PDA

View Full Version : Adding Lighted/New Ships

SkvyWvr
08-12-06, 07:43 AM
I have searched and have read through quite a few of the threads and have found much info on how to set these great mods up. My problem is no 1 step by step procedure exisits. I have read about editing certian files but I'm confused. BigBoyWooly has quite a bit of info on this. In 1 example he shows how he edited his US C2 cargo but I don't have any C2s in my US folder:damn: . I also have read where you have to edit some SH3 Commander files.:doh: Can someone please help. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is confused. Perhaps a sticky or an addition to the Community Manual on this subject can be made. Thanks in advance and keep up the great work.

GW 1.1a
SH3 Commander 2.6
SH3Gen v0.6.0

SkvyWvr
08-12-06, 10:26 AM
You are great. Thanks alot. I'll let you know how it goes. Again, thank you.

bigboywooly
08-12-06, 11:28 AM
No probem

When Anvart comes online will ask if he has any objections to me posting a JSGME compatable version for GW1.1 including the ships\Roster changes and the Campaign layers for other people

Have it ready to go but will wait for his ok as its his work

AG124
08-12-06, 04:11 PM
Also, when it comes to availability dates for nations which entered the war late (such as Brazil or the US) you may want to edit them so that the game spawns them correctly. For example, for the KSQ/LSQ, the availability dates could be as follows:

LSQ:

AppearanceDate=19380101
DisappearanceDate=19411207

KSQ:

AppearanceDate=19411208
DisappearanceDate=19451201

This way, if the game spawns a random US Coastal Merchant before the US enters the war, it should be a lighted one. And a Coastal Merchant spawned after December 8th, 1941 will never be lighted. With some ships, Anvart did not release lighted versions, :cry:, so they will never be lit - you can either change the availabilty dates so that the do not spawn until after the nation in question enters the war, or just let them spawn any time anyway.

bigboywooly
08-12-06, 04:17 PM
Also, when it comes to availability dates for nations which entered the war late (such as Brazil or the US) you may want to edit them so that the game spawns them correctly. For example, for the KSQ/LSQ, the availability dates could be as follows:

LSQ:

AppearanceDate=19380101
DisappearanceDate=19411207

KSQ:

AppearanceDate=19411208
DisappearanceDate=19451201

This way, if the game spawns a random US Coastal Merchant before the US enters the war, it should be a lighted one. And a Coastal Merchant spawned after December 8th, 1941 will never be lighted. With some ships, Anvart did not release lighted versions, :cry:, so they will never be lit - you can either change the availabilty dates so that the do not spawn until after the nation in question enters the war, or just let them spawn any time anyway.

For the release I am planning I only added the ships to the totally neutral countries
Its a hell of a lot of work rewriting the scr and rnd layers for the idea you stated
I have done it that way in one of my installs but that is so heavily changed from the original I would have to rewrite another:o

Well Anvart has said its ok to release as a package
Just waiting for ok from GW team as its their SCR and RND

SkvyWvr
08-12-06, 04:37 PM
You guys are super. This is beyond a doubt the best forum I've ever joined.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

mr chris
08-12-06, 06:59 PM
Does changing your SCR and RND for the one you are talking about releasing change anything else other than putting lights in the ships of neutral countries? Would it affect any ships one has allready added if i installed this new SCR and RND?

bigboywooly
08-12-06, 10:23 PM
Does changing your SCR and RND for the one you are talking about releasing change anything else other than putting lights in the ships of neutral countries? Would it affect any ships one has already added if i installed this new SCR and RND?

If you wait a while Mr C I should be releasing a JSGME compatable package that will include all the lit ships\altered roster files to accomadate ships in countries that werent neutral as well as scr and rnd

ie the US will have lit ships till 19411210 and then darkened ships from 19411211 when they enter the war
Greece will have lit ship till 19401112 and darkened ships from 19401113

I can change scr to include other ships other than the lit ones but that will mean users will have to install them

mr chris
08-13-06, 08:06 AM
Does changing your SCR and RND for the one you are talking about releasing change anything else other than putting lights in the ships of neutral countries? Would it affect any ships one has already added if i installed this new SCR and RND?

