PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] mod the seafloor

oscar19681
06-10-10, 04:11 AM
Can we not drag the seafloot a littlebit up to match the invisible seafloor on which the u-boat rests when going to the seafloor? Or maybe put a second seafloor on top of the current one to match the invisble seafloor?

oscar19681
06-10-10, 05:17 AM
I,m tired of the game thinking that the seafloor is 11 meters above the sand! It looks freakin fake. I wonder if for some reason this was done intentionally or this is another bug then never got fixed.

thorn69
06-10-10, 02:24 PM
Something NEEDS to be done about this. It is an immersion killer.

Madox58
06-10-10, 02:26 PM
How close to the shore can you get before this happens?
Or does that have the same limit?

kylania
06-10-10, 02:53 PM
It is an immersion killer.

How is that possible? I guarantee no WWII u-boat captain ever had a movable external view of his u-boat at the sea floor. :O:

oscar19681
06-10-10, 06:45 PM
As much as ik like you humor. its still an immersion killer even without the external view since there is no true depth.
I posted about this several times. I understand that there are more important things to deal with but i just cant seem to find out what the possiblity,s are fixing this stupid bug. Also most people dont seem to have a problem with it either.

kylania
06-10-10, 07:44 PM
Also most people dont seem to have a problem with it either.

Of course we have a problem with it. I even posted a pic where I was at 82m, depth to keel read 33m more, but i was on the bottom.

But it's not that big a deal compared to absolute game breakers like non-functional mines/subnets or the like. Someone had posted before about changing the clipping distance of the sea floor object or something. Never tried it myself though, since this is really just a cosmetic at best issue for me.