PDA

View Full Version : [REL] TMT v2 (Tribute to Manual Targeting-version 2)

makman94
07-18-09, 04:21 PM
TMT v2
-------
(Tribute to Manual Targeting - version 2)

update 6/June/2013
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at my mediafire page you can find a version called ''TMT v2 with EFS''
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is exactly the same mod as the ''TMT v2 (GWX3version)'' plus Enhanced Funnel Smokes to all ships
credits:
this addition to TMT v2 was totally made by RS77

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/TMTv2.png

from the readme:

--------------------------------------------
ADDITIONS TO PREVIOUS VERSION 'TMT mod':
--------------------------------------------

1. correcting all ships that was sinking on heavy seas
2. correcting the draft values on .cfgs
3. correcting an error to Averoff's length
4. adding missing funnel smoke to naval artillery and tranport Barge
5. immersion adding to the sailing of ships (they look more 'heavier')

credits to:
----------

a) NGT for all his support during the creation of 'TMT mod' and 'TMT v2'

b) RS77 for adding the correct draft values on .cfgs ,for adding the missing funnel smoke to barges and for testing the 'TMT v2'

c) RUBINI for his fixes on the most ships that had the 'sinking' problem and for all the info and help that he gladly gave me and of course for his 'GWX_ships_Buoyance&draught_mod'

d) Subtype_Zero for his fixes to some other ships that had also the 'sinking' problem

e) Phillip Thomsen for his wonderfull idea on his mod ''Thomsen's ships''.

f) H.sie for adding the drag-lr and drag-ud values to .sim files

g) Albrecht von Hesse for his ''enhanced funnel smokes '' mod ,which is reworked by Hansolo and additionaly and finally modified by RS77

note:
-----
unfortunatelly some issues are not clear yet with Phillip's ships so the tweaks on aceleration-decelaration-turning abilities of ships have NOT been included in TMT v2 . but his idea about the 'heavier' movement (meaning left-right ,up-down by its own axises) is included in 'TMT v2' with some minor tweaks by me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can be found at my mediafire page
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMT mod (previous version)
---------------------------

the 'TMT mod' is the complete workaround of my attempt to adjusting all the masts's ang lengths's values.

this mod is fixing all the ships's dimensions (masts and lengths).

is for use with gwx3.

WARNING: if you run the 'TMT mod' ,be sure that you are NOT running the 'GWX_ships_Buoyance&draught_mod' by Rubini.this mod is already incuded in the 'TMT mod'.[it includes all the ships (.sim files) that are adjusted , the rest ones-very small boats-are not included.so ,if you run the 'b+d mod' on top of 'TMT mod' the mast of these ships (very small boats) will be affected but remember that these ships are not adjusted].
for this reason i am saying NOT to run 'b+d mod'.run ONLY the 'TMT mod'

ps: i want to express a big thank you to my friend NGT.Without his help,i would (for sure) had never complete this mod.
also ,i am thanking NGT for another reason: he found the name of this mod

can be found at my mediafire page

thank you,

makman94

rs77
07-18-09, 04:47 PM
:salute::salute::salute:

Graf Paper
07-18-09, 05:25 PM
Just for the sake of clarity, I have to ask.

This mod replaces the masts adjustments mod which you've been releasing in parts, the last being part six?

If that's the case, then this is the completed work all rolled into a polished and tidy package?

makman94
07-18-09, 06:49 PM
:salute::salute::salute:

:up:

Just for the sake of clarity, I have to ask.

This mod replaces the masts adjustments mod which you've been releasing in parts, the last being part six?

If that's the case, then this is the completed work all rolled into a polished and tidy package?

exactly Graf Paper ! this is a polished package (which includes ships1,ships2...etc and the remaining 20 ships ...in other words...ALL the ships)
so,no need to run the ships1-gwx3,ships2-gwx3...etc or the 'b+d mod'(<---these are already inside the 'TMT mod')
run only the 'TMT mod'

bye

tomfon
07-19-09, 04:37 AM
@makman

Congrats for the release of this mod.:rock:

Thank you for the time you spent to complete it. A big "thanks" to NGT too.

Υ.Γ. Ήθελα να βοηθήσω φίλε αλλά ήμουν στην Αθήνα πνιγμένος στις υποχρεώσεις. Να'σαι καλά πάντως. Καλό καλοκαίρι!

makman94
07-19-09, 04:47 AM
@makman

Congrats for the release of this mod.:rock:

Thank you for the time you spent to complete it. A big "thanks" to NGT too.

Υ.Γ. Ήθελα να βοηθήσω φίλε αλλά ήμουν στην Αθήνα πνιγμένος στις υποχρεώσεις. Να'σαι καλά πάντως. Καλό καλοκαίρι!

thank you too Tomfon!

Υ.Γ.: Δεν πειραζει Τomfon,κ μονο η προθεση μετραει! αλλωστε το να εισαι τετοια εποχη στην Αθηνα ειναι απο μονο του ενα...βασανο! να εισαι κ εσυ καλα κ καλες βουτιες !

Graf Paper
07-19-09, 04:58 AM
Definitely in the top ten of "must-have" mods!

Thank you very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very much!

:yeah:

makman94
07-19-09, 05:05 AM
Definitely in the top ten of "must-have" mods!

Thank you very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very much!

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up: !!! :DL

Graf Paper, its time for my u-boat (u-94) to sail again! what about yours? its time to switch to manual targeting (that i know you wanted to) and enjoy this mod!

your words are apreciated and now......good hunting !

rs77
07-20-09, 04:10 AM
hi,

does anyone know which values did Rubini change in .sim files in original B+D mod ?

obj_Hydro\Surfaced\draught only ? or anything else ?

I just discovered that some of the .sim files within TMT (and original B+D mod) have \obj_Hydro\mass = 0.0, is that ok ?

examples: AC-4, ATug, NAMC, NDD_HuntI have mass = 0.0

thanks

makman94
07-20-09, 06:43 AM
hi,

does anyone know which values did Rubini change in .sim files in original B+D mod ?

hello Rs77,
i don't know the answer to your question but the most appropriate person to answer this is...Rubini.
just send him a pm

bye

rs77
07-20-09, 07:06 AM
that's true, I didn't think of that :salute:

just one more thing, I compared Rubini's B&D (the version included in Lifeboats and Debris v4) mod with your TMT mod

it looks like Rubini's B&D contains 20 more subfolders under the Sea folder (JunkM, JunkS, NF_boat_x, NLCVP, NLGH, NMAS, NPT_Br, NPT_US, NPTV, NPTV_KFK, RAF_HSL, SCHO_, Sloop_) and it doesn't have Schute_M2 subfolder, is that intentional ?

besides I'm really impressed with the amount of job that you put in this mod :salute: thanks Makman

ReallyDedPoet
07-20-09, 08:15 AM
Nice work here :yep::up:

Lopo
07-20-09, 08:17 AM
Hi,
Can you tell me, please, if your mod can be run without problem with STzSinkingShipFix 2.1? Trying to install it JSGME listed the next overwritings:

Ļ"NCV_Illustrious.cfg" has already been altered by the "GWX - Rockets fix" mod.
"NGRA_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NGRA_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKC3.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKC3.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKSQ_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKSQ_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLOL.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLOL.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLPL_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLPL_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLSQ_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLSQ_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLST.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLST.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLUS_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLUS_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NPPL_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NPPL_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.

Anyway, fantastic mod :up:
Thank you in advance and take care.

Lopo

rs77
07-20-09, 08:48 AM
ok, I found a problem, it's not with TMT but with original B&D mod actually

Rubini put ships deeper into the water, obj_Hydro\Surfaced\draught parameter was modified for each ship

unforutanately .cfg files for the ships were not corrected, so now let's take Nelson as example:

- modded .sim file says it's surfaced draught is 12,23m (original 11,035m)
- .cfg file says it's draught is 11,04

shooting magnetic torp at 12m according to information from recognition manual would be probably result in torp bouncing of rounded hull..

looks like all .cfg should be corrected to :-?

makman94
07-20-09, 08:55 AM
that's true, I didn't think of that :salute:

just one more thing, I compared Rubini's B&D (the version included in Lifeboats and Debris v4) mod with your TMT mod

it looks like Rubini's B&D contains 20 more subfolders under the Sea folder (JunkM, JunkS, NF_boat_x, NLCVP, NLGH, NMAS, NPT_Br, NPT_US, NPTV, NPTV_KFK, RAF_HSL, SCHO_, Sloop_) and it doesn't have Schute_M2 subfolder, is that intentional ?

besides I'm really impressed with the amount of job that you put in this mod :salute: thanks Makman

the answer to your question is at the first post (red letters) .the ships that are 'missing' from TMT are the very small boats which are not adjusted...thats why i didn't include their .sims(leaving them outside means that these ships will not been effected by b+d mod and thats exactly what i want becuase i didn't touch their mast values either). about the Schute_M2 ...probably Rubini didn't touch it thats why is missing from b+d mod

Nice work here :yep::up:

thank you :up:.now, i think that you understand more clearly about our conversation via pms some time ago....

Hi,
Can you tell me, please, if your mod can be run without problem with STzSinkingShipFix 2.1? Trying to install it JSGME listed the next overwritings:

Ļ"NCV_Illustrious.cfg" has already been altered by the "GWX - Rockets fix" mod.
"NGRA_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NGRA_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKC3.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKC3.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKSQ_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NKSQ_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLOL.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLOL.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLPL_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLPL_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLSQ_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLSQ_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLST.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLST.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLUS_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NLUS_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NPPL_.cfg" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.
"NPPL_.sim" has already been altered by the "STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" mod.

Anyway, fantastic mod :up:
Thank you in advance and take care.

Lopo

Hello Lopo,
i don't know about this mod becuase i am not using it.these two mods ("STzSinkingShipFix 2.1" and ''TMT mod'') are NOT compatible.thats for sure about their .cfg.now ,maybe is possible (i don't know) to merge their .sims and become compatible.

bye

makman94
07-20-09, 08:59 AM
ok, I found a problem, it's not with TMT but with original B&D mod actually

Rubini put ships deeper into the water, obj_Hydro\Surfaced\draught parameter was modified for each ship

unforutanately .cfg files for the ships were not corrected, so now let's take Nelson as example:

- modded .sim file says it's surfaced draught is 12,23m (original 11,035m)
- .cfg file says it's draught is 11,04

shooting magnetic torp at 12m according to information from recognition manual would be probably result in torp bouncing of rounded hull..

looks like all .cfg should be corrected to :-?

be carefull here Rs77,
the 'TMT mod' is about mast and length values only.draft values is one ...other story.....
it was mentioned at the development thread 'mast+lengths adjustments' but the original draft values never had been checked.this subject needs ...investigation

karamazovnew
07-20-09, 09:14 AM
Grats on finishing it. By the way, rethorical question, I still can use the LifeBoats and Debris mod by Rubini as long as I don't use the optional right?

makman94
07-20-09, 09:17 AM
Grats on finishing it. By the way, rethorical question, I still can use the LifeBoats and Debris mod by Rubini as long as I don't use the optional right?

exactly Karamazovnew! Any mod that is not conflict with the files of 'TMT mod' can be safely used

Lopo
07-20-09, 10:24 AM
Thank you Makman94 for your answer.
So I will uninstall STzSinkingShipFix 2.1 in order to fully enjoy your mod...:salute:

TigerShark808
07-20-09, 08:36 PM
I downloaded this MOD and when pulling up my scope and such (OLC GUI). I find that after Identifying the target I get the "Ship MANUAL" It shows me a "RED" line about where I guess the MASS=LENGTH should be.

Well the REDLINE is always a few meters above the booklet. Is this correct? Because I have experimented with it using stationary targets and I'm not sure I'm sold on this. My torps seem to detonate Just BEHIND the ship. In fact when I use the books measurements (not the REDLINE) I have gotten better results.?

onelifecrisis
07-20-09, 08:58 PM
Thank you Makman94 for your answer.
So I will uninstall STzSinkingShipFix 2.1 in order to fully enjoy your mod...:salute:

That's what I did. When I next go out on patrol I'll be watching to see whether Rubini's buoyancy and draught adjustments will make ships less (or more!) likely to sink in rough weather; it may be that STz's fix is not needed when using TMT (let's hope so).

makman94
07-20-09, 11:34 PM
I downloaded this MOD and when pulling up my scope and such (OLC GUI). I find that after Identifying the target I get the "Ship MANUAL" It shows me a "RED" line about where I guess the MASS=LENGTH------WHAT IS THIS ???? should be.