If you wait a while Mr C I should be releasing a JSGME compatable package that will include all the lit ships\altered roster files to accomadate ships in countries that werent neutral as well as scr and rnd

ie the US will have lit ships till 19411210 and then darkened ships from 19411211 when they enter the war

I can change scr to include other ships other than the lit ones but that will mean users will have to install them

I don't mind waiting at all BBW you take as long as you need.:up: Just one problem i dont use JSGME, should i invest in this?

bigboywooly
08-13-06, 08:12 AM

I don't mind waiting at all BBW you take as long as you need.:up: Just one problem i dont use JSGME, should i invest in this?

Its a great program for iinstalling mods
Uninstalls them easy too at the click of the mouse

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Saves having to reinstal if anything wrong :up:

mr chris
08-13-06, 08:17 AM
It says only to install over a clean unmodded version. Also it place it in your games root folder which one is this? I take it this mean i have to uninstall everything and start over again so it works ok, or would i get away with installing it over my current mods?

bigboywooly
08-13-06, 08:24 AM
It says only to install over a clean unmodded version. Also it place it in your games root folder which one is this? I take it this mean i have to uninstall everything and start over again so it works ok, or would i get away with installing it over my current mods?

No you should be ok running it over your GW1.1A instal
Thats what I did to test these ships
It goes into your Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII folder

mr chris
08-13-06, 08:28 AM
It's say's to run once but does it mean run the game or JSGME?

bigboywooly
08-13-06, 08:32 AM
It's say's to run once but does it mean run the game or JSGME?

LOL when you run the JSGME once it will create a MODS folder in the silenhunterIII folder
Thats the folder ( MODS ) where you put the mods into then when you run JSGME again it will show in the left hand pane :up:

mr chris
08-13-06, 08:35 AM
Thanks very much sorry for my not having any idea when i comes to computers:up:

bigboywooly
08-13-06, 08:42 AM
Dont be sorry mate
We are all here to help each other :up:

mr chris
08-13-06, 09:09 AM
Bingo all sort got it up and running in the end.:up:

U-snafu
08-15-06, 09:44 AM
bigboywooly,
any news on your JSGME package?

also, just curious--im using GW1.1a with U-WAC 1.7 (compatible) over it--would the GW neutral lighting work for me?? i don't think Uwac changed any neutral dates or countries in the scn or rnd.

bigboywooly
08-15-06, 01:14 PM
bigboywooly,
any news on your JSGME package?

also, just curious--im using GW1.1a with U-WAC 1.7 (compatible) over it--would the GW neutral lighting work for me?? i don't think Uwac changed any neutral dates or countries in the scn or rnd.

Bad news on that front
My SH3 PC has died on me:damn:
Not sure but think its the MOBO
So until I can replace the part ( s ) needed I am stumped
This laptop cant handle the game so cant even play it:nope:

U-snafu
08-15-06, 06:22 PM
Sorry to hear about the computer crash. The motherboard probably fried due to all those file changes you do with your programs to help out the members here:D.

SkvyWvr
08-16-06, 06:34 AM
Sorry to hear about the computer crash. The motherboard probably fried due to all those file changes you do with your programs to help out the members here:D.

Couldn't have said it better. Bigboywooly is always manning the lifeline ready to assist.:rock: :rock: :rock:

Venatore
08-19-06, 02:16 AM

:hmm:

bigboywooly
08-19-06, 09:12 AM

As posted on other page my SH3 comp has died
I did upload a copy that is out there somewhere but until I can afford to repair the other comp not a lot I can do about it

Venatore
08-19-06, 08:00 PM
Cheers mate;)

Capt.Crackerjack
08-24-06, 10:09 AM

As posted on other page my SH3 comp has died
I did upload a copy that is out there somewhere but until I can afford to repair the other comp not a lot I can do about it

Well, it's been some time now, when do you think we can hope to see the promised file to enable the lighted ships, please?

QB
08-25-06, 06:33 AM
No probem

When Anvart comes online will ask if he has any objections to me posting a JSGME compatable version for GW1.1 including the ships\Roster changes and the Campaign layers for other people

Have it ready to go but will wait for his ok as its his work

WOW! I can't wait for this :rock: :arrgh!:

Shahed
09-06-06, 10:22 PM
Hey Wooly ! Did you get your MOBO replaced ?

bigboywooly
09-07-06, 12:53 AM
I did TY
Bit busy scripting GWX at the mo :yep:

Shahed
09-07-06, 06:47 AM
Oki, no push, just asking. Keep up the GREAT work !

:rock: :rock: :rock: