PDA

View Full Version : DW switch - how are the graphics?

Type941
09-17-05, 07:42 AM
how good are the graphics in sh3?

If there are community graphics mods for this game (like textures, particles, and of course new models) I would appriciate if someone could post some screenshots (imageshack). I am getting bored with SH3 because of the nonspecific non mission related career path. But the graphics in Sh3 suck me back in every time. I want to know at how well can DW be tuned up so that it looks modern and not like SubCommand with tweaks.

Molon Labe
09-17-05, 09:11 AM
how good are the graphics in sh3?

If there are community graphics mods for this game (like textures, particles, and of course new models) I would appriciate if someone could post some screenshots (imageshack). I am getting bored with SH3 because of the nonspecific non mission related career path. But the graphics in Sh3 suck me back in every time. I want to know at how well can DW be tuned up so that it looks modern and not like SubCommand with tweaks.

I think at a minimum, we can expect imports of the SCX models when DWX is released. To give you some idea, here's some links from Ramius' site:

http://www.dwx.ramius.co.uk/coppermine/thumbnails/album=5.html
http://www.dwx.ramius.co.uk/coppermine/cat=2.html

Type941
09-17-05, 11:46 AM
I see, for I have to say for a fairly modern game the graphics standard is not satisfactory at all. But I suppose it's not the point and dev team was all about realism and not so much visual environment modelling.

Molon Labe
09-17-05, 03:22 PM
I see, for I have to say for a fairly modern game the graphics standard is not satisfactory at all. But I suppose it's not the point and dev team was all about realism and not so much visual environment modelling.

Exactly. It's not like you ever really see anything in 3D anyways, you're watching displays the whole time.

Ghost Dog
09-17-05, 03:26 PM
man, i used to play Red Storm Rising on my Commodore 64. that was merely colored pixels moving around the screen, but I loved that game.

now....if somebody could just mod Janes Fleet Command with DW graphics i'd be a happy monkey.