Well the REDLINE is always a few meters above the booklet----AGAIN..WHAT IS THIS ???. Is this correct? Because I have experimented with it using stationary targets and I'm not sure I'm sold on this. My torps seem to detonate Just BEHIND the ship. In fact when I use the books measurements (not the REDLINE) I have gotten better results.?
Hello TigerShark808,
i am realy trying to 'follow' you but i can't understand you.(look at the red letters)
if anyone understand TigerShark808 please ...proceed
if you mean by saying ''REDLINE is always a few meters above the booklet'' that redline is above the number at the vertical scale of recmanual then i must tell you that these numbers(at vertical scale) are ONLY eyes candies,they have NO USE at all.the red line is showing to you the spot of the ship that you must aim in order to get the distance.look at the following photo (recmanual is telling you that HMS Hood have mast=38.9 and its showing you what spot of ship to aim to get the distance):
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/SH3Img21-7-2009_64333_334.jpg

these shots are made with the target moving at 8 knots (distance 2375m) with a gyroangle greater than 20 degrees:

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/SH3Img21-7-2009_65253_84.jpg

makman94
07-20-09, 11:37 PM
That's what I did. When I next go out on patrol I'll be watching to see whether Rubini's buoyancy and draught adjustments will make ships less (or more!) likely to sink in rough weather; it may be that STz's fix is not needed when using TMT (let's hope so).
hello OLC,
can you tell me please which one of these ships ( that STz's fix ) had the bigger 'problem' ?
(i have all the ships in test missions ,so i will set the weather parameter to 15m/sec and see if it will sink or not)
bye

TigerShark808
07-21-09, 06:58 PM
Hello TigerShark808,
i am realy trying to 'follow' you but i can't understand you.(look at the red letters)
if anyone understand TigerShark808 please ...proceed
if you mean by saying ''REDLINE is always a few meters above the booklet'' that redline is above the number at the vertical scale of recmanual then i must tell you that these numbers(at vertical scale) are ONLY eyes candies,they have NO USE at all.the red line is showing to you the spot of the ship that you must aim in order to get the distance.look at the following photo (recmanual is telling you that HMS Hood have mast=38.9 and its showing you what spot of ship to aim to get the distance):
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/SH3Img21-7-2009_64333_334.jpg

these shots are made with the target moving at 8 knots (distance 2375m) with a gyroangle greater than 20 degrees:

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/SH3Img21-7-2009_65253_84.jpg
Im sorry..i did mean to type REDLINE not RED LETTERS. Sorry :)

As far as your exsplanation..I get it now.

Thank You very much. :rock:

EDIT: And what GUI are you using..because I'm using OLC MKIId and I don't see that little Note Pad nor the "GOLD HIGHLIGHTS" where the Ship Name,Torpedo Settings,Gyro Angle. And the stop watch in the upper left corner. :) Nice Look!

onelifecrisis
07-21-09, 07:50 PM
hello OLC,
can you tell me please which one of these ships ( that STz's fix ) had the bigger 'problem' ?
(i have all the ships in test missions ,so i will set the weather parameter to 15m/sec and see if it will sink or not)
bye

STz fixed the following ships:

NGRA_
NKC3
NKSQ_
NLOL
NLPL_
NLSQ_
NLST
NLUS_
NPPL_

For all I know the B&D mod may also fix them. :)

HTH
OLC

Graf Paper
07-21-09, 08:37 PM
They just might, olc. B&D does alter some of the same values as STZ's Sinking Ships Fix but my recollection was that STZ's mod was considered by many to be the better fix for the issue of smaller vessels sinking in rough seas. Of course, that has to be taken with a grain of salt because there's no way to know how many of those who had that opinion actually tried both mods for comparison.

I think the key values at play, with STZ'z mod, was the buoyancy and center of gravity. I don't think he altered the draught, specifically because it would have altered the targeting data for those vessels.

If B&D turns out not to offer the same benefits, then I suppose the two mods could be merged or else players will just have to live with choosing one or the other.

Honestly, I would rather have accurate targeting data than worrying myself over losing 3,000 (or less) BRT because some small merchant succumbed to the angry sea.

makman94
07-21-09, 09:38 PM
first the most important.

disable TMT and inside it open the data/sea/NCA_Averof/ and then open the NCA_Averof.cfg . change the length=185 to length=183. (it was made a stupid mistake to calculations,sorry about that).enable again the TMT and thats it!

now,about the sinking ships problem.
i checked all the ships that you mentioned OLC and we HAVE PROBLEM with NLPL (ocean liner) and with the NLST (landing ship tank )
all the others are doing just fine!
now,as i am not familiar with .sims files can somebody check if these sims for these two ships can be merged (in order to avoid adjusting them again) ??
also ,is that for sure that STz's fix's .sims for these two ships are ok,meaning that solving the problem? (where can be found this mod? )

ps:Graf Paper , its not big deal the solving of this issue and as it can be done then no need to worry about it any more .it will be fixed!

makman94
07-21-09, 10:08 PM
Im sorry..i did mean to type REDLINE not RED LETTERS. Sorry :)

As far as your exsplanation..I get it now.

Thank You very much. :rock:
You are wellcome:up:

EDIT: And what GUI are you using..because I'm using OLC MKIId and I don't see that little Note Pad nor the "GOLD HIGHLIGHTS" where the Ship Name,Torpedo Settings,Gyro Angle. And the stop watch in the upper left corner. :) Nice Look!
the gui i am using is OLC's gui 127.about all the others you describe most of them are my mod called ''MANOS OPTICS-x15'' or ''MANOS OPTICS-x6''.
BUT these mods are made only for OLC's gui 127
bye

Graf Paper
07-22-09, 05:11 AM
I tried doing a search for Subtype Zero's mods in the downloads section. No results.

Trying a search by thread....

Here's the thread for his mod: [REL] STzSinkingShipsFix (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138984)

Unfortunately, the file is no longer there when you click the download link. Let me see if I can upload it here to Subsim.

EDIT:
Got it uploaded here at Subsim for you, makman! I hope it helps you. :up:

Download: STZ Sinking Ships Fix v2.1 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1257)

rs77
07-22-09, 06:26 AM
as I understand all those mods:
- GWX 3.0 - positive buoyancy (surfaced displacement > mass)
- Rubini's B&D - neutral buoyancy (mass = 0, so mass = displacement) + put them deeper into water by increasing surfaced draught
- StzSinkingFix - more positive buoyancy than in GWX 3.0 for some ships

example NKSQ_:

1. in stock GWX 3.0 it has little positive buoyancy, mass = 1958,5; displacement = 1960,0

2. Rubini's B&D, mass = 0, displacement = 1960, according do S3D in this case game treats it as mass = displacement, so buoyancy is neutral

3. StzSinkingFix, mass = 1664, displacement = 1960, so we have more positive buoyancy than in original GWX 3.0 and much more than in B&D mod

so ships which have problems with sinking in heavy sea in GWX 3.0 will have much more problem with B&D mod

cheers

onelifecrisis
07-22-09, 06:32 AM
I'm sure that fixing the sim files will not be difficult, they are not very big, only a handful of values IIRC. Maybe start by opening them in S3D and doing a visual comparison of GWX vs STz vs B&D? The solution might be as simple as merging the differences. (Edit: mind you, we don't want them unsinkable! ;))

first the most important.

disable TMT and inside it open the data/sea/NCA_Averof/ and then open the NCA_Averof.cfg . change the length=185 to length=183. (it was made a stupid mistake to calculations,sorry about that).enable again the TMT and thats it!

Ah! A perfectionist I see! :ping:

Done, thanks! :up:

onelifecrisis
07-22-09, 06:37 AM
Honestly, I would rather have accurate targeting data than worrying myself over losing 3,000 (or less) BRT because some small merchant succumbed to the angry sea.

I think (well, for me at least) it's more a matter of immersion than lost tonnage. Sure, maybe one or two ships did sink in bad weather IRL, but not whole convoys (as sometimes happens in GWX, if the assortment of ships is right... or "wrong" perhaps is a better word). In any case I agree I would rather have makman's mod given the choice.

BTW, makman, one ship that STz didn't fix is the Tramp Steamer. They sink all the bloody time. I was just thinking, maybe while you're at it... ;)

rs77
07-22-09, 06:40 AM
I'm sure that fixing the sim files will not be difficult, they are not very big, only a handful of values IIRC. Maybe start by opening them in S3D and doing a visual comparison of GWX vs STz vs B&D?

I just did it for NKSQ_ in the post above yours :up:

thing that should also be corrected as I stated earlier is draft in .cfg files

Rubini put ships deeper by increasing draught in .sim files, so now .cfg and .log files are little wrong in this matter, which can cause problems when using magnetic torps supposed to go under the keel :salute:

what's on my mind lately is to merge TMT with Thomsen's ships :D, but not original Thomsen's ships only the new version which doesn't include messing around with gc_height (well it doesn't exist yet) :cool: only acceleration and turning abilities + enhanced funnel smoke :up: now that would be brand new ships behavior ha :D

onelifecrisis
07-22-09, 08:36 AM
I just did it for NKSQ_ in the post above yours :up:

Right you are! I guess we cross-posted. :oops:

rs77
07-22-09, 08:56 AM
that's no problem OLC :up:

in fact I expected some discussion on my post because I'm not sure if my statements about buoyancy are right :hmmm:

makman94
07-22-09, 11:47 AM
EDIT:
Got it uploaded here at Subsim for you, makman! I hope it helps you. :up:

Download: STZ Sinking Ships Fix v2.1 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1257)

many thanks Graf Paper ! :up:

sure it helped!

makman94
07-22-09, 12:05 PM
as I understand all those mods:
- GWX 3.0 - positive buoyancy (surfaced displacement > mass)
- Rubini's B&D - neutral buoyancy (mass = 0, so mass = displacement) + put them deeper into water by increasing surfaced draught
- StzSinkingFix - more positive buoyancy than in GWX 3.0 for some ships

example NKSQ_:

1. in stock GWX 3.0 it has little positive buoyancy, mass = 1958,5; displacement = 1960,0

2. Rubini's B&D, mass = 0, displacement = 1960, according do S3D in this case game treats it as mass = displacement, so buoyancy is neutral

3. StzSinkingFix, mass = 1664, displacement = 1960, so we have more positive buoyancy than in original GWX 3.0 and much more than in B&D mod

so ships which have problems with sinking in heavy sea in GWX 3.0 will have much more problem with B&D mod

cheers

as i have no idea about all these ( positive buoyancy....:hmmm: ....etc) and how to be altered, i am afraid that i have no opinion at all.
are you saying here that if we put the StzSinkingFix's mass and displacement values to b+d mod and leave all the others values untouched will do the trick? and the height will be unchanged ???

about the draft values ,i have already told you that the problem is that we don't know for sure if the original values are acurate (and i can't think a better way to check this exept of starting firing infinite torpedoes ....which is a little bit .... let's say...impossible).
BUT do this if you have the time and the will to do it.open the original .sims (not b+d's .sims) FOR EACH SHIP and check if the draft value is the same with the value at original .cfgs. do this for each ship and report back.if so ,then we will write on TMT's cfg the b+d's draft values.of course ,that means that if the original values are not accurate ...the same will go to the new draft values but for sure it will be better than nothing

bye

makman94
07-22-09, 12:09 PM
Ah! A perfectionist I see! :ping:

Done, thanks! :up:

when i told you that, if anything is done right ,you will see an accuracy of +-1 degree at AOB.....i wasn't joking! (thats why i like this 'game' so much) :up:

makman94
07-22-09, 12:18 PM
BTW, makman, one ship that STz didn't fix is the Tramp Steamer. They sink all the bloody time. I was just thinking, maybe while you're at it... ;)

Not any more OLC ! Tramp Steamer is going just fine with b+d mod.

saw the post #27# ??

i checked them all and only the NLPL (ocean liner) and the NLST (landing ship tank ) have problem.just these two ships.

now i tested the .sims for these ships from StzSinkingFix and they didn't sink (although especially the landing ship tank is very...funny at 15 m/sec).so,if at last don't find a way to merge the .sims then i will use StzSinkingFix's sims for these two ships and readjust them
bye

rs77
07-22-09, 12:42 PM
as i have no idea about all these ( positive buoyancy....:hmmm: ....etc) and how to be altered, i am afraid that i have no opinion at all.
are you saying here that if we put the StzSinkingFix's mass and displacement values to b+d mod and leave all the others values untouched will do the trick? and the height will be unchanged ???

Rubini's called his mod 'neutral buoyance and draught', I can see (comparing B&D and original .sim files) that he achieved this 'neutral' buoyancy by removing mass values in .sim for each ship, well in fact sometimes displacement is removed, but according to S3D the result is the same, game uses mass == displacement.

Stz wanted some of the ships not to sink, and his mod introduces mass < displacement. And it actually works ;)

The question is how it is modeled by the game :hmmm: mass + displacement + draught :hmmm:

It looks like mass and displacement don't have the influence on draught, well it's just a game, not a real physics. So I believe that if we set draught to x meters in .sim file, than the ship will be put exactly x meters deep into the water. The difference is how it behaves on the waves I suppose, don't forget that Rubini was trying to minimize 'rubber duck in bathtub' effect.

