PDA

View Full Version : [REL] OLC 'Gold' MkIId

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Iranon
09-19-09, 12:37 PM
First, I'd like to thank OLC and everyone who contributed for this excellent mod. It feels incredibly polished and allows a more hands-on, manual approach without making me struggle with the interface.
Excellent!

However... I find the removal of the deck gun zoom more irritating than I would have guessed, considering I wasn't at all happy with its unrealistic stability.
In some ways the zoomed-out view is even more obnoxious though...

- I'm aiming the shots but standing behind the person who operates the gun. This breaks immersion.
- I can see the sights of the gun I'm operating but I don't use it. Apparently my alter ego is an idiot.
- Someone apparently painted a crosshair on my cornea. Again, not good for immersion and gives me the feeling I'm in a bad arcade game.
- I'm practically forced to fiddle with my mouse sensitivity to avoid accidentally taking shots at the moon (which is friendly or at least neutral... and bad things might happen if I accidentally shoot it down)
- Even when I tone that down, having to adjust the crosshair pixel by pixel feels off... I don't think the machinery was that fiddly.

If there are no technical limitations that make the option to zoom impossible, I'd like the ability back. At least then I can choose the lesser evil (zoomed-in for calm waters, zoomed-out with moderate waves. I'll be too busy compensating for the motion to notice I'm annoyed about the things I listed above, and relying on guesswork rather than sights makes some intuitive sense).
Is there an easy way of allowing this again?

Or even better... is there another mod for a more realistic gun interface, preferably compatible with this?

Thanks in advance.

onelifecrisis
09-19-09, 12:47 PM
- I'm aiming the shots but standing behind the person who operates the gun. This breaks immersion.
- I can see the sights of the gun I'm operating but I don't use it. Apparently my alter ego is an idiot.
- Someone apparently painted a crosshair on my cornea. Again, not good for immersion and gives me the feeling I'm in a bad arcade game.
- I'm practically forced to fiddle with my mouse sensitivity to avoid accidentally taking shots at the moon (which is friendly or at least neutral... and bad things might happen if I accidentally shoot it down)
- Even when I tone that down, having to adjust the crosshair pixel by pixel feels off... I don't think the machinery was that fiddly.

Fair points, Iranon, but I would think that if you're playing "immersively" then you, as the Kaleun, should not be operating the deck gun at all. ;) That aside..

- The red crosshair is unfortunately hardcoded. I would get rid of it if I could.
- The old zoomed-in gunsight view cannot be destabilized without it introducing other, game-breaking problems. That's one reason why this mod sticks to the zoomed-out view.

If there are no technical limitations that make the option to zoom impossible, I'd like the ability back. At least then I can choose the lesser evil (zoomed-in for calm waters, zoomed-out with moderate waves. I'll be too busy compensating for the motion to notice I'm annoyed about the things I listed above, and relying on guesswork rather than sights makes some intuitive sense).
Is there an easy way of allowing this again?

Or even better... is there another mod for a more realistic gun interface, preferably compatible with this?

There is no mod I'm aware of which changes my GUI back to the old gun interface, but it would be fairly easy to make one. Download S3D and Notepad++ and knock yourself out, or post a new thread with a request and maybe some helpful modder will do it for you. :up:

Iranon
09-19-09, 01:01 PM
Thank you very much for the quick reply and for the good advice! I will give it a try.

briklebritt
01-06-10, 01:40 PM
I am new with this mod and how to attack through UZO? There is no disc in UZO to get AOB or range? I do not want to use scope when i am not diving.

onelifecrisis
01-06-10, 02:01 PM
I am new with this mod and how to attack through UZO? There is no disc in UZO to get AOB or range? I do not want to use scope when i am not diving.

Historically the UZO had no equipment for calculating range or AOB. However, range could be estimated visually with good accuracy so there are range-finding lines on the UZO in this mod. IIRC there are instructions covering their use on the subsim download page for this mod, linked in post 1.

HTH
OLC

briklebritt
01-06-10, 02:05 PM
ok, thanks. i got the tutorial videos. is there a printed manual for this mod too? sorry, i ask so much, but i am very new at game and mod

onelifecrisis
01-06-10, 02:11 PM
ok, thanks. i got the tutorial videos. is there a printed manual for this mod too? sorry, i ask so much, but i am very new at game and mod

No manual, but between the videos and the notes on the download page pretty much everything you need to know is covered. Some people have made written guides for this mod but they may be a bit put of date.

If you are new to SH3 then I think it'd be a good idea for you to get used to normal manual targetting (without this mod) before you try using the OLC GUI.

briklebritt
01-06-10, 02:17 PM
hi, i also know how to get a target manual. i used a printed WZB-disc to gut AOB and used ingame features "Notizblock" to get range and speed. This was no problem for me.

This mos is really great. I want to play with it installed. If i got more questions, i will post next time here. Hope u will help me. Would be nice! thx

I installed the mod 1 hour ago and got some problems with some things ingame after i installed the mod. i do not see the experience of my men on stations. it was not filled green. and i do not see any ships on map. now i will reinstall game and mod. hope it works.

What do u mean? (my english isnt that good) .. u wrote "between the videos and notes on download page" Where to find more infos?

tomfon
01-06-10, 02:21 PM
WAIT!!! Before you reinstall the game:
Which option have you enabled?

briklebritt
01-06-10, 02:47 PM
i just reinstalled but...

- problem with experience of my men for stations is fixed
- but i do not see my own ship on map and i do not see any other ship on map. i only see a line and not more. in tutorial video, you can see the ship icons. i know, no gps in this mod, but why is it in tutorial video? is it there or not there? please tell me how to get it back.

i only got these things active and a clean install:

- SH3 v1.4
- GWX 3
- SH Commander 3
- standard resolution 1024x786

in JSGME(things installed like order shown here):

- lite harbor traffic
- main movie das boot
- alt. loadscreens
- captain america icons
- olc gold mkii option 3 (with ede and gui)
- mkiid update
- flat sun fix

hm... why do i not see any ships etc. on map (after mkii)

http://www.real-one.de/ebay/sh1.jpg

http://www.real-one.de/ebay/sh2.jpg
http://www.mydrive.ch/download/47026869/SH3Img@6-1-2010_22.38.21_643.jpg

berobispo
01-07-10, 05:31 AM
happy new year, everyone!

I used OLC GUI 1.2.7 fpr quite some time and recently installed the Ubermod (mkii2c plus mkiid update). one quick question: why can't i access the aob finder (u-jagd tools) anymore? i click on the wheel but nothing happens:06:

berobispo
01-07-10, 05:43 AM
ehhhhh, found the problem!

while reinstalling sh3 gwx and olc mkiid i tested w/o 100% realism (auto targeting ON), which, IIRC disables the aob finder...

Kaleun Cook
01-12-10, 04:34 PM
Two quick questions:

- Are there larger orders available? For example, the compass is bit too small for my taste.

- The mod enabler says there's a conflict with the WaterStream/Exhaust-Kombimod. Does anyone know if it works or what exactly would not work using these together with the GUI?

Kaleun Cook
01-12-10, 04:37 PM
And one answer:

hm... why do i not see any ships etc. on map (after mkii)

Because it's deactivated with this mod for more realism. You'll have to use the drawing tools at the navigator screen to draw the contacts your bridge crew reports. :arrgh!:

onelifecrisis
01-12-10, 05:01 PM
Two quick questions:

- Are there larger orders available? For example, the compass is bit too small for my taste.

- The mod enabler says there's a conflict with the WaterStream/Exhaust-Kombimod. Does anyone know if it works or what exactly would not work using these together with the GUI?

There are other GUI mods with larger dials.

Which files are reported as conflicting?

Kaleun Cook
01-12-10, 05:18 PM
There are other GUI mods with larger dials.

Sorry, my post should have read "aren't there larger dials" - I think one of your earlier versions came with optional large slide-out dials. Are those not supported anymore?

Which files are reported as conflicting?

It's Materials.dat

And a big thanks for sticking around to answer all those questions. :up:

onelifecrisis
01-12-10, 05:32 PM
Sorry, my post should have read "aren't there larger dials" - I think one of your earlier versions came with optional large slide-out dials. Are those not supported anymore?

It's Materials.dat

And a big thanks for sticking around to answer all those questions. :up:

No, I never made any larger dials than these.

Materials.dat
I once made that compatible with the water stream mod. It may still be compatible. Try enabling water streams and exhausts first, OLC second. If that works, great. You'll know whether it's working by looking at the water stream and exhaust effects. If you see problems with them then you'll need to enable the mos in the other order (and then you'll get glow in the dark particles).

Uber Gruber
01-12-10, 07:10 PM
Glow in the dark particles....I think I have that....do they follow the camera position such that if I free cam away from the boat the glow in the dark particles follow ? If so then I definately have that......any cure ?

onelifecrisis
01-12-10, 07:50 PM
Glow in the dark particles....I think I have that....do they follow the camera position such that if I free cam away from the boat the glow in the dark particles follow ? If so then I definately have that......any cure ?

Hard to picture what you describe. All I mean by GITD particles is that some particles(eg water splashes, smoke) will have the wrong colours and this is most noticable at night (when they appear much too bright).

No idea what could cause what you describe, but if you have mod conflicts then obviously you should try it without the conflicting mod and see if that fixes it.

Kaleun Cook
01-13-10, 02:12 PM
I once made that compatible with the water stream mod. It may still be compatible. Try enabling water streams and exhausts first, OLC second. If that works, great. You'll know whether it's working by looking at the water stream and exhaust effects. If you see problems with them then you'll need to enable the mos in the other order (and then you'll get glow in the dark particles).

Looks good so far, I should simply have tried it before blabbering about it here. Sorry about that.

onelifecrisis
01-13-10, 03:34 PM
Looks good so far, I should simply have tried it before blabbering about it here. Sorry about that.

No problem. Glad it's working now. :)

verte
01-15-10, 04:06 PM
It looks that there is a problem with OLC + ede + lrt still showing repair time (when ltr should disable this)

To repair it (that is, disable time of repair) this options must be changed in menu_1024_768.ini:

[G67 I608]
Type=1040;Scroll text
ItemID=0x67000389
ParentID=0x67000000
Pos=290,316,240,167
Color=0xFF
Materials=8
Display=4;All directions
Mat 0=DATA/Menu/Data/back.tga
Mat 1=DATA/Menu/Data/back.tga
Mat 2=DATA/Menu/Data/back.tga
Mat 3=DATA/Menu/Data/back.tga
Mat 4=DATA/Menu/Data/scarr0.tga
Mat 5=DATA/Menu/Data/scarr1.tga
Mat 6=DATA/Menu/Data/scarr2.tga
Mat 7=DATA/Menu/Data/scarr3.tga
MatFlags=0x1
TexFmt=0x9
Font=14
Text=0
TextFlags=0x10
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G67 I609]
Type=1040;Scroll text
ItemID=0x6700038A
ParentID=0x67000000
Pos=537,316,110,167
Color=0xFF
Materials=8
Display=4;All directions
MatFlags=0x1
TexFmt=0x9
Font=14
Text=0
TextFlags=0x10

[G67 I610]
Type=1040;Scroll text
ItemID=0x6700038B
ParentID=0x67000000
Pos=675,316,34,34
Color=0xFF
Materials=8
Display=4;All directions
MatFlags=0x1
TexFmt=0x9
Font=5
Text=0
TextFlags=0x10

^ this options are with disabled time of repair, taken from original Longer repair time mod (The differences are: "Font=14" and "Pos=675,316,34,34")

Kaleun Cook
01-16-10, 04:56 AM
Even with LRT, there are still repair times displayed. They are just more inaccurate. The vanilla times show exactly how many hours, minutes and seconds the repair will take. With LRT you just get rough times, for example "1 to 8 hours" - If you see these rough times in your game, then that's what it should be like.

verte
01-16-10, 09:32 AM
Yes, you should get the rough "1 to 8 hours" times with LRT, but with OLC+LRT you still did get the additional hours / minutes / seconds - the changes that I posted earlier disable this, so you have only rough times as in original LRT

zulus
01-16-10, 09:43 AM
Yes, you should get the rough "1 to 8 hours" times with LRT, but with OLC+LRT you still did get the additional hours / minutes / seconds - the changes that I posted earlier disable this, so you have only rough times as in original LRT

Hi, Would it be too difficulut for you if I asked to upload already tweaked menu_1024_768.ini in the web ? Thanks :)

verte
01-16-10, 09:50 AM
Zulus, I could upload it, but it could make problems to you because my modifications of menu_1024_768 could corrupt your configuration. The only thing that you must do to make the changes is searching in the file menu_1024_768 for e.g "[G67 I608]" and then seek position "Font=...", change to "Font=14", then search "[G67 I609]" change coresponding position, search "[G67 I610]", change "Pos=..." to "Pos=675,316,34,34" and that is all.

zulus
01-16-10, 03:59 PM
Zulus, I could upload it, but it could make problems to you because my modifications of menu_1024_768 could corrupt your configuration. The only thing that you must do to make the changes is searching in the file menu_1024_768 for e.g "[G67 I608]" and then seek position "Font=...", change to "Font=14", then search "[G67 I609]" change coresponding position, search "[G67 I610]", change "Pos=..." to "Pos=675,316,34,34" and that is all.

Done. Works ok no more repair clock, nice, but can I ask why there was a need to change fonts ? Letters looks smaller now isn't it ?

verte
01-16-10, 05:07 PM
Font change was oryginal from LRT, I don't know the reason exactly, maybe it is just a personal taste of LRT creator and has no effect on repair time indication?

BillCar
01-16-10, 06:43 PM
I'm wondering how, in OLC, one might go about putting back that little boat heading compass that shows up on max zoom in your solution map and nav map in regular GWX. I need to have it there to follow Nefalodamon's hydrophone hunting method.

I've done a search for this topic, and I apologize if this has already come up, but if it has, I have not yet read it.

Thanks!

verte
01-16-10, 08:22 PM
I'm wondering how, in OLC, one might go about putting back that little boat heading compass that shows up on max zoom in your solution map and nav map in regular GWX. I need to have it there to follow Nefalodamon's hydrophone hunting method.

You must edit data\menu\cfg\Maps.cfg - there you have options for nav & attack map. In section "ZoomLevels=10,20,50..." of map in which you wish to have a compass add e.g. "5", so you have "ZoomLevels=5,10,20,50..." - in this (5) magnification the compass should work, if OLC didnt changed the graphic file for it, now I dont remember, you must check yourself.

zulus
01-17-10, 03:33 AM
Font change was oryginal from LRT, I don't know the reason exactly, maybe it is just a personal taste of LRT creator and has no effect on repair time indication?

So basically if I want to remove repair time leaving original OLC fonts I need to make changes only in[G67 I610]Pos=675,316,34,34Right ?

verte
01-17-10, 05:44 AM
So basically if I want to remove repair time leaving original OLC fonts I need to make changes only in[G67 I610]Pos=675,316,34,34Right ?
Maybe. But there is other possible reason for font change - if you change position (Pos=...), the arrows with wich you can "rewind" [don't know the english word] the text in repair box are displaced, so the reason for smaller font is maybe that you can see all the text without rewind. (Or maybe the arrows are displaced because of smaller font... You must check it yorself)

BillCar
01-17-10, 10:23 AM
You must edit data\menu\cfg\Maps.cfg - there you have options for nav & attack map. In section "ZoomLevels=10,20,50..." of map in which you wish to have a compass add e.g. "5", so you have "ZoomLevels=5,10,20,50..." - in this (5) magnification the compass should work, if OLC didnt changed the graphic file for it, now I dont remember, you must check yourself.

Looks like the magnification is there, it's just missing the file. The file was changed in the weapons officer map, for sure, as there is now a new graphic in place of the old one (you activate it by clicking on the question mark).

Does anyone happen to know how I would go about getting that old compass back around the U-Boat? Is it as simple as finding the name and root of the graphic and plugging it back in? I've never really played around with game files before, so I truly have no idea what I'm doing.

zulus
01-17-10, 11:51 AM
Maybe. But there is other possible reason for font change - if you change position (Pos=...), the arrows with wich you can "rewind" [don't know the english word] the text in repair box are displaced, so the reason for smaller font is maybe that you can see all the text without rewind. (Or maybe the arrows are displaced because of smaller font... You must check it yorself)

Yes well if the font is smaller you basically don't need to scroll down the window to see whole details of chosen compartment. But what concerns only repair time removal you should only tweak (Pos=...). Already tested it..

verte
01-17-10, 12:26 PM
Looks like the magnification is there, it's just missing the file. The file was changed in the weapons officer map, for sure, as there is now a new graphic in place of the old one (you activate it by clicking on the question mark).

Does anyone happen to know how I would go about getting that old compass back around the U-Boat? Is it as simple as finding the name and root of the graphic and plugging it back in? I've never really played around with game files before, so I truly have no idea what I'm doing.

Tried to find that file for compass to check if I have changed the default OLC files, with no success - if someone knows what's the file name it would help. Anyway, for me it is enough to add a 5 or 2 zoom and the compass shows itself at max zoom. Here are my map options:

[Map0]
MapID=Navigation_map
Position=0,0
Resolution=1024,656
MajorSqrs=4,2.52
MinorSqrs=5,5
PixPerUnit=50
ZoomLevels=10,20,50,100,200,500,1000,2000,4000,700 0,10000,20000,40000; meters per pixel
InitialZoom=100
SymbolZoom=10;units are drawn as symbols from this zoom up
GroupsZoom=100;units are drawn in groups from this zoom up
CityZoom=10000;city names are displayed from this zoom down
KriegZoom=2000;krieg labels are separated displayed from this zoom up
HarborZoom=100;harbors will be displayed from this zoom up

[Map1]
MapID=Attack_map
Position=0,0
Resolution=1024,656
MajorSqrs=4,2.52
MinorSqrs=5,5
PixPerUnit=50
ZoomLevels=10,20,50,100,200; meters per pixel
InitialZoom=10
SymbolZoom=10;units are drawn as symbols from this zoom up
GroupsZoom=10;units are drawn in groups from this zoom up

Pisces
01-17-10, 07:15 PM
The compas rose around your sub is actually the uboat icon, iirc. It should be a .tga file in the Uboat folder belonging to the type you play with.

Like:

SilentHunterIII\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7b\NSS_Ubo at7b_shp.tga

[EDIT] If you remove OLC's modified versions of it (after unabling his mod ofcoure) from the mod folderstructure, then the original GWX files should be used by the game. But I don't know if there is also offset coordinates involved somewhere. So you may get the compas rose displaced from the actual uboat location if you do that. (happens with the mouse cursor tools, anyway) That's as much as I can remember.

BillCar
01-17-10, 11:33 PM
I'll give that a shot, then. It'll have to wait until next weekend, though. :( So little time to sink ships.

Flopper
01-23-10, 01:41 AM
This mod looks great. Broke down and traded out my widescreen for my wife's normal one to get rid of the stretch. Studied the videos, ready to go practice.

Anyone know where the zoom is on the attack periscope? I've tried tab and mouse wheel (and about every other key) but no joy. There was zooming in the video, but I can't seem to find it.

verte
01-23-10, 06:09 AM
There is no zoom in this version, in the video it was old version. The lack of zoom makes measurements in attack periscope quite unusuable for me :(

Flopper
01-25-10, 04:11 PM
I'll just have to deal with the lack of zoom, I guess. And no contact updates. I'm really enjoying this mod... it's put me clear back to the academy.

:rock:

onelifecrisis
01-25-10, 04:34 PM
I'll just have to deal with the lack of zoom, I guess. And no contact updates. I'm really enjoying this mod... it's put me clear back to the academy.

:rock:

You do get contact updates on the map (provided you have them turned on in your realism settings) but only when "zoomed out". This makes it so that you can't determine the contact positions with super-accuracy just by looking at the map, but you do get an overview of the situation and enough detail to track contacts over a distance.

BTW if you go into realism setting and click "REALISTIC" you get the recommended settings for the mod (which are different in MkIId than what they were when the video tuts were recorded).

Flopper
01-26-10, 02:25 PM
You do get contact updates on the map (provided you have them turned on in your realism settings) but only when "zoomed out". This makes it so that you can't determine the contact positions with super-accuracy just by looking at the map, but you do get an overview of the situation and enough detail to track contacts over a distance.

BTW if you go into realism setting and click "REALISTIC" you get the recommended settings for the mod (which are different in MkIId than what they were when the video tuts were recorded).

I was only able to put in about 5 hours yesterday evening... I noticed the contacts when zoomed all the way out.

When I first started using this mod, I was a bit intimidated by the lack of zoom, contacts, and no help with the solution. In fact I went berzerk for a while and drove my boat around like a madman at the academy with an 'okay, how about if i get close enough to where there's no solution that could miss' attitude.

After calming down and reviewing parts of the videos again, several key points sunk in, and the term "true bearing" among others has more meaning to me now. Made it for quite a different game. I'd hate to do without this mod now... :salute:

verte
02-02-10, 05:37 PM
If I install 1.2.7 gui over "Gold MkII" will I only lose the correct waves effect? Playing without zoom is no option for me anymore, but I like the olc gui most.

onelifecrisis
02-02-10, 06:04 PM
If I install 1.2.7 gui over "Gold MkII" will I only lose the correct waves effect? Playing without zoom is no option for me anymore, but I like the olc gui most.

:hmmm:

I'm not sure whether that will work right or not. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work right with either of the LRT 'Gold' options, but it might work with either of the other two options. I can't remember now whether there are any extra file changes in 'Gold' which are not in 1.2.7, but it's worth a try if you're feeling adventurous. Assuming it does work then yes you will lose the wave rendering fix plus a lot of GUI features (realistic map contact updates, flag charts, and I can't even remember what else). If it doesn't work then you could just use 1.2.7 on it's own (leaving out 'Gold' altogether) in which case you'd be playing with an older version of my environment mod (the one included with GWX, called '16km Atmosphere') which is missing some nice things like the improved horizon, but otherwise still has most of the same "features".

HTH
OLC

verte
02-03-10, 11:04 AM
Thank you for the answer. In fact - it was very simple and I think I didn't lose anything beside the correct waves.

If anyone wishes to use the new OLC 'Gold' with old zoom options the only file that must be changed/edited is the "Cameras.dat" - you must take the old cameras.dat from olc 1.2.7 and replace the new file - or if you wish to change ONLY the zoom in the periscopes - edit the new cameras.dat with Silent 3ditor and copy the options from the periscope branch in the old cameras.dat to the new file.

One more thing - if you don't want to enable the "double mast mod" you can copy the files AOBFInnerDisc.tga and AOBFOuterDisc.tga from e.g. "ACM Reloaded" gui - now you can use the aob finder without double mast values.

zulus
02-03-10, 11:37 AM
I want to congrat OLC, it was a year ago this Thread was started and I must admit it's the best hardcore mod related to manual targeting mod for me :)GWX3.0 + St.Naz Schluese and other unit V4 + OLCMK2 must have and respect :) Once again Danke!

Rosencrantz
02-08-10, 05:56 AM
BUMP!

Is there another place than SS to DL this mod, as I can't get anything from SS just now? (Site under maintenance?) OLC's work looks very interesting and I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks for help!

-RC-

JCWolf
02-10-10, 09:44 PM
Hey OLC!

Hope you are OK!

You said in your first post that Environment doesn't work without GUI,
So I have tested it separated from GUI, and yes it works mate, Don't know what touch your rendered waves gives but I took:

Env file plus Misc file and Library file without the Camera file inside plus your scene Data File and installed all assembled in a single Mod file and it works OK without any probs.

What exactly is wrong without the GUI Mod?

onelifecrisis
02-10-10, 09:51 PM
What exactly is wrong without the GUI Mod?

The horizon. It's playable though.

Nice to see you by the way. :)

JCWolf
02-10-10, 10:06 PM
The horizon. It's playable though.

Nice to see you by the way. :)

Thanks,

Catching up again with all the new stuff that you guys released...

In reference to your Env mod it works great and it is a beauty as your last one, but I can see the differences, Clouds are much more realistic sky colors, ocean colors and waves, The sun looks awesome....Resuming great work.:salute:

I am using your particles files is that related to the Improved Damage effects?

onelifecrisis
02-10-10, 10:09 PM
Thanks,

Catching up again with all the new stuff that you guys released...

In reference to your Env mod it works great and it is a beauty as your last one, but I can see the differences, Clouds are much more realistic sky colors, ocean colors and waves, The sun looks awesome....Resuming great work.:salute:

I am using your particles files is that related to the Improved Damage effects?

Thanks. :)

My particle files (the ones in OLC Gold) are the same as the GWX particle files, except I changed the lighting parameters so that water splashes and smoke are correctly/dynamically lit by the environment (this prevents what I call "glow-in-the-dark particle effects").

JCWolf
02-11-10, 06:37 AM
Thanks. :)

My particle files (the ones in OLC Gold) are the same as the GWX particle files, except I changed the lighting parameters so that water splashes and smoke are correctly/dynamically lit by the environment (this prevents what I call "glow-in-the-dark particle effects").

Thanks for the imput...

I guess I am still catching the updated stuff, but your Effects and DD OH mod were the first I looked for, cause they realy make a diference...

Now looking for some more stuff and then with some free time maybe
going back to my U-Boat 3 Mod....:salute:

Thanks my friend.

JCWolf
02-13-10, 07:37 AM
OLC Have a question,

Everything works great with your Mod installed, just the Env as I told you,
but some how I think the Sun and Moon are to small , why is that ?

Is that something to do with my NVidea Graphic card It's a GeForce GTX 260 ?:salute:

onelifecrisis
02-13-10, 07:46 AM
OLC Have a question,

Everything works great with your Mod installed, just the Env as I told you,
but some how I think the Sun and Moon are to small , why is that ?

Is that something to do with my NVidea Graphic card It's a GeForce GTX 260 ?:salute:

I made them the same size as they are IRL. This makes them look small, partly due to the wide-angle field of view in the game, and partly due to people being used to seeing over-sized suns and moons in video games.

Hitman
02-13-10, 08:48 AM
I made them the same size as they are IRL. This makes them look small, partly due to the wide-angle field of view in the game, and partly due to people being used to seeing over-sized suns and moons in video games.

It should also be wroth checking if JC has no problem with sun halo appearing? :hmmm:

JCWolf
02-13-10, 09:08 AM
It should also be wroth checking if JC has no problem with sun halo appearing? :hmmm:

No problem at all with the sun Halo mate, in fact the Sun is Real then ever, exactly like he shows over is Pics or the ones I have seen from his Mod, The size is the only Strange thing but it is OK, just wondering if it was supposed to be this way!:03:

Tobus
02-23-10, 09:05 AM
Just got into SH3 again, using GWX3 + OLCG2d.

I'm wondering: is the big stopwatch with the length-of-ship vs speed-dial still ok? Because when using it, I get values lower than when using the wizzwheel. When using the stopwatch, I consistently shoot "behind" the target also.

onelifecrisis
03-01-10, 07:54 AM
I'm wondering: is the big stopwatch with the length-of-ship vs speed-dial still ok?

It hasn't changed. It should still work fine.

Tobus
03-01-10, 08:27 AM
Thanks onelifecrisis, then it can only be me being stupid :damn:

onelifecrisis
03-01-10, 08:35 AM
Thanks onelifecrisis, then it can only be me being stupid :damn:

I didn't mean to imply that. :oops:

I'm just saying it hasn't changed.

You could always check the math yourself. Crunching the numbers might let you find where the discrepancy is coming from? :06:

brucesim2003
03-06-10, 05:58 AM
I'm having a problem with this - I can't change the zoom on the attack scope. The mouse wheel no longer works. I take this mod out, and it works....put it back, it stops. This mod is the last to load using jgsme.

Cheers

Bruce

tomfon
03-06-10, 06:22 AM
Hey, brucesim2003.

The zoom level is fixed in this mod. The zoom level is fixed at x3.5 (i'm not so sure for the value) for the attack periscope while for the observation periscope the value is fixed at x6.

:salute:

brucesim2003
03-06-10, 06:59 AM
Strange, the tutorials show two zooms being used.

Cheers

Bruce

Flopper
03-06-10, 10:48 AM
Strange, the tutorials show two zooms being used.

Cheers

Bruce

The main tutorial is from an earlier version, which had zoom. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the zoom is fixed now to allow olc's "wave fix" for lack of a better term. The wave action during rough seas is quite dramatic (and adds difficulty) when viewing through the periscopes with this mod.

Hey, brucesim2003.

The zoom level is fixed in this mod. The zoom level is fixed at x3.5 (i'm not so sure for the value) for the attack periscope while for the observation periscope the value is fixed at x6.

:salute:

3x for the attack scope, I believe. Cheers!

tomfon
03-06-10, 11:03 AM
The tutorial was made for OLC GUI and not for OLC Gold MkII mod. OLC had first released his GUI mod which initially had two zoom levels and if i recall correctly he fixed the zoom level at a certain value at a later release. So, yeah, you now have only one zoom level for the attack periscope. The change he made was part of the fix/tweak he included for the waves to be rendered correctly as they are viewed through the attack periscope.

vergol
03-14-10, 04:26 PM
I've been using OLC GUI for a long time now, but recently I started to doubt the functionality of the included Longer Repair Times.

I have Option 4 enabled (Environment + EDE + GUI + LRT), but repairs take mere seconds. Do I have to enable the original 'LRT v2.04' separately to get the desired functionality? Or am I doing something wrong?

Oh, and I'm also using ACM Reloaded, so maybe that's the problem?

tomfon
03-15-10, 05:50 AM
What kind of repairs are you talking about? Could you be more specific?

In fact, OLC's mod includes LRT mod (v. 2.04II) with the exception of the ''Depth Charge Shake'' mod with which it is not compatible.

h.sie
03-15-10, 08:04 AM
probably basic.cfg has been overwrittten by an later mod?

vergol
03-15-10, 05:46 PM
I haven't tested heavier damage yet, but minor damage and moderate flooding disappears in about 5 seconds from a single compartment. I assume it should take up to an hour or more.

I checked basic.cfg, and no mod is overwriting OLC's version.

Buck_O
03-15-10, 10:31 PM
OLC, what does "Install SH3 Commander Files for OLC 'Gold'.exe" acctually do ?

and it should be installed after "GWX3_SH3Cdr3.2Files_v1.2.exe" right ?

Do I need to enable 16km atmosphere before enabling OLC Gold or is it already integrated into OLC Gold ?

Contact, did you ever find the answer to this question you asked in post #30? I did a search for this post about SH3 commander to find out what that little exe. does, I still don't know.

I was wondering because I would like to try switching between diffrent GUI mods (trying to see what one fits me best) , but I dont want that little exe. from OLC to interfere with other GUI mods im trying...

onelifecrisis
03-16-10, 04:41 AM
Contact, did you ever find the answer to this question you asked in post #30? I did a search for this post about SH3 commander to find out what that little exe. does, I still don't know.

I was wondering because I would like to try switching between diffrent GUI mods (trying to see what one fits me best) , but I dont want that little exe. from OLC to interfere with other GUI mods im trying...

The exe doesn't interfere with anything. It adds new files in new folders which are only used by OLC GUI/Gold. It doesn't modify any existing files.

Buck_O
03-16-10, 11:46 PM
thank you for clearing that up for me OLC:up:

zxc23
06-15-10, 11:21 AM
What is 'EDE'? No amount of googling or searching this forum seems to help.

Thanks

onelifecrisis
06-15-10, 11:25 AM
What is 'EDE'? No amount of googling or searching this forum seems to help.

Thanks

EDE is the "Enhanced Damage Effects" JSGME mod which comes with GWX. I modified it to make it compatible with my mod.

zxc23
06-15-10, 11:26 AM
Aha, that makes sense. Thanks for the prompt response!

onelifecrisis
06-15-10, 11:28 AM
Aha, that makes sense. Thanks for the prompt response!

You're welcome. :salute:

pickinthebanjo
06-15-10, 12:19 PM
EDE is the "Enhanced Damage Effects" JSGME mod which comes with GWX. I modified it to make it compatible with my mod.

EDE is not compatable with OLC GUI? I've never had problems

onelifecrisis
06-15-10, 01:05 PM
EDE is not compatable with OLC GUI? I've never had problems

(I'll assume that by "OLC GUI" you mean OLC Gold.)

The version of EDE included with OLC Gold is compatible with OLC Gold.
The version of EDE included with GWX is not compatible.
By "not compatible" I do not mean that you will get CTDs or other errors; rather, you will not have the "correct" lighting on your particle effects. They will still work, they'll just be the wrong colours and/or be brighter/darker than I intended.

tomfon
06-15-10, 01:41 PM
Hey, OLC. Nice to see you around. It's been sometime. I hope you're doing fine.:salute:

onelifecrisis
06-15-10, 01:46 PM
Hey, OLC. Nice to see you around. It's been sometime. I hope you're doing fine.:salute:

Hey tomfon. I'm doing pretty good thanks. How's life in sunny Greece? Wait... location:Lyon??

tomfon
06-15-10, 01:59 PM
Hey tomfon. I'm doing pretty good thanks. How's life in sunny Greece? Wait... location:Lyon??

Have you already forgotten? I'm doing a master degree on Physics here.;)

onelifecrisis
06-15-10, 02:05 PM
Have you already forgotten? I'm doing a master degree on Physics here.;)

You never told me that! I know because I never ever forget details like that. :hmm2: Well, maybe sometimes. :oops:

I take it you speak French too, then?

tomfon
06-15-10, 02:20 PM
Yes i did!:know: You gave me a hard time looking for this conversation mate but here it is.

Actually a few posts after the following you'll read about me telling you that i'm going to do a master degree there, well, here.

@Darkseed and/or anyone else intersted.

I think this (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128700&highlight=dragable+stopwatch) is it. The first post should suffice but read the whole thread anyway.

@OLC
Greetings mate. ;)
Italy uh? Nice. I've never been there yet. I've tried England and hopefully this year i'll go to France and not just for a few days. We'll see.

P.S. Could you please check what i've posted above. I hope it will help those interested to the dragable stopwatch issue.

Edit: I've just looked at Mikhay's single post and as far as i know his instructions should work fine. I've never tried this myself so please have a look OLC. Thanks.

Paris is awesome! :yep: I know that's not a very "original" recommendation but there's a reason - many reasons, actually - why Paris is so famous. One thing I'll say is that if you do ever go there then try to learn some basic French! The Parisians seem to hate it when people speak English, but if you try to speak French they'll warm to you even if you screw it up. Or maybe they just like to see Englishmen looking like idiots. :hmmm: Any Parisians reading this? Where's Alex when I need him? :arrgh!:

Er, I had a glance at it. Yeah it's probably fine.

You never told me that! I know because I never ever forget details like that. :hmm2: Well, maybe sometimes. :oops:

I take it you speak French too, then?

And yes, i speak French too. My French are not as good as my English but i'm doing fine.:arrgh!:

onelifecrisis
06-15-10, 02:24 PM
Oops, I should have added /sarcasm to my last post. I know my memory is rubbish! Sorry about that... and thanks for digging up the post for extra nose-rubbing, you git. :shifty: ;)

tomfon
06-15-10, 02:32 PM
My pleasure.:rotfl2:

I'm leaving for Greece on the last day of June. I think it is time i had some vacation. This year drained me out. As for Greece, well, we are going to have a really hard time. Pensioners and young people like me are going to suffer, myself included. We'll see though. I prefer to be an optimist.

pickinthebanjo
06-15-10, 04:42 PM
(I'll assume that by "OLC GUI" you mean OLC Gold.)

The version of EDE included with OLC Gold is compatible with OLC Gold.
The version of EDE included with GWX is not compatible.
By "not compatible" I do not mean that you will get CTDs or other errors; rather, you will not have the "correct" lighting on your particle effects. They will still work, they'll just be the wrong colours and/or be brighter/darker than I intended.

Gotcha, oh and I'm using 1.2.7 rather than gold. Is there a difference?

onelifecrisis
06-17-10, 10:01 AM
Gotcha, oh and I'm using 1.2.7 rather than gold. Is there a difference?

OLC Gold combines an updated version of OLC GUI (quite a lot of changes and additions from 1.2.7) with an updated version of my environment mod (which used to be called OLCE2, and which is now included in GWX3 as a JSGME mod with the name "16km Atmosphere").

I merged them because certain changes I wanted to make involved at least one file that was common to both my mods, and I couldn't be bothered maintaining 3 mods (1 with only GUI, 1 with only environment, and 1 with both combined) when I would only be using the combined one.

If you're already using OLC GUI 1.2.7 with the GWX3 16km Atmosphere mod then you really have nothing to lose by upgrading to OLC Gold. If you're using a different environment mod then you may want to stick with 1.2.7.

As for compatibility, EDE is compatible with OLC GUI 1.2.7.

HTH
OLC

tomfon
06-17-10, 11:32 AM
Hello. I have another question regarding the GUI 1.2.7.
Is there any chance for Karamazov's "ACM GUI Reloaded for OLC Gold MkII" be compatible with 1.2.7?

onelifecrisis
06-17-10, 12:03 PM
Hello. I have another question regarding the GUI 1.2.7.
Is there any chance for Karamazov's "ACM GUI Reloaded for OLC Gold MkII" be compatible with 1.2.7?

Hmm, I doubt it mate. Can't say for sure as I've not looked at ACM.

I hope you enjoy your vacation. :)

tomfon
06-17-10, 01:02 PM
Hmm, I doubt it mate. Can't say for sure as I've not looked at ACM.

I hope you enjoy your vacation. :)

Thanks, it is true that i need some relaxation. My town is located by the sea so, literally speaking, i have everything i need right in front of me.

As for your answer, no worries mate. I will try to have a look myself and i will post back. :up:

clouclou
06-18-10, 02:41 AM
Onelifecrisis
Has long had problems with the dials removable bottom center (angles, distances, speed of the target dot).
By taking one line in CFG, "commands", I deleted the MnID 0 x 3F10017 in Cmd 131. Since I have my hands dial that rotates.
I rather regret that the filters are removed for the night and Peri and Obsscope.
Otherwise Perfect, Thank you for the work.
translated text.

皮卡尔船长
06-21-10, 11:16 AM
Thanks a lot!

Gorshkov
06-27-10, 08:22 PM
I got black sky after installing this mod. I think this has something in common with "16 km Atmosphere" GWX optional mod because I also got identical bug after activating it. Any hints?

onelifecrisis
06-28-10, 03:21 AM
I got black sky after installing this mod. I think this has something in common with "16 km Atmosphere" GWX optional mod because I also got identical bug after activating it. Any hints?

A black sky is usually caused by people installing the mod without first rolling back SH3 Commander. Also you should make sure that the 16km mod is disabled before installing this mod.

Gorshkov
06-28-10, 06:30 AM
Yes, SH3 Commander's roll-back solved this problem. However your GUI interface and underwater view are still to dark. Any workaround?

onelifecrisis
06-28-10, 06:33 AM
Yes, Sub Commander's roll-back solved this problem. However your GUI interface and underwater view are still to dark. Any workaround?

It's a high-realism mod, I'm afraid. That means it's dark underwater and you can't see very far. Actually I was rather generous with the underwater visibility; IRL you'd see even less! But I digress. No, there's no workaround. If you want to change the way it looks underwater then you'll need to mod it yourself.

Gorshkov
06-28-10, 06:36 AM
OK, and what about dark GUI elements?

onelifecrisis
06-28-10, 06:37 AM
OK, and dark GUI elements?

Done on purpose. Try peering at a target through the scope on a dark OLC night, then you'll see why the GUI elements are darkened. :)

pickinthebanjo
06-30-10, 09:26 AM
I love the dark GUI elements. I remember back before I used this mod, when it would be dark and I would be looking through the scope, I would open the recognition manual and it would pretty much blind me because it was so bright killing my nightvision for a while

Gorshkov
06-30-10, 09:52 AM
Ye I like my eyesight more so I do not want to go blind during daytime with this mod. :rotfl2:

crisi
07-20-10, 08:10 AM
Hy,

it's possible to use the mods:
1. GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
2. Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
3. DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
now or in future?

I'm using "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT" with "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII". The mod "Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71" will overrite a lot of dat files like "Zones.cfg, library\Materials.dat and particles.dat".
Same like GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010 with a lot of other files.

onelifecrisis
07-20-10, 09:42 AM
Hy,

it's possible to use the mods:
1. GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
2. Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
3. DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
now or in future?

I'm using "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT" with "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII". The mod "Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71" will overrite a lot of dat files like "Zones.cfg, library\Materials.dat and particles.dat".
Same like GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010 with a lot of other files.

Last I heard DD's OH mod was compatible with OLC Gold, but I don't know if anyone made it compatible with ACM. You should really ask in DD's thread.

Flags & Pens, I don't know, but it will probably be okay.

