PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Repaired Equipment MOD by Xrundel and TheBeast

Pages : [1] 2

Xrundel
06-02-11, 11:41 AM
Edited by Xrundel on June 02, 2011

"Repaired_Equipment_MOD_by_Xrundel_TheBeast" (R.E.M) Version 1.2

"R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2"- is modification that will take care of antennas,
periscopes, sonar and radar stations on your U-Boat that previously was not function properly. This MOD
was created with idea of taking the game to the new, more realistic and enjoyable level.

Previous releases list:

Version 1.0 under the name "Periscope_and_Antenna_fix_by_Xrundel"

1) Height of Observation Periscope set at 3.512m
2) Height of Attack Periscope set at 5.063m
3) Repaired Rod Antenna that still expending under the water but does not stick out of the surface
on periscope depth.
4) Repaired Round Antenna (Direction Finder Loop) - retracts automatically into slot when
U-Boat is submerging.

Version 1.1 under the name "Depth_Dependent_Hydrophone_1.0.0" included everything of
listed above plus follow repairs performed on various hydrophone station sensors:

1) GHG (GruppenHorchGerat) -originally installed on boat.

Surfaced------------------17 000m
Periscope Depth (12m)-----25 000m
Depth 30m and below-------40 000m (maximum range)

2) KDB (KristallDrehbasisGerat)- optional rotating device that eliminates blind spot on the bow.

Surfaced-----------------------0m
Periscope Depth (12m)------22 000m
Depth 30m and below--------38 000m (maximum range)

3) Balkon Gerat - optional device, better than previous two.

Surfaced-------------------17 000m
Periscope Depth (12m)------27 500m
Depth 30m and below--------40 000m (maximum range)

Version 1.2 (current) included everything listed above plus:

1) Repaired bearing wheel at radar station that allow to read accurate bearing to the contact.
2) Repaired external rotating antennas that now work according state of radar station (One sweep,
constant sweep, focus). They also retract automatically when U-Boat is submerging.
3) Repaired FuMO-29 antenna that now have following specifications:
FOV - 60 degrees
Detection range:
Ships-------7 500m
Aircraft----15 000m
4) Repaired FuMO-30 antenna have following specifications:
FOV - 360 degrees.
Detection range:
Ships-------10 000m
Aircraft----20 000m
5) Repaired FuMO-61 antenna have following specifications:
FOV - 360 degrees
Detection range:
Ships-------13 000m
Aircraft----25 000m
6) Repaired FuMO-65 antenna have following specifications:
FOV - 360 degrees.
Detection range:
Ships-------16 000m
Aircraft----30 000m

All radar specifications are compromise between historical accuracy and game playability.
They are close to real values as it gets.

For the best radar experience I would recommend to use it with KDB as hydrophone sensor - so you don't have
any sonar contacts at surface. Or use other mods that provide that option.

Installation: Place folder "Repaired_Equipment_MOD_by_Xrundel_TheBeast" Version 1.2 into
MODS folder in your game directory. Install using JSGME.
Install after any MOD that brings you warning about overwriting "sensors.sim" file in JSGME window!!!

Knowing bugs and issues:

Airplanes does not show on the radar screen. If I make them show - they will be reported as contacts
only when they reach visual range therefore make them detected too late especially when using time
compression. In future editions of MOD I will try to make them show when they go below 300m on attack run
-but again - we are talking about short range when you should normally operate flak gun or get U-Boat
diving and there is no time for eye candy on radar screen especially fast moving target.
On the long range airplanes show up as "merchant" with square shape contact.
They will turn into "reguar" triangles as they got closer to you.

Radar antenna is actually pointed at contact not with flat surface like in real life but rather with edge.
I can not adjust it at this point yet because it will mess bearing to contact that you see below at
radar station. It happened at first place because some one in Romania decided that when bearing wheel at
"0" - antenna should fit into it's slot on the U-Boat bridge without realizing that antenna in this
position is actually at bearing "90" or "270".
Same reason why radar wheel was broken - they've made mathematical error during development.
Sometimes switches at radar unit and "buttons" on NewUI_TDC by TDW are out of synch.
For example on UI "Focus" is highlighted while in actuality you can see radar's wheel rotating in "normal sweep" mode.
I didn't want to mess with TDW's scripts that he wrote fixing radar at earlier stages.
Maybe he can look at it later - I think default values assignment should take care of issue.
Easiest solution at this moment - click on "single sweep" button on UI and
then immediately click on "normal sweep".
Everything should be in synch at this point.
Now you can use switches on radar station or buttons on user interface - they work the same.

A few words about FuMo-29. This device does not use rotating antenna. You should understand
that first generation of radar was very primitive device with just 60 degree field of view and very limited range.
As for the game playing experience - radar wheel for FuMO-29 is turning slower compare to other antennas.
If you actually operating station -you will see the wheel making full turn. If you leave station and just watch it-
you will see radar wheel skip everything between 30 degrees and 330 degrees. So it takes even faster time to
complete full scan (if we can call 60 degrees "full"). When you take manual control - I recommend switch for
"focus" mode and check for contacts manually. It does not apply for aircraft - they detected automatically.
Believe me - without hydrophone on the surface in heavy rain and fog it is better have some kind of radar than
nothing at all.
In order to make real full scan with this device - you can use real WWII maneuver that was done by U-Boat commanders
and circle with the boat while in "focus" mode.
In any case you will be very happy to upgrade for FuMO-30 and better versions LOL.

When radar station and User Interface are out of synch - true functions and ranges are displayed on radar station -
not user interface!!! This little glitch will definitely keep you closer to radio room.
In case of FuMO-30 and higher - if you are on the bridge - just look up and see antenna rotating if you are not sure
if it's in "focus" mode or "normal sweep"

"Focus" means constant bearing.

I hope those small issues will not kill your enjoyment (it took me about 12 gaming hours to spot antenna
misalignment - so I guess you would not know if I would not tell you anyway LOL).

Credits to TheBeast who was driving force behind this project, kicking my lazy ass and providing valuable
inputs.

MOD is compatible with latest UI by TDW (6_5_1)
IRAI (0.3.0)
Equipment Upgrades by TheBeast (1.2)

Enjoy!

Xrundel.
TheBeast.

Download link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20394355/R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2.7z

Sepp von Ch.
06-02-11, 11:44 AM
VERY needed mod is that! MANY thanks Xrundel and TheBeast!:up:

happy hunting:ping:

stoianm
06-02-11, 12:37 PM
thanks for this awsome mod guys:yeah:

Targor Avelany
06-02-11, 12:37 PM
yay!

Will put this mod in as soon as I get home..

Thank you, guys!

BossMark
06-02-11, 12:42 PM
Looks good will try this out later :salute:

marleymen
06-02-11, 01:29 PM
Thank you very much for this fix :rock:

Superb work :ping:

Magic1111
06-02-11, 01:39 PM
Thanks for this absolutley important MOD !!! Very, very good !!! :yeah:

Best regards,
Magic

Stormfly
06-02-11, 06:04 PM
many many thanks guys, this mods are one of the "most important", ...finaly :yeah:

TheBeast
06-03-11, 06:25 PM
Nice job Xrundel!:yeah:

You may want to let Conus, Naights and SteelViking know what dial you adjusted in Data\Submarine\Common\Rooms\Room_QR1.sim for Radar Wheel so they can import that FIX into their interior MOD's.
Or just post details here.

Regards!:salute:

Xrundel
06-03-11, 06:37 PM
This MOD is compatible with SteelViking's interior mod.

But for reference:

Dial@radar_dial: Display Value: DispVmin 0
DispVmax 360

Real Value: RealVmin 360
RealVmax 0

Ir hit me when I decided to take a break and was watching last issue of Harry Potter saga :haha:

Can someone among those interior gurus redo in Photoshop that stupid radar dial? It is so dark especially at night when red lights are on - hard to read bearing. Bottom half is so much darker - I think no one ever considered that radar will be in actual use LOL.

Or at least tell me where to find that .dds that have it's texture - I'll try do it myself. Just can't find it...

P.S. Using primitive FuMO-29 I already sunk two merchants getting into acceptable firing position in heavy fog and rain in Mediterranean campaign. No hydrophone on the surface. Love this thing.

Shadriss
06-16-11, 09:55 PM
Compatible with Magnum Opus? I saw on the Scripts thread (which MO uses) that he had to update to be compatible with this, so I'm just wondering...

tonschk
06-17-11, 09:16 PM
MANY :DL MANY :up: thanks :rock: Xrundel and TheBeast! :salute:

TheBeast
06-18-11, 10:29 PM
Compatible with Magnum Opus? I saw on the Scripts thread (which MO uses) that he had to update to be compatible with this, so I'm just wondering...
Yes, this MOD is Compatible with MO.
Install this MOD last.
MANY :DL MANY :up: thanks :rock: Xrundel and TheBeast! :salute:
Thanks!:salute:
I discovered this possible update and did proof of concept testing.
Xrundel did all the grunt work and final testing to fine tune all adjustments.

Regards!

Magic1111
07-06-11, 02:30 PM

MOD is compatible with latest UI by TDW (6_5_1)

Xrundel.
TheBeast.

Download link:

Hi !

After release from UI 6.6.0 we need an Update/Fix from this MOD ? :hmmm:

Because File "UBoot_Sensors.sim" is in conflict with UI 6.6.0 !

Best regards,
Magic

Magic1111
07-08-11, 02:50 PM
Hi !

After release from UI 6.6.0 we need an Update/Fix from this MOD ? :hmmm:

Because File "UBoot_Sensors.sim" is in conflict with UI 6.6.0 !

Best regards,
Magic

*** BUMP *** :D

I want to know please, whether I can this MOD (V1.2) enable AFTER the UI V6.6.0 ? :hmmm:

Best regards,
Magic

Targor Avelany
07-08-11, 03:16 PM
*** BUMP *** :D

I want to know please, whether I can this MOD (V1.2) enable AFTER the UI V6.6.0 ? :hmmm:

Best regards,
Magic

that is a good question, Magic.. interesting. Think I'll look at the files when I get home today.

stoianm
07-08-11, 04:01 PM
if tdw made not changes in his .sim file i think you can put after... if he made than this mod must be made again compatible... so better ask tdw

Magic1111
07-08-11, 05:03 PM
that is a good question, Magic.. interesting. Think I'll look at the files when I get home today.

if tdw made not changes in his .sim file i think you can put after... if he made than this mod must be made again compatible... so better ask tdw

Hi Guys !

Iīve ask TDW in his UI Thread....!

Let us hope that we can this MOD enable after UI 6.6.0...! :yep:

It would be nice, Xrundel and/or TheBeast would answer here....! ;)

Best regards,
Magic

Akula4745
07-08-11, 07:17 PM
Many thanks for this mod!

TheBeast
07-10-11, 01:43 AM
Hi Guys !

Iīve ask TDW in his UI Thread....!

Let us hope that we can this MOD enable after UI 6.6.0...! :yep:

It would be nice, Xrundel and/or TheBeast would answer here....! ;)

Best regards,
Magic
Sorry I have not be very active for the last several months.
My mother was very ill and passed away July, 3, 2011 @ 9:10 PM PST from Pancreatic Cancer.
I really had no free time or will to do much if anything for MOD'ing during this time.

This MOD should be 100% Comaptible with MO and UI 6.6.0

TDW changes to the SIM file in question raise ROD Antenna, Round Antenna and Rotates the Round Antenna.

Maybe TDW can reply to this to clear up any questions.

The Hospis Nurses are gone, my older sister is moving back to her home, my older brother is staying here and I am going to sleep for a week or two.

Magic1111
07-10-11, 07:01 AM
Sorry I have not be very active for the last several months.
My mother was very ill and passed away July, 3, 2011 @ 9:10 PM PST from Pancreatic Cancer.

My sincere condolences!

I really had no free time or will to do much if anything for MOD'ing during this time.

This MOD should be 100% Comaptible with MO and UI 6.6.0

Many thanks for clearify this !!!

TDW changes to the SIM file in question raise ROD Antenna, Round Antenna and Rotates the Round Antenna.

Maybe TDW can reply to this to clear up any questions.

The Hospis Nurses are gone, my older sister is moving back to her home, my older brother is staying here and I am going to sleep for a week or two.

Hi TheBeast !

Read in red please !

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

Dieselglock
07-26-11, 09:22 PM
Hello,

I am having an issue with enabling this mod in the order below. Is anybody having a problem with the hydrophone below 29m. I can hear the hydro above this depth but not below. Seems like it is switched. I have run this mod before with NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith is there an issue running this with the 6-6-0 version. If I remove the R.E.M. mod the hydro is normal but does not have the features of your mod.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
Accurate German Flags
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
No magic skills v1.5
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_U-Jagd_Chrono
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2

Thanks

mia389
08-05-11, 08:33 PM
A few words about FuMo-29. This device does not use rotating antenna. You should understand
that first generation of radar was very primitive device with just 60 degree field of view and very limited range.
As for the game playing experience - radar wheel for FuMO-29 is turning slower compare to other antennas.
If you actually operating station -you will see the wheel making full turn. If you leave station and just watch it-
you will see radar wheel skip everything between 30 degrees and 330 degrees. So it takes even faster time to
complete full scan (if we can call 60 degrees "full"). When you take manual control - I recommend switch for
"focus" mode and check for contacts manually. It does not apply for aircraft - they detected automatically.
Believe me - without hydrophone on the surface in heavy rain and fog it is better have some kind of radar than
nothing at all.
In order to make real full scan with this device - you can use real WWII maneuver that was done by U-Boat commanders
and circle with the boat while in "focus" mode.
In any case you will be very happy to upgrade for FuMO-30 and better versions LOL.

I came to see if there was a bug with this radar. Im in heavy fog and was trying to use it to find a convoy that should be close. I couldnt figure out why the wheel turns so slow and skips lol. I am diving next time I go back into game and doing the 4 bearings method lol. I swear evertime I find a convoy its in the fog:damn: I am ready for FuMO-30

Magic1111
08-07-11, 06:59 AM
Hi !

Now I think we need an update from this MOD, because the file "Uboot_Sensors.sim" from this MOD is in conflict with NEW UI 6.7.0 and the snorkel-MOD from TDW !

Therefore I think we canīt no longer use this MOD in additional with these above two MODs, or ?

So can please make anyone this wonderful MOD compatible with UI 6.7.0 and snorkel MOD ? Is this possible ?

Best regards,
Magic

TheDarkWraith
08-07-11, 10:32 AM
Hi !

Now I think we need an update from this MOD, because the file "Uboot_Sensors.sim" from this MOD is in conflict with NEW UI 6.7.0 and the snorkel-MOD from TDW !

Therefore I think we canīt no longer use this MOD in additional with these above two MODs, or ?

I would say that's correct. Reason is I had to modify the Uboot_Sensors.GR2 file to get the snorkel working and this modification required a change in the resulting .sim file. Not all people can use these modified files - only those using my FX_Update, NewUIs, or Uboat_Snorkel mods. Trying to use those files without using the mods mentioned will probably CTD the game.

EDIT:

I modified their file to make it compatible. You can find it here at the bottom: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1332669&postcount=1

mia389
08-07-11, 11:52 AM
Thanks TDW for making the extra file to download. I really didnt want to loose this mod! :yeah:

Magic1111
08-07-11, 01:59 PM
Thanks TDW for making the extra file to download. I really didnt want to loose this mod! :yeah:

2nd this, wonderful Support ! Many thanks TDW ! :yeah::up::yeah:

Sepp von Ch.
08-07-11, 02:16 PM
Solved.

sidslotm
09-27-11, 11:02 AM
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2107/formerit.jpg

Thanks for this mod fellas,

sorry to hear this.

sid

Rongel
11-06-11, 08:27 AM
I have a small hydrophone problem, that I think is related to this mod or the TDW's compatability fix. The first hydrophone

1) GHG (GruppenHorchGerat) -originally installed on boat.

Surfaced------------------17 000m
Periscope Depth (12m)-----25 000m
Depth 30m and below-------40 000m (maximum range)works great, sonar man shouts contacts, and I can hear them when I enter the hydrophone station to listen.

But when I upgrade to the second hydrophone

2) KDB (KristallDrehbasisGerat)- optional rotating device that eliminates blind spot on the bow.

Surfaced-----------------------0m
Periscope Depth (12m)------22 000m
Depth 30m and below--------38 000m (maximum range)the sonarman reports contacts, but I can't hear absolutely anything in hydrostation myself. I have the TDW's patched exe, but I can't even get the contact texts in the hydrowheel. I tested this in harbour with both hydrophones and there was lots of different stock and imported boats around, so it's not a ship problem.

I have the TDW's compatability fix installed last. I just tested the same harbour without this mod (and TDW's edits) and I got the missing KDB-hydrosounds so the reason must be in this mod. Does anybody else have similiar situation???

TheBeast
11-06-11, 11:55 AM
Other Kapitan's are experiencing this same issue even when not using this MOD.

Read Post Hydrophone isn't working even after patches and mods (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189387)

This may be Stock bug that is just being discovered as Hydrophone station is becoming more usefull as MOD's have added/corrected station functionality.

Regards!
TheBeast

TheBeast
11-06-11, 12:01 PM
Hello,

I am having an issue with enabling this mod in the order below. Is anybody having a problem with the hydrophone below 29m. I can hear the hydro above this depth but not below. Seems like it is switched. I have run this mod before with NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith is there an issue running this with the 6-6-0 version. If I remove the R.E.M. mod the hydro is normal but does not have the features of your mod.

A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
Accurate German Flags
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
No magic skills v1.5
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
stoianm upgrade available mod compatible a fistfull of emblems&Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_U-Jagd_Chrono
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english

Thanks

I think TDW HEX Edited Uboot_Sensors.GR2
Not sure if that change is in his UI MOD but that could explain a few things.

I know that I am uable to install the Radar Warning Receiver on Shcnorchel Head when using the HEX Edited version of the Uboot_Sensors.GR2 file. The attach point no longer exists.

Rongel
11-06-11, 01:22 PM
I think that the second hydrophone worked before when using this mod, so maybe something is changed with TDW's UI.

This may be Stock bug that is just being discovered as Hydrophone station is becoming more usefull as MOD's have added/corrected station functionality.
Maybe, but when I disabled this mod and tried the second KDB-hydro in harbour, it worked well for me and I could hear ships buzzing around and see the text in the hydrowheel. I wonder does the KDB-hydro work with other people who use this mod? If it works, then I would know it's my mod-mess causing it. Anyway, can't test more today... I really hope that I can get it working, this is a good mod!

Raven_2012
02-07-12, 11:45 PM
Does REM get installed before Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast_With_Patch?

pedrobas
02-08-12, 12:29 AM
Does REM get installed before Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast_With_Patch?
No, it goes after.

Raven_2012
02-08-12, 12:50 AM
No, it goes after.

What I did was delete the uboat_sensors.sim and uboat_sensors.GR2 in the Equipment Upgrade mod. Do I still need the uboat_sensors.GR2? It doesn't matter with the uboat_sensors.sim if it's deleted, because its going to get overwritten by uboat_sensors.sim in REM.

mikaelanderlund
02-08-12, 01:52 AM
What I did was delete the uboat_sensors.sim and uboat_sensors.GR2 in the Equipment Upgrade mod. Do I still need the uboat_sensors.GR2? It doesn't matter with the uboat_sensors.sim if it's deleted, because its going to get overwritten by uboat_sensors.sim in REM.

If you are using TDW NewUIs you need TDW Modified Ubooat_Sensors.sim for REM:salute:

Raven_2012
02-08-12, 02:11 AM
If you are using TDW NewUIs you need TDW Modified Ubooat_Sensors.sim for REM:salute:

Yeah I am using TDW New UI. I cant get the uboat_sensors.sim for REM in the link in the TDW UI thread. I guess with the SOPA thing the FBI seized the site where it's at, megaupload.com. If someone can upload another one from a different site that would be great.

pedrobas
02-08-12, 10:29 AM
Yeah I am using TDW New UI. I cant get the uboat_sensors.sim for REM in the link in the TDW UI thread. I guess with the SOPA thing the FBI seized the site where it's at, megaupload.com. If someone can upload another one from a different site that would be great.

Here you have : http://www.mediafire.com/?33188cldysg9sck
:salute:

Raven_2012
02-08-12, 01:19 PM
Here you have : http://www.mediafire.com/?33188cldysg9sck
:salute:

Thank you! Do I just overwrite the REM one with this one?

pedrobas
02-08-12, 01:59 PM
Thank you! Do I just overwrite the REM one with this one?
Yes, thatīs all.:salute:

Raven_2012
02-08-12, 02:56 PM
Yes, thatīs all.:salute:

Awesome, thanks! Got my mods in order.

Michael13
02-14-12, 07:27 AM
Hm... tried this mod. Can't hear any ships above 27 meters with second hydrophone (KDB, rotating), when sonarman hear them. Using TDW UI and sensors from pedrobas link. With first hydrophone and this mod everything is fine.

pedrobas
02-14-12, 07:45 AM
Hm... tried this mod. Can't hear any ships above 27 meters with second hydrophone (KDB, rotating), when sonarman hear them. Using TDW UI and sensors from pedrobas link. With first hydrophone and this mod everything is fine.

This is another known bug in SH5. That happens sometimes to me too. Most of the times it works ok.

pedrobas
02-15-12, 08:49 PM
See this:
Other Kapitan's are experiencing this same issue even when not using this MOD.

Read Post Hydrophone isn't working even after patches and mods (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189387)

Regards!
TheBeast

Raven_2012
02-27-12, 10:47 PM

OK, I know R.E.M. goes after Equipment Upgrade mod, but I am using SteelVikings interior mod 1.2.2 patched and it wants to overwrite the Room_QR1.sim. So do I put R.E.M. before SteelVikings Interior mod or after? If it can be answered also what does the Room_QR1.sim change?

pedrobas
02-27-12, 11:50 PM
OK, I know R.E.M. goes after Equipment Upgrade mod, but I am using SteelVikings interior mod 1.2.2 patched and it wants to overwrite the Room_QR1.sim. So do I put R.E.M. before SteelVikings Interior mod or after? If it can be answered also what does the Room_QR1.sim change?

Put it after. And here you have what it changes:
This MOD is compatible with SteelViking's interior mod.

But for reference:

Dial@radar_dial: Display Value: DispVmin 0
DispVmax 360

Real Value: RealVmin 360
RealVmax 0

Ir hit me when I decided to take a break and was watching last issue of Harry Potter saga :haha:

Iīve changed this values in Room_QR1.sim in SteelViking's interior mod for MMM, so now both are the same.

Fish In The Water
11-25-12, 08:29 PM
It might not be flashy, but important work all the same. Thanks for the mod and cheers! :salute:

gap
11-26-12, 07:44 AM
It might not be flashy, but important work all the same. Thanks for the mod and cheers! :salute:

:agree:

gap
02-07-13, 11:42 AM
I can confirm that REM causes the hydro sound problems.

1. When REM installed after IRAI and TDW UI: hydro works on surface down to about 30meters. If I go deeper there is no sound on hydro but sonarmen still gives the positions of ships.

2. When REM is not installed: hydro works OK with mods: TDW UI, IRAI and TDW_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircraft_Spotting_ 1_1_0 (this last mod is not installed during the first test)

Okay, since TheBeast and Xrundel have not been very active in the last months, I could look into why this is happening, but I have a few questions:

have you enabled TDW's compatibility patch (http://www.mediafire.com/?33188cldysg9sck) after New UI's, IRAI and REM?

by any chance have you upgraded your hydrophone to the KDB model?

if the answer to my previous question is yes, was the standard hydrophone working correctly?

whiskey111
02-08-13, 05:44 AM
I didn't use the compatibility patch. I have installed NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith.
Do I have to instal this patch after new UI and before REM
or
after new UI and after REM ?

gap
02-08-13, 06:19 AM
I didn't use the compatibility patch.

You should :yep:

I have installed NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith.
Do I have to instal this patch after new UI and before REM
or
after new UI and after REM ?

after New UI, IRAI, Fx Update and REM :03:

please, test again with the patch enabled in the above order, and answer my other two questions :up:

whiskey111
02-08-13, 08:23 AM
Q: have you enabled TDW's compatibility patch after New UI's, IRAI and REM?
A: Yes, I have just done it. The patch was installed last in order. Same effect, same bad issue.

Q: By any chance have you upgraded your hydrophone to the KDB model?
A: It is test single mission made by me. U-boot 7C: CfgDate=19430101
I don't know how to check the hydrophone model in single mission. Any tip ?

Q: if the answer to my previous question is yes, was the standard hydrophone working correctly?
A: the hydrophone without REM works fine. With REM, sonarman gives the contact on surface and diving below 30m I cannot hear anything in hydro (but sonarman AI gives the contacts).

Below my test mods list:
TDW_Generic Patcher v1.0.74.0
Accurate German Flags
DBM Background Video
Real Environment - Revision_3
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Kriegsmarine Regular Style
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
uboot_sensor_patch

gap
02-08-13, 08:59 AM
Q: have you enabled TDW's compatibility patch after New UI's, IRAI and REM?
A: Yes, I have just done it. The patch was installed last in order. Same effect, same bad issue.

Okay, your mod list is perfect now :up:

Q: By any chance have you upgraded your hydrophone to the KDB model?
A: It is test single mission made by me. U-boot 7C: CfgDate=19430101
I don't know how to check the hydrophone model in single mission. Any tip ?

Try changing mission date to Sept. '39 and setting U-boat equipment to 'Early' (or simply start a new campaign without selecting any upgrade. In this way we should be sure that your sub is equipped with the standard (GHG) hydrophone.

It is easy to recognize which hydrophone your sub is equipped with, since KDB sensors are T shaped spinning things, and they should protrude from your deck, whereas the GHG ones are inside the hull and cannot be seen in external view.

Q: if the answer to my previous question is yes, was the standard hydrophone working correctly?
A: the hydrophone without REM works fine. With REM, sonarman gives the contact on surface and diving below 30m I cannot hear anything in hydro (but sonarman AI gives the contacts).

Please, do one last test following the above instructions, and let me know if the GHG is audible below 30 m with REM enabled

According to other memeber's reports, it should. If you will confirm this fact, I will check what's is the difference between the two hydrophones and (hopefully), I will be able to fix the mute KDB :up:

volodya61
02-08-13, 10:10 AM
I will check what's is the difference between the two hydrophones and (hopefully), I will be able to fix the mute KDB :up:

Let me know if you will find a solution.. :03:

EDIT: and where :salute:

gap
02-08-13, 01:22 PM
Just compared GHG and KDB hydrophones.

The GHG got three SensorData controllers with different SensoHeight and MaxRange settings. Sorted by their Index number, they are as follows:

SensorData #1
MaxRange: 15000
MinSensorHeight: -500
MaxSensorHeight: 0

SensorData #2
MaxRange: 100000
MaxSensorHeight: -28

SensorData #3
MaxRange: 22000
MinSensorHeight: -28
MaxSensorHeight: -10

As for the KDB hydrophone, it got only two controllers, whose settings are:

SensorData #1
MaxRange: 22000
MinSensorHeight: -20
MaxSensorHeight: -1

SensorData #2
MaxRange: 100000
MaxSensorHeight: -20

My suspect is that, as far as human audibility is concerned, only one of the SensorData controllers is applied, the highest index having priority over the lower ones.

It would explain why the GHG is not mute along its whole range (first controller set to 0-500 m), whereas KDB contacts are only audible above 20 m of depth (first controller set to 1-20 m). :yep:

volodya61
02-08-13, 01:50 PM
Do you think that adding one more controller to KDB and probably to BalconGerat would be enough? :hmmm:

gap
02-08-13, 02:08 PM
Do you think that adding one more controller to KDB and probably to BalconGerat would be enough? :hmmm:

Indeed, as demonstrated by Xrundel and TheBeast, we can add any number of controllers for creating smoother range intervals, but as I understand it it wouldn't fix the issue.

I can be wrong, but just by looking at R.E.M hydrophone settings, I would say that changing MinSensorHeight of the first KDB SensorData controller from -20 to -500 should make the trick.

Is there any volunteer who wants to test it? :)

P.S: seems that this mod have been ported by Rubini to SH3, with similar complications: :03:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1851300&postcount=1

Leitender have noticed that the player only can listen from one of the layers (seems the more deep one, the other two are deaf for the player).
Anyhow, the sonarman and the game works normally on the hydro contacts and dinamics, as intend.
So, be adviced, until we find a solution, that this mod is not suitable for players that like to listen contacts by theirselfs

Later on I will have a look at Rubini's mod, and see if it can confirm my theory :up:

volodya61
02-08-13, 02:23 PM
To be honest, I was never a fan of listening to contacts by myself.. :D but couple of times I was asked about this issue in my mod-pack's thread on sukhoi.. and I didn't know what to say..

gap
02-08-13, 03:25 PM
To be honest, I was never a fan of listening to contacts by myself.. :D but couple of times I was asked about this issue in my mod-pack's thread on sukhoi.. and I didn't know what to say..

So you haven't ever listened to OH's whale... it can be a trascendental experience :O:

volodya61
02-08-13, 03:42 PM
So you haven't ever listened to OH's whale... it can be a trascendental experience :O:

Why do you think so?
I heard them right in their home, in the ocean.. :O: :03:

gap
02-08-13, 03:52 PM
Why do you think so?

Cool!
I have seen many dolphins, both in the Mediterranean and in the Indian Ocean, but never a whale

http://www.netanimations.net/whale.gif

GT182
02-08-13, 03:53 PM

Ahhh man, you can't get any luckier than that. Now you're making me have whale envy.

volodya61
02-08-13, 04:10 PM
Here they are :)

http://s19.postimage.org/p54n86yrj/kit.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/p54n86yrj/) http://s19.postimage.org/aw9m3v9mn/kit5.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/aw9m3v9mn/) http://s19.postimage.org/y0a2wgcxr/kit6.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/y0a2wgcxr/)

Fifi
02-08-13, 04:45 PM
Fantastic shots Volod! :yeah:

gap
02-08-13, 04:59 PM
Yes, I had seen them before, but they are simply beatiful :up:

whiskey111
02-10-13, 09:21 AM
OK, I have just done the requested test.
Mission date: 1939.10.01 U-boot 7A
[Unit 1]
Name=_GE Type VIIA#1
Class=SSTypeVIIA
Type=200
Origin=German
LayerOperation=0
Side=2
Commander=1
CargoExt=-1
CargoInt=-1
Doctrine=0
CfgDate=19391001
MainEquipment=1
SecondaryEquipment=1

The problem is the same. When 30m gets, sonar go mutes for human. U-boot was equipped with the sonar type GHG.

Additionaly, in both cases, sonar GHG and KDB, hydro works on the surface and sonarman gives the contact bearing. Due to the REM mod info it shouldn't be like that.

gap
02-10-13, 10:29 AM
The problem is the same. When 30m gets, sonar go mutes for human. U-boot was equipped with the sonar type GHG.

your news are not good indeed.
If even the GHG is broken I don't know what else we can hope. Thank you anyway for testing :up:

Two last questions:

what was the range from target, during your last test?

are at least R.E.M. ranges working as expected (decreased ranges at shallow depths), for the non-human hydrophone operator?

Additionaly, in both cases, sonar GHG and KDB, hydro works on the surface and sonarman gives the contact bearing. Due to the REM mod info it shouldn't be like that.

I think minimum heights (0 and -1 m) are too shallow. I am sure that decreasing them would fix the issue.

whiskey111
02-11-13, 09:21 AM
Two last questions:

what was the range from target, during your last test?
are at least R.E.M. ranges working as expected (decreased ranges at shallow depths), for the non-human hydrophone operator?

Range is about 7km, as I remember. Single merchant (7kts), weather good. Merchant well heared on the periscope depth. Below 30m - no sound at all.
I'm not able to measure if the range script works OK as it is doesn't work at greater depths at all.

I think minimum heights (0 and -1 m) are too shallow. I am sure that decreasing them would fix the issue.

The U-boat on the surface is about -5 or -7 meters. It depends on the wind. If I edit this values, I would like to set it to -9 at least (but I'm not the modder).
Even if the U-boat is on the periscope depth the range of the hydro should be very limited due to water movements on that depth.

gap
02-12-13, 07:54 AM
Range is about 7km, as I remember. Single merchant (7kts), weather good. Merchant well heared on the periscope depth. Below 30m - no sound at all.
I'm not able to measure if the range script works OK as it is doesn't work at greater depths at all.

Do you mean that it is broken for both the human player and the AI operator? :huh:

The U-boat on the surface is about -5 or -7 meters. It depends on the wind. If I edit this values, I would like to set it to -9 at least (but I'm not the modder).

this can be easily achieved. As I told you before, it is a matter of adjusting the MinSensorHeight parameter of the shallowest hydrophone range :up:

Even if the U-boat is on the periscope depth the range of the hydro should be very limited due to water movements on that depth.

This could be doable with the method used by Xrundel... if only it worked properly :wah:

volodya61
02-12-13, 08:34 AM
Do you mean that it is broken for both the human player and the AI operator? :huh:

No.. I use my edition of this sensors.sim file and Benno always hears everything perfectly, at any depth, especially with the Crew wakeup patch enabled.. :yep:

gap
02-12-13, 09:14 AM
No.. I use my edition of this sensors.sim file and Benno always hears everything perfectly, at any depth, especially with the Crew wakeup patch enabled.. :yep:

Is your UBoot_Sensors.sim based on R.E.M? If yes, are R.E.M. ranges working as supposed (for Benno, indeed), and is the G.H.G. hydrophone as deaf as the K.D.B, when you use it manually below 30 m?

whiskey111
02-12-13, 09:38 AM

No, I mean that I cannot estimate how the ranges works because for human there is no sound below 30m. That's why I'm not able to check if the sound is stronger or not in various depths.

gap
02-12-13, 09:45 AM
No, I mean that I cannot estimate how the ranges works because for human there is no sound below 30m. That's why I'm not able to check if the sound is stronger or not in various depths.

...but you can still test if AI sonarman hydrophone ranges vary depending on depth. You need to test it in a set of single missions, placing an enemy contact at various ranges :yep:

volodya61
02-12-13, 09:51 AM
Is your UBoot_Sensors.sim based on R.E.M? If yes, are R.E.M. ranges working as supposed (for Benno, indeed)

My .sim is based on TDW's revision of R.E.M's file.. all ranges for all hydrophones are working as they should and as supposed to work..

...is the G.H.G. hydrophone as deaf as the K.D.B, when you use it manually below 30 m?

I didn't use it manually below the 30 meters depth so far, but I could test it later..

gap
02-12-13, 10:16 AM
My .sim is based on TDW's revision of R.E.M's file.. all ranges for all hydrophones are working as they should and as supposed to work..

Good news at last :yeah:

I didn't use it manually below the 30 meters depth so far, but I could test it later..

Yes, please :)

volodya61
02-12-13, 11:30 AM

OK.. I will test it..
Where can I find deep waters near Kiel :hmmm:

whiskey111
02-12-13, 04:20 PM
...but you can still test if AI sonarman hydrophone ranges vary depending on depth. You need to test it in a set of single missions, placing an enemy contact at various ranges :yep:
I don't trust AI :D Frankly speaking, the most important to me is how I can hear ships. Without having this possibility this mod is completely useless to me ;-)

gap
02-12-13, 04:25 PM
I don't trust AI :D Frankly speaking, the most important to me is how I can hear ships. Without having this possibility this mod is completely useless to me ;-)

Yes, but figuring out what goes on with the AI could give us some clues on how to fix the mod for the player :03:

volodya61
02-12-13, 07:40 PM
OK.. I will test it..
Where can I find deep waters near Kiel :hmmm:

Okay..

Here is my SensorData settings:

GHG
1. -7 | -27 | 23000
2. -27 | -500 | 100000
3. -7 | -500 | 23000
audible to human in range -7 | -27

KDB
1. -23 | -500 | 100000
2. -3 | -23 | 20000
audible to human in range -30 | -∞
(I think the difference 7 meters included to the hydrophone KDB initially)

Here is full stock SensorData settings:

GHG
1. 0 | -500 | 55000
audible to human in range 0 | -∞

KDB
1. 0 | -500 | 30000
audible to human in range -7 | -∞

I think all the conclusions are on the surface.. the game audio controller accepts only the first value and doesn't know about the others..
All we need is to teach the game audio controller to see all of the sensor data rows or (much easier) to make the first sensor data rows such as GHG p.3
Unfortunately I am not very familiar with the S3D but tomorrow I'll try to edit my file and will see what happens..

What you think Gap?

gap
02-12-13, 08:45 PM
What you think Gap?

I think that:

You are a an excellent tester. Seriously, hats off :yep:

Your conclusion that only the first SensorData controller is used for audio is in accordance with my initial guess, and looks to me fully congruent with the results of your tests.

We cannot "teach" the game to "see" the second and third layer, but as you are suggesting, we can try extending the range of the first layer from the minimum to the maximum depth.
Let's say that we have 3 depth ranges, from A to B, from B to C and from C to D, where A is the shallowest depth, and D is the deepest depth. I would try the following settings:

1st SensorData:
maximumrange=short
mindepth=A
maxdepth=D

2nd SensorData:
maximumrange=medium
mindepth=B
maxdepth=D

3rd SensorData:
maximumrange=long
mindepth=C
maxdepth=D

Notice that using the above settings the human player would be able to hear ships only from the shallowest layer: at bigger depths, our operator would be better than us in detecting far contacts. If we wanted the opposite to be true, we should try inverting the previous settings, as folows:

1st SensorData:
maximumrange=long
mindepth=A
maxdepth=D

2nd SensorData:
maximumrange=medium
mindepth=A
maxdepth=C

3rd SensorData:
maximumrange=short
mindepth=A
maxdepth=B

My only doubt is that with these settings, probably the second and third ranges wouldn't be applied at all, and our operator wouldn't be affected by depth changes.

If you send me your files, I can tweak them in s3d and send them back to you, for you to check :up:

Seems that the K.D.B has a constant offset of -7 m. this probably due to the fact that the SensorData controller min and max depth settings are relative to sensor's position, whereas the depths we are measuring in game are relative to boat's keel. The G.H.G, and probably the Balkon Gerat, are fitted near the keel, whereas the K.D.B. sensors are mounted on the deck, about 7 m higher.

You are a good pal, and a very friendly subsim member :O: :rotfl2:

volodya61
02-13-13, 07:16 AM
You are a an excellent tester. Seriously, hats off :yep:
You are a good pal, and a very friendly subsim member :O: :rotfl2:

:oops:

If we wanted the opposite to be true, we should try inverting the previous settings, as folows:
My only doubt is that with these settings, probably the second and third ranges wouldn't be applied at all, and our operator wouldn't be affected by depth changes.

I think you are absolutely right here, if we make these settings, the sense of mod disappears altogether..

If you send me your files, I can tweak them in s3d and send them back to you, for you to check :up:

I have already edited my file but I'm afraid that there may be errors..
Here is my original file - http://rghost.ru/43766178
Make the changes and send it to me, please and I will check both of :up:

EDIT: and Balcon Gerat too, please :yep:

whiskey111
02-13-13, 08:29 AM
I have checked this file. The AI sonarman is no longer updating the contacts when sub is surface.
However, below 30m still no sound for human.

gap
02-13-13, 08:36 AM
:oops:

just kidding Volodya :)

I think you are absolutely right here, if we make these settings, the sense of mod disappears altogether.

yes, I am afraid we got to live with reduced audible hydro range :-?

I have already edited my file but I'm afraid that there may be errors..
Here is my original file - http://rghost.ru/43766178
Make the changes and send it to me, please and I will check both of :up:

EDIT: and Balcon Gerat too, please :yep:

Okay, working on it :up:

I have checked this file. The AI sonarman is no longer updating the contacts when sub is surface.

We are trying to fix it, whiskey. Stay tuned ;)

volodya61
02-13-13, 08:45 AM

It's my original file.. it wasn't edited yet..
here are settings of it - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2008768&postcount=80

gap
02-13-13, 09:44 AM
It's my original file.. it wasn't edited yet..
here are settings of it - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2008768&postcount=80

I have openend your file both in Goblin and in S3d, and I have noticed that in your post you had inverted layers order. This is because Goblin shows controllers in reverse index order. In other words, the controller used for audio contacts is the last one.

That makes little difference for our purposes, indeed. I am saying it just in case someone wants to replicate our experiment with other settings. Thinking especially of our SH3/4 mod community friends who are using S3d as their main editing tool :)

About your settings, Volodya, I have a couple of remarks:

1. the GHG is set to have 3 layers: 1 for shallow depths (7-27 m), one for high depths (27-500), and one covering the whole depht range (7-500). It doesn't make much sense :hmm2: can you please specify the number of different sensitiveness layers you want, with their depth ranges (relative to sensor position) and max detecting ranges?

2. I see that, similarly to R.E.M, your file features max detecting ranges exceding 20 km which, IIRC, is the "world limit" beyond which units exist just as a set of coordinates. Is is supposed to be like this? :hmmm:

volodya61
02-13-13, 10:24 AM
1. the GHG is set to have 3 layers: 1 for shallow depths (7-27 m), one for high depths (27-500), and one covering the whole depht range (7-500). It doesn't make much sense :hmm2: can you please specify the number of different sensitiveness layers you want, with their depth ranges (relative to sensor position) and max detecting ranges?

these are not my layers.. I only a bit changed values..
it all makes sense.. the layers are working correctly.. in layer (7-27) Benno heard in range about 21-22 Km.. in layer (27-500) Benno heard in range about 37-38 km for convoys and in range 35-36 km for single ships.. with KDB less at 1-2 km

2. I see that, similarly to R.E.M, your file features max detecting ranges exceding 20 km which, IIRC, is the "world limit" beyond which units exist just as a set of coordinates. Is is supposed to be like this? :hmmm:

In fact the "world limit" is about 40 km mostly.. one time Benno has detected a convoy in range 55 km.. it was wolfpack.. and I had seen them using external camera.. when the first unit of the convoy is entering into the sensors area (40 km) then Benno can hear whole convoy.. that's why he could heard in range 55 km..

gap
02-13-13, 10:45 AM
these are not my layers.. I only a bit changed values..
it all makes sense.. the layers are working correctly.. in layer (7-27) Benno heard in range about 21-22 Km.. in layer (27-500) Benno heard in range about 37-38 km for convoys and in range 35-36 km for single ships.. with KDB less at 1-2 km

So you are proposing a two ranges sensitiveness pattern (7-27 and 27-500)? In this case I will remove the third SensorData controller for both the GHG and the Balkon Gerat. :hmmm:

In fact the "world limit" is about 40 km mostly.. one time Benno has detected a convoy in range 55 km.. it was wolfpack.. and I had seen them using external camera.. when the first unit of the convoy is entering into the sensors area (40 km) then Benno can hear whole convoy.. that's why he could heard in range 55 km..

Okay, 40 km makes much more sense :up:

volodya61
02-13-13, 10:59 AM
So you are proposing a two ranges sensitiveness pattern (7-27 and 27-500)? In this case I will remove the third SensorData controller for both the GHG and the Balkon Gerat. :hmmm:

If you remove third SensorData for GHG and Balcon Gerat then it will be human audible only at one range - 7-27 or 27-500..

I suggest you to add one more SensorData for KDB and two SensorDatas for Balcon Gerat type9.. because I don't know exactly which one (Balcon Gerat or Balcon Gerat type9) is using in game.. all other settings I will make by myself..

volodya61
02-13-13, 11:09 AM
...and two SensorDatas for Balcon Gerat type9..

