06-21-06, 12:02 PM
whats a good

min=ef
max=ef

min=radius
max=radius

setting please

file name: torpedo_zone.txt
because i tend to make them to big and end up crashing the game or killing myself

VonHelsching
06-21-06, 12:25 PM
The first settings are the hit points of the torpedo and the second the blast radius. IIRC they are in meters. A very stong torpedo to take each ship in the game would be 800-900 and 10-15.

Is you set the radius more than 200-300 meters, then you are commiting suicide, since the blast radius reaches you too (If you are withing 200-300 m., of course).

Vikinger
06-21-06, 02:20 PM
Would be fun to set the blast radius to 8000 meters. Fire a fish at a convoy and then run like he** away from it. :D

kptn_kaiserhof
06-22-06, 02:05 AM
i dont have time to run like hell my torpedos go 400kts like a soviet nuclear tipped shkval

thats what im trying to simulate

GenLeo
06-22-06, 09:23 PM
slow down the torps unless of course you change your u-boat speeds to like 75 or 100 like i have done. Set the torp radius to 5000 and damage to 1000 crawl up to a convoy fire one or two torps the snap that boat around 180 degrees at SLOW speed the increase to flank.

WARNING: if you are going above 50 knots and try to make a hard turn you boat does a spiraling nose dive usually putting you down to crush depth.:damn: But it is VERY cool to watch on the free cam.:lol:

Warden
06-23-06, 11:29 AM
Excuse this incompetent fool, but how do I edit the damage my torpedos do?

Hartmann
06-23-06, 04:06 PM
in the same way british can make a nuclear depth charge.:huh: ideal for planes

throw a barrel in the water and everything is killed and crushed in 1000 meters :dead:

JSalinger
06-23-06, 08:02 PM
Hmm...so in theory, if you fired from a convoy at a distance (say, 1000 meters) and made the damage radius, say, 400 meters, does this mean you could take out multiple ships in the convoy with each torpedo hit?

andy_311
06-23-06, 08:44 PM
It all down to cheating,but saying that it can work against you if all your fish are set like that say you had a Ge7e homeing torpedo and its following a dd doing 36 knts and it turns towards you and the thing got a shallow draft and the fish is set to magnetic I think the only target will be you! I just can't see a fish doing 400knts do a quick turn sh*t happens in this game.

GenLeo
06-23-06, 11:34 PM
Yes Salinger. If you change the damage to say 2000 and the radius to 5000 EVERYTHING in that 5000 meter range will take damage. Although i am still testing the range of the damage. I fired a torp with a 2000 radius and i was over that range when it hit the tanker and i got sunk as well. I think when you start setting the damage radius to those extremes just like a real explosion it might actually go beyond that just at less damaging increments. Like i said though i am still testing.

GenLeo
06-23-06, 11:38 PM

There are some programs released that you can download that lets you edit the files. here is a site that offers the programs.
http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3sdk.htm
:arrgh!:

Warden
06-24-06, 03:37 AM
There are some programs released that you can download that lets you edit the files. here is a site that offers the programs.
http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3sdk.htm
:arrgh!:

Thanks GenLeo.