PDA

View Full Version : Crew qualifications: more than one?

joea
07-16-05, 04:41 AM
I was just wondering if it would be possible to give more than one qualification at the end of a patrol. I am not sure it would be realsitc to have only one crew member go to "school," or am I wrong?

macstu23
07-16-05, 05:37 AM
I quit agree. I had a nasty encounter with two destroyers on my 17th patrol...sunk 'em both but lost 5 of my best torpedomen to flooding. Now I'm seriously short of skilled labour.
So I dont mind asking...How can we cheat and add more qualifications to our crews? I'm hoping it's a simple edit.

CCIP
07-16-05, 10:56 AM
Hmm... I wonder if the new SHIII commander can't do that. I haven't tried, to be honest - but it might be possible.

Observer
07-16-05, 12:57 PM
SH3 Commander can do this, and it can give multiple quals to Bootsmann. The way to give multiple quals is to "promote" a Stabsoberbootsmann with enough experience to Oberfähnrich zur See, give the extra qual, then "demote" them back to Stabsoberbootsmann.

jasonb885
07-16-05, 04:17 PM
SH3 Commander can do this, and it can give multiple quals to Bootsmann. The way to give multiple quals is to "promote" a Stabsoberbootsmann with enough experience to Oberfähnrich zur See, give the extra qual, then "demote" them back to Stabsoberbootsmann.

It was my understanding this had no effect on the game beyond looking visually pleasing?

Observer
07-16-05, 04:48 PM

It was my understanding this had no effect on the game beyond looking visually pleasing?

Could be. I haven't seen any benefit, but it does look cool!

August
07-16-05, 05:24 PM
It can be done fairly easily by manually editing the latest crew config save in your my documents folder.