PDA

View Full Version : LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2022 » DISCUSSION and SUPPORT

Pages : [1] 2

blueduck
04-27-22, 10:48 AM
In this thread we would like to provide support and help for LSH3-2022 Full-HD-Edition only.

Support for the LSH3-2020 version is still available in the corresponding thread here at Subsim.

Regards
Blueduck

GrenSo
04-27-22, 04:07 PM
Great news that the new version is available.

I think the next weekends and nights will be very, very long again.

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

brickvapie
04-27-22, 04:10 PM
Wow, I thought it wouldn't be finished.

Still downloading the finished project, but I still love it.

Thanks for your work and effort over the best 17 years, I know this is the final one (I think?) but still, thanks for all of your effort.

brickvapie

Bilge_Rat
04-28-22, 09:19 AM
very nice, much easier to instal! No need for Steam conversion or creating a custom resolution.

sandbox
04-28-22, 02:42 PM
Been playing lsh2020 for a while now, on my 12 patrol in late 42'
Saw this verison downloaded installed and on my first patro out . St. Nazaire . Love the interface and like where the depth under keel button is great mod

Bilge_Rat
04-29-22, 07:20 AM
very nice, had a chance to try out quickly. Love the easy installation and the full HD works great. I have a 2560x1080 ultrawide monitor, but see no stretching of the instruments in the control room. Graphics are phenomenal for such an ancient game. Great work!

So if I read the instructions correctly, the best way to have a stable, problem free experience in the campaign is just to instal the default game and not tweak any of the options other than what is included in JSGME?

quick question. In career mode, what is the quickest way to get into a type IX boat starting in 1939?

Rhodes
04-29-22, 01:23 PM
I am having a small problem.

I installed in my steam SH3 folder. Did not know if I made a mistake in the folders selection but the installation created a LSH3-2022 folder inside the Silent Hunter 3 folder. Is this right?
The problem: the game runs in a small window, with the resolution on a top bar.

https://i.ibb.co/FgSzDv7/LSH3.jpg (https://ibb.co/jgcDrK4)

blackswan40
04-29-22, 04:57 PM
Hi Rhodes you have a PM Sir :Kaleun_Salute:

Rhodes
04-29-22, 06:08 PM
Hi Rhodes you have a PM Sir :Kaleun_Salute:

Thank you; already replied! :Kaleun_Salute:

Rhodes
04-30-22, 11:22 AM
I am having a small problem.

I installed in my steam SH3 folder. Did not know if I made a mistake in the folders selection but the installation created a LSH3-2022 folder inside the Silent Hunter 3 folder. Is this right?
The problem: the game runs in a small window, with the resolution on a top bar.

https://i.ibb.co/FgSzDv7/LSH3.jpg (https://ibb.co/jgcDrK4)

Solved! :up:

murat124
05-01-22, 08:48 PM
Hello everyone.

Is it possible to post solutions to issues in this thread instead of PM?

That way all of us can benefit in case having the same issue.

Thank you

blackswan40
05-02-22, 02:51 AM
Hi murat124 is your SH3 install the steam version if so are you having same issue

Topo65
05-02-22, 07:23 AM
I have the Steam version, and I didn't have that problem.

But... I did have a CTD returning from the first training mission 02/08/39 to Stralsund harbor, after sinking the two practice targets. I think it was on completion of the 24 hour patrol. :hmmm:

murat124
05-02-22, 08:35 AM
Hi murat124 is your SH3 install the steam version if so are you having same issue

Hello blackswan,

My installations are UBI versions. But I was thinking about general support going forward. I do not have the same problem at this time.

Thank you

blackswan40
05-02-22, 09:57 AM
Hi murat124 I sent Rhodes a link to my SH3 install zipped folder from my media fire site the install worked fine for him but i dont post the link to my SH3 meadia fire download on the forums

murat124
05-02-22, 11:58 AM
Hi murat124 I sent Rhodes a link to my SH3 install zipped folder from my media fire site the install worked fine for him but i dont post the link to my SH3 meadia fire download on the forums

Understood, thank you for the explanation.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Kal_Maximus_U669
05-04-22, 07:45 AM
I find it really surprising the number of returns here...
So the game is perfect congratulations to the Urmel team..
I doubt since I have mounted it and have some problems..notament with the hydrophne..:D

FGamer1956
05-06-22, 09:33 AM
Ja, nicht schlecht, da sind noch einige Fehler versteckt und leider
durch HD nur für Laptops geeignet. Auf meinem 51"-Plasma sieht man
nicht viel. Schade !! Was richtig gut ist die Stopp-Uhr, die auch selbst
durch anklicken läuft ! Die hätte ich auch gern für meine CCoM-
Versionen.
Besonders stört mich der große Mond beim OLC-HD, da stimmen die Daten

nicht.
Veilleicht kann mir einer sagen, wie die Jonz-Uhr bei Euch geht und sendet mir
die Lösung, habs alleine nicht hingekriegt.

mfg

Kpt. Graubart
05-07-22, 12:20 AM
Ja, nicht schlecht, da sind noch einige Fehler versteckt und leider
durch HD nur für Laptops geeignet. Auf meinem 51"-Plasma sieht man
nicht viel. Schade !! Was richtig gut ist die Stopp-Uhr, die auch selbst
durch anklicken läuft ! Die hätte ich auch gern für meine CCoM-
Versionen.
Besonders stört mich der große Mond beim OLC-HD, da stimmen die Daten

nicht.
Veilleicht kann mir einer sagen, wie die Jonz-Uhr bei Euch geht und sendet mir
die Lösung, habs alleine nicht hingekriegt.

mfg

Kann die Aussag dass es nur für Laptops ist nicht bestätigen. Ich Spiele auf einem WQHD Display mit 27 Zoll und es paßt.

Its not for Laptops only, I use a WQHD 27" Monitor and its working fine.

FGamer1956
05-07-22, 02:44 AM
Kommt drauf an, wie weit man vorm Monitor sitzt. Auf einem anderen
Rechner mit 23" Monitor kann ich auch nur mit Brille die Anzeigen
unten links sehen, oder aber auch die Funkmeldungen in der mitte.
Ist ca. 50 cm entfernt. Leider sind die Instrumente nicht größer
geworden, die bleiben einfach alle klein. Platz genug wäre da.
Am schlimmsten ist jedoch der "Eraser", den sieht man gar nicht
mehr. Schade , schade.

mfg

Eremit
05-07-22, 05:19 AM
Eine zeitgemäßer hohe Auflösung lässt sich auf einem 17 Jahre alten Spiel eben nicht komklett anpassen. Viele der "kleinen" Textdarstellungen sind hardcoded. Da knnn man nichts machen.

Arnd Stuke
05-08-22, 07:12 AM
Hallo FGamer,
Du spielst doch schon jahrelang mit CCoM und dem angepassten Ahnenerbe.
Jetzt musst Du mir erklären, wo da die Schrift größer ist.
(Hello FGamers,
you've been playing with CCoM and the adapted Ahnenerbe for years. Now you have to explain to me where the writing is bigger.)

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1394&pictureid=12510

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1394&pictureid=12511

Ich habe Installationen mit CCoM, GWX und WAC, alle in FullHD - inzwischen auch LSH3.
Überall ist die Schrift gleich groß, weil viele der Textdarstellungen in der sh3.exe hardcoded sind und sich nicht verändern lassen. Wie der Eremit auch schon geschrieben hat.

(I have installations with CCoM, GWX and WAC, all in FullHD - now also LSH3. The font is the same size everywhere because many of the text representations in the sh3.exe are hardcoded and cannot be changed. As the Erermit already wrote.)

propbeanie
05-08-22, 05:01 PM
If you have pieces of the GUI missing, it might be your computer display resolution is not matched in Windows, and if you are using a WS mod that is of a higher resolution than what your display monitor can show, then you'll have pieces of the GUI cut off, either at the top/bottom, or left/right, or both. Kind of like "letter-boxing" a video on youtube. Be certain your display is correct for the WS mod, especially the ratio (like 5:4 or 16:9). :salute:

FGamer1956
05-08-22, 05:20 PM
Falsch, ich spiele alle Mods, jedoch nicht mit Ahnenerbe oder größer.
Rowi hat das auch nicht gemacht !! Übrigens... wenn die Texte und Schriften

hardcoded sind, warum findet man die denn in der de_menu.txt oder der menu_1024_768.ini ? Dann könnte man auch die Uhrzeit oder TC nicht verschieben. Ach Grafiken kann man ändern und ersetzen. Mit der Nase
am Monitor zu kleben, macht halt keinen Spaß. Aber wer`s braucht.
Ich bleib hauptsächlich bei CCoM, ist halt anspruchsvoller.

mfg

propbeanie
05-08-22, 07:36 PM
OK. I'm wrong. No biggie. CCOM it is then.

heisig1958
05-09-22, 02:19 AM
Solved! :up:

Hi Rhodes,
ich habe das gleiche Problem. Wie hast du es gelöst?
Gruß Ralf

Arnd Stuke
05-09-22, 01:42 PM
Falsch, ich spiele alle Mods, jedoch nicht mit Ahnenerbe oder größer.
Rowi hat das auch nicht gemacht !! Übrigens... wenn die Texte und Schriften

hardcoded sind, warum findet man die denn in der de_menu.txt oder der menu_1024_768.ini ? Dann könnte man auch die Uhrzeit oder TC nicht verschieben. Ach Grafiken kann man ändern und ersetzen. Mit der Nase
am Monitor zu kleben, macht halt keinen Spaß. Aber wer`s braucht.
Ich bleib hauptsächlich bei CCoM, ist halt anspruchsvoller.

mfg

Of course, as a demanding player you play without the WS-GUI :)

Robert/rowi only played without it because he only had a laptop with a 15-inch monitor and, despite his glasses, had poor vision.

If you play everything without FullHD, I wonder why you even spoke here. Or did you just want to stir things up a bit, like you've already done in other forums?

But who needs it :haha:

Arnd Stuke
05-09-22, 01:49 PM
I find it really surprising the number of returns here...
So the game is perfect congratulations to the Urmel team..
I doubt since I have mounted it and have some problems..notament with the hydrophne..:D

Hello Kal Maximus,

do you mean this problem?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1394&pictureid=12512

Kal_Maximus_U669
05-09-22, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=Arnd Stuke;2807844]Hello Kal Maximus,

do you mean this problem?

oui monsieur... :
Bonsoir Arnd Stuke j ai effectivement le problème citer.... ainsi que la camera qui bloc a ce moment...
mais il y a d autre chose dont je vous ferais part après...!!
salutation Kal_Maximus_U669

Jawohl... :
Guten Abend Arnd Stuke Ich habe eigentlich das Problem zu zitieren.... sowie die Kamera die in diesem Moment blockiert...
aber es gibt noch etwas anderes, das ich Ihnen später mitteilen werde ... !!
Gruß Kal_Maximus_U669 :salute:

Yes sir... :
Good evening Arnd Stuke I actually have the problem to quote.... as well as the camera which blocks at this moment...
but there is something else that I will share with you later...!!
greeting Kal_Maximus_U669 :salute:

Arnd Stuke
05-09-22, 02:39 PM
Bonsoir Kal Maximus.

le problème de l'hydrophone et quelques autres seront bientôt corrigés dans une mise à jour.

Si tu as trouvé d'autres problèmes, n'hésitez pas à me le faire savoir ou à blueduck.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Rhodes
05-10-22, 03:57 AM
Hi Rhodes,
ich habe das gleiche Problem. Wie hast du es gelöst?
Gruß Ralf

If I am thinking correct (I do not know german language, like speaking or reading like english), my problem was solved by using SH3 install zipped folder from blackswan40.
Ask him for the link, since I was using my steam version of the game as base for LSH installation and by some reason, I got that game window. :06:

heisig1958
05-10-22, 08:17 AM
If I am thinking correct (I do not know german language, like speaking or reading like english), my problem was solved by using SH3 install zipped folder from blackswan40.
Ask him for the link, since I was using my steam version of the game as base for LSH installation and by some reason, I got that game window. :06:

Danke für deine schnelle Antwort.:salute:

blackswan40
05-10-22, 09:36 AM
Hi heisig1958 you have a PM Sir :Kaleun_Salute:
At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own :Kaleun_Cheers:
blackswan40 LSH-2020-LSH-2022 Team Member

Kal_Maximus_U669
05-10-22, 10:07 AM
Personally I don't use a steam version...
I have the unprotected one...
to relate another fact... when I start a career when choosing equipment & crews and others everything is frozen I can't do anything...
there are also my HuD dials on the right ... some of which do not have a metal ring around the gauge..
well see you soon Team Urmel friends...
Greeting Kal Maximus U669 :salute:

Ich persönlich nutze keine Steam-Version...
Ich habe die ungeschützte...
Um eine andere Tatsache zu erzählen ... wenn ich eine Karriere beginne, bei der Auswahl von Ausrüstung und Besatzungen und anderem, ist alles eingefroren, ich kann nichts tun ...
Rechts sind auch meine HuD-Zifferblätter ... von denen einige keinen Metallring um die Anzeige haben.
bis bald Team Urmel Freunde...
Gruß Kal Maximus U669 :salute:

FGamer1956
05-10-22, 02:45 PM
Ja, stört der Störtebeker auch in diesem Forum, reicht dir dein eigenes
nicht oder brauchst du eine Pause vom Ossi ?
Ne, die Neugier war zu groß und ich wollte es probieren. Ich hatte mir mehr
davon versprochen. Doch trotz einiger Fehler sind auch einige gute Sachen dabei. Ich wäre ganz heiß auf die draggable Jonz-Uhr, die voll bedienbar
ist. Vileleicht klärst du mich auf, wie`s geht.

mfg

Arnd Stuke
05-11-22, 03:52 AM
Ja, stört der Störtebeker auch in diesem Forum, reicht dir dein eigenes
nicht oder brauchst du eine Pause vom Ossi ?
Ne, die Neugier war zu groß und ich wollte es probieren. Ich hatte mir mehr
davon versprochen. Doch trotz einiger Fehler sind auch einige gute Sachen dabei. Ich wäre ganz heiß auf die draggable Jonz-Uhr, die voll bedienbar
ist. Vileleicht klärst du mich auf, wie`s geht.

mfg

Unfortunately, just as I feared - still gossip and bull****. After DMP closed down, you're up to mischief here.

