PDA

View Full Version : 2011 SUBSIM Werewolf Game: Intro, Rules, FAQ, & Aftermath

Pages : [1] 2 3

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 12:26 AM
Ok, some people have PM boxes that are full, so please, use the download PM feature and save your PMs to your hard drive, then delete about half from your PM box, ok? (Hint: usually the oldest half).

I will give everyone some time to reply, the rules will go up soon, and then I will unlock and start the game.

One question, will these times work for everyone?

See POST # 5 for Intro, times, and FAQ.

Tinman764
06-22-11, 01:32 AM
They work for me, I can get up for work and find out if I'm dead! lol :yeah:

Raptor1
06-22-11, 01:36 AM
Those times are acceptable.

Bakkels
06-22-11, 02:22 AM
No problems here. That's certainly a schedule I can work with. :up:

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 02:31 AM
SUBSIM Werewolf Hunt 2011

Getting Started
The object of this game is to survive, and make sure your team survives. The first step is to create your character. There is a difference between creating a character for this game and most others: your character's class and abilities are secret, only you know them. I will put all the players' names in a random class generator. Everyone will be assigned a team and class randomly and I will PM you with your ID.

The Teams and classes are listed below:

The Humans: Your normal, average human. This class receives no special powers, but they do get one bonus: for every three humans that vote to lynch the same person, they receive one extra vote. This makes teamwork among humans important.
To get that extra vote, at least three humans must Declare Alliance. In the thread, when the lynch vote is called for during the day cycle, it will be posted like this:
George: "I Declare Alliance with Tom and Bill, I vote Sammy to be lynched."
Then Bill posts: "I Declare Alliance with Tom and George. I vote Sammy to be lynched."
And finally Tom posts: "I Declare Alliance with Bill and George. I vote Sammy to be lynched."
And Sammy is royally screwed, because that makes 4 votes for him, plus any other votes.
Seer: The Seers are a special brand of human. Each night, they can check ONE person's alignment, to see if they are a human or a werewolf.

Guardian: The Guardians are humans armed with magic talismans, like a silver cross. They're the closest thing our little band of survivors has to defense. Each night, they choose one person to protect. If that chosen person is attacked by a werewolf, the Guardian will protect them and the werewolf is beaten back, without the Guardian or the person he is protecting being killed. If the werewolf attacks the Guardian, he is unharmed, but he loses his powers, and can no longer protect anyone or himself against future attacks.

The Werewolves: The Werewolf is a terrifying beast. Each night, they choose one person to attack. If that person is not being protected by a Guardian, the werewolf will kill them.

If a werewolf A attacks another werewolf B, no one is killed, but werewolf A learns the ID of werewolf B. WWB knows nothing. WWA can contact WWB and try to convince him they are both WWs. Of course, anyone can run that line, if they wish.

Playing the Game
The Game is simple, it's based on hunches, trust, distrust, and discussion. Oh, and imagination! The game is divided into two segments, the Day cycle and the Night cycle. As the moderator of the game, I will post in the thread when the Day cycle starts and when the Night cycle starts. Bear in mind that your alignment, wolf or human, and your class are secret. Only you know who you are and what your abilities are.

Day Cycle/Night Cycle, WTH time is it already?

GMT
4pm to 4am: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 4am.
4am to 5am lynch vote counted, execution carried out.
5am to 4pm Night begins, seers, guardians, wolves PM their actions to me.

EST
12Noon to Midnight: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 11pm.
Midnight to 1am: Lynch vote counted, execution carried out.
1am to Noon: Night begins, seers, guardians, wolves PM their actions to me.

CST
11am to 11pm: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 11pm.
11pm to midnight: Lynch vote counted, execution carried out.
Midnight to 11am: Night begins, seers, guardians, wolves PM their actions to me.

You can use the clock page here to synch your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=152,37,136,1440,198,104 ,224 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=152,37,136,1440,198,104 ,224)
If you need me to add a clock for you, let me know. I trust you can do the math.

During the Day cycle, everyone is in their human form. During this time, the players may argue and debate as much as they want about who they believe is a werewolf. Bluffing, lying, and trickery is permitted. During this time, they discuss who they think may have been at the scene of the last killing, who should have seen something, who was missing and unaccounted for.... Then I will call for a vote on who they wish to lynch. The person who receives the most votes is lynched by the mob, and, being dead and all, is out of the game. Once you are dead, please do not post in the game thread. Some players like to change their votes at the last minute. We allowed it last time--this time, when you vote, it is written in stone! Too much work for the Narrator, refiguring things, and too chaotic for the other players, refiguring strategies. When you vote, it is done. Remember, lynch votes are public, in the thread. Not PM. And please, do NOT edit your vote post, once you vote, it is final. Edited or deleted lynch vote posts will count as a vote against you.

Often humans are very reluctant to lynch and don't really question each other in public, so they are having trouble lynching the right people. What some of the players are learning is that when you question each other in PM, you cannot benefit from the group scrutiny.

During the Night cycle, the werewolf players become hideous monsters bent on killing every human player in the game.
* Each werewolf will send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE saying who they wish to attack,
* while Seers PM me who they wish to search to find out if they are a wolf or not,
* and Guardians send me a message saying who they want to protect.
Once all the messages are in, or the Night cycle time limit is up (typically 9 hours), I put together the results and post what happened during the night. Any unprotected human who was attacked by a wolf will be killed, the Seers will be private messaged the results of their search (what they do with this information is entirely up to them.). And then the Day cycle begins again, and the players must decide who they believe is a wolf and lynch them.

I will post each time the cycle changes from Day to Night, and back to Day. During the Day, the players may discuss (or argue, spazz, plot, rant) who they want to kill. You must all vote before the specified time limit is up. Voting is done in the thread, open ballot. The member with the most votes is lynched. I will then begin the night cycle, which works as described above.

The objective of the game is simple: If you're human, kill all the wolves so your team survives. If you're a wolf, kill all the humans so your team survives.

Remember, think first before you reveal your team alignment or class to anyone. For example, a Seer would not be wise to post, "I'm a Seer. Kill this person, he's a wolf." Even if someone does post their ID or PM you for an alliance or to share info, you have no way of knowing if it is true and accurate. However, they can argue to try and kill that person. Convince others to see your side. Manipulate them for your own ends. Your survival is in your quick words.

While most of you will be human, some of you will be werewolves, Seers, & Guardians. None of you will know for sure who is what, only I will know. So if someone PMs you and says "I'm a Seer, Johnny is a werewolf, lynch him!" you will not know if that is true or a lie
The only way to kill a werewolf is by voting to kill someone in the day and he turns out to be a werewolf. When a werewolf is lynched, he is revealed as a werewolf.

Also, it bears worth repeating, that everyone will be acting like they are human in the daily discussions. Werewolves are human form during the day and will certainly try to disguise their true nature and get the real humans to lynch another non-werewolf. During the day, humans, and werewolves disguised as humans, and seers and guardians will all discuss the previous night's events (use imagination), and all will vote who to send to the firing squad.

You should post what you say, what you do, and where you go, and interact with the other players, not script their moves, dialogue, and thoughts.

As Narrator, I decide any plot devices, triggers, and reveals. You may PM me with a theory or a question, I may reply with a clue, an answer, a story enhancement, or other...OR I may not reply at all. Don't take it personally, it's part of the mystery and part of the game. You cannot question the Narrator in the game thread.

I may plant clues in the story, and if a player posts some action that I feel "discovers" something from the clue, I may use that & send the info by PM so the storyline could develop.

If a player tries to enhance the story in the thread and the Narrator does not approve, it will be edited with explanation. Don't take it personally. It's the most awesome thing if you as a player acts as the character would, does what a character would, WITHOUT impacting the story. For example, you may post, "Wow, here's a keg of beer, I'll set that up in the tavern". You would not post: "That Danny, he stole my red socks, so I shot him with my Luger!"

This is the thread to ask questions about procedure and game issues.

Yes, it will suck to be the first person killed by a werewolf, and just as frustrating to be the first person lynched. Stay in character and don't take it personally. And above all...

...have FUN with this! :yeah:

Good luck.
Neal

Rear
06-22-11, 02:38 AM
Schedule looks ok to me at first glance :yeah:

Tarrasque
06-22-11, 03:10 AM
Times seem fine.

HunterICX
06-22-11, 03:46 AM
Times seems fine for me.

HunterICX

the_tyrant
06-22-11, 05:43 AM
Great! Thank you Neal:yeah:

mookiemookie
06-22-11, 06:31 AM
Works for me

Lord Justice
06-22-11, 07:35 AM
These times are fine.

AVGWarhawk
06-22-11, 07:45 AM
Looks workable.

Jimbuna
06-22-11, 07:48 AM
I'm fine with the times Neal but wasn't there some mention earlier of some kind of super werewolf?

Oberon
06-22-11, 07:52 AM
2pm GMT could be problematic for me, if you could do 3 or 4pm that would be awesome. I don't get back from work until about 2pm GMT-ish so if I was a wolf, seer or guardian I wouldn't be able to put in my actions. :oops:

AVGWarhawk
06-22-11, 07:56 AM
Super werewolf?

Takeda Shingen
06-22-11, 08:35 AM
Works here. Looking forward to it!

Raptor1
06-22-11, 09:10 AM
Super werewolf?

The first and second hunts had one special werewolf/beast capable of murdering targets even when they're protected by a Guardian.

Task Force
06-22-11, 10:01 AM
Sounds cool.

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 10:09 AM
I'm fine with the times Neal but wasn't there some mention earlier of some kind of super werewolf?

Yes, the Hell Hound. I removed that, thinking the game was already complicated enough.

Hellhound - The Hellhound is a particularly nasty breed of werewolf, capable of overpowering even a human Guardian. These choose one person to attack each night, just as a normal werewolf does. However, if that person is a Guardian, they are killed just as if they were a normal human. Or if that person is being protected by a Guardian, BOTH players are killed. If, by chance, the Hellhound attacks someone defended by TWO Guardians, the Hellhound randomly kills one of the three players (The attackee, or one of the two Guardians).

If I recall, that really was troublesome. I can add it back in, if people want, though.

2pm GMT could be problematic for me, if you could do 3 or 4pm that would be awesome. I don't get back from work until about 2pm GMT-ish so if I was a wolf, seer or guardian I wouldn't be able to put in my actions. :oops:

Ok, how about 3GMT, everyone?

New proposed schedule, please review and sign off.

GMT
4pm to 4am: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 4am.

CST

11am to 11pm: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 11pm.
Midnight to 11am: Night begins, seers, guardians, wolves PM their actions to me.

Werewolf Hunt clock: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=152,37,136,1440,198,104 ,224 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=152,37,136,1440,198,104 ,224)

AVGWarhawk
06-22-11, 10:13 AM
Just about any time is good for me. Have smart phone, will travel. :03:

Task Force
06-22-11, 10:16 AM
So what would that be for us easterners? EST?

Bakkels
06-22-11, 10:30 AM
Yes, the Hell Hound. I removed that, thinking the game was already complicated enough.
If I recall, that really was troublesome. I can add it back in, if people want, though.

Meh, I don't think it will add anything to the game. And it's complicated enough as it is indeed.
Btw, I like that werewolves won't be able to kill eachother anymore. If that happens only once, the odds shift way too much to the humans imo.

Still no problem. Although some of us across the pond will be putting in the lynch votes some hours before the deadline I imagine. I'm not awake every night at 4 a.m. :DL

Tinman764
06-22-11, 10:30 AM
UJust about any time is good for me. Have smart phone, will travel. :03:

Ditto for me aswell

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 10:39 AM
So what would that be for us easterners? EST?

Check the clock. East coast is one hour ahead of the great state of Texas.

EST

12Noon to Midnight: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours, role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 11pm.
Midnight to 1am: Lynch vote counted, execution carried out.
1am to Noon: Night begins, seers, guardians, wolves PM their actions to me.

And the proposed schedule has to fit within the Narrator's work schedule as well ;)

Meh, I don't think it will add anything to the game. And it's complicated enough as it is indeed.
Btw, I like that werewolves won't be able to kill eachother anymore. If that happens only once, the odds shift way too much to the humans imo.

Still no problem. Although some of us across the pond will be putting in the lynch votes some hours before the deadline I imagine. I'm not awake every night at 4 a.m. :DL

Agreed, if wolves can kill each other, one fluke could end the game.

Yes, you are allowed to put in your lynch vote any time withing the 11 hour window.

Jimbuna
06-22-11, 10:44 AM

Ok, how about 3GMT, everyone?

GMT

CST

Werewolf Hunt clock: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=152,37,136,1440,198,104 ,224 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=152,37,136,1440,198,104 ,224)

Rgr that Neal...cheers.

One more thing (and I'm simply asking because some of the older hands may yet)...the second game like this we played was beset by people witholding their votes for fear of reprisals I suspect and Letum had a bit of a job sorting out some of the daily outcomes if you recall.

Any more information/guidelinws regarding the matter?

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 11:16 AM
Yeah, we had that problem with the original WW hunt. There's only so much we can do with players who cannot stay with the game. I don't want to impose a militant "vote or else" policy, that takes away from the fun atmosphere.

Maybe this time people will adhere to the game structure and play. If they withold their vote for fear of reprisals, then the dominant players can weed them out.

Also, I remember it was a problem for some, when some players changed their votes. We allowed it last time--this time, when you vote, it is written in stone! Too much work for the Narrator, refiguring things, and too chaotic for the other players, refiguring strategies.

When you vote, it is done.

Tarrasque
06-22-11, 11:38 AM
New times still fine.

Jimbuna
06-22-11, 01:19 PM
Yeah, we had that problem with the original WW hunt. There's only so much we can do with players who cannot stay with the game. I don't want to impose a militant "vote or else" policy, that takes away from the fun atmosphere.

Maybe this time people will adhere to the game structure and play. If they withold their vote for fear of reprisals, then the dominant players can weed them out.

Also, I remember it was a problem for some, when some players changed their votes. We allowed it last time--this time, when you vote, it is written in stone! Too much work for the Narrator, refiguring things, and too chaotic for the other players, refiguring strategies.

When you vote, it is done.

Rgr that :yep:

Nisgeis
06-22-11, 01:24 PM

Having a think through many possible scenarios, each with different openings and mid games it all boils down to who plays what character as to whether it's a good thing or not.

But I think it's great to try new rules so I say let's see what happens with no super werewolf.

EDIT: A quick question: If a werewolf attacks a guardian (or protectee), will the guardian recognise the werewolf?

AVGWarhawk
06-22-11, 01:56 PM
Ok..so when does the first mauling of a victim commence?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5N1ihiiiCUA/TZVYw7toW3I/AAAAAAAAADs/7sghszkTqmc/s400/werewolf+attack.JPG

Jimbuna
06-22-11, 02:08 PM
RIGHT ABOUT............ NOW!!

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1014/animatedwerewolf.gif

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 02:25 PM
Having a think through many possible scenarios, each with different openings and mid games it all boils down to who plays what character as to whether it's a good thing or not.

But I think it's great to try new rules so I say let's see what happens with no super werewolf.

EDIT: A quick question: If a werewolf attacks a guardian (or protectee), will the guardian recognise the werewolf?

That is a great question.... what do you guys think?

Ok..so when does the first mauling of a victim commence?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5N1ihiiiCUA/TZVYw7toW3I/AAAAAAAAADs/7sghszkTqmc/s400/werewolf+attack.JPG

Working on the maps and story tonight, I hope to be done tonight, or by noon CST tomorrow. I am waiting for all the players to sign in to this thread first.

mookiemookie
06-22-11, 02:37 PM

I say no, because it gives guardians the power of being a seer..."True Seeing" for the DnD nerds out there.

Bakkels
06-22-11, 02:49 PM

Hm, I think he wouldn't be able to recognize the person. This would make him kind of like a seer wouldn't it? At least in the original game as I know it (but that's the 'real life' party game), the guardian assigns someone to protect, and then closes his eyes again before the werewolves wake up to make a kill.
And in that version, the wolves know who the other wolves are. They don't know that in our version, so they're already handicapped. Allowing a guardian to recognize the werewolf would make it even harder on them I think.

AVGWarhawk
06-22-11, 02:51 PM

Working on the maps and story tonight, I hope to be done tonight, or by noon CST tomorrow. I am waiting for all the players to sign in to this thread first.

PM'd you on something interesting I found. First game for me so the super wolf make no difference to me

Jimbuna
06-22-11, 03:07 PM
I say no, because it gives guardians the power of being a seer..."True Seeing" for the DnD nerds out there.

I agree with Mark.

Nisgeis
06-22-11, 03:30 PM
If it was a given that it happened, then it would be bad... however and I don't really like it, but if the game was heavily biassed to the wolfies then maybe it could be used as a leveller to extend the game a bit.

I'm not really a fan of having rules that change or are loosely defined, as it makes it very hard to work out what's going on, but as long as we know the possibility is there then it's not a change and does add a bit of flexibility.

The Enigma
06-22-11, 03:35 PM
Hi Neal,

Time table looks OK to me.

Rear
06-22-11, 04:22 PM
Guardian: The Guardians are humans armed with magic talismans, like a silver cross. They're the closest thing our little band of survivors has to defense. Each night, they choose one person to protect. If that chosen person is attacked by a werewolf, the Guardian will protect them and the werewolf is beaten back, without the Guardian or the person he is protecting being killed. If the werewolf attacks the Guardian, he is unharmed, but he loses his powers, and can no longer protect anyone or himself against future attacks.

If two Guardians protect each other and one of the Guardians is attacked, what happens? Does the attacked Guardian still lose their powers or does the protecting Guardian prevent this from occurring?

Carrying on in this line of thought...if two Guardians trust and consistently protect each other can they ever be killed off?

:doh:

Jimbuna
06-22-11, 04:28 PM
If two Guardians protect each other and one of the Guardians is attacked, what happens? Does the attacked Guardian still lose their powers or does the protecting Guardian prevent this from occurring?

Carrying on in this line of thought...if two Guardians trust and consistently protect each other can they ever be killed off?

Short answer....NO :03:

Raptor1
06-22-11, 04:34 PM
Until one of them is lynched...

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 04:45 PM

Good logic, I agree.

Haha, I always think I have all the bases covered, then someone outsmarts me :)

Based on your second statement, I would say, if G1 is protecting G2, and a wolf hits G1, then G1 is mortal to the next attack. If the wolf hits G2 then G2 is mortal to the next attack.

That's a proposed way to handle it, ideas are very welcome. (I like discussing all the possible variants BEFORE the game begins!)

Bakkels
06-22-11, 04:54 PM
Well you could introduce the rule that a guardian can't protect the same person two nights in a row..

*edit* btw Neil, did you hear anything from our Swedish friend? He wished us all a happy summer and I thought he posted he went away on a trip. And he hasn't been around the last couple of days. Would be too bad if he didn't play. He would certainly add a touch of Babylonian mystery to the game :haha: Plus, he's a nice guy that I have no doubt would be very active in the game considering his post count.

Oberon
06-22-11, 05:13 PM
Revised timetable works for me lovely, thank you Neal :yeah: Looking forward to seeing where I land up this time. :salute:

Takeda Shingen
06-22-11, 07:17 PM
Ready and willing! :DL

Onkel Neal
06-22-11, 07:45 PM
Ok, here is the player roster again.

Update 6/21: Final roster, Members in the game
the_tyrant
Lord_magerius
Bakkels
mookiemookie
Takeda Shingen
Lord Justice (4Para)
Raptor1
Tinman764
HunterIXC
Vendor
jimbuna
Oberon
AVGWarhawk
Task Force
Rear
Weiss Pinguin
The Enigma
Nisgeis
Pioneer
Tarrasque

If your name is on this list you need to check in on this thread and the game clock. If you don't have time, let me know, I can get some more players. thanks.

Pioneer
06-22-11, 08:34 PM
In...working multiple timezones.

Jimbuna
06-23-11, 04:39 AM
Ok, here is the player roster again.

Update 6/21: Final roster, Members in the game
the_tyrant
Lord_magerius
Bakkels
mookiemookie
Takeda Shingen
Lord Justice (4Para)
Raptor1
Tinman764
HunterIXC
Vendor
jimbuna
Oberon
AVGWarhawk
Task Force
Rear
Weiss Pinguin
The Enigma
Nisgeis
Pioneer
Tarrasque

If your name is on this list you need to check in on this thread and the game clock. If you don't have time, let me know, I can get some more players. thanks.

I've no idea but did TarJak apply? :hmmm:

Jimbuna
06-23-11, 04:41 AM
Well you could introduce the rule that a guardian can't protect the same person two nights in a row..

*edit* btw Neil, did you hear anything from our Swedish friend? He wished us all a happy summer and I thought he posted he went away on a trip. And he hasn't been around the last couple of days. Would be too bad if he didn't play. He would certainly add a touch of Babylonian mystery to the game :haha: Plus, he's a nice guy that I have no doubt would be very active in the game considering his post count.

LOL....I've received an email with a photo attachment from him but no detail regardingh a return date.

Onkel Neal
06-23-11, 10:51 AM
I've no idea but did TarJak apply? :hmmm:

Not that I can see, send him an invite, he's always a good player.

Otherwise, I'll have to begin with a smaller number.

Jimbuna
06-23-11, 11:12 AM

Just have :salute:

Onkel Neal
06-23-11, 11:56 AM
Ok, and I have sent an invite to a few of the Subsim superstars of the forum, let's give it one more day.

The story is about 1/2 complete, as is the illustrations page.

I have included 5 plot triggers: these are devices to move the story in a slightly different direction, or induce small plot twists. Players may trigger one, several or none, the story will still play out according to the player's votes and choices. These triggers are realistic and reward (or penalize!) role-playing and strategies.

mookiemookie
06-23-11, 12:40 PM
Ok, and I have sent an invite to a few of the Subsim superstars of the forum, let's give it one more day.

I have included 5 plot triggers: these are devices to move the story in a slightly different direction, or induce small plot twists. Players may trigger one, several or none, the story will still play out according to the player's votes and choices. These triggers are realistic and reward role-playing and strategies.

Ooh...sounds fun. :Kaleun_Salivating:

Oberon
06-23-11, 12:42 PM

I have included 5 plot triggers: these are devices to move the story in a slightly different direction, or induce small plot twists. Players may trigger one, several or none, the story will still play out according to the player's votes and choices. These triggers are realistic and reward role-playing and strategies.

Any wells? :yeah:

Lord Justice
06-23-11, 01:02 PM
Ooh...sounds fun. :Kaleun_Salivating:Yes, but stay focused, keep your wits. :yeah:

The Enigma
06-23-11, 02:31 PM
If your name is on this list you need to check in on this thread.....
Done that

.....and the game clock. If you don't have time, let me know, I can get some more players. thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean with this part :hmmm:

[EDIT]

Is there a reason why some names are in green?

Tinman764
06-23-11, 03:12 PM
I think those are the guys that haven't yet agreed to the timetable and format.

Onkel Neal
06-23-11, 03:50 PM
Any wells? :yeah:

Haha. no, I don't recycle :shucks:

Done that

I'm not sure what you mean with this part :hmmm:

[EDIT]

Is there a reason why some names are in green?

Yes, as Tinman said. I wanted to ensure all particiapnts are ready, willing, and able, so I PMed each and asked them to check the time table and sign off. Obviously, there are a few who are MIA and the game hasn't even started. :timeout: You are good, but if the remaining greenies are MIA, I would like to add a couple of substitues.

The game will begin anytime after 2am CST, about 10 hours from now. I will post the Game Thread, you can still ask game procedure questions here. But, we don't want people to "play the game" in this thread.

Get ready... for a wild weekend on a godforsaken island.

AVGWarhawk
06-23-11, 08:47 PM
Island? Is Ginger or Marianne on this island?:DL

Onkel Neal
06-23-11, 09:07 PM
Lol, sorry, there is a "Ginger" on the island, but I'm not sure you'll wanna fight for her.

This game just got way better, two of the elder Subsim members are staging to fill out the roster. :yeah:

Bakkels
06-23-11, 09:25 PM
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1601/werewolffog.jpg

Tinman764
06-24-11, 01:26 AM
I found a better werewolf hunt! :D

http://www.hairballmedia.com/strippers_werewolves_1.jpg

Tarrasque
06-24-11, 04:19 AM
And so it begins...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E3XW_L9n6b0/St-mkygw70I/AAAAAAAAAs8/weWXIGq2Gik/s400/werewolf.jpg

Raptor1
06-24-11, 04:47 AM
I have a question. What year is it?

Onkel Neal
06-24-11, 04:49 AM
Bum-bum-bum, not sure if it matters, let's go with 1942. Now, that rules out time travel, damn. :damn:

Narrator is going to sleep now, be back in 5 hours.

Raptor1
06-24-11, 04:56 AM
Rules out time travel? Obviously not, Tinman764 somehow got his hands on an StG 44 from the future. :O:

Ah, well, minor problem. 1942 it is, then.

HunterICX
06-24-11, 05:08 AM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5189/christophwaltz300.jpg

Well my English Comrades...enjoy your stay

HunterICX

Tarrasque
06-24-11, 05:08 AM
Don't worry. We already have Jimbuna managing to be in two places at the same time.

At this rate, the werewolves are the least of our worries...

Jimbuna
06-24-11, 05:23 AM
Don't worry. We already have Jimbuna managing to be in two places at the same time.

At this rate, the werewolves are the least of our worries...

Eh?

I thought I was uconscious in the infirmary wearing restraints/manacles :o

Tarrasque
06-24-11, 05:24 AM
Eh?

I thought I was uconscious in the infirmary wearing restraints/manacles :o

Looks like Neal's edited it now. At one point you were in the infirmary, as well as in the POW camp.

Jimbuna
06-24-11, 05:49 AM
Looks like Neal's edited it now. At one point you were in the infirmary, as well as in the POW camp.

Just checked again....I'm definitely unconscious in the infirmary wearing restraints/manacles.

Raptor1
06-24-11, 07:13 AM
I don't suppose the Germans have any fancy bugging devices they can use to listen to conversations inside the bunk houses, right?

Tarrasque
06-24-11, 07:19 AM
I don't suppose the Germans have any fancy bugging devices they can use to listen to conversations inside the bunk houses, right?

I think the answer to that question will be answered when they break down the door with a time travelling assault rifle :haha:

Task Force
06-24-11, 08:27 AM
Rules out time travel? Obviously not, Tinman764 somehow got his hands on an StG 44 from the future. :O:

Ah, well, minor problem. 1942 it is, then.

Hmm its 1942, well, only 1 year till the big retreat!

Oberon
06-24-11, 08:36 AM
Bah, why are there no decent Gefreiter characters in fiction... :damn:

Task Force
06-24-11, 08:40 AM
Bah, why are there no decent Gefreiter characters in fiction... :damn:

"Gefreiter, the forgotten rank" lol

Oberon
06-24-11, 08:42 AM
Wanted to use Pluskat but he's a bloody Major!! :nope:

Takeda Shingen
06-24-11, 09:00 AM
Got my class assignment PM. Sounds good! Looking forward to the game. :)

Tarrasque
06-24-11, 09:32 AM
Far from me to argue with an officer :O:, but do we Brits have free reign to explore or are we stuck within the camp?

Raptor1
06-24-11, 09:39 AM
Well, the German garrison is small enough, and there's really no place to escape to, so they're probably concentrating on keeping us out of their compound than right inside the camp.

Onkel Neal
06-24-11, 10:16 AM
Far from me to argue with an officer :O:, but do we Brits have free reign to explore or are we stuck within the camp?

Stuck in camp. For now.

Raptor1
06-24-11, 10:20 AM
Ah, good to know. So, shall we retcon our nosing around to not having happened?

mookiemookie
06-24-11, 10:21 AM
Yes, I think a bit of a rewind is in order here

Raptor1
06-24-11, 10:22 AM
Can be easily solved by changing the second part of post #39 to "Looks like a locked gate..." and #41 to...err, something else...

EDIT: Done. Takeda might want to make some minor adjustments to the end of his post.

Tarrasque
06-24-11, 10:24 AM
Or just #41 deleted.

EDIT: Done.

Onkel Neal
06-24-11, 10:27 AM
No big deal, the gaurds can run you back inside.

You'll get more freedom as the game goes on.

Good RP so far, really interesting. :yep:

Takeda Shingen
06-24-11, 11:05 AM
EDIT: Done. Takeda might want to make some minor adjustments to the end of his post.

Meh. I've established that the reporter is a wide-eyed dolt. It is conceivable that he thought that they could just walk out of the place and that the fact that the gate was locked would be astounding to him.

Ducimus
06-24-11, 12:05 PM
I couldn't resist an easy movie reference. Id be surprised if nobody picked up on it. :har:

I haven't gotten it firmly in my head when day or night is. Im working remotely right now, and i kept track of two different time zones, so a third one is making my head numb. Also since ive started working remotely my company is acutally getting more work out of me then if i was in the office. Mainly because any diversions im running on my home PC, which is on a separate network from my issued lap top. So i don't check the forum as often as i used to since it involves me twirling around and scooting my desk over to another PC. Eventually i'll have to get a KVM switch. Kind of a pain.

Tinman764
06-24-11, 03:23 PM
hehe I saw the Shawshank reference, it fit the moment very well i thought! :yeah:

Jimbuna
06-24-11, 03:44 PM
Just have :salute:

He's a bit tied up with work atm.

Onkel Neal
06-24-11, 03:55 PM
I couldn't resist an easy movie reference. Id be surprised if nobody picked up on it. :har:

I haven't gotten it firmly in my head when day or night is. Im working remotely right now, and i kept track of two different time zones, so a third one is making my head numb. Also since ive started working remotely my company is acutally getting more work out of me then if i was in the office. Mainly because any diversions im running on my home PC, which is on a separate network from my issued lap top. So i don't check the forum as often as i used to since it involves me twirling around and scooting my desk over to another PC. Eventually i'll have to get a KVM switch. Kind of a pain.

Just be sure not to skip any posts in the game thread, the Narrator, that handsome and clever guy, will always post the day/night change like this;

Night begins

and you know when that night ends becuz it will follow later with

Day Begins

And the awesome easy part is, on this planet anyway, there is only day and night, so it's simple to keep up with.

In about 7 hours I will post the night begins, and send PMs to the Seers, Guardians, and Werewolves.

The first plot change will follow soon (meaning, the POWs find a way to escape the camp, provided they show they are looking. No, there's not a specific thing they have to find, they just have to show in the thread that their characters are looking.)

Lord Justice
06-24-11, 04:50 PM
ref post 41 on game thread, is the bunk house door locked?? I assume it would be! we need the water and chief has just walked out into the compound, can someone clarify please? :hmmm:

Onkel Neal
06-24-11, 05:55 PM
No, the bunkhouse is where you sleep, it's unlocked.

Note to all:

If your real life schedule means you cannot post when the vote deadlines approach, you can PM me early.

For example, let's say Jimbuna wants to go to bed at 11pm his time, he can PM me his lynch vote then.

For example, Jimmy in New York is a Guardian, and he gets up at 6am his time to go to work, he can PM me who he is going to protect then.

The Oberst will need to tell me who, if anyone, is in the dungeon getting the water treatment. And he does need to let me know daily who has leave (1 player). That player can then do as he wishes, go where he wishes.

Onkel Neal
06-24-11, 08:08 PM
Did we cover this? It has not occurred yet, but as I build my scoring spreadsheet the thought came to me:

What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy? the guy is dead, really dead.
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy? still dead, more dead than ever
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 Guardian? Guy is safe, Guardian safe but no longer a Guardian
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 guardian? Guy is dead, Guardian is no longer a Guardian
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 2 Guardians? Oh fer gods sake Safe, Safe, both Guardians stay Guardians....

Ok, did I miss anything?:rotfl2:

AVGWarhawk
06-24-11, 08:11 PM
How is the voting accomplished? Do I PM my vote to you for the lynching?

Onkel Neal
06-24-11, 08:33 PM
No lynching on Day 1
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1689823#post1689823

DAY will last as described in the rules, but there will be NO LYNCH vote this day. Just discuss and get into character.

The Enigma
06-25-11, 12:31 AM
Did we cover this? It has not occurred yet, but as I build my scoring spreadsheet the thought came to me:

What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy? the guy is dead, really dead.
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy? still dead, more dead than ever
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 Guardian? Guy is safe, Guardian safe but no longer a Guardian
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 guardian? Guy is dead, Guardian is no longer a Guardian
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 2 Guardians? Oh fer gods sake Safe, Safe, both Guardians stay Guardians....

Ok, did I miss anything?:rotfl2:
What about:
What if a ww attacks a werewolf?
What if a guardian votes to protect him or herself?
What if 2 ww attack nobody?

:rotfl2:

Nisgeis
06-25-11, 01:06 AM
What about:
What if a ww attacks a werewolf?
Werewolf attacker discovers target is a werewolf. Target remains unaware that the attacker is werewolf (I think - is that right Neal?).

What if a guardian votes to protect him or herself?

They'll go blind.

What if 2 ww attack nobody?

Everybody thought somebody was attacked, anybody could have been, but nodoby was. Nobody died.

Tinman764
06-25-11, 02:57 AM
Poor Nobody :nope:

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 04:47 AM
Poor Nobody :nope:

LOL :DL

The Enigma
06-25-11, 08:03 AM
Yeah, let's have some moments of silence to honor him :O:

Oberon
06-25-11, 08:20 AM
*looks at opening thread...pauses...looks again.*

Where is that picture of the Great Hall from? It looks like it's from a Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy IX to be precise. It just seems very familiar to me.

mookiemookie
06-25-11, 08:29 AM
*looks at opening thread...pauses...looks again.*

Where is that picture of the Great Hall from? It looks like it's from a Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy IX to be precise. It just seems very familiar to me.

Tineye (http://www.tineye.com/) says you're right.

Oberon
06-25-11, 08:37 AM
Tineye (http://www.tineye.com/) says you're right.

Alexandria castle library, I thought it looked familiar! :yeah:

Thank you Mookie :salute:

EDIT: And the kitchen, that's the kitchen from Alexandria castle too! And the staircase up to the West Tower! I remember having to guide Steiner up there whilst chasing after Princess Garnet.

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 09:59 AM
Werewolf attacker discovers target is a werewolf. Target remains unaware that the attacker is werewolf (I think - is that right Neal?).

Yes, for sure. :yep:

Alexandria castle library, I thought it looked familiar! :yeah:

Thank you Mookie :salute:

EDIT: And the kitchen, that's the kitchen from Alexandria castle too! And the staircase up to the West Tower! I remember having to guide Steiner up there whilst chasing after Princess Garnet.

hahaha :haha: Finding good castle interior art is difficult.

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 10:30 AM
All the night actions are in, I will cycle now.

August
06-25-11, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Nisgeis http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/haylazblue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1690449#post1690449)

Yes, for sure. :yep:

Just curious but why wouldn't the attacked werewolf not know that he was attacked?

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 11:10 AM
Well, he would not actually be attacked. In this case, WW A would pm me his night action: I am a WEREWOLF and I attack Bob.

I see Bob is WW B, so I reply to WW A: As you size up your target and prepare to leap, you see Bob shudder, groan, and fall writhing to the floor. Before your eyes, he transforms into a beast and roars. You do not attack.

So, in this action, WW A gains an advantage in the game, which offsets his inability to make a kill that night.

Bakkels
06-25-11, 11:19 AM
:stare: Aah well, it was fun while it lasted haha.
Sure curious how the story will unfold..

Tinman764
06-25-11, 11:31 AM
RIP Bakkels, looked like a painful way to go! :dead:

Oberon
06-25-11, 11:40 AM
Oberon up in the Tower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMoNSFmACWI&feature=player_detailpage#t=256s

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 11:49 AM
So are we saying Bakkels is/was a werewolf? :hmmm:

Task Force
06-25-11, 11:51 AM
Do these 2 hunts exist in the same universe? did the other one happen before this, can we use references from the odd events of that village?

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 11:53 AM
This hunt took place before the Vanvikan hunt.

Task Force
06-25-11, 11:57 AM
ah, ok. didnt remember

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 12:00 PM
No prob.

Man, this is the most cohesive story so far, good job, guys.

I will be out of pocket until later. The lynch vote deadline is

LYNCHING
GMT
4pm to 4am: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours,
role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 4am.
EST
12Noon to Midnight: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours,
role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 11pm.
CST
11am to 11pm: Day begins, discovery of the werewolf victims, discussion for 12 hours,
role-playing, then votes for lynching must be submitted by 11pm.

Feel free to vote in the thread any time before the deadline, if you have to go to sleep, or work, etc. Just be sure to vote by the deadline, thanks.

You CAN vote to ABSTAIN from lynching if you choose.

Remember, lynch votes are public, in the thread. Not PM. And please, do NOT edit your vote post, once you vote, it is final. Edited or deleted lynch vote posts will count as a vote against you.

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 12:59 PM
ah, ok. didnt remember

Well you wouldn't...weren't you the first one to get lynched? :DL

Oberon
06-25-11, 01:22 PM
Well you wouldn't...weren't you the first one to get lynched? :DL

Nope, Task Force got blue on blued in the first Werewolf game. He was a Werewolf and another werewolf ate him, can't remember who, Aramike I think.

Anthony W.
06-25-11, 01:27 PM
I regret to say that I can't play... Schedule conflicts are a menace.

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 01:29 PM
Nope, Task Force got blue on blued in the first Werewolf game. He was a Werewolf and another werewolf ate him, can't remember who, Aramike I think.

Yes, that's right, I remember now :yep:

The Enigma
06-25-11, 01:32 PM
@Jimbuna

That must be the most easiest role from this game so far :up:

Tinman764
06-25-11, 01:35 PM
Poor Jimbuna strapped to a table while all this is going on... trouble is I cant see where the infirmary is on the map - is it inside the castle somewhere or the pow camp?

Nisgeis
06-25-11, 01:41 PM

It was me. I killed Task Force and Firewall as I thought they were seers. They didn't blend in, so I targetted them. The rules said that the only way to kill a werewolf was to lynch them, so I didn't think I could kill another werewolf with an attack. I didn't even know they were werewolves until after the game ended!

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 02:02 PM
Poor Jimbuna strapped to a table while all this is going on... trouble is I cant see where the infirmary is on the map - is it inside the castle somewhere or the pow camp?

Ah yes, good question. For all you non-mind readers out there, the infimary is in the chapel.

Yeah, poor Buna, his CO hasn't even given him a thought. Stuck alone in a dark room and strapped down hand and foot... scary! :wah:

http://www.subsim.com/werewolf/2011/werewo10.jpg

Raptor1
06-25-11, 02:07 PM
Yeah, poor Buna, his CO hasn't even given him a thought. Stuck alone in a dark room and strapped down hand and foot... scary! :wah:

Actually, I was about to demand he be released, but other matters take precedence...

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 02:10 PM
At least you know he didn't kill anyone. He may or may not be a werewolf, but he ain't a magician :D

Jim, you might want to try a little caterwauling !! :O:

Nisgeis
06-25-11, 02:11 PM
Is there an editting time stamp thing on the game thread? I editted a post and it went all weird. My God! It's full of stars.

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 02:12 PM
At least you know he didn't kill anyone. He may or may not be a werewolf, but he ain't a magician :D

Does that mean that even when they're dead, we won't know what they were?

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 02:13 PM
Is there an editting time stamp thing on the game thread? I editted a post and it went all weird. My God! It's full of stars.

When you cut and paste, I would use Notepad with Verdonna font.

Does that mean that even when they're dead, we won't know what they were?
He isn't dead :)

But, since a werewolf cannot kill a ww, then anyone killed is a human, guardian, or seer.

When you lynch someone, you will learn if they are a ww.

The Enigma
06-25-11, 02:17 PM

I noticed your post full of stars, while I was writing a message too.
When I was finished, I suddenly saw your message behind mine.
In the preview your message became first.

Weird:88)

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 02:26 PM
@Jimbuna

That must be the most easiest role from this game so far :up:

Ah yes, good question. For all you non-mind readers out there, the infimary is in the chapel.

Jim, you might want to try a little caterwauling !! :O:

JEEBUS!!....I was beginning to think I had bad breath or BO or something horribly similar.

I just hope that whoever releases me realises they'll also have to clean me up because I haven't been 'toiletted' in an age :DL

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 02:49 PM
I just hope that whoever releases me realises they'll also have to clean me up because I haven't been 'toiletted' in an age :DLDont worry Jim us petty officers seem to be getting all the work, bury bodies carry water etc sailors are getting lazy, need your help :salute:

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 03:18 PM
"Schützen what are you waiting for? Assign a prisoner to clean up that mess before it starts to stink. Oh and keep an eye on that ugly one - their 'Chief' "

Ugly?! How Rude!! I'll have you know I'm the best looking crewman aboard!

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 03:19 PM
Dont worry Jim us petty officers seem to be getting all the work, bury bodies carry water etc sailors are getting lazy, need your help :salute:

Well...when I'm out with the lads, I'll be doing my best.

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 03:20 PM
Dont worry Jim us petty officers seem to be getting all the work, bury bodies carry water etc sailors are getting lazy, need your help :salute:

You're a PO - the backbone of the Navy. What do you expect?

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 03:23 PM
You're a PO - the backbone of the Navy. What do you expect?I expect you to be better looking! :03:

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 03:24 PM
*moves towards Pioneer and whispers*

Sailor, I saw you leaving the Bunkhouse at night. Have you managed to get outside the fence?

Come on now, keep up with the story :) You told him to, remember?

In the camp, Captain Raptor and his men troop into Bunkhouse A. Sailor Pioneer announced that he has found an old latrine trench running under the fence.