I think it's not needed.. I hope when Xrundel and TheBeast did this mod they knew what they were doing..
add only one SensorData for the KDB, please.. and send me the file..

EDIT: I've tried to did it by myself but something wrong with me.. :/\\!! Goblin don't see new SensorData after my edit.. :nope:

gap
02-13-13, 11:18 AM
If you remove third SensorData for GHG and Balcon Gerat then it will be human audible only at one range - 7-27 or 27-500..

I suggest you to add one more SensorData for KDB and two SensorDatas for Balcon Gerat type9.. because I don't know exactly which one (Balcon Gerat or Balcon Gerat type9) is using in game.. all other settings I will make by myself..

Okay, I think we don't understand each other. I will give each sensor 3 layers with mixed settings, and then you will adjust them to your taste. :up:

P.S: Balcon Gerat type9 was planned for type IX U-boats. I will leave it alone atm :03:

volodya61
02-13-13, 11:30 AM
I will give each sensor 3 layers with mixed settings, and then you will adjust them to your taste. :up:

OK..
Something wrong with my brain today.. still can't add one more data for KDB :/\\!!:/\\!!

volodya61
02-13-13, 12:04 PM
OK..
Something wrong with my brain today.. still can't add one more data for KDB :/\\!!:/\\!!

I did it! Finally I did it! :Kaleun_Wink:

now I'm testing it.. a bit later will upload it for Whiskey to testing it..

volodya61
02-13-13, 12:23 PM
Okay, I think we don't understand each other.

Now I see :yep: silly me :oops:

I can't figure out why they added third controller for GHG and Balcon Gerat.. maybe were some reasons? :hmmm:

EDIT: now I will remove unnecessary controllers and will see how it works without them..

gap
02-13-13, 12:31 PM
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1228/pushme.png (http://www.mediafire.com/?0m8b4mdjdd1des3)

... just in case. :03:

I have given the 3 hydrophones exactly the same settings:

1st SendorData:
PreciseRange=25,000
Max Range=40,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-80

2nd SendorData:
PreciseRange=17,000
Max Range=25,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-27

3rd SendorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=17,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-7

fingers crossed :up:

gap
02-13-13, 12:35 PM
Now I see :yep:

I can't figure out why they added third SensorData for GHG and Balcon Gerat.. maybe were some reasons? :hmmm:

they did it because they gave some surface detection range to GHG and Balcon Gerat. Nonetheless you removed it, making the third controller unnecessary. I have utilized it for creating a deeper sensitiveness layer (-80 to -500).

We will talk about realistic settings later. Now let's see if our fix works as supposed or not :)

volodya61
02-13-13, 12:50 PM
I have given the 3 hydrophones exactly the same settings:

:hmmm: I think the PreciseRanges should be =0.. otherwise you will not hear the target when it will come closer then this value..

EDIT: and other targets that are already closer too..

..Nonetheless you removed it, making the third controller unnecessary...

Ah.. I see..

gap
02-13-13, 01:03 PM
:hmmm: I think the PreciseRanges should be =0.. otherwise you will not hear the target when it will come closer then this value..

No, PreciseRange should be the range at which the sensor will still receive full signal. From PreciseRange to MaxRange, the signal will start decreasing linearly.

I have put there some numbers just for testing. You can set them back to 0, if you want. For ease of editing I have also moved all the hydrophone sensordata controllers to the end of the file. Have you downloaded my test fix, by the way, or still testing your tweaks?

volodya61
02-13-13, 01:14 PM
Have you downloaded my test fix, by the way, or still testing your tweaks?

:har: :rotfl2:
Today is not my day..
I thought this "push me" button is just for decoration..

gap
02-13-13, 01:23 PM
:har: :rotfl2:
Today is not my day..
I thought this "push me" button is just for decoration..

Yes, at some moment I had this doubt. This is why I decide to ask :haha:

volodya61
02-13-13, 01:24 PM
or just a good habit do not press the unknown red button that say "push me" :haha:

Okay, now log out for some testing..

gap
02-13-13, 01:38 PM
or just a good habit do not press the unknown red button that say "push me" :haha:

...and I have the bad habit of posting dangerous red buttons on public forums, in hope that some unaware forum member will launch random nuclear attacks by pushing them. Is that what you think? :03:

Okay, now log out for some testing..

Again: fingers crossed :up:

GT182
02-13-13, 01:52 PM
That little Red button is cool. Nice for links to mods. :up:

:subsim: LOL

gap
02-13-13, 01:58 PM
That little Red button is cool. Nice for links to mods. :up:

:subsim: LOL

Just a quick edit of an icon I had found on the web. If you look closely, it is not perfect :)

volodya61
02-13-13, 03:26 PM
...and I have the bad habit of posting dangerous red buttons on public forums, in hope that some unaware forum member will launch random nuclear attacks by pushing them. Is that what you think? :03:

:hmmm:.. Things happen.. :har:

Out of jokes..

The first act of our ballet is over..

I've edited a little some values but it will be checked in the second act..

GHG and Balcon Gerat

1st SendorData:
PreciseRange=25,000
Max Range=100,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-58

2nd SendorData:
PreciseRange=17,000
Max Range=25,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-28

3rd SendorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=17,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-8

Audible to human player from -9 to -∞

KDB

1st SendorData:
PreciseRange=25,000
Max Range=100,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-53

2nd SendorData:
PreciseRange=17,000
Max Range=25,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-23

3rd SendorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=17,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-3

Audible to human player from -9 to -∞

Balcon Gerat decided not to test..

The third bell.. It's time for the second act.. Change campaign and go deeper to the Baltic.. :03:

gap
02-13-13, 03:36 PM
:Kaleun_Party::Kaleun_Cheers:

4th act: is audible range affected by the MaxRange property of the last SendorData, or rather we can just hear at any range, as far as its Min/Max heights are set appropriately? :hmmm:

PS: are you writing from the Bolshoi? :huh:

http://www.picgifs.com/sport-graphics/sport-graphics/ballet/sport-graphics-ballet-794667.gif

volodya61
02-13-13, 08:33 PM
4th act: is audible range affected by the MaxRange property of the last SendorData, or rather we can just hear at any range, as far as its Min/Max heights are set appropriately? :hmmm:

:hmmm: Not sure that I understand your question correctly.. it was long "test" night :).. if you meant - human audible then see below..

Second - Fourth Acts :D

GHG

Depth 62 m, single ship - 35-36 km, convoy - 37-38 km
Depth 32 m, single ship&convoy - 24 km
Depth 12 m, single ship&convoy - 16 km

Human audible at all ranges! at long range the sound gradually fades

KDB

Depth 62 m, single ship - 34-35 km, convoy - 36-37 km
Depth 32 m, single ship&convoy - 24 km
Depth 12 m, single ship&convoy - 16 km

Human audible at all ranges! at long range the sound gradually fades

PS: are you writing from the Bolshoi? :huh:

Nope :).. from Mariinsky

PS: WE DID IT!

@Whiskey

If you are using TDW's New UI (because this file based on TDW's revision of R.E.M) you can replace your sensors.sim with this one - http://rghost.ru/43782340

if something goes wrong please let us know :yep:

gap
02-13-13, 09:21 PM
PS: WE DID IT!

Better than expected! :yeah: :sunny:
I knew there was a way to fix those broken hydrophones, but I was ready for a longer trial and error process :03:

Let's talk about settings now:

for a start:

I think all the hydrophones should have the same depth (Min/Max SensorHeigh) settings. What in real life mattered was obviously hydrophone depth, not sub depth. And SensorsData Min/Max heights are just relative to the depth of the sensor... Equal height settings will imply that, due to KDB position, for getting a good detection range with it, we would be forced to go deeper than using the GHG, exactly like it really happened :yep:

I don't think that real hydrophones started working suddenly when they reached 3 or 8 m of depth. They had to receive some faint signals as soon as they had one or so meters of water above them. Too weak signals for being of any use, indeed. We can simulated it by adding another shallower layer with very short range, long sweep period and low ProbInsideArc. What do you think?

According to an Admiralty interrogation report I have read, at least in Mediterranean the best listening depth was 80 m :yep: I would add one last layer for this depth, or increase the min depth of the deepest one.

I have several other suggestions based on my readings, but for this moment I think the ones I have listed above are already enough for giving you a serious headache :D

volodya61
02-13-13, 09:50 PM
for a start:

:o start? again? oh noooo!

I don't think that real hydrophones started working suddenly when they reached 3 or 8 m of depth. They had to receive some faint signals as soon as they had one or so meters of water above them. Too weak signals for being of any use, indeed. We can simulated it by adding another shallower layer with very short range, long sweep period and low ProbInsideArc. What do you think?

What I think? I think that we need NASA computers if we want to simulate the real conditions in this game..

BTW, what is ProbInsideArc?

...I think the ones I have listed above are already enough for giving you a serious headache :D

You did :yep: :Kaleun_Sick:

PS: I will think about all this things after wakeup.. :Kaleun_Sleep:

gap
02-13-13, 10:05 PM
:o start? again? oh noooo!

stubbor guy :-?

What I think? I think that we need NASA computers if we want to simulate the real conditions in this game..

Do you think two more controllers will make that much difference?

BTW, what is ProbInsideArc?

The probability (in percent, from 0 to 1) of detecting a contact inside the SweepArc. :03:

You did :yep: :Kaleun_Sick:

lazy guy :nope: :D

PS: I will think about all this things after wakeup.. :Kaleun_Sleep:

have a nice rest :up:

Obelix
02-13-13, 11:42 PM

Computer rover Curiosity: 200 MHz, 256 KB of EEPROM, 256 MB DRAM, and 2 GB of flash memory:D. In Houston, of course, is much more powerful computer around, but the surprise is that the rover's computer when such characteristics copes with its task and not "slow":haha: and 400 mips.
It is clear that the whole point of the highest quality hardware and software manufacturing. And in code optimization, of course.

Fifi
02-14-13, 01:02 AM
Guys, can't wait to try your hard work on my list! :rock:

volodya61
02-14-13, 06:49 AM
..but for this moment I think the ones I have listed above are already enough..

Something like this? :hmm2:

1st SendorData:
PreciseRange=25,000
Max Range=100,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-78
ProbInsideArc=1

2nd SendorData:
PreciseRange=25,000
Max Range=100,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-48
ProbInsideArc=0,60

3rd SendorData:
PreciseRange=17,000
Max Range=25,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-28
ProbInsideArc=0,95

4th SendorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=17,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-8
ProbInsideArc=0,95

5th SendorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=8,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
ProbInsideArc=0,50

Do you think two more controllers will make that much difference?

I talked about global improvement of this game.. the game already requires resources far greater than many of the new and higher quality games.. I think any developer will not release now to the market a product that requires 8GB and even more of RAM.. this game requires.. I think this is wrong way.. modmakers should to think about how their mods will work together with other mods..
IMO

Guys, can't wait to try your hard work on my list! :rock:

This is not our work.. this is great work by Xrundel and TheBeast.. we are just making a small rework.. :yep:

gap
02-14-13, 08:39 AM
Something like this? :hmm2:

still elaborating... I will reply asap :up:

Illyustrator
02-14-13, 08:50 AM
...I talked about global improvement of this game.. the game already requires resources far greater than many of the new and higher quality games.. I think any developer will not release now to the market a product that requires 8GB and even more of RAM.. this game requires.. I think this is wrong way.. modmakers should to think about how their mods will work together with other mods..
IMO...
That's what I always wanted to say, but I'm shy.:up:

gap
02-14-13, 02:45 PM
My proposed GHG settings. :smug:

1st SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=45,500
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-80
SweepPeriod=28
ProbInsideArc=0,93

2nd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=39,200
MinSesorHeight=-104
MaxSesorHeight=-56
SweepPeriod=29
ProbInsideArc=0,92

3rd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=28,000
MinSesorHeight=-80
MaxSesorHeight=-32
SweepPeriod=31
ProbInsideArc=0,89

4th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=14,000
MinSesorHeight=-56
MaxSesorHeight=-8
SweepPeriod=35
ProbInsideArc=0,85

5th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=4,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
SweepPeriod=44
ProbInsideArc=0,77

Comments later ;)

gap
02-14-13, 04:51 PM
Comments later ;)

MaxSesorHeight: adjusted to have a constant spacing of 24 m between two consecutive layers in the range 8-80 meters.

MinSesorHeight: adjusted for SensorData's 2 to 4, so to have layers of 48 m in depth. The first 24 meters of each layer are overlapping with the last 24 on the following one.

PreciseRange: set to 0 for all the layers.

MaxRange: see graph:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6195/ghgranges.jpg

Question: should we model reduced or null hydrophone ranges under the thermocline :hmm2:

SweepPeriod: seconds for a full sweep (stock setting: 30 sec). Adjusted for all the layers, so to simulate faster detection speed at higher depths. See graph:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3662/ghgsweepperiods.jpg

ProbInsideArc: stock setting: 0.95 (95%). Adjusted for all the layers, so to simulate better detection at higher depths. See graph:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2100/ghgprobability.jpg

whiskey111
02-15-13, 05:34 AM
I will test the file today. Is it the final version ? Any bugs I can expect ?

volodya61
02-15-13, 07:42 AM
My proposed GHG settings. :smug:
Comments later ;)

This is what I would call a strict scientific approach :up:

Do you want me to test it? :03:

Question: should we model reduced or null hydrophone ranges under the thermocline :hmm2:

Do you think still not enough changes? :D

Yes.. it's final version for now.. but if you want you can help us to test the versions with the new changes :up:..
EDIT: all the settings of this file you can find in previously posts..

volodya61
02-15-13, 08:18 AM
..should we model reduced or null hydrophone ranges under the thermocline..

Maybe we can to model somehow the hydrophone's work with the running engines.. :hmmm:

gap
02-15-13, 08:36 AM
This is what I would call a strict scientific approach :up:

Sometimes I think I have limited fantasy. This could be a reason for my loving mathemaical approaches :hmmm:

Do you want me to test it? :03:

Okay :up:

I will prepare a GHG patch with my new settings in a matter of minutes!

Do you think still not enough changes? :D

let's think aloud, Volodya :)

Atm we are just discussing. I am not even sure that my settings are going to work properly. :03:

Once we understand what can be done and what not, we will deal with computer performance issues :yep:

Maybe we can to model somehow the hydrophone's work with the running engines.. :hmmm:

What do you mean? :hmm2:

Yes.. it's final version for now.. but if you want you can help us to test the versions with the new changes :up:..

As far as R.E.M. is concerned, the experimenting phase is concluded. Today I will post a fix which will feature "standard" R.E.M. depths and ranges. This one will be the "final version".

Volodya, can I use your modified Uboat_sensors.sim for the TDW compatible version of the fix, or you had modified any setting not related with hydrophone SensorData controllers?

volodya61
02-15-13, 08:54 AM

I can make it by myself :yep:

What do you mean? :hmm2:

I mean, we don't have a setting which would decrease the hydrophone's ability to "hear" with the engine running .. or is there?

Volodya, can I use your modified Uboat_sensors.sim for the TDW compatible version of the fix, or you had modified any setting not related with hydrophone SensorData controllers?

I don't think so.. I had modified a bit the scope's max heights also and some other settings in the hydrophone's controllers (which I've already turned back)..
EDIT: and anti sensor coatings controllers for compatibility with IRAI.. :yep:

gap
02-15-13, 08:55 AM

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?49a968olnd4l594

No red buttons this time :D

gap
02-15-13, 09:12 AM
I mean, we don't have a setting which would decrease the hydrophone's ability to "hear" with the engine running .. or is there?

This is already modelled in game through the 'Hydrophone speed factor ' or 'Hydrophone noise factor' in Sensors.cfg. Unfortunately they are global parameters: they affect indiscriminately all the hydrophones.
In reality, the KDB was much more affected by engine noises than GHG and Balkon, but afaik there is no way to simulate it in game.

I don't think so.. I had modified a bit the scope's max heights also and some other settings in the hydrophone's controllers (which I've already turned back)..

Okay, I will tweak directly R.E.M. files.
But why have you edited scope max heights? are they wrong in R.E.M? :hmmm:

volodya61
02-15-13, 09:35 AM
In reality, the KDB was much more affected by engine noises than GHG and Balkon, but afaik there is no way to simulate it in game.

it's sadly

Okay, I will tweak directly R.E.M. files.

Here you can find original file revised by TDW - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1835369&postcount=39

But why have you edited scope max heights? are they wrong in R.E.M? :hmmm:

These are original settings -
1) Height of Observation Periscope set at 3.512m
2) Height of Attack Periscope set at 5.063mThese are mine -
Obs Scope - 3.8m
Attack Scope - 5.2m

I had edited a lot files in my game for compatibility with each other.. uboat.cfg files, uboat.sim files etc..
That's why I had modified scope's max heights also..

gap
02-15-13, 09:56 AM
it's sadly

Do you mean that, in game, KDB is more affected than other hydrophones by engine noise? :huh:

Here you can find original file revised by TDW - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1835369&postcount=39

Thank you.
I have already started tweaking the non-TDW version of R.E.M. sim file. When finished, it will be easy copying/pasting the righ controllers into the TDW compatibility patch :up:

I had edited a lot files in the my game for compatibility with each other.. uboat.cfg files, uboat.sim files etc..
That's why I had modified scope's max heights also..

I am sure you know what you are doing :)

Test my GHG settings when you get time for it please, and let me know your opinion. Besided obvious bugs, I am also concerned about computer performance and interested into how realistic/well balanced you think they are. For maximum ranges, I took inspiration from the following quote:

Range: Up to 20 miles (= ca. 37,000 meters) under favorable conditions. G.H.G. is fitted in all U-boats. Bearing accuracy is good. The maximum range at which a destroyer or small merchantman can be heard under good Atlantic condition is said to be 10 miles and convoys may be heard up to 20 miles. Under poor conditions, however, the range drops to half or less of these figures. It is vulnerable to depth-charge attack and many C.O.'s distrust it.

source: http://www.uboatarchive.net/CumulativeEdition.htm

When we finish with the GHG, we will model the other two hydrophones. I have read quite a lot about German sensors, lately :know:

volodya61
02-15-13, 10:23 AM
Do you mean that, in game, KDB is more affected than other hydrophones by engine noise? :huh:

I mean, this is sadly that we can't control these factors (Hydrophone speed factor and Hydrophone noise factor) separately for each hydrophone..
Unfortunately I used GHG very little and I can't confidently discuss this..

I am sure you know what you are doing :)

Me too :hmmm:

Test my GHG settings when you get time for it please, and let me know your opinion.

Okay..
But I need a heavy fog for test this:

5th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=4,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
SweepPeriod=44
ProbInsideArc=0,77

Is the GHG by default in custom missions? :hmmm:

gap
02-15-13, 10:38 AM
I mean, this is sadly that we can't control these factors (Hydrophone speed factor and Hydrophone noise factor) separately for each hydrophone..

:wah:

Me too :hmmm:

:haha: :up:

Okay..
But I need a heavy fog for test this:

5th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=4,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
SweepPeriod=44
ProbInsideArc=0,77

Is the GHG by default in custom missions? :hmmm:

I haven't figured out yet how equipment are assigned in single mission. :88)

Setting a mission to Sept 39, and giving the boat early equipment should be enough in this case. If you want, I can design a set of test missions at different depths and ranges from a single target :)

volodya61
02-15-13, 11:11 AM
Setting a mission to Sept 39, and giving the boat early equipment should be enough in this case. If you want, I can design a set of test missions at different depths and ranges from a single target :)

:yep: be so kind :)
because I was tired last time when I searched convoys and single ships for test each hydrophone in the campaign..

PS: I'm not even sure that with my Fog Distances WO not able to see visual contacts :hmmm:

http://s19.postimage.org/acyi771j3/SH5_Img_2012_10_25_21_23_22.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/acyi771j3/)

gap
02-15-13, 12:53 PM
This fix should make hydrophone contacts audible for human player at any depth below sensor's minimum depth.

Enable the standard version on top of R.E.M if New UI's/IRAI are not used, otherwise enable the TDW compatible after R.E.M and TDW mods.
http://smashbattle.condor.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/download.png (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ug0sw00jgdu0ewa)
NOTE: R.E.M. hydrophone depth ranges/detection distances are not affected by this fix, i.e. Xrundel/TheBeast's settings are unchanged.

Trevally.
02-15-13, 12:58 PM
MaxRange: see graph:

http://rlv.zcache.ca/i_love_graphs_sticker-p217324579581287049en7l1_216.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=bx_f7WG3lcRFgM&tbnid=3J6SWSJ8n6jyEM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zazzle.ca%2Fgraph%2Bgifts&ei=FHceUcPXI4ep4ASJv4CABA&psig=AFQjCNGk4PAM4i-WCCrZqaNhQSU70dM0DA&ust=1361037460639576)

:up:

gap
02-15-13, 03:14 PM
:yep: be so kind :)
because I was tired last time when I searched convoys and single ships for test each hydrophone in the campaign..

Here it is: :salute:

GHG test missions (http://www.mediafire.com/?7atymlclv5d6rg5)

Each mission features an hogislander sailing at 10 kn and about to enter the particular hydrophone range at the current U-boat depth. She will keep following her route past you position. More explaination in mission briefing.

PS: I'm not even sure that with my Fog Distances WO not able to see visual contacts :hmmm:

What is the proble with WO spotting the contact? :06:
I have set heavy clouds and fog, no wind, low ship veterancy level. I hope she won't spot you. ;)

http://rlv.zcache.ca/i_love_graphs_sticker-p217324579581287049en7l1_216.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=bx_f7WG3lcRFgM&tbnid=3J6SWSJ8n6jyEM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zazzle.ca%2Fgraph%2Bgifts&ei=FHceUcPXI4ep4ASJv4CABA&psig=AFQjCNGk4PAM4i-WCCrZqaNhQSU70dM0DA&ust=1361037460639576)

:up:

Looking again at that graph made me to spot a mistake: I should have set layers with constant max range spacing among them, and varying depth range intervals :hmmm:

vlad29
02-15-13, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the fix Gap! If You remember, the problem of hydrophone detection was mostly concerning some of the extra (imported) ships. Is this issue still actual or solved already?

P.S. Have a time to have a look at videonews re. meteor fall in Ural (Russia) on 15th Feb. Now I believe armaggedon plausibility is not a fable:stare:

volodya61
02-15-13, 04:10 PM
Here it is: :salute:

Why so many missions? one mission would have been enough :yep:

What is the proble with WO spotting the contact? :06:
I have set heavy clouds and fog, no wind, low ship veterancy level. I hope she won't spot you. ;)

I think my English is terrible.. I mean, when/if my watch officer sees contact, then I have no way to test the hydrophone, because I only see the visual contact on the map, not hydrophone..

Thanks for the fix Gap!

Only Gap? :oops:

P.S. Have a time to have a look at videonews re. meteor fall in Ural (Russia) on 15th Feb. Now I believe armaggedon plausibility is not a fable:stare:

Yep.. it was cool! Armageddon is coming! :eek:

vlad29
02-15-13, 04:25 PM
Only Gap? :oops:

Not only, for You also big thanks as well:yeah: Glad You've also solved Your problem with RAM. Two days I had no access to Inet because of my WiFi Router glitch:/\\!! and got crazy of that:arrgh!:.

gap
02-15-13, 04:37 PM
Why so many missions? one mission would have been enough :yep:

You have done so much testing lately, that I wanted to do your mission as easy as possible :)

I think my English is terrible.. I mean, when/if my watch officer sees contact, then I have no way to test the hydrophone, because I only see the visual contact on the map, not hydrophone..

Ah, okay, you are talking about the detection circles.
I thought you would have waited for the hydroman to report the contact. You can set the mission time to nightime, in order to reduce even more visual detection range :up:

gap
02-15-13, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the fix Gap! If You remember, the problem of hydrophone detection was mostly concerning some of the extra (imported) ships. Is this issue still actual or solved already?

I am particularly happy with this fix, but it wouldn't have been possible without the precious clues provided by whiskey and especially by Volodya.

Now I just hope that this brilliant mod will receive the attention it deserves :up:

THE_MASK
02-15-13, 04:58 PM
Is this mod compatable with Equipment Upgrades Fix by TheBeast ?

gap
02-15-13, 05:02 PM

Definitely yes :yep:

EUF doesn't affect UBoot_Sensors.sim, which is the core file of REM :03:

vlad29
02-15-13, 05:03 PM

Yes It is compatible:yep:

Edit: Gap was faster - I'm a looser

volodya61
02-15-13, 05:26 PM
Ah, okay, you are talking about the detection circles.
I thought you would have waited for the hydroman to report the contact. You can set the mission time to nightime, in order to reduce even more visual detection range :up:

You misunderstood me again..
When/if my watch officer sees contact then I don't get report from Benno, only from WO - "ship sighted"..
But okay I will set the night time if any problems will occur..

BTW what do you mean - 'detection circles'?
EDIT: never mind.. I have already recalled what is it

gap
02-15-13, 05:27 PM
f You remember, the problem of hydrophone detection was mostly concerning some of the extra (imported) ships. Is this issue still actual or solved already?

I don't know anything about it. What is the matter with imported ships and hydrophone?

Yep.. it was cool! Armageddon is coming! :eek:

Yes, I have heard that thousand of people were armed in Urals during the meteor storm :-?

THE_MASK
02-15-13, 05:29 PM
Do the hydrophones work on the surface with this mod ?

volodya61
02-15-13, 05:33 PM
Yes, I have heard that thousand of people were armed in Urals during the meteor storm :-?

I have heard also that we are waiting his big brother this night.. :timeout:

gap
02-15-13, 05:49 PM
Do the hydrophones work on the surface with this mod ?

KDB no; GHG and Balkon yes, but making them deaf on surface is a simple tweak. You can do it yourself, or if you prefer I can upload a no hydrophone on surface version of it :up:

I have heard also that we are waiting his big brother this night.. :timeout:

:o

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pSLu3dRUbdE/Tb8ofBavEHI/AAAAAAAAAQg/5JEGrd5WcS4/s1600/big_brother.jpg

THE_MASK
02-15-13, 05:55 PM
KDB no; GHG and Balkon yes, but making them deaf on surface is a simple tweak. You can do it yourself, or if you prefer I can upload a no hydrophone on surface version of it :up:

If you could upload no hydrophone on surface to the download section of subsim that would be great . I have to make everything easy for noobs to download re the sobers mega mod list . cheers .
So my mod list re R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
would be

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Eqp_Upgrades_fix_v1.4 dates by sober Patch V2
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2(no hydrophone on surface)
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0

volodya61
02-15-13, 05:58 PM

Not this Big Brother.. :har:

Rather of the movie IIRC Deep Impact :yep:

gap
02-15-13, 06:20 PM
If you could upload no hydrophone on surface to the download section of subsim that would be great . I have to make everything easy for noobs to download re the sobers mega mod list . cheers .

I see. I can create the patch and upload it on my mediafire account. Being an unofficial patch, I prefer not to upload it on subsim. :03:

So my mod list re R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
would be

Eqp_Upgrades_fix_v1.4 dates by sober Patch V2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2(no hydrophone on surface)

looks okay, except for the fact that you are using #Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix without the patch_1 itself.

As I have noted a while ago in your megamod thread, the hotfix requires the patch for being compatible with EUF base mod. I have verified it by looking at their respective settings.

With your current mod list, weird things could happen. Among the others with the hinged snorkel. ;)

If you decide to follow my suggestion, you should also update your equipment dates patch, matching its UpgradesPacks.upc with the one of patch_1 :yep:

gap
02-15-13, 06:22 PM
Not this Big Brother.. :har:

Rather of the movie IIRC Deep Impact :yep:

I am a bit démodé :03: :D

THE_MASK
02-15-13, 06:26 PM
Ok , i am downloading the patch and will patch the dates with the patch to make a new dates patch . Got it .

Mikemike47
02-15-13, 06:30 PM
I have been watching this thread for at least a few days. Great teamwork to update this mod, gap, whiskey111 and volodya61.

What is the latest with Xundrel and TheBeast? Thank you, too.

THE_MASK
02-15-13, 06:41 PM
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date)

gap
02-15-13, 06:50 PM
Ok , i am downloading the patch and will patch the dates with the patch to make a new dates patch . Got it .

good tongue-twister :up:

by the way:

R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible (http://www.mediafire.com/?c52qo9gmzvtfc3v)

I took the minimum hydrophone depth from the other no hydrophone on surface patch.

Test it before updating your modlist thread. I hope I didn't make any blunder, but this routine work kills me... :doh:

I have been watching this thread for at least a few days. Great teamwork to update this mod, gap, whiskey111 and volodya61.

yes, teamwork is the key to success :up:

What is the latest with Xundrel and TheBeast? Thank you, too.

XRundel is no longer active since a long while now. As for TheBeast, IIRC he said that he would have been off for some months, but he will be back on spring :)

gap
02-15-13, 06:54 PM
Should be okay with this little addition: :up:

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date)
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible

P.S: Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0 is unrelated with the rest: it only affects the eqp files of some destroyers ;)

THE_MASK
02-15-13, 07:29 PM
Any way to make the schnorkel available only after 1943 ?

gap
02-15-13, 07:44 PM
Any way to make the schnorkel available only after 1943 ?

yes indeed, you need to set the correct dates in UpgradePacks.upc, e.g:

[UpgradePack 32]
ID= UpackUb7ASnorkle
NameDisplayable=Type-VIIA Hinged Snorkle
Info= Need Info
Notes= Need Notes
FunctionalType= UpFTypeWeaponCannon
UpgradePackSlotType= UboatType7aSnorkle
ImageIndex=53
Type=NULL
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 0
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=1943-01-01, NULL, 2000
IDLinkUpgradePackElements= HingedSnorkle7A
TrackingID=403

Repeat your favourite setting for all the available snorkels (UpgradePack 32 to 35).

A few weeks ago I had started adjusting availability dates and balancing renown costs based on historical equipments usage, but then I got busy with other stuff. I will keep you informed on any further development :up:

THE_MASK
02-15-13, 08:58 PM
My mod list is all fixed as far as i can tell
added REM
added the no hydro patch for REM
fixed the patch by dates for EUF

volodya61
02-16-13, 06:50 AM
yes indeed, you need to set the correct dates in UpgradePacks.upc...

Unfortunately, this is only true for Hinged Snorkel by TheBeast.. Telescopic Snorkel by TheDarkWraith is available always.. :shifty:

Trevally.
02-16-13, 06:57 AM
Unfortunately, this is only true for Hinged Snorkel by TheBeast.. Telescopic Snorkel by TheDarkWraith is available always.. :shifty:

yes, but can be set by boat type
so only give it to a C41:hmmm:

volodya61
02-16-13, 07:10 AM
yes, but can be set by boat type
so only give it to a C41:hmmm:

in any event we can enable it for any type of boat :shifty:
I will try to play around uboat.sns files.. if the TDW's snorkel is still tied to it :hmmm:

volodya61
02-16-13, 09:24 AM
..I will try to play around uboat.sns files.. if the TDW's snorkel is still tied to it :hmmm:

Yep.. it's working!
I had enable all the TDW's snorkels using OptionsFileEditorViewer

http://s19.postimage.org/canzs5ddv/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

but only for type 7C/41 TDW's snorkel was available..

http://s19.postimage.org/9hus84d1b/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/9hus84d1b/)

If someone needs my EUF - NewUIs fix where TDW's Snorkel is available from 01.03.43 (also some other changes in .sns files), please PM me or ask in this thread..

@Gap

Now will test hydrophone changes..

I just thought, the last time when you attach this red button and I pushed it the meteorite has fallen in Ural.. :hmmm:

gap
02-16-13, 10:09 AM
Yep.. it's working!
I had enable all the TDW's snorkels using OptionsFileEditorViewer

but only for type 7C/41 TDW's snorkel was available..

@Sober

Here is my EUF - NewUIs fix where TDW's Snorkel is available from 01.03.43 (also some other changes in .sns files) - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1r2zdl1l4tpx9mw

:yeah:

@Gap

Now will test hydrophone changes..

Good! :up:

I just thought, the last time when you attach this red button and I pushed it the meteorite has fallen in Ural.. :hmmm:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KBRiQuRcYAQ/SwlaRSfYGnI/AAAAAAAAAm0/BFMbapGeMW4/s1600/mayan-calendar.png

=================================================
| Argh... Mayan calendar disappointed me, but this time I won't fail!!! |
===||=============================================

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/visualpharm/green-emo/64/devil-icon.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4NqOuerOZVI/S9p6wo3HOvI/AAAAAAAAADE/Jd2UnmB1jWo/s1600/launch-button-thumb8587957.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1QPtOZQZU)

volodya61
02-16-13, 10:26 AM
=================================================
| Argh... Mayan calendar disappointed me, but this time I won't fail!!! |
===||=============================================
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4NqOuerOZVI/S9p6wo3HOvI/AAAAAAAAADE/Jd2UnmB1jWo/s1600/launch-button-thumb8587957.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1QPtOZQZU)

Well.. I pushed this "LAUNCH" button.. but what had I launched? :06:

Will wait...... :)

Trevally.
02-16-13, 11:38 AM
:hmmm: looks more like an Aztec sun stone:O:

Trevally.
02-16-13, 11:48 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4NqOuerOZVI/S9p6wo3HOvI/AAAAAAAAADE/Jd2UnmB1jWo/s1600/launch-button-thumb8587957.jpg (http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=9644)

gap
02-16-13, 12:06 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4NqOuerOZVI/S9p6wo3HOvI/AAAAAAAAADE/Jd2UnmB1jWo/s1600/launch-button-thumb8587957.jpg (http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=9644)

:k_rofl:

gap
02-16-13, 12:19 PM
:hmmm: looks more like an Aztec sun stone:O:

Infact it is well documented that Mayan calendars were little more than Aztec sun stones, and similar in many respects to modern day's big burgers:

http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20060528/f33a3f28-5cbe-4b99-9e98-c97674ced9d8.jpg

The only known difference is that McDonald's provided its products with a longer expiry date :yep:

volodya61
02-16-13, 12:19 PM
Trevally :timeout: you stole a quarter an hour of my life with your button
:har:

Gap, I will report a bit later.. some interesting things happens with new hydrophone settings :D

vlad29
02-16-13, 01:13 PM
Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?49a968olnd4l594

With the appearance of new fix this one is not actual anymore, isn't it?:ping:

gap
02-16-13, 01:34 PM
Gap, I will report a bit later.. some interesting things happens with new hydrophone settings :D

WHAT things?!

With the appearance of new fix this one is not actual anymore, isn't it?:ping:

yes, the final fixes are to be found here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2010192&postcount=130

and here (no hydrophone on surface version, only for NewUIs/IRAI users):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2010371&postcount=153

vlad29
02-16-13, 01:57 PM
:
yes, the final fixes are to be found here:

and here (no hydrophone on surface version, only for NewUIs/IRAI users):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2010371&postcount=153

Thanks the GapVol team! :yeah: Those fixes overwrites each other, is there any order of their using!

gap
02-16-13, 02:15 PM
Thanks the GapVol team! :yeah: Those fixes overwrites each other, is there any order of their using!

Enable just one of them:

R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix if you are not using New UIs
R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) if you are using New UIs

R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible is "unofficial". I made it on Sober request. It is a mix of R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) with no hydrophone on surface settings.

You can use it if you prefer, but I haven't done a "no-TDW" version yet, so you need to enable it on top of New UI's (and R.E.M, indeed)

vlad29
02-16-13, 02:30 PM
Enable just one of them:

R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix if you are not using New UIs
R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) if you are using New UIs

R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible is "unofficial". I made it on Sober request. It is a mix of R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) with no hydrophone on surface settings.

You can use it if you prefer, but I haven't done a "no-TDW" version yet, so you need to enable it on top of New UI's (and R.E.M, indeed)

Grate, all clear now:yeah:
I think this information and DLlinks should be placed at first page in this thread, otherwise later You'll have to answer many questions silly like mine one:yep:

Mikemike47
02-16-13, 02:53 PM
:yeah:
I think this information and DLlinks should be placed at first page in this thread, otherwise later You'll have to answer many questions silly like mine one:yep:

Agreed. Ditto. Fixed similar issues with JSGME.

PM Neal Stevens to get the links to the 1st post if desired by all.

gap
02-16-13, 03:22 PM
Grate, all clear now:yeah:

Agreed. Ditto. Fixed similar issues with JSGME.

PM Neal Stevens to get the links to the 1st post if desired by all.

Before editing the first page I think we should at least PM TheBeast :yep:

volodya61
02-16-13, 04:37 PM
WHAT things?!

Nothing.. just glitch..

Well..

5th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=4,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
SweepPeriod=44
ProbInsideArc=0,77

3,700 | 3,900 | 3,900 | 3,900 | 3,850 | 3,850 | 3,900 | 3,650 | 3,900 | 3,900

4th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=14,000
MinSesorHeight=-56
MaxSesorHeight=-8
SweepPeriod=35
ProbInsideArc=0,85

13,700 | 13,800 | 13,800

3rd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=28,000
MinSesorHeight=-80
MaxSesorHeight=-32
SweepPeriod=31
ProbInsideArc=0,89

27,900 | 28,000 | 28,000

2nd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=39,200
MinSesorHeight=-104
MaxSesorHeight=-56
SweepPeriod=29
ProbInsideArc=0,92

34,800 | 35,000 | 34,900

1st SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=45,500
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-80
SweepPeriod=28
ProbInsideArc=0,93

I don't see sense to test it, because I told you that the world's limit is about 40 km.. :yep:

Bad news:

Now the targets are human audible at any depth and.. at any range up to the world's limit.. :nope: even when I don't hear the target (at a distance of 30 km), I see it in the AI-operator's book (in the top left corner) as Unknown..

My glitch.. AI-operator does not heard the signal and right in front of me, at a distance 100m, appeared the ship from the fog.. :o

http://s19.postimage.org/rr65g67en/SH5_Img_2013_02_16_22_51_07.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/rr65g67en/) . http://s19.postimage.org/cwhk1zxtr/SH5_Img_2013_02_16_22_51_38.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/cwhk1zxtr/) . http://s19.postimage.org/unt6ggd8f/SH5_Img_2013_02_16_22_52_09.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/unt6ggd8f/)

EDIT: forgot to say, in the second mission (-10m) avatar appears on the bridge and under water

volodya61
02-16-13, 04:54 PM
My proposals:

1st SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=45,000 or 55,000 or 100,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-78
SweepPeriod=30
ProbInsideArc=0,95

2nd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=30,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-28
SweepPeriod=35
ProbInsideArc=0,85

3rd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=15,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-8
SweepPeriod=40
ProbInsideArc=0,75

4th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=5,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
SweepPeriod=60
ProbInsideArc=0,50

gap
02-16-13, 05:15 PM
1st SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=45,500
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-80
SweepPeriod=28
ProbInsideArc=0,93

I don't see sense to test it, because I told you that the world's limit is about 40 km.. :yep:

You told me that once you were able to hear a target at a range of 55,000 km :hmmm:

Bad news:

Now the targets are human audible at any depth and.. at any range up to the world's limit.. :nope: even when I don't hear the target (at a distance of 30 km), I see it in the AI-operator's book (in the top left corner) as Unknown..

Isn't the the same in stock game, or with our R.E.M. fix?
I don't see anything in these new settings that could cause the proble you are describing, but I will nonetheless investigate.

My glitch.. AI-operator does not heard the signal and right in front of me, at a distance 100m, appeared the ship from the fog.. :o

:haha:

dreadful screenies :up:

EDIT: forgot to say, in the second mission (-10m) avatar appears on the bridge and under water

Really? :o

gap
02-16-13, 05:33 PM
My proposals:

1st SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=45,000 or 55,000 or 100,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-78
SweepPeriod=30
ProbInsideArc=0,95

2nd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=30,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-28
SweepPeriod=35
ProbInsideArc=0,85

3rd SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=15,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-8
SweepPeriod=40
ProbInsideArc=0,75

4th SensorData:
PreciseRange=0
Max Range=5,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
SweepPeriod=60
ProbInsideArc=0,50

wait, I will create a configurable spreadsheet for calculating smooth range curves.

P.S: was the hydro-operator sweep speed slower at low depth and progressively increasing at higher depths?

P.S2: I start thinking that overlapping SensorData are working at the same time, so giving extra high detections at higher depths. This could be related with the problem you have reported.
Maybe we should decrease accordingly ProbInsideArc settings... what do you think? :hmm2:

volodya61
02-16-13, 05:36 PM
You told me that once you were able to hear a target at a range of 55,000 km :hmmm:

Yes, but I immediately explained why it happened..
when the first unit of the convoy is entering into the sensors area (40 km) then Benno can hear whole convoy.. that's why he could heard in range 55 km..
It was wolfpack and the closest boat already been in the "world's limit" circle (40km)

Isn't the the same in stock game, or with our R.E.M. fix?

Perhaps this is a stock bug.. I didn't check it..

Really? :o

:yep:

gap
02-16-13, 05:43 PM
Yes, but I immediately explained why it happened..

It was wolfpack and the closest boat already been in the "world's limit" circle (40km)

Ah okay, I had overlooked this detail :up:

Perhaps this is a stock bug.. I didn't check it..

Worth checking it, before we start racking our brains on it! :O:

volodya61
02-16-13, 05:47 PM
wait, I will create a configurable spreadsheet for calculating smooth range curves.

OK.. will wait..

P.S: was the hydro-operator sweep speed slower at low depth and progressively increasing at higher depths?

at a distance of 7-8 km to the target doesn't matter sweep speed.. I mean 30s or 45s.. this is not a dogfight.. just the operator hears the target for 200-300 meters later..

Maybe we should decrease accordingly ProbInsideArc settings... what do you think? :hmm2:

I think it's possible..

THE_MASK
02-16-13, 05:49 PM
How does the hydro follow target options in TDW options editor affect things ? I dont know what any of it does !

Trevally.
02-16-13, 05:50 PM

:Kaleun_Salivating:

:D

volodya61
02-16-13, 05:52 PM
Worth checking it, before we start racking our brains on it! :O:

But how? :D
full stock and your missions? I hate stock :timeout:

Okay.. I will check it later.. not now :)

gap
02-16-13, 05:59 PM
at a distance of 7-8 km to the target doesn't matter sweep speed.. I mean 30s or 45s.. this is not a dogfight.. just the operator hears the target for 200-300 meters later..

Yes, in this case it is more a visual feature than anything else. Nonetheless keeping an eye on sweep speeds during testings, can be a quick method for spotting at the first glance which settings are being applied. Moreover this setting is of greater importance for radars and radar warning receivers, that we should take care of as well ;)

gap
02-16-13, 06:01 PM

no need to test it in stock game. Doing it with NewUIs/IRAI settings would be enough, I think :up:

gap
02-16-13, 06:06 PM
How does the hydro follow target options in TDW options editor affect things ? I dont know what any of it does !

Sober, you can use this command for following a specific target, instead of the nearest target. There are two selection methods: follow the current scope target (target must be locked), and follow the target closer to the current hydrophone bearing :yep:

P.S: IIRC correctly, intervals (in degrees or in seconds) between two consecutive bearing logs are configurable, and you cal also set the angular range from current hydrophone bearing, within which the operator will look for a close target when requested to. There are probably other options that I don't remember right now. What option don't you understand exactly?

:Kaleun_Salivating:

http://mydealflow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/i-love-excel.png :D

volodya61
02-16-13, 07:04 PM

I have checked it.. in full stock game.. :D
unfortunately it's one more stock bug..

PS: just now noticed where you placed the mission.. is this for me? not far from home? :har:

gap
02-16-13, 07:12 PM
I have checked it.. in full stock game.. :D
unfortunately it's one more stock bug..

I suspected it. :-?

It explains why so many players complained about the dumb operator... not only Benno was dumb before TDW patch: we got bionic ears :yep:

Bad news, but great Volodya :up:

PS: just now noticed where you placed the mission.. is this for me? not far from home? :har:

at last you have spotted it :haha:

I wanted to place it in Azov Sea, but then I realized that I din't have enough space and depth for long range contacts...

volodya61
02-16-13, 07:24 PM
at last you have spotted it :haha:

I wanted to place it in Azov Sea, but then I realized that I din't have enough space and depth for long range contacts...

IIRC the maximum depth of Azov Sea is 37 meters in the middle of the fairway.. the fairway is not natural.. was made/digged.. :D

gap
02-16-13, 07:29 PM
IIRC the maximum depth of Azov Sea is 37 meters in the middle of the fairway.. the fairway is not natural.. was made/digged.. :D

That shallow? :huh:

It has to be an especially warm sea then...

volodya61
02-16-13, 08:16 PM
I was wrong.. was greatly mistaken.. :haha:
Max depth - 15 meters :)

warm? not quite.. many cold sources and springs..

volodya61
02-17-13, 11:29 AM
I had modified all my hydrophones this way:

GHG and Balcon Gerat

1st SensorData:
Max Range=40,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-80
SweepArc=8
SweepPeriod=60
ProbInsideArc=1

2nd SensorData:
Max Range=30,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-30
SweepArc=12
SweepPeriod=90
ProbInsideArc=0,85

3rd SensorData:
Max Range=15,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-10
SweepArc=16
SweepPeriod=120
ProbInsideArc=0,70

4th SensorData:
Max Range=5,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-2
SweepArc=16
SweepPeriod=150
ProbInsideArc=0,30

KDB

1st SensorData:
Max Range=40,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-73
SweepArc=8
SweepPeriod=60
ProbInsideArc=1

2nd SensorData:
Max Range=30,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-23
SweepArc=12
SweepPeriod=90
ProbInsideArc=0,85

3rd SensorData:
Max Range=15,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=-3
SweepArc=16
SweepPeriod=120
ProbInsideArc=0,70

4th SensorData:
Max Range=5,000
MinSesorHeight=-500
MaxSesorHeight=0
SweepArc=16
SweepPeriod=150
ProbInsideArc=0,30

gap
02-17-13, 01:13 PM
Hi Volodya,

I didn't get time yet to work on the spreadsheet I told you yesterday. Nonetheless, the Max Range figures you are proposing seem to me a bit exagerated, especially for the KDB hydrophone.

In any case, I woudn't exceed 40,000 m for the deeper range, for 2 reasons:

- due to the world limit issue, bigger values wouldn't have any other effect than making the signal stronger at long ranges, but the same can be achieved by using the PreciseRange parameter.

- I suspect that the figure of 100 km reported by some sources as maximum range against convoys, if we got to rely on it, is relative to exceptionally good conditions. On the other hand, the Admiralty report I mentioned a few days ago (cumulative edition) refers maximum ranges of 10 nm for single contacts and 20 nm for convoys in very good conditions, i.e 18.5-37 km. It is also said that these ranges were halved by bad weather and other adverse conditions.

All in all, 40 km or a bit lesser for GHG and Balkon, and sensibly lesser for the KDB (which had shorter range) seem a generous estimate to me.

Moreover, I would try decreasing the SweepArc and ProbInsideArc settings.
If my hazarded guess is correct, this would result in many more detecting arcs, each with a decresed detection probability, thus making it easier for Benno to detect convoys (covering more that one arc) than single ships :hmmm:

volodya61
02-17-13, 01:48 PM
On the other hand, the Admiralty report I mentioned a few days ago (cumulative edition) refers maximum ranges of 10 nm for single contacts and 20 nm for convoys in very good conditions, i.e 18.5-37 km.

We already have these ranges in game.. :hmmm:

Okay.. look now at my previous post..

gap
02-17-13, 02:16 PM
We already have these ranges in game.. :hmmm:

Okay.. look now at my previous post..

The graph of you last settings ;)

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1307/volodyasettings.jpg

volodya61
02-17-13, 02:43 PM
The graph of you last settings ;)

:hmmm: so? is it good or bad or..?

gap
02-17-13, 03:28 PM
:hmmm: so? is it good or bad or..?

I have a few ideas in mind, but explainning them right now would take long.

For a start I would increase MaxRange settings by a constant number, and play with MaxSesorHeight's settings for creating a parabolic curve.

Wait for my spreadsheet. I can assure you that it will make things a lot easier. Unfortunately I couldn't work on it yet, as I am still trying to resize trees in GR2 Editor and to release the nex update of DynEnv. But as soon as I finish with them I will happily resume my cooperation with you.

You should know that your projects are high in my priority list :03: :salute:

P.S: I think we are hijacking this thread :D

volodya61
02-17-13, 04:03 PM
Wait for my spreadsheet. I can assure you that it will make things a lot easier.

I'm back to my guns.. so far.. :D

P.S: I think we are hijacking this thread :D

When we arrived there were three and a half pages in this thread.. :03:

gap
02-17-13, 04:11 PM
I'm back to my guns.. so far.. :D

Okay, I will join you in a few... ;) :up:

When we arrived there were three and a half pages in this thread.. :03:

We are veritable thread boosters :smug: :-j

gap
02-17-13, 06:07 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2011479&postcount=94

;)

volodya61
02-17-13, 06:16 PM
all men are brothers, all have to help each other. :up:

gap
02-17-13, 06:17 PM
all men are brothers, all have to help each other. :up:

:yep:

Rubini
02-17-13, 10:37 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks by the tip gap! Thanks also by your efforts volodya61!

I just finished to read all posts here from page 6 to the end.
If I understood well your approach to fix the hydrophone being deaf for the player in some layers was adjusting a bit their maxrange and some others entries on the sensors file hydro nodes, with some logical.

When i adapted the mod for Sh3 I didnīt noticed this problem at first , later some users call my attention to the problem. I then noticed that this problem was present also on itīs "original" sh5 version. Tried to found a solution, but no dice. For me was clear that this was one more Sh3/SH4/SH5 engine limitation.

Now, good to know that you have a found solution! I will try it on SH3 and will post later my results!

Thanks to share, this is why SH community goes ahead and itīs here from so much years!:up:

Rubini
02-18-13, 12:38 AM
Ok, first quick test done:

it works also on SH3! Great find guys!:yeah:

Some comments and limitations:

1. The solution is related to make the first sensor the more long one (more distance sensible, currently the more deep). In this original mod and also on my version for Sh3 the sequence was just the inverse: first the short one, last the long one.

2.With this correction the mod continues to work on Ai/sonarman crew side correctly...but

3. At player (human) side, besides the fact that now we have again a really working hydro station as before (I mean, we have again ambience and propelers sound there all the time), it have the flaw of working all the time, for any distance (from max 30km from almost 0km), independentely of the hydro layer.

Conclusion: isnīt a perfect solution because the player will listen too much, independently of the hydro layer or uboat depth, but the AI/sonarman will works correctly, as the mod intention. Probably by game engine limitation, we will never have a perfect solution, but the mod is much better now!!(well, "never" canīt be used on SH3/4/5 mod community, we already fix a lot of unfixable things, no?):up:

gap
02-18-13, 07:19 AM
Hi Rubini,

I am glad that, despite its limitations, the fix also worked for you. :up:
your conclusions are correct:

- only the last SensorData controller of each hydrophone (the one with the bigger Index Id) is used for human audible contacts: its Min and Max SensorHeights must cover the whole depth range at which we want contacts to be audible by the player;

- unfortunately human audible contacts are not affected by MaxRange settings: as noted by you, they are audible at any range. This is a limitation (or rather an unlimitation :D) relative to SH5 and probaly to SHIII stock games. Introducing layers with limited hydrophone detection, the present mod and your one for SHIII only make the problem more obvious.

Rubini
02-18-13, 11:28 AM
Hi gap,

Today i made por deep tests and it really works in all of them!!:salute:

- only the last SensorData controller of each hydrophone (the one with the bigger Index Id) is used for human audible contacts: its Min and Max SensorHeights must cover the whole depth range at which we want contacts to be audible by the player;

In my tests it worked even with lower ID numbers than others layers. The unique thing that change the mod behaviour is making the first layer the one that have the major distance detection, just this. (not related to id number, but itīs positions on the file, i mean, making it the first node between the layers). Perhaps we have some difference between Sh3/Sh5 here?

Thanks again by your effort, it really solved the problem and this is now a very complete mod!:up:

gap
02-18-13, 12:09 PM
Today i made por deep tests and it really works in all of them!!:salute:

Excellent news :yeah:

In my tests it worked even with lower ID numbers than others layers. The unique thing that change the mod behaviour is making the first layer the one that have the major distance detection, just this. (not related to id number, but itīs positions on the file, i mean, making it the first node between the layers). Perhaps we have some difference between Sh3/Sh5 here?
Thanks again by your effort, it really solved the problem and this is now a very complete mod!:up:

No, I didn't mean unique Id numbers, but Index numbers (the ones which determine the position of a node/controller within the file). During my and Volodya's test, the controller with the highest number among the ones assigned to each hydrophone (in other words, the last one listed in s3d's tree) controls contact's audibility :yep:

Have you noticed anything different during your tests?

Rongel
02-20-13, 01:07 PM
Hey-a!

So what is the situation with this new hydro-fix? I know that Xrundel and TheBeast have been absent for some time, but it would be nice to get this mod out in a proper way, with description of it's effects and installation notes etc. Your hard work needs some publicity!

Maybe a new thread then if it's impossible to get the fix to the front page. Don't want this to get lost in the depths of the forum...

gap
02-20-13, 01:57 PM
Hey-a!

So what is the situation with this new hydro-fix? I know that Xrundel and TheBeast have been absent for some time, but it would be nice to get this mod out in a proper way, with description of it's effects and installation notes etc. Your hard work needs some publicity!

Maybe a new thread then if it's impossible to get the fix to the front page. Don't want this to get lost in the depths of the forum...

Hi Rongel,
have you tested the fix?

I agree with you that this mod would deserve better attenction. Maybe we can PM TheBeast and ask him to start a new thread for it, as XRundel has not been active in a long time :06:

Rongel
02-20-13, 02:53 PM
No, sorry! Been waiting for "official" version... But when I have time I could dive through the posts and try to find the download link. Please PM TheBeast and if nothing happens maybe a new thread with your fix?

Rubini
02-20-13, 03:09 PM
Hey-a!

Yes, i agree, an essential fix, must be relesed on itīs own thread as a fix for this mod. In Sh3 mod forum i already made it!

@gap: no, i havenīt noted any news on the matter. At Sh3 forum i already updated the mod with this fix, also with the proper credits and i added some explanations of the stock sh3 engine limitations on the hydro station that must be almost the same for the sh5. Take a look on the first page on the sh3 thread.:up:

volodya61
02-20-13, 03:23 PM
...maybe a new thread with your fix?

I think we haven't finished our work yet :yep:
Gap?

gap
02-20-13, 05:00 PM
Yes, i agree, an essential fix, must be relesed on itīs own thread as a fix for this mod. In Sh3 mod forum i already made it!

@gap: no, i havenīt noted any news on the matter. At Sh3 forum i already updated the mod with this fix, also with the proper credits and i added some explanations of the stock sh3 engine limitations on the hydro station that must be almost the same for the sh5. Take a look on the first page on the sh3 thread.:up:

Thank you for the incouragement Rubini. :sunny:
Please read below for an answer to your suggestions.

No, sorry! Been waiting for "official" version... But when I have time I could dive through the posts and try to find the download link. Please PM TheBeast and if nothing happens maybe a new thread with your fix?

You don't need to say sorry, mate :)

Links to the current fixes are to be found in this post (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2010736&postcount=170). As you are indirectly asking if they are "official", I will answer "yes" and "no":

yes in as much as our initial purpose was to fix a specific aspect of this mod, and the mission was hopefully accomplished at the best that SH5 can allow.

no, because TheBeast and XRundel, owners of this mod, are probably still unaware of our work and, without their consent, I feel a bit reluctant to add any new feature/improvement which may "distort" the meaning of the mod.

I think we haven't finished our work yet :yep:
Gap?

well Volodya, I got many ideas :up: but...

following the reasoning I have started before, I think that before taking any further step with R.E.M, be to continue it or to create a new mod based on the brilliant premises established by it, we should at least ask for TheBeast's permission. What do you think?

Fifi
02-27-13, 08:40 PM
It seems that GHG stock hydro isn't working correctly on surface :-?

Looking in Multiples UIs thread by TDW, it seems a sensor.sim file is required for REM to work properly with NewUIs TDC and FX Update...but link is down :06:

gap
02-28-13, 11:01 AM
It seems that GHG stock hydro isn't working correctly on surface :-?

Hi Fifi, provide the following information please:

- your current mod list

- what is currently happening with the GHG on surface, which you think is wrong?

- how would you rather like the GHG to work?

Fifi
02-28-13, 03:59 PM
Hi Gap,
Testing a new list and with first time REM inside:

Accurate German Flags
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
SteelViking-HotSoup-WaterDrips
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (temperate and polar) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1_opt
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.1 - SkyColor-MurkyWaters Hotfix #1
Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.1 - Winter Hotfix #1
sobers water splash anim SH5
sobers base sky mechanics V1
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V8 by sober
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
IRAI_0_0_39_Patch_ByTheDarkWraith
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (U-96 BLACK) v-1.1.0
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
OHII v2 Mission Fix WA
OH II Minefield map for TDWs Ui
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
sobers NO water drops V1
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b
MadMaxs_SH5_Subdiesel (mono) v2
Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith
sobers hud sounds V1 SH5
sobers no footstep sound mod
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
Warfox deck crew always whispering SH5 German Version
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
Shadow Improvement Mod
sobers bad weather deck gun V5 SH5
TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0
TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0
TDW_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Color_1_1_0
TDW_No_Color_Dashed_Contact_Line_1_1_0
TDW_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols_1_1_0
Torpedo Splash
No Ship Reflections incl EFS 1.2
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (normal)
MyKey
TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_74_0

Without REM, with GHG i can get hydro contacts on surface.
With REM, my GHG can't detect contact on surface...(flat sea, leaving Kiel)
GHG is supposed to hear contact on surface or not? :06:

(all this because i think some German hydrophones were historicaly able to hear on surface, and because i don't want to miss any contact :D)

I love the REM concept, but if i can't get surface contact with accurate hydro, i think i'll leave it for the moment.
On first post, it says GHG surfaced = 17000M...

gap
02-28-13, 04:30 PM
Try this fix (enable the TDW compatible version after REM, New UI's and IRAI): :up:

IIRC, using this patch GHG and Balkon Gerat should work on surface. If not, I will tell you what settings you need to edit in order to make them to work as you want :up:

Fifi
02-28-13, 05:07 PM
Ohh...many thanks!

