PDA

View Full Version : Need help re jsgme conflict messages

bert8for3
07-03-08, 08:13 PM
Hi folks,

I'd appreciate if someone with a better eye for these things could give me some guidance.

I'm adding a few mods. Am in port and SH3Cmdr was rolled back.

I'm getting conflict messages from JSGME when enabling some of the mods. I tried ignoring them, started up the game, but it CTD's in the last 1/4 or so of the secondary loading. Obviously, some of the mods are incompatible with each other or with what I had on previously. But I'm not sure what versus what, if you follow my drift.

Here's what I started out with prior enabling any new mods:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/bert8for3/pic1a.jpg

Then here's JSGME after enabling all of the new mods:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/bert8for3/pic1b.jpg

So I disabled and re-enabled each mod in turn to get the conflict messages. Here they are in sequence of enabling.

Enabling Radiolog Expanded gave no conflict message.

Enabling U995 Rusty gave me no conflict message.

Enabling Das Boot Clothes gave me no conflict message.

Enabling Community Units, I get this:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/bert8for3/pic5.jpg

Enabling Extra Units AOTD, I get this:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/bert8for3/pic6.jpg

Enabling Bf109Reskin, I get this:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/bert8for3/pic7.jpg

I'll look at the files and file structures, which I haven't really studied yet, but can anyone tell me off the top if there's a fatal incompatibility somewhere in here, or perhaps another enabling sequence that might workaround or an obvious merge-file that needs to be done?

edit: just deleting all sorts of font coding that somehow got into the post.

bert8for3
07-03-08, 08:37 PM
Of course now that I'm actually looking at the conflict messages, I'm seeing some things. I suppose I should have studied them first before posting :oops: , but I won't figure it out 100%. First impressions:

The Community Units message looks easy; they are both adding the tex folder, so presumably the folder contents need to be merged if possible.

The Extra Units AOTD message looks bad. I don't know enough about campaign_LND.mis to know if that's serious, not to mention the GWX stuff. The de_menu should'nt matter. The names files conflict outright I guess. So are these two mods compatible at all? Or with GWX 2.1 . I was pretty sure they were from my reading.

For the Bf109 reskin message, the readme file doesn't matter, and otherwise it looks fixable doing a merge in that tex folder same way as the first message?

:hmm: :o

Reece
07-03-08, 09:56 PM
If you have any warning with JSGME then don't enable the mod! it basically means that a file already exists from a previous mod that has been enabled.:yep:
What you should do is merge the files externally copying the newer files to the older ones, however with cfg files it is better to edit the one adding all data to the new, especially with files like EnglishNames.cfg, locations.cfg for example the EnglishNames has to be edited for each ship being installed or you will end up with CTD, the Campaign_Lnd.mis file contains the land based (cities etc) for the campaign your running, the replaced one has to contain the old information plus any new information on the new mis file being enabled, or the location will not exist, this will also explain the Locations.cfg file!:yep:
Give a list of the existing mods that are enabled (just the ones that will conflict), and the new one that causes the conflict, we can then determine what to do from there, eg: This mod conflicts with that mod.

bert8for3
07-04-08, 05:55 AM
... Give a list of the existing mods that are enabled (just the ones that will conflict), and the new one that causes the conflict, we can then determine what to do from there, eg: This mod conflicts with that mod.

re list ... see pics above from jsgme

Wolfehunter
07-04-08, 06:20 AM
The only error you can ignore is,

Folder "data\Texture\TNormal\tex" has already been added by XYZ.

Thats fines.

Has no effect on the game.

The others are risky.

bert8for3
07-04-08, 06:25 AM
If you have any warning with JSGME then don't enable the mod! it basically means that a file already exists from a previous mod that has been enabled.:yep:
What you should do is merge the files externally copying the newer files to the older ones, however with cfg files it is better to edit the one adding all data to the new, especially with files like EnglishNames.cfg, locations.cfg for example the EnglishNames has to be edited for each ship being installed or you will end up with CTD, the Campaign_Lnd.mis file contains the land based (cities etc) for the campaign your running, the replaced one has to contain the old information plus any new information on the new mis file being enabled, or the location will not exist, this will also explain the Locations.cfg file!:yep: ...

Understood, tks. But AFAIK (from limited knowledge) a jsgme warning doesn't necessarily mean there is incompatibility. EG I can see that the first warning re Community Units is simply that U995 Rusty has added a subfolder in the Textures folder. Community Units doesn't affect that subfolder at all, the warning is merely that the Textures folder has been previously modified. So that one should not be a problem. Whereas the later Bf109 warning does modify the tex subfolder, so would need to be merged with the previous change made by U995 Rusty.

I'm thinking that the real problem is the Extra Units AOTD warning. I'll compare the files tonight since RL work is going to interfere, but I'm wondering if some of the warnings at least may be "artificial" in the sense of signalling previous change (eg by GWX minor fix) but not being "real" conflicts.

Meanwhile if anyone sees something sooner, guidance appreciated.

Tks again :up:

edit: Also, I suppose there might be "inherent" incompatibility somewhere without there being a warning.

Reece
07-04-08, 06:44 AM
1) OK, what I would do is Disable the minor fixes mod & actually install this!:yep: (not via JSGME) as it is really a fix to update 2.1, just copy the data folder to SilentHunterIII\data folder.

2) Now disable the Extra Units, U995 Rusty,Community Mods & Bf109Reskin, now merge all these mods by copying from newest to oldest & rename mod to "U995 Rusty+Community Mods+Bf109Reskin", but first any mods with documentation (readme's) should be placed in the mods names folder so that 2 folders are there data & Documentation, the documentation folder is ignored by JSGME.:yep:
You should be able to enable this with no conflics, but leave out at the moment.

This leaves the following problem area's:
OLC GUI
Community units mod (now Combined)
Extra Units.
This is getting to be a nightmare!!:lol:
My advise is to leave the Extra Units out for now, until all the cfg files have been edited, I think you get my drift!:damn:
Just do Step 1) for now.
I could combine all mods but you would have to upload or point me to where I can download all these mods:
Extra Units
U995 Rusty
Community mods
BF109 Reskin
OLC Gui
Sorry I had to do this in a rush as I have visitors!:doh:
Cheers.

bert8for3
07-04-08, 08:07 AM
1) OK, what I would do is Disable the minor fixes mod & actually install this!:yep: (not via JSGME) as it is really a fix to update 2.1, just copy the data folder to SilentHunterIII\data folder.

2) Now disable the Extra Units, U995 Rusty,Community Mods & Bf109Reskin, now merge all these mods by copying from newest to oldest & rename mod to "U995 Rusty+Community Mods+Bf109Reskin", but first any mods with documentation (readme's) should be placed in the mods names folder so that 2 folders are there data & Documentation, the documentation folder is ignored by JSGME.:yep:
You should be able to enable this with no conflics, but leave out at the moment.

This leaves the following problem area's:
OLC GUI
Community units mod (now Combined)
Extra Units.
This is getting to be a nightmare!!:lol:
My advise is to leave the Extra Units out for now, until all the cfg files have been edited, I think you get my drift!:damn:
Just do Step 1) for now.
I could combine all mods but you would have to upload or point me to where I can download all these mods:
Extra Units
U995 Rusty
Community mods
BF109 Reskin
OLC Gui
Sorry I had to do this in a rush as I have visitors!:doh:
Cheers.

Tks Reece. I'll have a look at it tonight. And many tks btw for offering to do the merge, but no reason you should have to suffer the headache for me. I'll give it a shot myself, or (if it is a real nightmare, which looks possible) I'll just ditch some of the mods. :arrgh!:

nikbear
07-04-08, 02:09 PM
I'm sure I've read on here that someone else had a problem with the community units mod and some of the ships in the extra units AOTD MAX fix mod,not sure how they sorted it but there was a conflict of some sort:hmm:might be worth checking;)

Reece
07-04-08, 08:07 PM
Yes, you can't just install mods, that JSGME reports as having a conflict, especially with cfg files, these have to be manually edited and appear in only of the mods!:yep:
With these you have to combine the mods. For example, I have a mod folder called "New Ships", and each time I add a new ship I disable the mod, add the new files & edit the EnglishNames.cfg file (within the mod), then I enable the mod again!:yep: This way I can keep adding ships forever with no problems & when I disable it SHIII still runs without these ships with no problems!:up:

bert8for3
07-04-08, 08:11 PM
So I merged U995 Rusty, Community Units and Bf109 reskin, which was just a matter of merging the contents of the tex subfolder.

I wanted to start my next patrol, so I've left Extra Units AOTD for now; I'll have a look at it and Community Units this weekend.

If anyone would like the merge "mod" (it is most definitely not a mod, as I only merged the folder contents, but I made it jsgme-ready), just let me know.

bigboywooly
07-04-08, 08:50 PM
Personnaly I would bin the April 26th bugfix and the Extra units

Replace with this - both combined with the LND problems sorted http://files.filefront.com/AOTD+AA+Ship+Schleuse+Bugix7z/;10090080;/fileinfo.html

Then add the community mod then the lifeboats

I have all 3 in that order with no problems whatsoever
The BF109 is just a TGA so no problem to add that
Not sure what the U995 rusty is - TGA or DAT ?

JSGME error messages are advice only

Adding the Extra units mod will chabge the EnglishNames cfg
Adding the community ships will also change that file so JSGME gives you a warning
In this case the commuunity ships mod contains the latest of those files

Can get tricky

Reece
07-05-08, 03:40 AM
Good one BBW!:up:

bert8for3
07-05-08, 06:49 AM
@BBW. Tks much, I'll do that :up: . U995 Rusty is a VIIB/C skin ... tga, so no problem there.