PDA

View Full Version : How much can SH change?

Ula Jolly
08-04-05, 12:13 PM
Modding potencial?

This game is really MASSIVE. :D The shores... the ships.. everything.
But so far, there are only DKM submarines. I am sure this has been discussed earlier, and maybe the possibility has been denied, but is it not possible to modify the game to take on a whole new perspective? Perhaps commanding a Flower or Hunt? Or a Schnellboot, or a commerce raider?
I'm only dreaming. :arrgh!:

First I'd like to see a sub you could walk through - from aft torpedo room to fore. :yep:

sergbuto
08-04-05, 12:37 PM
I have been thinking about making a mod to drive, say, Bismarck. But this make sense only for multiplayer because in a single play mode, AI ships are only capable of following the assigned waypoints and can not take any initiative even during the gun battle.

Kafka
08-04-05, 12:41 PM
Modding potencial?

First I'd like to see a sub you could walk through - from aft torpedo room to fore. :yep:

Yes yes yes! Full interaction with the crew, if you catch a sailor asleep at the hydrophone, you should be able to walk right behind him and slap him upside the head! :lol:

CCIP
08-04-05, 12:52 PM
I don't think any of this is yet possible without an SDK. Although things like 3d models may eventually be possible to add, there is a lot in the game mechanics we probably can't change, because the source code and a number of other key components can't be altered.

Type941
08-04-05, 01:14 PM
I'd chose an ability to command other countries U-boats over the ability to command the Bismarck. For example, a Russian sub, in the end of the war in the Baltic, or some mideterranean subs. Sub against sub would be quite good fun. :)

sergbuto
08-04-05, 01:41 PM
I'd chose an ability to command other countries U-boats over the ability to command the Bismarck. For example, a Russian sub, in the end of the war in the Baltic, or some mideterranean subs. Sub against sub would be quite good fun. :)

To command the Bismarck mod would be just for fun, to get different kind of experience with SH3 engine. It can not be a very serious modification/transformation because quite a few things are not possible to do even in the case of another country sub.

THE_ORZEL
08-04-05, 02:46 PM
It is possible to have new separate player controlled subs for each country. Also it is possible to play SH3 from say Allies point of view. This works for single player and the same basic concept goes for surface ships.

I would have to test this in multiplayer and with two players been on a different side.

I know that for single player it works for multiplayer don’t know technically it has to do with campaign files and defside.cfg

Orzel a.k.a. Chris