Correct me if I'm wrong - the .cfg files are used only for recog manual right ?

about the draft values ,i have already told you that the problem is that we don't know for sure if the original values are acurate (and i can't think a better way to check this exept of starting firing infinite torpedoes ....which is a little bit .... let's say...impossible).
BUT do this if you have the time and the will to do it.open the original .sims (not b+d's .sims) FOR EACH SHIP and check if the draft value is the same with the value at original .cfgs. do this for each ship and report back.if so ,then we will write on TMT's cfg the b+d's draft values.of course ,that means that if the original values are not accurate ...the same will go to the new draft values but for sure it will be better than nothing

bye

I'll do this :up: expect the results by the end of this week, maybe I'll be even able to prepare corrected .cfg files by then.

makman94
07-22-09, 01:09 PM
Rubini's called his mod 'neutral buoyance and draught', I can see (comparing B&D and original .sim files) that he achieved this 'neutral' buoyancy by removing mass values in .sim for each ship, well in fact sometimes displacement is removed, but according to S3D the result is the same, game uses mass == displacement.

Stz wanted some of the ships not to sink, and his mod introduces mass < displacement. And it actually works ;)

The question is how it is modeled by the game :hmmm: mass + displacement + draught :hmmm:-----here is the need of testing

It looks like mass and displacement don't have the influence on draught, well it's just a game, not a real physics. So I believe that if we set draught to x meters in .sim file, than the ship will be put exactly x meters deep into the water.----well ,i suspect that it will not put EXACTLY at x meters.sh3 has the tense always to....messing ! (like the 'bad' girl...nobody wants it as girlfriend BUT everybody wants it to....) . one of the reasons that i made the mast adjustments in-game.The difference is how it behaves on the waves I suppose, don't forget that Rubini was trying to minimize 'rubber duck in bathtub' effect.

Correct me if I'm wrong - the .cfg files are used only for recog manual right ?-----yes.exept of the mast value ,which is being taken from cfg and it is a data for the stadimeter.(i am talking only for mast,length ,draft,speed values)

I'll do this :up: expect the results by the end of this week, maybe I'll be even able to prepare corrected .cfg files by then. ----:up:

above with green

onelifecrisis
07-22-09, 07:21 PM
(like the 'bad' girl...nobody wants it as girlfriend BUT everybody wants it to....)

:haha: :har: :rotfl: that was completely unexpected!

P.S.
That's great news regarding the tramp steamer :up:

rs77
07-23-09, 04:01 AM
hi,

makman please take a look at this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmjm42cnzfl/GWX.xls

this file contains comparison of drafts and displacements in .cfg, .sim for stock GWX3.0

generally speaking the answer is yes, before B&D mod draughts in .sim and .cfg where the same, although there are exceptions ;)

1. some .sim files have draught = 0 , after S3D: 'The object's draught[m]. If 0, then it is taken from the object's global position.', as I can see Rubini left those as is, and we can't really do much about them unless we figure out their global position from 3D models ;)

2. if both draught values (.sim and .cfg) are present then the are 17 differences, which I think are just bugs

the real fun starts when you look at displacements :up:

1. generally both values are given in .sim file, mass and displacement, and generally mass < displacement and difference is 1,5T

2. some .sim have displacement = 0

3. there are a LOT which just look messed up :-?

makman94
07-23-09, 04:26 AM
hi,

makman please take a look at this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmjm42cnzfl/GWX.xls----i will look at it right now!

this file contains comparison of drafts and displacements in .cfg, .sim for stock GWX3.0

generally speaking the answer is yes, before B&D mod draughts in .sim and .cfg where the same, although there are exceptions ;)----ok,some exceptions....are....expected

1. some .sim files have draught = 0 , after S3D: 'The object's draught[m]. If 0, then it is taken from the object's global position.', as I can see Rubini left those as is, and we can't really do much about them unless we figure out their global position from 3D models ;)----hands up by me! i will send a pm to Rubini to inform us about it .i am sure that he can help here with that

2. if both draught values (.sim and .cfg) are present then the are 17 differences, which I think are just bugs----i also believe that are just...bugs

the real fun starts when you look at displacements :up:

1. generally both values are given in .sim file, mass and displacement, and generally mass < displacement and difference is 1,5T

2. some .sim have displacement = 0

3. there are a LOT which just look messed up :-?----it seems that mass and displacement are combined like this:if you set 0 to one then the value from the other is considered (according to s3d).i will tell about it also to Rubini

good job Rs77 ! :up:

edit: just looking your .xls file(<----very nice) and i think that we can start copying the b+d draft values to TMT's .cfgs.we will see what will be done with those that have draft=0

rs77
07-23-09, 04:48 AM
I won't continue further, in fact I have set of unified .sim, .cfg files for all ships based on TMT mod but I'm afraid I created more mess doing this ;)

I'd like to point out a few more things:
- cumberland, devonshire, norfolk - looks like they have wrong mass/displacements in .sim, I checked wiki on this and 13300 for their displacement in .cfg looks much more real

- one of the fishing boats - boat_4 - has displacement of 885 tons in .cfg, it doesn't look right, fishing boat of destroyer size ?

- pbtrawler, again .cfg says 480 tons compared to 110 in .sim, a little to big

we need complete clean solution for all ships, that would be great :rock:

makman94
07-23-09, 04:56 AM
I won't continue further, in fact I have set of unified .sim, .cfg files for all ships based on TMT mod but I'm afraid I created more mess doing this ;)

I'd like to point out a few more things:
- cumberland, devonshire, norfolk - looks like they have wrong mass/displacements in .sim, I checked wiki on this and 13300 for their displacement in .cfg looks much more real

- one of the fishing boats - boat_4 - has displacement of 885 tons in .cfg, it doesn't look right, fishing boat of destroyer size ?

- pbtrawler, again .cfg says 480 tons compared to 110 in .sim, a little to big

we need complete clean solution for all ships, that would be great :rock:

i told you that we don't know anything about the acuracy of the draft values. our job would be only the copying of b+d values .....
about acuracy,lets hope to show up someone that realy knows whats going on with draft values.
ps:you said that you have set the values for all ships based on TMT mod? where is this?

rs77
07-23-09, 05:17 AM
I did too much things at once and I'm afraid it's total mess ;)

- took 'Sea' folder with TMT enabled
- added B&D ships that you left over
- edited .sim files - corrected some displacements and moved all mass values to displacement
- edited .cfg files - corrected some displacements and all draft values

I don't like it at all and won't be sharing this because it won't be useful and may introduce strange bugs, right now I can't even say for sure what I did there ;) sometimes I'm too chaotic :D

I'd say that you don't want this crap anyway :D

makman94
07-23-09, 05:24 AM
I did too much things at once and I'm afraid it's total mess ;)

- took 'Sea' folder with TMT enabled
- added B&D ships that you left over----NO,leave them definitely outside
- edited .sim files - corrected some displacements and moved all mass values to displacement
- edited .cfg files - corrected some displacements and all draft values

I don't like it at all and won't be sharing this because it won't be useful and may introduce strange bugs, right now I can't even say for sure what I did there ;) sometimes I'm too chaotic :D

I'd say that you don't want this crap anyway :D

ok , just check if the original numbers (of draft values in .sim and draft values at .cfgs ) are ALL correct at the .xls file you send me and let me know.:up:

EDIT: BETTER ,ONCE YOU WILL DO THE 'DIRTY' JOB TO CHECK THE NUMBERS(LEAVE THIS....) , COPY THE DRAFT VALUES(ONLY THE DRAFT VALUES....) OF B+D TO TMT'S CFGS AND SEND THEM TO ME. CAN YOU DO THIS ?

Rubini
07-23-09, 10:40 AM
Hi mates,

Makman contacted me by PM to speak about some issues on this matter.

First of all we need to have some goals here:

1. Make the ships sail behaviour "more realistic" (fixing that rubber like effect)
2. Fix all ships that are sinking in bad water
3. Finaly, fining adjust the mast (draught) values on .sim (what is really used by the game engine) and also on .cfg for the player reference. Here is where TMT mod enters

For fix the item 1, the draught values and the neutral buoyance are necessary (mass=displacement, or one of them equal to zero)

For fix the item 2, the ideal fix will be on .zon (zones box) for those few ships that have problems. Adjusting only the mass/displacement/draught could solve partially the problem but it will introduce a very bad sail behaviour on those ships.

For fix the item 3 we need first finish the fix for both items above and them finally copy all necessary values to the .cfg.

About the issue where the draught is zero, I just can say that when i found one i just left it as it was. Probably a forgotten bug by devs or by some modded ships, I really don't know. Perhaps some tests could be done and then also adjust these values. Anyhow, the real solution/trick for all sinking ships at bad wheater/water is on the .zon files, not on the .sim, unless some absurd values on .sim were found. I suggest to contact ref (from GWX team), he is really the man on this .zon matter.

Cheers,

Rubini.

makman94
07-23-09, 11:00 AM
Hi mates,

Makman contact me by PM to speak about some issues on this matter.

First of all we need to have some goals here:

1. Make the ships sail behaviour "more realistic" (fixing that rubber like effect)
2. Fix all ships that are sinking in bad water
3. Finaly, fining adjust the mast (draught) values on .sim (what is really used by the game engine) and also on .cfg for the player reference. Here is where TMT mod enters

For fix the item 1, the draught values and the neutral buoyance are necessary (mass=displacement, or one of them equal to zero)

For fix the item 2, the ideal fix will be on .zon (zones box) for those few ships that have problems. Adjusting only the mass/displacement/draught could solve partially the problem but it will introduce a very bad sail behaviour on those ships.

For fix the item 3 we need first finish the fix for both items above and them finally copy all necessary values to the .cfg.

About the issue where the draught is zero, I just can say that when i found one i just left it as it was. Probably a forgotten bug by devs or by some modded ships, I really don't know. Perhaps some tests could be done and then also adjust these values. Anyhow, the real solution/trick for all sinking ships at bad wheater/water is on the .zon files, not on the .sim, unless some absurd values on .sim were found. I suggest to contact ref (from GWX team), he is really the man on this .zon matter.

Cheers,

Rubini.

hello Rubini,
for 1 : i think that we are ok with this ( b+d mod is exactly this or i misunderstand?)

for 2: we have problem ONLY with two ships,all the others are ok.can you look at these two please and see if you can fix them ? the ideal would be to make a fix without changing their current height above the water

for 3: i didn't get your point with the ships with draught=0.when you say that you didn't touch them that means that we can use the draught value that is showing at cfgs? (assuming that is an accurate one)

Rubini
07-23-09, 02:58 PM
Ok. I replied you by PM. I will look at the files in the weekend and will post here my finds, tests and ideas on the matter.:up:

See you guys!

rs77
07-23-09, 03:39 PM
ok , just check if the original numbers (of draft values in .sim and draft values at .cfgs ) are ALL correct at the .xls file you send me and let me know.:up:

EDIT: BETTER ,ONCE YOU WILL DO THE 'DIRTY' JOB TO CHECK THE NUMBERS(LEAVE THIS....) , COPY THE DRAFT VALUES(ONLY THE DRAFT VALUES....) OF B+D TO TMT'S CFGS AND SEND THEM TO ME. CAN YOU DO THIS ?

the values in .xls doesn't really matter, it is just comparison of draught in .sim and .cfg in stock GWX3.0, and the proof that they should be the same, which in fact is kinda obvious ;)

well I just finished ;) I did exactly what you asked for

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2tjigigzmk/TMT mod.7z

it's TMT mod with values of draught from .sim files written to .cfg files, so now we should have proper values in recognition manual - I rounded up values to one decimal point (e.g. 10.2 instead of 10.18) because it doesn't make sense to give better precision in recognition manual

I also added .cfg for ships that come without it in your mod (e.g. german naval ships), if you think that it's not neccesary you can discard them of course

of course you can use it, release it in next version or whatever you like to do with it
it's all for the better game and community :up:

makman94
07-23-09, 10:33 PM
the values in .xls doesn't really matter, it is just comparison of draught in .sim and .cfg in stock GWX3.0, and the proof that they should be the same, which in fact is kinda obvious ;)

well I just finished ;) I did exactly what you asked for

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2tjigigzmk/TMT mod.7z

it's TMT mod with values of draught from .sim files written to .cfg files, so now we should have proper values in recognition manual - I rounded up values to one decimal point (e.g. 10.2 instead of 10.18) because it doesn't make sense to give better precision in recognition manual

I also added .cfg for ships that come without it in your mod (e.g. german naval ships), if you think that it's not neccesary you can discard them of course

of course you can use it, release it in next version or whatever you like to do with it
it's all for the better game and community :up:

Well done Rs77 ! :up:
REALY well done ! (as far i had checked them are ok ! do one more check you too please ! )

now , when Rubini look at the problem with the ships (this weekend) and give me the .sim files for them and find what to do with ships that have draught=0 ,
it will be realeased the 'TMT mod-v2' which will include also the correction to Averoff's length and the new draught values (many thanks again to Rs77)
and many thanks also to Rubini :up:
bye

makman94
07-23-09, 11:06 PM
(like the 'bad' girl...nobody wants it as girlfriend BUT everybody wants it to....)