And I don't need to explain anything to an expert like you.

And I won't reply to any more nonsense from you.

Arnd Stuke
05-11-22, 04:00 AM
Personally I don't use a steam version...
I have the unprotected one...
to relate another fact... when I start a career when choosing equipment & crews and others everything is frozen I can't do anything...
there are also my HuD dials on the right ... some of which do not have a metal ring around the gauge..
well see you soon Team Urmel friends...

Ich persönlich nutze keine Steam-Version...
Ich habe die ungeschützte...
Um eine andere Tatsache zu erzählen ... wenn ich eine Karriere beginne, bei der Auswahl von Ausrüstung und Besatzungen und anderem, ist alles eingefroren, ich kann nichts tun ...
Rechts sind auch meine HuD-Zifferblätter ... von denen einige keinen Metallring um die Anzeige haben.
bis bald Team Urmel Freunde...
Gruß Kal Maximus U669 :salute:

Bonjour Kal Maximus

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1394&pictureid=12511

si tu cliques d'abord sur "U-Boot/All" dans le coin supérieur gauche, tu peut ensuite sélectionner tout ce qui est disponible à ce moment-là.

FGamer1956
05-11-22, 05:00 AM
@Arno..
Ich war hier schon, bevor DMP existierte. Ich habe hier sachlich
gepostet und dich nicht angegangen. Was soll das?

Beantworte einfach nur sachlich meine Anfrage, ansonsten halt dir Fr.... !
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon8.png

@ alle NOTIZBLOCK / Bloc notes
change under data/Menu/menu_1024_768.ini

[G33 i2]
Pos=738,767,286,286 to
Pos=1600,1017,286,286

---------------------------------

@ alle GREAT MOON / night_filter

_LSH3-2022_GUI_OLC-FHD

change under data/Menu/menu_1024_768.ini
Pos=0,1080,1920,1032 to
Pos=30,1060,128,128

also Bloc notes too..

be shure to deactivated in MOD-Enable the MOD`s

mfg

heisig1958
05-11-22, 07:30 AM
Hi heisig1958 you have a PM Sir :Kaleun_Salute:
At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own :Kaleun_Cheers:
blackswan40 LSH-2020-LSH-2022 Team Member

Sir, yes Sir,
THX for help:Kaleun_Salute:

btruwo
05-12-22, 06:57 AM
Thank you for keeping upgrading this great mod.
Is full screen mode mandatory? My monitor resolution is 2560x1440, so windows mode suits me well. I've tried borderless gaming 9.5.6 to force the game running on windows mode, but it doesn't work.

Anvar1061
05-16-22, 11:58 AM
LSH3 2020 Crew On Deck Addon
relevant for version 22 should be renamed _LSH3-2020-COMMANDER →_LSH3-2022-COMMANDER
https://sun9-42.userapi.com/s/v1/ig2/NY-FXyTeMPk9ppYkA8Rz5Ns5XdgyscMefreXxuCfNx47pq-tgu679NzHB3VbjUGV_VAF4FNVbS45ih8wbhUtMTbZ.jpg?size =1024x768&quality=95&type=album
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2778444&postcount=1

Levyathan89
05-18-22, 03:08 PM

I had the same problem but then I realized that nothing is frozen and you can in fact click on everything, you just have to find the exact "clickable" spot that isn't always directly on the respective equipment's icon, but very slightly above or to the left/right.

Kal_Maximus_U669
05-18-22, 04:15 PM
I had the same problem but then I realized that nothing is frozen and you can in fact click on everything, you just have to find the exact "clickable" spot that isn't always directly on the respective equipment's icon, but very slightly above or to the left/right.

Hello Levyathan89 :D
Yes I haven't watched yet.... I thank blackswan40 for the game..:Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Salute:
I'm a little busy right now.. but I'll get back to it..
love your youtube videos...:up:
thank you for your advice see you soon

Archive1
05-25-22, 12:03 AM
Have uploaded 2022 and things are working fine.
May I make a suggestion for the older guys here?
1.The tiny dot that stands for Erase is terribly hard to see and I have gotten into some trouble when I have missed it or could not find it. Would if be very difficult to make it Bold or a bit larger?
2.And maybe it would be nice if the X marks were in green, or blue. I have no wish to turn this into some arcade game (I've been with this SH# program from its very beginning) but as age advances...
3. Finally I find the faint red messages in the box at the bottom of the nav screen very difficult to read, and actually the grey messages are not as prominent as they might be.
Yeah, I know, just an ancient mariner, but maybe others have had the same difficulty. And I believe in my programming experience these graphic changes would not really be difficult or screw up the major programming. No?
It is rewarding to see that guy on the left, still walking at about 12 feet off the dock while I wait for the inner gates to open to exit W'Haven.
Archive1:Kaleun_Cheers:

Comrade K
05-26-22, 11:59 AM
Hello I have some questions

1. Can the lsh 2020 fifi enhancements mod be used on the living silent hunter 2022?

2. Is there a way to change the emblem or emblem on the uboat outside of the one provided?

Fritz Klum
05-26-22, 04:05 PM
Hello, I have a question regarding LSH3 2022 - is it possible to set the game to run in 1440p resolution instead of the default 1080p? I.E, run the game in 2560x1440 resolution instead of 1920x1080? I've tried editing the d3d9.ini file to change the resolution, but then the screen is off-center.

can anyone help? :hmmm:

blueduck
06-02-22, 12:46 PM
Hi Fritz,

editing d3d9.ini will not help.
A new d3d9.dll will be necessary which expands the adressable screen size.
But then there will be a lot of empty space around the FHD area.
If this DLL "just" scales the FHD screen it would be done by this.

Regards
Blueduck

Archive1
06-04-22, 11:00 PM
Where in the Data file can I find the "erase" dot? I would like to modify it to a bold or vibrant color to better find it. MY old eyes cannot find it when I need and have screwed up a few times because of this. I believe it can be edited in the Paint program (which I have) true?
Archive1

FGamer1956
06-05-22, 07:55 AM
@Archive1
I hope you have the older version V2015...
Go to SilentHunterIII/data/Menu... and copy "MouseCurs" into the same
place in V2020. Ready.
Do it when in Harbor !!

mfghttps://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon7.png

Aktungbby
06-05-22, 12:24 PM
FGamer1956!:Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
06-05-22, 11:49 PM
FGamer1956
Nope. Working with 2022 version in which the "dot' has become almost invisible and frequently just disappears when moved across the nav screen. At least to me.
I will look at the SHIII/data/menu file and see what I can do. It seems to me that just editing it in the Paint program would be adequate, but then...
Appreciate the reply.
Will get back.
Archive1

Archive1
06-06-22, 12:01 AM
FGamer1956
Nope - that image is of the 'eraser' icon in the screen heading of choices, not the tiny movable dot that is the active deletion device on the screen where you actually delete stuff when clicked. That dot must exist somewhere in the Data file and be edited via the Paint program to become Bold or Bright Red or larger or sumpin'.
Someone among the recent upgrade editors must know where it resides. Hello?
Archive1

Comrade K
06-06-22, 12:12 AM
is it possible to change the emblem on the submarine outside of the one provided by LSH 2022? . I'm a bit bored with only being able to choose one emblem

Archive1
06-06-22, 10:03 PM
One additional thing I would like to do is change the bland Loading screen with something more submariner like this attachment as an INTRO.JPG.
I have not done this type of attachment before so I have no idea if it loaded or not. It does fill the screen with LSH3 2020, but LSHS 2022 does not load it . Any assistance?
Archive1

stork100
06-06-22, 10:42 PM
One additional thing I would like to do is change the bland Loading screen with something more submariner like this attachment as an INTRO.JPG.
I have not done this type of attachment before so I have no idea if it loaded or not. It does fill the screen with LSH3 2020, but LSHS 2022 does not load it . Any assistance?
Archive1

If I understand correctly the problem is the file type needs to be tga, not jpg. Rename the file to Intro.tga and place in the following path inside the main game folder: data/Menu/Loading. Make a backup of the existing one if you don't want to lose it. Or use JSGME if you're familiar with that application. Hope it helps.

ReallyDedPoet
06-08-22, 06:41 AM
Fired this up last night for the first time, very nice :yep: Looking forward to stretching its legs in the days ahead :)

Archive1
06-08-22, 11:28 PM
Stork100:
Thanks, but even with a *.jpg extension the image will not open. Even if I copy and paste the image from LSH32020 (where it does open quite well) I get just a black screen with a red Load ribbon across the bottom in 2022. It does not seem to matter what extension the image has...it will not display. Not a world catastrophe but it is a bit irritating.

Actually my bigger problem is seeing (I mean actually able to see) the tiny dot used as an active 'eraser' on the nav screen. This is a major problem and has resulted in multiple episodes of losing the dot and getting into trouble. I do not think I am alone in this as the world ages. I cannot find the line of code in Data (or elsewhere) that would permit a simple change to Bold or Red or sumpin'. This would not be some complex coding requirement.

In any case, thank you.
Archive1 :k_confused:

stork100
06-09-22, 12:16 AM
You're welcome. I see now that I didn't word my previous post particularly well. When I said rename the file I should have said save it as a tga using an appropriate art program if available. The game will only run a tga I believe. It could well be something special going on with the 2022 edition of LSH as you've suggested. Maybe someone with more LSH knowledge could chime in...

:salute:

Archive1
06-09-22, 06:52 PM
Stork:
No, I got it and have saved the image as a *.TGA file using the same Paint program that LSH3 uses. But no joy.
Thanks anyway.
Archive1

Archive1
06-09-22, 06:56 PM
Stork: ARRRRGH! Have tried using both TGA and JPG file forms, but neither works. Archive1

Archive1
06-09-22, 07:46 PM
Stork:
GOT IT TO WORK!
Yes, need to use a .tga image - and the Paint.net program.
Save as .tga (also called the PaintNet image) from the Paint net program.
But must have correct size: width 14.3 and height 11.25 inches.
Goto data/Menu/Loading/Open/...and load the new opening screen as Intro. Rename the original Intro as Intro_orig.
Done.
I will try to append the image I am using. Have no idea where or how I got it so I cannot credit the originator. In any case it not my design. Somewhere out there is someone to credit and will do so if he/she contacts me.
And keep in mind this is a jpg version, not a tga version so it will need to be converted before inserting it into the data file.
Whew.
Archive1:Kaleun_Cheers:

stork100
06-09-22, 08:04 PM
Congrats on getting it sorted!

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Andreius333
06-10-22, 02:21 AM
I am having a problem with the LSH 2022 edition where every time i try to load a save of a patrol already started it either crashes the game or it loads but its stuck with the "to the absent friends" screen, this didnt happen in the first training patrol
Is there any solution or do i have to play every patrol in one go?

Archive1
06-12-22, 12:14 AM
Anyone:
First patrol. On 7Sept39 at 12:06 there is reported a small convoy 90 degrees from Loch Ewe,Scotland in the middle of the land. Probably not something the Brits could accomplish.
Maybe a small item to clean up. :up:
Archive1

Archive1
06-12-22, 12:20 AM
Andreius333
Maybe you need to select the Save and Exit option when you want to leave in the middle of an active patrol. If you merely exit you lose the patrol and start over in the next one.
I had the same problem. With save and exit give the exited patrol some identifying label - like "Miss1 A" meaning first patrol, first exit. Then it will load the next time you start the game.
I think I'm right here.
Archive1 :yeah:

Mad Mardigan
06-12-22, 09:23 AM
I am having a problem with the LSH 2022 edition where every time i try to load a save of a patrol already started it either crashes the game or it loads but its stuck with the "to the absent friends" screen, this didnt happen in the first training patrol
Is there any solution or do i have to play every patrol in one go?

No, does not mean you have to play all patrols in 1 sitting... unless you know you got the time to do so, then if you feel like it, you can... then by all means, go for it. Otherwise...

In this... would suggest:

1. Begin backtrack reloading saves prior to that 1 giving you fits... until finding 1 that successfully. After finding that magix bullet... proceed to progress... yet again, once more forward on your career.

What it sounds like here... is that your save (the 1 giving you fits) was done, under certain... conditions which will... inadvertently... cause CTD's or... save file corruption.

Never save, in the following... conditions/instances, to avoid adding to causes for CTD's or game save file corruption:

1. NEVER save your progress... submerged. Always be surfaced.

2. NEVER save while in Bridge view mode... rather instead, save while either in the command room or at the nav map.

3. NEVER save, right after you've made contact with any # of ships, be it... a single contact, a convoy or... in those rare instances, a task force.

4. Just as with # 3, NEVER save... right after sinking a ship or in the case of a convoy/task force. Best advice... get as far away from the area... preferably 20nm at minimum. & then follow up with the golden rule save point procedures... listed below the what NOT to do section. :yep: :shucks:

5. As with # 4, NEVER save, after downing an aircraft or several of them. (Though, I will admit :hmmm: ... with this 1, it may be... a weeeeee less problematic, that say, a ship or ships, is. But... rather than risk it, just avoid saving... in the off chance you have to duke it out with aaannnyyyy aircraft, at all. :yep:)

6. NEVER save, after coming out of high Time Compression usage.

7. NEVER save near land or in shallow sea areas. Always go for at minimum, 20nm away from land, just as with sunk ship/s-aircraft... at least.

8. NEVER save, in the middle of repairs... or much less crew healing up, either.

9. Shouldn't have to be said, but... NEVER save in the middle of torp transfers... either. (I, only mention this in passing... but had what I believe to be a very rare... incredibly rare instance, as I've not seen anything about it... but... I did this once, &.. on reload of the save... that torp, instead of being loaded up from ext. stores... instead of being shoved back into ext. stores... simply... disappeared, as if it had sailed off, into the... Bermuda Triangle. :06: :doh: :o

Did a back up to a previous save & had it back... so no big sweat. Was 1 I had done prior to needing to pull in torps from external storage... & well after a battle with a mid sized convoy... &... after I had to wait for better weather to be able to do the transfer of fish from ext. to internal. So, was easily correctable.)

Now, when you know you're in the clear... no signs of contacts at all in the area... double check, by... submerging to periscope depth... no motors at all.. do a quick sound check... yourself... don't just rely on ol' Hanz, to do that at the sonar station... :yep: ensure there are no contacts any where nearby... then, pop scope, run a visual check to ensure no aircraft are about... then surface...

once back up on top... again, making sure your clear of land, not in shallow waters... no sunk ships or aircraft shot down... none of those other things ongoing... then, you are as safe as possible to then, save... so you can exit.

And, 1 last NEVER....

NEVER, EVER... overwrite a previous, or older save.... did I mention.... EVER.!

Hope this helps... as always. :shucks: :yep: :up:

M. M.

Andreius333
06-12-22, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the advices, i maybe was uncareful in my first saves and i will follow these rules, anyway i just reinstalled the game and started a new career and now it works

Mad Mardigan
06-12-22, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the advices, i maybe was uncareful in my first saves and i will follow these rules, anyway i just reinstalled the game and started a new career and now it works

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.! :arrgh!:

M. M.

Kal_Maximus_U669
06-14-22, 04:48 PM

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.! :arrgh!:

M. M.

Good evening Mad Mardigan :salute:
my best greetings.. have you already apprehended the mod
what can i say thanks..
See you soon Kal Maximus U669 :Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
06-16-22, 10:42 PM
Andreius333:
You just received an answer from one of the established masters. Far better than my reply. The important thing here is, if you have a problem you will get an answer - maybe not the best, but you will not be left hanging. We all try to assist one another. A good crew.

Wonderful to see Mad Mardigan and Karl Maximus again. I've been away for a good while but am back. Good to see old "shipmates" as it were.
Archive1

Rickster1
06-18-22, 11:03 AM
As the title says, have installed the mod and im enjoying it after a few years not playing sh3 as im laid up in bed and one animation im missing is the observation periscope going up and down that you can see in the control room , is that not in it?

Archive1
06-19-22, 11:32 PM
Rickster1:
Nope. As far as I know (as a user not developer) only the attack scope is in the control room. The observation scope is only available with the Ins/O (up) or Del/O (down) commands - then it appears on the screen in a usable fashion.
Sorry. Hope this helps. Take care of yourself.
Archive1

Mad Mardigan
06-20-22, 03:51 AM
Rickster1:
Nope. As far as I know (as a user not developer) only the attack scope is in the control room. The observation scope is only available with the Ins/O (up) or Del/O (down) commands - then it appears on the screen in a usable fashion.
Sorry. Hope this helps. Take care of yourself.
Archive1

Believe it is... the attack scope that is in the conning tower, the observation scope is the 1, that is in the control room.

Observation scope controls: Insert key = Up, Delete key = down Ctrl+Insert = auto up, Ctrl+Delete = Auto down.

If I am remembering all that, correctly... :hmmm:

M. M.

Rickster1
06-20-22, 05:55 AM
Thanks, ive tried the ins keys ect and doesnt work for me. Its not really a problem as this is a great mod, I would have prefered flac monkeys interior and the up down mod for the periscope but they are only small issues as i said this is such a good mod anyway,

Archive1
06-22-22, 12:55 AM
Rickster1:
I went to the program and when at the observer scope in the control tower t he following keys do seem to work.
Ins+page up = up scope incrementally and Del +Page down = down scope bit by bit
Full up or full down is: Ctrl + Ins = full up and Ctrl + del = full down.
They do seem to work for me.
Try again. If at first ...
Hang in there - from an old guy who's had some trouble too.
Archive1:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
06-22-22, 10:56 PM
Is there any free camera option for moving around the radio room? One can get into the sonar room and move around, but not the radio room - as far as I can tell. Any ideas anyone?
Archive1

Mad Mardigan
06-22-22, 11:02 PM
Is there any free camera option for moving around the radio room? One can get into the sonar room and move around, but not the radio room - as far as I can tell. Any ideas anyone?
Archive1

Have used shift+F2 to go into free cam roaming... & think that should work here... I'd imagine.

Of course, I could be mistaken.

Hopefully that can be conformed or refuted... by someone with more info on this from the LSH3 team.

M. M.

Archive1
06-23-22, 10:41 PM
Mad Mard:
Well, yes, Shft +F2 gets you to a roaming camera in the control room, or Ctrl +F2 gets you to roam the Aft section, nada gets you to roam the radio room.
F9 gets you to a position standing outside the divider 'tween the radio room and the sonar room, but you cannot actually enter the radio room. Although you can get into the sonar room (to control the sonar scan control).
Not a critical thing, but just an observation. Alas, I'm always frustrated by inconsistencies. Still, a good program.:)

Deputy
06-26-22, 01:28 AM
First off, I would like to thank the creators of LSH3 for making it available. After trying every way imaginable to get SH3 working in Win 10, LSH3 was the only option that worked. And I'm sure glad it did. :up:

Now I have a quick question:
I have a mod I used to use called "Wolfies Tweek Pack". You can pick items like Type IX torps to use any time during the war. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it working in LSH3. I have it enabled in generic mod enabler. But when I make a change using the Tweek Sub, it doesn't show up in my career sub. For instance, I wanted to install Type IX torps in my Type 7B sub I am using. But when I go into the game, I still have only Type 1-2 torps available. Is this mod not compatible with LSH3 or am I screwing it up somewhere? :hmmm:
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dep
P.S. One last thing...is there somewhere I can kick in via PayPal to the developers and creators?

Anvar1061
06-26-22, 01:55 AM
"Wolfies Tweek Pack"
Is this mod not compatible with LSH3 or am I screwing it up somewhere?

Maybe because of the name difference:
"SilentHunter3"
"LSH3-2022
https://sun9-north.userapi.com/sun9-80/s/v1/ig2/AzDBUR4k3IVVJiRtlLSjwZUQ3kKAyMtbW2dLAFXkr69VpQaxuh FOKNnFuSJSIIPJ8ZuuT1NxO9KWpmyyIu5UzWJ_.jpg?size=46 7x174&quality=95&type=album"

Deputy
06-27-22, 12:39 PM
Maybe because of the name difference:
"SilentHunter3"
"LSH3-2022
https://sun9-north.userapi.com/sun9-80/s/v1/ig2/AzDBUR4k3IVVJiRtlLSjwZUQ3kKAyMtbW2dLAFXkr69VpQaxuh FOKNnFuSJSIIPJ8ZuuT1NxO9KWpmyyIu5UzWJ_.jpg?size=46 7x174&quality=95&type=album"

Hmmm...maybe. I will fiddle around and see what happens. Thanks for the idea!

Dep

wannop
06-28-22, 09:05 AM
hi im playing version 22 i cannot see new uboats to buy in the game i have loads of renown can some explain to me what im missing i cant even see sub to buy at career start

blackswan40
06-28-22, 09:42 AM
Hi Wannop a warm welcome to Subsim Sir are you playing LSH2020 with the Commander Mod if so have you got the real Uboat availabilty date box checked if so thats why cant buy a new Uboat.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1230&pictureid=12610

wannop
06-28-22, 10:12 AM
thanks for reply no its the 2022 version i cant see any sub at all in the box to buy

blackswan40
06-28-22, 10:29 AM
thanks for reply no its the 2022 version i cant see any sub at all in the box to buy

Whats your wardate in your Campaign

The instructions pulled from LSH2022 that me and the rest of the LSH2022 team worked on.
If your using the commander mod with real Uboat availability dates checked when you get to the uboat upgrade screen in the LSH2022 you cant upgrade due to new uboats not available at that war date of your campaign

you can't have what you have turned off or nulified or if the Uboat isn't avaible at that time screenshot Uboat availability dates from LSH2022 manual below

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12611

wannop
06-28-22, 10:46 AM
im starting at war start in 7th flotilla and i cant see type IIA or any other

blackswan40
06-28-22, 11:00 AM
If your starting Aug-39 or Sept-39 your first patrol you don't have a flotilla until you get back to port then you can transfer to a flotilla of your own choosing.

7th Flotilla dont have type II's only 1st Flotilla have type IIs historicaly accrurate the uboat availability date screenshot if you want a type type II at war start then you have to choose 1st Flotilla by the way First Flotilla is second to none :Kaleun_Salute:

Deputy
06-29-22, 01:17 PM
Blackswan40: Is there any way to edit the torpedos? I want to change the availability dates of some of the torps. Seems like Wolfies Tweek Pack doesn't have any effect. :)

Jeff-Groves
06-29-22, 01:33 PM
Open Basic.cfg in Notepad (Or any text editing program)
Search for Torpedo_Type
You'll land right at the section you need.

Then change the dates as you please.

[TORPEDO_TYPE0];T I (G7a)
Idx=0
Year=1939
Month=1
Renown=0

[TORPEDO_TYPE1];T I FaT I (G7a)
Idx=1
Year=1942
Month=10
PrototypeYear=1941
PrototypeMonth=5
Renown=100

[TORPEDO_TYPE2];T II (G7e)
Idx=2
Year=1939
Month=1
Renown=0

[TORPEDO_TYPE3];T III (G7e)
Idx=3
Year=1942
Month=6
PrototypeYear=1941
PrototypeMonth=5
Renown=0

[TORPEDO_TYPE4];T III FaT II (G7e)
Idx=4
Year=1943
Month=3
PrototypeYear=1942
PrototypeMonth=9
Renown=250

[TORPEDO_TYPE5];T IV (G7es) - Falke
Idx=5
Year=1943
Month=7
PrototypeYear=1942
PrototypeMonth=11
Renown=500

[TORPEDO_TYPE6];T V (G7es) – Zaunkönig I
Idx=6
Year=1943
Month=10
PrototypeYear=1943
PrototypeMonth=1
Renown=800

[TORPEDO_TYPE7];T I LuT I (G7a)
Idx=7
Year=1944
Month=3
PrototypeYear=1944
PrototypeMonth=3
Renown=350

[TORPEDO_TYPE8];T III LuT II (G7e)
Idx=8
Year=1944
Month=9
PrototypeYear=1944
PrototypeMonth=9
Renown=450

[TORPEDO_TYPE9];T XI (G7es) – Zaunkönig II
Idx=9
Year=1944
Month=7
PrototypeYear=1943
PrototypeMonth=11
Renown=1000

[TORPEDO_TYPE10]; T VII - Steinbarsch Walter (G7ut)
Idx=10
Year=1944
Month=5
PrototypeYear=1943
PrototypMonth=12
Renown=500

Deputy
06-29-22, 04:05 PM
Open Basic.cfg in Notepad (Or any text editing program)
Search for Torpedo_Type
You'll land right at the section you need.

Then change the dates as you please.

Nope. Tried that. Doesn't seem to work. Must be something in LSH that prevents it from happening.

propbeanie
06-29-22, 08:20 PM
Nope. Tried that. Doesn't seem to work. Must be something in LSH that prevents it from happening.
You might have to clear the Save folder, or edit that data directly in the Save folder for it to "take".

Deputy
06-29-22, 08:44 PM
You might have to clear the Save folder, or edit that data directly in the Save folder for it to "take".

Thanks! I'll give that a try! :up:

Maddin25
07-08-22, 05:08 AM

You have to swap to Flotilla "Erprobungsstelle". Only there you can buy a new boat. Then you have to do a short "test patrol". Afterwards you can swap back to 7th flotilla with the new boat.
This shall simulate commissioning and crew introduction for new boat types.

IamSparticles
07-10-22, 06:33 PM
Hi I downloaded and installed LSH3 2022 and I'm having the same problem that Rhodes (on the first page of this thread) had. It's launching in a 1024x768 resolution window. I also have the original game in my Steam library. I used to have the original CD but lost it years ago (besides which I don't even have an optical drive in my PC anymore). It doesn't look like anyone really offered a solution other than downloading a shared install, so I'm kind of stuck unless someone has since figured out the problem.

Aktungbby
07-10-22, 07:45 PM
IamSpecticles!:Kaleun_Salute:

Mad Mardigan
07-10-22, 08:28 PM

IamSpecticles! :Kaleun_Salute:

blackswan40
07-11-22, 12:04 AM
Hi Iamsparticles Welcome to Subsim you have a PM Sir that should help you get squared away

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own :Kaleun_Salute:

IamSparticles
07-11-22, 10:25 AM
Hi Iamsparticles Welcome to Subsim you have a PM Sir that should help you get squared away

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own :Kaleun_Salute:

Thanks, blackswan for sorting me out! Same solution as Rhodes for anyone that's curious.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome! I've actually been a lurker for a while :Kaleun_Salute:

Sangamon Taylor
07-15-22, 12:23 PM
Are there any modeled in this mod?

PaladinSL
07-17-22, 12:54 PM
So I am having an issue, I completed the initial training sortie, sank the targets, got the 24hr patrol time, returned before the requested time from command.

