PDA

View Full Version : zyx - Question about your "sim_main.ogg" file

letterboy1
06-15-17, 08:18 PM
Hi zyx, I used your sim_main.ogg file to make sure I was using the "override" folder system correctly - I also made sure to edit the config file accordingly and it worked when I started up Cold Waters. However, I cannot get my own ogg file to work when using the same procedure. I was wondering if maybe I didn't use all of the same audio properties as you did.

From what I could see you used 160 kb/s, 44.1 kHz, 2 channels, and the Vorbis codec. As far as I can tell I matched those settings when I converted my audio file but it still isn't working. Any ideas what I might have missed?

letterboy1
06-15-17, 10:36 PM
I converted the audio file in question to .wav and it started working - not sure why, but now I know I can do it if I really want to (although wav files are much larger). Anyway, I will most likely end up disabling music in-game and use play lists from outside the game (Media Player, Spotify, or something like that).

zyx
06-16-17, 12:25 PM
Im using http://www.audacityteam.org/ for conversion to ogg, its free open source and works great.