SH4 effects, again I don't know. RB made it into much more than an effects mod, so it "touched" all sorts of things, and then he left it unfinished. I think some other modder(s) carried on with it after that but I've no idea what the final state of it was, or how compatible it is, or whether it will break things.

tomfon
07-20-10, 02:48 PM
Last I heard DD's OH mod was compatible with OLC Gold, but I don't know if anyone made it compatible with ACM.

ACM is compatible with FMs ''Interiors'' mod. Karamazov has already taken care of this matter. This means that DD's ''Open Hatch'' mod can be used along with ''Interiors'' mod, OLC's mod (options 2 or 4) and ACM. I'm using all this mods and the game runs fine. Last, i'm mot 100% sure but i think that Karamazov's compatibility patch for the ''Interiors'' mod can be used with DD's ''Open Hatch'' mod. I tried this once but i don't remember the outcome. Certanly, i didn't get a CTD.

If anyone is interested please have a look at the following thread for the proper actvation order of the mods. DD's ''readme'' file is very informative too. It is included in FM's ''Interiors'' mod. If someone wants to play the game with the ''ACM'' mod and DD's ''Open Hach'' mod only i think he should read that file too to get the whole picture. I'll post my mods list too just to prove that using all this mods in conjuction is doable. I'll do this after 2 1/2 hours,approximately.:D

Oh, here is the thread i was talking about: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155366

P.S. I know that my reply is not a direct answer to crisi's question and OLC's answer too but that's what i can think of. I know nothing about the compatibility of the other mods crisi's is asking about.

tomfon
07-20-10, 05:22 PM
OLC Gold MkIIc - option 4
OLC Gold MKIId
ACM Reloaded for OLC Gold MKII
DD's Open hatch
FM's New Interior
ACM-Compatibility patch for FM's mod

beckorinho
07-24-10, 02:38 AM
Hi buddies,

could someone please upload the OLC-Gold-MkIId-Update, the filefront link on the first page gives me "file not found" error.

Thanks,
beckorinho

Plissken_04
07-24-10, 04:44 AM
Hi buddies,

could someone please upload the OLC-Gold-MkIId-Update, the filefront link on the first page gives me "file not found" error.

Thanks,
beckorinho

You can download it here

ftp://maikhaas.dyndns.org/Volume_1/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/

So Long

Maik

beckorinho
07-24-10, 07:09 AM
Maby thanks, Plissken.

I owe you one!

Plissken_04
07-24-10, 09:36 AM
Maby thanks, Plissken.

I owe you one!

No Problem :up:

Dave
07-26-10, 01:50 AM
I have downloaded the mod. ready to install. I already have SH3 commander installed. Do i remove the existing, or do i just activate the mod. via JSGME( depending on which part i require0. If i need to install SH3 Commander, which directory do i install to.

Thanks

PS thanks for your hard work

Dave:)

ryanwigginton
07-28-10, 02:17 AM
This mod/thread deserves a sticky along side GWX. Surprised to see it still drifting up and down the forum board.

onelifecrisis
07-28-10, 04:39 AM
This mod/thread deserves a sticky along side GWX. Surprised to see it still drifting up and down the forum board.

It used to be stickied. I asked a mod to un-sticky it. It worked - since then I've had a lot less idiotic questions. It seems that, as a general rule, people can't be arsed to go to the second/third/fourth page of the forum to post inanities!

I know, I'm an arsehole.

@Dave
IIRC there is a document included in the download that explains how to install the mod.

Royale-Adio
07-28-10, 01:40 PM
I cannot magnify the attack periscope with this mod. Also, there is no icons for ships or my sub on the map. Is this normal?

Oh and yes, I read the first post and the readme included in the mod.

sharkbit
07-28-10, 05:51 PM
I cannot magnify the attack periscope with this mod. Also, there is no icons for ships or my sub on the map. Is this normal?

Yes to both.
IIRC OLC had to disable the scope magnification to get some environmental stuff to work correctly and the icons only appear when you're zoomed way out I believe.
Details are buried somewhere in this thread.

:)

Badger Finn
07-29-10, 01:19 AM

Oh and yes, I read the first post and the readme included in the mod.

sharkbit is correct

Yes thats the nature of the mod it changes wave behaviour when looking through the scope etc and the horizon is tweaked plus altering map features

Works well and Ive enjoyed this mod from day one with no problems!

Royale-Adio
07-29-10, 01:32 AM
Is there a tutorial for using the AOBF but for this version of it ONLY?

sharkbit
07-29-10, 07:47 AM
Is there a tutorial for using the AOBF but for this version of it ONLY?

Try this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1112

I'm not sure exactly what versions of the GUI the videos cover, but I think the AOB finder works pretty much the same in all versions.

:)

Badger Finn
07-29-10, 06:04 PM
The same basic approach does indeed work on all the attack disc gui's from olc's through to h.sie 1.5 tweak

I must say the speed calc is pretty cool on the ACM h.sie + having the olc type stop watch enables one to get a good speed calc with bit of guesstamation left in

All in all these olc type gui's have been a game/sim maker!

Magui, ACM and h.sie also have some good docs on manual targeting and attck disc use.

Barso
09-05-10, 07:55 PM
How do I get the icons in the bottom left for the different stations?
For myself, it's currently only showing the officers faces for the different stations.
I prefer the icons that are in the picture on the first post.
Thanks, great mod.

SashaKA001
10-17-10, 09:44 PM
Why I can not download the mod?:damn::damn::damn: Constantly fails. Or please give an alternate link.

not only sways the link (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=997)

Plissken_04
10-18-10, 03:05 AM
Why I can not download the mod?:damn::damn::damn: Constantly fails. Or please give an alternate link.

not only sways the link (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=997)

Download it here

So Long

Maik

SashaKA001
10-18-10, 08:31 AM
Download it here

So Long

Maik

Thank you:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Plissken_04
10-18-10, 05:11 PM
Thank you:yeah::yeah::yeah:

No Problem :up:

So Long

Maik

kraszus
01-24-11, 12:33 PM
I am using a widescreen fix to enable 1680x 1050 on my monitor. I'm currently downloading this mod but am now wondering if the widescreen fix would affect any of my plotting measurements ingame (Range, Angles)?

Also, would it affect any stadiometer readings?

von faust
01-31-11, 11:01 AM
I'm a little bit confused about the correct configuration of OLC?Gold' with GWX + FM_Interior + DD_OH

In order I have activate:

- GWX (without 16K Ahmosphere, EDE, ALternative Fl, Integrated Orders)
- OLC 'GOLD' MKII ~ OPTION 4
- FM_Interior
- FM_INterior fix for OLC_GUI_001

It's correct ? :hmmm:

To have the magnification on periscope is indispensable the version 1.2.7 + GWX 16k ?

Thanks

Blackworth
03-07-11, 02:27 PM
the linkds do not seem to work for the olc 'gold' mkIId update. plz help links are not working!

Plissken_04
03-07-11, 05:04 PM
the linkds do not seem to work for the olc 'gold' mkIId update. plz help links are not working!

Download here

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_1/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

Victor Schutze
03-24-11, 12:15 PM
This is an Environment & GUI "combimod" for GWX3 (previously known as the OLC Ubermod for GWX2).

Downloads:

Get MkIIc from the SUBSIM downloads section (here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=997)). An upgrade from MkIIc to MkIId is available at my FF page (here (http://files.filefront.com/OLC+Gold+MkIId+Update/;13909129;/fileinfo.html)).

If you're new to this mod:

There's a download in the SUBSIM download section called "OLC GUI Video Tutorials" (here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1112)) which explains how to use my GUI. Be sure to read the description text on the download page as it contains some things that were not covered in the videos.

Compatibility:

OLCG2 is not compatible with the Malfunction and Sabotage options in SH3 Commander. Please make sure those options are disabled.
I strongly recommend the use of makman94's TMT Mod (here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=153937)) with OLCG2.

New in MkII:

A much-improved horizon. Clouds, ships and smoke will now fade into the horizon much more convincingly than before (new sky graphics are included to achieve this effect); distant ships don't "float in the fog" anymore and the horizon line is drawn at the correct distance, so ships less than 8km from you will look like they've not reached the horizon yet, where as ships more than 8km will look like they're "over" the horizon.
Better framerates. Yes, better! Contrary to my previous statements, this new version actually improves framerates rather than making them worse.
Slightly tweaked water reflection settings.
Subtle changes to the cloud and wave textures.
A global tweak to the waves: I've increased the "ChoppyWave" value from 0.03 to 0.04, which makes the water look better IMO (slightly more WAC-like). I stayed away from this setting in the past because I couln't be arsed to test it for adverse effects, but I've now tested various values of this setting and can confirm that it has no impact on sensors. It's impact on "physics" (ship motion/speed/sinking mechanics) is more difficult to determine, but I've noticed no obvious adverse effects even with large changes so I think the small increase from 0.03 to 0.04 is quite safe.
Fixes for some particle effects which were still suffering from the "glow in the dark" problem (with or without EDE).
Smaller map contact drawings for individual units. This makes it easier to see where individual units are, relative to your boat, and also means that single ships now look different to small convoys on the map.
The option to use the Longer Repair Times mod by nvdrfiter (v2.04 FULL is included in OLCG2 and has been modified for compatibility with OLC GUI).

The environment and the GUI are inseperable. I would like to have split them for this release but unfortunately the horizon improvements won't work very well without the "correctly rendered waves" trick used in my GUI, and of course the GUI requires the environment (as before) so the two mods are mutually dependent now, I'm afraid.

Please note that in order to accomodate some of the horizon changes, the maximum visibiliy was reduced a tiny bit (just a few hundred metres).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3635/3559433597_46327d24d1_o.jpg

onelifecrisis,

I am trying unsuccessfully to download your MkIIc version through this link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=997

and I only get a bunch of characters such as these: *s0]{dð¤úæR¿ÑlÈe>T
Ȩ¿‘ë«ïÿi|g¶‘ÑÔ÷‹O+ƒ×ô™C]Ú“ŒìžrŽ§¦Ð o êncòžÌÛ’”ÐÐ\_Bg µ<óbÉ_þx™ÿ{KhÔÓ±1§ék'3’#TÐx·ýM9¸h:wah::wah::wah:

EDIT: Ok I got it through the ftp on my other comp. Thanks:)

von faust
03-25-11, 09:29 AM
Hi to all.

