PDA

View Full Version : [REQ]More numbers for automatic targeting.

ERPP8
03-10-10, 04:03 PM
Can someone please add more numbers to the attack map it the corner so I can launch torpedoes more accurately.
Three points only lets you hit close targets.
Torpedoes are virtually useless because I suck at manual targeting and there's no simple "Lock and Shoot" feature.

vonce1
03-10-10, 04:12 PM
I think you need to practice with existing numbers (1, 2, 3 circles you're talking about, right?), they seem to be quite sufficient and I hit nearly every target; it almost gets boring how ACCURATE it is. I use fast torpedo settings, the number 3 corresponds to something like 1800 meters/yards, that is pretty far distance already, and I'm hitting targets no problem, unless it's a destroyer doing sharp turns at 35 knots flank speed...

I hope I understood you question right, sorry if not.

ERPP8
03-10-10, 04:13 PM
I know how to use them but they're useless at longer ranges:damn:

vonce1
03-10-10, 04:20 PM
I know how to use them but they're useless at longer ranges:damn:

I guess you're right - at longer ranges (over 2000 meters or so) you'll have to use manual targeting..

I understand your question now - you'd like more numbers, to cover ranges over 2000 meters... oh well, maybe someone will mod it..but, I wonder if in real life submarines fired torpedoes at such a long distances because at longer distances even the smallest error in targeting will result in a nearly certain torpedo miss

ERPP8
03-10-10, 04:28 PM
I guess you're right - at longer ranges (over 2000 meters or so) you'll have to use manual targeting..

I understand your question now - you'd like more numbers, to cover ranges over 2000 meters... oh well, maybe someone will mod it..but, I wonder if in real life submarines fired torpedoes at such a long distances because at longer distances even the smallest error in targeting will result in a nearly certain torpedo miss
I know that manual targeting has to be precise but were regular people with no training. Plus in real life they would just shout out the numbers, rather that using a bunch of menus.