PDA

View Full Version : Help restoring fatigue model

gordonmull
02-22-09, 08:08 AM
My fatigue model seems to have gone wonky. My crew are fatiguing at over 64x TC resting up very slowly. THe last thing I did was to install WB's new type XXI mod but I checked with him and it doesn't affect the fatigue model.

Can someone point me in the direction of the files that control the model. I was just going to compare these files to the unmodded GWX ones to see what I need to do to reset it.

Or would it be possible to make a change only to the fatigue model in Commander and then uninstall it without rolling back? I dont normally use Commander because I keep mucking up my install with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

badwolf
02-22-09, 09:59 AM
Hi gordonmull,

I think the reason your having so much trouble with SH3Commander, is that your failing to do a rollback when neccessary. I suggest in your case to set it to "Rollback automatic after exiting SH3" and read the manual.

Because of the above your original installation could have been altered permanently in other areas as well. Therefore I would do the following:-

Make sure SH3Commander has done a rollback.
Uninstall any JSGME mods.

In order of preference:-

1/. If you have a backup SH3/data then delete data folder in SH3 and paste in copy.

or

2/. Re-install your Sh3

or (try to repair)

3/.In SH3Commander - Options - Time Compression - When in 3D views (set to default 32).

...In SH3Commander - Options - Gameplay Settings - Use fatigue model (leave unticked for gamesetting).

Whatever you do, don't uninstall SH3Commander without a rollback, else this will leave permanently altered data files.

Hope this helps.

SquareSteelBar
02-22-09, 02:47 PM
...Can someone point me in the direction of the files that control the model...It's the [FATIGUE_COEF] section in ...\data\Cfg\Basic.cfg...

gordonmull
02-23-09, 07:54 AM
Nah this was with the auto roll-back option ticked. The last time Commander went awry I think I had changed some setting or other that GWX disagreed with. Can't remember now.

My intention was to use Commander to make the permanent change to the files - set the default GWX fatigue model and then just uninstall Cmdr without rolling back to leave the files in place. At least I can use it to set the fatigue model back to normal and comare the files.

gordonmull
02-23-09, 07:56 AM
It's the [FATIGUE_COEF] section in ...\data\Cfg\Basic.cfg...

Fantastic. Just what I was looking for. Cheers SquareSteelBar.

gordonmull
02-25-09, 02:04 PM
Taken me a while to have a look at that.

Doesn't seem to be anything in the [FATIGUE_COEF] part that controls this. I can't see anything in the TC section on main.cfg either.

Does anyone know how I can control at what TC my men start to take fatigue?

Help!:88)

badwolf
02-25-09, 02:14 PM
Hi gordonmull,
In SH3Commander Time Compression "When in 3D views" if you set this to 32 then fatigue will stop at greater than 32 TC, or whatever number you want to give it.

gordonmull
02-25-09, 02:21 PM
Thanks Badwolf.

Next time I'm in port I'll give it a try.

JScones
02-27-09, 03:35 AM
Badwolf's advice is correct - your "When in 3D Views" TC setting is also your maximum fatigue cut off TC.

Players should exercise caution when changing this value, as most (all?) mods have developed their fatigue models with a particular setting in mind. Changing this value will most likely impact the working of the fatigue model (except, of course, if you are running a no fatigue mod).

bgey
02-27-09, 07:37 AM
Aha! :DL So this is why me crew is always falling asleep on duty! :haha:

Benny

irish1958
02-27-09, 10:39 AM

Benny
Better check the rum supply.:arrgh!:

bgey
02-27-09, 12:32 PM

Good idea!

Checking...

Yep, still good! Mmm. :woot: :rotfl:

Benny

SpeedyPC
02-28-09, 11:00 AM

Benny

You don't need to check the rum supply........you need to check the women :D females are far too important than Rum :O: :O: :O: