PDA

View Full Version : Let's play "Guess the mod conflict!"

rudewarrior
04-26-11, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am having a mod conflict somewhere. When ships explode, sometimes some of the debris flying off has a weird problem. I can't reproduce it every time. The best way I can describe it is that the debris flies up in the air leaving a trail of reddish-brown squares that are at various angles. I suspect they are supposed to be simulating a trail of smoke or fire puffs left by burning debris flying through the air. It looks really odd. Right now the best I can do is to post my mod list below, and I am hoping that a modding expert is able to recognize where the conflict is occurring.

Just an FYI this mod list is heavily based on fitzcarraldo's mod list posted here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1519688&postcount=265).

This problem looks like the debris is ripping holes in the space-time continuum. It's really stressing my crew out.:doh: Is there any suggestion that you guys could offer?

If you need screen shots, I'll work on getting some in the meantime.

Thanx in advance for the help.

00_GWX - 16km Atmosphere
00_GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
00_GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
00_GWX - Open Hatch Mod
01_Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
02_LifeBoats&Debris_v4
03_Rbs3withlifeboat
04_Rbs2withbuoyance
05_Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
06_Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6
07_GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
08_FM30_UpDown_final
09_FM_NewInterior_V1.0
10_Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
11_Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
12_BritishAsdicMkIFinal
13 LRT v2.01 Final
14_Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
15_Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
16_New Uboat Guns 1.2
17_WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
18_Unofficial_rockets_fix_GWX3.0
19_No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3+Rubinis RocketFix
20_Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.0
21_MaGui F
22_CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui F
23_Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MaG_blue recmanual for MaGui F
MaG_German Images for MaGui F
MaG_optional-ALTERNATIVE SCOPES with speedlines stopwatch for MaGui F
MaG_pascal_damage_screen
MaG_RED Filters on Scopes+Binoculars for MaGui F
MaG_TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui F (NYGM-GWX-WAC)
MaG1_h.sie's Colored Hull Integrity Indicator
UNI_Aces Hi Res Uniforms and Medals Mk 2
UNI1_Evan82's Uniforms II
AUD_Das Boot Sound Mod + No Ring Ring
AUD_Diesel Startup Sequence for FM Engine Room
AUD_Real Depth Charge
LSH3_V5.1_ENV_MEP2a-Dark-Nights
LSH3_V5.1_ENV_MEP2b-FSF-for-Dark-Nights
END_4GB Patch
END_b25_SF_Grass_Full_V2
END_Combat Radio Frequency
END_Commands
END_Conus' Historically Accurate U-boat Emblems 1.0
END_Elite U-boat Binoculars
END_Flags_enlighten
END_Gramophone
END_Ice Age
END_New_clearsky_clouds
END_OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
END_Pascal_Port_People
END_Q Ship mod GWX3.0
END_Radio Log
END_Rapt0r's Das Boot Interior
END_Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5+Dönitz Fly
END_Res Fix
END_Subphones
END_Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
END_WB's Deck Gun Range
END_WB's Decks Awash + Fuel Economy
SH3 Cmdr_Compulsory U-boat Headdress
SH3 Cmdr_GWX Files
SH3 Cmdr_MFM Skins
SH3 Cmdr_Radio Room Photo Randomizer
SH3 Cmdr_Random Intro Screen
SH3 Cmdr_Ship Names 0411+Q Ships
SH3 Cmdr1_WBNN Warning Orders
S&O_Type VIIb

Salvadoreno
04-27-11, 12:09 AM
Sorry this is off topic. But how exactlly did u install wbwarningorders in sh3 commander. It says install via jsgme in sh3 commander but that didn't sound right

Fish In The Water
04-27-11, 01:30 AM
But how exactlly did u install wbwarningorders in sh3 commander.

You can install it manually by copying the 'Menu variable_en.txt' file into the Commander\Cfg folder...

Fish In The Water
04-27-11, 01:45 AM
I am having a mod conflict somewhere.

I'd start with:

and

As the first two suspects.

Try disabling one and then see if you can replicate the issue. If it still happens, I'd look for any other mod that place a .dat file(s) in the Library folder.

Good luck! :sunny:

Aces
04-27-11, 02:55 AM
Good heavens !!!, I forgot about this mod "Aces Hi Res Uniforms and Medals Mk 2" I made this years ago :).

Best regards

Aces

Wreford-Brown
04-27-11, 06:23 AM
I'd start with:

and

I agree with Fish In The Water. I had exactly the same problem as you and it was caused by 01_Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71. My graphics card just wasn't strong enough to cope with Racerboy's SH4 effects.
Try disabling this one and see if the problem goes away.

Bakkels
04-27-11, 09:40 AM
Well I'm running that 'rbs1_sh4' mod too without any problems (accept a small lag in fps) and my graphics card is 5 years old (ATI X1600 Pro).
But like Fish in the water said; it might very well be conflicting with the 'GWX enhanced damage' mod.

TheDarkWraith
04-27-11, 09:43 AM
Well I'm running that 'rbs1_sh4' mod too without any problems (accept a small lag in fps) and my graphics card is 5 years old (ATI X1600 Pro).
But like Fish in the water said; it might very well be conflicting with the 'GWX enhanced damage' mod.

I can almost guarantee it is because my mod and the GWX use their own Zones.cfg files. They are not the same.

rudewarrior
04-27-11, 09:51 AM
I'd start with:

and

Try disabling one and then see if you can replicate the issue. If it still happens, I'd look for any other mod that place a .dat file(s) in the Library folder.

Excellent! Thanx for the info, I will be starting here. First thing I have noticed is that the GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects Mod is completely overwritten, so there is no reason for it to even be in there. Next, I will try enabling one of Racerboy's optional mods, the Rbs5-EffectsLITE version to see if it has an effect and go from there, since it messes with the files you are talking about. However, I noticed that Urfisch's ModStrike Beta overwrites the .dat files in the Library that are in Racerboy's Mod. Do you think this could be causing the issue. It says that the Urfisch Mod is required for Aces' Multimod fix. Are these guys all compatible or no?

Sorry this is off topic. But how exactlly did u install wbwarningorders in sh3 commander. It says install via jsgme in sh3 commander but that didn't sound right

I put SH3 Commander in my GWX folder (alongside the data folder). This way I can enable Cmdr mods along with my other mods. If I ever have to completely reinstall, it helps me remember what I have done with SH3 Commander to make it work. So it is in the cfg file such that when enabled with JSGME, it goes into SH3 Commander in the proper place.

frau kaleun
04-27-11, 10:07 AM
I put SH3 Commander in my GWX folder (alongside the data folder). This way I can enable Cmdr mods along with my other mods. If I ever have to completely reinstall, it helps me remember what I have done with SH3 Commander to make it work. So it is in the cfg file such that when enabled with JSGME, it goes into SH3 Commander in the proper place.

Or you can just install JSGME in your Commander folder if you already have it installed somewhere else on your hard drive.

Ducimus
04-27-11, 10:10 AM
Wait wait wait.....

This is the SH3 mod forum right? I didn't click on the SH5 mod forum by accident did i? :O:

TheDarkWraith
04-27-11, 10:14 AM
Wait wait wait.....

This is the SH3 mod forum right? I didn't click on the SH5 mod forum by accident did i? :O:

I thought we were talking about SH3 mods :06: I sometimes get lost in the forums...

Jimbuna
04-27-11, 01:29 PM
Wait wait wait.....

You must have some Brit blood in your veins :DL

SquareSteelBar
04-27-11, 01:31 PM
...This is the SH3 mod forum right? I didn't click on the SH5 mod forum by accident did i? :O:No, it's SH6 forum...

rudewarrior
04-27-11, 04:42 PM
Looks like I found the problem. Urfisch's mod overwrites the particles.dat and Materials.dat files in the Library folder. In each case the files were slightly smaller in size than the Racerboy mod. So I put the Racerboy versions back in, and I get nice firey explosions with no rends in the space-time continuum. Flat earthers be damned! It looks like the laws of Physics will live to see another day!:know:

Fish In The Water
04-27-11, 05:31 PM
Looks like I found the problem.

Glad you got it sorted! :up:

Fish In The Water
04-28-11, 01:09 AM

Same here...

I find it streamlines the enabling process and as you said it makes it easier to pinpoint where everything goes. :sunny:

rudewarrior
04-28-11, 08:49 AM
Hey guys,

Just want to say thanks for all the help and reaffirm how truly badass all the modders on this forum are. I didn't realize how much I had been missing, and all I can say is wow!:up:

All of the work you guys have put in has really made this game go from awesome to awesomest!

I have one final issue that I noticed. It seems that when I fire the deck gun and a hit scores, a square area appears like it is masked over the target. It covers the ship completely, and is slightly lighter in brightness than everything it overlays. It looks like it may have to appear in order to conduct the animation. It doesn't look bad per se, it is just noticeable. I don't even know if it can be fixed, and, quite frankly, if it can't be I'm not going to cry about it. It really is a minor inconvenience, but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

My hat's off to you guys!!!:salute: