emil
10-25-10, 03:40 PM
Thank you very much :)

brabham85
03-12-11, 01:31 AM
I've downloaded some of these battleships and i'd like to assign them to particular city/harbours. In this case, at least, I know where i should go for find them in my campaign.

How can i do this?

Or, is there a way to set routes for them?

Jimbuna
03-12-11, 02:07 PM
You'll need to go into the Mission Editor and put them in via the Campaign_SCR.