And now cannot transfer to another fleet, I get a prompt that says "Changed to base: Null" or something to that effect, which I cannot click out of and have to Ctrl+alt+delete the game.

I read the manual and it said something about returning early, so I ran the training sortie again (which just had me go, patrol 24hrs and return, no targets this time) and again, base:null no matter which fleet I try to swap to.

Aktungbby
07-17-22, 02:19 PM
PaladinSL!:Kaleun_Salute:

Mad Mardigan
07-17-22, 04:21 PM
So I am having an issue, I completed the initial training sortie, sank the targets, got the 24hr patrol time, returned before the requested time from command.

And now cannot transfer to another fleet, I get a prompt that says "Changed to base: Null" or something to that effect, which I cannot click out of and have to Ctrl+alt+delete the game.

I read the manual and it said something about returning early, so I ran the training sortie again (which just had me go, patrol 24hrs and return, no targets this time) and again, base:null no matter which fleet I try to swap to.

PaladinSL!

Now... with that out of the way... on to your... conundrum, shall we... :hmmm:

To tranfer, you have to click on the phone on the desk (by selecting that self same desk, by the way... :yep:), in office... that sits right in front of the map.

After clicking it... it'll open up to a menu, & should list the flotilla you are supposed to request a transfer... select that one... & click just above the listing of flotilla's (where it reads...) "Apply for Tranfer" (which should, on selecting the flotilla to trafer to, now light up aka be high lit when you mouse over those words there... :yep:

If, you are doing that... & still NOT having the ability to tranfer, occur... then...

have to seriously ask.... did you... dink about, with making changes to your sub, BEFORE sailing out, to complete that training cruise...????

Cause, if you did... it can dink up the game save info, as well as possibly, interfere with... transferring... :hmmm:

Hope this helps... :shucks:

M. M.

U-190
07-22-22, 07:33 AM
Great news:up:

U-snafu
08-01-22, 07:33 PM
Hello,

Wanted to say--returning again to this great sim after a few years-and gotta give a shout out to the developers of this. After trying to get SH3 going again for a few days with different issues--installing this was simple, quick, and working fine. Always had played with the other super mods and this is my first venture into LSH---and so far--:yeah:--wow.

I do have 1 small issue--the gramophone is not working. Installed sh3 on steam, ran it once, then did the install of this how the manual details. Installed fine--fired up fine. Did the naval academy tutorials, then started the first test patrol and transferred to the fleet all according to how its described in manual and whats been said here--no issues---except--on all of the times (tuts, test patrol, and now at first patrol) the gramophone does not work--fiddled with sound settings--nada--none of the buttons light up-no music--all of the other in game sounds are fine. (even when i go 1st person on the radioman--can see the gram spinning when i turn it on but no sound.

am I missing something simple--does LSH have a gram file? do i need to download & activate one? only mods add-ons i installed were the ATM green water and the bigger explosions that come with this and I activated in the embedded JSGM of LSH. I also have been using the SH3 commander embedded in LSH and using that to start game (but i left all the options in commander as is--like the manual stated).

Anyone one have any suggestions or can help?

Regards,
Snafu

Archive1
08-13-22, 12:50 AM
Snafu:
As I recall I had the same complaint, I think the Data/Sound/Gramaphone is empty of any music. Install some OGG format sound file into your LSH3 D/S/G folder. And try again. I just tried to attach an OGG sound file to this message but it wouldn't attach. It said it was an "Invalid File" - huh. They all play very well for me, I have a bunch of 1940s stuff German, French, British and USA popular sound files that I can upload to you via a PM or via a standard email if you wish.
Archive1

Orffen
08-22-22, 07:39 PM
Are there any modeled in this mod?

Snorkel weather limitations are handled through HSIE options selector and can be turned on in there, then applied through JSGME. :up:

Is there any way to get a stopwatch on the map screen? It doesn't look like there's one available.

I also noticed that the diesel exhaust has an odd looking motion where it falls sharply to the ocean surface and then "bounces" back upwards - is that intentional?

Knutte
08-23-22, 10:06 AM
I love the return of LSH!

I only thing I would love is to have an additional camoflague for my sub, since the modded textures are lovely but a little more is always welcome but I am not sure how to do it
Any help would be greatly appreciated!´

Also is it me or does LSH seem a little easy ? I am currently in March 1940 and I can just bully a convoy with immunity

rainbowjose
08-26-22, 05:23 PM
Didn't find an option to remove idiotic games with dock gates. Absolutely moronic decision of the developers.

FUBAR295
08-26-22, 08:21 PM
Didn't find an option to remove idiotic games with dock gates. Absolutely moronic decision of the developers.

If you use SH3 Commander you can select to "Start at sea" and avoid those locks. :yep:

JuanLiquid
08-27-22, 02:16 AM
Hello!

Thanks for LSH2022. There is a small bug in the installer that it doesn't recognize a legal SH3 installation (purchased 10 years ago or more from Ubisoft website) if it's installed in C:\SH3\. I had to create a copy of the folder and name it C:\SilentHunterIII\

The big problem I see with this mod is the nights. They are too lit, they seems an afternoon instead a night (tested on Mediterranean, new campaign, 1942, 3.00AM). Is any way to fix this?

bedros
08-28-22, 11:22 AM
Hi to everybody, first of all thanks for this spectacular mod, I'm wondering how Wolfpack works because I've noticed that when activated some subs spawns near convoy position but they are stuck there and doesn't move; it's a problem for my version or it works this way?

Aktungbby
08-28-22, 11:47 AM
bedros!:Kaleun_Salute: you should ask in the Wolfpack forum; this is an SH III thread. :hmmm:

propbeanie
08-28-22, 01:28 PM
Hi to everybody, first of all thanks for this spectacular mod, I'm wondering how Wolfpack works because I've noticed that when activated some subs spawns near convoy position but they are stuck there and doesn't move; it's a problem for my version or it works this way?
Now bedros, it is the old "Pay no attention to the old man behind the curtain" routine... lol - you are not supposed to notice the set of the stage, only the illusion from your own submarine! lol - the wolfpack subs in LSH do not move - they have plenty of targets where they sit! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubIpoPjBUds

:yeah:

bedros
08-28-22, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the answer, do you confirm that they doesn't run away when engaged by destroyers?😅

propbeanie
08-28-22, 02:57 PM
Yes, I can confirm that they are stationary, though I am not one of the LSH team members, just that I have observed the same behavior in my install. Perhaps one of the team members will happen along, and they might say "What? That isn't supposed to happen!" and will have a fix... I have not looked into how they built their AI subs for the wolfpacks, but most of the mods do not have moving submerged subs. Maybe we'll hear from someone who does have them. In SH4, there are four mods that have moving submerged subs, OpMonsun, Dark Waters, FotRSU and TMO_BH. Perhaps the same can be made to function in SH3? There are differences in the US Pacific subs, since they are built differently from the German versions and can shoot torpedoes, though not very accurately... :roll:

bedros
08-28-22, 04:21 PM
Thank you prop, anyway there is another Wolfpack mod with Moving subs, but I don't know if it works with gwx or lsh, I'll try.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206353&page=5

bedros
08-29-22, 02:05 PM
Hi to everyone, I'm playing LSH3 2022, I'm having problem when I select 30th flotilla, instead to start in costanza my sub start in 0;0 coordinates (gulf of new guinea).
Someone can help me edit correct coordinates for black sea?

blueduck
08-29-22, 02:41 PM
Well guys,

the wolfpack function and the required subs are originally made by h.sie and have not been changed by LSH3.

Hi to everyone, I'm playing LSH3 2022, I'm having problem when I select 30th flotilla, instead to start in costanza my sub start in 0;0 coordinates (gulf of new guinea).

Hi bedros,

as Mad Mardigan wrote a few posts before (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2818512&postcount=102)
never change any equipment before you have finished the first patrol!
That will definitely get you to the equator!

Regards
Blueduck

bedros
08-29-22, 02:51 PM
Yes I know, but it doesn't work neither with new campaign instead the Asian flotilla does, the problem must be something else.

Archive1
08-29-22, 10:53 PM
U-snafu:
My error. Actually OGG sound files do not work in LSG3-2022 for the Gramaphone. As far as I can tell nothing works. My 1939-45 period OGG sound files work perfectly in last version of LSH3, but not in the latest release.
Can one of the program active design people weigh in on this problem - why the Gramaphone is non-functional?

bedros
08-30-22, 03:33 AM
Hi Archivel, I had the same problem before I've installed 30's swing mod; now it works fine and cool with good music, perfect atmosphere listening swing during cannon Attack ��

bedros
08-30-22, 04:49 AM

Update; Problem solved by editing "playersettings.cfg" file in your "C:\Users\your name\Documents\V2C\data\cfg"; I've added manually

DeparturePointLong=3436705.000000
DeparturePointLat=5297686.000000
DeparturePointHeading=92.734001
(Costanza Coordinates)

and saved the file in "read only" mode, otherwise the game delete everytime
all three strings; This method should work with any flottilla, you can find the relative flottilla coordinates in the "flottilla.cfg" file in Data folder of the installation.

Update 2

Check the en_menu and change the name of harbor with Konstanza (it must be the same that you read on map).
Thanks to Bisou.

Regards
Bedros:Kaleun_Cheers:

melis
08-30-22, 09:24 AM
Welcome! I am also having trouble with the resolution causing the game with the mod to launch in a small window. How can this be fixed? My laptop supports a resolution of 1366x768

Archive1
08-31-22, 12:27 AM
Bedros:
Ok, you have the gramaphone working...but what did you do in the data file to have it recognize audio files? OGG, MP3, what?
Appreciate the reply. Seems we are not alone.
I presume the "playersettings.cfg" message relates to your Costanza problem, and not to the gramaphone silence.
Archive1

bedros
08-31-22, 03:26 AM
Bedros:
Ok, you have the gramaphone working...but what did you do in the data file to have it recognize audio files? OGG, MP3, what?
Appreciate the reply. Seems we are not alone.
I presume the "playersettings.cfg" message relates to your Costanza problem, and not to the gramaphone silence.
Archive1

Just download mod 30's swing and install with Jsgme, don't do it manually.

blueduck
08-31-22, 01:18 PM
Welcome! I am also having trouble with the resolution causing the game with the mod to launch in a small window. How can this be fixed? My laptop supports a resolution of 1366x768

Hi Melis,

this version LSH3-2022 is for a display resolution of 1920x1080.

You will need the older version LSH3-2020 for your laptop!

Regards
Blueduck

bedros
08-31-22, 04:02 PM
Hi Melis,

this version LSH3-2022 is for a display resolution of 1920x1080.

You will need the older version LSH3-2020 for your laptop!

Regards
Blueduck

there is a way to enlarge the crew management panel which is damn small?

Archive1
08-31-22, 10:31 PM
Bedros:
Well, the type of audio file that will be accepted is critical to most audio playing software. My question is: Have you merely loaded some audiofiles (maybe MP3?) into the Data/Sound/Gramaphone folder and have it play? I have done that with OGG sound files and they do not play. Help me with your magic.
Archive1

blueduck
09-01-22, 01:50 AM
there is a way to enlarge the crew management panel which is damn small?

Hi bedros,

sorry, but there is noway to enlarge this view.
Eremit and Urmel tried several times and the only thing which worked was to move the whole content around. But this had other undesirable effects.

Bedros:
Well, the type of audio file that will be accepted is critical to most audio playing software. My question is: Have you merely loaded some audiofiles (maybe MP3?) into the Data/Sound/Gramaphone folder and have it play? I have done that with OGG sound files and they do not play. Help me with your magic.
Archive1

Hi Archive1,

just tried with .OGG and .MP3 and they both work fine!

I am sure you did have a look at "sound settings" in the options menu!
Music volume is by standard reduced to -30dB. "Music On/Off" does NOT have to be checked on - this is just for the music in the menu area.

Regards
Blueduck

bedros
09-01-22, 02:11 AM
Bedros:
Archive1

I've checked files in 30's swing, is OGG VIDEO file.

propbeanie
09-02-22, 09:51 AM
For the most part, music audio in the game should be 44.1kHz, 2-channel, 16-bit, which would be "CD Quality". I do not remember the kbps off the top of my head for mp3 files, but probably 192. Find an mp3 in the stock game, and match its settings. The wav files for sounds vary, depending upon their use, but again, have to match the Stock game's examples whether mono or stereo, 8-bit or 16-bit, 22.05 or 44.1kHz, etc., and might also be length-restricted. A 48kHz "video" audio generally will not play in the game, other than the Intro movie when the game starts. If you don't have an app that can edit audio, you can accomplish edits with Audacity Editor (https://www.audacityteam.org), but it can be a slightly complicated process in that app, and might take a bit of experimentation for the "export" settings.

bedros
09-02-22, 02:12 PM
Good evening everybody, I have noticed that during silent running my sonar man doesn't advice me about depth charges in the water.

I'm playing LSH3 2022.

Update: the problem was correlated with time compression, after reset and modify again I've solved.

Regards

Archive1
09-04-22, 12:14 AM
Blueduck:
Ahhhh, there we have it - an old timers experienced reply. I did not know that the sound settings could be manipulated that way. I am amazed that my old OGG files work just fine in LSH3-2020 as well as they do, but not in 2022.
Yes, I will dig deeper.
Many thanks.
Ar:Kaleun_Applaud:chive

a-kermit
09-05-22, 02:10 PM
Good evening everybody, I have noticed that during silent running my sonar man doesn't advice me about depth charges in the water, it's normal or there is something wrong? Could be related with time compression settings of sh3 Commander?
(In sound folder there are all audio file of this phrase)

I'm playing LSH3 2022.

Regards

Moin ...

Please have a look in data/cfg/Message_SO.cfg and there at

[Msg0]
MsgId=0
Priority=3
Timeout=20
Param0=1
MsgOgg00=Depth_charges_in_the_water_sir
;SoM_P_Depth_charges_in_the_water_sir.ogg

and set the priority from 3 to 1.
... has helped me.

mfG Kermit

Archive1
09-14-22, 01:47 PM
I have been badly hacked and am changing all (all) names and passwords across the board for all programs.
How do I do that for this Subsim website? Don't want to lose the connection.
Archive1

FUBAR295
09-14-22, 02:16 PM
PM'd Onkle Neal ... to let him know. :Kaleun_Salute:

a-kermit
09-16-22, 02:17 PM
I have been badly hacked and am changing all (all) names and passwords across the board for all programs.
How do I do that for this Subsim website? Don't want to lose the connection.
Archive1

Moin'sen ...

Excuse me, but what thiswes problem here in LSH-3 V22 to look ?
You have not been hacked here.
And if you were hacked ... you immediately change your login PW and the associated email address, so the username can be kept.
Greetings Kermit ,,, and now please back to the topic ...

Edit: There is certainly a general questions section for this .

bedros
09-17-22, 04:09 PM
Hi guys, do you know if there are u boot skins mods compatible with LSH3 2022 version?

Thaks

Archive1
09-19-22, 10:41 PM
Just to let everyone know (if anyone actually cares) I am back on line thanks to Onkle Neal. Unfortunately all the other hacking stuff will take months to clear up.
Archive1

CapZap1970
09-19-22, 11:31 PM
Just to let everyone know (if anyone actually cares) I am back on line thanks to Onkle Neal. Unfortunately all the other hacking stuff will take months to clear up.
Archive1
Great to have you back, Archive1!!! :Kaleun_Cheers:

blackswan40
09-20-22, 12:19 AM
Hi Archive1 send a PM to Onkel Neal with your new login name and password and he will make all the magic happen Sir :Kaleun_Salute:

bedros
09-20-22, 11:13 AM
Hello again, I'm trying to change the spawn probability of hsie Wolfpack, opening the campaignSCR there are 12 ai sibs north west of new Scotland so it doesn't depends by position; someone know how to edit the file that calculates the probability for Wolfpack activation?

Regards

Mad Mardigan
09-20-22, 11:39 AM
Archive1

Glad you were able to get it all sorted out. Sorry that you had to deal with it, in the 1st place...

All the best to you ship mate. :up: :shucks: :yep:

M. M.

bedros
09-25-22, 03:03 PM
Hi again guys, I'm trying to track the zones where Wolfpack is available, could you share your experiences maybe with patrol grid if possible.

Thanks

EffTee
09-27-22, 07:54 PM
Really struggling with testing mission, haven't changed anything with the sub and still getting the null when changing flotilla. Little confused on wording of radio messages that say "until August 3rd 23:00". Does that mean I can dock after I complete the missions and after that time? I start the career from the commander application if that matters.

Thanks for the help!:Kaleun_Salute:

bedros
09-28-22, 10:11 AM
Do you mean special tasks in F1 top secret?

EffTee
09-29-22, 09:35 AM
Really struggling with testing mission, haven't changed anything with the sub and still getting the null when changing flotilla. Little confused on wording of radio messages that say "until August 3rd 23:00". Does that mean I can dock after I complete the missions and after that time? I start the career from the commander application if that matters.

Thanks for the help!:Kaleun_Salute:

Figured it out, tried to assign to 2nd flotilla instead of 1st or 7th

Aktungbby
09-29-22, 11:58 AM
EffTee!:Kaleun_Salute:

bedros
10-02-22, 07:29 AM
Hello everyone, I'm having issue with CTD when I start a new Patrol setting manual target option on, if I disable it starts normally, this only in career mode and the responsibility of crash is d3d9.dll.
If I replace d3d9 the resolution change!
Help please.

blueduck
10-07-22, 01:12 PM
Hi bedros,

which mods do you have activated and could you post a screenshot of your realism settings?

Regards
Blueduck

bedros
10-09-22, 12:34 PM
It seems to be a compatibility problem with GPU Nvidia rtx 3060, if I start the game with integrated card it works but crash under heavy load.
I'm trying everything even change os, but nothing works.
Sometimes the game starts but most probably crash cause mavcr71, ntdll or d3d9.dll.
I've tried start without mods but nothing changes.
The strange thing is that I've played for months because this happens without problems

blueduck
10-09-22, 01:46 PM
It seems to be a compatibility problem with GPU Nvidia rtx 3060, if I start the game with integrated card it works but crash under heavy load.
I'm trying everything even change os, but nothing works.
Sometimes the game starts but most probably crash cause mavcr71, ntdll or d3d9.dll.
I've tried start without mods but nothing changes.
The strange thing is that I've played for months because this happens without problems

Hi bedros,

thanks for further testing and reporting.

Maybe have a look at page 7 of this manual:
https://www.lsh3.com/v20/dl/LSH3-EDITION-2020-INSTALLATION_EN.pdf

Allthough adressed to LSH3-2020 the settings for Nvidia might help you.

Regards
Blueduck

bedros
10-10-22, 01:17 AM
Thank you for helping, I've tried yet, my notebook have an integrated graphics card so in Nvidia control panel I don't have those more options because are managed by intel hd card.
Anyway one week ago before this problems starts I simply start lsh3 with GPU and it works fine, without do any changes it stops to work and ctd on starting mission.
Any suggestions?

Update

After 1 week of troubles it seems solved, first of All avoid windows 10/11 update 22h2 that is the major cause of crashing, second cause idk why "music off "option in game settings and DTS X ultra sound option.

blueduck
10-10-22, 09:47 AM
Thank you for helping, I've tried yet, my notebook have an integrated graphics card so in Nvidia control panel I don't have those more options because are managed by intel hd card.
Anyway one week ago before this problems starts I simply start lsh3 with GPU and it works fine, without do any changes it stops to work and ctd on starting mission.
Any suggestions?

Hi bedros,

puuh! I've got a notebook with an intel graphics card and another with Nvidia device - but no machine with both devices.
Can you figure out how to make the Nvidia maybe act as primary device?

I can just guess to look for Windows control panel and "energy saving mode" settings.
The other chance might be to find BIOS-Settings for your graphics devices. But be careful there unless you know how to restore default settings.

Regards
Blueduck

bedros
10-10-22, 10:19 AM
Hi guys I'm trying a very clean new installation of lsh3 2022, it seems work for now, I've a question using sh3 commander I've to put and activate the additional mods even in sh3 commander folder or I can do it only in lsh3 main folder?
Sorry if not so much clear the Question

M6JZO
10-12-22, 06:32 AM
Hi Captains, I have just started running LSH 3 for a week or so now. Still running my first patrol, really enjoying the game. I do have a question, is it possible for me to improve the return messages from BDU to me (as Captain)? Also the same thing the opposite way round. All I seem to get messaged is "show more courage", "attack search, destroy". I am going to improve on them.
Thank-you Frank, keep sinking them.

blueduck
10-12-22, 01:21 PM
Hi guys I'm trying a very clean new installation of lsh3 2022, it seems work for now, I've a question using sh3 commander I've to put and activate the additional mods even in sh3 commander folder or I can do it only in lsh3 main folder?
Sorry if not so much clear the Question

Hi bedros,

use LSH3-2022-MODARCHIVE-MANAGER out of the desktop folder.
It will copy the mods you select to the MODS folder and launch the JSGME of the game folder.
Do not use these mods with SH3 commander.

Regards
Blueduck

M6JZO
10-20-22, 07:43 AM
Hi Captains
LSH 22 edition is great a first-time user, wow lots of fun. Usually, I can get the Vllb which just happens to be the sub I preferer using. For some reason I always get the IIa, even when I change flotillas. I want to know how I can get to change U-boats?
Thank-you frank

blackswan40
10-20-22, 12:26 PM
Hi M6JZO Checkout the following posts Sir :Kaleun_Salute:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2830488#post2830488

Captain Wreckless
10-20-22, 05:01 PM
Hi bedros,

puuh! I've got a notebook with an intel graphics card and another with Nvidia device - but no machine with both devices.
Can you figure out how to make the Nvidia maybe act as primary device?

Regards
Blueduck

I have a MSI laptop with both Intel and Nvidia graphics card. You can set the Nvidia card as default for the game by going into the Nvidia control panel, click "Manage 3D settings", click "Program Settings". It is pretty self explanatory, though you may have to add the games executable to the list, if it isn't already listed. You can then set the default graphics card. Every time the game is started it will use that card.

CW:arrgh!:

bedros
10-21-22, 03:39 AM
I have a MSI laptop with both Intel and Nvidia graphics card. You can set the Nvidia card as default for the game by going into the Nvidia control panel, click "Manage 3D settings", click "Program Settings". It is pretty self explanatory, though you may have to add the games executable to the list, if it isn't already listed. You can then set the default graphics card. Every time the game is started it will use that card.

CW:arrgh!:

Yes I know , the problem is when I start with Nvidia GPU that seems have compatibility problems with win 11 2h22 and the game, no-one is having troubles with this?

propbeanie
10-21-22, 08:45 AM
bedros, what resolution can the laptop run? There might be a difference between the onboard and nVidia display also, in that regard. Note what resolution LSH runs at... You also have to properly set the Properties page of the SH3.exe file. :salute:

bedros
10-21-22, 12:07 PM
bedros, what resolution can the laptop run? There might be a difference between the onboard and nVidia display also, in that regard. Note what resolution LSH runs at... You also have to properly set the Properties page of the SH3.exe file. :salute:

They run the same resolution of the game 1920x1080,
About properties already done, the error that usually occurs is caused by mavcr71.dll.
Usually the game CTD at the first patrol loading and at the second time it starts otherwise the only way to start the game is to reinstall libraries, direct X or whole Nvidia driver.

With start the game I mean start patrol.

Archive1
10-31-22, 11:03 PM
All:
I've begun to return after a nasty immersion in a severe hack of our financial accounts (this computer is clean) and begun to again return to LSH3. But on two sorties I have checked out because suddenly multiple crew members have red exclamation marks attached to them (what exactly does that mean?) and suddenly the weapons officer disappeared. Were in no combat threatening condition, no crash situation, just floating waiting for an oncoming ship to become actionable. And still not noticed - ie, no condition Red.
Any help on just what/why this occurs...twice now?
A:k_confused:rchive1

stork100
11-01-22, 12:18 AM
All:
I've begun to return after a nasty immersion in a severe hack of our financial accounts (this computer is clean) and begun to again return to LSH3. But on two sorties I have checked out because suddenly multiple crew members have red exclamation marks attached to them (what exactly does that mean?) and suddenly the weapons officer disappeared. Were in no combat threatening condition, no crash situation, just floating waiting for an oncoming ship to become actionable. And still not noticed - ie, no condition Red.

It's a feature of the game known as 'crew fatigue'. You can see each crew members endurance level by clicking on them and looking at the orange bar on their personal details. The red exclamation mark means they're too tired and need to rest by placing them in either the bow or stern quarters. If unrested the green efficiency bar of each compartment goes down and they eventually stop doing their jobs. A lot of players like to turn it off. If you want to disable it probably the easiest way is through the preferences in Silent Hunter Commander if you use that. Be sure to launch the game through Commander for the settings to take effect each time. The alternative is to edit the files manually. Not sure about the weapons officer, maybe he fell overboard. :O:

blueduck
11-01-22, 09:43 AM
All:

Hi Archive1,

the other easy way to get rid of crew fatigue is to start JSGME and activate _LSH3-2022__NoFatigue-NoSleepCrew.

Regards
Blueduck

Archive1
11-01-22, 10:39 PM
BlueDuck:
You know as I was drifting off to sleep last night after posting this query I suddenly was aware that although I set Commander to "no crew fatigue" I did not check to see that it was actually "on" or may have been lost somehow in multiple changes.
So, I believe you have settled the question.
Thanks for reminding me...that somehow 'change' creeps into so much of what we do in all sorts of endeavors.
Archive1 :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Archive1
11-03-22, 09:40 PM
All:
On Patrol 7 I used 4 bow torpedoes to good effect ....but...
After 4 hours I still had zero loaded and 2 or 3 in reserve although I surface and remained at zero speed in order to reload.
And when I returned to W'lll'haven I still had zero torps in the forward tubes after several hours of travel. I cancelled the remainder of the patrol since I had no functional bow torpedoes to use.
What did I do wrong or where is the program fault?
More importantly, how do we avoid this?
Archive1

blackswan40
11-04-22, 12:54 AM
Hi Archive1 sorry to ask this but were you riging for silent running (z key) or if you were transfering external torpedos you can't do that in rough seas or was your bow torpedo crew fatigued or not enough crew in bow torpedo room put a senior officer in there to speed up that process.
Also did you have malfuctions and sabotage checked in options in commander mod.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=11164

jscharpf
11-04-22, 07:24 PM
Hello, long time no see here.. it's been a while.
I decided to give SH3 another try after being somewhat let down with any other U Boat sim out there..

I've played LSH and LSH2015, loved them both. Now I wanted to install LSH2022 and when I run the installer it gives me a message saying I do not have a valid SH3.exe (not sure of the exact words).
I purchased the game many years ago, before Steam, so it is (I believe) a Ubisoft version. Ran a completely fresh install, put it in the root of the C: drive like I always did in the past (C:\SHIII).
Any ideas? I can't get past this message to try out the new mod!

:)
Jeff

Aktungbby
11-04-22, 07:34 PM
jscharpf!:Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
11-04-22, 10:37 PM
Blackswan:
Good points. To answer: Not rough seas - quiet: Surfaced and just sat there for a few hours...nada: Not silent running - no reason, no threats: I usually accept the malfunctions but not sabotage keys in Commander: Crew fatigue - usually I do not accept that. Yes, I know, that would in reality be a problem, but in the simulator you have no Chief of Boat to do the rotations, so I do not accept that in Commander. Officer in the torpedo room - actually have no idea, but will check that in the future.
Thanks for the reply.
Archive1

TBird9595
11-05-22, 11:23 AM
Hi blackswan40,
I think I have the same issue that Rhodes had (on page 1 of this thread).
Could you share the solution please?
Many thanks

Aktungbby
11-05-22, 11:27 AM
TBird9595!:Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
11-15-22, 11:10 PM
After several patrols I have been presented with the option to advance the 'Qualifications" of several crew members. However, far too often when I select a crew member I get the message "You must complete a patrol...". But all members of the crew have completed 6/7/8 patrols by this time. Dunno why this comes up.
Any answers?
Archive1

Archive1
11-15-22, 11:30 PM
Tonight I logged onto LSH3 2022 via Commander (as before) and the program loaded but then crashed to desktop. I tried it again several times, no joy. Then I went to a direct load from LSH3 2022 and the same thing happened.
What's going on?
I have done nothing different than before.
Am into the middle of patrol 8 for this period (earlier episodes much later) with no problems.
So now what?

blackswan40
11-16-22, 06:15 AM
Hi Archive1 I have flaged your issue to Blueduck of the LSH2022 Team :Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie
11-16-22, 11:36 AM
Tonight I logged onto LSH3 2022 via Commander (as before) and the program loaded but then crashed to desktop. I tried it again several times, no joy. Then I went to a direct load from LSH3 2022 and the same thing happened.
What's going on?
I have done nothing different than before.
Am into the middle of patrol 8 for this period (earlier episodes much later) with no problems.
So now what?
Are you on Windows 10 and just had an update? I am and did, and the Win10 Update re-set my "legacy" apps' settings and properties. Check your SH3.exe Properties page for alteration from Win10, or possibly having to change them yourself...

Archive1
11-16-22, 06:50 PM
Probeanie:
Hmmm. Will take a look as you suggest. As for Win 10, yeah, have stayed with the usually reliable version until I'm forced to change. And of course Microsoft merely does its thing whenever it wants. So that may be the problem.
Appreciate the reply.

May I ask another question? The "qualifications" - post patrol: I always get a "You must complete a patrol" msg when I attempt a Qual award, even though 7-8 patrols have been completed and all crew members are eligible. Not anything of urgency but seems strange.
Archive1

Archive1
11-17-22, 11:35 PM
I cannot find any "SH3.exe" file in any LSH3 folder to be able to evaluate.
Can you direct me to better to find what is needed?
I retried both the Commander and the "straight' LSH3 load and both just disappeared after loading.
This is awful!
Archive1

propbeanie
11-18-22, 09:17 AM
I cannot find any "SH3.exe" file in any LSH3 folder to be able to evaluate.
Can you direct me to better to find what is needed?
I retried both the Commander and the "straight' LSH3 load and both just disappeared after loading.
This is awful!
Archive1
You might not have file extensions visible in your File Explorer. That option is "off" in Windows by default. There are two files in the SH3 install folder that are named "SH3". The first is "SH3.dll", which will have a little icon with a couple of cogged gears as the illustration. The "SH3.exe" file will have an icon with "SH3" in a red font, on a dark greenish background, with a tiny TypeVII sub (??) in the lower right corner of the icon. Not the easiest thing to see. So choose the red icon with a right-click, and then left-click on "Properties" at the bottom of the resultant context menu, and on the first page it opens to, which is the "General" tab, you will see an "Attributes" section near the bottom with a "Read-only" tick box, which should be empty. If there is a checkmark in that little white box, click on it to clear it, and then click OK to get out of there Now try to run the 4Gig Patch and choose that same SH3.exe file in that same folder as your "target" for the patch.

Not being able to open a Saved game after several tries usually means it is corrupt. It does sometimes take a few attempts at loading to get some Saves to come up. Also, some Saves will "disappear" as you attempt to use others. You should get a little pop-up warning when it goes to do that. As for applying promotions and awards to your crew, I am not familiar enough with that in SH3 to advise, and I do not remember why certain messages come up concerning it. I usually skip the process. Let them eat cake... :haha:

Archive1
11-18-22, 10:53 PM
Probeanie:
thanks for the reply, but...
1. I find only one SH3 file and that is the SH3.dll file. There is no SH3.exe file with a red font or small submarine or anything else.
2. I went to File extensions, selected yes to turn on file extensions. Nada.
3. as for multiple attempts to try to open the saved files, I have done so too many times to count. Everything 'loads' through the "To the fallen comrades" and then clears to desktop.
This is nuts.
Archive1

blackswan40
11-19-22, 03:41 AM
Hi Archive1 maybe your LSH-2022 has been corupted if files are missing then you may need to reinstall eveything but you can retreive your campaign career files in your documents you will have a Folder called V2C or something similar thats where your LSH-2022 Career patrol saves are kept.
I would copy and paste that folder to somewhere different like in your pictures or music folder uninstall LSH-2022 completly then reinstall SH3 check if you have the SH3.exe and the SH3.dll.
Then take stock SH3 for a test run to ensure it is working as it should then install LSH-2022 Career version ensure you name your career save folder same as the one you moved to your pictures folder do a test run with the built in Commander mod with same Kapitans name to see if LSH-2022 runs if all is ok then replace your default V2C LSH-2022 career Folder in your documents with the saved one you moved to your pictures or music folder then you should be up and running once again if your LSH-2022 new install crashes when you load your last at sea mid patrol save then i would load the start of that patrol save when you were back in port ok.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1230&pictureid=12849

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1230&pictureid=12850

hope this gets you squared away also check the PM I sent you it will help you some Sir :Kaleun_Salute:

Locrian_Gelat
11-21-22, 08:54 PM
So I have been having some fun with the LSH3 2022 Commander mod, and apart from some crashes and mid-patrol saves being sorta iffy, it works for the most part! Unfortunately I have some issues with the in-game U-Boat Management tab, i.e. trying to swap all my T1 torps for T2s. It doesn't seem to save my 'loadout' apart from upgrading my Hydrophone (currently in a IXB Dec. 25 ) so whenever I start the patrol, it only gives me like 4 T2s for some reason... Anyone else having this issue? :k_confused:

Aktungbby
11-21-22, 11:17 PM
Locrian_Gelat!:Kaleun_Salute:

Locrian_Gelat
11-22-22, 11:58 AM

Jimbuna
11-22-22, 12:27 PM
Welcome to SubSim :Kaleun_Salute:

CaptBones
11-25-22, 01:57 PM
After being away for over two years (got busy during the pandemic building a new model RR layout), I re-embarked and discovered the LSH3 2020 version and 2022HD version.

I have been playing LSH3-2015 since it was released and have really enjoyed the immersion provided by the LSH3 Team. After looking over the 2020 and 2022HD versions and reading through the comments, I decided to see if 2022HD would load and function on my eleven-year-old Alienware Area 51 using Windows 7 (I thoroughly dislike Windows 10 and will avoid any "upgraded OS" or other Microsoft garbage as long as I can keep the old rig running).

Somewhat to my surprise, the package downloaded and installed without incident and got past Windows Defender without any heartburn. So far, the Naval Academy Exams are running perfectly. I did have to reposition the notepad in the hydrophone station and there is a little "squeezing" of the screen image, my 30-inch Dell monitor has native resolution of 2560X1600 (8:5), but nothing to get upset about.

I'll be doing some "tweaking" to adjust a few things and particularly to replace the uniforms and get a more informal atmosphere in the boat before starting a career in Commander. But I don't really remember anything that I did that caused a problem with V15, so hopefully everything will continue to run smoothly.

I was very saddened to hear of the passing of several of the LSH3 Team members, particularly sorry about Urmel. We had several e-mail "conversations" a few years ago and exchanged some ideas about submarine technology and terminology; I'm sorry I can't thank him personally for his role in producing this wonderful Super-Mod. However, I will be making a donation to the Team to thank the rest of you all for your dedication to keeping SH3 alive and well.

Many thanks...and "Good Hunting" to you all.

marg1991
11-27-22, 03:16 PM
Hi all!

I'm in July, 1942 campaign. Convoy escort still seems to be very lazy and deaf. Is it going to change ? Or is it normal?

Thanks for every reply.

Archive1
12-01-22, 06:55 PM
Blackswan:
Just got this and have a PM reply to you (I hope it attached to yours).
Will follow advice. V2c is in proper place in Documents. by the way, with all proper names.
New version of SH3 downloaded and opens properly.
Will give the advised route a shot and see how it goes.
Very bizarre situation since everything was doing well before normal shut down.
Appreciate the assistance.
-=Archive1=-

CaptBones
12-03-22, 06:00 PM
For those who, like myself, keep a detailed KTB and want to record events in a more accurate Grid area, this information will put the "Gridxxxx" overlay by Tycho in the correct position on the Nav Chart.

After you paste the layout data in Data/Menu/menu_1024_768.ini, it should be labeled as "G31 I32" and the position line should be changed to read "Pos=350,1975,714,922".

You will find the pull-down tab at the top of the Nav Chart, just to the right of the "Depth Thingy".

Good Hunting!:Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
12-08-22, 11:51 PM
Blackswan and all:
Am now back in the Game. Dunno why or how. Yes, I did download and install a new version of SH3 but the one I had already installed was the same as the one I installed from Blackswan. But thanks for the download, ...swan.
In any case, many thanks for the support as always.

May I ask a question that is not related?
I am making sorties around March 1940, but there is never any (I mean no) shipping around the British Isles, the passage 'tween Orkney/Shetlands, along the French coast or in the Channel for many, many days (like weeks) while I am in transit to my assigned area. I have purposely expanded my God's Eye view widely via some Data alterations, but still...nada. That was not true in earlier versions. Yes, I can live with the delay, but it seems quite unrealistic to have the seas totally empty of any shipping at this date and time.
Am I missing something here? Or was this purposefully programmed?

So, back in action with the usual swagger of an early war Kaleun, but one that is aware of what is coming in the future.
Archive1 :Kaleun_Cheers:

blackswan40
12-09-22, 04:40 AM
Adding Ships and Convoys to the Random Leyer

Hi Archive1 you could add ships and convoys to LSH2022 but you would need a LSH2020 install to do the Campaign editing due to the Higher Restolution of LSH2022 the mission editor is unresponsive but it works using LSH2020 then just copy and paste your amended RND Leyer file to your LSH2022 install data campaigns/campaign folder i am in the process of writing a LSH2022 Campaign for the Steel Sharks Clan.

1. fire up the mission editor in LSH2020 then open the RND Leyer all the yellow diamonds are ship and convoy spawn start points.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12886

2.Add random generated group right click then box pops up click add random generated group.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12887

3. Give Convoy or ship a name (East Coast Convoy)

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12888

4. Set Convoy entry start date and end date convoy speed

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12892

5. Add ships to convoy if you are adding Escorts to convoy ensure you tick box position as escort
on destroyers and corvets ect set spacing and number of columns on first ship in convoy as that ship is convoy leader that should be set to 100% spawn propobility other ships can be set to different spawn probobility 25%-75% so convoys are random in size same for escorts.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12890

6. The green circle on image below is East Coast Convoy spawning every 150 hours so it isnt spawning every six days at same time also at each waypoint along its route/course from southend to firth of fourth you can put radius circles so when convoy reaches that circle the convoy will spawn anywhere within that circle 30-40-50 kms in diameter and continue on its way to next way point so convoys/ships have a more random track along convoy or ship route.
Hope this helps you some to get more enjoyment from the LSH2022 Campaign

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12891

if you need any more help adding ships convoys to your campaign just add to this post Sir

Archive1
12-09-22, 10:30 PM
B-Swan:
See my PM reply. Still uncertain of my use of the PM reply system.
Appreciate, as always, the stunning assistance provided by the members of the SubSim community.
Archive1 :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
12-09-22, 10:37 PM
B-Swan:
mea culpa...I do still have LSH3 2020 on the drive. Will give it a try. Thanks...sorry for the confusion.
Archive1

blackswan40
12-10-22, 05:33 AM
Hi Archive1 below a good site for convoy info i use it all the time when adding convoys to LSH2020/2022 when on main page click on site map then all convoy codes are listed then all convoys for that convoy prefix code are listed also

http://convoyweb.org.uk/

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12893

England East Coast Convoys under FN prefix :Kaleun_Salute:

Hans benker
12-11-22, 11:24 AM
I bought the game silent hunter 3 to remember the moments from years ago when I played this game.
Unfortunately, the game was for old versions of Windows XP or whist
I have a laptop with windows 10 and unfortunately, the game does not start on this windows
I am looking for a professional who will guide me step by step to success and I will be able to run the game on windows 10
On this server, I tried to run SH3 but also without success
PLEASE HELP
contact on email or FB
bbrown.m@googlemail.com
Marcin Brown - facebook

Hans benker
12-11-22, 11:32 AM
I bought the game silent hunter 3 to remember the moments from years ago when I played this game.
Unfortunately, the game was for old versions of windows XP or whist
I have a laptop with windows 10 and unfortunately, the game does not start on this windows
I am looking for a professional who will guide me step by step to success and I will be able to run the game in windows 10
On this server, I tried to run SH3 but also without success
PLEASE HELP

blackswan40
12-11-22, 11:43 AM
Hi Hans Benker you have a PM from me that should get you up and running with SH3 :Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
12-15-22, 12:06 AM
B'Swan:
You have a new post from a new guy having problems, so yes, take care of him first. But...
As an old mariner (age 88) I don't think I understand your instructions for the convey problem. I've worked with SH3 etc for decades. But I cannot understand why the screen is empty of any (I mean any) shipping around the British Isles on Mar or April of 1940. That makes no sense, and I do not think that the 'player' should have to add convoys or ships to make the screen reflect reality. This is a major failure of design and not something that the (probably young) historically empty player should have to plug in. Yeah I did look at trying your suggestion, but really, I couldn't make it work...nor should I have to. I do (repeat do) support the SH3 and LSH3 community, but...This is a really major problem.
-=Archive1=- :k_confused:

stork100
12-15-22, 01:15 AM
But I cannot understand why the screen is empty of any (I mean any) shipping around the British Isles on Mar or April of 1940.

Hi Archive1,

If I'm understanding correctly you're not seeing any contact icons on the map. Could be a realism settings issue. Check the settings on the screen just before you start the patrol - the one where you receive your grid assignment instructions. Ensure "No map contact update" is unchecked. Double negative that one, can be confusing.

If that's not the issue then I'd be looking at any mods you might be running in addition to LSH, which may be affecting the contact icons specifically or indirectly.

blackswan40
12-15-22, 06:03 AM
Hi Archive1 ive looked at the stock LSH-2022 Random Rnd Leyer in mission editor Sir theres plenty of naval traffic heading up and down the east coast of England

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12896

Just before you launch your patrol when in homebase ensure you set the realism settings to your liking dont have no map contact updates checked also when your at periscope depth dont click on your sonarman to do a sonar sweep to pick up ships/convoy contacts do the sonar sweep yourself your hearing is a lot better than the Sonarguy Happy Hunting Sir.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=12897

Archive1
12-17-22, 08:04 PM
Blackswan:
Thanks for the reply. I have checked, accepted all the realism settings except have not checked manual loading and no map update, so it should display. Yes, I know the mission editor show lots and I have usually and routinely gotten an increasingly cluttered screen as time progresses in a patrol - I mark each contact for future awareness of busy lanes. Actually the last patrol resulted in a few more contacts - not many but more than the previous 2 or 3 patrols that on occasion displayed none at all...not one. Hence my query.

Re: sonar - I was going to message you that I was used to spinning the sonar wheel myself in SH3 (especially later in time when anti sub patrols are out in force and early contact becomes critical to survival) because, you are right, the sonar guy is a bit deaf at a distance. But I don't seem to get any sonar return indication, no blip on the dial or sound when I do the same with my install of LSH3 - but admit I have not tried it too often. Will explore further.

Appreciate the exchange - and a pleasant coming Holiday and New Year to you and the LSH3 community.
-=Archive1=- :Kaleun_Cheers:

Archive1
12-18-22, 11:41 PM
A follow up to the last msg:
I have now opened access to the Sonar room and have access to the listening rotator and screen. I do properly get contacts, but have a problem getting rid of the "Notepad" that hovers over the screen. It seems to have taken over the cursor and the checkmark constantly flashes green when I try to remove or just "set" the notepad away from the screen. As a result one cannot use the cursor to rotate the sensor direction wheel -it is glued to the notepad. How do I release the notepad? Nothing seems to shake it loose from the cursor to reposition it.
And I have checked realism settings for this Captain. I have not checked the "no map updates"...as I thought was true, since I never do. I deleted the last patrol and will set out again to see how many convoys/ships appear on the map, besides those within a near distance now that I am positive that they should appear in significant numbers in mid 1940.
-=Archive=-

d@rk51d3
12-19-22, 05:54 PM
but have a problem getting rid of the "Notepad" that hovers over the screen. It seems to have taken over the cursor and the checkmark constantly flashes green when I try to remove or just "set" the notepad away from the screen. As a result one cannot use the cursor to rotate the sensor direction wheel -it is glued to the notepad. How do I release the notepad? Nothing seems to shake it loose from the cursor to reposition it.

I have the same.

However, I adjust the screen with the 'free look' until the whole dial is visible somewhat. Then lock the screen, and then drag the hydrophone needle around.

If it locks to the pad again, I just F5 to the map, then "H" back to the hydrophone station and try again.

Can get a bit frustrating though.

Archive1
12-19-22, 08:03 PM
Darkside:
Hmmm. It feels good not being alone re: the sonar notepad. By the "free look" do you mean using the Shift+F2 to use the 'free camera forward' to move from the control room into the Sonar room? And "lock the screen"...not sure what this is. Which I presume frees up the cursor. No? Probably just getting lost in simple terminology.

I would have thought this problem would have been cleaned up with the shift from 2020 to 2022, but presume the death of the premier leader of LSH3 (alas, I cannot immediately recall his name...something that will happen to all of us ultimately) understandably had an adverse effect on some things.

Enjoy your southern hemisphere "summer" - I think you are down there somewhere. We are freezing here in the Pac Northwest USA.
-=Archive=-

Maddin25
12-23-22, 10:33 AM
A follow up to the last msg:
I have now opened access to the Sonar room and have access to the listening rotator and screen. I do properly get contacts, but have a problem getting rid of the "Notepad" that hovers over the screen. It seems to have taken over the cursor and the checkmark constantly flashes green when I try to remove or just "set" the notepad away from the screen. As a result one cannot use the cursor to rotate the sensor direction wheel -it is glued to the notepad. How do I release the notepad? Nothing seems to shake it loose from the cursor to reposition it.
And I have checked realism settings for this Captain. I have not checked the "no map updates"...as I thought was true, since I never do. I deleted the last patrol and will set out again to see how many convoys/ships appear on the map, besides those within a near distance now that I am positive that they should appear in significant numbers in mid 1940.
-=Archive=-

I have the same.

However, I adjust the screen with the 'free look' until the whole dial is visible somewhat. Then lock the screen, and then drag the hydrophone needle around.

If it locks to the pad again, I just F5 to the map, then "H" back to the hydrophone station and try again.

Can get a bit frustrating though.

Known bug which will be fixed with the next update by LSH Team.

Archive1
12-24-22, 11:53 PM
Blackswan:
First a Happy Holiday to you, and I don't expect any reply for a while...but: here is my attempt to show you the full screen on Jun 15, 1940. Please note the absence of any (any) shipping around the British Isles. And this is after about a week's departure from Base. During the entire time only a few green and blue (neutral and friendly) ships appeared, and those only along the departure route from Will'haven.

One cannot believe this is a realistic presentation of the shipping around GB or the French coast, or the Channel at this time and date. Especially since the underlying design program includes a considerable number of convoys and ships.

My settings in Data/Contacts are: Range to Opp. 1300 Km, Range to Imp. 2500 Km.

I have little experience in attaching any image to these messages, so I hope this does show up. If not lemme know.

Have a fine Holiday.

desktop/screenshot(5).tga

-=Archive1=-

Archive1
12-24-22, 11:59 PM
Madden:
I have found when I am on the map, if I put the cursor in the far, far corner (doesn't matter which) and then hit H to go to the Sonar room, I am no longer fixed on the dreaded notebook and can access either the wheel or the dial to survey the region. However, it is not more sensitive to the contact than the icon Sonar figure. the latter seems to be pretty reliable...unlike the original in SH3.
Happy Holidays.
-=Archive1=-+

kaleu
12-31-22, 12:11 AM
Once stern reload is finished, I cannot return crew to rest because cursor activates gauge panel before cursor reaches the stern room. The gauge panel covers the entire room while the cursor is visible on top of the panel but does not work. I have to complete game without 5-6 crewmen. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Archive1
01-01-23, 11:17 PM
Kaleu:
Maybe I'm off-base here but I don't know why you feel you need to actively move the torpedo crew to the barracks...or rest. If you have set Commander to the "No fatigue setting" there is no need to have them leave the torpedo room. Yeah, not realistic, but in real time the Chief of the Boat or the Exec would handle that anyway, and not the sub Commander...which you are emulating, but which in the simulation does not allow you the time to do those house-keeping duties.
Am I making sense here?
Happy New Year.

kaleu
01-02-23, 01:28 PM
Archive:
Thanks for reply. I'm coming from GWX MOD and am new to LSH3-22 MOD. The way I play I enjoy moving individual crew around compartments. However, if I decide to continue with LSH3 MOD but can't get my issue resolved I'll have to make a decision whether to play with your suggestions or go back to GWX...be that as it may, let me describe the issue in detail...on the CREW MANAGEMENT SCREEN I have sent crew to stern torp room to reload...after reload I want to return crew to rest...I move cursor from right to left toward stern torp room...when cursor hits the middle of the engine room it activates the slide-out gauge panel which then entirely covers the stern torp room...i continue moving cursor to torp room... cursor becomes visible on top of gauge panel but will not allow me to select crew members in torp room and therefore I cannot return crew to rest...they stay there the rest of the game.

Needless to say, none of this is a problem in GWX.

My question.. is there a file or setting I can access to correct this issue or is it merely a bug?

Archive1
01-02-23, 11:41 PM
Kaleu:
Whoa...complicated. I'm an old (very old!) GWX veteran from some time ago.
I don't know how most LSH3 folks do it, but I do not move any crew around the ship - except perhaps to relieve the deck gun crew after a surface engagement. I merely make sure that I have enough crew in the engine room and two torp rooms to do the job...at one time I complained about slow reloads and found out I did not have decent crew levels to get the job done. Otherwise I ignore crew management.
In re-reading your post I would say it is a design problem...but keep in mind, I am not one of the in-depth members of the design/debugging group. And it is apparent that I have not had your problem. Actually I will see how it works the next time I use the program.
I would guess that it comes down to a desire to do in-depth crew management (which you prefer and which is just fine) or ignore that and have some other focus (which is also OK).
I would suggest if you have the time, continue working with LSH3 for a while and see how you like it compared with GWX. They are both fine programs, but have their own personalities and superior design and support folks.
Say Hello to Capt. Lehmen (Lehman ?) if he is still there.
And a fine coming year your way.
Archive1

a-kermit
01-13-23, 08:50 AM
Moin ...
... here is my 1st version of the animated rudder walker (SRG) ... for testing.
... simply as always ... Unpack the 7z archive into the mod folder and activate it with the JSGME.
... when a new version of LSH-2022 is released, I will have to adjust it ... I think.
... now it is not so "static" anymore ... more alive ... the used animations ... if someone finds better ... find better ones, please let me know.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/excqoehzq7iq3be/Anim.+Seitenruderg%C3%A4nger+%28SRG%29_LSH+2022.7z/file

My thanks to "Stoertbeker" for his post-texturing work and his little black ship (cape).

mfG Kermit-68

Edit: ... this SRG is not compatible with Wurmonkel's type 7 interior mod ...
... based on the interior of LSH V 2022
... either WO builds this in or gives his permission that I can do it.

Archive1
01-14-23, 10:43 PM
Blackswan:
Greetings for the New Year. I wanted to follow-up on the strange lack of distant convoys that appear on the nav map deep into the war years. I tried to upload to you a photo of my empty map screen, I think sometime in 1940 when there would be a great deal of shipping around the British Isles...but none appear on the nav map. I have no idea if you were able to open it.

As a test I created a newby Kaleun and sent him and his sub on multiple patrols starting all over again. The same thing - A few neutral and friendly ships appear in the near waters of Germany deep into 1940, but nothing around the British Isles. Actually there is always an enemy convoy in the East Channel. But that is all.

It seems to make no difference what changes I make to the Data/Contacts settings - whether near or far. Random, rare attackable targets do appear here and there as the game progresses. I am sure I had some type of God's Eye View adjustment with SH3 and GWX, but cannot find how that was possible. Certainly I agree with you: lots of British Isle ships are designed into the program, but do not seem to appear on the nav map unless they are in a decent reach of the player's sub for possible a attack.

Is a puzzlement.
Archive1

Archive1
01-14-23, 10:48 PM
a-kermit:

Mea culpa, but what is an "animated rudder walker (SRG)"?
Archive1

blueduck
01-15-23, 08:26 AM
Once stern reload is finished, I cannot return crew to rest because cursor activates gauge panel before cursor reaches the stern room. The gauge panel covers the entire room while the cursor is visible on top of the panel but does not work. I have to complete game without 5-6 crewmen. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Hi kaleu,

sorry for the late reply!

I guess you are using OLC-GUI by encountering this issue!?!
An update is already prepared and will be release soon.

Regards
Blueduck

blueduck
01-15-23, 08:49 AM
a-kermit:

Mea culpa, but what is an "animated rudder walker (SRG)"?
Archive1

Hi Archive1,

I guess he means the helmsman/steersman...

Regards
Blueduck

blueduck
01-15-23, 09:13 AM
Blackswan:
Greetings for the New Year. I wanted to follow-up on the strange lack of distant convoys that appear on the nav map deep into the war years. I tried to upload to you a photo of my empty map screen, I think sometime in 1940 when there would be a great deal of shipping around the British Isles...but none appear on the nav map. I have no idea if you were able to open it.

As a test I created a newby Kaleun and sent him and his sub on multiple patrols starting all over again. The same thing - A few neutral and friendly ships appear in the near waters of Germany deep into 1940, but nothing around the British Isles. Actually there is always an enemy convoy in the East Channel. But that is all.

It seems to make no difference what changes I make to the Data/Contacts settings - whether near or far. Random, rare attackable targets do appear here and there as the game progresses. I am sure I had some type of God's Eye View adjustment with SH3 and GWX, but cannot find how that was possible. Certainly I agree with you: lots of British Isle ships are designed into the program, but do not seem to appear on the nav map unless they are in a decent reach of the player's sub for possible a attack.

Is a puzzlement.
Archive1

Hi Archive1,

guess I found the "problem".
Using mission editor to have a look into the random layer, choosing and right clicking on a convoy you can read the values for "Contact automatic report (Min)" and "Probability (%)". If the first is set to -1 there will be no report. If the percentage is less than 100%, there might be a e.g. 50% chance for a report.

For the convoys through the channel CAR is set to 1440 or 2160 which means the contact report will be "repeated" within 24 or 36 hours. I guess this long time for the channel convoys is set to not interrupt time compression too often, when you are traveling through the channel.
Convoys crossing the Atlantic are e.g. set to CAR=600 which will report them every 10 hours maybe simulating a sub chasing that convoy.

When leaving from the french harbours you might rush out of the detection window before the repeat time is reached.

Regards
Blueduck

Archive1
01-15-23, 11:47 PM
Blueduck
Great reply. From this I gather that the programming crew decided to keep the wide view of the convoys 'hidden' until they were in contact with a nearby sub. Or at least not permit them to be displayed under some God's Eye View. So I will defer to the designer team...a bit unhappily,,,but with respect. There is no way, of course, that I would use the Mission Editor to change the contact values for each convoy. I admit that this is more realistic than having the wide view of the entire territory, seen by each centralized Admiralty command, available to the individual sub commander.

Not sure how or why the "helmsman/steersman" needs to be redesigned...or even exactly which character/image that constitutes - the guy in the command room watching the dials? Yes, I guess the current image is rather stilted and repetitive, but I don't spend much time in the command room while at sea. I let my imaginary First Officer do that, along with crew assignments to relieve fatigue.
Thanks again, Archive1

a-kermit
01-16-23, 05:20 AM
Moin ... Archive1
... until now a "ghost" in the control center operated the engine telegraph and the rudder.
I have now changed that with an animated helmsman.
In addition, there is an animated crew member who will be to the left of the torpedo computer and is bent over the uboot scheme map.
Comes a little "life" in the center.
... with the depth rudder crew ...there is only changed, that they are not on station during overwater travel ... only from dive command / underwater travel.
I will create this for all ubots types / headquarters.
Who does not like it ... does not have to use it js.
mfG Kermit

GrenSo
01-16-23, 06:35 AM
In addition, there is an animated crew member who will be to the left of the torpedo computer and is bent over the uboot scheme map.
... with the depth rudder crew ...there is only changed, that they are not on station during overwater travel ... only from dive command / underwater travel.

I haven't tested your mod yet because I don't have the time for Silent Hunter at the moment, but I think the idea is great. :salute:

Archive1
01-17-23, 11:02 PM
a-kermit:
Sorry if I upset you. Not intended.
I did mention that I actually spend little time in the control room, but that doesn't mean that many other people don't spend a great deal of time there and will appreciate more than I your improvement.
We always appreciate people adding improvements to LSH3 that benefit everyone. (Whether old codgers like me use them or not!)

a-kermit
01-19-23, 04:40 AM
Moin Archive1

joo, don't have a problem with it.
Have not "annoyed" me each his opinion.
mfG Kermit

Anvar1061
01-19-23, 02:39 PM
... until now a "ghost" in the control center operated the engine telegraph and the rudder.
I will create this for all ubots types / headquarters.
Who does not like it ... does not have to use it js.
mfG Kermit

I see that this is a trial balloon. https://sun9-west.userapi.com/sun9-5/s/v1/ig2/mqHSZzZ3QXD0Nz3XZTCuwSAF5Q-IDy8oXVhlZTP1AwnEn8-eFychhGTKOjPw4UsOCZm4KXW2Jqg1xI5ysx5xJKC9.jpg?size =1024x768&quality=95&type=albumhttps://sun9-west.userapi.com/sun9-65/s/v1/ig2/aDEEhmOjiX8pNLYH89DMyLH8x5BRxlr6q79R1cfYLnk6t_786U x-sAFHpsjYewvi7-52B0drauEeQ0IGtQbYJ675.jpg?size=1024x768&quality=95&type=album
I hope it will be improved.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/Kaleun_Applaud-1.gif

Archive1
01-20-23, 12:59 AM
Yes, I see that. Interesting...I may have to spend more time in the control room with the upper level command group! Nah, just a common sea going crewman.
Just fine Kermit.
Archive1

a-kermit
01-20-23, 05:24 AM
Moin Anvar1061
Sorry, I have no idea what version you used, from which your images are ?
these texture errors had the first trial version.
With the "Röhrefahrer'n" everything is ok. hm.... ??
https://www.roehrenfahrer.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=277
With the next version then all U boat types are represented.
A relaxed weekend I wish ... Kermit

Archive1
01-20-23, 10:43 PM
a-kermit:
Ahhh...bitte. Aber, Ich bin nur ein anfanger (sorry no unlauts) auf Deutsch. Nur ein jahr im Universit...whatever. Stationed at Spangdahlem and lived in Bitburg for several wonderful years while a flight surgeon for the fighter squadron stationed there. Have fond memories of those years and local friends.
Pros't mit Bitburger pils! Archve1 :Kaleun_Cheers:

shamanscott
02-01-23, 09:50 PM
Archive:
Thanks for reply. I'm coming from GWX MOD and am new to LSH3-22 MOD. The way I play I enjoy moving individual crew around compartments. However, if I decide to continue with LSH3 MOD but can't get my issue resolved I'll have to make a decision whether to play with your suggestions or go back to GWX...be that as it may, let me describe the issue in detail...on the CREW MANAGEMENT SCREEN I have sent crew to stern torp room to reload...after reload I want to return crew to rest...I move cursor from right to left toward stern torp room...when cursor hits the middle of the engine room it activates the slide-out gauge panel which then entirely covers the stern torp room...i continue moving cursor to torp room... cursor becomes visible on top of gauge panel but will not allow me to select crew members in torp room and therefore I cannot return crew to rest...they stay there the rest of the game.

Needless to say, none of this is a problem in GWX.

My question.. is there a file or setting I can access to correct this issue or is it merely a bug?

you can disable the GUI with the numpad DEL key... the guages disappear..then you can change out your crewman in the aft torpedo room.. then numpad DEL to re-enable the GUI

kstainsb
02-05-23, 06:53 AM
Hello! New user here. I've got SH3 installed, latest version 1,4,0,1. When I try and install the mod, I select the install folder, and it returns message "ATTENTION - No original <<SilentHunter3>> game by UbiSoft(c) was found here!
But the game is installed, and runs fine without the mod.

Can anyone help?

Vielen danke!

Kevin.

Aktungbby
02-05-23, 03:16 PM
kstainsb!:Kaleun_Salute: in the very unlikely event of "no timely assistance", a PM to everhelpful blackswan40 will help get U squared away!:up:

Aktungbby
02-05-23, 03:20 PM
shamanscott!:Kaleun_Salute: after a 6 year 'silent run'...from a fellow Minnesotan!:shucks:

blueduck
02-06-23, 01:53 PM
Hello! New user here. I've got SH3 installed, latest version 1,4,0,1. When I try and install the mod, I select the install folder, and it returns message "ATTENTION - No original <<SilentHunter3>> game by UbiSoft(c) was found here!
But the game is installed, and runs fine without the mod.

Can anyone help?

Vielen danke!

Kevin.
Hi kstainsb,

please read the installation manual carefully and follow the instructions!

Regards
Blueduck

shamanscott
02-07-23, 06:26 AM
shamanscott!:Kaleun_Salute: after a 6 year 'silent run'...from a fellow Minnesotan!:shucks:

Yes.. I am back after a long hiatus... I saw this LSH3 2022 mod on the Subsim forums and had to check it out. I must say, I'm addicted to this game ...again ! lolz

I run between this and SH4 Dark Waters Monsun which I also enjoy. To further my addiction I watched Das Boot, Directors Cut for the 85th time.. lol German of course with subtitles... the English dubbed version is not authentic IMHO .. hehe

"LOOK ! It's Thomsan's Boat !! " :)

Happy Hunting !!!

Yes, I'm still running on this 2013 Acer laptop... LOLZ

Archive1
02-08-23, 12:18 AM
Blueduck:
I did upload a long email to your PM address , but it bounce. Please send me a more clear email address....please?
Archive1

Jonny-Dog
02-09-23, 10:49 PM
Has anyone made DGUI Hardcore work with LSH3?
I tried to use it. Seemed fine at first, but lost many keyboard commands and camera in command room was a bit strange.

Jonny-Dog
02-20-23, 12:35 PM
Here is a fix for the annoying notepad problem at hydrophone station:

Open ...\data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini with windows notepad.
Find section [G33 I2] and change the line "Pos=738,767,286,286" to "Pos=1430,550,286,286" and save.

Cheers,
Jonny-Dog

UndrwtrAv8r
02-25-23, 09:01 AM
Hey all, new member here. Purchased the original when it first came out and after watching multiple WWII sub movies this past week while I was sick got me interested in stepping back into the subsim adventure. Unfortunately my gaming laptop doesn't have a dvd player so I purchased SH3 from Ubisoft. After cruising the modding world, I elected to add the LSH3 2022 to the game. Unfortunately, I run into the same issue as Rhodes (page 1) and IamSparticles (page 7). I'm guessing the issue comes from the Ubiconnect portal, although I started the game through the modded executable. Some assistance would be great, because as of the now the game is unplayable.

Aktungbby
02-26-23, 11:01 AM
UndrwtrAv8tr!:Kaleun_Salute:

blackswan40
02-26-23, 11:40 PM
Hi UndrwtrAv8r i'm glad your all sorted with SH3 happy Hunting Sir :Kaleun_Salute:
Regards blackswan40

THEBERBSTER
02-27-23, 09:12 PM
Hi Guys
I had a PM requesting this mod which I thought might also be of interest to some of you.
LSH3-2022 Swastika Flag on own U-Boat (https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5t5m3jgg7mp4xn/LSH_Svastika_flag_own_u-boat_and_all_german_ships.rar/file)
Peter

Aktungbby
02-28-23, 12:04 AM
I C U R out and about good sir!http://33.media.tumblr.com/d85c12549d94112dc0ec9ced2084eca7/tumblr_nk6p2mbhzl1rpco88o1_400.gif:Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1
04-04-23, 10:10 PM
A query:
Am at December 1940, after 18 patrols, a very good record...but before starting patrol 19, have to ask...why have I not been upgraded to a VIIC sub? I would think successful sub commanders would take some precedence over others, and the VIIC was coming on-line rather early in 1940.
Now what the program does regarding these upgrades I have no idea; or at least what it takes into consideration in automatically doing so.
Not a dramatic problem. am comfortable with the old VIIB, but then...
Archive!

blackswan40
04-05-23, 12:35 AM
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2830449&postcount=2

Archive1
04-05-23, 10:54 PM
blackswan:
Thanks. I do note that a program icon shows that the VIIC came on-line rather early in 1940...maybe that needs changing.
I started out in Flotte II, VIIB, where I was assigned to Will'haven after the 'test' patrols to learn the sub, then later to Lorient where I am still based.
I think you are saying that after the end of 1940 I need to request transfer to Kiel for some 'test' patrols in the VIIC, and then can request transfer back to Flotte II and Lorient, or do I need to transfer to one of the other squadrons...maybe to Flotte VII at La Rochelle?
Interesting how carefully you have worked all this out. Impressive.

blackswan40
04-06-23, 01:29 AM
Hi Archive1 i'm only a small member of the LSH2020-2022 Team the group as more talented members than me im just a grease monkey I did write five single and multiplayer missions for LSH2022 also when theres any queries on the LSH2022 Subsim forums i try and help people when ever you would like to upgrade your Uboat from a Type II to a VIIB or VIIC they have tobe available also if you have already joined the 1st Flt ect then you have to transer back to the Erprobungstele training flt Upgrade your Uboat to a VIIB-C then retransfer back to 1st flt. ect

kongovsfuso142
04-06-23, 02:44 PM
Any new reports on LSH3 2023?

Kongo.:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute :

Archive1
04-08-23, 12:31 AM
blackswan:
Just returned with VIIB `from patrol 19 on 5 Jan to Lorient with accumulate 200,000+ tons total record.

I believe I was told that the VIIC would be available after 1 Jan 1941 and there was a need to 'train' for the sub upgrade via the Erpobung...route - either Danzig or ...? OK, makes sense.

So when returned to port, Lorient, chose "Transfer" (desk phone) to Erpobung...(whatever) to "train" for upgrade to VIIC...and got this message: 'the base was changed to :(null)" and the whole program crashed to desktop.

BTW:I aborted the last 19th patrol since a freighter took 6 (yes, 6) torpedoes and 40 rounds of deck gun rounds and was still doing 1 knot/hour - not realistic, so something was not right and I went home to Lorient.

This is not encouraging regarding quality programming.

Now what? Nineteen patrols down the drain? Yes I know, it's just a game, but ...

blackswan40
04-08-23, 01:00 AM
Hi Archive1 sorry to hear of the campaign crashing did you make a backup of your campaign folder V2C default name

Also did you try to reload your campaign with the commander mod or just using LSH2022 loading in patrol 19 in base before mission or patrol 18

would be worth a try Sir.

YellowFin
04-08-23, 02:53 PM
Thank you for a new edition of this wonderful super mod!

I did a fresh install of SH3 from Steam and then of LSH 2022 into C:\Games and I did follow the installation instructions to the best of my knowledge.

The first test run in the naval academy, as recommended by the instructions went fine. I closed the game and activated a few mods with JSGME and I applied a few HSIE-Fixes - basically all of them except the ones that specifically refer to a different super mod.

On the second start up with SH3 Commander everything went smooth until I was in the main menu. I noticed that the mouse pointer wouldn't move beyond about 80% of the horizontal extent of my screen on the left side. The GUI of SH3 shows fine and the resolution is fine on the entire screen, however the mouse pointer wouldn't go all the way to the left.

Any idea what mod or fix could cause this?

Edit: Also the bottom 20% or so are "unreachable" for my mouse pointer. To the top and all the way to the right where my second screen is works fine. The mouse pointer then leaves SH3 and I could activate other windows.