PDA

View Full Version : OH II support

Pages : [1] 2

Trevally.
07-10-11, 04:12 PM
This thread is for adding and Q&As or updates :up:

OH II Cerberus ship patch (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20775958/OHII+-+Cerberus+ship+patch.7z)

This patch is for use with OH II and Cerberus62's ship mod.
Install with JSGME anytime after both mods.

Getting CTDs and have a 32bit os vista/win7
See here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1751607&postcount=316

Trevally.
07-10-11, 04:12 PM
reserved

dem
07-12-11, 04:29 PM
Hi will we still get
Mines, nets, icebergs, dolphins, buoys, whales
Open Horizons II Light

Trevally.
07-12-11, 04:47 PM
Hi will we still get
Mines, nets, icebergs, dolphins, buoys, whales
Open Horizons II Light

No Dem - they are not in the light vesrion - nor extra ships.

In the full version, you also get re-worked convoys, taskforces, wolfpacks, linners and traffic.
All these extras may be to much for some older computers and cause low fps. If this happens - use the light version.

With the light version, you do get the re-worked campaign objectives within all 11 campaigns upto 1945 as in the full version

Kumando
07-12-11, 05:00 PM
No Dem - they are not in the light vesrion - nor extra ships.

In the full version, you also get re-worked convoys, taskforces, wolfpacks, linners and traffic.
All these extras may be to much for some older computers and cause low fps. If this happens - use the light version.

With the light version, you do get the re-worked campaign objectives within all 11 campaigns upto 1945 as in the full version

Trevally what was changed in regard to wolfpacks, would you care to explain?

Trevally.
07-12-11, 05:16 PM
The wolfpack numbers and single u-boat were changed to match actual numbers used in the war. (using monthly totals as far as possible)

Their patrol paths were also changed to increase the chance for them to meet and attack convoys, both in the Atlantic and Norwegian Sea.

Kumando
07-12-11, 05:25 PM
The wolfpack numbers and single u-boat were changed to match actual numbers used in the war. (using monthly totals as far as possible)

Their patrol paths were also changed to increase the chance for them to meet and attack convoys, both in the Atlantic and Norwegian Sea.

Awsome :yeah:

Stormfly
07-12-11, 07:00 PM
...why not offering a mine free or mine reduced (skip 75%) "full version" of it ?

Chevelless
07-12-11, 07:43 PM
I have average 30 fps when i start my boat in Brest with out OH2 installed. After reading the introduction, I'm afraid that FPS will drop sharply because of the mine and other extra objectives so untill now I m not sure whether i should download OH2 and start from 1939 in kiel by give up my current career 1943.9.

if there is a version which has no mines/dolphins/bouys/icebergs/whales but with new extra ships/new convoys/new liners, then it will be perfect.

THE_MASK
07-12-11, 11:22 PM
When i look at the ships in the museaum with open horizons 2 enabled the game ctd when i click on the NPS_Tyohei

Stormfly
07-13-11, 06:28 AM
21.09.1939, 60km NNW of "Eastern British Coastal Waters" objective point:

CTD after hearing a dolphin sound in hydrophone... (a bit like the old bug "CTD with enemy sub in hydro" which was fixed some time ago).

Stormfly
07-13-11, 07:03 AM
new vessels still need secondary explosions and burning fire FX sounds added, any news about this :06:

Trevally.
07-13-11, 11:58 AM
...why not offering a mine free or mine reduced (skip 75%) "full version" of it ?

if there is a version which has no mines/dolphins/bouys/icebergs/whales but with new extra ships/new convoys/new liners, then it will be perfect.

:hmmm: Yes, sure guys - I don't see why not.

Would it be better to release a patch that can remove these items from your campaign - rather than a mod without them.:06:

This way - if TDW adds the full OH II to the next version of MO - you can still use it and remove the parts you do not want.

Trevally.
07-13-11, 12:23 PM
When i look at the ships in the museaum with open horizons 2 enabled the game ctd when i click on the NPS_Tyohei

:hmmm: Is this with the light version?

Using the full version - I was able to look at it.
I am getting a CTD when I look at more ships. After I have looked at about 8 ships - ctd:hmmm:

Perhaps one of the ship guys could look at this.:up:

Edit: And this:-

new vessels still need secondary explosions and burning fire FX sounds added, any news about this :06:

Kumando
07-13-11, 02:18 PM
Can PT boats and fishing boats be heard manually on the hydrophone? My SO hears it but when i go in manually i cant hear a thing, is this normal?

Trevally.
07-13-11, 02:53 PM
This will remove:-

Mines
Icebergs
Dolphines

from the OH II campaign mod.

Install with JSGME anytime after OH II(full).
Allow the overwrites (Environment.mis)

You MUST start a new career for the removal to work.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3317)

Stormfly
07-13-11, 04:11 PM

Mines
Icebergs
Dolphines

thanks, frames are up again...

...using the editor, i saw that mines and dolphins are grouped (10xdolphins or 500xfloating mine for example), may it be possible to reduce the ammount inside the groups to maybe 20% of it ?

...this would mean nobody must loose this features completly :hmmm:

THE_MASK
07-13-11, 04:15 PM

Mines
Icebergs
Dolphines

DOWNLOAD (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3317)I like this option , thanks for your hard work :salute:

Trevally.
07-13-11, 05:05 PM

...using the editor, i saw that mines and dolphins are grouped (10xdolphins or 500xfloating mine for example), may it be possible to reduce the ammount inside the groups to maybe 20% of it ?

I will have a look at this tomorrow:DL

I like this option , thanks for your hard work :salute:
:up:

Trevally.
07-14-11, 03:20 PM

20% mines etc:up:

Stormfly
07-14-11, 04:14 PM
THX :up:

...testing

Obelix
07-14-11, 05:20 PM
On sukhoi.ru many reports of what was going on CTD in the Kiel

Chevelless
07-14-11, 10:33 PM
In Museum, many additional ships dont have trails on the water surface, and screws of these additional ships are "dead", no waves ,no shadows, even some of these additional ships start to sink once I clicked their name and view them. Flags frozen and low detailed. a ship cause CTD once i clicked its name.

All these strange things occur when a clean SH5 with OHII installed.

I think there is still a great room for improvement.

Stormfly
07-15-11, 03:54 AM
...found a "AODMadMax/Stormfly/Steelviking TroopTransport" docked in a british Harbor without any textures

...by opening the editor, i got 3 missing ships of the platforms library:

- KSCSN3SA1 from country Croatia
- KMSSHogIsland country Germany
- KSCSN3SA1 from Venezuela

saw this problems with the full/without mines/reduced mines versions of OHII campaign.

Stormfly
07-15-11, 04:09 AM
thx again for the new 20% off version of OHII... but:

the mine fields have a ammount of 20 now, that is not 20% of the old value but ithink it is better for performance, having a small chance to hit one.

the dolphins arent reduced, they have still a group size of 10, which can lead to a CTD by to much stress of the sound system if hearing them together in a vector using the hydrophone, (20% of 10 means 2 dolphins :know::D).

Stew U-582
07-15-11, 04:50 AM
Hi guys,

Gear Mod ive realy been enjoying it.

Just a quick question for now. Is it possible to take out
an enemy ships searchlight with the deck or flak Gun ?

Thanks

Rongel
07-15-11, 04:59 AM
Yes, looking ships at the museum causes CTDs. I think there is something wrong with the roster entries, I'm seeing countries that weren't supposed to be in the mod, like FreeSweden, FreeBelgium... So there isn't any flags for them either (I added additional flags to the mod, but not to these countries).

Thanks Trevally for the reduced mines/icebergs/dolphins option! :DL

Trevally.
07-15-11, 06:20 AM
...found a "AODMadMax/Stormfly/Steelviking TroopTransport" docked in a british Harbor without any textures

saw this problems with the full/without mines/reduced mines versions of OHII campaign.

RE: ships (textures, flags, floating)
Im sorry, but I know very little about these things.
We should post these in the "imported ships" thread and perhaps Steel, Rongel etc can have a look.

RE: Editor - platforms library
This is caused when the ships cfg file (sea folder) does not match the name.cfg in the roster folder.
So something has changed these files.
Can you post your mod list or try with only OH II installed.

When I get home later - I can upload my Sea/Roster folders as they are correct for this issue.

Trevally.
07-15-11, 06:35 AM
thx again for the new 20% off version of OHII... but:

the mine fields have a ammount of 20 now, that is not 20% of the old value but ithink it is better for performance, having a small chance to hit one.

the dolphins arent reduced, they have still a group size of 10, which can lead to a CTD by to much stress of the sound system if hearing them together in a vector using the hydrophone, (20% of 10 means 2 dolphins :know::D).

:haha:
I should have guessed you would have notiuced this Stormfly:O:

Ok - here is the reason.
IN OH II full - we have used mine fields - 20, 30, 100, 200 and 500
To reduce the numbers - I removed all 100, 200 and 500s and changed them all to 20s. I did this to make the process easy. Where I did this I spaced the mines out 500m with rows of 4x5.
This should give nearly the same coverage, but with reduced reasources used.

For the reduced dolphines and ice - I just removed about half of them.
I did this again to save time as these also need paths etc.
As for the CTD - are you sure this is caused by stress and not the same bug as the uboat in hydro.

If it is a stress CTD - I will reduce dolphine pod sizes as you are requesting:up:

THE_MASK
07-15-11, 06:36 AM
tDW New ui \data\roster\names cfg

Trevally.
07-15-11, 06:36 AM
On sukhoi.ru many reports of what was going on CTD in the Kiel

Can you post a link please Obelix. Thanks:up:

Trevally.
07-15-11, 06:40 AM
Yes, looking ships at the museum causes CTDs. I think there is something wrong with the roster entries, I'm seeing countries that weren't supposed to be in the mod, like FreeSweden, FreeBelgium... So there isn't any flags for them either (I added additional flags to the mod, but not to these countries).

Thanks Trevally for the reduced mines/icebergs/dolphins option! :DL

Hi Rongel - I think TDW has added to his UI mod that when this occurs a defult (red/black) flag is shown instead.
I have seen this in the museum.

Re: options
Thanks Rongel - If anyone has requests (that are easy to do:O:) I will look at adding these as an option in the download I have already posted.
So feel free to make requests/suggestions:up:

Trevally.
07-15-11, 06:44 AM
tDW New ui \data\roster\names cfg

Sober - are you saying that the name.cfg in TDWs Ui is different from the one in OH II.
My one is the same, but I had been making patches as we were testing.
If this is the case then OH II must be after TDWs UI.

@TDW - if this is so (sorry I cant check as I am at work)- can we look to use the same name.cfg:DL
Thanks

THE_MASK
07-15-11, 07:03 AM
In the oh2 names cfg there is that NPL_Hap=AOTDMadMax/Stormfly/SteelViking Big modern Passangership

Stew U-582
07-15-11, 07:27 AM
I installed TDW UI after OH2 and got the problem of the black passenger
ship but when I tried TDW UI first then OH2 2nd the ships are OK.
Not sure if that relates to your prob but after that change ive been
playing and havnt had any problems or CTD's. Allthough ive noticed
a drop in fps while in the port areas but its no prob hanging around 20
then upto 30 in unpopulated areas. I have antilag limited at 30 anyway.
Im using the full version of OH2 not lite.

Here is my modlist if it helps or if anybody is interested. Ive spent
a lot of time mucking around with Mods and ive found this combo
very good but its a matter of taste I supose.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Accurate German Flags
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
Loading Screens Mod
Radio Mods
No Logo Intro Menu_Animation v. 01.00 by AvM
Shadow Improvement ModLR
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Emtgufs Aspect ratio 16_9forme
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_U-Jagd_Chrono
OPEN HORIZONS II
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7 for TDW Mods
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix
AntiLag
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Patrol Routine Scripts v. 01.02 by AvM Updated bt stu
Krauters Automated Scripts (v5_0_0 compatible)
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (normal version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 BrighterNights V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (temperate and polar) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch
IO_StrategicMap_4_4_for_TDWv660&MO
IO_MapCourseLine_sharp pencil_mod new
German U-Boat Internal Routine SFX
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX
SOAN - ship dataNEW
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
sobers realistic hydrophone operator SH5
SubFlags_0_0_6_byTheDarkWraith
TDW User Options
Stus_No_Doppler_Effect

Trevally.
07-15-11, 11:47 AM

Hi Stormfly,

I have been looking into this and you have me puzzled.
I have no Croatia in my roster
I have no hogisland in Germany roster
I have no KSCSN3SA1 in Venezuela roster.

Is is possible that you have had a mod in the past that has left these behind:hmmm:

I will download original version again and duble check this.

Stormfly
07-15-11, 02:38 PM
If it is a stress CTD - I will reduce dolphine pod sizes as you are requesting:up:

as for the troop transport or liner, i ask who had his hands last on the textures...:O:

regarding the dolphin sounds, iam pretty shure about a sound stress issue :)

Trevally.
07-15-11, 05:19 PM
regarding the dolphin sounds, iam pretty shure about a sound stress issue :)

Mines (reduced to max 20)
Icebergs (reduced to max 3)
Dolphines (reduced to max 3)

Trevally.
07-15-11, 05:25 PM
as for the troop transport or liner, i ask who had his hands last on the textures...:O:

:hmmm: Don't know

Can you fix it:06:
I saw it tonight - all black

ustahl
07-15-11, 07:00 PM
Hi Trev,:salute:
I've had problems avoiding CTDs at beginning of missions, so I put OH II as the last mod, and now it's running stable.
Strangely though, when leaving Brest for The Black Pit (wolfpack mission) there is not a single ship in or outside the Brest harbour area, except for 2 Uboats in the neighbouring bunkers. The area is totally empty. FPS very high (of course, since nothing for the hardware to chew). It's the same with mines, ice & dolphins enabled or disabled - no difference.

Further ahead along the route to the mission patrol area there is some enemy traffic, and also the occasional fellow Uboat heading westward. I sank a British small merchant and continue westward. So OH II's mission traffic itself around the Atlantic seems OK, but life/traffic around the harbour area seems nuked, dead. During the mod testing phase this was not so.

I started a separate mission out of Brest with the same mod loadout but without OH II, for comparison. Harbour traffic was there, as normal. But when I added OH II (new campaign) harbour traffic vanished.

Thought I'd mention this.

Stormfly
07-15-11, 07:13 PM
:hmmm: Don't know

Can you fix it:06:
I saw it tonight - all black

regarding the imported ships textures, this is a bit complicated...

Zedi want them to be more or less all grey to fit in wartime convoy`s

SteelViking want them as functional as possible regarding shadow map`s

I for myself also like shadow maps but want them in a wider different color range but still old and rusty, having a good performance and mem frindly (smaller file, higher dxt compression)... some time ago i`ve send a version to a mate, but did a mistake with it as it lost all colors by to much compression... iam not shure if i have my original still somwhere on my HD.

...on the other hand, ithink SteelViking was responsible for the last touches of it, maybe he will look into it.

Stormfly
07-15-11, 07:51 PM
now i renember...

yes, i asked SteelViking if he can compress the ship textures to get more performance and less mem drain... it seams that this DXT5 compression wont run on some systems and/or some ships :06:

...testing the uncompressed texture version from his 1.1 Imported Ships package atm.

edit: both versions render correct if entering the museum !

...but funny is, it render correct now after watching it in the museum and fireing up the campaign savegame directly after the museum visit. :yep::doh:

edit: (its not rendering correctly in campaign, if you only load the museum and not the ship) it seams we reached the end for 2GB/32bit systems and/or 512MB video ram cards :D... because if you load this ship using the museum, you make shure that the texture is loaded into mem correctly, so it may be that other textures will fail to load then.

...i saw some textures of the ships pack still in uncompresset format (4times bigger), so if working on that this may give some more room regarding video mem.

i kindly ask other modders if they used bigger sized textures for their mods, so we can maybe also save here and there some performance and mem regarding video.... il be better silent now when i think about SDBSM :O:

Trevally.
07-16-11, 04:20 AM
Hi Trev,:salute:
I've had problems avoiding CTDs at beginning of missions, so I put OH II as the last mod, and now it's running stable.
Strangely though, when leaving Brest for The Black Pit (wolfpack mission) there is not a single ship in or outside the Brest harbour area, except for 2 Uboats in the neighbouring bunkers. The area is totally empty. FPS very high (of course, since nothing for the hardware to chew). It's the same with mines, ice & dolphins enabled or disabled - no difference.

Further ahead along the route to the mission patrol area there is some enemy traffic, and also the occasional fellow Uboat heading westward. I sank a British small merchant and continue westward. So OH II's mission traffic itself around the Atlantic seems OK, but life/traffic around the harbour area seems nuked, dead. During the mod testing phase this was not so.

I started a separate mission out of Brest with the same mod loadout but without OH II, for comparison. Harbour traffic was there, as normal. But when I added OH II (new campaign) harbour traffic vanished.

Thought I'd mention this.

Thanks for the feedback ustahl:salute:
I will have a look at The Black Pit and see what has happened.

Trevally.
07-16-11, 04:25 AM
now i renember...

yes, i asked SteelViking if he can compress the ship textures to get more performance and less mem drain... it seams that this DXT5 compression wont run on some systems and/or some ships :06:

...testing the uncompressed texture version from his 1.1 Imported Ships package atm.

edit: both versions render correct if entering the museum !

...but funny is, it render correct now after watching it in the museum and fireing up the campaign savegame directly after the museum visit. :yep::doh:

edit: (its not rendering correctly in campaign, if you only load the museum and not the ship) it seams we reached the end for 2GB/32bit systems and/or 512MB video ram cards :D... because if you load this ship using the museum, you make shure that the texture is loaded into mem correctly, so it may be that other textures will fail to load then.

...i saw some textures of the ships pack still in uncompresset format (4times bigger), so if working on that this may give some more room regarding video mem.

i kindly ask other modders if they used bigger sized textures for their mods, so we can maybe also save here and there some performance and mem regarding video.... il be better silent now when i think about SDBSM :O:

Thanks Stormfly,
Anything you guy can do to fix this would be great:salute:

Trevally.
07-16-11, 04:45 AM
As ustahl reported - there are no docked ships in Brest harbour for the campaign "Black Pit"

See here for the fix.:up:
Download fix here (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20559377/Black_Pit_harbour_fix_for_OH_II_full_7z)

Install after OH II (full) using JSGME

Stormfly
07-16-11, 09:40 AM
As ustahl reported - there are no docked ships in Brest harbour for the campaign "Black Pit"

See here for the fix.:up:
Download fix here (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20559377/Black_Pit_harbour_fix_for_OH_II_full_7z)

Install after OH II (full) using JSGME

...you only delivered the project file, is it nessesary to open the editor and save the project (Black Pit`s mission files are all generated new then) or isnt that nessesary... i ask because for the enviroment options you delivered a mission file.

Trevally.
07-16-11, 09:48 AM
...you only delivered the project file, is it nessesary to open the editor and save the project (Black Pit`s mission files are all generated new then) or isnt that nessesary... i ask because for the enviroment options you delivered a mission file.

When a campaign loads - it is controlled by the project file.
It has mission layers set to load up.

The mission layer (playerbases.mis) was already in the campaign folder, but the project file was not telling it to load.
The new project file will so we want to update that file only:up:

Stormfly
07-16-11, 10:05 AM
thx for that info :)

zebidie
07-16-11, 11:33 AM
First up a big thank you to the team for this fantastic mod. I only got the game a few days back and have been having a blast. I really appreciate all the hard work that folks have been putting into making these mods for the community.:salute:

I've been having two issue and wonder if I've missed some important thing regarding Open Horizons 2 or maybe my mod order (I suspect the latter though I have spent so much time reading about different mod versions and load lists my head is spinning).

The first issue is that I'm often not getting credit for sinking some ships. I just sank a Cimmaron tanker then shortly after a troop transport I think it was a SteelViking Big Modern. Both went down but nether triggered the sinking ship marker on the map or left a note in my log. Other ships in their respective convoys did count.

The other issue is that although my patrol mission states that I need to sink 20,000 tons of shipping - South Western Approches (Yes I'm that new). The white bar seems to be filling up as if I had to sink the 100,000 as in the unmodded patrol orders.

I'm sure I've just done something silly but would greatly appreciate any assistance.
Thanks

#My Mod List#
Shadow Improvement Mod
nVidia missing lights
Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Critical hits v 1.2
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Kriegsmarine Regular Style
MightyFine Less Annoying Footsteps 1.0
OPEN HORIZONS II
OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sleet For Winter Campaigns V2.1

TheDarkWraith
07-16-11, 11:39 AM
The first issue is that I'm often not getting credit for sinking some ships. I just sank a Cimmaron tanker then shortly after a troop transport I think it was a SteelViking Big Modern. Both went down but nether triggered the sinking ship marker on the map or left a note in my log. Other ships in their respective convoys did count.

How are you determining that you're getting credit for them? What does your captain's log say (click the captain hat in the top right lower bar)

zebidie
07-16-11, 12:04 PM
How are you determining that you're getting credit for them? What does your captain's log say (click the captain hat in the top right lower bar)
Thanks for the reply TheDarkWraith.
Seems the only place its being noted is in the captains log.
My patrol tonnage wasn't credited, no marker was added to the map and no info being written to the message log in the bottom right corner of the screen. Other ships like the Hog Island freighters that were in the same convoys reported normally with markers/messages and tonnage credited.
Strange behaviour indeed. :88)

Trevally.
07-16-11, 02:26 PM
Hi zebidie,
I am glad you are enjoying SH5
I have also noticed that sometimes the new ships do not show as a kill on the map.
I did think that they counted towards the objectives:hmmm:

Re: campaign objectives - here is how they work.

This image shows the objectives for the part you are on.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6281/objectives.jpg

This shows the conditions required to count towards the objectives.
Target Identification - sets where you can sink target ships. Note, they can be from one port to another or in the set map zone.

Here is the set map zone
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2695/southwestern.jpg

When this is looked at in you game it looks like this
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9753/maparea.jpg

The ship you talk about is here in the roster:-
[UnitClass]
ClassName=NPL_Hap
UnitType=103
AppearanceDate=19390516
DisappearanceDate=19470101
DisplayName=AOTDMM/Stormfly/SV Big modern Passangership

Note it is a unit type 103

It can also be seen in the roster names.cfg:-
NPL_Hap=AOTDMadMax/Stormfly/SteelViking Big modern Passangership

Also from the roster file is the unit type:-
;Merchant ships
Type100=Replenishment
Type101=Tanker
Type102=Cargo
Type103=Troop Transport
Type104=Coastal Vessel
Type105=Life Raft
Type106=Survivor
;Type107=Rare Tanker
Type107=Z ships
Type108=Rare Cargo ship
Type109=Rare Troop Transport
Type110=Environmental

So you can see that it is a trooptransport (103) and listed as a legit target for that objective as long as it is within the map circle or from one of those nodes.

0rpheus
07-16-11, 03:16 PM
This mod looks absolutely fantastic, will it work with Magnum Opus? :salute:

zebidie
07-16-11, 03:40 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed post Trevally!
Sadly I dont think that was the issue as I was well within the mission area on both occasions. I went back to my saves to check and took screenshots:

Cimarron Tanker
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3/tankerv.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/tankerv.jpg/)

Troop Ship
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1218/troopship.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/troopship.jpg/)

Just to test I resank both convoys and this time they left sinking markers and messages in the log. Maybe closing down the game and reloading it helped. The tonnage counter didnt update though, even after sinking 40,000 tons of shipping in the designated area by the end of the patrol the bar only filled up about 20%.

Maybe the issue has nothing to do with the OH2 Mod and I dont want to derail this thread with my ramblings. Could you PM me if there are any glaring mistakes in my mod soup?

Trevally.
07-16-11, 04:48 PM
This mod looks absolutely fantastic, will it work with Magnum Opus? :salute:

Yes, it should work with MO.
Install OH II (http://http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182964) last in your mod list:up:

Trevally.
07-16-11, 04:57 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed post Trevally!
Sadly I dont think that was the issue as I was well within the mission area on both occasions. I went back to my saves to check and took screenshots:

Cimarron Tanker

Troop Ship

Just to test I resank both convoys and this time they left sinking markers and messages in the log. Maybe closing down the game and reloading it helped. The tonnage counter didnt update though, even after sinking 40,000 tons of shipping in the designated area by the end of the patrol the bar only filled up about 20%.

Maybe the issue has nothing to do with the OH2 Mod and I dont want to derail this thread with my ramblings. Could you PM me if there are any glaring mistakes in my mod soup?

Thanks for this feedback zebidie.
Yes - it looks like this needs more testing.
Im not sure this is anything to do with OH II, as you suggest.

Could be something with the new save sunk ships in TDWs UI:hmmm:

Re:mod list.

Shadow Improvement Mod
nVidia missing lights
Critical hits v 1.2
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Kriegsmarine Regular Style
OPEN HORIZONS II
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1 **this may stop the nav buoy bell, dolphine and ice sounds**

Your list looks ok with only a possible sound issue.
You should check TDWs sound editor and check this Sh.sdl

parazaine
07-16-11, 05:08 PM
I tried OHII full again with the remove dolphins etc patch and i'm getting ok framerates (down to 24-27 in kiel but i can live with that) but the imported ships are bobbing up and down in the water too much and i get a reproducible ctd everytime i approach the kiel harbour entrance (just past the lighthouse)

This is my mod loadout...if there are any glaring problems, please let me know

[E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

d3d_antilag101
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Original map colors
stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_0_byTheBeast
Compatible Conus00's Graphic Mod+SV's work
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Old Style Explosions V1.1
OPEN HORIZONS II
Dark_Interior_V1
Depth_Dependent_Hydrophone_1.0.0
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
Torpedo Splash
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Stormys_DBSM_SH5_v1.3_optional_scary_creaks
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot patch
Trevally Tutorials - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)
AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_New_radio_messages_German
Sh5EnvModGold
stoianm EnvNights for MO
Remove mines-ice-dolphins from OH II full
Remove Flare Fix

Please note OHII lite works with no CTD's of any kind but the erratic imported ship behavior is still present

REALLY confused now about OHII, TDW's New ui's and Irai order.....i put them in the order stated in the OHII thread but you seem to be saying the post before mine is ok with Irai before OHII?????

THE_MASK
07-16-11, 05:14 PM
It must be mods because i have restarted the campaign (Yes new campaign , not just in port ) over 10X and no ctds . Try putting OH2 just before Remove mines-ice-dolphins from OH II full and start a new campaign .

Trevally.
07-16-11, 05:20 PM
I tried OHII full again with the remove dolphins etc patch and i'm getting ok framerates (down to 24-27 in kiel but i can live with that) but the imported ships are bobbing up and down in the water too much and i get a reproducible ctd everytime i approach the kiel harbour entrance (just past the lighthouse)

This is my mod loadout...if there are any glaring problems, please let me know

d3d_antilag101
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Original map colors
stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_0_byTheBeast
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
OPEN HORIZONS II
Dark_Interior_V1
Torpedo Splash
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith<<<OPEN HORIZONS II after this
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Sh5EnvModGold
stoianm EnvNights for MO
Remove Flare Fix

Please note OHII lite works with no CTD's of any kind but the erratic imported ship behavior is still present

Thanks parazaine:salute:

Try changing your mod list as green above.

Can you post a SS of the map view where the CTD happens.
@Obelix - is this the same issue you asked about.

RE: imported ship behavior
What you discribe here is odd as the light version has no imported ships.
The no ctd with light, suggests that the issue is ship related and not campaign.

Trevally.
07-16-11, 05:22 PM
It must be mods because i have restarted the campaign (Yes new campaign , not just in port ) over 10X and no ctds . Try putting OH2 just before Remove mines-ice-dolphins from OH II full and start a new campaign .

Thanks Sober:salute:

@parazaine - moving it to where sober suggests would be best

0rpheus
07-16-11, 07:03 PM
Yes, it should work with MO.
Install OH II (http://http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182964) last in your mod list:up:

Awesome! Made my day, thanks :D

parazaine
07-16-11, 08:12 PM
Thanks parazaine:salute:

Try changing your mod list as green above.

Can you post a SS of the map view where the CTD happens.
@Obelix - is this the same issue you asked about.

RE: imported ship behavior
What you discribe here is odd as the light version has no imported ships.
The no ctd with light, suggests that the issue is ship related and not campaign.

Will try the change to the mod order you suggest and get back to you.

parazaine
07-16-11, 09:38 PM
I tried putting OHII after New UI's 6_6_0 and got ctd's upon entering the bunker after starting a new career so I assume you meant before it but after stormy's dbsm mods.

I also realised that my remove flare fix was based on an old unmodified zones.cfg file and so was incompatible with OHII full and removed it.

I'm not sure about SH5ENVGold either as this seems to overwrite the sql file that i seem to remember being mentioned as important so i removed that as well and replaced it with a different env mod.

The result is the following mod list which works with no ctd's and frame rates of 24 fps minimum whilst in kiel (jumps up to the max determned by my d3d antilag about where it was suggested it would...i.e about 30-40 km away from Kiel).

d3d_antilag101
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Original map colors
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
Dark_Interior_V1
Torpedo Splash
OPEN HORIZONS II
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (light) V2.1

I also noticed the Buoy's sounds which i hadn't heard before...anyway, it seems to be working. I may need to figure out how to do another flare fix mod but having looked at the zones.cfg file for OHII, I can't find what lines of code to change.

Thx for the help and i hope my efforts may help others to get a working mod order. I havent had much time to test it so will report back if i have any further problems.

As far as the imported ships behavior goes, they still seem to be bobbing up and down more than they should and more than the vanilla ship types..not enough to be a game-breaker but it may point to another issue....I cant guarantee its a problem with the lite version of OHII as I obviously had incompatibility issues when testing that version. I also have flashing textures but i've had them all along, also not a game breaker when not using outside views.

p.s what are those planes? I dont recognise the type.

Trevally.
07-17-11, 05:48 AM
The result is the following mod list which works with no ctd's and frame rates of 24 fps minimum whilst in kiel (jumps up to the max determned by my d3d antilag about where it was suggested it would...i.e about 30-40 km away from Kiel).

I also noticed the Buoy's sounds which i hadn't heard before...anyway, it seems to be working. I may need to figure out how to do another flare fix mod but having looked at the zones.cfg file for OHII, I can't find what lines of code to change.

Thx for the help and i hope my efforts may help others to get a working mod order. I havent had much time to test it so will report back if i have any further problems.

As far as the imported ships behavior goes, they still seem to be bobbing up and down more than they should and more than the vanilla ship types..not enough to be a game-breaker but it may point to another issue....I cant guarantee its a problem with the lite version of OHII as I obviously had incompatibility issues when testing that version. I also have flashing textures but i've had them all along, also not a game breaker when not using outside views.

p.s what are those planes? I dont recognise the type.

Thanks for reporting back parazaine:salute:
Im glad you got your list sorted and can now play without ctd.:yeah:

Yes moving OH II to after Stormfly's sound mods will give you the bell sound.

The bobbing ships is something I hope get fixed soon. I think Rongel may be working on them. Im sure SteelV will also when he gets back home.

We are looking at taking them out if they are causing too many problems.
I realy hope this does not happan as I think the extra ships in port add a lot to the feel of the game.

The German bombers are from a random group command so could be one of these:-
JU 88
Junkers Ju 290
Ju 87 Stuka

TheDarkWraith
07-17-11, 07:29 AM
The bobbing ships is something I hope get fixed soon. I think Rongel may be working on them. Im sure SteelV will also when he gets back home.

We are looking at taking them out if they are causing too many problems.
I realy hope this does not happan as I think the extra ships in port add a lot to the feel of the game.

They act like they do because of their 'zombie' state. Un-zombie them and they work fine but then FPS tanks.....

Trevally.
07-17-11, 09:26 AM
They act like they do because of their 'zombie' state. Un-zombie them and they work fine but then FPS tanks.....

Thanks for the info TDW

0rpheus
07-17-11, 10:10 AM
One further question - would it be possible to add the light mod, then the reduced mines/dolphins etc mod after it to get the eye candy without the extra (somewhat fps killing) traffic?

Trevally.
07-17-11, 10:33 AM
One further question - would it be possible to add the light mod, then the reduced mines/dolphins etc mod after it to get the eye candy without the extra (somewhat fps killing) traffic?

Some things to try if you are suffering from low fps with OH II (full)

1st
What other mods are you using?
Some graphics mods will effect you fps too. Check your list and think if you can remove them. (these mods can be hard to give up as they can be your favs due to better graphics:D)
If you use MO - try the reduced shadow addon that is within patch2.

2nd
Lower you shadow setting in the main options page.

3rd
Try OH II (full) with reduced mines etc (career re-start required)

4th
Try OH II (full) with removed mines etc (career re-start required)

5th
try OH II (light) (career re-start required)
This one is your last chance with OH II. But this option WILL work as it uses the same requirments as the stock game. If your stock game runs ok - so will this as only campaign objetives have been changed and the extra campigns added upto 1945.

would it be possible to add the light mod, then the reduced mines/dolphins etc mod after it to get the eye candy without the extra (somewhat fps killing) traffic?
Sorry 0rpheus, this will not work as there are no dolphines etc in the light version to remove.

Trevally.
07-17-11, 10:42 AM
If ports are peoples biggest fps killer - I could make another update for the reduced mines etc to reduce the ships in port.

Ustahl reported yesterday that TheBlackPit campaign had no ships in port and as a result had high fps.

0rpheus
07-17-11, 10:47 AM
Some things to try if you are suffering from low fps with OH II (full)

1st
What other mods are you using?
Some graphics mods will effect you fps too. Check your list and think if you can remove them. (these mods can be hard to give up as they can be your favs due to better graphics:D)
If you use MO - try the reduced shadow addon that is within patch2.

2nd
Lower you shadow setting in the main options page.

3rd
Try OH II (full) with reduced mines etc (career re-start required)

4th
Try OH II (full) with removed mines etc (career re-start required)

5th
try OH II (light) (career re-start required)
This one is your last chance with OH II. But this option WILL work as it uses the same requirments as the stock game. If your stock game runs ok - so will this as only campaign objetives have been changed and the extra campigns added upto 1945.

Sorry 0rpheus, this will not work as there are no dolphines etc in the light version to remove.

Yeah I figured that out just after posting: there's no environment files for the reduced mod to alter lol. I did wonder whether it'd be feasible to take the applicable environment files from the full mod, add them to the light one and then modify with the reduced. I'm more keen on the idea of icebergs and dolphins etc than I am on having a huge amount of port traffic. ;)

I've tried full but it dropped my (antilag max=40) fps from 40 to 20ish with mega stutter. Reduced mines put that back up to about 30 but still stuttered quite heavily; render ahead=4 in antilag made it almost tolerable but just not quite. Any higher and the input slowdown will start to get too noticeable. In game shadows are set to medium, and I am using the reduced shadows LR mod. Using Reduced, time compression max dropped from 8100ish with no OHII to 5500ish (forget the exact numbers now).

Now running lite with zilcho stutter which is great. Am I really missing out on much if I use Lite and lose the extra traffic? I did enjoy the planes flying over out of Kiel (only one I've tried so far) and the extra port traffic, but not the stutter!

Don't suppose there are separate mods for things like dolphins? A more 'living' ocean would be a dream come true alongside this campaign. :)

Full (current) mod soup list:

Magnum Opus_0_0_1
Magnum Opus v0_0_1
Magnum Opus Patch 2
MoraleMod
Critical Hits 1.1 Torpedos
Arclight MRP
Mightyfine Less Annoying Footsteps 1.0
OpenHorizons II Light
Shadow Improvement ModLR

All variations on OH installs will be the same as this list, just replace Lite with Full/reduced as appropriate. Placement of shadow improvementLR doesn't seem to affect adversely. PC specs: 4gig ram, 2x 5770, core i5 @ 3.6g.

Thanks for all your help! :salute:

Trevally.
07-17-11, 12:10 PM
Added a 3rd option to the reduce/remove mod.
Reduce ships in your port by 50%.
This may give you a fps increase:up:

new career start required for reduction to work.

0rpheus
07-17-11, 01:20 PM

What can I say! Absolute legend! :D

That's done the trick. Subpen's still clunky but not bothered by that, soon as you're in the sub it's butter smooth with the 50% port ships & 20% mines mods. Will see how it goes and may drop the 20% mod if it stays this smooth... for now though I'm going to blast through the campaign - I've spent 2 days modding SH5 and am itching to have a proper playthrough.

Will report back any bugs to help the project, only one so far is the hilarious light shafts shining out of faces in the subpen, but that's OM I think and I can live with it. ;)

Thanks a ton (or several thousand, if all goes to plan hehe)! :salute:

Stormfly
07-17-11, 01:49 PM

i dont know if its only me, but plz check St. Nazair port traffic (no single docked ship, no traffic), in all versions because i didnt testet St. Nazair with the non reduced version (saw that in Western Approaches).

Trevally.
07-17-11, 02:28 PM
What can I say! Absolute legend! :D

That's done the trick. Subpen's still clunky but not bothered by that, soon as you're in the sub it's butter smooth with the 50% port ships & 20% mines mods. Will see how it goes and may drop the 20% mod if it stays this smooth... for now though I'm going to blast through the campaign - I've spent 2 days modding SH5 and am itching to have a proper playthrough.

Will report back any bugs to help the project, only one so far is the hilarious light shafts shining out of faces in the subpen, but that's OM I think and I can live with it. ;)

Thanks a ton (or several thousand, if all goes to plan hehe)! :salute:

Glad that is working better for you:yeah:

i dont know if its only me, but plz check St. Nazair port traffic (no single docked ship, no traffic), in all versions because i didnt testet St. Nazair with the non reduced version (saw that in Western Approaches).

Thanks Stormfly - i will check that:up:

Trevally.
07-17-11, 03:16 PM

Fix for all Med harbours where no extra ships had been added.
This fix now replaces the black pit fix and should be used by all using the full version.

Sorry - again a career re-start is required for fix to take effect.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20565397/harbour+fix+for+all+campaigns+from+OH+II+full.7z)

Stormfly
07-17-11, 03:46 PM
Fix for all Med harbours where no extra ships had been added.
This fix now replaces the black pit fix and should be used by all using the full version.

Sorry - again a career re-start is required for fix to take effect.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20565397/harbour+fix+for+all+campaigns+from+OH+II+full.7z)

Hi Trevally,

is this installed before the optional 50% harbor ships mod, and of course need the 50% harbor ships mod also an update ?

Trevally.
07-17-11, 04:02 PM
Hi Trevally,

is this installed before the optional 50% harbor ships mod, and of course need the 50% harbor ships mod also an update ?

Hi Stormfly

This is only for the full version without any reduction updates.
The 50% harbour one still needs to be updated.

So - so for we have had to fix the full OH II twice.
This ship harbour fix, fixes both the black pit .pj file and the missing ported ships in the med.
Everyone using OH II full without any reduction mods needs this update. (http://www.gamefront.com/files/20565397/harbour+fix+for+all+campaigns+from+OH+II+full.7z)

Still to do is - update the the reduction mod to add ships to med harbours.
When I have finished - this one will be for fps increase.

Stormfly
07-17-11, 04:11 PM
the question also is, if we need this ship and traffic reduction for small to meduim harbors, because duo to the smaller size of those, the object count, traffic and docket z-ships is allready reduced, so ithink there is allready a good framerate to expect.

Trevally.
07-17-11, 04:42 PM
Fix for the "50% reduced ships in harbour"
This will actually add ships to ports in the Med where they had been missing:D

Stormfly
07-17-11, 05:26 PM
...also good to know, even if you are patched correctly, it could be nessesary after entering the sub`s bridge but still in the bunker, that you make a savegame, restart SH5 and reload it. (this was also nessesary for some systems and configurations without any campaign mod installed).

but iam sorry to say... i did all things right, i also reloaded this savegame, but in St. Nazair (Western Approaches) there is still no traffic and no zombie present.

did that using the last patches including 50% removal, 20% mines. :hmmm:

Stormfly
07-17-11, 06:55 PM
update,

i went through all the project files... this problem is present in "Western_Approaches.pj" only.

Deep Source
07-17-11, 09:04 PM
I playing at 07/09/1939 and i receive multiples radio reports about small convoys at british ports, at stationary speed. This is a expected behavior?

Ps. I receive this message randomly

"error replacing radio contact report's actual speed"

[D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

01. antilag
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Speech fixes and additions (german version)
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
Capthelms Audio+SV Touch Ups
Naights Submarine Textures (internal) V1.1
OPEN HORIZONS II
AirTorpedoes
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 DarkerNights V2.1
sobers talking conning crew mod
Unterseeboot SFX
U-Boat Propulsion SFX
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
Krauters Automated Scripts (v5_0_0 compatible)
IO_StrategicMap_4_3_for_TDWv651&MO
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_Real_Navigation
Church's SHV 1.01 Keyboard Commands v1.1
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - double set - Large plus Flat Style
Nauticalwolf's_Torpedo_Textures_v1.2
nVidia missing lights
noir decks
Equip_Upgrades_AFFOE
tiny! - torpedo mod
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (low)
stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
harbour fix for all campaigns from OH II full

0rpheus
07-17-11, 10:38 PM
Sorry to say getting CTDs with all versions of this, including the new 50% mod, the 20% mod and the Lite version.

CTD's in Coastal Waters campaign, on approaching British coast and on event cam torpedo explosion. :-?

Dropped back to OM for a bit, will keep an eye on the mod tho. :salute:

Zedi
07-18-11, 12:34 AM
Stormfly, many thanks for your reports.. there was a missing "s" in the pj files. Im fixing all reported bugs and I found out that a wrong version of Turning Point pj was included in the test pack. I apologize for all these errors, but this is expected when you have to deal with so many files. Is the reason why we needed to release a public beta version so we can track down every error and have them fixed in the final release. Many thanks for all who help testing and report back bugs.

I would love to hear some feedback on the campaign objectives/requirements too. Are the new requirements ok, too low or still too high? How is the traffic, how hard or easy is to find new targets?

0rpheus, if your getting ctd even with the light version, than is not much we can do. The light version has only the campaign objectives changed, the rest is the stock campaign and have nothing extra added. Maybe a fresh install of SH5 can help.

0rpheus
07-18-11, 01:51 AM
That's quite alright, I may roll back to lite and have another go as I'm still getting CTD's with just OM. Drives me mad, have a fairly decent pc but it can't run this for toffee! :hmmm:

Cheers for all your help though!

Magic1111
07-18-11, 04:22 AM
Hi Trevally !

You post many several Downloads (Fixe...etc) on the different pages of this Thread. This is in my opinion a little bit confused.

So is it possible, that you post all current needed Fixe (Download Links) summarized on first post of this Thread ? Then we have one place to look about needed Downloads / Fixe !

Best regards,
Magic

Trevally.
07-18-11, 04:32 AM
@Magic1111

:D
I was thinking the same thing last night.
See post 1:up:

Magic1111
07-18-11, 04:35 AM
@Magic1111

:D
I was thinking the same thing last night.
See post 1:up:

Aaah now I see, many thanks !!! :yeah:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

0rpheus
07-18-11, 11:29 PM
That's quite alright, I may roll back to lite and have another go as I'm still getting CTD's with just OM. Drives me mad, have a fairly decent pc but it can't run this for toffee! :hmmm:

Cheers for all your help though!

Just to say I am retrying OHII Lite after a full reinstall and performance is fine with 50+ fps and no CTD's as of yet.

Would it be possible at some point to make a 'reduced traffic' version at some point in the future? It seems the sheer number of new traffic is a big cpu hog, as with the mines etc. Just a thought, will let you know how Lite goes :)

EDIT: Just seen this: The mod is compatible with TDW UI, install last. The Imported Ships pack mod need to be removed first, this mod have the latest fixes for the new imported ships.

Isn't this ship pack included in OM (which also includes TDW UI)? If so, maybe it's this that causes some of the slowdown?

THE_MASK
07-19-11, 05:37 AM
Ok , i installed OPEN HORIZONS II . Then i overwrote with Remove mines-ice-dolphins from OH II full and 50% reduced port ships from OH II full . I run antilag at 32 FPS and leaving Kiel i get 30fps - 32fps . This is perfect for my system . I have 1 x ATI 5870 downclocked to 5850 specs . No stuttering or any other problems .

Trevally.
07-19-11, 01:26 PM
Ok , i installed OPEN HORIZONS II . Then i overwrote with Remove mines-ice-dolphins from OH II full and 50% reduced port ships from OH II full . I run antilag at 32 FPS and leaving Kiel i get 30fps - 32fps . This is perfect for my system . I have 1 x ATI 5870 downclocked to 5850 specs . No stuttering or any other problems .

:up:Perfect - thanks for posting

0rpheus
07-19-11, 01:42 PM
Just completed the first mission of Coastal Waters ok (after figuring out that you still have to hit the waypoints, even if you've hit your tonnage lol) and all seemed fine. Some really wonky AI behaviour in Kiel on the way back in but as I'm on Lite I'm guessing that's just daft stock AI. ;)

Off to Scapa next!

Trevally.
07-19-11, 02:01 PM
Off to Scapa next!

I just got out of Scapa last night by the skin of my teeth after sinking the BB Nelson.:yeah:

0rpheus
07-19-11, 07:38 PM
Made it through Scapa intact with a few extra destroyers under my belt, got out and got transferred to Wilhelmshaven. Back in the bunker the next mission 'Eastern Coastal Waters' shows up, but with no 'request mission' button to accept it! :06:

0rpheus
07-21-11, 04:30 PM
So, what am I doing wrong? As with my last post, now when I restart OHII Lite, I go out to the first mission of the first campaign - 'Eastern Coastal' or whatever it is.

I patrol around for a bit, the single waypoint I am given expires (previously it was 2 waypoints, or 3, can't remember) and says 'mission complete' whether I've sunk 40,000 tons or not. I proceed to patrol around and sink my 40k tons or higher, return to base and nothing happens. The same mission is still displayed - I don't get the next (Scapa flow) mission, and the map locks and is immovable with the mouse unless I save/reload the bunker. Asking for another mission does nothing, reloading lets me move around the map again but still no objective.

Similar thing happened after the Scapa Flow mission on a previous attempt - mission not registered as complete, or disappears, and the only other objective I could see was Eastern Coastal again, with no 'accept mission' button.

Starting to lose my patience with this mod I'm afraid. I'm sure it's excellent, but if I can't complete the missions there's no point and I'm sick of retrying the same mission over and over again. Advice, before I ditch it? I've probably got one more playthrough in me.

JSGME:
Capthelms audio mod
MO 0 0 1
MO v0 0 1
MO Patch 2
FX Update 0 016 2 by TDW
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch HB_1_0_0
Shadow Improvement Mod LR
TDW DC Water Disturbances
Arclight MRP
Critical Hits 1.1 Torps
OH II Light

THE_MASK
07-21-11, 04:47 PM
Read this .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1592918&postcount=3

ustahl
07-21-11, 04:48 PM
JSGME:
Capthelms audio mod
MO 0 0 1
MO v0 0 1
MO Patch 2
FX Update 0 016 2 by TDW
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch HB_1_0_0
Shadow Improvement Mod LR
TDW DC Water Disturbances
Arclight MRP
Critical Hits 1.1 Torps
Put TDW's UI 6.6.0 here
OH II Light

Suggest you try adding TDW's UI 6.6.0 at the pink position above, letting it overwrite any 'conflicts' in JSGME.

Trevally.
07-21-11, 04:48 PM
So, what am I doing wrong?

:hmmm:

I patrol around for a bit, the single waypoint I am given expires

ok = there are two factors you need to know about this games campaign system.

1. A campaign is made up of objectives 'Eastern Coastal' or whatever it is. Each objective is gained by sinking what is asked for.
When you do this you will get stars. The stars fill up your campaign bar.
When the bar is full - you will move on to the next campaign.

2. You will aslo get patrol "missions". These will ask you to patrol an area etc. When you do these mission - you get renown points to upgrade you sub. These mission mean nothing towards the campaign. You can take them or leave them. They have been re-worked to ensure they are in the area related to the campagn objectives.

0rpheus
07-21-11, 06:04 PM
Read this .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1592918&postcount=3

Thanks stoianm, I've read that previously and can access & complete stock objectives without difficulty.

Suggest you try adding TDW's UI 6.6.0 at the pink position above, letting it overwrite any 'conflicts' in JSGME.

Ok, is that a later version than the one included in MO? I keep seeing people's mod lists with it installed but assumed as I already have a version in MO it'd be unnecessary - those same mod lists do not mention MO at all. How would a UI mod affect the successful completion of an objective? And if I do need it because it overwrites the one in MO, why the hell isn't that version included instead of the old one?

ok = there are two factors you need to know about this games campaign system.

1. A campaign is made up of objectives . Each objective is gained by sinking what is asked for.
When you do this you will get stars. The stars fill up your campaign bar.
When the bar is full - you will move on to the next campaign.

2. You will aslo get patrol "missions". These will ask you to patrol an area etc. When you do these mission - you get renown points to upgrade you sub. These mission mean nothing towards the campaign. You can take them or leave them. They have been re-worked to ensure they are in the area related to the campagn objectives.

Point 1 I get. Point 2 less so, but that may be because I've not been given one yet. Perhaps I'm not being very clear:

So far, in various playthroughs I've managed to complete the first (eastern coastal waters) and most of the second (scapa flow battleship attack) missions from the first OHII campaign. After a full reinstall, it worked ok and I finished the first 'Eastern Coastal' mission fine, and progressed onto the Scapa Flow mission. I sunk the Battleship (and a destroyer or two on the way out) and headed home. Halfway back I noticed I'd been transferred to another base, so I went there and 'ended patrol'. Upon doing so, the mission map in the bunker locked (can't use the mouse to move it around) and no new objectives were given. I tried reloading the save before I got back to base, etc, still didn't work.

Over the next day or two I came across some other mods, and installed them properly, restarting the campaign each time (list in previous post, though I don't think it's those as it was happening without them).

Since the day of that Scapa Flow mission, no mission in OHII will complete. I've tried the first 'Eastern Coastal' mission with new campaigns 3 or 4 times now and what happens is as described in my last post - I 'request mission' from the bunker map, enter the boat and head to my objective waypoint. Since it went wrong there's only been one waypoint for the first Eastern Coastal Mission (square marker, not the iron cross mission marker) where before there were at least two that I had to travel between, one after the other. It disappears and says 'objective complete' as soon as I sink a ship (any ship, last go it was an 1800 ton small merchant) in the vicinity of the marker. I carry on anyway and sink my 40,000+ tons, return to base and end patrol and no new mission is offered.

So - I'm completing it right, as far as I can tell. The 'tonnage' bar is full as I've hit over 40,000 tons and the first little star in the top left campaign stars window shows full - but the mission won't 'complete' when I return to Kiel. It does not offer me the next mission at Scapa Flow. The old one just stays there. I don't know why the mission, when I finished it successfully before gave me at least two objective waypoints along the British coast to travel between (wait at one til it completes, then move to the new one which appears) - but now it only gives me one, which auto-completes on the sinking of any ship.

I'm stumped. I really appreciate all the help you guys have offered, but I'm officially at the giving up point now. No game should be this difficult to get working, even with mods, and it's starting to feel like the only way to get it working is to wipe it all and reinstall the game yet again as that's the only way it worked before... but I'm sick and tired of reinstalling and modding and just want the damn thing to work! :(

0rpheus
07-21-11, 06:45 PM
Ok, for extra clarity, here's a screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/sh52011072200370540.jpg/

You can see the 'Objective complete' date is 05 Sept 1939, directly after the first ship sinking and only 4 days into the patrol (one square objective only, just as in the previous post). The 'Coastal Waters' objective marker in the top left shows complete, as does the 'Eastern British Coastal' mission below it. You can also see the full tonnage bar. When I dock at Kiel, no new mission.

When I successfully completed it the first time, I ignored the square waypoint marker completely and just went about sinking my tonnage. It was only after sinking 40k + tons and heading halfway home that I realised the objective hadn't completed, so I went and hung around the square marker until it completed, then headed home. I've not tried it that way since, always going for the square marker first and then sinking my tonnage, and each time it hasn't worked. Same with the faulty scapa flow mission in an earlier playthrough - mission icons full, objective complete recieved, but no new mission.

Hope this makes things a little clearer.

THE_MASK
07-21-11, 07:02 PM
I might be wrong because i never seem to get past sep 10 , but i think missions become available when historically available date wise . That issue with the map being frozen must be a mod problem . Use the keyboard arrow keys to move around . Here is the manual
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\Manual\English\ . page 8 and 9 .

0rpheus
07-21-11, 09:05 PM
I might be wrong because i never seem to get past sep 10 , but i think missions become available when historically available date wise . That issue with the map being frozen must be a mod problem . Use the keyboard arrow keys to move around . Here is the manual
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\Manual\English\ . page 8 and 9 .

The manual's not a lot of help, it says that campaigns will change but nothing about date-specific missions (ubi aren't great at manuals are they lol)... Thanks though. Not sure what you mean when you say you don't get past Sept 10th?

And if missions are date-activated, what would you do in the downtime? Say I finish that mission on the 10th and the next one activates on the 12th - what do I do for two days? I can't leave the game on for two days while time passes, there's no time compression in the bunker and if I leave without a mission it asks me if I'm sure I want to, as if I were doing something wrong! How would you know when a new mission becomes active, without returning to base to find out?

Please, please tell me that's not the problem... if I'm not getting missions because I'm finishing too early and have to wait for the right date, or too late and missing them altogether... I think I'll go mad! :o

Zedi
07-22-11, 12:35 AM
Lemme try to explain. Most of the SH fans hated the SH5 campaign style because of many reasons. One of them was the ridiculous tonnage requirements.. like 100-200K in just few months or weeks. Other problems was the hunt for capital ships as mission objective. Overall people was missing the freedom from the previous versions where all you had to do was to go out patrol grids and sink whatever you find there.

So thats why we lowered the campaign objectives requirements to a much more realistic one, upon completion you are free to do whatever you wanna do. Just go out on open waters, set up for yourself a patrol area and sink stuff. But time by time check the map and see if is no new objective available. Here I needed a popup radio message on screen that will announce the player that a new mission is available. I will talk with Trevally and see if we can get this to work in his campaign radio message system.

What you need to pay attention is the date when the objective expire. If you finish the objectives faster, then you have to wait and just go out on blind patrol until a new one will be available. In the first campaign the 3th mission will start around November.

This campaign mod was designed for realism play, not rush play. For people who love to use real nav and low TC. And if for any reason you hate doing missions, forget about... the campaign will still advance, the only difference is that you may not be choosen to be part of Op Drumbeat campaign, but you will still be able to play until 1945. The player is not forced to do anything, you are completely free now.. open horizons, its all yours.

Chevelless
07-22-11, 01:39 AM
Great MOd Zedi,

but would you like to make a stand alone new ship version? Cuz mines, dolphins make my FPS drop sharply but new ships make less low FPS effect to me.

So would you like to post a link with the new ships stand alone version so that I may enjoy your great mod with a more smoothly performance without those FPS drop mines?

Thanks!

Stormfly
07-22-11, 04:24 AM
Here I needed a popup radio message on screen that will announce the player that a new mission is available. I will talk with Trevally and see if we can get this to work in his campaign radio message system.

i hate popups, its unrealistic in my eye`s, a regular "campaign radio message" (i call it "commanders only radio message") would be enough for it. If someone isnt able to read those messages by opening TDW`s radio log, he isnt in the postition to command a submarine :arrgh!:

Magic1111
07-22-11, 05:58 AM
i hate popups, its unrealistic in my eye`s, a regular "campaign radio message" (i call it "commanders only radio message") would be enough for it. If someone isnt able to read those messages by opening TDW`s radio log, he isnt in the postition to command a submarine :arrgh!:

2nd this Stormy ! :up:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

Stormfly
07-22-11, 07:39 AM

...just wanted to add, i know you`re able but just worried that someone could miss this for your campaign very important messages. :salute:

edit: should we care about those "important" new housewife customers while trying to turn SH5 into a simulation ?

0rpheus
07-22-11, 08:03 AM
Lemme try to explain. Most of the SH fans hated the SH5 campaign style because of many reasons. One of them was the ridiculous tonnage requirements.. like 100-200K in just few months or weeks. Other problems was the hunt for capital ships as mission objective. Overall people was missing the freedom from the previous versions where all you had to do was to go out patrol grids and sink whatever you find there.

So thats why we lowered the campaign objectives requirements to a much more realistic one, upon completion you are free to do whatever you wanna do. Just go out on open waters, set up for yourself a patrol area and sink stuff. But time by time check the map and see if is no new objective available. Here I needed a popup radio message on screen that will announce the player that a new mission is available. I will talk with Trevally and see if we can get this to work in his campaign radio message system.

What you need to pay attention is the date when the objective expire. If you finish the objectives faster, then you have to wait and just go out on blind patrol until a new one will be available. In the first campaign the 3th mission will start around November.

This campaign mod was designed for realism play, not rush play. For people who love to use real nav and low TC. And if for any reason you hate doing missions, forget about... the campaign will still advance, the only difference is that you may not be choosen to be part of Op Drumbeat campaign, but you will still be able to play until 1945. The player is not forced to do anything, you are completely free now.. open horizons, its all yours.

Thank you Zedi, that's made it all a lot clearer! No wonder the series fans hated the campaign ;) The tonnage requirement is tough to hit but I've found I'm using the deck gun a lot more to help hit the amount needed (tough in a sub with only 11 torps lol).

I'm guessing the first time I did it, it took a lot longer and hence the next mission was available by the time I returned to Kiel. On subsequent playthroughs, I must have gone through it a little faster and got back too early. I'm quite happy to sail around and hunt for free targets inbetween missions now that I know how it works. I guess the new ones will show up on my in-game map when I'm out at sea too, not just in the bunker map (so I don't have to return to Kiel to check)?

I've read about your OHII radio message system but don't have it (will go searching after I've finished typing this), but I agree a simple radio message saying 'new objective available' or something similar in the log would be a great help. A popup, as others have said would be a bit immersion killing. Hope you get a chance to implement it. :)

Thanks for taking the time to explain the ins and outs of the campaign system, I really appreciate it. Will go back to the campaign and start sinking ships asap. :D

Zedi
07-22-11, 08:12 AM

There are the regular traffic spam messages that a captain can ignore and there are the very urgent messages that cannot be ignored. You are not on a love boat and sailing on free will, but an officer that sail under strict orders during war time. And when Donitz wants you to cease all operations and head at max speed to Norway, you will not mock that you hate orders to be shown in your face.. you do what you was told about.

There is another reason for popup messages. For example I play with my UI hidden. I read the radio messages only when Im bored. I always miss the "report position &stuff" from Bdu. And like me, maybe there is more who play with the UI hidden.

And when Im thinking about popup messages, Im thinking ONLY about the very important messages, not the regular traffic/open sea drama spam.

Great MOd Zedi,

but would you like to make a stand alone new ship version? Cuz mines, dolphins make my FPS drop sharply but new ships make less low FPS effect to me.

So would you like to post a link with the new ships stand alone version so that I may enjoy your great mod with a more smoothly performance without those FPS drop mines?

Thanks!

I said already that Im thinking about this solution for the final release. So I think that there will 2 main versions of the campaign, the full and lite version. Then I add additional versions where I split the campaign in components: ships, enviro units, new traffic. Or should be enough an additional version only without mines?

Its kinda hard to split the mod in millions of pieces and fit it to every SH5 player wish and to make it run smooth on the hardware they have. For example I run the game only with 2 gigs of ram and it runs very smooth, but people with 4-6 gigs reported low fps and ctd problems. Its impossible to make a version of the mod for every player.

Zedi
07-22-11, 08:23 AM
I guess the new ones will show up on my in-game map when I'm out at sea too, not just in the bunker map (so I don't have to return to Kiel to check)?

Correct, you dont have to be in the bunker to accept missions. Soon as they shown on your map, you can go and try complete them. Actually the only moments when I dock my boat is when I need urgent repairs or I need to load some mods. Otherwise I stay on water and got in ports only for refit.

I've read about your OHII radio message system but don't have it (will go searching after I've finished typing this), but I agree a simple radio message saying 'new objective available' or something similar in the log would be a great help. A popup, as others have said would be a bit immersion killing. Hope you get a chance to implement it. :)

Ok, if you guys hate it .. than thats it, no popups. But those who play with hidden UI or are bored by the radio spam may miss some very important orders. I loved the popup message in the earlier SH versions just because gave the "omg wtf" feeling.. that something very important is happening. I agree that all that radio spam about sunk ships, traffic could be a painful xp as popup messages, but the really important/critical ones should be shown right in your face.

0rpheus
07-22-11, 08:30 AM
Correct, you dont have to be in the bunker to accept missions. Soon as they shown on your map, you can go and try complete them. Actually the only moments when I dock my boat is when I need urgent repairs or I need to load some mods. Otherwise I stay on water and got in ports only for refit.

Ahh, ok - that's good, I imagine I'll end up playing in a very similar way. :)

Ok, if you guys hate it .. than thats it, no popups. But those who play with hidden UI or are bored by the radio spam may miss some very important orders. Myself always loved the popup message because gave the "omg wtf" feeling.. that something very important is happening. I agree that all that radio spam about sunk ships, traffic could be a painful xp as popup messages, but the really important/critical ones should be shown right in your face.

Ah got my wires crossed on this one... I'd be quite happy to have a popup solely for important things like new mission/objective offered etc, because you're right, it would be easy to miss if it were just lumped in with all the other messages in the captains log... eventually there are so many it would get lost if you don't see it immediately.

Not installed it yet but it looks like the OHII radio messages use TDW's Radio Messages Engine... if so using that for the popups would be fine as it's still 'in character' - i.e. a message to a uboat captain from base, rather than a 'game' popup saying 'go here'. :)

zebidie
07-22-11, 08:40 AM
I wouldnt say popups are immersion killing, no more so than a crew member running over and waving a piece of paper in your face with the message the the radio guy has just written down. :)

Stormfly
07-22-11, 08:44 AM
There are the regular traffic spam messages that a captain can ignore and there are the very urgent messages that cannot be ignored. You are not on a love boat and sailing on free will, but an officer that sail under strict orders during war time. And when Donitz wants you to cease all operations and head at max speed to Norway, you will not mock that you hate orders to be shown in your face.. you do what you was told about.

There is another reason for popup messages. For example I play with my UI hidden. I read the radio messages only when Im bored. I always miss the "report position &stuff" from Bdu. And like me, maybe there is more who play with the UI hidden.

And when Im thinking about popup messages, Im thinking ONLY about the very important messages, not the regular traffic/open sea drama spam.

that have nothing to do with love boat sailing, but the fact that the commander take the descision to look on a radio message while maybe in a combat situation or visiting the rest room, even if it is a "commanders message". Also while the message arrive and the audio for it is playing, you get a good immersion for it, there is also a bit time needed decoding it before reading it.

...shame is feeling like a housewife sometimes, not able to pilot the real thing :wah:

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/220711153414_housewive.jpg

...but things can improve:

http://vimeo.com/26700490

edit: "There are the regular traffic spam messages that a captain can ignore"

...i enjoy reading them, gives me a deeper immersion... also for the global situation picture, this messages could be also important if the campaign have enough historical correct event`s/convoy`s included.

Stormfly
07-22-11, 09:26 AM
...duo to the actual terrible happenings in Norway deleted !

Zedi
07-22-11, 12:09 PM
Stormfly, this is not the usual housewife messages.. "spaghetti done. need more luv". Is messages from Bdu. :O:

Trevally.
07-22-11, 12:18 PM
Stormfly, this is not the usual housewife messages.. "spaghetti done. need more luv". Is messages from Bdu. :O:

I will start adding these housewife messages tonight:D

Stormfly
07-22-11, 02:40 PM

to bad that iam not coupled with a so called "housewife" :haha:

Stormfly
07-22-11, 02:49 PM

I will start adding these housewife messages tonight:D

:o well, but plz tell her she have to write realistic :rotfl2:

TheDarkWraith
07-22-11, 03:14 PM
to bad that iam not coupled with a so called "housewife" :haha:

Prefer the single life also :yeah: I see no point in marriage (aka self-institutionalizing yourself)

Trevally.
07-22-11, 03:26 PM
My "housewife" has just send me a coded message:-

"XPDO SUWH ANED WLON BISK AHIW"

De-coded:-

":stare:"

:o

Stormfly
07-22-11, 03:38 PM
My "housewife" has just send me a coded message:-

"XPDO SUWH ANED WLON BISK AHIW"

De-coded:-

":stare:"

:o

hmm cant decode it, missing the currently valid curlers. :har:

vlad29
07-22-11, 03:49 PM
:o well, but plz tell her she have to write realistic :rotfl2:
The most realistic messages from housewife U'll get if just after the working day spent the whole night in pub, and without picking up your mobilephone:yeah:. Then up to 6 a.m. U'll have the whole list of realistic messages in your SMS-phonesection, such as:
"where the hell are U?" - that means BDU is asking for your current position;
"dont ever return home!" - BDU orders you to change your base-port;
etc.:yep:

Stormfly
07-22-11, 03:52 PM
The most realistic messages from housewife U'll get if just after the working day spent the whole night in pub, and without picking up your mobilephone:yeah:. Then up to 6 a.m. U'll have the whole list of realistic messages in your SMS-phonesection, such as:
"where the hell are U?" - that means BDU is asking for your current position;
"dont ever return home!" - BDU orders you to change your base-port;
etc.:yep:

good one :arrgh!:

Kumando
07-23-11, 05:43 AM
Zedi Trevally can the new fishing boats and PT boats can be heard manually on the hydrophone?

Trevally.
07-23-11, 11:02 AM
Zedi Trevally can the new fishing boats and PT boats can be heard manually on the hydrophone?

Yes you should hear them.

the Fishing boat is called NF_boat in the sea folder
and should play "NF_boat_hyd" sound file in the sound folder

THE_MASK
07-24-11, 05:35 AM
Ctds , i was playing OH2 and near scapa on my way to sink a capitol ship . I got a ctd and it was around oct 8 1939 . I tried to reload the save a few times but always ctds . I went into the mission editor and loaded up the campaign at oct 8 1939 . After a while running the simulation you get a popup saying " WARNING you have been intercepted" OK . I kept clicking ok . Then i loaded up the save again and it worked . I have no idea what this message is , i thought it might help in some way .

Trevally.
07-24-11, 06:19 AM
Thanks Sober,

I have just finished the raid on Scapa and all went well:hmmm:
I have had 1 CTD so far (very nearly finished first campaign) as I returned to base at Wilhelmshaven. On my reload - it worked ok with no mre ctds.

There does seem to be random CTDs and i have no idea what causes them. If they happen repeatedly in the same area/time/action etc they can be pinned down.

If anyone gets a CTD and reloads - try running TDWs app for bug finding.

Re: " WARNING you have been intercepted"
I have seen this a lot when using the simulator and I think it is to show that with the pre-set routes - Axis and Allied units are meeting within a radius where they will attack each other.

0rpheus
07-24-11, 09:00 AM
Ctds , i was playing OH2 and near scapa on my way to sink a capitol ship . I got a ctd and it was around oct 8 1939 . I tried to reload the save a few times but always ctds . I went into the mission editor and loaded up the campaign at oct 8 1939 . After a while running the simulation you get a popup saying " WARNING you have been intercepted" OK . I kept clicking ok . Then i loaded up the save again and it worked . I have no idea what this message is , i thought it might help in some way .

I also had a couple of CTD's on the way out of Scapa after sinking the QE, heading for the South exit (if that makes sense, both at the tightest part of the southern entrance channel). Not sure on the date though. One thing I did notice is that the QE respawned on reload of the autosave each time (though I still had the kill on my list), so I could see it on my way out ;)

Third reload panned out a little differently (hammered by DC, erk!) and after bottoming the boat for a few hours for repairs, I got out without CTD.

I've actually restarted the campaign (again, grr) due to a mod-rejig so if it happens when I hit Scapa Flow this time I'll let you know. :)

Stormfly
07-24-11, 09:22 AM
One thing I did notice is that the QE respawned on reload of the autosave each time (though I still had the kill on my list)

known stock game bug, do the same in another harbor and you see all the ships get restored after loading a savegame. Same for damaged ships in a convoy, reload a game and they got repaired.

0rpheus
07-24-11, 09:46 AM
known stock game bug, do the same in another harbor and you see all the ships get restored after loading a savegame. Same for damaged ships in a convoy, reload a game and they got repaired.

Thought as much... figured it was worth mentioning though :)

U-Falke
07-24-11, 01:59 PM
Hi

Too many dolphins and fishing boats...
They make no sound at the hydro, and make me spend lot of
fuel to hunt them because of this.

The mines.. I exploded one in Kiel... and all the minefield exploded after this,
one after the other. They should be more spaced, maybe.

I am playing now the light version, and for the second time i start a new patrol and the officer has no new missions for me.
I ve had no CTD with the light version.

I hope thhat helps

U-falke

Trevally.
07-24-11, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the report U-Falke:salute:

We will look to get the spacings for the mines corrected.

If you look at post 1 of this thread, there are addon mods you can install to reduce dolphines etc. This will also reduce and space out the mines.

For the issue with no objectives - what is the date for this?
It could be that you have finished an objective and the next one is time triggered.

You can also install a radio mod pack that will let you know when a new objective is ready and other things related to the campaign.

0rpheus
07-24-11, 02:47 PM
In & out of Scapa fine this time, no CTDs - though I wasn't chased out by DDs this time, or in fact detected at all so not sure if that means anything.

U-Falke - the no objective thing confused me too. Objectives are time/date triggered (not like SH4 where you go out, patrol, come back and get given another straight away), so once you've completed one you just cruise the seaways, carry on sinking ships and refit at any friendly port when you need to.

When the date for the next objective comes around you'll see it on the map, and you can go and complete it - no need to 'request mission' in base. Zedi did an excellent post a page or two back explaining it to me if you need more info. :)

I've got the radio mod pack but have yet to see an 'objective mission' radio message (even when scapa flow was triggered), assuming the new campaign messages pop up in the old SH4 style message shown in TDW's screenshot in the radio mod thread? I am getting the new OHII general radio messages (well, I think I am lol).

Tempted to retry the OHII with reduced mines/port ships now my mod installs seem to be stable (ish), but concerned that the overall increased traffic level dropped my max TC in open water by at least 50% last time, as well as halving my avg fps. Just how much extra traffic is included, and is this something that could be reduced in an add on?

Trevally.
07-24-11, 05:35 PM
I've got the radio mod pack but have yet to see an 'objective mission' radio message (even when scapa flow was triggered), assuming the new campaign messages pop up in the old SH4 style message shown in TDW's screenshot in the radio mod thread? I am getting the new OHII general radio messages (well, I think I am lol).

With TDWS Ui, the messages can be looked at by clicking on the flashing button.
You can spot the campaign ones as they are highlighted in red.

U-Falke
07-24-11, 09:20 PM
Hey guys,
I have sunk the Q Elizabeth at Scapa Flow and the 40000 ton at the british coast.
But now I am at sea and I ve got no objective, its end of september, 1939.
Maybe adding the western approaches mission (100000 tons) would avoid this issue.

Rgr, I will check the add on.

Zedi
07-25-11, 02:05 AM
Hey guys,
I have sunk the Q Elizabeth at Scapa Flow and the 40000 ton at the british coast.
But now I am at sea and I ve got no objective, its end of september, 1939.
Maybe adding the western approaches mission (100000 tons) would avoid this issue.

Rgr, I will check the add on.

If I get back to the old values, the veteran SH players will hate it.. including me. The ridiculous tonnage requirement and the fact that you are forced to do missions was the biggest disappointment for the veteran players. If your done with the main objectives, go out and patrol/sink stuff until a new mission will show up on map.

But I have to remind again.. this campaign is intended for realistic play, using real nav and low TC. If you play this campaign on high realism, you will find the new objectives maybe too hard.

Im playing in November 39 and I have only 8K tonnage and thats because I use real nav, no map contact etc. And these things makes the hunt extremely difficult. For example I spent about 6 hours calculating with 4BM the course of a.. fishing boat :damn: But hey, thats realism and how a sim should be played. Not to mention that now we have neutral traffic, I need to check the flag before I launch my torpedoes on a target and thats again another hard task.

For rush play, I recommend the lite version. It has lower traffic so its harder to spot ships. There I should increase the tonnage back to the stock settings.

fromhell
07-25-11, 03:16 AM
ive got 8 gb ram of which about 6.5gb is free, a gtx295 1.5gb graphics card, have about 5 mods installed that do not conflict with OH2, have istalled OH2, extra ships mod, OH2 patch2, the harbour bit, have tried umbteen ways of installing OH2, but cant even get out of kiel without a ctd. please help

THE_MASK
07-25-11, 03:23 AM
How did you start the campaign ?

fromhell
07-25-11, 03:27 AM
silentotto, then picked happydays.

THE_MASK
07-25-11, 03:50 AM
Ok , once in the bunker hit Esc on keyboard which will take you back to the game main screen . Choose the save that was just created in th bunker . Go to the upgrade officer and make sure you have upgrades .

THE_MASK
07-25-11, 03:51 AM
Important notes.
Those who wanna skip the tutorial when starting a new career, go to Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CareerHistory.cfg and edit the file with Notepad. Change the following line:

HasCompletedTutorial=false
with
HasCompletedTutorial=true

If for any reason after accepting a mission in the bunker and ask permission to leave dock you find yourself teleported on sub without having a loading screen, make sure you end patrol/doc and accept the mission again. Its very important to have a loading screen when leaving the bunker, or the game will fail to load properly the game layer and weird stuff can happen, including crash.

fromhell
07-25-11, 10:36 AM
many thanks Sober, ill give it a try.

0rpheus
07-25-11, 01:11 PM
Dunno if little bug-reports like this are useful but I'll keep posting them as I come across them. :)

Nov 9 '39, the 30k ton 'Western Approaches' shows complete with 3 ships sunk at only 25,800 tons; no other ships sunk on this patrol (fresh from bunker start).

Also, on return to base for full dock/refit and save, after reloading the in-bunker save the next day, my conning tower emblem and stripe-camo paint scheme have vanished. Bit of a sod as it costs renown to buy them again! :salute:

Zedi
07-25-11, 01:33 PM
Many thanks 0rpheus, thats indeed a bug. The description differs from the actual requirement, fixed it now. Appreciate it very much, thanks again.

Regarding the missing skin.. its a stock bug. There is a mod that remove the renown points on purchasing upgrades, try to locate it on this mod section.

trebby
07-25-11, 01:52 PM
Hi Trevally,

(Tried search on posts first, apart from delete some version of Visual C++ 2008 no finds.)

Looks like the classic essential mod here with a huge amount of good work, congrats and thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately, in any order of activating, any time I have OH II active via JGSME I get following message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

X Runtime Error!

Program/C:/program files/Games/SH5/sh5.exe
The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact...blabla"

Any way around this?:hmmm:

Thanks, trebb.

TheDarkWraith
07-25-11, 01:55 PM
Hi Trevally,

(Tried search on posts first, apart from delete some version of Visual C++ 2008 no finds.)

Looks like the classic essential mod here with a huge amount of good work, congrats and thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately, in any order of activating, any time I have OH II active via JGSME I get following message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

X Runtime Error!

Program/C:/program files/Games/SH5/sh5.exe
The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact...blabla"

Any way around this?:hmmm:

Thanks, trebb.

That's usually a sign of a DLL error that is unhandled in the DLL. What does the DbgView output show?

0rpheus
07-25-11, 01:56 PM
Many thanks 0rpheus, thats indeed a bug. The description differs from the actual requirement, fixed it now. Appreciate it very much, thanks again.

Regarding the missing skin.. its a stock bug. There is a mod that remove the renown points on purchasing upgrades, try to locate it on this mod section.

No problems, I'll keep my eye out for anything like that in future. Glad to be of help, about time I returned the favour :)

Will check out the renown mod, cheers. :salute:

Dieselglock
07-25-11, 02:03 PM
Hello,

I have just finished re-installing sh5 for a fresh start with this mod. Thanks to all for the hard work producing this mod. Everything looks fine leaving Kiel for first patrol.

Have a one question. Checking my soan I see some missing flags and dates seem messed up. I have read through most of the posts in the related forums but don't see this mentioned anywhere. This seems to be the case with many pages in the soan.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=520&pictureid=4603

This is my mod order:

Accurate German Flags
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
No magic skills v1.5
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_U-Jagd_Chrono
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional louder engine sounds
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional scary creaks
Equip_Upgrades_AFFOE
OPEN HORIZONS II
50% reduced port ships from OH II full - Copy
OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages v3
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
sobers chimney smoke V2
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.6
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWraith
Manos Scopes-Core Files
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - double set - Large plus Flat Style
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm
Naights Submarine Textures (internal) V1.1
Nauticalwolf's_Torpedo_Textures_v1.2
nVidia missing lights
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
TDC Graphics by Naights v1.0
TDW Round Fire Button by Torpedo
Torpedo Splash
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
sobers reduced fog V2 SH5
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface

Thanks in advance with any help on this.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/album.php?albumid=520&pictureid=4603

TheDarkWraith
07-25-11, 02:11 PM
SOAN reads it's data from the game files. Whatever it reads is what it reports. As far as the missing flags that means a flag was never defined for that country.

Dieselglock
07-25-11, 02:20 PM
SOAN reads it's data from the game files. Whatever it reads is what it reports. As far as the missing flags that means a flag was never defined for that country.

Thanks for the fast response. So does this mean that the OHII mod does not include the data yet or is there something wrong with my mod order?

Thanks again

Trevally.
07-25-11, 02:35 PM
@trebby - to run the # as TDW suggests - goto here:-
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications
And run DbgView

Then start your game as normal
When you get the error - save the DbgView file and post it here:up:

TheDarkWraith
07-25-11, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the fast response. So does this mean that the OHII mod does not include the data yet or is there something wrong with my mod order?

Thanks again

OHII didn't define some flags for some of the countries (or they made last minute changes and I haven't updated SOAN yet). Your mod order is probably ok :up:

Trevally.
07-25-11, 02:37 PM

Thanks again

Hi Dieselglock

Alas there are still some errors with the ship part of the mod.
I am sure this is one of them.

We hope to add fixes as soon as they become available:up:

trebby
07-25-11, 02:51 PM
@ TDW,

Had to google DBG view, and downloaded it...:88)

I think it can give me an expanded error readout, if I just knew how...

Working on it, standby one, trebb

trebby
07-25-11, 03:04 PM
Geee...:o black magic! I got something out of it, lemme see:

00000000 0.00000000 [3772] d3d_antilag: Loading configuration C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\antilag.cfg
00000001 0.00099717 [3772] d3d_antilag: FPS Limiter: 65.000000
00000002 0.00162180 [3772] d3d_antilag: Render ahead limit: 2
00000003 0.04427281 [3772] d3d_antilag: Loaded library
00000004 0.57640368 [3772] d3d_antilag: Direct3DCreate9 (ver 32)
00000005 0.59768009 [3772] d3d_antilag: Direct3DCreate9 (ver 32)
00000006 0.65857291 [3772] d3d_antilag: Direct3DCreate9 (ver 32)
00000007 0.66378587 [3772] d3d_antilag: NewCreateDevice
00000008 2.19924617 [3772] d3d_antilag: Replacing function pointers...
00000009 2.19926691 [3772] d3d_antilag: Added refs: 8
00000010 2.27355123 [1108] 5843.011 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000011 2.27659202 [3772] d3d_antilag: Newreset...
00000012 2.28117442 [3772] d3d_antilag: Device destroyed (0)
00000013 2.39984512 [3772] d3d_antilag: Newreset done
00000014 2.53595233 [1108] 5843.286 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000015 2.63125348 [1108] 5843.383 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000016 2.63139582 [1108] 5843.383 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000017 2.72351146 [1108] 5843.475 | WARNING: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 337@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::HandleE mptyDescriptors : Empty descriptors..
00000018 2.72428656 [1108] 5843.476 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000019 2.83682489 [1108] 5843.589 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000020 3.09381366 [1108] 5843.846 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000021 34.90374756 [3772] TheDarkWraithAutomation InitializeScript
00000022 34.92436218 [3772] TheDarkWraithUserOptions InitializeScript
00000023 34.93210983 [3772] TDWMastHeights constructor
00000024 34.93230057 [3772] 32bit Key found. Value='C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\'
00000025 34.93232727 [3772] TDWMastHeights: \ found as last character in install path from registry!
00000026 34.93235397 [3772] InstallPath=C:\Program Files\Games\SH5
00000027 34.93305969 [3772] rosterfilepath=C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\data\Roster\Names.cfg
00000028 34.93367004 [3772] seapath=C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\data\Sea
00000029 34.93625641 [3772] Mast height not found for C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\data\Sea\Iceberg01\Iceberg01.cfg!
00000030 34.93959427 [3772] Mast height not found for C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\data\Sea\Iceberg02\Iceberg02.cfg!
00000031 34.94142151 [3772] Mast height not found for C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\data\Sea\Iceberg03\Iceberg03.cfg!
00000032 34.94353485 [3772] Mast height not found for C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\data\Sea\Iceberg04\Iceberg04.cfg!
00000033 34.94565201 [3772] Mast height not found for C:\Program Files\Games\SH5\data\Sea\Iceberg05\Iceberg05.cfg!
00000034 36.93072510 [3772] Mast Heights:
00000035 36.93072510 [3772]
00000036 36.93072510 [3772] Large Iceberg : 0.0
00000037 36.93072510 [3772] Medium Iceberg : 0.0
00000038 36.93072510 [3772] Medium Iceberg : 0.0
00000039 36.93072510 [3772] Medium Iceberg : 0.0
00000040 36.93072510 [3772] Small Iceberg : 0.0
00000041 36.93072510 [3772] Queen Elizabeth Battleship : 49,36
00000042 36.93072510 [3772] Royal Sovereign Battleship : 44,76
00000043 36.93072510 [3772] King George V Battleship : 50,76
00000044 36.93072510 [3772] HMS Duke Of York : 50,76
00000045 36.93072510 [3772] Nelson Battleship : 54,85
00000046 36.93072510 [3772] Hood Battlecruiser : 46,96
00000047 36.93072510 [3772] Renown Battlecruiser : 51,64
00000048 36.93072510 [3772] New York Battleship : 48,63
00000049 36.93072510 [3772] North Carolina Battleship : 41,73
00000050 36.93072510 [3772] Littorio Battleship : 47,92
00000051 36.93072510 [3772] Duilio Battleship : 47,92
00000052 36.93072510 [3772] Bismarck Battleship : 51,03
00000053 36.93072510 [3772] Schleswig-Holstein Pre-Dreadnought : 45,55
00000054 36.93072510 [3772] Scharnhorst Battleship : 47,92
00000055 36.93072510 [3772] Deutschland Pocket Battleship : 34,72
00000056 36.93072510 [3772] Northampton Heavy Cruiser : 47,79
00000057 36.93072510 [3772] Kent Heavy Cruiser : 47,45
00000058 36.93072510 [3772] HMS Suffolk : 47,45
00000059 36.93072510 [3772] Trento Heavy Cruiser : 34,89
00000060 36.93072510 [3772] Admiral Hipper Heavy Cruiser : 48,15
00000061 36.93072510 [3772] Dido Light Cruiser : 37,17
00000062 36.93072510 [3772] Brooklyn Light Cruiser : 31,29
00000063 36.93072510 [3772] Montecuccoli Light Cruiser : 38,68
00000064 36.93072510 [3772] Di Giussano Light Cruiser : 34,86
00000065 36.93072510 [3772] Emden Light Cruiser : 35,02
00000066 36.93072510 [3772] K Class Light Cruiser : 35,65
00000067 36.93072510 [3772] Auxiliary Cruiser Komet : 35,93
00000068 36.93072510 [3772] Auxiliary Cruiser Penguin : 34,98
00000069 36.93072510 [3772] Patroclus Armed Merchant Cruiser : 39,69
00000070 36.93072510 [3772] Rawalpindi Armed Merchant Cruiser : 39,69
00000071 36.93072510 [3772] Dithmarschen Supply Ship : 29,12
00000072 36.93072510 [3772] Carl Peters Fleet Tender : 26,87
00000073 36.93072510 [3772] Ark Royal Fleet Carrier : 49,69
00000074 36.93072510 [3772] Illustrious Fleet Carrier : 51,39
00000075 36.93072510 [3772] Glorious Fleet Carrier : 45,64
00000076 36.93072510 [3772] Furious Fleet Carrier : 45,64
00000077 36.93072510 [3772] Hermes Fleet Carrier : 51,39
00000078 36.93072510 [3772] Eagle Fleet Carrier : 51,39
00000079 36.93072510 [3772] Bogue Escort Carrier : 30,55
00000080 36.93072510 [3772] Sangamon Escort Carrier : 30,55
00000081 36.93072510 [3772] Attacker Escort Carrier : 30,55
00000082 36.93072510 [3772] Long Island Escort Carrier : 34,25
00000083 36.93072510 [3772] Archer Escort Carrier : 34,25
00000084 36.93072510 [3772] Charger Escort Carrier : 30,55
00000085 36.93072510 [3772] Avenger Escort Carrier : 30,55
00000086 36.93072510 [3772] Audacity Escort Carrier : 34,25
00000087 36.93072510 [3772] Soldati Destroyer : 26,74
00000088 36.93072510 [3772] Flower Corvette : 19,75
00000089 36.93072510 [3772] Type 1934 Destroyer : 26,56
00000090 36.93072510 [3772] Fletcher Destroyer : 28,31
00000091 36.93072510 [3772] A Class Destroyer : 19,64
00000092 36.93072510 [3772] B Class Destroyer : 20,14
00000093 36.93072510 [3772] V&W Class Destroyer : 19,33
00000094 36.93072510 [3772] HMS Walker : 19,33
00000095 36.93072510 [3772] Tribal Destroyer : 25,83
00000096 36.93072510 [3772] R Class Destroyer : 19,39
00000097 36.93072510 [3772] Clemson Destroyer : 28,15
00000098 36.93072510 [3772] Town Lend-Lease Destroyer : 28,15
00000099 36.93072510 [3772] Somers Destroyer : 31,58
00000100 36.93072510 [3772] Evarts Destroyer Escort : 25,9
00000101 36.93072510 [3772] Buckley Destroyer Escort : 20,99
00000102 36.93072510 [3772] Black Swan Sloop : 27,91
00000103 36.93072510 [3772] HMS Stork : 27,91
00000104 36.93072510 [3772] TDW Torpedo Patrol Boat : 5
00000105 36.93072510 [3772] Armed Trawler : 24,33
00000106 36.93072510 [3772] Landing Ship Tank : 23,91
00000107 36.93072510 [3772] SV Fishing Boat : 16
00000108 36.93072510 [3772] SV Tug Boat : 24
00000109 36.93072510 [3772] 165-foot "B" Cutter : 24,33
00000110 36.93072510 [3772] SC-497 Sub Chaser : 24,33
00000111 36.93072510 [3772] Uekel Medium Composite Freighter : 28
00000112 36.93072510 [3772] SV Small Modern Composite Merchant Ship : 23
00000113 36.93072510 [3772] Rongel Small Old Split Freighter : 22,56
00000114 36.93072510 [3772] Middeleton Attack Transport : 38,61
00000115 36.93072510 [3772] Hospital Ship : 33,5
00000116 36.93072510 [3772] Large Liner : 43,09
00000117 36.93072510 [3772] Large Italian Liner : 43,09
00000118 36.93072510 [3772] Uekel Small Passenger Type : 22,5
00000119 36.93072510 [3772] SV Medium Freighter : 34
00000120 36.93072510 [3772] Huge European Liner : 57,86
00000121 36.93072510 [3772] Liberty Cargo : 26,18
00000122 36.93072510 [3772] Liberty Ship (War Supplies) : 26,18
00000123 36.93072510 [3772] Victory Cargo : 29,49
00000124 36.93072510 [3772] N3SA1 Small Merchant : 17,96
00000125 36.93072510 [3772] C1-B Type Medium Merchant : 27,92
00000126 36.93072510 [3772] C2-S-B1 Hull Large Merchant : 29,95
00000127 36.93072510 [3772] Large Steamer : 26,18
00000128 36.93072510 [3772] Large Steamer (War Supplies) : 26,18
00000129 36.93072510 [3772] Hog Island Type A Freighter : 28,37
00000130 36.93072510 [3772] Hog Island Medium Freighter (War supplies) : 28,37
00000131 36.93072510 [3772] Cimmaron Class Tanker : 29,87
00000132 36.93072510 [3772] SteelViking Tanker : 19,7
00000133 36.93072510 [3772] Ranger Medium Tanker : 40,97
00000134 36.93072510 [3772] Troop Transport : 39,69
00000135 36.93072510 [3772] Amphibious Group Command Ship : 37,54
00000136 36.93072510 [3772] AOTDMadMax/Stormfly/SteelViking Big modern Passangership : 33,5
00000137 36.93072510 [3772] Lifeboat : 0,5
00000138 36.93072510 [3772] Liferaft : 0,5
00000139 36.93072510 [3772]
00000140 36.94800568 [3772] MODS installed:
00000141 36.94800568 [3772] [DEPENDANCIES]
00000142 36.94800568 [3772] Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1="Original map colors""Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast""Compatible Conus00's Graphic Mod+SV's work""SH5Lifeboats_2.0""FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith""FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix""Old Style Explosions V1.1""IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith""Dark_Interior_V1""R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2""Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod""Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3""Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6""Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6""Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.6""Shadow Improvement Mod""Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1""Dynamic Environment SH5 BrighterNights V2.1""Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1""Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1""nVidia missing lights""Troebel""NOZAURIO'S SKIN (U-94) v-1.0.0""OPEN HORIZONS II""NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000143 36.94800568 [3772] A Fistful of Emblems v1.51="Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast""stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast"
00000144 36.94800568 [3772] Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast="stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast""NOZAURIO'S SKIN (U-94) v-1.0.0"
00000145 36.94800568 [3772] FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith="FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix""IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith""R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2""Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod""Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3""Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6""Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1""OPEN HORIZONS II""NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000146 36.94800568 [3772] IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith="R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2""NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000147 36.94800568 [3772] Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod="Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3""Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6""OPEN HORIZONS II"
00000148 36.94800568 [3772] Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3="Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6""OPEN HORIZONS II""NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000149 36.94800568 [3772] Compatible Conus00's Graphic Mod+SV's work="OPEN HORIZONS II"
00000150 36.94800568 [3772] SH5Lifeboats_2.0="OPEN HORIZONS II"
00000151 36.94800568 [3772] Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6="OPEN HORIZONS II""NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000152 36.94800568 [3772] FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix="NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000153 36.94800568 [3772] R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2="NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000154 36.94800568 [3772] Dark_Interior_V1="Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1"
00000155 36.94800568 [3772] Old Style Explosions V1.1="Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1"
00000156 36.94800568 [3772] Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1="Dynamic Environment SH5 BrighterNights V2.1""Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1""Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1""Troebel"
00000157 36.94800568 [3772] OPEN HORIZONS II="NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith"
00000158 36.94800568 [3772] [MODS]
00000159 36.94800568 [3772] Anti-Lag=1
00000160 36.94800568 [3772] A Fistful of Emblems v1.51=2
00000161 36.94800568 [3772] Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1=3
00000162 36.94800568 [3772] Original map colors=4
00000163 36.94800568 [3772] Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast=5
00000164 36.94800568 [3772] stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast=6
00000165 36.94800568 [3772] Compatible Conus00's Graphic Mod+SV's work=7
00000166 36.94800568 [3772] SH5Lifeboats_2.0=8
00000167 36.94800568 [3772] FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith=9
00000168 36.94800568 [3772] FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix=10
00000169 36.94800568 [3772] Old Style Explosions V1.1=11
00000170 36.94800568 [3772] IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith=12
00000171 36.94800568 [3772] Dark_Interior_V1=13
00000172 36.94800568 [3772] R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2=14
00000173 36.94800568 [3772] TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5=15
00000174 36.94800568 [3772] Torpedo Splash=16
00000175 36.94800568 [3772] Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod=17
00000176 36.94800568 [3772] Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3=18
00000177 36.94800568 [3772] Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6=19
00000178 36.94800568 [3772] Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6=20
00000179 36.94800568 [3772] Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.6=21
00000180 36.94800568 [3772] Grossdeutscher Rundfunk=22
00000181 36.94800568 [3772] Radio Paris French Music Full Version 1.2=23
00000182 36.94800568 [3772] Shadow Improvement Mod=24
00000183 36.94800568 [3772] Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1=25
00000184 36.94800568 [3772] Dynamic Environment SH5 BrighterNights V2.1=26
00000185 36.94800568 [3772] Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1=27
00000186 36.94800568 [3772] Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1=28
00000187 36.94800568 [3772] Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch=29
00000188 36.94800568 [3772] Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1=30
00000189 36.94800568 [3772] NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n=31
00000190 36.94800568 [3772] nVidia missing lights=32
00000191 36.94800568 [3772] Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos=33
00000192 36.94800568 [3772] STILTE=34
00000193 36.94800568 [3772] Troebel=35
00000194 36.94800568 [3772] Menu - Das Boot Departure Theme=36
00000195 36.94800568 [3772] Manual Targeting Training Miss
00000196 36.94808197 [3772] ions=37
00000197 36.94808197 [3772] NOZAURIO'S SKIN (U-94) v-1.0.0=38
00000198 36.94808197 [3772] OPEN HORIZONS II=39
00000199 36.94808197 [3772] NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith=40
00000200 36.94808197 [3772]
00000201 37.31988525 [3772] TDWSound constructor
00000202 37.34744644 [3772] TDWRadioMessages constructor
00000203 37.34813309 [3772] Loading all WWII ship names
00000204 37.37492752 [3772] TDWSoan constructor
00000205 37.37571335 [3772] Retrieving all countries and their equivalent names
00000206 37.37580109 [3772] # countries=55
00000207 37.37582779 [3772] Retrieving all categories and their equivalent names
00000208 37.37586594 [3772] # of new categories=6
00000209 60.00093079 [3772] TDWSoan Initialize
00000210 60.00907135 [3772] TheDarkWraithUserOptions InitializeVariables
00000211 60.01175690 [3772] TDWMouse constructor
00000212 60.03727341 [3772] Page main InitializeScript
00000213 60.21132278 [3772] Menu InitializeScript
00000214 106.68513489 [3772] Start Campaign Screen
00000215 110.55067444 [3772] CTrackTag::Flush(): Could not send tag!
00000216 281.60580444 [3772] Page event camera InitializeScript
00000217 281.93597412 [3772] Page layout InitializeScript
00000218 281.95452881 [3772] TDWHPT constructor
00000219 282.47183228 [3772] Page Default HUD InitializeScript
00000220 282.48260498 [3772] TC level changed to 1
00000221 282.77859497 [3772] TheDarkWraithUserOptions InitializeVariables
00000222 282.96673584 [3772] Page SpeechRecSettings InitializeScript
00000223 282.96899414 [3772] Retrieving WWII ship names
00000224 282.98080444 [3772] Page captain log InitializeScript
00000225 283.07543945 [3772] Page TDC InitializeScript
00000226 283.10580444 [3772] Mousewheel event RotateRAOBFInnerDial not found to remove!
00000227 283.10617065 [3772] Mousewheel event AttackDiscDegrees not found to remove!
00000228 283.10668945 [3772] Mousewheel event AttackDiscSpeedAndDistance not found to remove!
00000229 283.10800171 [3772] Mousewheel event AttackDiscDegrees added
00000230 283.12155151 [3772] Menu StartGame
00000231 283.19329834 [3772] TheDarkWraithUserOptions StartGame
00000232 283.19595337 [3772] TDWRadioMessages Initialize(params)
00000233 283.19659424 [3772] Page event camera StartGame
00000234 283.19747925 [3772] Pageeventcamera's draggables restored!
00000235 283.19842529 [3772] Page SpeechRecSettings StartGame
00000236 283.19845581 [3772] PageSpeechRecSettings's draggables restored!
00000237 283.23721313 [3772] Page layout StartGame
00000238 283.27609253 [3772] Pagelayout's draggables restored!
00000239 283.28915405 [3772] high precision timer reset
00000240 283.28933716 [3772] Stopping high precision timer
00000241 283.29165649 [3772] Timer stopped
00000242 283.32040405 [3772] Page Default HUD StartGame
00000243 283.32644653 [3772] TheDarkWraithUserOptions InitializeVariables
00000244 283.36419678 [3772] using SH5 Enhanced UI style
00000245 283.50396729 [3772] Page ChalkBoard InitializeScript
00000246 283.55239868 [3772] PageDefaultHud's draggables restored!
00000247 283.55838013 [3772] TC level changed to 1
00000248 283.56951904 [3772] TDWRadioMessages Initialize()
00000249 283.56973267 [3772] Clearing all radio messages
00000250 283.57122803 [3772] Reading radio messages for day from file
00000251 283.57723999 [3772] Generating BDU position message
00000252 283.57858276 [3772] Page captain log StartGame
00000253 283.58630371 [3772] Page TDC StartGame
00000254 283.58776855 [3772] PageTDC's draggables restored!
00000255 283.58917236 [3772] Page main StartGame
00000256 283.58969116 [3772] Menu StartGame
00000257 285.59152222 [3772] Page ChalkBoard StartGame
00000258 285.59899902 [3772] PageChalkBoard's draggables restored!
00000259 353.40921021 [1108] 6194.068 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000260 353.48178101 [1108] 6194.233 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000261 353.79800415 [1108] 6194.549 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000262 353.79843140 [1108] 6194.550 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000263 353.89990234 [1108] 6194.652 | WARNING: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 337@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::HandleE mptyDescriptors : Empty descriptors..
00000264 353.90066528 [1108] 6194.653 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.
00000265 354.11532593 [1108] 6194.867 | ERROR: [UXDriver.Utility.DesktopUtil] 68@Nvidia::UXDriver::Utility::DesktopUtil::SetThre adToInputDesktop : Could not set thread desktop: 0xaa.

Does that make any sense TDW?

Thanks, Trebb

trebby
07-25-11, 03:08 PM
Oh,

Thanks Trevally for guiding me too!

Came to the above result, be it with a detour:D

Cheers, trebb.

Dieselglock
07-25-11, 03:14 PM
OHII didn't define some flags for some of the countries (or they made last minute changes and I haven't updated SOAN yet). Your mod order is probably ok :up:

Hi Dieselglock

Alas there are still some errors with the ship part of the mod.
I am sure this is one of them.

We hope to add fixes as soon as they become available:up:

Thank you TDW and Trevally. I was thinking I had a screwed up mod order. Keep up the good work.

TheDarkWraith
07-25-11, 03:15 PM
at which point do you get the c++ error? Everything looked fine in that DbgView (except for you need to update your nVidia graphics driver)

trebby
07-25-11, 03:32 PM
OK TDW,

Its the same sequence at any order of mods (even when only your MO and OH II are active):

All works well seemingly, just created new career and loading...
The the Bunker view is faintly visible in darkness (without OHII the black loadscreen turns to "full color" normal bunker view in 1-2 secs) but this time the bunker sounds are shortly (2 secs) hearable.
A short "sqeek" is heard and the game freezes with faint view of bunker.

Pressing "esc" brings CTD. When instead using the system manager I can click on the taskbar of sh5 and retrieve the Visual C++ message as discribed....

Trebb.

Rongel
07-25-11, 03:34 PM
Hello,

I have just finished re-installing sh5 for a fresh start with this mod. Thanks to all for the hard work producing this mod. Everything looks fine leaving Kiel for first patrol.

Have a one question. Checking my soan I see some missing flags and dates seem messed up. I have read through most of the posts in the related forums but don't see this mentioned anywhere. This seems to be the case with many pages in the soan.There are few countries that don't yet have flags in the mod (almost everyone of them are new Free-nations, like FreeBelgium and so on. I'm working with the missing flags and they will be updated later. I'm not sure though if it will make the SOAN entries work... The mod has already the "CovFlagArgentina" in the recmanual folder so it should work at least in the Museum. But in your picture there was a question mark... Not sure how it will work in SOAN. Is it TDW's field?

TheDarkWraith
07-25-11, 03:34 PM
OK TDW,

Its the same sequence at any order of mods (even when only your MO and OH II are active):

All works well seemingly, just created new career and loading...
The the Bunker view is faintly visible in darkness (without OHII the black loadscreen turns to "full color" normal bunker view in 1-2 secs) but this time the bunker sounds are shortly (2 secs) hearable.
A short "sqeek" is heard and the game freezes with faint view of bunker.

Pressing "esc" brings CTD. When instead using the system manager I can click on the taskbar of sh5 and retrieve the Visual C++ message as discribed....

Trebb.

Do a forum search for C++ redistributable CTD. You probably have a version installed of it that is causing problems.

trebby
07-25-11, 04:17 PM
Holy mack, it works!:rock:

I took a breath and uninstalled all Visual C++ from my compu...
(A new search attempt and my own old search pointing in this direction.)
Downloaded latest version Visual ++ (ver. 2010) from MS and reinstalled.
Thats it!

TheDarkWraith and Trevally (and all other of you great modding guys!),
now that I have your attention I stand at attention and thank you very much, gentlemen for your BRILLIANT work and UNSELFISCH sharing!

I wish you fair winds and "Fette Beute" IRL!

Cheers, Trebb.:salute:

Trevally.
07-25-11, 04:31 PM
Glad you got it fixed trebby:up:

dem
07-25-11, 04:58 PM
hi all

are the minefields ment to show on the nev map
and are they me ment to be white

i play with real navigat

this i mod list
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Original map colors
stoianm upgrade available mod comp Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
Torpedo Splash
AirTorpedoes
nVidia missing lights
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
OPEN HORIZONS II
20% mines ice dolphines v2
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Manos Scopes-patch for 5x4
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.5
OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages v2
stoianm crew abilities available mod compatible MO
Remove Steelvikings shadow mod

dem
07-26-11, 10:27 AM
hi all

i play with real navigat

this i mod list
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Original map colors
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
Torpedo Splash
AirTorpedoes
nVidia missing lights
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
OPEN HORIZONS II
DBSM_Music_1_0_4

Up date from above

i am 256km NW of Bremen in a minefields

Zedi
07-26-11, 11:25 AM
hi all

i play with real navigat

this i mod list
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Original map colors
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
Torpedo Splash
AirTorpedoes
nVidia missing lights
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
OPEN HORIZONS II
DBSM_Music_1_0_4

Yes, the minefileds will shown on map if you play with contact on. Was the only solution to make them spotable by the crew.

Regarding the missing texture for the mines.. I really dont know what to say, maybe TDW can give a better answer on this as he imported and make them to work in SH5.

TheDarkWraith
07-26-11, 12:48 PM
Regarding the missing texture for the mines.. I really dont know what to say, maybe TDW can give a better answer on this as he imported and make them to work in SH5.

Which mines are missing textures? the floating no chained, floating with chain, or the underwater chained? Screenshot?

Hoth
07-26-11, 02:07 PM
:DL Albino?

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/218/2011072321.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/2011072321.jpg/)

dem
07-26-11, 02:28 PM
Yes, the minefileds will shown on map if you play with contact on. Was the only solution to make them spotable by the crew.

Thanks 4 that:salute:

dem
07-26-11, 02:29 PM
Which mines are missing textures? the floating no chained, floating with chain, or the underwater chained? Screenshot?

it floating with chain

THE_MASK
07-26-11, 06:57 PM
Tec , Campaign lite works fine with no ctds so far . If i use the full campaign ( but with no mines etc) with the added ships i get ctds . I did get a ctd once when going to fire on a ship with the deck gun . I cannot remember which ship . This tells me it might have something to do with one of the new ships zones , maybe . Just my observations .

TheDarkWraith
07-26-11, 10:23 PM
it floating with chain

in \data\Textures\TNormal\tex see if the following files are present:
- Mine_Chain.dds
- Mine_Steel.dds
- Mine_Steel_Chained.dds

For the one who posted the albino dolphin see if this file is present in the same folder:
- Dolphin.dds

Zedi
07-27-11, 01:49 AM
Tec , Campaign lite works fine with no ctds so far . If i use the full campaign ( but with no mines etc) with the added ships i get ctds . I did get a ctd once when going to fire on a ship with the deck gun . I cannot remember which ship . This tells me it might have something to do with one of the new ships zones , maybe . Just my observations .

I kinda agree on this, happened to me many times but so far I found no pattern for the ctd. So I cant tell that ship XYZ is causing problems, but for sure these new ships/units are troublemakers. Flotation problems, flickering or even missing textures etc. Which makes me to believe that indeed the best solution is to remove every extra feature from the campaign and post them as additional mods.

But SteelViking is not active, so I cant ask him to update his topic with the imported ships where he could gather the bug reports and try fixing them. Same goes with the enviro units where there is no general topic for them, all enviro units have a separate topic. The only new unit that is not causing problems are the buoys. But we have to do this or this mod will be a pita forever.

- Mine_Chain.dds
- Mine_Steel.dds
- Mine_Steel_Chained.dds

For the one who posted the albino dolphin see if this file is present in the same folder:
- Dolphin.dds
I just had a check on this problem and the missing textures are my fault. I copied these texture in the tex folder right now so they will be in the included in the final version. Thanks for the reports, another bug solved.

dem
07-27-11, 02:20 AM
- Mine_Chain.dds
- Mine_Steel.dds
- Mine_Steel_Chained.dds

- Dolphin.dds

Hi update
I have
-Mine_Chain.dds
- Mine_Steel.dds:yeah:
BUT NO Mine_Steel_Chained.dds:down:

Hoth
07-27-11, 12:41 PM
- Mine_Chain.dds
- Mine_Steel.dds
- Mine_Steel_Chained.dds

- Dolphin.dds

In the directory SH5/data / Tekstures / Tnormal / tex has no texture
Dolphin.dds and Mine_Steel_Chained.dds
The downloaded file OHII not have these textures.

Sorry for my English. Translate :salute:

Stormfly
07-27-11, 01:12 PM
would it be possible to get those missing textures in a last dirty hot fix, before seperating the packages ?

...would help against too much campaign restarts.

Magic1111
07-27-11, 02:06 PM
would it be possible to get those missing textures in a last dirty hot fix, before seperating the packages ?

2nd this....! :yeah:

Zedi
07-27-11, 02:41 PM

I dont really like the patch over patch system, but this is kinda important. So here it is http://www.gamefront.com/files/20605263/OH2_Textures.7z. This is only the texture folder, nothing else. So no need to enable in bunker or restart campaign.

Hoth
07-27-11, 05:54 PM
I dont really like the patch over patch system, but this is kinda important. So here it is http://www.gamefront.com/files/20605263/OH2_Textures.7z. This is only the texture folder, nothing else. So no need to enable in bunker or restart campaign.

Thank you.

kapitan_zur_see
07-27-11, 06:47 PM
Started a 1939 mission going to scapa flow. Always end up with a CTD when I'm around scapa flow trying to begin sneaking in... 14 saves loaded, took some others on different places around scapa... 14 CTDs.
On any other situations, I also tends to get CTDs from time to time.

[F:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_patch
Shadow Improvement Mod
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircr aft_Spotting
Radio mod
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.1 Patch
Dark_Interior_V1
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (U-552-Red Devil Emblem) v-1.0.0
TheBeast Bunker Mechanics Upgrade List image (U-552-Red Devil)
personal commands
Environment Sounds
OPEN HORIZONS II
grammo
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_No_contact_shapes_or_colors
KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck
I guess I'll have to test on light version, but it's getting old having to starts new campaigns on and on... Especially not knowing if problems will be solved. Even not knowing if it has something to do with your mod to begin with! I also tried with reduced mines, dolphins and etc.

My spec: core 2 E8500, w7 64, 4gb ddr2 800, hd5870

Magic1111
07-28-11, 03:10 AM

Thanks Zedi ! :up:

0rpheus
07-28-11, 06:59 PM
Quick question chaps, what date is the next mission (after 'North Western Approaches') keyed to in the first campaign? I'm now at Feb 8th and it's been several months since the last mission (NW Approaches was in November iirc) - ordinarily I'd plow on and see but I've remixed my mod list a couple of times and managed to keep my save... just want to make sure I've not broken it!

Actually don't tell me the date, just tell me I've not missed or b0rked it, then it'll still be a surprise. ;)

Erk more questions - at the start of Happy Times, are you meant to start in Bremen, and not Lorient?

Possibly unrelated but I was given command of a new sub late in the first campaign.. I've not tried any of the subs apart from the starter, this new one and now the 7c (I'm using Nozaurio's 7c skin, so I know I'm in one now at the start of Happy Times) - and my 7c does 11 knots or so at half speed ahead.. the sub I was given to replace my starter sub in the first campaign did 14 knots at half speed ahead! Wondering if I skipped a few sub levels and got given a later boat by mistake? Frustrating that it doesn't tell you what you're upgrading to! Any thoughts?

Zedi
07-29-11, 04:01 AM
Nostradamus said that you have 2 more mission left and April will be a hot month.. not sure what he meant, maybe you should start looking for your shirt and sun glasses. Anyway, play on high realism because this campaign is not much fun if you rush it and play on lower realism settings. You can complete a mission in just a few hours that way...

Regarding the bases, I have no clue about where and when you will have the bases .. this part was covered by Trevally and its a surprise even for me. Bremen sounds a bit weird but Trevally can give you a better answer on this matter.

14 knts for a typ A or B is way to much at half speed. Maybe you tweaked your crew and added points to the engineer, thats a cheat. Maybe he pour vodka in the engines to get that speed...

0rpheus
07-29-11, 09:32 AM
Nostradamus said that you have 2 more mission left and April will be a hot month.. not sure what he meant, maybe you should start looking for your shirt and sun glasses. Anyway, play on high realism because this campaign is not much fun if you rush it and play on lower realism settings. You can complete a mission in just a few hours that way...

Regarding the bases, I have no clue about where and when you will have the bases .. this part was covered by Trevally and its a surprise even for me. Bremen sounds a bit weird but Trevally can give you a better answer on this matter.

14 knts for a typ A or B is way to much at half speed. Maybe you tweaked your crew and added points to the engineer, thats a cheat. Maybe he pour vodka in the engines to get that speed...

Hehe thanks, Nostradamus' prediction sounds about right :) I think that save has corrupted (doing some odd gfx things) so I may have to ditch it anyway, but good to know the OHII part is working ok. :) ... and I play on as high realism as I'm capable of for now, which is 57% no manual targeting - I will move to harder but want to learn the game first. Anyway if you guys are playing heavy realism it'd probably be a good thing for me to test it at slightly lower realism as not everyone who tries OHII will play the very hardcore style - at least this way all your bases are covered ;)

Will await word from Trevally re the bases but I did test 'Happy Times' as a stock campaign and started at Bremen as well, so I'm guessing it is meant to be that way, despite the briefing saying you'll be based in Lorient. I took a boat to check it out on the first patrol and saw German fighters bombing French shipping a few miles West of the Lorient Harbour, and Brit destroyers guarding the harbour itself, so maybe you start out at Bremen and then move to Lorient once it 'falls'.

I did think 14 knots at half speed was quite an upgrade... what sub was that then, if not 7a,b or c? I assume the 7a is the starter sub from the first campaign... maybe I was given a more powerful boat than I was meant to. I definitely hadn't used any speed upgrades on the crew, just battery recharge and quieter running. If it's not a stock boat maybe a mod has altered it somehow?

Might be worth keeping an eye on when/if others get their new boats if it's possible to jump the upgrade queue (and timeline?) like that. Is there any way to tell what sub you're in? The fast one had two external torps (one front one rear) just like the 7c, and the second conning tower upgrade for it added an extra AA gun in a second, separate wintergarden behind the first.. dunno if my poor description helps! ;)

Cheers again for all the help mate :) :salute:

UPDATE: by June 26 1940 all of France is blue and Lorient is captured. Brest and a few others along the Northern Coast went first, then the rest a while later (not sure how long tbh). Theory confirmed :)

And another minor bug - during Happy Times, my uboat is designated U-69 (in my captain's log messages from BDU), but the blue radio messages asking me to report in are still addressed to U-21 ;)

Trevally.
07-29-11, 01:41 PM
Will await word from Trevally re the bases but I did test 'Happy Times' as a stock campaign and started at Bremen as well, so I'm guessing it is meant to be that way, despite the briefing saying you'll be based in Lorient. I took a boat to check it out on the first patrol and saw German fighters bombing French shipping a few miles West of the Lorient Harbour, and Brit destroyers guarding the harbour itself, so maybe you start out at Bremen and then move to Lorient once it 'falls'.

UPDATE: by June 26 1940 all of France is blue and Lorient is captured. Brest and a few others along the Northern Coast went first, then the rest a while later (not sure how long tbh). Theory confirmed :)

And another minor bug - during Happy Times, my uboat is designated U-69 (in my captain's log messages from BDU), but the blue radio messages asking me to report in are still addressed to U-21 ;)

Good find Orpheus:yeah:
I am working on Harbour Pilot at the mo, but will get onto this asap:salute:

cobalt
07-29-11, 02:25 PM
I have a pretty strong computer and I CTD when ever I try to use the full version. No problems with lite though

Trevally.
07-29-11, 04:00 PM
I have a pretty strong computer and I CTD when ever I try to use the full version. No problems with lite though

Thanks for the feedback Cobalt:salute:

Trevally.
07-29-11, 05:28 PM
Happy Times starts 15/06/40

[CareerOptions 2]
ID= Happytimes40
[CareerOptions 2.Flotilla 1]
ID= C2Flotilla1
NameDisplayable= 2. Unterseebootsflottille
IDLinkFlotilla= 2ndFlotilla ; link to ID in Flotilla upc file
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F2VIIC, 1
FlotillaBriefingText=
FlotillaCommonality= 1

[Flotilla 2]
ID= 2ndFlotilla
NameDisplayable= 2ndFlotilla-Name
AvailabilityInterval=NULL, 1944-08-31
[Flotilla 2.Base 1]
ID= F2Kiel
NameDisplayable= Kiel-Base-Name
Info= Kiel-Base-Info
ExternalBaseName= Kiel
AvailabilityInterval= 1937-09-01, 1939-09-31
DepartureDescription1= 1217736.891907, 6518668.470551, 328.940399
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 1216450, 6531720, 30
[Flotilla 2.Base 2]
ID= F2Wilhelmshaven
NameDisplayable= Wilhelmshaven-Base-Name
Info= Wilhelmshaven-Base-Info
ExternalBaseName= Wilhelmshaven
AvailabilityInterval= 1939-10-01, 1940-06-31
DepartureDescription1= 979351.891095, 6425338.882576, 180.777161
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 983640, 6421670, 0

[Flotilla 2.Base 3]
ID= F2Lorient
NameDisplayable= Lorient-Base-Name
Info= Lorient-Base-Info
ExternalBaseName= Lorient
AvailabilityInterval= 1940-07-01, 1944-08-31
DepartureDescription1= -399004.497429, 5730374.314606, 169.253159
DepartureDescriptionOut1= -403840, 5726020, 225

So you can see that the 2nd flotilla will transfer you to Lorient on 01/07/40:hmmm:

testing......

0rpheus
07-29-11, 05:34 PM
Happy Times starts 15/06/40

---

So you can see that the 2nd flotilla will transfer you to Lorient on 01/07/40:hmmm:

testing......

Yup worked for me. This is another case of the stock game being confusing - it tells you in the voiceover campaign briefing that you'll base out of Lorient, but the game needs Lorient to be 'captured' by the Germans before you can go there. Heading there early shows you German air attacks on allied shipping in the area, didn't stick around long enough to see if a fleet turned up. :D Eventually a few bases in France are captured, then the rest and the country turns blue.

Trevally.
07-29-11, 05:43 PM
Yup worked for me. This is another case of the stock game being confusing - it tells you in the voiceover campaign briefing that you'll base out of Lorient, but the game needs Lorient to be 'captured' by the Germans before you can go there. Heading there early shows you German air attacks on allied shipping in the area, didn't stick around long enough to see if a fleet turned up. :D Eventually a few bases in France are captured, then the rest and the country turns blue.

yip - works ok:up:

renthewog
07-30-11, 02:04 AM
Hi guys okay so just installed OHII the full version with a suitable (and hopefully non-conflicting mod list as below)

A couple questions, can i just continue my current career mode that i was doing before i re-configured all my mods and included the OH campaign mod, or do I have to start a new one?

I tried in-game with a new career and my current one, and i dont really see much changes to the game, all i've noticed is buoys outside the harbour, havent seen any mines yet, or nets..where do you find them?

As for harbour traffic, saw a friendly convoy in harbour, but was just sitting there stationary..no moving cranes or animated docks or is that a different mod?

When in subpen havent there isnt any other U-boats in the pen with me like shown in the screenshot on the OHII thread, havent yet come across any whales or dolphins but that could be pot luck..

Oh yeah and just to test explosions in the harbour i torpedoed a friendly destroyer and upon impact and explosion game froze...had to ctrl_alt_del to get out.

FPS not an issue so far...

heres the mod list and PC specs:

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 (patched of course)
nVidia missing lights
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
DBM_Alarm_BackGrnd_Video_Widescreen
Shadow Improvement Mod
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircr aft_Spotting
NewUIs_TDC_6_x_x_Progress Bar_by_Torpedo v2
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix
AirTorpedoes
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWr aith
OPEN HORIZONS II
OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages v3
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (hurricane version) V2.1
SteelViking's Bunker Fixes V1.0
Naights Submaine Textures v1.2 (PUV)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.5
Torpedo Splash
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional louder engine sounds
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Rel_SH4_BBC_1939_to_1945
Rel_SH4_Trans-Atlantic_Radio

PC specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i7 2600 CPU 3.70Ghz
8 Gb RAM
GeForce GTX 580

Trevally.
07-30-11, 04:50 AM
A couple questions, can i just continue my current career mode that i was doing before i re-configured all my mods and included the OH campaign mod, or do I have to start a new one?

If OH II was installed when you started your career - then it should be ok.
When you adjust your mod list, it is ok to take out OH II - change list and then put back OH II and continue your career.

I tried in-game with a new career and my current one, and i dont really see much changes to the game, all i've noticed is buoys outside the harbour, havent seen any mines yet, or nets..where do you find them?

Mines are all over the UK coast and around the N and SE of the North Sea. Your hydro should pick them up before you see them.
Net are in some of the Allies ports.

As for harbour traffic, saw a friendly convoy in harbour, but was just sitting there stationary..no moving cranes or animated docks or is that a different mod?

Convoys will form up just outside the harbours. Docked ships will just stay docked.

Re: animated docks.
HanSolo has made this mod http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166104
It will not work with OH II yet but we hope Han will do this when we get rid of the bugs in OH II.

When in subpen havent there isnt any other U-boats in the pen with me like shown in the screenshot on the OHII thread, havent yet come across any whales or dolphins but that could be pot luck..

The u-boats are not in all bunkers and some have been move to the next pen. Dolphins etc will show up. Again you will get them on hydro first.

Oh yeah and just to test explosions in the harbour i torpedoed a friendly destroyer and upon impact and explosion game froze...had to ctrl_alt_del to get out.

Think of this as a court marshall:D

Hoth
07-31-11, 09:47 AM
I have a problem with OH2.

The first patrol.
Mission: TotalGermany39
Start mission: 3/03/1939
End mission: 17/09/1939
Result: 4 ships sunk 14482 tons.
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6164/sha50.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sha50.jpg/)

Kiel base - start a second patrol.
Mission: TotalGermany39
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8858/shb50.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/shb50.jpg/)

After loading the loading screen, go to the ship.
Date of commencement of the second patrol to 01/01/1940 :o

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3168/shc50.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/shc50.jpg/)

August resets the computer and the game exits to the desktop. :k_confused:
Sorry for my English. Translate

Trevally.
07-31-11, 10:44 AM
Hi Hoth,

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6383/sh5img20110731163523.jpg

Here you can see that I am within the date that is causing you issues.
I have no objectives - just out hunting any ship that I find. :Kaleun_Periskop:
(killed lots of fishermen :D)

Not sure what could cause the problem you are having - can you try a saved game before this happened and post you mod list?

mobucks
07-31-11, 01:05 PM
is there perhaps a recommended mod list for striclty testing OHII?

I think it would be helpful to add this info, so as a baseline, for bug reporting.

Im going to try TDWUIs, FXupdate, and OHII plus patch to start. Is that good enough? Ill save the sound mods/ENV mods for after I see things working or not.

Hoth
07-31-11, 03:59 PM
Hi Hoth,
Not sure what could cause the problem you are having - can you try a saved game before this happened and post you mod list?
[H:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
008_BBC_1939_to_1945
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
d3d_antilag101
nVidia missing lights
Original map colors
Shadow Improvement ModLR
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights
021_FX_Update_0_0_16_ByTheDarkWraith
021_FX_Update_0_0_16_UHS_Fix
Enhanced FunelSmoke_by HanSolo78
003A_SH5Lifeboats_2.0
003B_SH5Lifeboat_sound
Periscope_and_antenna_extended_fix-1.0.2
Real Fog
SubFlags_0_0_6_byTheDarkWraith
001A_No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
001B_NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7
sobers base wave mechanics V17 SH5
sobers chimney smoke V2
sobers real trees
sobers smaller water drops
stoianm EnvWeather V1 SH5
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5
stoianm upgrade available mod stock file
Uniform_Pascal
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
OPEN HORIZONS II
OH2_Textures

Trevally.
07-31-11, 04:24 PM
Hi Hoth,

The issue you are reporting has me puzzled.
I can think of nothing that could cause it.

But - there is something about the date that has me thinking.
01/01/1940 is the default date for all layers in the capaign.
This is also the start date for all timings in the campaign (timed triggers are all set from this date. i.e. event trigget time 0000010 means trigger that event 10 seconds after 01/01/40 00:00)

So this date is a very important date for the campaign:hmmm:

I will have a look through the missions/obejtives and see if I can spot anything.

Trevally.
07-31-11, 04:36 PM
is there perhaps a recommended mod list for striclty testing OHII?

I think it would be helpful to add this info, so as a baseline, for bug reporting.

Im going to try TDWUIs, FXupdate, and OHII plus patch to start. Is that good enough? Ill save the sound mods/ENV mods for after I see things working or not.

Hi Mobucks,

Yes - those should work well. I have been using those + Stormfly's sounds throughout.

Or follow a mod list like Sober's (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/album.php?u=223410) - that would be good:up:

mobucks
08-01-11, 10:22 AM
I will be stress testing this full version on my setup now for possible CTDs caused by over demand of my system. Can I drive straight to Scapa Flow from the first campaign? I recall someone saying the "prien" mission is possible before X date but afterwards the Scapa will be in full defence. If so, what area can you recommend I go to for stress testing? Perhaps I will just use Silentotto to be sure, by starting a new campaign later in the war. Will report my experience.

Zedi
08-01-11, 11:29 AM
Scapa mission is all about being Prien. A legendary mission but with a major bug. The final release will solve the problem.

I planned that in the second when you hit the main target a major taskforce will join the scene and investigate the area. Of course, the trigger and events script is not working in SH5 :| Hail Ubi.

crepitis
08-01-11, 12:03 PM
Scapa mission is all about being Prien. A legendary mission but with a major bug. The final release will solve the problem.

I planned that in the second when you hit the main target a major taskforce will join the scene and investigate the area. Of course, the trigger and events script is not working in SH5 :| Hail Ubi.

I am using OHII light version and during my first campaign on the Eastern British Coast assignment I was offered a new assignment "breaking the Fortress" , I take it this is the Scapa mission you are reffering to ?

I sneaked in , late evening with cover of fog and literaly stumbled across a large warship which I could just make out through the fog.

I hit her with 3 torpedoes and high tailed it out again.
I was credited with sinking a Queen Elizabeth class Battleship of, I think, 31000 tons. I recieved a message from BDU congratulating me...followed immediately by another telling me to "be more aggressive" :o :DL

Trevally.
08-01-11, 12:24 PM
I was credited with sinking a Queen Elizabeth class Battleship of, I think, 31000 tons. I recieved a message from BDU congratulating me...followed immediately by another telling me to "be more aggressive" :o :DL

:har:

There was 2 BBs there.

Be more aggressive :D

crepitis
08-01-11, 12:35 PM

There was 2 BBs there.

D'oh ! :doh: , curse that fog ! :wah: :DL

vlad29
08-01-11, 04:31 PM

There was 2 BBs there.

2 BBs to be sank in one mission-isn't it realistic and historically prooved?:o
OHII is full of realism I quess:haha: Lets add USS Nimitz + a couple of "Mistral"-type HC to Scapa also:har:

mobucks
08-01-11, 06:35 PM
These new toop transports named after members of the subsim community were floating/driving in their convoy with the stern completely submerged. I will say this only happened when i re-loaded a save game about 11km from these ships.

Zedi
08-02-11, 03:32 AM
Zones.cfg used in this mod is wrong, just figured this out. If you guys know how to do it, use the zones.cfg from FW or BARF. The final release of OH2 will not have this file.

Sorry vlad29 that I cant laugh with you, Im missing your point.

mobucks
08-02-11, 08:47 AM
If you use FX, you must use that Zones.cfg, otherwise all the cool new features of FX will not show in your game.

0rpheus
08-02-11, 09:06 AM
Zones.cfg used in this mod is wrong, just figured this out. If you guys know how to do it, use the zones.cfg from FW or BARF. The final release of OH2 will not have this file.

Erk! How do we do that? :hmmm: EDIT: No worries, mobucks says how in this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=186253

Copy the zones.cfg from the FXUpdate mod, create a new folder for it with the rest of your mods and enable with JSGME. I called mine 'FX Update Zones OHII Fix' so I remember to remove it when the final version is released :D

I think Vlad is questioning whether sinking two battleships at Scapa is historically realistic/accurate, and if the rest of the campaign is of a similar realism. Hope that helps :)

Zedi
08-02-11, 10:32 AM
Erk! How do we do that? :hmmm: EDIT: No worries, mobucks says how in this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=186253

Copy the zones.cfg from the FXUpdate mod, create a new folder for it with the rest of your mods and enable with JSGME. I called mine 'FX Update Zones OHII Fix' so I remember to remove it when the final version is released :D
Thats correct!

I think Vlad is questioning whether sinking two battleships at Scapa is historically realistic/accurate, and if the rest of the campaign is of a similar realism. Hope that helps :)
Then he need to read more about what Prien did at Scapa and how. There is a whole website about this incident where you can read about every second of his historical raid. Also, booth BB's location in this mission is historical accurate. After october 39 Scapa gets sealed.

mobucks
08-02-11, 12:26 PM
NEAT, i will look up this website, Uboat.net perhaps?

Drakron
08-02-11, 12:47 PM
Then he need to read more about what Prien did at Scapa and how.

I think this is were the problem starts.

What Prien did is fine as a historical mission but on the campaign there should be a element of alternative history, since, after all we can sink ships that historically continued in service.

Attacking Scapa Flow in the campaign should not but as constrained to what Prien did, what would happen if we arrived before the Gneisenau successful lured the Home Fleet and we had the Nelson, Rodney, Hood, Repulse and Furious besides the Oak Royal and the, I presume, Iron Duke as potencial targets?

Having the historical sorties of the Gneisenau and the Home Fleet add a level of random were you can do as well as Prien did or perhaps even better depending on several factors.

Zedi
08-02-11, 01:37 PM
NEAT, i will look up this website, Uboat.net perhaps?
www.u47.org (http://www.u47.org/)

I think this is were the problem starts.

What Prien did is fine as a historical mission but on the campaign there should be a element of alternative history, since, after all we can sink ships that historically continued in service.

Attacking Scapa Flow in the campaign should not but as constrained to what Prien did, what would happen if we arrived before the Gneisenau successful lured the Home Fleet and we had the Nelson, Rodney, Hood, Repulse and Furious besides the Oak Royal and the, I presume, Iron Duke as potencial targets?

Having the historical sorties of the Gneisenau and the Home Fleet add a level of random were you can do as well as Prien did or perhaps even better depending on several factors.

This is where you are wrong. The SH5 campaign engine is best in the series. This is a really dynamic campaign where nothing is scripted and everything happens randomly. You put a ships on the water and give him an order to reach point B, but you will never be sure if she will reach that point and where she will sail. She can anytime meet a hostile ship and get sunk.

In the stock campaign every historical event is already there. Bismarck will set sail and do every historical trip, even Hood and the whole hunting party is set to leave the ports at the correct date and hunt Bismarck, but thats all. The rest is randomness. They maybe will never meet each other, Bismarck can meet another hostile taskforce and get delayed or even sunk... you will never know.

Regarding Scapa, there is nothing scripted there except that Royal Oak is docked. But except RO you can never be sure what you will find there. You can find an empty harbour or you can find a lot of ships, thats up to the campaign engine randomness. You will never find the same ships twice, no matter how many time you will make a missions. Only RO is there for sure, the rest is pure randomness.

An yes, is very possible that you may hop on the whole home fleet when approaching Scapa. And if that happens, be sure that is not a scripted event. Nothing in this campaign is scripted. To be honest, wish I could find out what will happen with the invasion fleet on Op. Weserubung. There are mines, there is a big british taskforce searching them.. many things can happen, maybe they will never reach the target ports. Like I said, Ive put ships on water, but from that point is all about randomness.

Drakron
08-02-11, 01:55 PM
This is where you are wrong.

Then I am wrong, I was induced in error by mistaken understanding some posts.

mia389
08-02-11, 02:53 PM
I had something unusual happen today. My crew had shot down a biplane(guessing from CV). When it was killed I got this message.
http://www11.picfront.org/picture/2KXEmIiTu/thb/wtf.jpg (http://www.picfront.org/d/8iAa)
[MODS]
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1=1
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith=2
TDW_No_contact_shapes_or_colors=3
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith=4
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix=5
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith=6
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting=7
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos=8
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style=9
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast=10
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk=11
Radio Paris French Music Full Version 1.2=12
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.6=13
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6=14
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5=15
nVidia missing lights=16
Naights Submaine Textures v1.2 (PUV)=17
WoGaDi Mod BetaSix=18
Open Horizons II Light=19
OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages v3=20
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_Real_Navigation=21
Capthelms Sounds=22
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1=23
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1=24
Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch=25
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1=26
Dynamic Environment SH5 BrighterNights V2.1=27
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1=28
Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (temperate and polar) V2.1=29
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1=30
Dynamic Environment Undersea (mediterranean) V2.1=31
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1=32
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (normal)=33

vlad29
08-02-11, 04:41 PM

Then he need to read more about what Prien did at Scapa and how. There is a whole website about this incident where you can read about every second of his historical raid. Also, booth BB's location in this mission is historical accurate. After october 39 Scapa gets sealed.

1. Re. my point: as far as I understood from previous posts the mission to Scapa in the campaign is not accomplished untill you manage to sink 2 BB's , and BDU is insisting on it ("congratulations, but be more agressive:arrgh!:"). If to point the main mission task as "To sink HMS 'RO' only" (as the general objective)- that should be more realistic I think. And nobody forbidden to sink extra ships (in add. to 'RO', anchored by Zedi downthere), if you want to overcome cpt.Prien. Am I right? The problem is I have no opportunity to pass this mission personally (with installed OH2 l've CTD when trying to leave the bunker), so maybe there's some misunderstanding from my sight while reading the Crepitis' and Trevally's posts above.

2. I've read about Prien's operation before, but the information was mostly general (lets say 'encyclopedic type of information'), so thank You, Zedi, for your link to u47.org:yeah: The described facts on this resource are very detailed and useful:salute:

Trevally.
08-02-11, 05:13 PM
as far as I understood from previous posts the mission to Scapa in the campaign is not accomplished untill you manage to sink 2 BB's ,

Only 1 BB is required for that objective in OH II:up:

vlad29
08-02-11, 07:23 PM
Only 1 BB is required for that objective in OH II:up:
Thanks Trevally to clarify I'm an idiot who had to study English better 25 years ago!

@Zedi - My apologizes, friend:oops:

mobucks
08-02-11, 11:03 PM
how cool, i think this was added by OHII:

Tutorial Mission, on the way back to kiel, ran alongside at least 4 seperate German Convoys! Not once have I had this happen in my other run-throughs of the tutorial mission. Bravo! I am still smiling ear to ear even after the random CTD that happened pulling into the harbor.

Zedi
08-03-11, 12:40 AM
I had something unusual happen today. My crew had shot down a biplane(guessing from CV). When it was killed I got this message.

I see that you use OH2 light, which is the stock campaign where only the main objectives were changed. I would take this incident as a humorous one or a coincidence... maybe the carrier was sunk by another AI unit while you were in close by and just because you shoot down a plane from the carrier, the kill was linked to you.

... The problem is I have no opportunity to pass this mission personally (with installed OH2 l've CTD when trying to leave the bunker), so maybe there's some misunderstanding from my sight while reading the Crepitis' and Trevally's posts above.

Well, there was a problem with this mission that I fixed now. When you sink any BB in Scapa you should get a congratulation message from Bdu but also this incident should trigger a general alarm and some pissed off taskforces should join the scene and search for you. But the triggers script not work as intended in SH5 and mostly cause game crash, so I removed the entire event/trigger part. Anyway, this was the reason why some of you guys got 2 radio messages, 1 or 2 from the campaign and some extra from Trevallys radio mod.

I've read about Prien's operation before, but the information was mostly general (lets say 'encyclopedic type of information'), so thank You, Zedi, for your link to u47.org:yeah: The described facts on this resource are very detailed and useful:salute:

No campaign in any SH version ever covered Prien's raid but every SH fan raided at least once Scapa. So here was the chance to fix this problems and give the opportunity to the players to be Prien and do the job in your own way. If you accept this task from Bdu, you have to sink only 1 capital ship in Scapa and that is not set to be only RO. It can be any capital ship you just find there. And of course you have the option to ignore this mission, same as you can ignore any missions in the campaigns, the game will still advance and the first campaign will end in June 40 followed by Happy Times.

We cant reach Rongel anymore, he is not responding to our messages. Is there anybody who know to work with .dat files and willing to fix the flag.dat so we can pack up and release the final versions of this mod?

Rongel
08-03-11, 02:48 AM
We cant reach Rongel anymore, he is not responding to our messages. Is there anybody who know to work with .dat files and willing to fix the flag.dat so we can pack up and release the final versions of this mod?

I'm still here! :D Just really occupied with work recently. But I'll finish the flag.dat this weekend, it's already half way done... Promise!

EDIT:

If TDW is reading this, do you know how to get the small flag icons to appear in SOAN? I can make them show up in Museum and stock recmanual by adding them to data/menu/gui/recmanual/ but they don't appear in SOAN... :06:

Zedi
08-03-11, 03:16 AM
Ow, thanks Rongel.. glad to see you back. Time is not an issue, important is that you are still interested in finishing this job. Thanks again.

TheDarkWraith
08-03-11, 08:10 AM
If TDW is reading this, do you know how to get the small flag icons to appear in SOAN? I can make them show up in Museum and stock recmanual by adding them to data/menu/gui/recmanual/ but they don't appear in SOAN... :06:

I have to setup SOAN for this. To make the flags work in SOAN was a convoluted mess. You'll have to send me the new flags that need to be added to SOAN.

Rongel
08-03-11, 01:51 PM
I have to setup SOAN for this. To make the flags work in SOAN was a convoluted mess. You'll have to send me the new flags that need to be added to SOAN.

Okay, I'll send you the flags as soon as I'm done with them! :DL

vlad29
08-03-11, 04:17 PM
@Trevally
Hi, fellow! What do U think about the idea of applying both OHII (light)+ Imported Ship Pack v.1.1 in the mod-list? Are this mods compatible?
As far as I understood ISP v.1.1 is a part of OHII (full). If this combination works that should be almost the same result as OHII (full) with the reductions (exc. harbour traffic which is FPS-killer):hmmm:

And one more question: is the Light Campaign v.1.2 is necessary/possible to be applied before OHII (light or full), or the last one changes/removes all stock game objectives since 1939?

Thanks in advance:salute:

mobucks
08-03-11, 07:46 PM
I found the best way to get what you want Vlad, is to do OHII full, followed by the FPS increasing mods like "remove mines/ice/dolphins" and "50% reduced harbor ships"

then you have the full OHII campaign, including the new ships and wolfpack behavior ect.

ustahl
08-04-11, 12:58 AM
I found the best way to get what you want Vlad, is to do OHII full, followed by the FPS increasing mods like "remove mines/ice/dolphins" and "50% reduced harbor ships"

then you have the full OHII campaign, including the new ships and wolfpack behavior ect.

Yes! That's the way to do it. Even without reducing harbor ships full runs gr8 on my system by just removing mines/ice/dolphins.:yeah:

Zedi
08-04-11, 02:13 AM
@Trevally
Hi, fellow! What do U think about the idea of applying both OHII (light)+ Imported Ship Pack v.1.1 in the mod-list? Are this mods compatible?
As far as I understood ISP v.1.1 is a part of OHII (full). If this combination works that should be almost the same result as OHII (full) with the reductions (exc. harbour traffic which is FPS-killer):hmmm:

And one more question: is the Light Campaign v.1.2 is necessary/possible to be applied before OHII (light or full), or the last one changes/removes all stock game objectives since 1939?

First of all, this mod is still in public beta test. And this beta test helps a lot to fix and improve things for the final release. But we already decided how the final versions will looks like:

OH2 full

OH2 lite - only the campaigns objectives changed and gameplay extended up to 1945.

OH2 - this one will have no imported ships and enviro units and can be customized with the following extra options:
- Imported ships pack
- Enviro units

So those who have issues with the full version but want more than the lite edition can customize their campaign mod by adding or only the new ships or only the enviro units. I dont recommand using other imported ships mod than the one already included in OH2 because this one have the latest fixes. Same goes for the enviro units.

I have to remind this again: this campaign mod is intended for those who play on high realism, not for those who rush it and want a fast advance. Low TC is recomended to be used around coast lines where the traffic is increased. For example I use max 512 in areas like North Sea and max 1536 out in the middle of the ocean. This way there will be no crash when you encounter traffic and your rig have to compute too much data at once. If you have a very performat PC, you can increase the TC but the values listed should be enough just because the traffic is increased and the wait time for a new target is much lower than in the stock settings.

0rpheus
08-04-11, 11:05 AM
OH2 - this one will have no imported ships and enviro units and can be customized with the following extra options:
- Imported ships pack
- Enviro units

So those who have issues with the full version but want more than the lite edition can customize their campaign mod by adding or only the new ships or only the enviro units. I dont recommand using other imported ships mod than the one already included in OH2 because this one have the latest fixes. Same goes for the enviro units.

This sounds like an excellent way to approach it. If these environmental packs will work with Light I'll happily test them for you. :)

Zedi
08-04-11, 11:45 AM
This sounds like an excellent way to approach it. If these environmental packs will work with Light I'll happily test them for you. :)

Heh.. this reminds me how OH 2 development started. I just wanted to add these enviro units to the stock campaign, then it suddenly turned out into a major campaign rework :doh:

But yeah, its possible to add the enviro units to the lite campaign, not a biggie. Even the new ships can be made to work with lite campaign, same as is the original/first version. Just load them in the game and the generic traffic will suck them in.

Trevally.
08-04-11, 11:52 AM

Hi Vlad,

Sorry, the light campaign v1.2 will not work with any version of OH II:salute:

Edit: Please note that the "Light campaign v1.2" is not the same as the OH II Light

Trevally.
08-04-11, 11:55 AM
Heh.. this reminds me how OH 2 development started. I just wanted to add these enviro units to the stock campaign, then it suddenly turned out into a major campaign rework :doh:

:har::D:up:

mynameisme
08-04-11, 02:41 PM
Hi, whenever i use open horizons and open horizons radio messages V2 i cant hear any diesel engine sounds, is there anything i can do?

Accurate German Flags
Real Environment - Revision_2
sobers & stoianm base fog mechanics V16 SH5
AilBubbles 1.0
AilClouds 3.0
AilSmoke 1.7
Dooms Decks for VIIABC41 1.4
DBSM_Speech_1_0_4
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.1 (Part 1)
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.1 (Part 2)
Original map colors
Manos Scopes-Core Files
BRF 1.3 full
BRF 1.1 HP balance
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7
Open horizons II
OHII and lite campaign radio messages V2

vlad29
08-04-11, 02:49 PM
Hi Vlad,

Sorry, the light campaign v1.2 will not work with any version of OH II:salute:

Edit: Please note that the "Light campaign v1.2" is not the same as the OH II Light

That sounds great and means there should not
be the stock missions at all with the unreal objectives that needed to be reduced by LC:up:

Zedi
08-04-11, 03:26 PM
Hi, whenever i use open horizons and open horizons radio messages V2 i cant hear any diesel engine sounds, is there anything i can do?

Accurate German Flags
Real Environment - Revision_2
sobers & stoianm base fog mechanics V16 SH5
AilBubbles 1.0
AilClouds 3.0
AilSmoke 1.7
Dooms Decks for VIIABC41 1.4
DBSM_Speech_1_0_4
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.1 (Part 1)
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.1 (Part 2)
Original map colors
Manos Scopes-Core Files
BRF 1.3 full
BRF 1.1 HP balance
SH5Lifeboats_2.0
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7
Open horizons II
OHII and lite campaign radio messages V2

I will have to check on the sdl file that store the buoys sound. But making this file compatible with every mod around is kind of mission impossible. But I noted the problem and I will have a look into.

mynameisme
08-04-11, 04:15 PM
Ah i loaded open horizons before the sound mods ,seems to be fixed for me, and ,cheers for the mod :up:

TheDarkWraith
08-04-11, 06:14 PM
I will have to check on the sdl file that store the buoys sound. But making this file compatible with every mod around is kind of mission impossible. But I noted the problem and I will have a look into.

Having more entries than needed in sdl file is ok. It's the reverse of it that's not ok. You can use my SDL Editor to quickly merge any differences found between sdl files :up:

Zedi
08-05-11, 03:05 AM
Thats the plan TDW, but how on earth I can make the campaign sdl compatible with all mods. I should find a sdl that already has all mods sound files included, but no clue which one would that be....

Magic1111
08-05-11, 03:17 AM
Thats the plan TDW, but how on earth I can make the campaign sdl compatible with all mods. I should find a sdl that already has all mods sound files included, but no clue which one would that be....

Hi Zedi !

I can send you mine sdl file ! I´ve merged all needed entries from all known (Sound-)MODs into one (e.g. TDW / Stormy / HarborMOD from HanSolo/ Lifeboat / Icebergs / OH....).

If you interested, tell me via PM your Mail Adress !

Best regards,
Magic

Trevally.
08-05-11, 01:10 PM
Hi Zedi !

I can send you mine sdl file ! I´ve merged all needed entries from all known (Sound-)MODs into one (e.g. TDW / Stormy / HarborMOD from HanSolo/ Lifeboat / Icebergs / OH....).

If you interested, tell me via PM your Mail Adress !

Best regards,
Magic

Thats great Magic:yeah:

Magic1111
08-05-11, 02:44 PM
Thats great Magic:yeah:

No problem, forgot to tell: The entries for the "Battlestation-Soundmod" are incl. too !

Best regards,
Magic

0rpheus
08-07-11, 03:22 AM
Just a couple of minor things for your fix list Trevally:

'Western Approach' mission in second campaign should have two 'p's (current is 'Aproach').

The ö in Dönitz and other similar characters are not displaying properly in radio messages, usually represented by upside-down question marks.

And maybe a slightly bigger one - I've just sunk a 31,000 ton 'Royal Sovereign Battleship (and a 10k Kent Cruiser - jammiest attack ever) well within the boundaries of the 'Force H' red circle in Mare Nostrum, 'The Rock' mission - but the tonnage hasn't registered with the mission (assuming both warships & merchants count?). Guessing I need to be closer in to Gibralter (eek!) but if so then might be worth moving the 'Force H' indicator so it's over the area where the kills will trigger. :yeah:

:salute:

Trevally.
08-07-11, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the report Orpheus.
I will check these things out:up:

Trevally.
08-07-11, 08:11 AM
@ Orpheus

Fixed spelling.
I have enlarged the area where a kill will count and also added that if BB or other taskforce leaves from Gibraltar - it will count:up:

TheDarkWraith
08-07-11, 09:49 AM
@Trevally - noticed that the roster entry for Uruguay is spelled Uruquay (q instead of g). You should probably review all roster entries and names to ensure correct spelling. Is spelled incorrectly in Names.cfg also.

Trevally.
08-07-11, 10:15 AM
@Trevally - noticed that the roster entry for Uruguay is spelled Uruquay (q instead of g). You should probably review all roster entries and names to ensure correct spelling. Is spelled incorrectly in Names.cfg also.

Good spot TDW:salute: Could this have caused some ctds:hmmm:

Found also that some countries had roster folders but were not named in the name.cfg

Fixed :up:

0rpheus
08-08-11, 10:11 AM
Finding Mare Nostrum really quite difficult so far.. some more thoughts based on the last post:

Check those target areas carefully. I sank 4 ships along the Siege of Tobruk line and only the one nearest the 'T' of Tobruk itself counted, the three further East (but still along the convoy line) didn't register: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/sh52011080803125415.jpg/

Same issue still with The Rock as well, went even further in towards Gibraltar, just North of Melilla - sunk a 31k ton Royal Battleship (and am currently trying to escape the 10+ escorts, eep!) and still no register.

Similar with Deliveries to Malta - sunk the 25k fine but have patrolled that zone for months, right up to the transfer to Greece and not seen a single troop transport. Found a whole convoy of them coming out of Gibraltar and sunk one on the off-chance, still didn't register. No idea what to think about this as I'm sure they must be there...

Noticed you said you might be putting OHII out for release proper tonight in the other thread so I figured I should post this! I guess what I'm saying is the visual 'area' that's marked on the map must at least correspond to the potential kill area, or be slightly larger than it (my kills at Tobruk for example) - otherwise we're patrolling in the wrong places and not getting the right kills to complete the mission. Probably worth checking each area in the campaign as a whole to make sure the visual aid and the kill-area are in the same place with plenty of overlap at the edges or this kinda thing could happen a lot :)

Cheers for all the help & work on this Trevally! As an aside, are you still keen to work on the storyline (the character development you mention in the main thread)? I'm a writer, so at a later date I could work with you to expand/improve crew dialogue if you like, as a way of saying thanks! :D

Trevally.
08-08-11, 11:09 AM
Finding Mare Nostrum really quite difficult so far.. some more thoughts based on the last post:

Check those target areas carefully. I sank 4 ships along the Siege of Tobruk line and only the one nearest the 'T' of Tobruk itself counted, the three further East (but still along the convoy line) didn't register: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/sh52011080803125415.jpg/

A kill will count it the convoy/ship is on route to or leaving from Tobruk.
Not all ship passing that are are headed to that port, but the ones that are will count. Tip- hunt closer to the harbour and they will all count.

Same issue still with The Rock as well, went even further in towards Gibraltar, just North of Melilla - sunk a 31k ton Royal Battleship (and am currently trying to escape the 10+ escorts, eep!) and still no register.

I have fixed this already:up: the catch area for a kill is now very large and if you kill one on the med side of gibraltar - it will count.

Similar with Deliveries to Malta - sunk the 25k fine but have patrolled that zone for months, right up to the transfer to Greece and not seen a single troop transport. Found a whole convoy of them coming out of Gibraltar and sunk one on the off-chance, still didn't register. No idea what to think about this as I'm sure they must be there...

:up: I will check this out

Noticed you said you might be putting OHII out for release proper tonight in the other thread so I figured I should post this! I guess what I'm saying is the visual 'area' that's marked on the map must at least correspond to the potential kill area, or be slightly larger than it (my kills at Tobruk for example) - otherwise we're patrolling in the wrong places and not getting the right kills to complete the mission. Probably worth checking each area in the campaign as a whole to make sure the visual aid and the kill-area are in the same place with plenty of overlap at the edges or this kinda thing could happen a lot :)

under review:up:

Cheers for all the help & work on this Trevally! As an aside, are you still keen to work on the storyline (the character development you mention in the main thread)? I'm a writer, so at a later date I could work with you to expand/improve crew dialogue if you like, as a way of saying thanks! :D

This would be a huge undertaking - each time I look at the crew storylines :o I quickly close the page:arrgh!::D

See green

0rpheus
08-08-11, 11:38 AM
See green

Cool looks like it's well in hand (I figured as much but extra info never hurts before a release)! Re the workload on the crew dialogue, just how much are we talking here? I get little three or four sentence dialogues from the main crew and that's about it... I guess there's quite a few given the length of the campaign but I'm happy to at least give it a look and see what's there and what could be done with it.

PM me for an email addy, send me the stuff if you fancy it. Can't hurt to look!

0rpheus
08-10-11, 06:48 PM
Couple more typos for you Trevally.

in Battle of the Mediterranean campaign:

Fortress Gibralter description should be 'tankers' and 'merchant ships'.

Rommel's Supplies description should be 'Libyan' not 'Lybian'. :D

Also, is it the case that the two big Iron Cross (final mission or whatever it is) mission in a campaign only appears if you complete all the others successfully? And when it says '20k tons of supplies must reach Libyan bases', what does this mean? We have to hit battlegroups to disrupt anti-shipping operations?

EDIT: just got two red radio messages, the top two (no longer red as I clicked on them) in the screen here, on the 19th Dec: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558664839992647357/7882EBC9ABFF416C669C6D3C605DFA22C3BA9A87/

And another here: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558664839993019650/37F483330827671524C22A6E021E691979DABFC1/

Guessing these are meant for another Campaign, not Battle of the Mediterranean and I shouldn't be seeing them!

Echolot
08-11-11, 05:24 AM
Hello OHII-team.

In the OHII files there is a "turning point.dds" (data/Menu/Gui/Campaign).

When I select the Turning Point campaign in the Campaign selection screen the battle of the mediterranean.dds is displayed instead of the turning point file. How can I change this?

Thank you.

Echol:ping:t.