:haha: :har: :rotfl: that was completely unexpected!

don't tell me that you are shocked OLC !!
there are many boys in the forum ! :up:

rs77
07-24-09, 02:42 AM
makman,

I checked those draughts once again to be sure , of course some minor tweaks needed to be done ;) (few values rounded up, one corrected by 0,1m, added .0 for values without decimal point, etc.)

update:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jn2mz3znzy/TMT mod (update).7z

:salute:

makman94
07-24-09, 08:25 AM
makman,

I checked those draughts once again to be sure , of course some minor tweaks needed to be done ;) (few values rounded up, one corrected by 0,1m, added .0 for values without decimal point, etc.)

update:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jn2mz3znzy/TMT mod (update).7z

all right Rs77 ! :up: i saw all the draught values and we are ok (the .0 is produced by the game even if you don't put it)
we are done with this,now Rubini is turning the wheel .when having results for .sim files will continue with this.
well done Rs77 !
thank you very much :up:

rs77
07-24-09, 09:01 AM
that's no problem at all :up:

did you try to put some torps just under the keel of some vessels to see if it's done the right way ?

you know, calm sea, stationary target, recog says the ship's draught is x meters, put the torp at x and a half meter and see if it's going just a little under the keel

can't wait to see TMT v2 :salute:

makman94
07-24-09, 10:14 AM
ok , i shot one ! its the Anson .now take a good look at pictures (although is difficult to capture the screen) and make your guesses on how deeper from hull this torp is running . later i will post the view from the peri (where is shown the draft value of Anson and the depth set of torp):
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/topr1.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/torp2.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/torp3.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/torp4.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/torp5.jpg

here is the answer :

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh372/makman94/anson.jpg

rs77
07-24-09, 02:43 PM
COOOL :D

sink'em all :arrgh!:

Rubini
07-24-09, 07:06 PM
Hi mates,

Just before I go to my alone retired weekend in the mountains, itīs cold and rainning alot here (my family is in vacancy in another place)...with a laptop and some essential files...:88):DL please show me what are the ships that are sinking in bad water and also any other relevant comment that could help. For example what are the ships that have draught=0 on GWX/TMT mod?

rs77
07-25-09, 02:30 AM
Hi, I have to be quick ;)

Rubini take a look at this
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmjm42cnzfl/GWX.xls

it's table of values taken from GWX3.0, .sim and .cfg draughts and displacements are included, you can easily find ships that have draught = 0 in their .sim file

regards

makman94
07-25-09, 03:11 AM
Hi mates,

Just before I go to my alone retired weekend in the mountains, itīs cold and rainning alot here (my family is in vacancy in another place)...with a laptop and some essential files...:88):DL please show me what are the ships that are sinking in bad water and also any other relevant comment that could help. For example what are the ships that have draught=0 on GWX/TMT mod?

hello Rubini,here is the data you asked:

1. the 'problematic' ships(sinking) are the NLPL (ocean liner) and the NLST (landing ship tank )
2. about ships with draught=0:
as Rs77 said in the above post you will see which ones are in his .xls file
BUT DON'T BOTHER WITH ALL OF THEM!
we need to find an acurate (as possible) draught value in order to write this value to the .cfg of these ships.
spend your time only for the NAMS , cumberland ,devonshire , norfolk , p26b , pr26 , bourrasque , type 7y and NPRT
note: you will see some others in there with draught=0...these are only germans so no need to find a good draght value for them.also you will see Averof's draught=0 but don't bother with this either becuase Averoff actually has a draught value (probably it was a mistake of Rs77 when copying the values to the .xls file)

bye

Rubini
07-26-09, 05:42 PM
Hi mates,

I arrive again at my house one hour ago. Before leave I tried to contact skwasjer (S3D) and asked him to give me a beta copy of S3D that have zones edition feature...but he also donīt have more access to his PC by personal problems. I canīt do anything on that problematic ships or even find the correct draught (when it uses the 3D model info) without this version of S3D. Somebody have it? (skwasjer give it for some beta testers some months ago...)
By the way, any guy that have some 3D software knowledge will be ok to read the correct draught form the 3D model. As I already said for makman I also donīt have any of these tools installed on my Pc (even SH3/4) since some time ago. So, I need this version of S3D...:hmmm:

makman94
07-27-09, 01:45 AM
Hi mates,

I arrive again at my house one hour ago. Before leave I tried to contact skwasjer (S3D) and asked him to give me a beta copy of S3D that have zones edition feature...but he also donīt have more access to his PC by personal problems. I canīt do anything on that problematic ships or even find the correct draught (when it uses the 3D model info) without this version of S3D. Somebody have it? (skwasjer give it for some beta testers some months ago...)
By the way, any guy that have some 3D software knowledge will be ok to read the correct draught form the 3D model. As I already said for makman I also donīt have any of these tools installed on my Pc (even SH3/4) since some time ago. So, I need this version of S3D...:hmmm:

Hello Rubini,

lets hope this version of s3d to be found for you....

have a nice day

rs77
07-27-09, 01:48 AM
skwasjer is going to share this version soon :up:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=153857&page=2

I must admit that this tool is awesome :o

makman94
07-27-09, 01:54 AM
I must admit that this tool is awesome :o

not only....awesome Rs77 . its THE tool !! :up:

WeeBubba
07-28-09, 05:39 AM
should i allow this mod to overwrite rubini's rocket fix, or merge them somehow?

thanks

makman94
07-28-09, 09:25 AM
should i allow this mod to overwrite rubini's rocket fix, or merge them somehow?

thanks

the only file that is conflicting is illustrious.cgf.

do this:

1.copy and paste to your desktop the rocket fix's illustrious.cfg
2.open it and change the mast=42.5 to mast=41.8
3.replace TMT's illustrious .cfg with the one that you just edited
4.enable first the rocket fix and then the TMT mod

ps:jsgme will warn you again but don't worry anymore,go ahead !

tomfon
07-28-09, 01:43 PM
Thanks a lot, makman!

:up: :yeah: :up:

WeeBubba
07-30-09, 04:29 AM

do this:

thanks for this, will do

rs77
07-31-09, 04:53 AM
what this mode really does ?

apply Rubini's draught mod -> ships in game are deeper in the water -> their masts are shorter -> recognition manual gives you wrong value of the mast length

TMT fixes mast length values in recognition manual so they are more correct now -> your range finding becomes more accurate

TMT does not affect range finding procedure of OLCG2, it just allows you to achieve more accurate range values :up:

it also fixes length of the ships in recognition manual so AOB finding is more accurate too

rs77
07-31-09, 05:15 AM
look at post #22 written by makman about red lines

the value you are looking at above ship's picture is the one that was corrected by TMT

rs77
07-31-09, 05:31 AM
right, and the value is close to real in-game mast height :up:

h.sie
08-04-09, 12:41 PM
hi makman,

are the AOTD-Ships which come with bigboywoolys St.Naz-Schleuse-ShipsV4 mod already considered in your TMT mod? if not: do you plan to integrate them?

i ask because i plan to create a new Thomsens-Ships mod based on your TMT, if you allow me to do that.

h.sie

NGT
08-04-09, 04:50 PM
hi makman,

are the AOTD-Ships which come with bigboywoolys St.Naz-Schleuse-ShipsV4 mod already considered in your TMT mod? if not: do you plan to integrate them?

i ask because i plan to create a new Thomsens-Ships mod based on your TMT, if you allow me to do that.

h.sie

Hello h.sie

No, the ships of this optional mod are not included inside TMT.

Best regards:salute:

makman94
08-05-09, 03:23 AM
hi makman,

h.sie

hello H.sie,

the AOTD-Ships are not inside 'TMT' . You can see all the ships that are adjusted by 'TMT' if you open the files of TMT

you have pm

bye

rs77
08-14-09, 06:29 AM
isn't this 'sinking' controlled by 'submerged depth' in .sim files ?

maybe for the barges surfaced depth is deeper than submerged depth with B&D ?

EDIT: just checked and the answer is NO, surfaced draught is 2,9 and submerged draught is 6,5

well it's just a 'wild' guess ;)

h.sie
08-17-09, 06:21 AM
hello, i have a question,

is TMT mod needed for range-finding using the stock-sh3 range finding tool (stadimeter)?

thanks,
h.sie

tomfon
08-17-09, 02:19 PM

is TMT mod needed for range-finding using the stock-sh3 range finding tool (stadimeter)?

thanks,
h.sie

Well, this mod corrects the values of the masts and also the length of every ship included in GWX3 so i'd say that your measurements will be probably much more accurate. How much accurate exactly i do not know but it seems that makman and NGT did an excellent job. Its all about accuracy. Now, if you need it you ask. Hmm, well, thats your call h.sie.:yep: :03:

makman94
08-17-09, 04:15 PM

thanks,
h.sie

hello H.sie,

TMT mod is needed for whatever method you may use to find range ( either this is stadimeter or...u-jagd )

about the stadimeter: the stadimeter is taking tha mast value (as data) from .cfg files.if this value is not correct then the same is the....range!

bye

Well, this mod corrects the values of the masts and also the length of every ship included in GWX3 so i'd say that your measurements will be probably much more accurate. How much accurate exactly i do not know but it seems that makman and NGT did an excellent job. Its all about accuracy. Now, if you need it you ask. Hmm, well, thats your call h.sie.:yep: :03:

Hello Tomfon,

the accuracy is about + - 40 m but this depends of how far the target is (the shorter distance the less fault) i have measure ship at about 7000m with 20 m fault (look here: where is the center ? (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149968&highlight=where+is+the+center+%3F) at post 21) but there is a limitation when target is too far and this is the pixel by pixel movement of stadimeter !

bye

Mordakai
08-17-09, 07:26 PM

do this:

Shouldnt you enable TMT first and then rocket fix, that way you dont lose
the new data for Airgroup 3?

makman94
08-18-09, 05:55 AM

Shouldnt you enable TMT first and then rocket fix, that way you dont lose
the new data for Airgroup 3?

hello Mordakai,

no, the procedure i wrote is correct.you must enable first the 'rocket fix' and then the TMT(we are making 'TMT' compatible with 'rocket fix'). at step 2 you are editing the ROCKET FIX's .cfg and at step 3 you put THIS (the edited) inside TMT so you don't 'lose' anything.in fact is rocket fix's .cfg inside the TMT.
If you want to make the 'rocket fix' compatible with 'TMT' (opposite order) then open its .cfg and do the step 2.after that you can enable first the 'TMT' and then the 'rocket fix'

bye

Mordakai
08-18-09, 10:13 AM
Ohh I misread step 3:nope:. Your putting a modified rocketfix cfg into TMT. I did it the other way round, i guess because it requires less steps:03:.

tomfon
08-18-09, 03:15 PM
the accuracy is about + - 40 m but this depends of how far the target is (the shorter distance the less fault) i have measure ship at about 7000m with 20 m fault (look here: where is the center ? (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149968&highlight=where+is+the+center+%3F) at post 21) but there is a limitation when target is too far and this is the pixel by pixel movement of stadimeter !

Fair enough. It seems that a margin of error +/- 40 meters is more than acceptable. After all, correct data should give almost perfect solutions which in turn, up to some point (i.e. distance from target), shouldn't be affected by errors included in the measurement of the distance.
I'm starting to think that this mod is making my firing solutions "too perfect" for a simulator...:haha: Hmm, on the other hand, if this is true, then its not the TMT responsible for this behaviour since its true that quite a few players playing with manual targetting on, scored high tonnages long before TMT was released. :hmmm:

Anyway, its a fine mod. :up:

makman94
08-18-09, 06:36 PM
Fair enough. It seems that a margin of error +/- 40 meters is more than acceptable. After all, correct data should give almost perfect solutions which in turn, up to some point (i.e. distance from target), shouldn't be affected by errors included in the measurement of the distance.
I'm starting to think that this mod is making my firing solutions "too perfect" for a simulator...:haha: Hmm, on the other hand, if this is true, then its not the TMT responsible for this behaviour since its true that quite a few players playing with manual targetting on, scored high tonnages long before TMT was released. :hmmm:

Anyway, its a fine mod. :up:

finding the right distance was never an easy ...task! not even with TMT. the TMT is not 'killing' the gameplay....
when sea is not calm the great task is to 'find' the waterline and this will 'come' to you only with a lot of ...practising.if you do it right....the TMT will give you the prize! at the extreme weather situation with wind 14-15m/sec is almost imposimple to catch the waterline (before TMT you could score hits becuase the difference in range was constant so you had a course which was parallel to the true course.)
when sea is calm ....with TMT you don't miss

bye

tomfon
08-19-09, 03:28 AM
finding the right distance was never an easy ...task! not even with TMT. the TMT is not 'killing' the gameplay....

I agree, the mod does not kill the gameplay and it doesn't make range finding easier.

at the extreme weather situation with wind 14-15m/sec is almost imposimple to catch the waterline

I play with the "No Stabilize View" option unchecked so the only problem when i want to lock the peri to a ship is the height of the waves. If the weather is bad then its very difficult to maintain visual contact with the target and the task of coming up with a descent solution becomes too heavy (and frustrating!).

bybyx
08-22-09, 12:29 PM
It is possible to make TMT compatible with Thomsen ships 4.1?

makman94
08-22-09, 03:35 PM
It is possible to make TMT compatible with Thomsen ships 4.1?

hello Bybyx,

no, these mods are tottaly incompatible...

Rubini
08-22-09, 05:40 PM
Hi makman,

I had some free time today and fixed that NLPL, NLST and NGRA. I will send the files to you in an hour.

Cheers,

Rubini.

Edited:
PM sent with the link and ALL the problematic ships fixed.:up:

bybyx
08-23-09, 04:57 AM
hello Bybyx,

no, these mods are tottaly incompatible...

My skills at modding are zero but:cry: please try to explain why aren't compatible:88)
It was good to have the Thomsen ships mod because it was something very close to the real thing

Thanks!:salute:

makman94
08-23-09, 06:33 AM
Hi makman,

I had some free time today and fixed that NLPL, NLST and NGRA. I will send the files to you in an hour.

Cheers,

Rubini.

Edited:
PM sent with the link and ALL the problematic ships fixed.:up:

i got the files Rubini ! a big thank to you sir !! :up:
now i think that we are entering the final part of completing the TMT v2 .a few more ships had left ....:yeah:

have a nice day

makman94
08-23-09, 06:35 AM
My skills at modding are zero but:cry: please try to explain why aren't compatible:88)
It was good to have the Thomsen ships mod because it was something very close to the real thing

Thanks!:salute:

Bybyx,they are incompatible becuase they are using the same files that are responsible for the ships's behaviour ( these are the .sim files)

makman94
08-23-09, 06:43 AM
H.sie, i think that you have made a tool that is changing the values at .sims for all ships ,right ?
as , i like too , the aceleration-decelaration ,turning of Thomsen ships can you tell me which values are altered for the above stuff (aceleration - decelaration ,turning ) ??

can you take the 'TMT mod' and import these values (i guess for the engine and rudder values only ---don't import especialy the gc values or any other values ) in order to make a test version to see how it will go ?
what do you think ?

bye

h.sie
08-23-09, 10:18 AM
i tested a ship with 1% of its original eng_power and sound did not reduce.

a problem could be gc_height=0.1 setting from thomsen which perhaps changes draught. but it is not necessary for acceleration and maneuverability

Rubini
08-23-09, 10:51 AM
GC center will not change draught, but itīs sailing and sinking behaviour. The more high the GC center more "rubber like" movement into water, also more variation on sink way (less plain sink, the ship will sink more by itīs bow/stern). Another way to change sail behaviour is changing its surfaced drag: more near 1.0, less rubber like effect.

A good deeper draugth (but not so much to avoid expontaneous sink), and some adjust on surfaced drag will be enough to we have a good sailing behaviour (more "heavy" feeling and less "rubber like" effect). The GC center can then be adjusted in the end (or just left it as it is on B+D mod or even with GWX original values)

Also notice that the more high waves used (stock, the better for the SH3 fake physics is 256) then more annoying is the sailing behaviour at bad weather (wind at 12 to 15m/s). I always suggest to use stock waves, we already have that weather bug where the wind frequently stop at 15m/s which donīt allow we really play the game anyway....

makman94
08-23-09, 06:14 PM
i tested a ship with 1% of its original eng_power and sound did not reduce.

a problem could be gc_height=0.1 setting from thomsen which perhaps changes draught. but it is not necessary for acceleration and maneuverability
hello H.sie,
at Thomsen ships the eng_power is reduced only by 1% ? also what other values are involved with the agility-manuverability of the ship ?

GC center will not change draught, but itīs sailing and sinking behaviour. The more high the GC center more "rubber like" movement into water, also more variation on sink way (less plain sink, the ship will sink more by itīs bow/stern). Another way to change sail behaviour is changing its surfaced drag: more near 1.0, less rubber like effect.

A good deeper draugth (but not so much to avoid expontaneous sink), and some adjust on surfaced drag will be enough to we have a good sailing behaviour (more "heavy" feeling and less "rubber like" effect). The GC center can then be adjusted in the end (or just left it as it is on B+D mod or even with GWX original values)

Also notice that the more high waves used (stock, the better for the SH3 fake physics is 256) then more annoying is the sailing behaviour at bad weather (wind at 12 to 15m/s). I always suggest to use stock waves, we already have that weather bug where the wind frequently stop at 15m/s which donīt allow we really play the game anyway....

hello Rubini,

i tested the new .sim for the tramp streamer (the others ...not yet ) and all i can say is that you have ''magic'' hands !!! it is absolutely ... wonderfull now !!

about the waves : i also have notice this problem long time now . note that all ships are now testing at gwx-16 km atmosphere (the one that come with gwx3) ,for other enviroments .... (that change the waves height --to bigger--or tweaking waves's behaviour ) ...would be no guarantees

after the 'TMT v2' i will release an update for 'M.E.P. v1.1' (the ships are also testing with my environment) in which i will reduce a little bit the waves's height at wind 12-15 m/sec .don't worry, the eye don't 'catch' the difference on waves's height and i can confirm Rubini's words that sh3's engine is handling much better the ships on lower waves at 12-15 m/sec

Rubini
08-23-09, 09:11 PM
GWX sensors are adjusted for its "big waves" environment...but I can asure you that this isnīt noticiable even when using stock waves environment. So, look at this when you make some tests. (This is more noticiable exactly in 16km environment)

As a botton line, itīs clear that some weather states with big waves is a desired thing, in RL we have them. But the problem is that, like I said, sh3 fake physics donīt handling the ship sail behaviour well when using big waves and so on.

h.sie
08-24-09, 02:25 AM
Hi makman,

no. In Thomsens mod V4.1, eng_power is set to 30% of its original value, but I set it to 1% only for testing purposes in order to see clearly, if it affects the ships sound. The sound I heard was the same as with 100% power. But to be 100% sure, it must be tested, that the detection range for hydrophones is also not influenced.

Thomses Ship Mod rules are as follows (for ships with tonnage > 300)

Unit_Ship/Propulsion/eng_power : 30% of original value.
Unit_Ship/Obj_Hydro/gc_height : 0.1
Unit_Ship/Obj_Hydro/Surfaced/drag/LR : 0.75
Unit_Ship/Obj_Hydro/Surfaced/drag/UD : 1.0

MERCHANTS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.02
BATTLESHIPS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.025
DESTROYERS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.03
ESCORTS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.04

I have a program which automatically applies these changes to the sim files in one or two seconds and I offer you to do that job if you plan to add these changes to the TMT.

h.sie

makman94
08-24-09, 04:48 AM
GWX sensors are adjusted for its "big waves" environment...but I can asure you that this isnīt noticiable even when using stock waves environment. So, look at this when you make some tests. (This is more noticiable exactly in 16km environment)

As a botton line, itīs clear that some weather states with big waves is a desired thing, in RL we have them. But the problem is that, like I said, sh3 fake physics donīt handling the ship sail behaviour well when using big waves and so on.

the TMT v2 is building based on gwx-16 km atmosphere (i have made no changes at all ) so no need for sensor's testing

i said that i will release an update to 'M.E.P. v1.1' becuase i like better the ships's behaviour on lower waves on 12-15 m/sec but this will be optional .the TMT v2 will be fine with either both of M.E.P. v1.1 or M.E.P. V1.1 updated (of course i will made that tests first for the sensors )

good day to you, Rubini

makman94
08-24-09, 04:59 AM
Hi makman,

no. In Thomsens mod V4.1, eng_power is set to 30% of its original value, but I set it to 1% only for testing purposes in order to see clearly, if it affects the ships sound. The sound I heard was the same as with 100% power. But to be 100% sure, it must be tested, that the detection range for hydrophones is also not influenced.

Thomses Ship Mod rules are as follows (for ships with tonnage > 300)

Unit_Ship/Propulsion/eng_power : 30% of original value.
Unit_Ship/Obj_Hydro/gc_height : 0.1
Unit_Ship/Obj_Hydro/Surfaced/drag/LR : 0.75
Unit_Ship/Obj_Hydro/Surfaced/drag/UD : 1.0

MERCHANTS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.02
BATTLESHIPS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.025
DESTROYERS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.03
ESCORTS: Unit_Ship/Rudders/drag : 0.04

I have a program which automatically applies these changes to the sim files in one or two seconds and I offer you to do that job if you plan to add these changes to the TMT.

h.sie

good morning H.sie ,
i understand you now (i had misunderstand this 1% on my previous post) .
as we are talking for engine sound ,i want to tell you that by this i mean if the hydro ranges are effected by the reduce on Unit_Ship/Propulsion/eng_power's values and not the sound of engine that our ear hears when for example use the free camera
also i made a little test : i set in one ship 1% on his engine power and put it in mission with one other unedited ,setting the speed to both of them at 6 knots . the edited ship didn't make 6 knots but less (the unedited was doing 6 knots) so i suppose that there will be problems on campaigns .
now that i know the values that are responsible for that i will send a pm to Kpt Lehman to have his opinion on this

thank you for your tool and your will to help here :up:,we will come back at this after the release of 'TMT v2' and see what can be done in order to have 'TMT v2-optionals'

bye

DeadlyWolf
08-25-09, 04:47 AM
Hi makman, I'm just preparing to start a new campaign with stock SH3+GWX (16km enabled) :)

I intend to play as high as possible in regards to the % of realism, so I thought your mod could be useful:)

I read some of the pages and found out there's a new version incoming..could you please summarize the shortcomings of the actual version?
Thx:salute:

makman94
08-25-09, 05:32 AM
Hi makman, I'm just preparing to start a new campaign with stock SH3+GWX (16km enabled) :)

I intend to play as high as possible in regards to the % of realism, so I thought your mod could be useful:)

I read some of the pages and found out there's a new version incoming..could you please summarize the shortcomings of the actual version?
Thx:salute:

Hello DeadlyWolf,

1. some ships are sinking (not many,still ''scaning'' to discover all of them) becuase the b+d mod is putting ships deeper in water
2. the DRAFT values on .cfgs are not correct

And with the new version all ships will have a more real ( heavy ) sailing

DeadlyWolf
08-25-09, 06:03 AM
Understood, thx.
I'll eagerly await for the new version, then. :DL

makman94
08-26-09, 01:55 AM
hello ,

does anybody know if the submerged drag values must 'match' with surfaced drag values ???

and one more : does the submerged drag values effecting the ship's sailing ??

Graf Paper
08-26-09, 08:42 AM
Submerged Drag does affect the underwater speed of the u-boat. I'm not sure if it affects turning, surfacing and diving.

One example: A u-boat equipped with a deck gun has a higher submerged drag value than it does with the deck gun removed. This means that the same u-boat can be 1 or 2 knots faster underwater without the deck gun.

makman94
08-27-09, 01:34 AM
Submerged Drag does affect the underwater speed of the u-boat. I'm not sure if it affects turning, surfacing and diving.

One example: A u-boat equipped with a deck gun has a higher submerged drag value than it does with the deck gun removed. This means that the same u-boat can be 1 or 2 knots faster underwater without the deck gun.

Hello Graf Paper ,

the questions where about submerged drag values of SHIPS not ...subs. anyway,thank you for the reply :up:

the 'TMT v2' is ready ! i will need one ,maybe two beta testers .anyone volunteer ?

DeadlyWolf
08-27-09, 09:43 AM
Great! :DL
I was just awaiting this, before starting my new campaign.

And just out of curiosity:

And with the new version all ships will have a more real ( heavy ) sailing
What does it mean in terms of the ships behaviour? I assume it will be more difficult for them to decrease speed, to accelerate, and maybe to turn?

Also: why these adjustments on the ships drafts (made by Rubini, if I'm correct)? They're closer to reality?

bye:salute:

makman94
08-27-09, 08:55 PM
What does it mean in terms of the ships behaviour? I assume it will be more difficult for them to decrease speed, to accelerate, and maybe to turn?
no, the ability of ships to acceleration-decelaration-turning is ''untouched'' becuase its not clear yet if these tweaks 'break' or not something else in the game
the 'TMT v2' is altering ship's 'movements' by its own axises (left-right and up-down) giving them a much more 'heavy' looking sailing.this idea belongs to Phillip Thomsen

Also: why these adjustments on the ships drafts (made by Rubini, if I'm correct)? They're closer to reality?

these adjustments (and the aboves ones ) are made in order the ships to stop 'dancing' on the big waves .it was a little bit 'strange' to see tones of steel to have the behaviour of a leaf on water (or ,even worst, to... 'fly' on big waves)

DeadlyWolf
08-30-09, 02:52 PM
Some "last hour" problem?:DL

Btw in the meantime I've just seen your tutorials on manual targeting and hydrophone hunting. Really interesting, although I need to examine the hydrophone strategy deeper:)

makman94
08-30-09, 03:12 PM
Some "last hour" problem?:DL

Btw in the meantime I've just seen your tutorials on manual targeting and hydrophone hunting. Really interesting, although I need to examine the hydrophone strategy deeper:)

it will be released in a minute :DL (some final finings took place)

the bad thing with the tutorials is that they don't have sound but i think that you will understand them :up:

DeadlyWolf
08-30-09, 03:22 PM
it will be released in a minute :DL (some final finings took place)

the bad thing with the tutorials is that they don't have sound but i think that you will understand them :up:
N1.

My first sinking this evening will be dedicated to you:DL

(Provided I can sink one ship at 100% realismhttp://gaming.ngi.it/images/ngismiles/asd.gif)

makman94
08-30-09, 03:34 PM
TMT v2 is released !
check the first post,is updated !

enjoy it,

Makman94

Rubini
08-30-09, 05:50 PM
Great work makman!:up:
More one must have mod in few days.
Sh3 never dies, no?:DL
We yet have so much time before SH5, then let's sink them all!

makman94
08-30-09, 06:08 PM
Great work makman!:up:
More one must have mod in few days.
Sh3 never dies, no?:DL
We yet have so much time before SH5, then let's sink them all!

sh3 had never a real opponent Rubini ! but now,with the incoming sh5 , i am afraid that this new challenger will be very .... powerfull !!
thank you for the gruts Rubini ! you know that your words are value for me ! :up:

tomfon
08-31-09, 05:32 AM
Well done, makman. Thank you for the time you spent on this mod and for all of your efforts.:up:

makman94
08-31-09, 05:34 AM
Well done, makman. Thank you for the time you spent on this mod and for all your efforts.:up:

thank you too Tomfon :up:

java`s revenge
08-31-09, 12:28 PM
Is it me or? I only see the First TMT mod on your page...:-?

SquareSteelBar
09-01-09, 01:24 AM
Is it me or? I only see the First TMT mod on your page...:-?Maybe you have to clear your browser's cache...

Graf Paper
09-01-09, 03:36 AM
Excellent work makman! :yeah:

Now it just might be possible for me to learn manual targeting without missing 90% of the time. :roll:

I have to say that what makes this mod so exceptional is the dedication you've shown in fixing an issue that has been dogging kaleuns for years. Sometimes a problem is considered too big to fix but you stepped forward, like David going against Goliath, and never faltered. Bravo! :up:

This one is definitely a permanent addition to my "GWX patches and bugfixes" folder.

java`s revenge
09-01-09, 11:22 AM
I have cleared the cache. I don`t see the TMT v2 mod on
subsim or marksman`s filefront.

makman94
09-01-09, 11:45 AM
Excellent work makman! :yeah:

Now it just might be possible for me to learn manual targeting without missing 90% of the time. :roll:

I have to say that what makes this mod so exceptional is the dedication you've shown in fixing an issue that has been dogging kaleuns for years. Sometimes a problem is considered too big to fix but you stepped forward, like David going against Goliath, and never faltered. Bravo! :up:

This one is definitely a permanent addition to my "GWX patches and bugfixes" folder.

THANK YOU GRAF PAPER ! :up:
it is really very nice to see that some people have realize the ammount of work that is 'behind' this mod and ,at the same time, it is really dissapointing that some people don't even respect that ...
sad but true.....sometimes....nicknames becomes more important than ....the mods

enjoy the manual targeting Graf....for this is all about ! :up:

makman94
09-01-09, 11:48 AM
subsim or marksman`s filefront.

Java is there ! go to subsim's downloads --->sh3--->gameplay mods

SquareSteelBar
09-01-09, 12:27 PM
subsim or marksman`s filefront.http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//downloads.php?do=file&id=1317

java`s revenge
09-01-09, 01:00 PM
Thank you very much for the downloadlink :up:

It`s (too) often that you have to search for a downloadlink.

rs77
09-02-09, 01:48 AM
Hi,

With the kind permissions of HanSolo and makman I'm currently working on adding Enhanced Funnel Smoke to TMT v 2 mod.

You can read the details on EFS here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145743&highlight=enhanced+funnel+smoke

and here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134024

In addition to HanSolo's EFS my version makes the funnel smoke dependant on vessel's speed (so there's less smoke when particular ship is going at slow speed, and more smoke when engines are working hard at high speed)

You can see examples down below:

1. warship old smoke

AVEROFF going slow:
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/f988d554e02edc95133a7621c5de070f2g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=wiylymjujey&thumb=5)

AVEROFF at max speed:
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/d448b49c56e22a98fac8ea27b8fcf3462g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=g2mjzecm0yy&thumb=5)

2. heavy warship smoke:

ANSON going slow:
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/0c7eedbe23b5d38dee73e1500c0fda512g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mmjgnqtgmcm&thumb=5)

ANSON at ~15 knots:
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/af56cc5168fd392784e73d23e2c98a952g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=umjyrmzw2md&thumb=5)

I will try to finish this soon :salute:

tomfon
09-02-09, 02:03 AM
Hi rs77. Its looking really good. :yep:

May i ask if your mod will affect all GWX ships?

rs77
09-02-09, 02:24 AM
Hi,

EFS mod works like this:
- there's particles_funnelsmoke.dat - with the definition of different smokes
- in the .sim file for each ship you need to replace smoke ID with the appropriate smoke ID from particles_funnelsmoke.dat

TMT v2 modifies .sim files, they will be additionally modified by changing smoke ID, so you can't have EFS without TMT v2, unless someone does the job with original unmodded GWX 3.0 .sim files for each ship. This is quite easy and there's step-by-step manual by HanSolo.

Of course my final version of particles_funnelsmoke.dat will also be free to use on your own with any ships you want :up:

makman94
09-02-09, 02:55 AM
RS77 , all i can say is that your first mod would be absolutelly beatyfull !! :up:

tomfon
09-02-09, 04:06 AM
Hi,

EFS mod works like this:
- there's particles_funnelsmoke.dat - with the definition of different smokes
- in the .sim file for each ship you need to replace smoke ID with the appropriate smoke ID from particles_funnelsmoke.dat

TMT v2 modifies .sim files, they will be additionally modified by changing smoke ID, so you can't have EFS without TMT v2, unless someone does the job with original unmodded GWX 3.0 .sim files for each ship. This is quite easy and there's step-by-step manual by HanSolo.

Of course my final version of particles_funnelsmoke.dat will also be free to use on your own with any ships you want :up:

OK I understand, thanks for the info. TMT+EFS will be a really nice one. :up:

bojan811
09-02-09, 09:46 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//downloads.php?do=file&id=1317

Thanks for the link i could find it on the file font page and on the 1 page of the tread.

markman is this v2 goes on top of the first version or it is the stand alone version?

makman94
09-02-09, 09:59 AM
makman is this v2 goes on top of the first version or it is the stand alone version?...

hello Bojan811,

It is a stand alone mod , disable the previous version and run this new one

bojan811
09-02-09, 11:45 AM
Thanks Makman.

And by the way good job god job indeed.

onelifecrisis
09-17-09, 06:42 PM
Makman, I checked your FF page and it has a 'TMT Mod' but it doesn't have V2 in its name, nor in the readme. Is it V2 or not? Thanks.

makman94
09-17-09, 06:45 PM
Makman, I checked your FF page and it has a 'TMT Mod' but it doesn't have V2 in its name, nor in the readme. Is it V2 or not? Thanks.

hello Olc!
no ,it is not at my ff page (i tried to upload it there but ,for some reason,it didn't show up )
you will find it at subsim's downloads (gameplay mods)

onelifecrisis
09-17-09, 06:47 PM
Aha, great, thanks for the quick reply :D

makman94
09-17-09, 06:49 PM
Aha, great, thanks for the quick reply :D
it was like ....we had a radevou ! just looked the monitor when you post ! i like ...quick replies!

roadhogg
09-20-09, 06:59 AM
Hi makman94 :)

I just read through some of this thread and saw you had a problem with some of the ships sinking.
Did you cure it, and how, and which ships were they?

makman94
09-20-09, 02:00 PM
Hi makman94 :)

I just read through some of this thread and saw you had a problem with some of the ships sinking.
Did you cure it, and how, and which ships were they?

hello Roadhogg,

i can't remember now which exactly were these ships and i can't answer to your question becuase i throwed away my notes! (it was like a 'war' of papers on my desk and i was looking forward for some...clean!)

I didn't ,personally , 'fix' any ship that had the sinking problem.i used the 'fixed' files of sinking ships that RUBINI sent to me, and then i only remeasured them in order to adjust their mast value for the .cfg

after that,during the testings, was found some more ships that also had the sinking problem but i was lucky becuase i remember that all these ships where included in Subtype_Zero's mod.so,i used its files for these ships and ,again, i only remeasured them.

after the testings....no ships were sinking anymore (all ships tested one by one)

roadhogg
09-20-09, 07:23 PM
Hi :)

i was just curious m8, i've been sorting out ships myself recently and thought i might have a look for you if you still had problems.

Glad you got it fixed :up:

makman94
09-21-09, 11:49 AM
Hi :)

i was just curious m8, i've been sorting out ships myself recently and thought i might have a look for you if you still had problems.

Glad you got it fixed :up:

thank you Roadhogg :up:

roadhogg
09-21-09, 02:02 PM
your welcome dude.

In fact i owe YOU some thanks.

Having read through some of your thread i noticed reference to the .sim parameters, so i downloaded it to see if the .sims were compatible.

When i got to the LR and UD drag i remembered an omission i'd made in my mod to limit pitch and roll, which i'd put back to stock to avoid contaminting any other test results for listing behaviour.

If not for your mod i probably wouldn't have remembered it for ages cos i'm now back on the carriers.

I hold my hands up and confess, you did me a favour there.

Thankyou . . . i'll return it some day if i can.

And thank you also for pointing Reece to the cruiser mod.

makman94
09-22-09, 01:40 AM
your welcome dude.

In fact i owe YOU some thanks.

Having read through some of your thread i noticed reference to the .sim parameters, so i downloaded it to see if the .sims were compatible.

When i got to the LR and UD drag i remembered an omission i'd made in my mod to limit pitch and roll, which i'd put back to stock to avoid contaminting any other test results for listing behaviour.

If not for your mod i probably wouldn't have remembered it for ages cos i'm now back on the carriers.

I hold my hands up and confess, you did me a favour there.

Thankyou . . . i'll return it some day if i can.

And thank you also for pointing Reece to the cruiser mod.

thats the purpose of all posts in all threads ,Roadhogg ! Sharing infos or 'discoveries' or ....ideas is the only way for me that drives to sh3's perfection! one step at the time,big or small,( it doesn't matter) is always a result of collected data and research and you know where are these data ...written ! right, at the ...posts!
so, you owe me nothing becuase we are walking the same road ...side by side and i hope to have the same 'dream'....to get the sh3 as perfect as...possible:up:

roadhogg
09-22-09, 04:31 AM
All i've done in my spare time for nearly the last 3 months is test zone and sim file parameters in order to find out exactly what makes a boat float, so i could fix the cruisers and carriers properly and make them realistic.
( still got more testing to do on the max_force and prop_fact relationship though )

Should you need it, you're more than welcome to any knowledge i possess. :up:

Fluffysheap
09-26-09, 12:29 AM
Hi all,
I'm wondering if this mod can be made compatible with the ship changes in the Racerboy's SH4 Effects mod? I see they have a lot of overlapping .sim files but I wonder if there are really any actual incompatibilities, or if I could just put this mod on top of that one and get good results?

I also have GWX 3 Gold, Lifeboats & Debris v4, and Longer Repair Times 2.04, and a couple other minor ones but no conflicting files with any of those, only with SH4 Effects.

makman94
09-26-09, 02:08 AM
Hi all,
I'm wondering if this mod can be made compatible with the ship changes in the Racerboy's SH4 Effects mod? I see they have a lot of overlapping .sim files but I wonder if there are really any actual incompatibilities, or if I could just put this mod on top of that one and get good results?

I also have GWX 3 Gold, Lifeboats & Debris v4, and Longer Repair Times 2.04, and a couple other minor ones but no conflicting files with any of those, only with SH4 Effects.

hello Fluffysheap,

no , these two mod are totally incompatible (as they are now) ! meaning that you can't use both of them !
BUT if you like the fires and explosions of Racerboy (like me) you can copy ONLY the textures of his mod in your textures folder (this is what i have done).believe me,you will not 'lose' much of his work

bye

Uber Gruber
09-27-09, 07:45 AM
@Makman

Can you confirm that Manos Optics-X6 Reversed + Manos Optics Addon + TMTv2 are ALL only for OLCs GUI 127 ?

I ask because I see that you and OLC have been exchanging posts here and am wondering if there's any intention of your mods being avaialble for OLC GUI Gold MkIId (heck thats some mod title!).

EDIT: And where can I download this version of OLCs GUI ? I've looked all over the download section to no avail.

Cheers, UG

onelifecrisis
09-27-09, 09:09 AM
@Makman

Can you confirm that Manos Optics-X6 Reversed + Manos Optics Addon + TMTv2 are ALL only for OLCs GUI 127 ?

I ask because I see that you and OLC have been exchanging posts here and am wondering if there's any intention of your mods being avaialble for OLC GUI Gold MkIId (heck thats some mod title!).

EDIT: And where can I download this version of OLCs GUI ? I've looked all over the download section to no avail.

Cheers, UG

I know that TMT can be used with OLC Gold (I use it).

makman94
09-27-09, 12:08 PM
@Makman

Cheers, UG

''manos optics x6 or x15'' and ''manos optics-add on'' are made ONLY for use with Olc's gui 127 (for more info check here:[REL]Manos Optics-Final (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151912&highlight=manos+optics) ). you CAN'T use them with OLC gold becuase they are built on Olc's gui 127's menu_ini
''TMT v2'' is a stand alone mod for gwx3 so you can use it anytime you want (on a gwx3 version of sh3)

you can find OLC GUI 127 here: http://www.filefront.com/user/maik01
(scroll a little bit down the page and you will see it )
bye

Uber Gruber
09-27-09, 02:05 PM
Many thanks for the confirmation Makman, oh and the link to OLC 127. Looking forward to giving this a try when i've finished my curent patrol:up:

LGN1
10-02-09, 12:07 PM
Hi makman94 or rs77,

could you please tell me all the ships which use the new particles_funnelsmoke.dat in their sim files? The reason why I ask is because Iambecomelife's Merchant Fleet Mod also adds a new particles_funnelsmoke.dat file and I would like to know/check the compatability of the two mods. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers, LGN1

makman94
10-02-09, 04:01 PM
Hi makman94 or rs77,

could you please tell me all the ships which use the new particles_funnelsmoke.dat in their sim files? The reason why I ask is because Iambecomelife's Merchant Fleet Mod also adds a new particles_funnelsmoke.dat file and I would like to know/check the compatability of the two mods. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers, LGN1
hello LGN1,

only lc_mal and lc_mtl are using the particles_funnelsmoke.dat (and maybe more that only Rs77 knows). but don't hurry yourself becuase i have in my hands a version of ''TMT v2'' in which ALL ships are using the particles_funnelsmoke.dat .this is a project of Rs77 and maybe he wants to make some additional changes thats why he hasn't release it yet. so be patient or send him a pm

bye

LGN1
10-02-09, 04:15 PM
Hi makman94,

thanks for the reply :up: I wrote rs77 a pm.

Cheers, LGN1

berobispo
10-10-09, 10:53 AM
Hi makman!

thanks a lot for TMTv2, two questions though:

1. I use OLC GUI 1.2.7 with double mast values, JSGME asks me whether I want to enable doublemastvalues, because it overwrites some (only some!) files of TMTv2. I have always said yes, is this the right procedure?

2. After disabling OLC for testing purposes and re-enabling it, JSGME didn't ask me anymore if I wanted to use doublemastvalues (as described above). is this because JSGME (v.2.3.0) memorized my previous yes or did something go wrong?

Thanks!

makman94
10-10-09, 11:34 AM
Hi makman!

thanks a lot for TMTv2, two questions though:

1. I use OLC GUI 1.2.7 with double mast values, JSGME asks me whether I want to enable doublemastvalues, because it overwrites some (only some!) files of TMTv2. I have always said yes, is this the right procedure?

2. After disabling OLC for testing purposes and re-enabling it, JSGME didn't ask me anymore if I wanted to use doublemastvalues (as described above). is this because JSGME (v.2.3.0) memorized my previous yes or did something go wrong?

Thanks!

hello Berobispo,
no,you will not use the doublemastvalues.
1.disable both mods and delete the olc gui 127 (i don't know what doublemasttool.exe does exactly in the files of 127,never used it)
2.reinstall the olc gui but DON'T run the doublemasttool.exe
3.open the files of olc gui and replace the AOBFOuterDisc.tga with this one : http://rapidshare.com/files/291197694/AOBFOuterDisc.rar.html
4.enable the olc gui 127 and then the TMT
(you will not double anything in your game .the range is where the mast value matches)

TMT'S FILES ARE NOT CONFLICTING WITH ANY FILE OF OLC GUI 127 .are you sure about that ? write down the files that jsgme is warning you to have a look please

bye

berobispo
10-10-09, 02:39 PM
thanks for the quick answer!

will do as you told as soon as I have ended my current patrol!

the strangest thing (as always when I use different mods):

I'm dead certain that JSGME showed a list of several files (I'd guess about 8) when I first enabled the Double Mast values over TMTv2 (with OLC GUI 1.2.7 enabled before, no complaints here). However, I can't recreate this now, so I can't tell you what files these exactly were, sorry.

btw.: I think double mast values creates a folder of its own, to be enabled via JSGME alone.

Cheers!

PL_Cmd_Jacek
11-15-09, 05:21 PM
Guys I try to prepare similar mod for Uboot Total War but I am not able to change the height of the mast. Let me give you an example:

I take Large Cargo. In roster a mast is 22.5 meters. I prepared a mission and placed docked ship 1000m ahead of my u-boot.

I use a stadimeter to check a range, so I measure the mast and received 760 meters - to low. So I calculated a new value of mast:

new value = (1000*22.5)/760 = 29.6

I open the .cfg file and change the mast value to 29.6.
Now start the mission again, in roster I have 29.6 (good). I use a stadimeter again (in the same way) and received ..... 760m - :damn:.

Why ???? Which value does the Silent Hunter takes to calculate the range of the target ?????

tomfon
11-15-09, 06:36 PM
I'm dead certain that JSGME showed a list of several files (I'd guess about 8) when I first enabled the Double Mast values over TMTv2 (with OLC GUI 1.2.7 enabled before, no complaints here). However, I can't recreate this now, so I can't tell you what files these exactly were, sorry.

btw.: I think double mast values creates a folder of its own, to be enabled via JSGME alone.

Yes, you're right. The doublemastvalues.exe creates a folder which contains the doubled mast values of every single ship included in the roster. You're supposed to enable this mod if you wish to run the game with OLC GUI 1.2.7. I'm suprised though by the fact that you don't know/are not already sure what this .exe does. :hmmm:
Anyway, maybe i didn't understand well what you wanted to say.
Bottom line: do as makman says. Replace the outer ring of the AoB ring finder and don't enable the doublemastvalues mod.:03:

makman94
11-15-09, 09:04 PM
Guys I try to prepare similar mod for Uboot Total War but I am not able to change the height of the mast. Let me give you an example:

I take Large Cargo. In roster a mast is 22.5 meters. I prepared a mission and placed docked ship 1000m ahead of my u-boot.

I use a stadimeter to check a range, so I measure the mast and received 760 meters - to low. So I calculated a new value of mast:

new value = (1000*22.5)/760 = 29.6

I open the .cfg file and change the mast value to 29.6.
Now start the mission again, in roster I have 29.6 (good). I use a stadimeter again (in the same way) and received ..... 760m - :damn:.

Why ???? Which value does the Silent Hunter takes to calculate the range of the target ?????

hello PL_Cmd_Jacek,

can you tell me exactly at which .cfg you enter the new mast value? if the new mast value is showing on the RECMANUAL ,and at the notepad after you have identify the target then you will be ok

open the files of TMT to see at which .cfgs you must enter the new value .... roster has nothing to do here

PL_Cmd_Jacek
11-16-09, 10:09 AM
OK I found a secret. :damn:.

I modified the proper cfg file but ....

To save my time, I changed the mast in cfg and just restart z test mission. I've just look at rec manual and value was changed but ... the value in notepad was old .

I restarted teh game and now everythink is ok. So the conclusion is that the game loads mast value for stadimeter when the game is starting but the value for rec manual when mission is starting.

Thanks Makman for your idea to look at notepad, I have just forgot about that.

LGN1
11-21-09, 07:23 AM
Hi Makman94,

it seems that the draft of the NKC3 and NLUS are wrong. The values in the cfg files are from the draught in the sim files, however, from testing with torpedos it seems that the C3 has a draft of around 13.5m and the NLUS around 12.5m :06:

It seems that if mass is not equal or close to the displacement the real draft is not necessary the draught value in the sim files. :hmmm:

Can anyone confirm this finding? :-?

Cheers, LGN1

makman94
11-21-09, 03:14 PM
Hi Makman94,

it seems that the draft of the NKC3 and NLUS are wrong. The values in the cfg files are from the draught in the sim files, however, from testing with torpedos it seems that the C3 has a draft of around 13.5m and the NLUS around 12.5m :06:

It seems that if mass is not equal or close to the displacement the real draft is not necessary the draught value in the sim files. :hmmm:

Can anyone confirm this finding? :-?

Cheers, LGN1

hello LGN1,

if you had 'follow' the development of TMT ....you should know that the draft values are not checked ( i checked some only some of them to see how it was going like the ships at torpedo training for example)
draft values was directly copied from .sims like it was done from devs....meaning that if the original values are inacurate the same will go with draft values of TMT (probably ...draft values are correct...at least they are to the ships i checked)
Now, the ships you mentioned had that 'sinking' problem and their .sims was taken from stzsinkingshipfix 2.1 .Subzero had ,indeed,heavily tweaked the difference mass-dispacement at these ships and probably your theory is right . if so...i guess that all the ships from stzsinkingshipfix 2.1 needs a ckeck and probably all the others are ok
please,check them if you have some time LGN1

thank you for mentioning that

bye

LGN1
11-21-09, 03:41 PM
Hi Makman94,

thanks for the reply. I checked all the merchants I found with mass not equal to the displacement (NLOL, NPPL, NLUS, NKC3) and it seems all are fine (maybe 0.2 off). Only the mentioned two are problematic. I did not check war ships. Do you think there might be a warship with a difference in mass and displacement?

Cheers, LGN1

makman94
11-21-09, 03:49 PM
Hi Makman94,

thanks for the reply. I checked all the merchants I found with mass not equal to the displacement (NLOL, NPPL, NLUS, NKC3) and it seems all are fine (maybe 0.2 off). Only the mentioned two are problematic. I did not check war ships. Do you think there might be a warship with a difference in mass and displacement?

Cheers, LGN1

.....:hmmm:....i am afraid that will dissapoint you here ! it was long time ago and my memory is not helping me....besides that part of TMT (draft values) was taken care by Rs77 (i was only checking his progress on this...meaning if the values from .sims were copied correct to .cfgs)

Laserg
12-06-09, 03:30 AM
I got a question since a watch officer doesn't give a range to a target.
How can I estimate it in long distances, when a ship is for example 8 km away??
The uzo is useless, because the mast of a ship is way under the marks and i can not multiple them to get a range.

makman94
12-06-09, 12:57 PM
I got a question since a watch officer doesn't give a range to a target.
How can I estimate it in long distances, when a ship is for example 8 km away??
The uzo is useless, because the mast of a ship is way under the marks and i can not multiple them to get a range.

my wo is always giving me range to target

note that some mods are 'sinking' ships at horizon so you will not be able to 'see' the waterline
give me a pic of the situation you describe

Laserg
12-06-09, 01:47 PM
I got gwx 3.0, olc mkIId, ACM reloaded and TMT v2. Normally WO gives direction and range of a target as answer to an order (text message in a panel). In my game he gives only direction. Isn't it because of TMT v2 or ACM or is it a bug.

h.sie
12-07-09, 04:15 AM
the output of the range has been disabled by ACM GUI for realism purposes, because it was too exact.

Laserg
12-07-09, 12:58 PM
Ok. that's what I thought it was. So how do you estimate the range, like in visibility to 16km?? You are guessing?? Maybe marks in observation periscope mean something??

h.sie
12-07-09, 04:21 PM
look here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139690&postcount=191

Laserg
12-07-09, 05:13 PM
He he, I'm familiar with these manuals.

Ok, so try to distinguish beetwen 14 km and 10 km range at a rough sea using attack periscope:DL Hm, maybe beetwen 14-12 , because konvoy escort could get you, and plot even an approximate course of a ship/convoy. Hard, sometimes impossible. UZO is useless, marks starts from 140. 140*35m(average mast height) = 4,9 km, to less. I was thinking about obs. periscope, does it have any possibility to evaluate a range??? I should start learning recognizing distance with my own eyes??
Is there any compensation of disabling WO target feature???

h.sie
12-08-09, 02:55 AM
i think it was an attempt to achieve realism. real kaleuns maybe had similar problems to determine long ranges.....

makman94
12-08-09, 05:48 AM
Is there any compensation of disabling WO target feature???

disable ACM gui and inside its files go to data/menu/ en_menu.txt

open en_menu.txt (with notepad) and find this line:

4616=Nearest visual contact at bearing %03.0f!

change this line to this:

4616=Nearest visual contact at bearing %03.0f, range %.0f meters!

save and enable again your gui

this will solve a part of your 'problems' i think

Uber Gruber
12-08-09, 08:45 AM

That will fix it alright....I once tried playing with the '%03.0f' formatting string to try to get it to output in thousands of meters only as the current WO range estimations are way too accurate.

makman94
12-08-09, 12:27 PM
That will fix it alright....I once tried playing with the '%03.0f' formatting string to try to get it to output in thousands of meters only as the current WO range estimations are way too accurate.

Umber Gruber, so with this '%03.0f' will the wo give the range in thousand of meters ? is that what you are saying? if yes, is there a formula to make watch officer give range in five hundrend of meters?

Laserg
12-08-09, 12:55 PM
Thx for help but I don't want to mess with files. All I want to know if there is any possibility to estimate range quite effectively with ingame mechanics. I have read the Angriffsscheibe Handbuch 3 which contains attack disc description. There is something about range, using mast height, angle from waterline to top of the mast and a graph you can read a range. It is useless anyway with olc gui, and sh3 is useless without olc gui.

Ok, it is time to buy a new glasses.

makman94
12-08-09, 01:04 PM
Thx for help but I don't want to mess with files. All I want to know if there is any possibility to estimate range quite effectively with ingame mechanics. I have read the Angriffsscheibe Handbuch 3 which contains attack disc description. There is something about range, using mast height, angle from waterline to top of the mast and a graph you can read a range. It is useless anyway with olc gui, and sh3 is useless without olc gui.

Ok, it is time to buy a new glasses.

when target is very far ......>8000 you will never be able to get accurate ranges especially when sea is not calm .you can use the marks at obs scope exactly as you use the marks at attack scope .if mast is showing ,for example ,the 3 at obscope this is the number that will show also and at attack scope
(all these if the vertical scales are not messed in ACM )

Uber Gruber
12-08-09, 01:16 PM
Umber Gruber, so with this '%03.0f' will the wo give the range in thousand of meters ? is that what you are saying? if yes, is there a formula to make watch officer give range in five hundrend of meters?

Actually no, I got the crossed over....

The %03.0f is a 'layout' string. This gets replaced with the float representing the bearing. The resulting output will be 3 characters long - which is what we see on the screen for bearings.

The next 'layout' string is %.0f. This basicly results in the float representing the range being output 'as is' but without anything after the decimal point.

I once tried to find a way of 'tricking' the formatter to result in an output that only displayed ranges in 1000s of meters but it never worked.

But now I think about it, I wonder if we could play with the float range value just BEFORE it gets output....then we could round the value up to 1000s. So any ship with a range of less than 1000m will just be called out as 1000 Meters by teh WO.

makman94
12-08-09, 01:21 PM
Actually no, I got the crossed over....

The %03.0f is a 'layout' string. This gets replaced with the float representing the bearing. The resulting output will be 3 characters long - which is what we see on the screen for bearings.

The next 'layout' string is %.0f. This basicly results in the float representing the range being output 'as is' but without anything after the decimal point.

I once tried to find a way of 'tricking' the formatter to result in an output that only displayed ranges in 1000s of meters but it never worked.

But now I think about it, I wonder if we could play with the float range value just BEFORE it gets output....then we could round the value up to 1000s. So any ship with a range of less than 1000m will just be called out as 1000 Meters by teh WO.

i understand...nothing ! :cry: you see, my english are betrating me again....can you express yourself in other words?

Uber Gruber
12-08-09, 01:31 PM
Sorry....have a look at this web page:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cstdio/printf/

Now return to SH3 formating string:

The '%03.0f' is the Ship Bearing formatter.

The ' %.0f' is the SHip Range formatter.

Maybe one could add three backspaces (i.e. '\b') in the formatting string so that it deletes the last 3 digits of the Ship Range

e.g.
4616=Nearest visual contact at bearing %03.0f, range %.0f\b\b\b meters!

I'm sure I tried this but it was a long long time ago.

Let me know if this is understandable :yep:

makman94
12-08-09, 01:43 PM
Sorry....have a look at this web page:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cstdio/printf/

Now return to SH3 formating string:

The '%03.0f' is the Ship Bearing formatter.

The ' %.0f' is the SHip Range formatter.

Maybe one could add three backspaces (i.e. '\b') in the formatting string so that it deletes the last 3 digits of the Ship Range

e.g.
4616=Nearest visual contact at bearing %03.0f, range %.0f\b\b\b meters!

I'm sure I tried this but it was a long long time ago.

Let me know if this is understandable :yep:

yes , i got you know.....seems difficult to me right now (i have no idea about programming).need to study this link first
very interesting Uber Gruber :up:

Uber Gruber
12-11-09, 07:31 AM
@Makman

I know the first post states this mod is compatible with GWX but is there any intention of releasing an NYGM and/or WAC version ?

Cheers, UG

makman94
12-13-09, 01:54 PM
@Makman

I know the first post states this mod is compatible with GWX but is there any intention of releasing an NYGM and/or WAC version ?

Cheers, UG

@Umber,

this is discussed again in the past and i have said that i am not going to do any other version

bye

Wreford-Brown
12-22-09, 03:51 PM
There is a conflict with my 34 additional ships mod and TMT that has been causing CTDs which has a fairly simple fix.

TMT has adjusted the values for a number of ships and my adjusted values in the 34 additional ships mod caused CTDs. Three users kindly reported the problem and, with the help of these users and the TMT team, I have managed to create a fix which is on my FF page.

Thanks go to tomfon, =F1=Ghost and jdkbph who reported the problem and helped me work through it and makman94 who has given permission to use the TMT files for the fix.

The fix will be included in any future updates of my additional ships mod.

Wreford-Brown
12-24-09, 03:59 AM
makman94 has kindly pointed out that my original TMT fix had a couple of file names left over from testing meaning that it may not work :oops:.

I've uploaded the new fix to my FF site and apologise for any CTDs the old file may have caused.

Many, many thanks to makman94 for checking the files and correcting my mistake.

verte
02-02-10, 02:32 PM
How goes the work with enhanced funnel smoke for TMT? Was it released? Long time without information about it...

makman94
02-03-10, 10:48 AM
How goes the work with enhanced funnel smoke for TMT? Was it released? Long time without information about it...

hi Verte,

it isn't released . this project is a work of Rs77 and he is 'disappeared' !
it is infinished and i don't know at what level is Rs77's progress on this

bye

von faust
03-18-11, 02:55 AM
Hi to all,
actually I have this (stable) MOD configuration:

- Thomsen sound pack v3.2 cg
- GWX VIIc41 Player Sub
- OLC 'Gold' MkIIc ~ Option 4
- OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
- ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
- ACM Lite Map
- FM_NewInterior_V1.0
- FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded

I want to use TMT v2 but if I activate it the game CTD.
Have You any idea ? :hmmm:

Thanks

von faust
03-19-11, 06:42 AM
Update: I have activated TMT v2 mod in any position but SH3 crash :dead:

If I apply the change of TMT mod manually (editing some file) ?

Magic1111
03-19-11, 06:55 AM

Try this versions from h.sie:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwlqjngm2t5 or

http://www.mediafire.com/?mornwxzmgyf

Maybe one of these versions work for you ???!!!

Please note: The version from second download link is with ThomsensShips, h.sie merged both MODs together !

Best regards and good luck,
Magic:salute:

frau kaleun
03-19-11, 10:59 AM

When you enable it with JSGME, do you get any messages about it changing any files that other mods have already added or changed?

von faust
03-19-11, 02:59 PM
Try this versions from h.sie:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwlqjngm2t5 or
http://www.mediafire.com/?mornwxzmgyf
Maybe one of these versions work for you ???!!!

Thanks but I've already tried it

When you enable it with JSGME, do you get any messages about it changing any files that other mods have already added or changed?

It change (only) many folder inside "Data\Sea\...."
All change is applied to "OLC Gold MkII - Option 4"
Even the game crashes during the startup screen :-?

Best regards to all

frau kaleun
03-19-11, 04:23 PM
Thanks but I've already tried it

It change (only) many folder inside "Data\Sea\...."
All change is applied to "OLC Gold MkII - Option 4"

Best regards to all

I'm completely unfamiliar with the OLC Gold mods, but if TMT is altering files that OLC already changed or put in place, it might not be a bad idea to look at exactly which files the two mods have in common. Maybe there's something there that OLC needs to function, and TMT is changing it, and vice versa. Just a guess but if JSGME alerts you to a possible conflict that's always a good starting point for any investigation.

Unless someone else comes along who knows both mods well enough to confirm that there shouldn't be any conflict.

Magic1111
03-19-11, 04:30 PM

Best regards to all

Maybe you try enable the MOD during Mid-Patrol ? When yes, thatīs not possible ! You can enable the MOD ONLY when youīre beeing in port !

Best regards,
Magic

von faust
03-19-11, 04:47 PM
Maybe you try enable the MOD during Mid-Patrol ? When yes, thatīs not possible ! You can enable the MOD ONLY when youīre beeing in port !
Best regards,
Magic

Yes, I'm "In Base before the patrol", I have a unique profile

makman94
03-22-11, 01:24 PM

hello Von faust,

you can be sure that TMT mod is NOT responsible for your CTDs.

are you sure that you are using TMT ? please, write the EXACT name of the mod as you see it in jsgme's window

bye

von faust
03-22-11, 01:39 PM
hello Von faust,

you can be sure that TMT mod is NOT responsible for your CTDs.

are you sure that you are using TMT ? please, write the EXACT name of the mod as you see it in jsgme's window

bye

It's "TMT v2".
I have downloaded it from the firt post of this discussion.
It's very strange. I can undestand if the game crash during a patrol but during loading of SH3 it seems impossible :hmmm:

makman94
03-22-11, 01:45 PM
It's "TMT v2".
I have downloaded it from the firt post of this discussion.
It's very strange. I can undestand if the game crash during a patrol but during loading of SH3 it seems impossible :hmmm:

disable ALL mods and load the campaign . does it crash ?

if yes....then the rest are obvious

if no...enable ONLY the TMT v2 (nothing else) . does it crash ??

Lucky07
08-25-11, 08:36 AM
I request ur permision for add ur mod to mine ,in this link
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=187114
thx u man for make this increidible mod
Operation Ursula Campaing Megamod

Luno
05-01-13, 12:43 AM
Is there any way to merge this mod with Thomsen's original heavy-ship mod, which featured slower acceleration/deceleration times?

I tried this and it looks great, btw!

Tupolev
05-02-13, 12:01 AM
H.sie already did it.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//showthread.php?t=163556

Not sure if its in the downloads here or not, but I know its in Maiks awesome archive.

T

Luno
05-03-13, 04:26 PM
Hm, that seems to be the one I have, but ships are still running away at a high rate from stand-still. :06:

Tupolev
05-06-13, 04:26 PM
Do you MFM?

Neither mod makes any changes to the ships in MFM.

You can do this yourself though, editing the ships files. It's fairly time consuming though...

T

Luno
05-07-13, 12:42 AM
Thanks. I'm really tempted to use MFM, but I prefer consistency, and I would be very willing to make the changes! What was changed specifically? Are all the changes in Sea files, or somewhere else?

PS, In the above post, I was referring to the training mission, in which the stationary target runs away before the torpedo can arrive, but all seems well now. I must have made a mistake in the installation order before.

Tupolev
05-07-13, 01:41 PM
You have to use Silent 3ditor (or something similar) and make the appropriate changes to each ships xxx.sim file.

I can't remember the exact changes Thomsen (or if it was Thomsen who did it) but the center of gravity heights were lowered, drag was increased, rudder efficency changed, and engine power was cut by 30%.

I know there is more info in the readme and you can compare .sim files to figure out what exactly was changed and by how much.

As far as the TMT changes....well I got nothin'. I've no idea how to compare ship dimensions in-game vs what the rec manual says. All I can say is if some of MFM ships aren't 100% then you're no worse off than the real skippers were.

T

Luno
05-07-13, 01:54 PM
Fair enough. It will be an interesting project. So many mods, so little time.

makman94
06-06-13, 02:11 PM
at my mediafire page you can find a version called ''TMT v2 with EFS''

this is exactly the same mod as the ''TMT v2 (GWX3version)'' plus Enhanced Funnel Smokes to all ships

credits:
this addition to TMT v2 was totally made by RS77