"The bunkhouses shield it from the view of both the tower, so a man may be able to crawl through the trench to the privies and escape," he said.

"There's no where to escape to," countered Chief Tarrasque. "If you haven't noticed."

"All the same," mused Captain Raptor, "it may be useful to reconniter the grounds and get to know the terrain better. One man won't be missed and he could be back in the camp by night. Any volunteers?"

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1690426#post1690426

Raptor1
06-25-11, 03:28 PM
Well, yeah, I asked for volunteers, but he didn't explicitly say he was going (That I saw), so I was not sure. Also, it seems like a man can get through, but we didn't know that for certain. Hence the question.

The Enigma
06-25-11, 03:29 PM
I expect you to be better looking! :03:

:haha:

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 03:32 PM
Are we to assume that the remaining 38 or so of the sub's complement have already perished?

Oberon
06-25-11, 03:36 PM
I'd say so.

The Enigma
06-25-11, 03:36 PM
I do hope so, or else we are outnumbered and I fear the future.

Raptor1
06-25-11, 03:38 PM
Through my brilliant use of brave tactics, they have clearly all died valiantly for king and country. :O:

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 03:39 PM
You're a PO - the backbone of the Navy. What do you expect?

Well I certainly don't expect to be left unnoticed for nigh on two days and left for my bowels and bladder to fend for themselves :stare:

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 03:40 PM
Through my brilliant use of brave tactics, they have clearly all died valiantly for king and country. :O:

That is yet to be determined :shifty:

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 03:41 PM
Well, yeah, I asked for volunteers, but he didn't explicitly say he was going (That I saw), so I was not sure. Also, it seems like a man can get through, but we didn't know that for certain. Hence the question.

Sorry, mate, my bad.

So yeah, each night you can send a man out under the wire. He must be back by dawn.

The Enigma
06-25-11, 03:49 PM
"again with Tinman. I'm speaking to the Englishman tied to the table and Tinman unties him. The both exit the room like I do not exist. Perhaps I am just the gardener afterall. No worries....I think Tinman will bury himself by the way Nisgeis handles him."

Back to gardening....and observing...(sly smile)

How are the sprouts doing :yep:

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 04:00 PM
Great. Now the officer's losing it.

Oberon
06-25-11, 04:02 PM
Well hang on, where IS Vendor, I mean he clearly slept through it all and hasn't said anything since this started. Let's not start roleplaying for other people here otherwise it's going to get confusing.

Raptor1
06-25-11, 04:02 PM
Well, nobody seemed to spot Vendor, and he's not posting anything, so I sort of assumed you asked him to come and he failed to show up.

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 04:03 PM
According to Lord Justice, he was part of the group...

I'm confused now.

Task Force
06-25-11, 04:03 PM
Well, nobody seemed to spot Vendor, and he's not posting anything, so I sort of assumed you asked him to come and he failed to show up.

But he could actualy have a secret and thinks being quiet is the best way to not draw too much attention!

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 04:04 PM
Or just can't get to a computer to post at the moment :hmmm:

Raptor1
06-25-11, 04:04 PM
Lord Justice was telling them to come, that doesn't mean they did. How about we just conclude he's not there until he shows up himself?

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 04:05 PM
well I was ordered to collect the ratings !! he can pick up as the story progresses

Task Force
06-25-11, 04:05 PM
Or just can't get to a computer to post at the moment :hmmm:

Meh, thats just just what he wants you to think!!!

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 04:08 PM
we have not got time to keep playing jackanorry with each other and checking who is on line every min.

Tinman764
06-25-11, 04:08 PM
"again with Tinman. I'm speaking to the Englishman tied to the table and Tinman unties him. The both exit the room like I do not exist. Perhaps I am just the gardener afterall. No worries....I think Tinman will bury himself by the way Nisgeis handles him."

Back to gardening....and observing...(sly smile)

haha! my bad, I thought it was just oberon and his human eating dog in there

Oberon
06-25-11, 04:09 PM
Lord Justice was telling them to come, that doesn't mean they did. How about we just conclude he's not there until he shows up himself?

I second this motion.

Raptor1
06-25-11, 04:12 PM
we have not got time to keep playing jackanorry with each other and checking who is on line every min.

Yes, but the problem is that he has not posted anything so far.

The Enigma
06-25-11, 04:12 PM
May be it was Vendor who killed the Cook Bakkels :hmmm: and now he's keeping low profile.

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 04:16 PM
Yes, but the problem is that he has not posted anything so far.I know, and pioneer keeps going on one man adventures, as long as he finds us a route. Ok I got you Jim back, from work detail lets crack on!!

Takeda Shingen
06-25-11, 04:45 PM
Also, with about 5 hours left, we should work on the lynching process. Someone has to die today.

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 04:47 PM
Well hang on, where IS Vendor, I mean he clearly slept through it all and hasn't said anything since this started. Let's not start roleplaying for other people here otherwise it's going to get confusing.

Yes, exactly. Vendor is MIA in real life, so he's still asleep in the game.

Also, with about 5 hours left, we should work on the lynching process. Someone has to die today.

Great idea, of course, it doesn't make sense for the Brits to pick a German to lynch and visa versa, but go ahead and vote for anyone on either side. :) I'll manage the story details, ex; if a German is voted to be lynched, then the escapee will be credited with slitting his throat. If a Brit is picked, the Germans will line him up for a firing squad. Will that work?

and the Commandant has to decide who is on leave, and who if anyone makes a trip to the dungeon tonight.
Captain R can appoint the next escapee/scout for the night.

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 04:52 PM
Problem is why lynch?

Both sides think it's a human doing it.

The paranoia's not there. Yet!:haha:

Needs a few more deaths I reckon before both sides are willing to arbitrarily kill random people.

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 04:53 PM
Problem is why lynch?

Needs a few more deaths I reckon before both sides are willing to arbitrarily kill random people.not quite if my gaurds will let me out the room to return to my officers!!!

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 04:56 PM
Problem is why lynch?

Needs a few more deaths I reckon before both sides are willing to arbitrarily kill random people.

Good point, but we can work that into the story nicely: it doesn't make sense for the Brits to pick a German to lynch and visa versa, but go ahead and vote for anyone on either side. :) I'll manage the story details, ex; if a German is voted to be lynched, then the escapee will be credited with slitting his throat. If a Brit is picked, the Germans will line him up for a firing squad. Will that work?

Reminder: the Commandant has to decide who is on leave, and who if anyone makes a trip to the dungeon tonight.
Captain R can appoint the next escapee/scout for the night.

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 04:57 PM
Sounds reasonable.

Tinman764
06-25-11, 05:02 PM
not quite if my gaurds will let me out the room to return to my officers!!!

We already did -

"Ok Tommie, your finished here. Return to your men. ah! leave the mop where it is please... thank you."

(edit to fit)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1690978&postcount=248

:D

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 05:03 PM
Yes but didnt you see post 251?

mookiemookie
06-25-11, 05:03 PM
I'd like to float the idea that if you're killed off during the course of the game, please don't give away what you were (human, guardian, wolf, seer, etc). It would ruin the strategy if you could, by process of elimination, figure out who was what.

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 05:07 PM
I'd like to float the idea that if you're killed off during the course of the game, please don't give away what you were (human, guardian, wolf, seer, etc). It would ruin the strategy if you could, by process of elimination, figure out who was what.

Ah, but even if a player says "I was a Guardian"/human/werewolf/seer who knows if he is telling the truth, other than the fabulously slim Narrator? :shucks:

Tinman764
06-25-11, 05:15 PM
Yes but didnt you see post 251?

I did, sorry I just took that as a post made at the same time as mine - I was expecting you to leave after your post.

Takeda Shingen
06-25-11, 05:23 PM
Alright made my selection in character. I love ya, Vendor, but I can't vote someone out who is currently playing the game actively. Don't hate me.

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 05:24 PM
Oh I can. That SS guy scares me. :timeout:

Tinman764
06-25-11, 05:25 PM
Alright made my selection in character. I love ya, Vendor, but I can't vote someone out who is currently playing the game actively. Don't hate me.

Same, sorry Vendor.

Oberon
06-25-11, 05:26 PM
Oh I can. That SS guy scares me. :timeout:

You don't have to work with him! :haha:

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 05:51 PM
You don't have to work with him! :haha:

Thankfully.

Jimbuna
06-25-11, 06:14 PM
Thankfully.

Then vote for him ...simple.

Nisgeis
06-25-11, 06:18 PM
Then vote for him ...simple.

