PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Campaign Map Waypoints Norweigan Sea

stalintc
06-20-17, 02:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

While working on a campaign of my own for later release, I found it a necessary starting exercise to map out the waypoints, regions and locations which come defined out of the box before moving forwards and creating my own. The file for download here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5244) is the result of that exercise which I hope will help you all to move forwards faster!

The Map has been scaled down to 1560x780 to meet the requirements for accurate marking of coordinates for campaign waypoints and locations which are defined in, waypoints_region.txt, waypoints_sea.txt and campaign_data.txt

I have marked all of the out of the box waypoints, regions and locations for the 1984 campaign files, this has not been verified for the 1968 campaign files, but looks very similar.

This map cannot be used for defining mission locations, this can be done with the out of the box Norweigan_Sea_Charts map.

NOTE: The coordinates for waypoints, regions and location are defined on this map with 0,0 being the centre point. However since you will most likely use this in your favorite image editor to get the waypoints. 780 is the centre point for the X axis and 390 for the Y axis.

For X anything right of 780 will be 1 > 780 anything left will be -1 > -780

For Y anything above 390 will be 1 > 390 and anything below will be -1 > -390

I strongly recommend using an image editor that has "Guidelines" that you can pull down from the rulers.

Hopefully this helps you out.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5244

Berserker
06-23-17, 06:59 PM
Installation path is needed for us dumber ones (ME)..:D

stalintc
06-26-17, 05:28 PM
Oh there is nothing to install here :)

Just put it anywhere you like, you will use this as reference material to create campaign missions! :arrgh!:

max-peck
06-26-17, 06:52 PM
I think it is just a map you can print out or look at to see likely routes of Soviet Shipping

Berserker
06-26-17, 08:07 PM
OOpppsss...