I'll activate this TDW compatible at the end of list, without changing REM place, is it right? :oops:

Edit: sorry realised i will activate it just after REM in my list! lol

gap
02-28-13, 05:12 PM
Ohh...many thanks!

I'll activate this TDW compatible at the end of list, without changing REM place, is it right? :oops:

Edit: sorry realised i will activate it just after REM in my list! lol

Both at the end of your mod list or just after REM is okay :up:

Fifi
02-28-13, 06:23 PM
Gap you're a genius!! :Kaleun_Party:

Everything is working fine now, and i will be able to enjoy REM finally :yeah:

Thanks my friend!

gap
02-28-13, 06:58 PM
Gap you're a genius!! :Kaleun_Party:

I would say midway between a genius and a total idiot. :)

Moreover don't forget that the patch I have suggested was developped in collaboration with Volodya, and that we used as base the work done by XRundel and TheBeast :03:

Everything is working fine now, and i will be able to enjoy REM finally :yeah:

Thanks my friend!

glad you got it working according to your tastes :up:

Fifi
02-28-13, 09:17 PM
Moreover don't forget that the patch I have suggested was developped in collaboration with Volodya, and that we used as base the work done by XRundel and TheBeast :03:

Yeah, you guys are all genius! :)
...And special medal for Volodya who helped me more than once!

glad you got it working according to your tastes

Thank you.
I'm very very close now to the SH5 Holy Graal i can think of.
Only few more details to solve to reach my Holy Graal, but it doesn't belong to this thread :D

masterchilum
03-02-13, 10:28 AM
Plz , I cant download the file from gamefront, maybe down

403 - Forbidden

can you give me another link?

thanks btw

volodya61
03-02-13, 11:04 AM
probably your country blocked on gamefront too..
try to use some tool like this - http://www.anonymox.net

volodya61
03-02-13, 11:41 AM
just tried this new add-on.. works perfect, more better than other add-ons with proxy..

BTW, Russia is blocked on gamefront too..

http://s19.postimage.org/fujo3w0sf/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/fujo3w0sf/) . http://s19.postimage.org/uf0qypvr3/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/uf0qypvr3/)

Fifi
03-04-13, 11:41 PM
Try this fix (enable the TDW compatible version after REM, New UI's and IRAI): :up:

IIRC, using this patch GHG and Balkon Gerat should work on surface. If not, I will tell you what settings you need to edit in order to make them to work as you want :up:

Ok, Gap... :nope:...still in trouble with REM and hydrophone on surface.
Thought it was fixed, but spoke too fast.

If your offer still up to date (and if you have time) i'll try to edit what you'll tell me to make it work exactely like stock GHG.
In fact, i would like REM features, but not those messing my hydro :haha:
See below, out of Kiel i can get plenty contacts (dashed line) when surfaced. But not with REM, only when i sit at the hydro station.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/477132hydrolines.jpg

gap
03-05-13, 06:51 PM
Fifi, have you enabled the R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) after New UI's, IRAI and R.E.M. main mod?

I had a look to the fix, and it got the same MinSensorHeight setting as stock game and New UI's/IRAI. Moreover, before releasing it, Volodya had tested it extensively and didn't notice any discrepancy from expected detection ranges and depths. :hmmm:

Having reduced detection range at shallow depths is normal with this mod, but your hydroman should still be able to detect close contact on surface, especially if you enabled TDW's hydrophone patch, and your crew got some experience points :yep:

Fifi
03-05-13, 09:52 PM
Yes, even with hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) it's not working correctely on surface. No contacts lines :nope:

When i sit at the hydro station, i can hear contacts and they are not displaying on maps, and hydro guy says there are no contacts!

I tried again with clean install, and generic patcher, without success.
With REM deactivated, all is fine though!

THE_MASK
03-05-13, 09:58 PM
Unenable real navigation .

Fifi
03-05-13, 10:08 PM
Unenable real navigation .

Not yet, not yet...takes too much time to play this way.

Gap, i'm sure something is corrupting REM in my test list:

[C:\2eme install\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Accurate German Flags
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
SteelViking-HotSoup-WaterDrips
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (temperate and polar) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1_opt
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.1 - SkyColor-MurkyWaters Hotfix #1
Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.1 - Winter Hotfix #1
sobers water splash anim SH5
sobers base sky mechanics V1
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
IRAI_0_0_39_Patch_ByTheDarkWraith
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.1.0
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
OHII v2 Mission Fix WA
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
sobers NO water drops V1
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b
MadMaxs_SH5_Subdiesel (mono) v2
Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith
sobers hud sounds V1 SH5
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
Warfox deck crew always whispering SH5 German Version
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
Shadow Improvement Mod
sobers bad weather deck gun V5 SH5
No Ship Reflections incl EFS 1.2
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (normal)
TDW Round Fire Button v3 by Torpedo
KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck_revised_by_TheDarkWraith
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0
TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0
TDW_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Color_1_1_0
TDW_No_Color_Dashed_Contact_Line_1_1_0
TDW_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols_1_1_0
AST_SH5_v2
TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
Old Style Explosions V1.1
Old Style Explosions Baza_FX (DynEnv compatible)
REM by Xrundel and TheBeast
REM hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible)
MyKey

Was testing this list because i deleted FX Update for old style explosions + AST SH5 V2 + TDW ship inertia...i like result so far :yep: (well except the REM issue!)

Fifi
03-06-13, 02:24 AM
Found the culprit!
It's the IRAI in my list :yep:

When i put both REM before IRAI ---> i have contact lines, but no more round loop antenna retractable...
When i put both REM after IRAI ----> i have no contact lines anymore, but round loop antenna retractable...
When i delete IRAI ----> everything works as i want... but no more IRAI :wah:
(and noway for me to play without it!)

volodya61
03-06-13, 07:51 AM
Found the culprit!
It's the IRAI in my list :yep:

When i put both REM before IRAI ---> i have contact lines, but no more round loop antenna retractable...
When i put both REM after IRAI ----> i have no contact lines anymore, but round loop antenna retractable...
When i delete IRAI ----> everything works as i want... but no more IRAI :wah:
(and noway for me to play without it!)

IRAI was enabled during my tests.. everything worked as it should work..

THE_MASK
03-06-13, 08:36 AM
You must start a brand new career for half these mods to work properly .

Fifi
03-06-13, 04:12 PM
You must start a brand new career for half these mods to work properly .

Ok, gonna try again with brand new career and REM placed after FX, new UIs, and IRAI.

Nevertheless, my previous tries were starting in bunker with the very first save of career :o ...but who knows, you may be right (i hope).

Fifi
03-06-13, 05:00 PM
Still no joy Sober :nope: exactely same result with brand new career.

Furthermore, REM is overwriting SteelViking interior mod with this "room" file...and sitting at the hydrostation is a mess now!
Contacts aren't were they should be :o

I'm clueless with this mod among my list.
Gonna try it working with real nav only, if it's supposed to work this way...

Fifi
03-07-13, 01:21 AM
:k_confused:

For some unknown computer reason, i got it working again an other way...

I deleted all my second install, my SH5 install switcher, and back on first install, i installed new REM fresh download + new R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) fresh download, and built up second mep list with both REM.

Tried with PQ17 single mission, everything worked a charm! :doh:

So started a second career with same list, and for some other strange reason, my U Boot doesn't detect ships all the time!...sometimes it works only with warship, sometimes only with merchants, and sometimes nothing detected...

Could it be related to "reworked morale and abilities" or "sobers green crew training V4 SH5" at the start of a career?
(meaning the hydro guy is still a noob?...)
Just saying, because in PQ17 single mission, my sub crew is set on veteran :06:

gap
03-07-13, 11:17 AM
For sure sonarman experience have a direct impact on how far and how well he would detect contacts. This fact, coupled with the reduced shallow depth detection ranges introduced by REM, is probably causing your "problems" at the beginning of the campaign. Surface detection will probably improve as you progress in the campaign, and Benno becomes more skilled.

I ignore if "reworked morale and abilities" or "sobers green crew training V4 SH5" are affecting low ranking sonarman skills, but it is possible.

Fifi
03-07-13, 02:32 PM
Thanks, i'll keep on going like that, and see if it was experience related.
If really so, i can say the interaction of those different mods is just awesome! :)

Fifi
03-08-13, 01:00 AM
Yey! That's just incredible!
REM coupled with RM&A and Sober green Crew Training is in fact the more accurate it could be! :rock:

My hydro guy just needed few missions to handle and learn the hydrophone...
The more he gets points with RM&A and training % with SGCT, the more i can get my surfaced contacts :yeah:

Approaching Scapa Flow, he can almost detect everything now.
But at start, i was really thinking something went wrong with my install :haha:
So sorry to have bothered you once again with my problems.

gap
03-08-13, 10:22 AM
Yey! That's just incredible!
REM coupled with RM&A and Sober green Crew Training is in fact the more accurate it could be! :rock:

My hydro guy just needed few missions to handle and learn the hydrophone...
The more he gets points with RM&A and training % with SGCT, the more i can get my surfaced contacts :yeah:

Approaching Scapa Flow, he can almost detect everything now.
But at start, i was really thinking something went wrong with my install :haha:

:up: :woot:

So sorry to have bothered you once again with my problems.

forget it :03:

finchOU
03-09-13, 02:40 AM
I"m having an issue with my Hydrophone after installing REM (I think). I've seemed to have hit a snag. After starting a 2nd patrol with my MOD list below (installed everything in port) and everything working perfectly ....something has affected my hydrophone. It worked early on the patrol...but now that i'm in my patrol area.... it seems to be broken. I ran across a lone merchant with the hydrophone...but when at periscope depth...I can't hear her...only below 15 meters could I hear her.....later on... I had a "task force" of two fishing boats or tugs in sight ...but I dove to try out my hydrophone. It didnt hear them at all no matter what depth. This was after a couple of days without hearing anything...which usually does not happen in the prime area i'm in.

Some hydrophone behavior I've noticed is that when I have a sound contact, I also have a mirror of that contact "shown" in my baffles. It says Merchant, Unknown, Warship...etc with no associated sound in my baffles. This was true in both situations i mentioned above...but the latter ...I only got the baffles contact...and nothing else. So I noticed for the next day of game time when I dove...sometimes I'd get the same thing.... sound labelled in my baffles ...but no contacts I could hear. Basically..not hearing any ships at all right now.

Things to know: I've used the patcher to fix the hydrophone.... and had no problems until now. Unless you count the Baffles mirror contact...but I think that is normal.

This may or may not be a compatability issue...tho I followed Sobers Mod order...so I don't know. Any thoughts? Corrupt saved game maybe? I'll be off to test some more...see if I can add some more info.

DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.a Ambient Settings - Darker Nights
DynEnv v2.9 - 6. Sleet for Winter Campaigns
DynEnv v2.9 - 8.c Wave Mechanics - Hurricane
sobers best ever fog V20 SH5
SH5 Longer Repairs v.1_Stock
TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_Real_Navigation
IRAI_0_0_37_ByTheDarkWraith
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_New_radio_messages_German
No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Speech fixes and additions (german version)
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos

THE_MASK
03-09-13, 02:58 AM
You probably need to start a new career for things to work properly .

Rongel
03-09-13, 03:21 AM
I had a "task force" of two fishing boats or tugs in sight ...but I dove to try out my hydrophone. It didnt hear them at all no matter what depth. This was after a couple of days without hearing anything...which usually does not happen in the prime area i'm in.

Hi!

Fishing boats and coastal boats are not audible in hydro, their hydro-audio commands have been disabled in their .sim-files, so even the computer sonarman won't pick them up. There was some trouble making them work when we imported them, and finally decided that it was better solution to ignore them. It reduces false alarms, most of the game time you would be chasing after fishing boats. So this explains one of your encounters. Can't say about the others though.

titidinca
03-09-13, 05:24 AM

Download link:

link does not work.....

gap
03-09-13, 08:15 AM
Another fact should be taken into account:

contacts audibility for human players is apparently not affected by range settings; unlike the hydrophone operator, you can hear any contact, no matter what is its range, as far as you are at the correct depth.
This discrepancy is emphasized by REM, due to its use of reduced ranges at shallow depths. If you want the hydroman to hear the same contacts as you, you should dive deeper :yep:

link does not work.....

install a stealth navigation plugin for your browser.

I am currently using this one: ;)

http://www.stealthy.co/

GT182
03-09-13, 09:02 AM
Hi!

Fishing boats and coastal boats are not audible in hydro, their hydro-audio commands have been disabled in their .sim-files, so even the computer sonarman won't pick them up.

Just think of them as sneaky little devils. Tho I wish that 2 of them together out of the high seas wouldn't show up as a Task Force. That's really mean. ;) LOL

finchOU
03-09-13, 11:28 AM
Okay...thanks. Makes more sense now....after being able to hear them in the past (pre MODs) was kind of freaking out:doh:. Isn't there a way to adjust hydrophone working depth? I think maybe the No Hydro on Surface might be causing the no hydro at periscope depth.

gap
03-09-13, 12:11 PM
Okay...thanks. Makes more sense now....after being able to hear them in the past (pre MODs) was kind of freaking out:doh:. Isn't there a way to adjust hydrophone working depth? I think maybe the No Hydro on Surface might be causing the no hydro at periscope depth.

Which hydrophone model are you currently using? Depth ranges and detection ranges set by R.E.M. are listed in the first post of this thread for each of the featured hydrophones.

Unless you have enabled the "no hydrophone on surface version (http://www.mediafire.com/?c52qo9gmzvtfc3v)", made by sober's request and featured in his megamod, the fix devised by me & Volodya doesn't change the above ranges in its "regular version (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2010192&postcount=130)". In other words, the GHG and the Balkon Gerat should work (though with a limited range) even on surface.

In any case, depth/detection ranges can be freely adjusted. The number of their combinations is virtually infinite, thogh finding the right combination which will make everyone happy reminds me of Sisyphus punishment.

Personally, I think the "no hydrophone on surface" tweak is not required, given the way REM reduces shallow detection ranges. But as everything else, this is a matter of taste. :03: