PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] NORTH ATLANTIC 2004 Campaign

LTJGBeam
07-04-17, 09:11 PM
I have added a new 2004 North Atlantic Campaign to the COLD WATERS Gameplay Mod area. The MOD includes the LA Flt II, LA Flt III, and Seawolf Classes as playable Subs. I used Smokeykane's "Quick and Dirty 688(i)" technique to change the Fairwater Planes to Bow Planes in the MOD for the Flt III and Seawolf.

Jive Turkey started a Live Steam of the 2004 Campaign this morning:

https://youtu.be/4WOEDm74Cxk

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the "Flying Sub" phenomenon that JT encounters at the end of the video? Either in the Vanilla Game or in MODS?

I haven't been able to duplicate it...

LTJGBeam
07-04-17, 09:15 PM
Here are a couple of screen shots:

Los Angeles Flt III with custom Damage Control Tab:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9498

Seawolf with custom Damage Control Tab:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9497

max-peck
07-05-17, 04:35 PM
Good work LTJGBeam - I am enjoying the heck out of this so far :salute:

Cold Waters
07-06-17, 10:22 AM
Thanks for this Campaign, really enjoying it. Great campaigns like this will keep me playing well into the future.:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

LTJGBeam
07-06-17, 12:35 PM
Glad to hear it. I am still working on improving it, and am thankful for the input. Let me know of any bugs you encounter, and any wishlist items you may have.

I know a Russian Campaign in 2004 is a big wish list item, but I want to polish this on first. Then I will look at a Russian Campaign. :)

Aktungbby
07-06-17, 01:11 PM
Cold Waters!:Kaleun_Salute:

Wiz33
07-06-17, 02:18 PM
Read the following in the 1.05b patchnote:

"Number of functional torpedo tubes no longer limited to 6"

Does that mean we'll see 8 tubes in the Seawolf

LTJGBeam
07-06-17, 08:36 PM
Read the following in the 1.05b patchnote:

"Number of functional torpedo tubes no longer limited to 6"

Does that mean we'll see 8 tubes in the Seawolf

Thanks to Wiz33 for bringing this to my attention:

That means I've added Tubes 7 & 8 to the Seawolf for the 2004 Campaign and have uploaded the newest update to the 2004 Campaign MOD.

I also am using this update to improve the "look" of the Seawolf in the MOD.

Seawolf has a Sail forward and stubbier appearance as she is wider than the LA and shorter as well. Because of this I've changed to using the Narwhal as the base model since it has a Sail Forward design too. I also turned off the TB-16 Towed Array/support tube graphic and the WLR-9 on the model to gice her cleaner lines. Let me know what you think.

I've also squashed a few bugs that Jive Turkey has hit in his live streams (I think.) Files should now be completely in sync with 1.05b. I believe the "Flying Dutchman" Ship was caused because my campaign was written during the 1.03 - 1.04 time frame and a couple of files were out of sync. I have not been able to replicate the Flying Sub.

Weapons.txt being synced to 1.05b for example seems to have resolved a couple of glitches I had noticed. An example is you should no longer see a black screen behind the Kotlin Class in the Unit Reference. Syncing weapons.txt to 1.05b resolved that issue.

NOTE: IF YOU LOAD THIS CAMPAIGN MOD UPDATE AND ARE ALREADY PARTWAY THROUGH A CAMPAIGN, YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN AND OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING CAMPAIGN. IF YOU TRY TO LOAD USING A CAMPAIGN FROM THE OLDER VERSION, IT WILL FREEZE THE GAME. I HAVE VERIFIED THIS. SO YOU MAY WANT TO FINISH YOUR CURRENT PLAY-THRU IF YOU ARE REALLY FAR ALONG.

Here's an image of the new Seawolf:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9504

LTJGBeam
07-07-17, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the report on the reload display issue. I can verify that on my PC as well. I am not sure if that is something I can fix, or if KILLERFISH will need to correct it. I can fire all 8 tubes and reload all 8 tubes but tubes 7 & 8 do NOT display the selected weapon when you are selecting what to reload. The game does do the reload animation sequence and display the loaded weapon when the reload animation completes.

Since there are no relooad parms in the .TXT files, we may need to wait for KILLERFISH to correct this. I will do what I can in the meantime. For now I will leave the tube 7/8 active in the MOD.

Thanks again for the reports.

Galaxy_Canon
07-08-17, 06:51 AM
What is the download link? Also, is this compatible with the playable russian subs mode?

Galaxy_Canon
07-08-17, 01:10 PM
One thing I don't know if you're aware of, is when editing the sensors or noise levels of the subs, every 10 is twice as loud is how the game is modeled. In real life, every 10db is 2x as loud to the human ear but every 3db carries twice the amount of acoustic energy.

Flashblade
07-09-17, 06:03 AM
Also got the problem of tube 7 and 8 not reloading correctly. Only it seems to be worse since sometimes the tube doesn't seem to reload at all. I get a message the reload is complete but no weapon is shown in the tube. After that some weapon may appear all of a sudden. Selecting weapons on those tubes and then using them is almost impossible unfortunately.

Also got a TLAM mission and although I struck the target zone with 10/8 missiles it got reported as a failure. The debrief showed variable names instead of the actual information you would expect to see like how many weapons are left, so it seems this is bugged as well.

This is very enjoyable, keep improving this please :yeah:

LTJGBeam
07-14-17, 02:56 PM
Mod Update # 3:
Land War updated to match the Campaign Backstory. Extensive changes to the Campaign Map. All mission orders/events should now refer to Russia/Russian Federation instead of Soviets/Warsaw Pact. Adjusted some mission's number of enemy vessels since there are more capable units in 2004. Still issues with the Tube 7&8 reloads, but we will have to wait for Killerfish Games to address that. I left Tubes 7&8 active on SSN-21.

This Campaign is now relatively finished. I will attempt to address any issues reported, and I will keep it in sync with any patches released. Next up, I'm going to attempt a full blown 2004 Russian Campaign using the knowledge I've gained creating this. It may take a while though...

Keep the bug reports coming. I may have missed a few references, somewhere. :)

Thanks for all the support.

LTJGBeam
07-14-17, 03:03 PM
Also got the problem of tube 7 and 8 not reloading correctly. Only it seems to be worse since sometimes the tube doesn't seem to reload at all. I get a message the reload is complete but no weapon is shown in the tube. After that some weapon may appear all of a sudden. Selecting weapons on those tubes and then using them is almost impossible unfortunately.

Also got a TLAM mission and although I struck the target zone with 10/8 missiles it got reported as a failure. The debrief showed variable names instead of the actual information you would expect to see like how many weapons are left, so it seems this is bugged as well.

Killerfish has reported the official fix for the TLAM and SEAL Insertion mission glitch will be live with Patch 1.06. I think I will wait until the official fix is in, rather than put in the temp fix, and then have to possibly update again when Killerfish's patch comes out.

As KFG said, "Special thanks to Brygun for his tireless testing and feedback which helped identify the underlying problem."

Paul_Jay1
07-14-17, 08:22 PM
I have added a new 2004 North Atlantic Campaign to the COLD WATERS Gameplay Mod area. The MOD includes the LA Flt II, LA Flt III, and Seawolf Classes as playable Subs. I used Smokeykane's "Quick and Dirty 688(i)" technique to change the Fairwater Planes to Bow Planes in the MOD for the Flt III and Seawolf.

Has the 2004 Campaign been removed from Mod Area Download? As I can't seem to find it now

The Bandit
07-14-17, 09:41 PM
Has the 2004 Campaign been removed from Mod Area Download? As I can't seem to find it now

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5258

As far as I know this is it?

LTJGBeam
07-15-17, 01:04 AM

As far as I know this is it?

You are correct. That is the link to the 2004 Campaign.

Hope you enjoy it.

Pytheas
07-16-17, 08:36 AM

hi Flashblade. Check Brygun's post.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232537

goldfish716
07-31-17, 07:54 PM
You are welcome to use my Virginia if you want. It looks quite good, and you can balance it's stats to suit you.

I can send it on the CW discord if you want it.

LTJGBeam
08-05-17, 11:42 PM
You are welcome to use my Virginia if you want. It looks quite good, and you can balance it's stats to suit you.

I can send it on the CW discord if you want it.

Thanks! I am considering adding her, but in 2004 only USS VIRGINIA herself is is In Commission... I'll probably do a limited number available. I will just download the latest PRS Mod since it says your Virginia Class is in there. Thanks for letting us use your spreadsheet by the way, it's a lifesaver. I used it to add the pump jet shroud to my Seawolf Model. Worked really easy. Just a few tweaks and she was ready to go.

When I do add USS VIRGINIA, I will definatetly give you credit for the pump jet design. It is awesome. An ingenious way to use the components provided to accomplish what I thought would have to wait until/if Killerfish opened the game to full 3d Modding. Increases the aesthetics of the mods tremendously. Thanks again for working that out.

LTJGBeam
08-05-17, 11:59 PM
The 2004 Campaign's next update will occur in a week or two. I was on-call at work for the month of July and so have had less time to work on it.

The next update will be adding a 2004 Campaign from the Russian view point. It's taking a bit of time, as I am having to create the US Navy, Royal Navy and Royal Norwegian Navy ships, by modding the existing Russian surface vessels.

Here is an example of the O.H. PERRY Class FFG:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9530

Note the single arm MK 13 Missile Launcher. That was a bit tedious to implement. But I wanted to do more than just rename the soviet ships...

Anyway, more to come...

LTJGBeam
08-20-17, 03:02 PM
Mod Update # 4: Date:08/20/2017
Added USS VIRGINIA-class SSN 774. While only USS Virginia was in commission in 2004, in the interest of playability, I have made all of the Block I SSN-774 available in the 2004 Campaign. I have to thank Goldfish716 for coming up with his Pump Jet technique. It vastly improves the look of VIRGINIA and SEAWOLF (as well as other subs in the mod)!

Tubes 7 & 8 should now be working properly on Seawolf, Akula, and Sierra. Thanks to KILLERFISH GAMES for the fix on that.

Added the UUM-125A Sea Lance to the 2004 Campaigns. While cancelled in reality, in the conjectural WWIII of COLD WATERS, it has been highly requested in the Mod. Thanks to LeopardDriver, The Bandit, and ETR2(SS) here on SUBSIM.COM for supplying the information that got this working completely!

Added the Royal Navy to the 2004 NATO Campaign. Swiftsure-class SSN, Trafalgar-class SSN, Upholder-class SS are playable. Based out of Holy Loch/Falsane.

Updated SSN 21 Seawolf model to add the Pump Jet using Goldfish716's Technique. Thanks again to him for coming up with the technique, and for designing the spreadsheet that make implementing this a breeze.

Added a new RUSSIAN 2004 Campaign that exists alongside the the original campaigns, and the 2004 NATO Campaign. Same back story as 2004 Campaign, but played from Russian POV. Akula I, Akula II, Sierra I, Sierra II, Victor III, Victor II, Alpha class SSN's and Kilo, Tango class SS's are Playable. Home Port is Murmansk, and Opponents are US, UK, and Norwegian Vessels and Submarines (modified from the Russian Surface Ships and Subs, since we can't access the models, but with modifications made using existing components).

All Modded Subs and Ships should now properly display damage when hit by weapons.

This Mod Update has been tested/synced with the 1.07c Beta Update. Please report any glitches encountered.

mcpousnret
08-20-17, 07:55 PM
I installed the 107 c Beta. I also installed the 2004 Campaign and there is no Virginia. What the heck did this un-trainable Masterchief Snipe foul up? Thanks so much for the great Mods. 107 c is a tad buggy, not complaining, it will come out in the wash. Most likely operator error. You guys are the best. Any help would be appreciated.
:salute:

LTJGBeam
08-20-17, 10:36 PM
Please try re-downloading, and installing. When I tried downloading it, I was getting the same issue. I updated campaign and re-uploaded the Mod. Worked when I downloaded just now.

Let me know if it works for you.

Aktungbby
08-21-17, 12:09 AM
mcpousnret:Kaleun_Salute:!

ChaosphereIX
08-21-17, 02:03 AM
great update, nice to see the UK subs in there

however, I cannot reload tubes in my Trafalgar. I hit R, nothing happens...I have plenty of SF in the hold...but nobody seems to want to obey orders and put them in tubes...

LTJGBeam
08-21-17, 08:30 AM
great update, nice to see the UK subs in there

however, I cannot reload tubes in my Trafalgar. I hit R, nothing happens...I have plenty of SF in the hold...but nobody seems to want to obey orders and put them in tubes...

I was unable to duplicate this this morning. Can you give me a little more detail? Campaign or Mission? I will attempt to duplicate this evening after work.

mcpousnret
08-21-17, 03:24 PM
Re-loaded as instruction. Ops normal, USS Virginia on station and currently on patrol. I actually feel sorry for those Rusky Bastards. Thanks again LtJg Bean.

Masterchief sends

LTJGBeam
08-21-17, 04:25 PM
Re-loaded as instruction. Ops normal, USS Virginia on station and currently on patrol. I actually feel sorry for those Rusky Bastards. Thanks again LtJg Bean.

Masterchief sends

Very well, Master Chief. Carry on.

ChaosphereIX
08-22-17, 05:28 PM
well I can now reload torpedoes in the Trafalgar, but now my game crashes every time I try and classify a Sierra II or something similar

this happens every time, I cannot scroll past the Sierras when attempting to classify or the game will crash

LTJGBeam
08-22-17, 05:32 PM
well I can now reload torpedoes in the Trafalgar, but now my game crashes every time I try and classify a Sierra II or something similar

this happens every time, I cannot scroll past the Sierras when attempting to classify or the game will crash

I have never seen that. I will attempt to duplicate when I get home. Mission? Or Campaign?

ChaosphereIX
08-22-17, 05:56 PM
campaign

although, as of 5 minutes ago it didnt do it

strange

LTJGBeam
08-22-17, 10:22 PM
campaign

although, as of 5 minutes ago it didnt do it

strange

Didn't happen on first two attempts, third time it did. Tracked it down to the SIERRA II being named wp_ssn_akulu2 in the summary file for the campaigns. Apparently my fingers are not as dexterous as my brain; or vice-versa. Corrected and re-uploaded. That appears to have resolved it. Thanks, and please let me know if you encounter anything else.

Mod Update # 4a: Date:08/22/2017
Hot Fix to resolve an intermittent crash when attempting to classify SIERRA II in the Campaign. Thanks to ChaosphereIX for reporting this.

Also renamed the Mod to 2004 Campaign (NATO and RUSSIAN).

The mod started out as Seawolf, Los Angeles Flt II & Flt III and grew from there. The Title had gotten long and confusing.

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5258

ChaosphereIX
08-25-17, 09:25 PM
another issue - game freezes on post battle screen. Happened more than once.

First mission on Russian side in a new campaign, sank the Ula. Left battle. Then screen with no text or images. Nothing. Game froze.

I find this is a problem in both 2004 and Captain's More Subs mod. Russian side campaigns are just broken in this regard, I dunno what the problem is. Have encountered it many times in both mods. NATO campaigns seem to be fine.

LTJGBeam
08-28-17, 01:09 AM
another issue - game freezes on post battle screen. Happened more than once.

First mission on Russian side in a new campaign, sank the Ula. Left battle. Then screen with no text or images. Nothing. Game froze.

I find this is a problem in both 2004 and Captain's More Subs mod. Russian side campaigns are just broken in this regard, I dunno what the problem is. Have encountered it many times in both mods. NATO campaigns seem to be fine.

That is really confusing. I made the 2004 Russian Campaign by cloning the 2004 NATO Campaign (which is the 1984 Campaign cloned) and then modified Missions and Event Text...

I will see if I can duplicate this as well. Maybe there is some thing changed in 1.07c that I missed sync'ing.

vicj
08-29-17, 06:24 PM
having probs with 2004 mod downloaded it and cant get the game to work at all now ive deleted the game and reinstalled it but still cant get it to run any ideas

goldfish716
08-30-17, 02:13 PM
Glad to see some of the duct work and such working for you.

I recently added that little ramp to the Virginia and Seawolf sail. It is pretty sweet --made out of a dozen or so TASM canisters set at different angles. You are welcome to use that if it suits you.

LTJGBeam
09-01-17, 05:31 PM
having probs with 2004 mod downloaded it and cant get the game to work at all now ive deleted the game and reinstalled it but still cant get it to run any ideas

Can you tell me which 2004 Campaign you were attempting to run, the 2004 NATO or 2004 RUSSIA? Usually a full clean install solves any issues.

Does the Single Missions screen still load fully? Are there 12 Missions, with the last being TEST NATO SHIPS?

Are the original 1984 and 1968 Campaigns available in addition to the 2004 Campaign and 2004 Campaign - Russia?

Does the Unit Reference work?

Additional details may help me resolve this.

LTJGBeam
09-01-17, 05:35 PM
Glad to see some of the duct work and such working for you.

I recently added that little ramp to the Virginia and Seawolf sail. It is pretty sweet --made out of a dozen or so TASM canisters set at different angles. You are welcome to use that if it suits you.

Yes thanks for giving me permission to use the ducts! The spreadsheet is a great tool! I gave you credit in the UNIT REFERENCE for your work on the ducts. The VIRGINIA, SEAWOLF, and others boats appearances were greatly improved using your technique. BRAVO ZULU to you!

I'll take a look at the sail fairing on your Virginia. I guess I'll have to download the latest version of the Playable Russian Subs again.

Thanks again for your efforts.

bandit484
09-02-17, 12:07 AM
with the new 107d update out now will this mod work with it, or do we need to wait for you to update your mod?

LTJGBeam
09-02-17, 11:05 AM
with the new 107d update out now will this mod work with it, or do we need to wait for you to update your mod?

I believe it will still work. I have been in the process of verifying this yesterday and will do more checking today.

Delgard
09-04-17, 09:01 PM
I play the NA2004 MOD almost exclusively. But since 1.07e came out my torpedoes are very focused on sinking ships that are already sunk. The invasion force mission, especially, takes some organization as to launching salvos. And even the torps after they have passed a sunken ship want to do a 150 degree and go back. I hold the "5" key down to keep the torp from going to the bottom, but then I can't do anything else mission-wise.

Not sure whether it is 1.07e or the mod. I don't have any other mods.

Thanks for reading.

LTJGBeam
09-04-17, 09:58 PM
Have hopefully fixed the game freeze issue. Took a while to replicate it.

Anyway, the 2004 Campaign has been moved to Missions and Maps folder in the Downloads section.

I originally uploaded to the Game Play folder, but when I went to update with the latest patch, it is gone.

Did a search of Downloads, and it is now in Missions and Maps?

Anyways, updated the mod to hopefully fix the mission freeze on entry/exit. Let me know if you continue to have the issue.

Mod Update # 5: Date:09/04/2017
Fix for the intermittent game freeze during a mission or after completing a mission. Took a while to duplicate, but hopefully this is corrected now.

Further improvements to the models in the mod. Tweaked and refined Pump Jets on several sub models.

Finished the Modelling of the Nimitz Class CVN in the Russian Campaign, so now the Carrier looks more like an American CVN. It's a little clunky, but for now it'll have to do.

Made the OHIO-class SSGN Refit playable in the 2004 NATO Campaign, per player requests.

Several mission and ship descriptions corrected for spelling and clarity.

I am investigating other reports and will hopefully have answers on those soon.

Here's some pics of the modded Nimitz class Nuclear Carrier in the 2004 Russian Campaign.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9580

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9581

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1115&pictureid=9582

LTJGBeam
09-04-17, 10:05 PM
I play the NA2004 MOD almost exclusively. But since 1.07e came out my torpedoes are very focused on sinking ships that are already sunk. The invasion force mission, especially, takes some organization as to launching salvos. And even the torps after they have passed a sunken ship want to do a 150 degree and go back. I hold the "5" key down to keep the torp from going to the bottom, but then I can't do anything else mission-wise.

Not sure whether it is 1.07e or the mod. I don't have any other mods.

Thanks for reading.

I will take a look. I have not really made many changes to the weapons files lately, so it may be the 1.07e update. I will play some games in the Vanilla Game and the Mod to see how things are working.

Thanks for the report.

Delgard
09-04-17, 10:41 PM
Thank-YOU!

Was just thinking, if neutral shipping will be coming along, a cargo ship with "Molson Golden", in big letters on the sides, would be cool.

Thanks,

EnjoyableSTIG
09-04-17, 11:21 PM
Wow, those smaller ducts sure look nice... :up:

LTJGBeam
09-05-17, 08:33 AM
Wow, those smaller ducts sure look nice... :up:

Thanks! I finally had the time with the Labor Day weekend to finish experimenting with all the Parameters in Goldfish716's excellent Pump Jet spreadsheet, and was able to swap out the LA and Narwhal props for the smaller Sturgeon prop, and shrink down the Pump Jet Shrouds. End result is much more true to scale.

LTJGBeam
09-06-17, 10:56 PM
Mod Update # 5a: Date:09/06/2017
Hot Fix for typos in mission files. These may be the cause the intermittent game freeze during a mission or after completing a mission. One was in SSBN_PATROL_1 of the Russian Campaign, and may also account for the reported issue with the SSBN Patrol mission not ending correctly.

As always, let me know if any issues occur.

goldfish716
09-07-17, 12:08 PM
Thanks! I finally had the time with the Labor Day weekend to finish experimenting with all the Parameters in Goldfish716's excellent Pump Jet spreadsheet, and was able to swap out the LA and Narwhal props for the smaller Sturgeon prop, and shrink down the Pump Jet Shrouds. End result is much more true to scale.

I started to do that on mine as well, but didn't because I figured the cavitation wouldn't look as good, being too large.

Looking forward to seeing how they look.

Action Stations!
09-10-17, 03:53 AM
Hey LTJGbeam, Great mod. Really appreciate the lengths you have gone to, to bring another dimension to a great game.

Couple of small questions / feedback, maybe others could answer,

If you are playing with the Seawolf Class, embarking on a Seal Team insertion clears out the ability for reloads. This seems to be the same for LA and Seawolf class. Wouldn't the Seawolf, with its larger weapons capacity be able to still carry some weapons?

Secondly, is there any way, if you are assigned the Jimmy Carter, that embarking Special Ops would not eat into your weapons load given that boats modifications?

All in all cant fault the mod really. makes a great game brilliant.

Cheers

LTJGBeam
09-10-17, 12:38 PM
Hey LTJGbeam, Great mod. Really appreciate the lengths you have gone to, to bring another dimension to a great game.

Couple of small questions / feedback, maybe others could answer,

If you are playing with the Seawolf Class, embarking on a Seal Team insertion clears out the ability for reloads. This seems to be the same for LA and Seawolf class. Wouldn't the Seawolf, with its larger weapons capacity be able to still carry some weapons?

Secondly, is there any way, if you are assigned the Jimmy Carter, that embarking Special Ops would not eat into your weapons load given that boats modifications?

All in all cant fault the mod really. makes a great game brilliant.

Cheers
Thanks for the compliment. Glad you are enjoying the Mod.

The "only the weapons in the tubes loadout for SEAL Missions" appears to be hard coded in the core game. Parche and Jimmy Carter's modifications specifically had me look into the issue; there is no parameter that I can set to determine how many weapons are offloaded for the SEAL Mission. So, no way to control that. We'll have to wait for Killerfish to add USS Parche and USS Jimmy Carter to the game for those changes. :)

Delgard
09-10-17, 01:06 PM
Just as a news nut, I don't believe the Parche or JC are physically designed to carry more weapons. They were designed/modified for other technical missions.

It would be nice if those two boats incurred missions appropriate for their configuration. I suspect it would be a mod that supported such missions.

In the end I don't think they really need play. Rather, similar missions be added to the boats at large.

Just thinking on the subject...

LTJGBeam
09-11-17, 01:09 AM
Just as a news nut, I don't believe the Parche or JC are physically designed to carry more weapons. They were designed/modified for other technical missions.

It would be nice if those two boats incurred missions appropriate for their configuration. I suspect it would be a mod that supported such missions.

In the end I don't think they really need play. Rather, similar missions be added to the boats at large.

Just thinking on the subject...

Not designed to physically carry more weapons, but designed with a 100' hull extension tailored for "oceanographic research"... :)

Seriously though, with the hull extensions tailored to special operations/oceanographic research/ocean engineering, they can carry the SEAL teams/research equipment/whatever and etc. without needing to offload all weapons.

That would be why they might be expected to carry more weapons, even with SEALS aboard.

goldfish716
09-13-17, 06:05 PM
I adopted your shroud changes to my subs. It does look better, and the cavitation issue is small. You are welcome to double the prop and add my sail fairing to yours if you like them.

The double prop is quite simple to do yourself.

PropRotationSpeed=-130,-130

MeshPosition=0,0.0029,-0.803
MeshProp=usn_ssn_sturgeon_prop
MeshRotation=0,0,24.715

The sail fairing is a lot of code, like the shroud. It looks sweet though, if you haven't seen it.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/219910748132999168/357661739116003328/image.png?width=400&height=300https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/219910748132999168/357661827611754496/image.png?width=400&height=300

LTJGBeam
09-17-17, 02:27 PM
I adopted your shroud changes to my subs. It does look better, and the cavitation issue is small. You are welcome to double the prop and add my sail fairing to yours if you like them.

The double prop is quite simple to do yourself.

PropRotationSpeed=-130,-130

MeshRotation=0,0,24.715

The sail fairing is a lot of code, like the shroud. It looks sweet though, if you haven't seen it.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/219910748132999168/357661739116003328/image.png?width=400&height=300https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/219910748132999168/357661827611754496/image.png?width=400&height=300

Haven't had a chance to test your fairing technique out yet. On my to do list, as it does give a smooth curve to the fairing.

Your spreadsheet was invaluable to testing the various permutations of the duct. Made it easy to test various size parameters to get a good compromise between duct and cavitation animations. :)

LTJGBeam
09-17-17, 02:29 PM
Mod Update # 6: Date:09/17/2017
Sync weapons, sensors, aircraft, dictionary files for changes in 1.08.

As always, let me know if any glitches have occurred.

Lanzfeld
09-17-17, 04:44 PM
error trying to start new 2004 US campaign with 1.08

LTJGBeam
09-17-17, 06:54 PM
Re-uploaded to correct missing value in dictionary file for WIRES. Thanks to Lanzfeld for the report.

LTJGBeam
09-21-17, 03:18 PM
Mod Update # 6a: Date:09/21/2017
Fixes for changed propeller size on Seawolf and Virginia, other Model fixes for changes in the base models, and a fix for the missing usn_mk45_description in 1.08b.

Thanks to those who reported the missing description file issue. I hope I solved it by copying the file from the default folder. Hate to do that, because then there are duplicates for a file that hasn't been modded from the default and if the default is changed in the future the mod will then be out of sync unnecessarily... But it should solve the issue for now. Once 1.08 is finalized I will see if it can be removed. :)

Rickster1
09-22-17, 01:59 AM
cannot see this mod in download section

LTJGBeam
09-22-17, 12:41 PM
cannot see this mod in download section

It's been moved to Missions and Maps folder in the COLD WATERS Download section.

LTJGBeam
09-22-17, 12:42 PM
Mod Update # 6b: Date:09/22/2017
Fixes for more model changes in the base models in 1.08c. I had to uninstall and reinstall COLD WATERS, update to Beta 1.08c, then add the 2004 Mod to get everything working correctly.

LTJGBeam
09-22-17, 02:40 PM
Mod Update # 6c: Date:09/22/2017 1240
Fixes for Seawolf model due to minor changes in the Narwhal base model in 1.08c. I had to uninstall and reinstall COLD WATERS, update to Beta 1.08c, then add the 2004 Mod to get everything working correctly.

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier today. :(

LTJGBeam
09-22-17, 10:29 PM
Mod Update # 6d: Date:09/22/2017 2220
Fixes for Los Angeles based Flt II & III models due to minor changes in the base model in 1.08c. This should be the last of the subs needing fixing. Next up the Surface Ships. That will take a while, but appears purely cosmetic...

Mod should be pretty stable again. Let me know if issues occur in this thread.

PANCAKEOFDOOMS
10-28-17, 07:53 AM
iv been using the new subs and the throttle controls using the Q & Z keys are really janky can you make it so they go up in 5 kt increments?

Delgard
10-31-17, 08:30 AM
I am not sure this is supported anymore.

Aktungbby
11-03-17, 09:54 AM
PANCAKEOFDOOMS!:Kaleun_Salute:

Mspot
11-15-17, 10:16 AM
I hope the author of the 2004 campaign does not mind that I took his Narwhal designed Seawolf and tweaked the Seawolf specific file to more closely look like an actual Seawolf class submarine. Download the single file, and place it in the folder that the current Seawolf file resides. That's it.

While the look is not precise it is much closer to the actual look and, if I do say so myself, looking pretty good during submarine selection at mission screen as well as while driving it in missions.

All of the credit goes to the original coder(s) and modder(s) of the 2004 campaign. Again, I merely tweaked it to more closely resemble a Seawolf class submarine.

I hope you like it.

EnjoyableSTIG
11-15-17, 10:00 PM
Does this mod still work with the latest Cold Waters version?

ETA: Apparently it does?

Also, that is a really nice model update, I never thought to use the Permit hull but it works really well.

Personal request, can you make the pumpjet shroud smaller by using a smaller propeller model? It may look more "realistic".

Mspot
11-16-17, 03:30 AM
Does this mod still work with the latest Cold Waters version?

ETA: Apparently it does?

Also, that is a really nice model update, I never thought to use the Permit hull but it works really well.

Personal request, can you make the pumpjet shroud smaller by using a smaller propeller model? It may look more "realistic".
I'll look into the shroud when I have some man cave time, but that's probably going to be done best by a hard-core modded. All I did was take existing code and tweak it to more closely resemble the Seawolf class. Without certain textures and models it would be a task ill suited to me. I'm glad you like it.

Mspot
11-17-17, 12:37 AM
iv been using the new subs and the throttle controls using the Q & Z keys are really janky can you make it so they go up in 5 kt increments?

It does, for the most part, until you go from full speed to flank speed. If it does not for the sub you are driving, the next time you are in the appropriate sub-folder for vessels, change the speed parameters. You can also modify, or add if absent, the telegraph speeds. In doing so, you can accomplish, mostly, what you are asking for. That said, some subs were designed with differing speed adjustments so that, for example, when the captain or the X-O called out, say, ahead two-thirds, that incremental speed adjustment would be to 12-knots or 17-knots rather than 15-knots. So, I am guessing that the designers of this game wanted to keep such matters as close to reality as they could.

XenonSurf
11-17-17, 02:31 PM
I have a bug to report:
I have started a Russian campaign, I was sent against subs, I got sunk by a torpedo. Then, a first notifying screen appears saying a Russian sub was sunk. I then click Continue and I get only blank screen parts where normally the text is located, normally I should get here a new mission or the end of campaign summary (if captured or camapaign loss). Impossible to click Continue, I had to kill the game with Task Manager in Windows.

Stupidly I didn't take a screenshot, but I hope this report helps.

Delgard
11-18-17, 12:32 AM
For whatever reason, I don't think 2004 is being supported any longer. LTJG, I have not seen him in 2-3 months.

Capt.Hunt
11-22-17, 03:18 AM
this mod is awesome, although I did notice a couple of minor bugs.

If you abandon ship and are rescued, it doesn't return you to Holy Loch or give you a new ship, you just stay in your crippled sub and move on to the next contact.

Also, it seems that the save function doesn't work.

Aktungbby
11-23-17, 04:26 AM
Capt.Hunt!:Kaleun_Salute:

Capt.Hunt
11-23-17, 06:43 PM
I also found that it now gives medals after every engagement.

LTJGBeam
12-04-17, 09:12 PM
I am still here, but year end is a busy time for me at my real job. Lots of projects finalizing in December. I will take a look and see if I can resolve any of the items reported.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Salvo regards,

LTJG Beam

EnjoyableSTIG
12-05-17, 12:38 AM
Well that's good to see. Can't wait to see your updates!

Delgard
12-05-17, 06:53 AM
Thank-you!

XenonSurf
12-05-17, 07:04 AM
Thank you very much for this in-depth mod

:up:

LTJGBeam
01-02-18, 10:25 PM
Update Date: 01/02/2018 8:09 PM

2004 Campaigns for NATO and Russia sync'ed for 1.09e.

Sorry it took so long, but November and December are busy months at my RL Programming job. Large projects due for the new calendar year.

As always, let me know of any problems discovered.

Capt.Hunt
01-03-18, 03:59 PM
I can't start the campaign.

I selected Seawolf, and then went through the newspaper intro, but it got stuck on the port screen, none of the buttons appeared to cast off, repair/rearm, etc.

Capt.Hunt
01-04-18, 12:08 AM
Ok, I reinstalled the game and tried again and didn't have that problem. However, I encountered another issue, you cannot send damage control parties to the engineroom on the Seawolf. Calling damage control to repair any systems in that space sends them to the reactor compartment

LTJGBeam
01-04-18, 12:12 PM
Ok, I reinstalled the game and tried again and didn't have that problem. However, I encountered another issue, you cannot send damage control parties to the engineroom on the Seawolf. Calling damage control to repair any systems in that space sends them to the reactor compartment

I will have to check that. I made no changes to the Seawolf (or any vessels for that matter) as part of the resync. Killerfish may have snuck something into the vessel files though...

Thanks for the report.

Capt.Hunt
01-05-18, 03:17 AM
ok, I tested it more and I think I figured it out. I think the problem is with the DC diagram itself. Not all systems are located in the compartments that the diagram appears to be pointing them to. For example, the line for propulsion is pointing at the machinery spaces, but clicking on that system sends DC to the engine room.

Wiz33
01-05-18, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the update.

LTJGBeam
01-08-18, 04:42 PM
ok, I tested it more and I think I figured it out. I think the problem is with the DC diagram itself. Not all systems are located in the compartments that the diagram appears to be pointing them to. For example, the line for propulsion is pointing at the machinery spaces, but clicking on that system sends DC to the engine room.

Thanks, I will look at that. I had to create the DC Diagram for Seawolf and Vigrinia by creating the Sub Art, and combining that with the existing hull interiors; then tweaking the interiors. So I may have something misaligned. I can't guarantee I can fix it, since I don't have the exact specs for how Killerfish laid out the diagrams, but that's what trial and error are for...

:)

Advocate0408
01-14-18, 01:38 PM

I had this issue when selecting Ohio, just restarted and it went fine. just a question for the creator, love the work, play your campaigns more than the vanilla, is there any plans for a 726 model?

Aktungbby
01-14-18, 09:30 PM
Advocate0408!:Kaleun_Salute:

Capt.Hunt
01-16-18, 03:22 AM
I had this issue when selecting Ohio, just restarted and it went fine. just a question for the creator, love the work, play your campaigns more than the vanilla, is there any plans for a 726 model?
Due to the way "models" are currently implemented in mods, I doubt we'll get an "accurate" Ohio any time soon. There are a couple of other mods that have attempted them, but they just don't do Ohio justice.

If you don't know yet, models in CW are not yet editable, in order to make all the different ships in mods like this, the authors have to hack together existing models using scripts. The devs said they want to get some DLC subs under their belts first before allowing models to be properly modded in.

Furworm
01-21-18, 12:08 AM
I no longer see this in the download section? Has it moved somewhere else?

Capt.Hunt
01-21-18, 03:24 AM
no, it's still there:

Sniper_Fox
01-25-18, 04:59 PM
I'm stuck in the congratulations screen after I sunk the Kiev. There is no continue button, What am I supposed to do?

LTJGBeam
02-01-18, 04:35 PM
I'm stuck in the congratulations screen after I sunk the Kiev. There is no continue button, What am I supposed to do?

I have not encountered this glitch in my testing, but have seen it reported on several mods. I will see if I can duplicate it and track down what causes it. Someone reported that if you load the Autosave the game continues on properly. You may want to try that in the interim.

Thanks for the report.

XenonSurf
02-01-18, 05:23 PM
I have not encountered this glitch in my testing, but have seen it reported on several mods. I will see if I can duplicate it and track down what causes it. Someone reported that if you load the Autosave the game continues on properly. You may want to try that in the interim.

Thanks for the report.

Hi,
it was some time ago (in v.1.07 I think, not in 1.09), but I remember I also was stucked on a 'blank' screen where there is supposed to be text in it, but it was all blank from top to bottom, and also no Continue icon. I have ended the game with task manager IIRC.

Delgard
02-01-18, 05:35 PM
I had it a couple of three days ago. Just rebooted and did the mission over and it took.

Advocate0408
02-01-18, 07:40 PM
Due to the way "models" are currently implemented in mods, I doubt we'll get an "accurate" Ohio any time soon. There are a couple of other mods that have attempted them, but they just don't do Ohio justice.

If you don't know yet, models in CW are not yet editable, in order to make all the different ships in mods like this, the authors have to hack together existing models using scripts. The devs said they want to get some DLC subs under their belts first before allowing models to be properly modded in.

didn't know that.. sorry for the noob question, I work on 726 every day, currently welding on the ss just hoped there was a way, also any way to throw a gn campaign (mainly land strikes and socom deliveries)?

Capt.Hunt
02-01-18, 11:57 PM
didn't know that.. sorry for the noob question, I work on 726 every day, currently welding on the ss just hoped there was a way, also any way to throw a gn campaign (mainly land strikes and socom deliveries)?
I'm holding out hope that we'll get at least an SSGN Ohio in a DLC at some point.

Wiz33
05-15-18, 10:34 AM
Will we see an update to work with current version?

ChrisTayeb
05-16-18, 06:32 AM
impossible to download it for some unknown reason, I get a php file instead of a .zip/.rar or whatever the mod is supposed to be in.

Wiz33
05-16-18, 10:17 AM
impossible to download it for some unknown reason, I get a php file instead of a .zip/.rar or whatever the mod is supposed to be in.

Worked for me just now. Did you click on the download tap under Navigation?

ChrisTayeb
05-16-18, 08:11 PM
Worked for me just not. Did you click on the download tap under Navigation?

I'll try again later because it actually burned my right to download 😐

LTJGBeam
05-18-18, 09:36 PM
I am currently working on syncing the 2004 Campaigns to the 1.15 version. So the 2004n Campaign will be back, with all the improvements made in the core game it should look pretty good. :)

Wiz33
05-19-18, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all the hard work !!

dil3mm4
06-03-18, 03:05 AM
I have withe screen after start campaign..Someone know how i can fix that?

LTJGBeam
06-04-18, 09:11 PM
2004 Mod Update # 8: Date:06/04/2018
Resync'd for Update 1.15.
Replaced the SEAWOLF and VIRGINIA Models with the official SEAWOLF model released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Replaced the LOS ANGELES Flt II and LOS ANGELES Flt III models with he official models released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Reworked ULA and HAUK Models.
Added SEVERODVINSK (YASEN) Class to both NATO and RUSSIAN 2004 North Atlantic Campaigns).
Cleanup of general campaign files, and general 1.15 sync.

As always, let me know of any problems encountered.

Sorry for the delay, real life programming assignments have limited my hobby time. :)

LTJGBeam
06-06-18, 12:56 AM
Mod Update # 8a: Date: 06/05/2018

Corrected issue causing YASEN CLASS props to not rotate.

More work on the ULA model based on information from someone who served aboard the class.

As always let me know of any issues discovered.

Capt.Hunt
06-09-18, 01:18 AM
it's looking awesome, although I did notice that the news updates and the mission briefs tend to refer to the Russians as Soviets. There must be some references that have not been changed from the 1984 campaign.

In particular, I'm getting missions "off the Soviet coast," but I'm also seeing references to the "Soviet Navy," "Soviet government" and the like.

I hadn't noticed this in the previous version.

LTJGBeam
06-09-18, 08:49 PM
it's looking awesome, although I did notice that the news updates and the mission briefs tend to refer to the Russians as Soviets. There must be some references that have not been changed from the 1984 campaign.

In particular, I'm getting missions "off the Soviet coast," but I'm also seeing references to the "Soviet Navy," "Soviet government" and the like.

I hadn't noticed this in the previous version.

I will double check, I must have missed some text in the copying of the files to resync to 1.15.

Thanks for the report.

Mspot
06-12-18, 06:32 PM
:oops:Nice work.

Problem: I just completed a mission -- last night -- in the Virginia off the Norwegian coast near Bergen. After completing, I clicked through the various buttons in order to proceed to the next phase when, at the last screen shown prior to being released to transit, there was no button to click. No 'Next', 'Okay'. Nothing. Had to alt-F4 out. I opened the game moments ago, went to load the Virginia save file (2004 campaign) and see a beautiful ocean view -- sky, sunrise or sunset, on the top of the image and ocean along the bottom of the image. No buttons, no nothing else.:wah:

[I just opened the game and attempted to do the same with the Seawolf file saved. Same glorious image].

***Never mind. I had attempted a small tweak to one of the playable files. That tweak caused the problems. Problem fixed.*** :oops:

LTJGBeam
06-22-18, 08:12 PM
Looks like the 2004 Campaign is going into drydock again. The latest new update 1.15c will require me to resync the files again. KILLERFISH made some exciting changes...

LTJGBeam
06-24-18, 01:33 PM
Resync'd the 2004 Campaign for Update 1.15d.

All files resync'd.
Updated Ula Class with Harpoon, TASM, and TLAM capability based on input from an Ula Submariner. It also makes Ula able to complete the TLAM Mission in the Campaign, so BONUS!
Added North Atlantic 2004 NATO vs Russia
North Atlantic 2004 Russia vs NATO
to the Quick Mission Selections. All 2004 Campaign NATO and Russian Units now usable in the Quick Mission Editor.

As always, please report any issues encountered.

LTJGBeam
06-29-18, 08:10 PM
Mod Update # 9a: Date:06/29/2018

Updated Ula Class to remove active sonar based on input from an Ula Submariner. Thanks LCDR for your continued help on the Ula. Note: The game didn't like just setting ActiveSonarModel=FALSE to accomplish this (probably because the HUD has a hardcoded button for active mode) so I had to get a little creative. It appears to be working. Let me know if any issues occur.

Fixed a couple of ship name typos in 2004 Russian campaign. This may have been the cause of the blank mission screens in the campaign.

Akula II and Sierra II submarines should properly display now in the signatures panel in the campaign as well.

Added the OHIO SSGN back into the 2004 Campaign as a playable sub.

Added UK and Norwegian Subs to playable subs in Quick Missions 2004 option.

As always, let me know of any issues encountered.

CDR DPH
07-02-18, 08:54 AM
I recently updated NA2004 after reading of an update here a few days ago. I played an entire campaign yesterday.

What's up with this:

Movement on the campaign map to and from missions seems painfully slow. Maybe I'm just impatient to get where I'm going. :-) Is there a setting that can be tweaked to increase onscreen travel speed while keeping mission times reflective of the distance?

More importantly, while moving about the campaign map, I was frequently dumped into additional blind skirmishes both travelling to mission areas from Holy Loch and from one mission to the next. So much so that I often was unable to get to the mission location before that mission time frame expired, my sub was so full of holes that there was more water inside than outside or I had exhausted my weapons to the point that I didn't have enough left to take on the assigned assets that I was there to deal with.

At one point travelling to the Norwegian Straight from The Russian coast I was dumped into 3 sub intercepts (one had 3 aggressive targets) and two surface vessel engagements. Needless to say I was unable to get to the GIUK in time to intercept my assigned targets and in fact had to abandon the next assigned mission to go back and rearm because I had nothing left except rocks to throw at the enemy.

Delgard
07-02-18, 07:22 PM
I don't know if it is good or bad, but I have gone the opposite direction after firing one torpedo towards the initial target. It seems to keep them occupied while I am clearing the area.

I go as deep as I can and at high speed to be able to exit the mission.

I assume my Admiral knows what he is doing when he sends me so far.

I also take more round-about routes to avoid the Soviet coast than I used to.

CDR DPH
07-02-18, 11:01 PM
Appreciate the tips Delgard.

LTJGBeam
07-04-18, 03:27 PM
Mod Update # 9b: Date:07/04/2018
Resync of files for 1.15e.

This update resync's the files to ver. 1.15e. Let me know of any issues encountered.

Also, any additional details on missions preceding a blank mission scenario would be appreciated. I am not 100% sure this issue is resolved, but I haven't had luck duplicating it.

Thanks!

CDR DPH
07-04-18, 10:23 PM
v9b - Went to play mission019 which is supposed to be a tlam strike - it is actually a sub hunt under the ice.

Died once, won once - after ditching the extra weight of the unneeded cruise missiles. :-)

LTJGBeam
07-06-18, 09:19 AM
v9b - Went to play mission019 which is supposed to be a tlam strike - it is actually a sub hunt under the ice.

Died once, won once - after ditching the extra weight of the unneeded cruise missiles. :-)

Ok, I must have a mission text out of sync. I will investigate and correct. Thanks for the report.

MANoWAR.U52
07-13-18, 06:03 AM
In the Yasen class, even when starting at max range, instantly going silent drive, and aiming to go below the layer I am usually detected by surface in the first minutes.

Is this a mod or game specific problem?

Delgard
07-13-18, 07:49 AM
I get the impression that weather, my sub's portrait to the Yasen's sonar, where the layer is and its type, and my initial speed reduction noise all are variables and the Yasen is very proficient at what it does in collecting. I try to take note of those items in the brief and address them before I address the Yasen. I do note the bearing of the initial contact signal.

I also try to move to a significantly different depth after I fire my first shot. I don't know, but I suspect that the Yasen, and others, will fire back at the same depth as my torpedo. Being in shallow waters, that makes thing a lot harder.

If I am not mistaken, my torpedo runs quieter until its activation point, so I try to analytically move that activation point as far away from me as I can. I also try to offset my torpedo route, but that takes additional torpedo travel time and the Yasen can have moved from the spot that I thought it was. If I know it is a Yasen, a two-torpedo spread attack is used, or, one behind the other. This is the same for a Boomer. Actually, on identification, the Boomer gets three torpedoes.

In an initial engagement, I prefer to get myself in a direction of stability before I stalk. It lets my collection systems get a bit more info and for me to develop a best Course of Action.

Patience is a virtue...most times.

CDR DPH
07-13-18, 11:10 AM
Can't speak specifically to your concern as I haven't come across too many surface contacts in my campaign yet. However, in a Yasen, I am getting absolutely slaughtered by Trafalgers and Upholders. Those Spearfish torpedoes are just too much. Big warhead, long run time, way too fast to out run or out maneuver.

In close, I get slammed, even far away I can't make it work. Above a layer or below doesn't matter, not particularly close but my launch results in a least two from each sub in the area and there is no way to beat four Spearfish that I can figure out.

By the time I run really far away (with time compression) and guide my torps back to where the contact(s) were (I can no longer see them and they are no longer on my sonar) the Spearfish are headed towards me in a spread that ensures I will have to deal with at least one or two - even at this distance. Too deadly...

I'm going to have to mod the mod - I just can't win at all after two days retrying the same mission from the autosave. They just can't be allowed to run for 12 minutes at 60 knots-that's almost twice as fast as the Yasen and you can't shake them by dancing. Relentless they are.

LTJGBeam
07-13-18, 11:29 AM
Can't speak specifically to your concern as I haven't come across too many surface contacts in my campaign yet. However, in a Yasen, I am getting absolutely slaughtered by Trafalgers and Upholders. Those Spearfish torpedoes are just too much. Big warhead, long run time, way too fast to out run or out maneuver.

In close, I get slammed, even far away I can't make it work. Above a layer or below doesn't matter, not particularly close but my launch results in a least two from each sub in the area and there is no way to beat four Spearfish that I can figure out.

By the time I run really far away (with time compression) and guide my torps back to where the contact(s) were (I can no longer see them and they are no longer on my sonar) the Spearfish are headed towards me in a spread that ensures I will have to deal with at least one or two - even at this distance. Too deadly...

I'm going to have to mod the mod - I just can't win at all after two days retrying the same mission from the autosave. They just can't be allowed to run for 12 minutes at 60 knots-that's almost twice as fast as the Yasen and you can't shake them by dancing. Relentless they are.

I am noticing the Spearfish is a beast as well in my testing. I may reduce the run time on it a little or lower the number of UK boats in the missions. After all, their really aren't that many. But since the 2004 Campaign has more capable weapons than the 1964 or 1984 campaign it probably makes sense to lower the number of opposing vessels further in the campaign.

Thanks for the report.

LTJGBeam
07-13-18, 11:34 AM
In the Yasen class, even when starting at max range, instantly going silent drive, and aiming to go below the layer I am usually detected by surface in the first minutes.

Is this a mod or game specific problem?

I will look into this. A lot of the USN Skimmer Sonars are custom made for the mod and might need to be balanced versus any changes in the master sensor file ratings.

The other possibility is that since almost every USN Ship has a towed array that may be complicating things for the Russian player.

CDR DPH
07-13-18, 03:39 PM
I did better today against the Spearfish without modifying it's capabilities. It remains imo one of the most formidable weapons I have yet encountered. Too many at the same time and your goose is cooked. One or two at a time can be overcome if the circumstances are right.

You definitely have to give these fish something else to chase. Even if you Tango to the point where you break their lock on your sub, they will reacquire you unless they sniff something else closer than you are.

A moss fired in the direction of a sunken vessel works sometimes assuming I can break the target lock in the vicinity of a suitable moss. If the Spearfish is following the moss and doesn't reacquire me, it will often follow that moss right to the sunken sub and detonate itself. Bing -1 Spearfish.

All this time I have been Jitterbugging with the other one and it ain't giving up and of course I am out of decoys and running out of noisemakers real fast. The Yasen doesn't knuckle as easily or as reliably as the seawolf for example so in a pinch I can't count on making a knuckle and if too close the torp doesn't care, you can see it smile as it chews your propeller. You can't outrun this thing - it closes the distance like a formula 1.

With no moss left I have sacrificed a perfectly good Mk48 but they don't produce the same results as reliably as does a moss. The key to surviving the dance of death with a Spearfish, is giving it something else to hunt. With no other prey, they always seem to find me again. Even when I'm counting down the minutes until it expires, from 1200 feet below it and some distance away running a 5 knots. If I so much as twitch, it breaks away and down it comes and we're off square dancing this time praying it won't be a long swansong... You can get lucky only so many times with this beast.

Forget about using the -/+ 30 ballast trick on this fish.

denis_469
07-17-18, 07:16 AM

In game not made Soviet and Russian anti-torpedo torpedo. First our anti-torpedo torpedo "TT-4" was in 1989 year:
http://sovpl.forum24.ru/?1-4-20-00000051-000-20-0#021
After it Russian sumarines have few more modern anti-torpedo torpedoes. In real live UK torpedo "Spearfish" not problem, so Russian submarines have anti-torpedo torpedoes and modern countermeasuries. If you insert in game anti-torpedo torpedo "TT-4", so you can see that no problem for Yasen submarine.

Delgard
08-04-18, 09:14 PM
I returned to the NA2004 from the SCS and ran into a problem. In the Campaign I did an encounter enroute to my mission. It got stuck on the Mission Update screen at the end of the mission. I eventually went to the Task Manager and closed the program. I then went to my steam account and verified the CW portion and everything was there.

I re-ran the mission and it worked fine.

Then, I got to my actual tasked mission (Narvik Assault) and it did it again. At the Mission Update screen it locked up.

I went back to Steam and verified again and it was 100%.

Those beach assaults take an hour, or so, and don’t want it to happen. Is there something that I should consider?

Thanks

Delgard
08-05-18, 08:03 AM
Re-downloaded NA2004 and it continued.

Revalator
08-13-18, 11:08 AM
went to play the 2004 mod, that I have played many times and got a error about awards.txt not found under campaign's
I removed mod and it worked fine

downloaded mod and same error. so somewhere in the 2004 mod there is a error it seems

Aktungbby
08-13-18, 02:42 PM
Revalator!:Kaleun_Salute:

CDR DPH
08-14-18, 12:34 PM
Revelator,

See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238314

HollandDragon
10-29-18, 01:29 PM
How do i reload my VLS when i am in port with my Yasen, i've just run out of anti ship missiles.

Overkill
10-30-18, 09:08 PM
How do i reload my VLS when i am in port with my Yasen, i've just run out of anti ship missiles.

You should have the option to load them in the lower right hand weapon load out screen. Use the small green up and down arrows next to the weapon's picture.

LTJGBeam
02-12-19, 10:28 PM
Mod Update # 10: Date: 02/12/2019
Fixes missing AWARD.TXT issue.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=cat&id=106

Sorry for the delay on this. Real life work has kept me extremely busy for the last few months.

Heibges
05-25-19, 08:58 PM
Great job, and I'm really looking forward to checking this. This gets me back into Cold Waters in a big way.

Thank you!

Aktungbby
05-26-19, 02:57 AM
Heibges!:Kaleun_Salute:

LTJGBeam
06-30-19, 03:55 PM
Mod Update # 11: 06/30/2019
Upload to correct Damage Control Screen issue. Let me know if the problem continues. It appears something got screwed up/corrupted on the last upload.