04-09-19, 07:01 PM
This looks like a game you can spend many hours enjoying. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Jotte
04-10-19, 01:33 PM
Thanks for posting this video. Very informative. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
It's at the top of my list now.

THEBERBSTER
04-10-19, 03:42 PM
Looking forward to this release at the end of the month although I am not aware of what the price is going to be?
Like Wolfpack this an in depth sim and quite complex.
I like the idea that in 2019 there will be 2 up to date sims, currently catering for the multi player and single player.

The YouTube tutorial has been very useful and I thank you for that Taff rather than just the over views that have been available to date.

It will be useful to see a range of different tutorials as to how the different processes work.

I was hoping that there would be a pdf tutorial which would explain some of the relevant features.
This is something that Wolfpack has done ahead of its release.
Peter

Bonfleck
04-10-19, 05:08 PM
I'm so jealous of those who get 1st crack at this one! It looks so awesome! DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME AVAILABLE ON A MAC OR CONSOLE FOR THOSE OF US THAT DON'T "PC" ANYMORE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Paajtor
04-11-19, 04:05 AM
Another video, from right after the NDA got lifted:

https://youtu.be/-Kd3ujB1HxU

Elphaba
04-11-19, 12:04 PM
Yesterday’s video from one of these beta’s said there is no manual TDC.

Searched the forum; no results.

Anyone have clarification?

LtCmdrRat
04-11-19, 02:34 PM

It's semimanual, you collect data using stadimeter, set AOB, you use watch to define the speed and you identify the target by using the ship identification book. When you collect all these data you can launch torpedoes

LtCmdrRat
04-11-19, 02:41 PM

And you probably will have possibility to use periscope divisions to define all parameters to launch torpedo according periscope 's heading (works on short distance only 450 -850 m). It's not implemented yet but Marek said that it's short time work to make this feature available. He asked to remind him about it 2 weeks before release

Elphaba
04-11-19, 05:22 PM
Ok, well, that's better than what I've seen.

The player just clicked a button and then a bar slowly filled up, and when full it signalled that the solution was complete and he just flooded a tube and clicked fire.

No grey matter involved. :k_confused:

I'm guessing it's an option? Or was it because he was in a 'tutorial' of some kind?

Sailor Steve
04-11-19, 06:07 PM
Looks fantastic! I like the way it's laid out, and the way you interact. Very realistic feel to that.

Negative:

Nice looking bow wake, but no propeller wake? That just looks wrong.

While I like seeing so much of the crew, the whole Experience Points thing is a game-killer for me. Designers keep adding stuff that is fine for gamers but kills the Sim aspect, at least for me.

The opening scenario looks like fun, but a sunken ship is sunk, not floating along waiting for you to come steal stuff. I hope the other scenarios are more realistic. But...other scenarios? Sorry, but the same old "Attack and Sink Ships" may be boring, but that's what they did.

Type VII only? I can't criticize that too much, because they're still in development, but given how much they've invested so far in the "First Person" mode, I can't see them doing another type of boat any time soon.

Depending on the release price I might still get it. Some things annoy me, but it still looks like fun, and the details you can apply to your "character" are quite thorough. We'll see how it goes.

Parkera
04-12-19, 02:01 AM
Yeah Ive seen Tafts video on Yt and also the 3 streams from above mentioned TMTC channel.

Lots to love and hope for and as mentioned still very much in development. One thing Im not keen on is the research function and how thats implemented.

But still looking forward to seeing how it goes and tempted to buy for sure.

italianmarine
04-12-19, 02:47 AM
Looks fantastic! I like the way it's laid out, and the way you interact. Very realistic feel to that.

Negative:

While I like seeing so much of the crew, the whole Experience Points thing is a game-killer for me. Designers keep adding stuff that is fine for gamers but kills the Sim aspect, at least for me.

The opening scenario looks like fun, but a sunken ship is sunk, not floating along waiting for you to come steal stuff. I hope the other scenarios are more realistic. But...other scenarios? Sorry, but the same old "Attack and Sink Ships" may be boring, but that's what they did.

Type VII only? I can't criticize that too much, because they're still in development, but given how much they've invested so far in the "First Person" mode, I can't see them doing another type of boat any time soon.

Depending on the release price I might still get it. Some things annoy me, but it still looks like fun, and the details you can apply to your "character" are quite thorough. We'll see how it goes.

Sorry, but the sunken ship in the opening scenario is on the ground. The stuff which was looted, were crests floating. There are videos were you see clearly that a diver is going to the wreckage. Don`t know what you mean it is not realistic.

Parkera
04-12-19, 02:50 AM
Sorry, but the sunken ship in the opening scenario is on the ground. The stuff which was looted, were crests floating. There are videos were you see clearly that a diver is going to the wreckage. Don`t know what you mean it is not realistic.

I think its most likely the fact that a diver from a Uboat would dive to the bottom of the Nth Sea to a wreckage. Very much doubt this would be realistic or dare I saw possible.

italianmarine
04-12-19, 02:58 AM
I think its most likely the fact that a diver from a Uboat would dive to the bottom of the Nth Sea to a wreckage. Very much doubt this would be realistic or dare I saw possible.

ok regarding this, I don`t know if it was really possible from an U-boat and if it was historically correct.

What we know is that the game will not be really a Sim. I am confident that modders will make it more simbased. :-)

bstanko6
04-12-19, 04:27 AM
Uboat participated in many different types of missions. Not just patrols. It's possible they did dives. This is just the demo so I think it's ok for now. I want to know how to get historical flags!

Sailor Steve
04-12-19, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize it was aground. When I say "not realistic" I have to answer with another question: How many u-boats looted sunken ships? Did u-boats carry diving suits? If the answer to either of those is "no" then it's not realistic at all.

All that said, it still looks like fun and I'm still thinking about getting it.

Pisces
04-12-19, 04:06 PM
Negative:

...Rule of subsims: No submarine game shall ever be released, ... without complaints made about the propeller modelling. ;)

AKD
04-12-19, 04:28 PM

From what I saw in the videos, it is so implausible as to be downright silly. Not sure what it adds at all. Would much rather see boarding a disabled ship, seizing intel, scuttling the ship with explosive charges (something else to acquire and manage in port) then having to make a decision on what to do with the crew (allow to leave in boats, capture, or kill) with different consequences.

Or if the devs insist on the need to make a decision that costs the life of a crew member: you send boarding party to seize intel and bring back to the sub, while intel is being brought back to the sub in the launch, one of your officers remains aboard the disabled freighter to emplace demolition charges. During this time the enemy is detected approaching and you must make a decision to torpedo the freighter with your officer still on board to hide of evidence of the intel seizure. Would also be a handy introduction to torpedoing a very easy target (unarmed and not moving).

JU_88
04-13-19, 05:26 AM
Yeah the diver & looting thing got a bit of flak on the steam forums too, since its not too historical, but IMO its no big deal as its a really tiny part of the game.
Plus You don't HAVE to do it if you don't want to.

Parkera
04-13-19, 05:32 AM
Ive been checking out this guys streams (TMTC) he posts on You Tube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6PkYxY3rChp7vPaUA9shmw) for the game and his latest video (its a long one) covers some convoy action.

Game seems to me as a SH3 player to simplistic in areas but I still like the potential it could have and also there not pretending to be the replacement for SH so accepting the game as it is and the potential its got is where Im at.
Defo want to buy and play with myself and feel it could be a great game to revitalize the subsim genre of games and also the devs do say that they will be making it mod friendly so that as we know can take a game from good to great. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Elphaba
04-13-19, 09:58 AM
Rule of subsims: No submarine game shall ever be released, ... without complaints made about the propeller modelling. ;)

Or flags.

italianmarine
04-16-19, 02:03 AM
Or flags.

Regarding the flags it is a political problem. The original Flags are prohibited in many countries. (even in Germany)
They let you use them only for historically documentaries etc. but we have awesome modders here which will fix the problem for sure.

Hjalfnar
04-16-19, 03:29 AM
From what I saw in the videos, it is so implausible as to be downright silly. Not sure what it adds at all. Would much rather see boarding a disabled ship, seizing intel, scuttling the ship with explosive charges (something else to acquire and manage in port) then having to make a decision on what to do with the crew (allow to leave in boats, capture, or kill) with different consequences.

Or if the devs insist on the need to make a decision that costs the life of a crew member: you send boarding party to seize intel and bring back to the sub, while intel is being brought back to the sub in the launch, one of your officers remains aboard the disabled freighter to emplace demolition charges. During this time the enemy is detected approaching and you must make a decision to torpedo the freighter with your officer still on board to hide of evidence of the intel seizure. Would also be a handy introduction to torpedoing a very easy target (unarmed and not moving).Well, German submarines DID carry such suits. So it is not entirely unrealistic, though actually using them was pretty rare. They were actually intended for hull repairs at sea, but sometimes used for other stuff. I know of at least one case where a sub lost a torpedo and as they were in very shallow waters, the diver went down, attached a chain and they got it back up.

AKD
04-16-19, 08:09 AM
Well, German submarines DID carry such suits. So it is not entirely unrealistic, though actually using them was pretty rare. They were actually intended for hull repairs at sea, but sometimes used for other stuff. I know of at least one case where a sub lost a torpedo and as they were in very shallow waters, the diver went down, attached a chain and they got it back up.

It's not the diving suit itself (and it would be perfectly reasonable for a u-boat crew to use such to effect repairs in certain conditions), but the scenario of its use that is absurd.

A 1939 scenario where your u-boat attempts to abide by prize regulations to secure an important piece of intel is far more plausible, and actually tells a story that fits in the history of the war, while allowing scope for some dramatic exaggeration that doesn't cross the line into absurdity.

Obviously it doesn't make or break the game, but it certainly sets an odd tone.

Hjalfnar
04-16-19, 08:20 AM
Obviously it doesn't make or break the game, but it certainly sets an odd tone.Hm, I don't know...I like it. The mission begins BEFORE the beginning of hostilities between the United Kingdom and Germany. Also, the ship has run aground according to the tutorial description, so it does not lie in deep in the water. If the German Abwehr knows there was something valuable aboard, I think it is absolutely fine to send out a small submarine that most likely nobody would be able to properly identify in the dark of night and try to salvage SOMETHING.

AKD
04-16-19, 09:02 AM
Hm, I don't know...I like it. The mission begins BEFORE the beginning of hostilities between the United Kingdom and Germany. Also, the ship has run aground according to the tutorial description, so it does not lie in deep in the water. If the German Abwehr knows there was something valuable aboard, I think it is absolutely fine to send out a small submarine that most likely nobody would be able to properly identify in the dark of night and try to salvage SOMETHING.

The mission begins on Sept 3 and continues into the night, therefore after the start of hostilities. The ship is described as having been sunk due to "sabotage" (huh?) and you clearly find the location in the middle of the North Sea...at night...in a storm...

Devs need to decide if tone of game is Kelly's Heroes or Das Boot. I'm getting a distinct sense of split personality from recent vids.

Anyways, real history can be just as dramatic, e.g.:

At 21.08 hours on 30 Sep 1939 the neutral Gun (Master J.M. Persson) was stopped by U-3 about 30 miles northwest of Hanstholm. The master came aboard with the papers of the ship, which showed that she was carrying contraband. While the Germans interviewed the master, the vessel suddenly began moving and turned towards the U-boat. Warned by a similar behavior of Vendia earlier that day, U-3 evaded quickly and sent a boarding party of four men, led by WO Lt. Fraatz, aboard at 22.00 hours. Shortly thereafter the U-boat had to dive when a vessel was sighted heading for the stopped ship, this proved to be HMS Thistle (N 24) (LtCdr R.W. Stirling-Hamilton, RN) which was attacked with one G7a torpedo at 22.56 hours. The torpedo missed and the submarine dived shortly afterwards, although they were not aware of the attack. The submerged HMS Thistle passed under the stern of the steamer, not knowing that Germans were aboard and prepared the ship for scuttling. The submarine surfaced after one hour and left the area, encountering the lifeboat with the Swedish crew. They told them to return to their ship as she was still afloat, but in the meantime the seacocks had been opened and scuttling charges were placed. The boarding party left the Gun in one of her lifeboats and were picked up by the Danish steam merchant Dagmar along with the Swedish survivors. At 05.30 hours, U-3 stopped this steamer to take off the boarding party and then went to the drifting Gun to sink her by a torpedo at 09.10 hours.

italianmarine
04-16-19, 09:51 AM
The mission begins on Sept 3 and continues into the night, therefore after the start of hostilities. The ship is described as having been sunk due to "sabotage" (huh?) and you clearly find the location in the middle of the North Sea...at night...in a storm...

Devs need to decide if tone of game is Kelly's Heroes or Das Boot. I'm getting a distinct sense of split personality from recent vids.

Anyways, real history can be just as dramatic, e.g.:

so do you prefer only two types of missions? espionage/infiltration and seek and destroy like in Silent Hunter since it is more historically correct?

I love all of the SH versions but I like that the missions here can vary, as shown in the streams, even though it might not be historically correct. UBOAT is not advertised as Sim, so if the devs like their vision, they should follow it. You know Hardcoresim players like us can`t pretend to much otherwise the game will not appeal to more casual players.

If it will be easy to mod I am more than confident that some modders will make it more historically correct, harder and more simbased.

AKD
04-16-19, 10:20 AM
so do you prefer only two types of missions? espionage/infiltration and seek and destroy like in Silent Hunter since it is more historically correct?

I love all of the SH versions but I like that the missions here can vary, as shown in the streams, even though it might not be historically correct. UBOAT is not advertised as Sim, so if the devs like their vision, they should follow it. You know Hardcoresim players like us can`t pretend to much otherwise the game will not appeal to more casual players.

If it will be easy to mod I am more than confident that some modders will make it more historically correct, harder and more simbased.

As I pointed out, all the same goals and challenges of the tutorial could be accomplished with an entirely plausible scenario, one that would actually give you more opportunity to learn useful aspects of the game, and open up more varied gameplay, especially in the first months of the war.

Dealing with the difficult and sometimes inconsistent orders from BdU regarding observation of prize rules and risking your crew to board ships is a real challenge consistent with the tone of Das Boot or This War of Mine (I believe the devs have directly compared their game to both).

Diving for treasure or blowing the cook's brains out for burning eggs (with no apparent consequences!) is not. This is not a simulation criticism, but a story-telling criticism.

Sailor Steve
04-16-19, 02:38 PM
Rule of subsims: No submarine game shall ever be released, ... without complaints made about the propeller modelling. ;)
:rotfl2:

I'm glad I'm abiding by the rules.

Elphaba
04-17-19, 01:53 AM
Regarding the flags it is a political problem. The original Flags are prohibited in many countries. (even in Germany)
They let you use them only for historically documentaries etc. but we have awesome modders here which will fix the problem for sure.

Thanks for the mansplaining of a point I knew perfectly well.

My humorous point was that someone will always (and did) moan about flags.

Hjalfnar
04-17-19, 09:25 AM
UBOAT might actually stand a chance of being allowed to display the original flag...if the devs decide to go full WW2 crew survival game. Right now there isn't much from that. If they would display how hard, dangerous, nervewrecking and outright mind destroying the service aboard a submarine in WW2 could be, it's very likely Germany would allow the game to display the swastika. I made a video about this very...strange "law" (it's actually a court ruling on Wolfenstein 3D) and they have changed their stance on it more than a year ago. Games that show how life under the Nazis and during WW2 actually was, with all (horrible) details, will be allowed to use nazi symbols. But I fear this might go against the expectations of most players, and possibly the devs because it could reduce sales.

fullmetaledges
04-17-19, 10:00 AM
I believe the comparison of this game to bomber crew is a pretty good one. Both have both historical and non historical aspects, but as a video game bomber crew is pretty fun. I get the point of view from the sim purists, but comparing this game to lets say wolfpack is an apple to oranges comparison. Maybe it's more of a cold waters lite with some crew management thrown in? I myself think it's interesting, because I think the idea of managing sub systems to lets say conserve power is a cool concept. I may play the silent hunter series different that some of you, but between contacts I find myself staring at the map screen a lot and some of the crew management aspects would fill some of that time, even though hand holding your crew is not so realistic.

nihilcat
04-17-19, 12:38 PM
Our own country's law is actually the main concern to us when it comes to flags. We apologize for that part, but our hands are bound here. Flags will just have to be modded in.

von Zelda
04-17-19, 02:38 PM
nihilcat,
I've played sub sim games since Silent Service in 1980's and I still enjoy Silent Hunter 3, best sub sim ever, played since mid 2000's.

I eagerly wait for your UBoat release and I've recently watched several Youtube posters demonstrate the pre-release.

A few early comments from my obsevations:

1) flags on freighters seem to fly forward where I think they should be streaming rearward (opposite of ship's direction). Looks odd to me.

2) torpedo loading is way too fast, SH3 in a realistic mode loads one per 7-12 minutes depending on crew efficiency. T1 steam torpedo can be set faster than the T2 electric and could travel farther, both capable of magnetic detonation under a ships keel, but speed & torpedo running depth are not factored in. I do like how you flood the tubes and preheat the T2's, nice touch.

3) 8.8 deck gun loads and fires too rapidly as well. A well trained crew might be able to fire up to 10-12 rounds per minute.

4) the observation periscope seems to be manned by a crewman nearly 100% of the time when submerged. Scopes were rarely manned & used and only when tracking pray and then only briefly. A raised scope limits underwater speed to 5-knots max. due to vibration and resulting damage, as well as enemy detection. Having 2 scopes sticking out above sea level is something I don't think one would ever see.

Looking forward to the release; it's obvious that a lot of thought and consideration has gone into this game so far.

nihilcat
04-17-19, 11:56 PM
nihilcat,
I've played sub sim games since Silent Service in 1980's and I still enjoy Silent Hunter 3, best sub sim ever, played since mid 2000's.

I eagerly wait for your UBoat release and I've recently watched several Youtube posters demonstrate the pre-release.

A few early comments from my obsevations:

1) flags on freighters seem to fly forward where I think they should be streaming rearward (opposite of ship's direction). Looks odd to me.

2) torpedo loading is way too fast, SH3 in a realistic mode loads one per 7-12 minutes depending on crew efficiency. T1 steam torpedo can be set faster than the T2 electric and could travel farther, both capable of magnetic detonation under a ships keel, but speed & torpedo running depth are not factored in. I do like how you flood the tubes and preheat the T2's, nice touch.

3) 8.8 deck gun loads and fires too rapidly as well. A well trained crew might be able to fire up to 10-12 rounds per minute.

4) the observation periscope seems to be manned by a crewman nearly 100% of the time when submerged. Scopes were rarely manned & used and only when tracking pray and then only briefly. A raised scope limits underwater speed to 5-knots max. due to vibration and resulting damage, as well as enemy detection. Having 2 scopes sticking out above sea level is something I don't think one would ever see.

Looking forward to the release; it's obvious that a lot of thought and consideration has gone into this game so far.

1) I will fix this in a second. It's a good point.

2) This change would potentially affect the balance of the game due to the distance compression on the world map. I will still keep this in mind, we have some things in the motion that could allow us to make such change.

3) Yes, it may need a few seconds of breath. I think it's currently around 5-6 seconds when it's fully crewed. It was sped up unintentionally after changes to the crew system and we haven't verified these numbers again.

4) It's fixed in the latest version.

Thank you!

If you would have more suggestions, please keep them coming.

Hjalfnar
04-18-19, 12:18 AM
Something quite a few people noted on my streams: The Canadian ships have the right flag in the target window on the upper left, but sport the wrong flag on the ships themselves.

Paajtor
04-18-19, 12:56 PM
Another early gameplay vid, this one tries to focus on the 1st person aspect:

https://youtu.be/DgJ9REln5w0

W_clear
04-19-19, 02:52 AM
It would be better to have a popular military band on the dock. Every time a mission is completed and a good return voyage is made, there will be a welcome military band.It's better to have all the crew lined up on deck.

Paajtor
04-19-19, 08:19 AM
Manual TDC:

https://youtu.be/fqFEZ1yGbEQ

fullmetaledges
04-19-19, 08:33 AM
Manual TDC:

https://youtu.be/fqFEZ1yGbEQ

This guy is taking feedback and getting better it’s pretty fun to see. I wonder if his speed error was because the U-boat was moving.

Elphaba
04-19-19, 01:30 PM
This guy is taking feedback and getting better it’s pretty fun to see. I wonder if his speed error was because the U-boat was moving.

Personally, I thought his AOB was off.

Pisces
04-19-19, 04:42 PM
Even the AOB wasn't that much off, I think it was around 105 port. But it did account for the 2nd torpedo to hit near the bow.

I suspect the devs introduced a similar mistake as SH3 had. In SH3 when switching between selected torpedo tubes the gyro angle was not recomputed for the different torpedo speed. You had to set the speed switch to correct.

Here were 2 different torpedoes in the tubes (type 1 G7a and type 2 G7e), but fired at the same time as torpedo speed 30 km/h (1st switch below torpedo tubes). You can see on the overview map that the first torpedo was well in front of the 2nd. Later in the video, after the impact of #2 you can see that the first torpedo was about half as far. Which suggests that it moved with it's maximum speed. It's hard to tell at what lead angle this was fired to. But it sure passed ahead of the target.

Now the question is, can we call this a bug, or a PEBPAC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_error). Did the user need to set the speed selector switch before firing?

Onkel Neal
04-19-19, 05:22 PM
The Flare Path: Topp Drawer (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/04/19/uboat_preview/?fbclid=IwAR2rbP3hj20ZYS_F6qx7ZeIsgaJnzlc8TiUh3pyP AFUpFCPesCl6UKpqKvs)

How humiliating. U-96, a WW2 Unterseeboot on the cusp of greatness, has just been sent to the bottom of the Celtic Sea by a Royal Navy ship named after a hardy perennial. Should I have taken her deeper after disembowelling that freighter with a couple of T2s? Should I have zigzagged more energetically when the boom-barrel deluge began? Perhaps my mistake was not diving the instant the broad-beamed British bedding plant turned in my direction? Attempting to torpedo alerted escort vessels is seldom sensible – you’d think an old Silent Hunter would have remembered that.

fullmetaledges
04-19-19, 05:23 PM
Even the AOB wasn't that much off, I think it was around 105 port. But it did account for the 2nd torpedo to hit near the bow.

I suspect the devs introduced a similar mistake as SH3 had. In SH3 when switching between selected torpedo tubes the gyro angle was not recomputed for the different torpedo speed. You had to set the speed switch to correct.

Here were 2 different torpedoes in the tubes (type 1 G7a and type 2 G7e), but fired at the same time as torpedo speed 30 km/h (1st switch below torpedo tubes). You can see on the overview map that the first torpedo was well in front of the 2nd. Later in the video, after the impact of #2 you can see that the first torpedo was about half as far. Which suggests that it moved with it's maximum speed. It's hard to tell at what lead angle this was fired to. But it sure passed ahead of the target.

Now the question is, can we call this a bug, or a PEBPAC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_error). Did the user need to set the speed selector switch before firing?

I don’t think there is a speed switch like the one on the tdc.

tbaac
04-19-19, 05:28 PM
Following Uboat with interesting.

That first-person orientated video was interesting I thought. It gave the game/sim a different feel. It also made me wish there was an option to have a map that appeared as a chart drawn by the navigator in pencil. Every so often he could plot a new position for the sub, it would help with immersion I think.
Also, not sure how easy it is to move around the sub from one end to the other just to check on things, but without using the external view. It looks possible, hopefully its fairly intuitive.

I watched the manual TDC videos as well. It looked pretty interesting I thought. (back to the sketched map, if you asked a crew member to do the calculations for you, it would be cool if they showed their workings on the map I think...)

Pisces
04-19-19, 06:06 PM
I don’t think there is a speed switch like the one on the tdc.You mean on the real TDC? Apparently there was a device in the torpedo rooms (Gyro Angle receiver) that specifically steered the torpedo gyro's. About 20% down the page:

http://www.tvre.org/en/torpedo-fire-control-system-on-german-u-boats

Or do you mean in this game, or like SH3? Then I don't quite understand what you mean. Because there obviously is a speed selector switch in both games.

fullmetaledges
04-19-19, 07:07 PM
You mean on the real TDC? Apparently there was a device in the torpedo rooms (Gyro Angle receiver) that specifically steered the torpedo gyro's. About 20% down the page:

http://www.tvre.org/en/torpedo-fire-control-system-on-german-u-boats

Or do you mean in this game, or like SH3? Then I don't quite understand what you mean. Because there obviously is a speed selector switch in both games.

I meant I didn’t see a torpedo speed selector in uboat like one that is on an actual tdc. Apparently I just missed it.

Parkera
04-19-19, 08:41 PM
I meant I didn’t see a torpedo speed selector in uboat like one that is on an actual tdc. Apparently I just missed it.

My understanding here in the game that the speed selector though shown is actually not functional same with the torpedo depth

W_clear
04-19-19, 11:53 PM
There was no one on the cargo ship, just like a ghost ship. Why do cigarettes use white?

Paajtor
04-21-19, 10:00 AM
I prefer more ship types first.

This sounds good, btw....let’s hope for some variation and randomisation soon:

https://youtu.be/iDJe4EsYhE8

JU_88
04-21-19, 06:06 PM
Unlike Silent Hunter - MTBs actually have teeth in Uboat :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goM948eCNIQ
@1:46:00

jimimadrid
04-22-19, 12:49 PM
As you can see, the crew can also breath under water as in the silent hunter series. :haha:

https://up.picr.de/35581552ep.jpg

Paajtor
04-22-19, 03:23 PM
and that flag.....??
Will there be an option to only deploy it whenever I give the order?

Also, in one of the latest youtube video's, I think I saw someone using the schnorkel, but the diesels weren't animated as running (allthough the game seems to use them, instead of the e-machinen)

JU_88
04-22-19, 06:18 PM
As you can see, the crew can also breath under water as in the silent hunter series. :haha:

https://up.picr.de/35581552ep.jpg

Kevin Kosner, we meet again :D

oscar19681
04-22-19, 10:18 PM
and that flag.....??
Will there be an option to only deploy it whenever I give the order?

Also, in one of the latest youtube video's, I think I saw someone using the schnorkel, but the diesels weren't animated as running (allthough the game seems to use them, instead of the e-machinen)

The flag can be removed in First person or either by ordering it to be removed. But the radio direction Finder (the circulair Antenna )does stay up when you dive. Looks weird

von faust
04-24-19, 05:07 PM
The speed expressed in Km/h ??? Noooooooo please !!!

red_scope
04-24-19, 08:34 PM

There is an option to change it back to knots or mph as well.

naval_noob
05-09-19, 08:50 AM
So I am in 12 hours into the sandbox mode, been enjoying the game so far. I think they need to work out lots of bugs (time compression, no docking the sub without ramming the dock).

The graphics and water are absolutely beautiful though. I can't wait to check this game out more and more.

fullmetaledges
05-09-19, 08:51 AM
So I am in 12 hours into the sandbox mode, been enjoying the game so far. I think they need to work out lots of bugs (time compression, no docking the sub without ramming the dock).

The graphics and water are absolutely beautiful though. I can't wait to check this game out more and more.

I always just get close to the dock and order all stop.

naval_noob
05-09-19, 08:52 AM

Yeah, you can set the speed distance to whatever you want.

Speed - MPH, Km/h, kn
Distance - Km, Mi, Nm