I have a little problem with periscope (obs and attack) vision.
It seems that there is a filter (red and green), the day is clear

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4011/outf.jpg

The Obs scope tending to green

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4305/obsj.jpg

The attack scope tending to red

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8027/att2r.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5964/att1gh.jpg

This is not a great problem with a clear day but near evening and night it's very hard to see something.

Thanks

sabretwo
03-25-11, 03:14 PM
BTW...Has anyone modified OLC Gold yet for widescreen?

I know that makman has his version of MaGUI in widescreen (derived from OLC), but I have the hardest damn time getting accurate solutions with Makman's mod. I average only 50-60% accuracy under 3000m compared to OLC Gold at 80-90% accuracy on average. :damn:

Someone out there must have a widescreen version.

xptical
03-31-11, 08:05 PM
Maybe I missed something.

I installed SH3 from Steam. I installed GWX3. I installed OLC MkIIc. I opened JSGME and activated Option 4. I copied the files from MkIId into my SH3 directory and told it to overwrite the existing files.

I selected full realism and then un-ticked "no map contact update".

I fired up the navigation training mission and I don't have any contacts on my map.

Did I do something wrong?

I tested at each step to see where the contacts stopped appearing. It always happens after I activate the mod in JSGME.

I have no other JSGME options enabled.

In the OLC videos, he clearly un-ticks the option, same as me, and he has icons on his map.

EDIT -- Disregard. I guess there was an update between the video and the OLC that I'm running that removes contacts no matter what you have checked.

onelifecrisis
04-01-11, 06:45 AM
Yes, there was an update. Map contacts are not completely removed, but they are only visible when you zoom out. The idea is that you can get situational awareness from the map, but not super-accurate positions on individual ships (you'll have to manually measure and plot those yourself).

onelifecrisis
04-01-11, 08:01 AM
Hi to all.

I have a little problem with periscope (obs and attack) vision.
It seems that there is a filter (red and green), the day is clear

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4011/outf.jpg

The Obs scope tending to green

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4305/obsj.jpg

The attack scope tending to red

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8027/att2r.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5964/att1gh.jpg

This is not a great problem with a clear day but near evening and night it's very hard to see something.

Thanks

Looks like you have mixed OLC Gold with some other mods. There's probably a conflict.

Pisces
04-02-11, 08:22 AM
MaGUI's mod by the looks of it. The attackscope filter is a feature. You can also enable blue and green in JSGME. This mod is based on OLC's work, but has some major changes i.e. in the periscopes. And includes the other side of the Attackdisk, and a disk I made (a AOB calculator based on 3 bearings). Better read those threads and documentation that came with it. Looking here is of little help.

SteveR
07-07-11, 07:18 PM
The environment and the GUI are inseperable. I would like to have split them for this release but unfortunately the horizon improvements won't work very well without the "correctly rendered waves" trick used in my GUI, and of course the GUI requires the environment (as before) so the two mods are mutually dependent now, I'm afraid.

Is there no way this environment can be installed separately on stock SH3?

The horizon is short distance in stock so I doubt it requires the fix that is used in the GUI.

wasd77
08-17-11, 10:04 AM
good work.

Fish In The Water
08-17-11, 05:55 PM
good work.

Thanks for letting them know and welcome to post-ville! :sunny:

nerfhearder1977
08-19-11, 11:20 PM
Miss my map icons, how do i bring em back

Lucky07
08-21-11, 03:58 PM
With this mod how u can get the speed , the aob , and the distance to a target ??? the notepad disspeared xDDD , i like to much the mod but .... lol really ow u do it xD ?

there is no way to get back with this mod the notepad to calculate it ?
and second one i was using the 1GWX - Rafael DSK GUI for dials , BIG dials , now it dissapiared too , any way to get back big dials too ? ( no necesary to remove the others)

Lucky07
08-22-11, 04:15 AM
Forget it , SO GREAT !!!! i see the tutorial videos and the mod is Perfect !!
but i have the next dude...
in new interior mod recomendme the next built in JSGME

For your information, this is my actual list in JSGME, for SH3 V15G2 plus Surrender Patch and GWX 3 Gold. Anothers mods activated via SH3 Commander.

Please, observe the order for FM Interiors and the Aces compatability fixes.

All the mods working very fine.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\SH3\MODS]

GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Rbs3withlifeboat
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
FM30_UpDown_final
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta
Aces' St.Nazaire Super Pens v5.1 GWX Version
Aces' Super Turms v6 for GWX
MaGui 3.4
Widescreen MaGui v3.4
optional-blue recmanual for Widescreen MaGui v3.4
optional-stopwatch with speed lines for Widescreen MaGui v3.4
Type VII salvo selector
Flakmonkey's Interior with crew
Aces' Super Turms v6 Damo's Type 7 Atmospheric Interior lighting add-on
GWX_SH4StyleFlag_fullModel
Pascal_Port_People
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
BMW-R75 v.1 by TP
Dönitz Aces - Custom Emblems
Das_Boot_Besatzung_v2.1-Stations-ohne_Kaleun
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
FM NI Fix for WideScreen MaGui v3.4
Aces' MaGUI v3.4 (Widescreen version) add-on v3 for Super Turms 5+ & Multimod compatability Fix v1.3
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
Combat Radio Frequency
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rapt0r's DBSM Addon Yes Sir Patch
Rbs10-enhancedoilexplosion
Rbs2withbuoyance
B25_Deck_Crew_Ambient
Haunting Atlantic Wind
Karle's_Crash_Dive_Mod
Real Depth Charge
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Aces' Modified Headphones
ail Das Boot officers mod v2.19
No Medals On Crew [Patch]
Compulsory U-boat Headdress - GWX 2.0
Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX
Aces' Super Turms v5.1+ GWX all U-Boats Bearded Crew On Deck Add On
Carotio_SH3_Seafloormod - 256mb
Ice Age
Scirè-Tikigod- repeated order
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3
TheDarkWraith_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_4_SH3
Supplement to V15G2 (JSGME)
O2-Gauges v2
DD_VisibleMines_V1.0
GWX - Merged Campaign Wilhelmshaven v6
FUBARSVIIC U201
GWX - 16km Atmosphere

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/salute.gif

In what position i place the OLC ?? and fixes .... the built for it i have and work nice is this

i have next list of mods

00LifeBoats&amp;Debris_v4=1
01GWX Guerra Civil Española 1.3 +Traduccion al español=2
02GWX - Reduced Positive Buoyancy=3
04GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle=4
05GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins=5
06Carotio_SH3_Seafloormod - 256mb=6
07OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 3 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI=7
09Conning Tower open Hatch _Fix_for_OLC_GUI_1 ( solo montar si se monta el Hatch093x)=8
10OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)=9
11GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010=10
12FM30_UpDown_final=11
13DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038 no montar=12
14FM_NewInterior_V1.0=13
15FM1_NI_Fix_for_OLC_GUI_001=14
16FM3_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown=15
19Gramofono=16
20GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas (OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ LRT)=17
21Hans_Von_Luck_crew skins4(chaqueta negra ofi)=18
22Hans_Von_Luck_VIIc_U131=19

I edit : i cant get zoom i periscope attack and observation persicope like in the tutorial video , is a new skill ? or a bug ?

flakmonkey
09-20-11, 01:34 PM
Are there any live links to the MkIId version, i DLd IIc from the subsim link but the filefront link to IId is dead

Plissken_04
09-20-11, 01:37 PM
Are there any live links to the MkIId version, i DLd IIc from the subsim link but the filefront link to IId is dead

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/

So Long

Maik

PeKlo
10-10-11, 06:20 AM
ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/

So Long

Maik

I would also like to get it, but that link does not work. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Plissken_04
10-10-11, 06:24 AM
I would also like to get it, but that link does not work. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I tested it and the Link works ;)

So Long

Maik

PeKlo
10-10-11, 06:29 AM
I tested it and the Link works ;)

So Long

Maik

Yes, you are right. It was a problem with Opera, I tried Chrome and it works. Thank you very much. :salute:

Admiral Ackbar.
01-17-12, 06:59 AM
Hi guys,
Im kinda new here and I've been trying to download some of these good looking mods. However filefront has seemed to have taken down all these links on subsim. Then I saw Maiks post and I thought finally thank god. How wrong I was. I had tried Maiks page with oprea, chrome, firefox, and ie with 3 different computers and I just cant get the bloody thing to work (and yes I was typing in the correct password in the signature). The closest I got was with chrome where it would eventually after spamming f5 get me to a mod but alas, it was a trap. After downloading the file chrome keeps saying it's interupted and is nowhere to be seen. I then proceeded to tried again, many many times but with the same result. Well now the point of this short story is move someone emotionally enough to reupload this file on subsim of filefront to save me from my own fustration.

Thanks
de ADMIRAL ACKBAR. :yeah:

PapaKilo
01-17-12, 07:17 AM
OLC 'Gold' MkIIc (228.42 MB)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=997&act=down

Try to download.

You will still need an update: MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc) 15 mb

or check perhaps it is already merged in 7zip file.

Plissken_04
01-17-12, 10:52 AM
I've downloaded the OLC Mod for GWX 3.0 and the OLC MKII Mod from my FTP Server by myself and checked them with 7zip and both Archives are ok.

So Long

Maik

Admiral Ackbar.
01-18-12, 04:37 AM
Thanks guys,
The mkIIc link worked and I tried your page again Maik, maybe you did something inadvertently when you downloaded it or yesterday I just had the worst possible luck with it, but I finally got the two blasted files.

Cheers
de ADMIRAL ACKBAR

Magic1111
01-19-12, 04:35 AM
Cheers
de ADMIRAL ACKBAR

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard!!!:salute::salute::salute:

SEAWOLF50
01-25-12, 03:05 AM
Hi

I found the file

Ken

Meshvit
02-01-12, 08:07 AM
Hi guys. Can somebody give the link on OLC 'Gold' MkIId please? In some reason i cant open ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/ (ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/) in my PC.

P.s sorry for my bad english

SquareSteelBar
02-01-12, 08:33 AM
...ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/ (ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/) ...Wrong URL...

That's the right one:

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/

Meshvit
02-02-12, 12:38 AM
@SquareSteelBar At the same time able to download only 5 people from this ftp server, that's why I could not join. I'm sorry that posted the message without understanding my problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here this file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11049742/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar if anyone else have problem with connecting to ftp.

MFP
03-01-12, 10:17 AM
Thanks Meshvit, that was useful. You couldn't drop the OLC 'Gold' MkIIc (228.42 MB) in there aswell could you? I am having a problem getting past a filter from here.

BulSoldier
03-09-12, 08:39 AM
ive tried downloading the last part of the mod but i cant get access to the Plissken`s site . Is there any other possible place where i can get it?

Trefoil
03-09-12, 09:52 AM
ive tried downloading the last part of the mod but i cant get access to the Plissken`s site . Is there any other possible place where i can get it?

If you're referring to the OLC 'Gold' MkIId update, this link is active -

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4mnwzwzoit

BulSoldier
03-09-12, 04:27 PM
thank you very much.

sebtus
09-07-12, 09:28 AM
I have two questions.
1 how can i get sub mark on the map?
2 how do u zoom in and out while looking at attack periscope..

Sorry for possibl silly questions.

ryanwigginton
09-07-12, 11:58 AM
OLC did not include zoom with his scopes because there is a bug, in that when you zoom, the waves become flat, allowing you to see ships that you otherwise wouldn't be able to. To counteract this he set fixed zoom level somewhere inbetween what would be unzoomed and zoomed.

Annoying I know, but so are the flat waves in stock and every other mod.

mafansiwo
12-21-12, 07:51 AM
i think you can zoom normally

SoCalUboat
07-05-13, 01:32 PM
ok im runing sh3 gwx (well this mod needs it) and fm interior but they dont work my periscope is 10 degress to the right and i cont opent hatches can you help please thx :salute:

happy hunting u 48:subsim:

SoCalUboat
07-14-13, 07:00 PM
can any one get me the olc mkIId link to this mod the link in the REL page thx

happy hunting from u 48

desertstriker
07-15-13, 01:38 PM
you mean this one? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=997

Plissken_04
07-16-13, 08:40 AM
you mean this one? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=997

He's searching for MKIId Update Not the MKIIc :03:

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar

So Long

Maik

SoCalUboat
07-17-13, 02:01 PM

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar

So Long

Maik thx but the link is dead if you have a nother link please send it also im have trouble puting fm interior and olcgui mkiic together (read some of my prev replys) if you can please help that would be great thx for the link any way

happy hunting from u 48:subsim:

SoCalUboat
07-17-13, 07:35 PM
thx but the link is dead if you have a nother link please send it also im have trouble puting fm interior and olcgui mkiic together (read some of my prev replys) if you can please help that would be great thx for the link any way

happy hunting from u 48:subsim: ok i got olc gui mk iid finally but when i put olc gui mkiic in it works then when i put the olc gui mkiid in its still olc mkiic help please its very fusterating thx

James Tiberius Kirk
07-19-13, 01:01 AM

So Long

Maik

Hi Plissken! I downloaded the MKIId update file, but I couldn't extract it.
Winrar said: The file is corrupt.
File Roller (linux stuff) said: Unexpected end of archive :-(

SquareSteelBar
07-19-13, 01:59 AM
File is OK.

Download it again.

Success?

...Winrar said: The file is corrupt...What version of WinRAR do you use?

Plissken_04
07-19-13, 09:57 AM
File is OK.

Download it again.

Success?

What version of WinRAR do you use?

Or try 7zip to extract the Archive! :03:

So Long

Maik

James Tiberius Kirk
07-19-13, 03:13 PM
Hi SquareSteelBar and Plissken_04

Thank you for your help, now it is working fine. I have downloaded (many times) the file to my laptop (using Ubuntu) and to my desktop (Centos and XP). Then I tried to extract it with 7zip, Winrar, FileRoller. No success :-(

At the last I downloaded the file with explorer 8 then I tried to extract it with 7zip. :yeah:

Who can understand it? :hmmm:

Double Mcwizzle With Chees
07-29-13, 10:30 PM
Good Mod:salute:

Heinz_McDurgen
08-03-13, 12:27 AM

So Long

Maik

I've been trying to DL this for a few days now, and it seems to always finish - then says that it's failed due to a network error. I've been DLing everything else without issue.

Is there another place I can get the c to d patch? Thank you.

Plissken_04
08-03-13, 05:28 AM
I've been trying to DL this for a few days now, and it seems to always finish - then says that it's failed due to a network error. I've been DLing everything else without issue.

Is there another place I can get the c to d patch? Thank you.

Take a look at here for your Problem

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2069980&postcount=214

So Long

Maik

Heinz_McDurgen
08-03-13, 11:15 AM
Worked like a charm. Danke.

Warren Peace
08-07-13, 02:46 AM

So Long

Maik

Plissken, you are a god! So much goodness, I don't know where to start. (Okay, that's not true, I know exactly where to start). In all seriousness, thank you for keeping those files in a stable and accessible environment.

Plissken_04
08-07-13, 03:09 AM
Plissken, you are a god! So much goodness, I don't know where to start. (Okay, that's not true, I know exactly where to start). In all seriousness, thank you for keeping those files in a stable and accessible environment.

So Long

Maik

siege00
09-20-13, 12:27 AM
I'm picking SH3 back up after a long time of no playing. Glad to see such work was done.

roten
09-24-13, 02:14 PM
i have see that mod and that reason make me to want sh3 more. im trying to load it. its very interesting...

SoCalUboat
10-07-13, 03:18 PM
ok I got fm new interior and gwx gold but icant play campanging with fm interior and it crashesand dois weird things when I have olc gui and fm please help I know subsim is very helpful:subsim:

happy hunting u48

Depth Charger
10-08-13, 08:16 PM
Hi

I also had hassles with FM interior and OLC gui, but then I found Diving Duck's Open Hatch mod and that has a specific fix for OLC GUI which worked quiet well for me. It's not quite the same as FM interiors but it's got the hatches, moving scopes and is also much easier on your pc's resources.

Link here - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514&page=102

Hope this helps.

ok I got fm new interior and gwx gold but icant play campanging with fm interior and it crashesand dois weird things when I have olc gui and fm please help I know subsim is very helpful:subsim:

happy hunting u48

SoCalUboat
10-10-13, 12:29 AM
thx but tailmange (a youtuber) has fm interior and gui together also I got the upgrade to the mod but how do I enable it thx for the help :subsim: I realy do love subsim also dois open hatch mod put full interior?

xarel
10-16-13, 05:42 AM
Greetings!

After a long time, I'm back to SH3, this time with GWX (was using LSH before).
I added the 16km mod and the extended Orders mod and try happily to survice 1939 :)
The screenshots of the OLC mod show many GUI improvements, like time compression and the order log at a different place - is this part of this mod, or some other?

Another question, in the video is so much emphasis on manual targetting - do I have to do that with this mod, or can I just auto-target as before?

The bottomline is, can I have the beautiful graphical improvements without calculating torpedo target paths myself :)

Thanks and greetings to the SH3 community!

EDIT:
To answer my own question: The MaGUI offers an enhanced GUI (even more beautiful then OLC IMHO) with contact updates on the map!

Lastman
11-10-13, 10:14 AM
a good link for the update MkIId?

BigWalleye
11-10-13, 10:50 AM
You might try the link in the post at the top of this page. Plissken is the go-to source for most SH3 mods.

Lastman
11-10-13, 11:22 AM
You might try the link in the post at the top of this page. Plissken is the go-to source for most SH3 mods.

i tried...it give me an error...

Jimbuna
11-10-13, 11:52 AM
Keep trying, it'll eventually let you in.

badwolf
11-10-13, 02:22 PM
Download the OLC_GUI_Video_Tutorial.rar as well, while your in that link. It was made for an earlier OLC Gui, but it it still applies to the Gold version. Lots of useful tips on how to use the Gui.

The video shows, you can set it to auto-targeting but you lose the aob disc etc, which you only want for manual targeting anyway.

Lastman
11-10-13, 05:05 PM
Keep trying, it'll eventually let you in.

i tried for all day...nothing...

BigWalleye
11-10-13, 06:51 PM
Did you use the correct username and password, properly capitalized?

I just verified that the site is accessible right now.

Lastman
11-11-13, 09:16 AM
Did you use the correct username and password, properly capitalized?

I just verified that the site is accessible right now.

i can enter in the site, but i can't download, i see all the mod, but the download when start at certain point the download says: operation was unsuccessful

Lastman
11-11-13, 09:51 AM
Anyone could give me good link? .... please....

BigWalleye
11-11-13, 10:15 AM
i can enter in the site, but i can't download, i see all the mod, but the download when start at certain point the download says: operation was unsuccessful

That sounds like an entirely different sort of problem. If you frequently have problems like this when downloading, you may have issues with your internet speed and quality. You might try a download manager program. I don't use one, so can't make a recommendation, but someone else here probably can.

SnipersHunter
11-11-13, 10:42 AM
Is there a widescreen version of this gui?

Lastman
11-11-13, 10:43 AM
That sounds like an entirely different sort of problem. If you frequently have problems like this when downloading, you may have issues with your internet speed and quality. You might try a download manager program. I don't use one, so can't make a recommendation, but someone else here probably can.

no, never had problem with downloads...maybe my firewall o antivirus lock the download.... i tried also with Jdownloader.... nothing and nothing.... :(

Lastman
11-11-13, 03:13 PM
no way for have a link for the mkIId update so... :/\\!!

badwolf
11-11-13, 03:25 PM
i can enter in the site, but i can't download, i see all the mod, but the download when start at certain point the download says: operation was unsuccessful I checked the download for OLC Gold MkII Update and it indeed it is broken, only 80% of it downloads. But you can still unpack it even though you get the ip error. Not sure if anything is missing though.

Tycho
11-11-13, 04:06 PM
I don't have a problem there! Put it in my dropbox for a couple of days:
OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68990563/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar)

badwolf
11-11-13, 04:43 PM
Ty Tycho - that will help Lastman.
I did manage to download it from that site eventually using a download manager. I checked it with your link and both are 8,991 KB and they test ok with 7-zip.
The onboard Firefox download manager only downloads 8,864 KB from the site and ends with an ip error.

BigWalleye
11-11-13, 07:22 PM
Just downloaded OLC Gold MkII Update from Plissken's server. No problems. Downloaded 8991KB. Running IE11 and using its onboard download manager. Perhaps the issue is with Firefox?

badwolf
11-11-13, 08:04 PM
Yes, it's Firefox, but it doesn't happen with most of the other files.

I ran Internet Explorer to test and download it without any problem.

Lastman
11-12-13, 10:33 AM
I don't have a problem there! Put it in my dropbox for a couple of days:
OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68990563/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar)

thank you! :up::up::up: ... finally! xD

anyway, maybe the problem is in Google Chrome...

Jonesy33
11-22-13, 10:29 PM
hi just wanted to ask where do i place the folders after i unzipped the file? thx

Jonesy33
11-23-13, 09:11 PM
hi can anyone give me an answer yet please i hvnt got a clue lol:06: thx

brett25
11-24-13, 03:10 AM
jonsey, you want to use JGSME....best way to install all mods...once unzipped you place the mod folder into JGSME and it will install you mod, then you can also uninstall...definitely not recommended to replace game files permanently as you can ruin your sh3 install..,,i believe JGSME is in the downloads section

Jimbuna
11-24-13, 09:49 AM
JSGME final version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5sryab9masy5xt6/jsgme_setup+v2.6.exe

Jonesy33
11-24-13, 12:56 PM
thx brett and jim . i already hve JSGME ive got OLC GOLD MKIIc in there . the files im on about placing are the update files to make it MKIId. thx

brett25
11-24-13, 01:57 PM
ok it looks like the MK2c update is JGSME ready, so all you need to do is simply install the update after the original and choose yes to overwrite any conflicting files

Jonesy33
11-24-13, 03:54 PM
thx brett think ive sorted it now

Delta Wolf
12-27-13, 01:31 PM
I would just like to say that after trying various UI mods in SH3, OLC's is by far my favourite.

Just installed it a few days ago and have started a new carrier. Took my a little while to get used to the attack disc, but Im really enjoying using this UI.

Just wanted to say thanks for this awesome mod :yeah:

Oleander
01-12-14, 01:40 PM
Is there a working link for MKiid anywhere?

Friedl9te
01-20-14, 06:01 AM
Same question, I searched really hard, but could not find a valid dl-link :06:

SquareSteelBar
01-20-14, 06:43 AM

http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/20.01.14/ztwina822fgm.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22008295/001.jpg.html)

Friedl9te
01-20-14, 07:27 AM
Vielen Dank, den habe ich gestern Nacht übersehen. :oops:

SquareSteelBar
01-20-14, 07:31 AM
Vielen Dank, den habe ich gestern Nacht übersehen. :oops:Den 'Mittelwächter' verschüttet? :03:

Friedl9te
01-20-14, 08:55 AM
Sowas in der Art :salute:

steevo45
02-24-14, 10:50 AM
Why can't I change magnification of periscope and hoe can I use the UZO in this mod? Thanks

ValoWay
03-06-14, 01:18 AM

http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/20.01.14/ztwina822fgm.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22008295/001.jpg.html)

Ich konnte mich anmelden und auch den download starten, aber kurz bevor die datei runtergeladen ist, heißt es plötzlich "failed- network error" ??

Manged to sign in and was able to download the patch but close before finish i got suddenly the error msg "failed- network error" ?

Why is it so hard to get olc gold MkIId ???

EDIT:
SUCCESS!! The error msg "failed- network error" only happens on my pc with google chrome but worked with stock internet explorer :woot:

Danke squaresteelbar, hat geklappt !!

BigWalleye
03-06-14, 07:30 AM
The problem is not specific to OLC 'Gold", but to Plissken's site. Seems that right now there is an interaction with Chrome (the New Improved Chrome?) that results in abnormal termination of downloads from Plissken's site. IE seems to work just fine.

Pisces
03-06-14, 10:04 PM
Why can't I change magnification of periscope and hoe can I use the UZO in this mod? ThanksA bit late to respond, but not very.

OLC fixed the magnification of the scopes because he didn't like how it made the waves look at high magnification. Or something to that effect. He made the scopes different so that the observation scope was now better for observation, and the attack really for targeting.

The real UZO was apparently just a really big set of binoculars with a aiming line in the optics. There was no distance measuring equipment built in. It was more used for aiming. I think that was OLCs reasoning back then to make it more realistic. So you'll have to guess the range yourself based on how much the target fills the view. But you can also use the attack-scope when surfaced.

spritankan
03-25-14, 06:05 AM
Hi,
I can't seem to get hold of the MKIId upgrade
How to log in on the ftp that SquereSteelBar provided?
Can anyone help me?

Schwuppes
03-25-14, 08:54 AM
username is: Maik
password: Woelfe

Its in the guy's signature lol

Oleander
03-25-14, 09:24 AM
I'm getting the same network failed error.

Jimbuna
03-25-14, 10:13 AM
Welcome to SubSim spritankan :salute:

Jimbuna
03-25-14, 10:14 AM
I'm getting the same network failed error.

If your using Chrome by any chance you will probably experience difficulty, best if you try with IE.

spritankan
03-25-14, 12:11 PM
Schwuppes (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=237927) Thanx
Jimbuna :salute:

ReallyDedPoet
03-25-14, 12:17 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM spritankan :up:

Jimbuna
03-25-14, 12:22 PM
Hi,
I can't seem to get hold of the MKIId upgrade
How to log in on the ftp that SquereSteelBar provided?
Can anyone help me?

Username: Maik
Password: Woelfe

Oleander
03-26-14, 06:35 AM
If your using Chrome by any chance you will probably experience difficulty, best if you try with IE.
Ugh, just when I was hoping I never had to open that vile thing ever again...

BigWalleye
03-26-14, 07:13 AM

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Jimbuna
03-26-14, 07:41 AM

LOL....full understand and that is why I also use Firefox and Opera :)

Oleander
03-26-14, 09:22 AM
I like Chrome personally cause it just makes sense in how it does things.

I opened the link using IE and it worked. I hope I never have to do that again.

Schwuppes
05-20-14, 07:14 AM
Do I need to install "GWX config files for SH Commander 3.2" to use OLC gold MKIId?

SnipersHunter
05-20-14, 08:05 AM
The commander has nothing to do with your gui:03:

Pisces
05-20-14, 05:42 PM
The commander has nothing to do with your gui:03:That's not true iirc. The Torpedo salvo switch doesn't work correctly, in the sense that it doesn't display. And OLC figured out a way to make it work by adding some files into the SH3 Commander folder. Maybe this was only for earlier version. Could be solved for this version. Better check the documentation.

But this issue has nothing to do with GWX 3 itself afaik. So if you have GWX3, then you need to add the config files for it to SH3 Commander anyway to make it work.

Fourfifties
05-31-14, 10:46 AM
Is there a more up to date tutorial than the video linked? Text would be fine. Video is referencing a double mast value as well as a 6x zoom periscope.... neither of which are in OLC Gold MkIId. I don't know enough about this to know whether I should simply be doubling the mast value on my own and how I should use the targetting ring at whatever zoom this is set to (1? 1.5? 3?). Keep seeing different zoom values referenced in different thread.

CaptJulius
09-09-14, 01:06 PM
How to use stadimeter with this mod?

avers
09-10-14, 04:38 PM
Hey, the link for mkiid Is dead. I click on it, but it just says "file not found". PLEASE HELP!!!

Plissken_04
09-11-14, 02:39 AM
Hey, the link for mkiid Is dead. I click on it, but it just says "file not found". PLEASE HELP!!!

So Long

Maik

Pisces
09-11-14, 02:52 PM
How to use stadimeter with this mod?

Here is the download of his videos. The supplement is probably the right one for your version.

http://ricojansen.nl/downloads/OLC's%20Video%20Tutorials.rar

avers
09-23-14, 03:39 PM
hey, I can't use the deck gun binoculars with this mod. Did OLC mean to do take away the deck gun binoculars?

Chucktown
11-09-14, 08:54 PM
In the attack scope I am having a very rough time with lining up the middle line to the waterline of the ship. I even use ctrl but i have to fiddle with it for minutes sometimes to get it where it needs to be. Is their anyway to adjust the sensitivity to make this easier. I really love this GUI, its my favorite atm but sometimes I dont have that kind of time to be placing the periscope view where it needs to be. Please help!

edit- I found ACM GUI for this mod and tweaked the sh3 speech files to work accordingly, so the periscope sensitivity is not an issue for me anymore.

Aktungbby
11-09-14, 09:04 PM
Chucktown! :Kaleun_Salute:

Chucktown
11-10-14, 01:06 AM
Chucktown! :Kaleun_Salute:
:Kaleun_Salute:

RealGrognard
01-08-15, 11:15 AM

So Long

Maik

Thanks, but the download starts and then fails (failed 3 times in a row for me, unfortunately)

RealGrognard
01-12-15, 03:11 AM
Does anybody have an alternative link?

The FileFront link is broken and so is the other one. Cannot get this Mk IId mod for love nor money! :wah:

BigWalleye
01-12-15, 09:54 AM
Thanks, but the download starts and then fails (failed 3 times in a row for me, unfortunately)

RG, I can't say what the problem is, but I just downloaded that file from Plissken's site. So I suspect you may have an issue with your downloading software, I used IE11. I know Chrome sometimes has download issues. And Google is NOT real conscientious about telling users when their software has been "upgraded" on the sneak.

Fubar2Niner
01-12-15, 10:34 AM
RG, I can't say what the problem is, but I just downloaded that file from Plissken's site. So I suspect you may have an issue with your downloading software, I used IE11. I know Chrome sometimes has download issues. And Google is NOT real conscientious about telling users when their software has been "upgraded" on the sneak.

Why not use Filezilla? One of the best ftp clients out there, easy to set up and free.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Pisces
01-12-15, 11:36 AM
Thanks, but the download starts and then fails (failed 3 times in a row for me, unfortunately)Same here for Chrome (and a realy old version of Opera) but IE 10 worked.

Pisces
01-12-15, 11:48 AM
Why not use Filezilla? One of the best ftp clients out there, easy to set up and free.

Best regards.

Fubar2NinerI agree, proper FTP clients are more reliable. You can even download multiple folders in one go. Consider the fair use policy though, don't go overboard on the available bandwith.

Fahnenbohn
01-14-15, 02:03 AM
Hello there,

I don't remember well, but I think it was on this thread : a modder (OLC ?) managed to solve a boring issue at night : the sky becomes brighter when the scope is near the water.

So, I would like to know if I'm on the right thread, and if so, anyone could explain me how does it work ? THANKS in advance

F.