PDA

View Full Version : Another nasty CTD

Contact
02-09-09, 08:51 AM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2362/clipboard2df2.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard2df2.jpg)

Damn lost a decent tonnage and was still counting. Next time I will save after every ship sunk :damn:

Faamecanic
02-09-09, 12:16 PM
I used to save after every ship sunk...but now my savefile is corrupt :wah: :cry: and I lost 53,000 tons.

I think it may have been that I saved less than 34km away from some ships (sunk and unsunk). Stupid save games.

Contact
02-09-09, 12:28 PM
This is the reason why you should make saves with different savenames.

I wount touch the SH3 for another week.. :down:

Need time to coupe with unearned loss of tonnage :-?

Murr44
02-09-09, 04:05 PM
Had you previously saved the game at the position indicated in the screenshot? I'm asking because if you did it looks like you were awfully close to land.

I always perform a hydrophone check before saving. It won't eliminate the risk of a crash but I've found that it does help to the lower the risk. I know that it's been discussed ad nauseum but I think that the save game issues should have been addressed in a 1.5 patch. They're some of the most annoying:damn: bugs still present in the game.

Graf Paper
02-10-09, 01:32 PM
Thankfully, I've yet to be stricken with any savegame bugs after all this time, over two years of steady play going on three by this August.

However, to be on the safe side, I manually name all my save points and backup my career to a zip file at least once a week...just in case.

I never save near port or within visual range of any ships. I don't think you have to worry about 30km or ships in hydrophone-only range ( but I could be wrong ).

I really feel for your lost tonnage scores. Once I thought I had sunk a Proteus collier but I was denied credit because the game engine decided it was the rough seas that had brought her down instead of the 30-foot hole in her hull!

I can see where rough seas would be a contributing factor but blasting a jagged rent in the hull should be the cause since she wouldn't have sunk in those rough seas without it. :nope:

Or how about the time I sank a C3 Cargo docked in Hartlepool but was denied credit because she sank in 20 feet of water to just above her waterline. :stare:

Anyways...save, save, save, save, backup...rinse and repeat. :know:

Contact
02-10-09, 04:41 PM
Had you previously saved the game at the position indicated in the screenshot? I'm asking because if you did it looks like you were awfully close to land.

I always perform a hydrophone check before saving. It won't eliminate the risk of a crash but I've found that it does help to the lower the risk. I know that it's been discussed ad nauseum but I think that the save game issues should have been addressed in a 1.5 patch. They're some of the most annoying:damn: bugs still present in the game.

No I did not save the game there, It was early September so after harbour raid in Hela I came to this area to wait for more Polish vessels :arrgh!:

So after few days of TC and 2 more ships sunk I got CTD and that was the end of story :shifty:

Contact
02-10-09, 04:46 PM
Thankfully, I've yet to be stricken with any savegame bugs after all this time, over two years of steady play going on three by this August.

However, to be on the safe side, I manually name all my save points and backup my career to a zip file at least once a week...just in case.

I never save near port or within visual range of any ships. I don't think you have to worry about 30km or ships in hydrophone-only range ( but I could be wrong ).

I really feel for your lost tonnage scores. Once I thought I had sunk a Proteus collier but I was denied credit because the game engine decided it was the rough seas that had brought her down instead of the 30-foot hole in her hull!

I can see where rough seas would be a contributing factor but blasting a jagged rent in the hull should be the cause since she wouldn't have sunk in those rough seas without it. :nope:

Or how about the time I sank a C3 Cargo docked in Hartlepool but was denied credit because she sank in 20 feet of water to just above her waterline. :stare:

Anyways...save, save, save, save, backup...rinse and repeat. :know:

I rarely having problems with saves itself, maybe because I know the issues and I'm doing everything right..

But when I get these kind of CTD's in game... it is so.. :damn: :damn: :damn:

So yes using save frequently saves some nerves too :DL

bigboywooly
02-11-09, 03:19 PM
What mods are you running ?
Particulary ones that add extra units
SH3sim.act is usually a unit problem

Whats the date and cant make out where that is on the map