He did. Ages ago :-) I think he was the first to vote.

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 06:25 PM
@ Jim Got you off cleaning detail and you disappeared :hmmm:

Tinman764
06-25-11, 06:32 PM
I voted quite early, so in case it got missed its here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1691016&postcount=265

Raptor1
06-25-11, 06:38 PM
********* PO Is swaying to vote one of his own officers, his men are hungry, dirty, thirsty, and getting very low on morale **********

You do realize none of us can actually do anything about this? The German officers don't even bother staying long enough for us to say anything. :shifty:

HunterICX
06-25-11, 06:38 PM
@Tinman: mind you removing your previous post #305 and adjust to this? Thx

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1691108&postcount=308

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 06:43 PM
So far:

Lynch vote
--------------------------------
August ------
AVGWarhawk ------
Ducimuss ------
HunterIXC ------ MookieMookie
jimbuna ------ Raptor1
Lord Justice ------
mookiemookie ------ Vendor
Nisgeis ------ MookieMookie
Oberon ------ Vendor
Pioneer ------
Raptor1 ------ Nisgeis
Rear ------ Vendor
Takeda Shingen ------ Vendor
Tarrasque ------ NISGEIS
Task Force ------ Vendor
The Enigma ------ Vendor
the_tyrant ------
Tinman764 ------ Vendor
Vendor ------
Actions
-----------------------------
Dungeon ------ Takeda
Leave ------ Tinman764
Escaped ------ Tarrasque

4 hours, 15 minutes till night.

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 06:44 PM
You do realize none of us can actually do anything about this? The German officers don't even bother staying long enough for us to say anything. :shifty:It Is your duty to demand our well being, make a noise shout bang whatever!!

Raptor1
06-25-11, 06:45 PM
I did ask repeatedly to meet with the German commander, but nobody bothers forwarding my request...

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 06:54 PM
Note to all, people are PMing me asking, can I search this or explore that. Yes, by all means. I am watching the posts; if I think there is something to discover, I will PM you and tell you "You found this, or discovered that."

If you get a discovery PM like that from me, you can use the discovery in the story, just please be sure to make it clear that it's an 'official discovery'....so add that at the end of your post.

OFFICIAL DISCOVERY

Takeda Shingen
06-25-11, 07:01 PM
The dungeon! Noooooo! Neal just couldn't resist the chance to see me in the brig. :O:

Tarrasque
06-25-11, 07:02 PM
Escaped ------ Tarrasque

Am I supposed to be making a break for freedom then?

Pioneer
06-25-11, 07:02 PM
Note to all, people are PMing me asking, can I search this or explore that. Yes, by all means. I am watching the posts; if I think there is something to discover, I will PM you and tell you "You found this, or discovered that."

If you get a discovery PM like that from me, you can use the discovery in the story, just please be sure to make it clear that it's an 'official discovery'....so add that at the end of your post.

OFFICIAL DISCOVERY

Ok, should I PM you when I pickpocketed the guard?

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 07:08 PM
Ok, should I PM you when I pickpocketed the guard?

No, but definitly PM me before saying you got something significant, like say a Luger or an American Express, or map of the castle.

Am I supposed to be making a break for freedom then?

No, no, it's just for scouting. You can use this to explore if you wish, there are some risks involved. Or you can simply sit it out till morning.

The dungeon! Noooooo! Neal just couldn't resist the chance to see me in the brig

Mu-wa-hahaha! :smug: Well, they cannot kill you or do anything that affects you where you cannot continue.

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 07:09 PM
@ PIONEER post 317

Tinman764
06-25-11, 07:11 PM
@Tinman: mind you removing your previous post #305 and adjust to this? Thx

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1691108&postcount=308

made a small adjustment and also http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1691135&postcount=318 while I write up my adventures :D

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 07:14 PM
FYI, I added your game name & rank to your sigs, you can remove them after the game.

Tinman764
06-25-11, 07:57 PM
We shall have to wait a few hours to find out what, if anything was written in the little black book (assuming I survive the night!). Im off to bed :salute:

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 08:36 PM
will edit my post for the pencil as you posted after me Pioneer. Good show :yep:

Pioneer
06-25-11, 08:37 PM
I was about to request but you beat me to it.

Ducimus
06-25-11, 08:44 PM
Good christ. Friday afternoon that game thread was like 6 or 7 pages. Now its' 23 pages! I can't keep up with you fellas on the weekend.

Lord Justice
06-25-11, 09:01 PM
I will be the same, I will not be around for approx 12 hours, I will let you all know.

the_tyrant
06-25-11, 10:01 PM
Umm just one thing
before Vendor comes back, he is out of bounds right?
I suppose no killing him and no lynching him

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 10:40 PM
Vendor is fair game, especially since he failed to show.

Onkel Neal
06-25-11, 10:42 PM
All the lynch votes are except for

Lord Justice
Ducimuss

Lynch vote
August ------ Vendor
AVGWarhawk ------ Vendor
Ducimuss ------
HunterIXC ------ MookieMookie
jimbuna ------ Raptor1
Lord Justice ------
mookiemookie ------ Vendor
Nisgeis ------ MookieMookie
Oberon ------ Vendor
Pioneer ------ Nisgeis
Raptor1 ------ Nisgeis
Rear ------ Vendor
Takeda Shingen ------ Vendor
Tarrasque ------ Nisgeis
Task Force ------ Vendor
The Enigma ------ Vendor
the_tyrant ------ ABSTAIN
Tinman764 ------ Vendor
Vendor ------ MIA
Actions
-----------------------------
Dungeon ------ Takeda
Leave ------ Tinman764
Escaped ------ Tarrasque

The Enigma
06-26-11, 04:10 AM
"...oh how I miss your company and your council, but we will soon be together again, once my mission on this boat is over, my love..." Tinman smiled to himself, one of these tommies was quite the poet.
"Soon, George - soon. Not long now and we can embrace once again...."

"Scheisse!" Tinman stuffed the book back under themattress. I knew there was something not right with those men!

:haha::har:

Tinman764
06-26-11, 04:23 AM
:yeah:

Nisgeis
06-26-11, 04:27 AM
Very good Tinman :D. How could I have missed that!

Rear
06-26-11, 05:42 AM
I won't be as active during this night cycle guys (really nice weather outside). Will be back in 4 or 5hrs I guess :up:

Onkel Neal
06-26-11, 09:15 AM
All night actions are in, I will begin the Day 1 hour early, in about 45 minutes.

Rear
06-26-11, 10:07 AM
Glad you closed the thread Neal - felt like my character was about to **** his pants from all the howling :haha:

Oberon
06-26-11, 10:19 AM
And that's just Oberon and Harras patrolling the castle. :haha:

Rear
06-26-11, 10:20 AM
And that's just Oberon and Harras patrolling the castle. :haha:

I was tempted to make a second account and roleplay Harras :yeah:

Oberon
06-26-11, 10:22 AM

If and when I get offed I'm tempted to do that, but then I reckon that Harras would make a break for it if things get too hairy. He has a habit of doing that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMoNSFmACWI&feature=player_detailpage#t=196s

Rear
06-26-11, 10:38 AM
If and when I get offed I'm tempted to do that

you spoke too soon :rotfl2:

Onkel Neal
06-26-11, 10:38 AM
Day begins, after a messy night.

Players have 12 and a half hours to play until night.

No, don't make an account and RP a dog, lol, Lassie has that covered. :O:

Nisgeis
06-26-11, 10:41 AM
Through the night, erries animal cries can be plainly heard. A howling, a full-throated howling.

Erries = eerie?

August
06-26-11, 10:44 AM
You were a little early Neal!

Onkel Neal
06-26-11, 10:45 AM
You were a little early Neal!

Yeah, since all the night actions were in, I posted 30 minutes early:

All night actions are in, I will begin the Day 1 hour early, in about 45 minutes.

August
06-26-11, 10:46 AM
Yeah, since all the night actions were in, I posted 30 minutes early:

Well I guess you can move it to the right spot or delete it. Your call.

Tinman764
06-26-11, 10:48 AM
These werewolves are truely evil! Killing off the soldiers first, who's going to do all the work for the officers now? :salute:

Rear
06-26-11, 10:51 AM
I don't mind getting my hands dirty with the blood of prisoners :D

Raptor1
06-26-11, 11:20 AM
“My word! Three in one go? That is an amazing achievement. A clumsy arrangement of the remains… lacking in style… no sense of aesthetics. But what power! Three in one go, or perhaps… not…”

Nisgeis knelt by the mass of bloody mess and started to separate the chunks of flesh turning the pile of flesh into three neat rows, each with the former contents of each victim.

“Now Gentleman, for the examination! By careful application of science, we should be able to determine whether this is the work of one magnificient beast, or the work of two or more. The distance between the claw marks etcetera should be able to tell us some information about numbers. No two beasts will have identical claws and therefore would leave dissimilar claw marks, likewise with their teeth, just like a human.”

Nisgeis took out a small pair of callipers and a rule and proceeded to measure the width between the claw and teeth marks, the depth of the puncture wounds and the spacing between them, in order to determine whether this was the work of one beast of more.

“There are a lot of wounds, so this may take some time. When finished I will compare my findings here with that of Bakkels’ wounds.”

Nisgeis proceeded to work on the remains, looking forward to the results of his examination.

Are the corpses that much intact that claw and teeth marks and wounds can be discerned in them? I thought the whole thing was so messed up you can't even tell how many men it used to be...

Jimbuna
06-26-11, 11:34 AM
I'd have thought counting the number of heads would be the only way to determine the number of bodies...the rest would be a mass of mince and bacon scraps :hmmm:

Nisgeis
06-26-11, 11:37 AM
Are the corpses that much intact that claw and teeth marks and wounds can be discerned in them? I thought the whole thing was so messed up you can't even tell how many men it used to be...

The picture didn't look too bad :DL You can tell a lot from a good old poke about in the squsihy bits and the bones would be marked too. But, it's upto the narrator whether my examination reveals anything or not. If I didn't look, I definitely wouldn't find anything :03:.

Onkel Neal
06-26-11, 11:46 AM

Yeah, my prose and pics don't match--hey, I can't find good images, my google-fu is weak :O:

You can tell who they were and that there were 3.

Onkel Neal
06-26-11, 11:50 AM

Oh damn, that's brilliant!!

Why didn't I think of that :damn: I could have added a dog as an NCP and then used his to nudge players into areas of the game they have not gone yet.... :dead:

Jimbuna
06-26-11, 11:58 AM

Why didn't I think of that :damn: I could have added a dog as an NCP and then used his to nudge players into areas of the game they have not gone yet.... :dead:

Aha!!....a clue :DL

August
06-26-11, 12:48 PM
Unless anyone is a werewolf forensic scientist I think being able to diagnose a werewolf attack from the mangled remains is a bit of a plot stretch.

Why not create a witness or two? Somebody that got a good look at the beast but survives to tell the tale to the rest of the cast.

Oberon
06-26-11, 12:59 PM
I was going to venture up to the nunnery but it's hard to be mobile while you're a soldier who is not on leave, or a prisoner behind barbed wire. The only two who can really roam are the person on leave and the escaped prisoner.

Tarrasque
06-26-11, 01:01 PM
That hopefully should change a bit when we realise it's werewolves and not psychotic germans.

Raptor1
06-26-11, 01:05 PM
Shouldn't be too long. I mean, even Captain Raptor wouldn't believe the Germans would be insane enough to murder three of their men like this...Okay, maybe he would, but he'd be willing to consider other explanations. If the Germans ever bother to tell us what happened, of course.

mookiemookie
06-26-11, 01:32 PM

Creating a believable and creative NPCs is a good way for a game master to move the story along and into places the players may not find on their own. :up:

Onkel Neal
06-26-11, 01:42 PM
Creating a believable and creative NPCs is a good way for a game master to move the story along and into places the players may not find on their own. :up:

The game is structured to allow two players at a time to roam. Any more and I couldn't keep up. You should apply for leave tonight ;)

I was going to venture up to the nunnery but it's hard to be mobile while you're a soldier who is not on leave, or a prisoner behind barbed wire. The only two who can really roam are the person on leave and the escaped prisoner.

I know :( Before the game began, I was toying with the idea of a talking parrot or myna bird, to "announce" the lynch vote deadline, etc. Wish I had thought of using a dog. Oh well, there's always next time. :rock:

Pioneer
06-26-11, 01:49 PM
After an ugly weekend at work working 24 hours in the last 48 and a death in the family I have to check in with some sleep....I set my alarm to get me up and had it set for the wrong timezone.:nope:

20 minutes to read the notes, 30 minutes to read the thread....I may have to call in late tomorrow.

"Sorry, can't come in, there was a werewolf attack last night and I'm trying to work out if there was a Guardian protecting me...What's that? The big white truck will be here in 20 minutes? Great, that will give me enough time to slip under the wire.....hello? Hello?"

Jimbuna
06-26-11, 01:52 PM
After an ugly weekend at work working 24 hours in the last 48 I have to check in with some sleep....I set my alarm to get me up and had it set for the wrong timezone.:nope:

20 minutes to read the notes, 30 minutes to read the thread....I may have to call in late tomorrow.

"Sorry, can;t come in, there was a werewolf attack last night and I'm trying to work out if there was a Guardian protecting me...What's that? The big white truck will be here in 20 minutes? Great, that will give me enough time to slip under the wire.....hello? Hello?"

LOL

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FebFCfbHpfM/R6UfYCyZJnI/AAAAAAAAAG4/Rv3p9pMCFBE/s400/crazy_man_straight_jacket_lg_wht.gif

Takeda Shingen
06-26-11, 02:09 PM
I am feeling your pain today, Jim. :DL

Nisgeis
06-26-11, 02:23 PM
Don't you get released each day and a new interogation victim chosen?

Jimbuna
06-26-11, 02:26 PM
I am feeling your pain today, Jim. :DL

Yes...I reckon you are :DL

Takeda Shingen
06-26-11, 02:53 PM

Not until somebody RPs me out.

Nisgeis
06-26-11, 02:59 PM
OK, not entirely sure I can let you out, but Hunter or Neal can put you back if in if it's necessary.

The Enigma
06-26-11, 03:37 PM
I'm wondering how Tarrasque could return to the Pow camp.
The hole in the fence was fixed, just after he left the camp :hmmm:
(Is he a werewolf?)

See post #341:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmphhh, do this, do that. Why didn't I keep my big mouth shot.
Now I can go to fix the fence and it's already dark outside.

*The Enigma grabs the needed equipment for sealing the hole and wanders towards the camp.

*Totally unaware that he is too late, since Chief Tarrasque has successfully escaped, he fixes the hole.

Now that should do it. Those Tommies will have a hard time to reopen that hole.

*Next, The Enigma returns to the castle where he takes part of the special task force to execute Sailor Vendor.

Nisgeis
06-26-11, 03:38 PM

Simple! Through a plot hole.

Rear
06-26-11, 03:39 PM
(Is he a werewolf?)

The gates to the POW camp open from the outside :03:

Edit: Haha I like the plot hole thing better :D

Tarrasque
06-26-11, 03:39 PM
Or through the shoddy worksmanship of the repair

The fence winds around and he finds himself at the hastily repaired breach point. The craftsmanship is present, but the earth has not assisted. There is still the trench, and with the soft soil, a little digging could enlarge the gap for one or two men to get through.

Raptor1
06-26-11, 03:40 PM
So, what happens if I assign someone to sneak out and the Germans want to interrogate him? I'm assuming the German decision takes precedence...

The Enigma
06-26-11, 03:42 PM

I prefer the Plot hole explanation too. :smug:

Rear
06-26-11, 03:42 PM
The escapee gets caught in the barbed wire and is taken for interrogation D:<

Onkel Neal
06-26-11, 04:01 PM

Yes

Not until somebody RPs me out.

That's the best method.:salute:

(Is he a werewolf?)

See post #341:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, the escapee must return each night before the guards notice. Players can fix the fence but that is part of the game.

Works for me.

So, what happens if I assign someone to sneak out and the Germans want to interrogate him? I'm assuming the German decision takes precedence...

The Germans only bring a guy to the dungeon in the morning, after all the POWs are present for morning roll call. The escapee must return each morning. Unless he is eaten.:smug:

Jimbuna
06-26-11, 04:13 PM
Cool responses Onkel :yeah:

mookiemookie
06-26-11, 04:20 PM
The Germans only bring a guy to the dungeon in the morning, after all the POWs are present for morning roll call. The escapee must return each morning. Unless he is eaten.:smug:

Does the same work for lynching? If someone is in interrogation or escaped, they can still be lynched?

Jimbuna
06-26-11, 04:23 PM
Does the same work for lynching? If someone is in interrogation or escaped, they can still be lynched?

Excellent question :yeah: