PDA

View Full Version : need the experts to fix some old missions

I'm goin' down
11-24-09, 12:01 AM
A while ago some of the experts here fixed Palau Gauntlet, one of the best missions around. I just played the Dick O'kane mission no. 1. I think were designed for SH1.4. I play 1.5 with TMO. I finally finished the mission. The game crashed a couple of times, and on my return to base (Midway), when I restarted the game after the crash, it repeated all of my topedoe hits and misses. Then I could not time compress to full or moderate compression without the game slowing down.

A lot of work went into some of these missions. How can we check them and get them current?

Webster
11-24-09, 12:13 PM
the first step is to post a link so we can dig into them and see if we notice whats wrong

I'm goin' down
11-24-09, 08:08 PM
here is the link. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135984 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135984).

It is Ace01_O'Kane_7z, and is the first of five missions in the download package.

Webster
11-24-09, 08:41 PM
as was mentioned in the thread the link is dead

unless you have the zip file on your computer and can upload them theres nothing to look at

peabody
11-26-09, 08:14 PM
A while ago some of the experts here fixed Palau Gauntlet, one of the best missions around. I just played the Dick O'kane mission no. 1. I think were designed for SH1.4. I play 1.5 with TMO. I finally finished the mission. The game crashed a couple of times, and on my return to base (Midway), when I restarted the game after the crash, it repeated all of my topedoe hits and misses. Then I could not time compress to full or moderate compression without the game slowing down.

A lot of work went into some of these missions. How can we check them and get them current?

There are only a couple of ships docked at Pearl Harbor that were added by the mission. The mission uses the stock traffic, so other than a class ASSubtender, a Gato and a Balao there are only zones, triggers, objectives and events and it played fine on my computer (stock)
So you could check if TMO changes the Sub Tender or either one of the subs, otherwise there is nothing that should cause a problem.

Try the mission without TMO and see what happens.

As for the slowdown, you will definately slow down at Midway, LOTS of ships.
As for the repeat of torp hits...I have no idea.

Peabody

I'm goin' down
11-26-09, 10:58 PM
sorry follow the link in my first post. Then look at post three in the thread for the current updates. Also, on two or three of the O'Kane missions the dial on the radar devise does not rotate, although you can use the home and end button to accomplish that task. I don't play stock, so if it doesn't work on 1.9 I cannot check things out. I think these were desgined for 1.4 or 1.5. If it cannot be fixed, not a big deal. Some of these missions are quite good.

peabody
11-27-09, 03:28 AM
I don't play stock, so if it doesn't work on 1.9 I cannot check things out. I think these were desgined for 1.4 or 1.5. If it cannot be fixed, not a big deal. Some of these missions are quite good.

Didn't you install TMO with JSGME? If you did just disable it and test the mission then you will know if it is a conflict with TMO. I don't play TMO so I don't know if that is the problem. If it is not a conflict with TMO then we can look a little closer at what the problem may be. But there is no way to know if there is a problem if you don't test it. If it works without TMO then we know what to look for. Like I said it uses the stock traffic, there are only 3 ships in the mission.

Peabody