PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Operation Monsun

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

lurker_hlb3
05-04-10, 06:29 PM
on... What I'm referring to is when I mark a target and press "L" its only locked for a second

I know what your referring to, for it to work you have to get "up close & personnel"

Whats the conning tower slots for and what do they affect. And also whats the crew berthing slots for? Is that just for gaining crew experience? Thanks

Read the "readme" for the answer to your questions

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=835613&postcount=1

markdenny
05-07-10, 02:22 AM
Lurker many thanks for the u-flak turm fix all sorted now much better keep up the good work. :DL

Zakalwe
05-08-10, 07:11 AM
Only found out about this great mod a few weeks ago on simhq. On Wednesday, if found SH4 Gold for 10 € in a supermarket.

To makes thing short, big THX for a great mod, one has to admit that Sh4 looks much better than SH3. Install worked like a charm.

The only thing I have to get used to is the water, to me it looks too much "Pacific" for the Atlantic. I would prefer darker and less rich colours.

Z.

cgjimeneza
05-08-10, 07:53 AM
Only found out about this great mod a few weeks ago on simhq. On Wednesday, if found SH4 Gold for 10 € in a supermarket.

To makes thing short, big THX for a great mod, one has to admit that Sh4 looks much better than SH3. Install worked like a charm.

The only thing I have to get used to is the water, to me it looks too much "Pacific" for the Atlantic. I would prefer darker and less rich colours.

Z.

get OMEGU (op monsun graphics and enviroment upgrade) a couple threads down and get ready for a very "atlantic" north atlantic.

Zakalwe
05-08-10, 10:24 AM
THX,

but I already have OM + OMEGU installed.

cgjimeneza
05-08-10, 10:32 AM
THX,

but I already have OM + OMEGU installed.

you moved the indiviual mod folders to your MODS folder, not the OMEGU packg folder.. the sea changes a lot

col_Kurtz
05-09-10, 06:56 AM
Hi lurker...

Is it possible to do this...

http://naforum.zapodaj.net/thumbs/2adf03e66661.jpg (http://naforum.zapodaj.net/2adf03e66661.jpg.html)

I mean, when you hit the button on the numpad, you can change your course, simply and fast, N, NW... NE or S.

lurker_hlb3
05-09-10, 07:58 AM
Is it possible to do this...

not to my knowledge

col_Kurtz
05-09-10, 09:36 AM
Okay. Thank you for fast answer :salute:

Salvadoreno
05-18-10, 03:14 AM
So i decided on a different route and gave the northern campaign a shot.. It seemed a good change of pace, sink some russian freighters, however my zone of operations was far from murmamesk and archa....bla.. near some straight.. I patrolled over there and saw no ships. Ive seen no ships for a few weeks now.. Ive patrolled near the big russian ports, its mid sept 1941. Ive been based in Kirkenes.. Anything going on up there?

lurker_hlb3
05-18-10, 06:49 AM
So i decided on a different route and gave the northern campaign a shot.. It seemed a good change of pace, sink some russian freighters, however my zone of operations was far from murmamesk and archa....bla.. near some straight.. I patrolled over there and saw no ships. Ive seen no ships for a few weeks now.. Ive patrolled near the big russian ports, its mid sept 1941. Ive been based in Kirkenes.. Anything going on up there?

Go to Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Support\OM_Readme_files\ and read OMv600 Readme

Nit
05-18-10, 10:47 AM
Hi Lurker,
Thank you for the Arctic campaign. It's excellent work!!!

Salvadoreno
05-18-10, 12:09 PM
Go to Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Support\OM_Readme_files\ and read OMv600 Readme

amazing... thx again lurker

qjp
05-19-10, 08:48 AM
Hi Lurker,
Thanks for Grat Mod, but i have a technical question. I would like to read some of the readme files in support folders but they are in ms office format so they are unreadable for me.
Any chance to convert them to pdf or txt/rtf format?

Thanks in advance

Jan Kyster
05-19-10, 09:33 AM
Any chance to convert them to pdf or txt/rtf format?Took the liberty to upload the converted PDFs here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ig3mwnnmya/OM_ReadMe.zip

Hope Lurker don't mind? :D

BillBam
05-19-10, 11:38 AM
Hi Lurker,
Thanks for Grat Mod, but i have a technical question. I would like to read some of the readme files in support folders but they are in ms office format so they are unreadable for me.
Any chance to convert them to pdf or txt/rtf format?

Thanks in advance

Here is a Microsoft Word Read for those who don't have Word installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac&displaylang=en

Salvadoreno
05-21-10, 03:20 AM
man i hate asking questions that i feel have been answered by the readme and support files but i cannnot find it. Im cucrently at Kirkenes and ive done pretty well in two patrols. But ive been called to service in the atlantic and must serve the uboot arm there!!!!

However.. how do i go about with the transfer?? If i ask for transfer in Kirkenes does it give me a patrol where i must patrol atlantic grids than head to wherever my new base is? (BREST). Or do i sail to brest doing a normal mission from Kirkenes than ask for the transfer at Brest??

cptroyce
05-24-10, 02:27 PM
I am using OM for my main mod in SH4 UBM. I wasn't aware that there is an entire thread designated to this great mod.

That being said..without having to read through all 168 pages of posts, some quick questions:

Does the latest version i.e. 720 patched with the latest OMEGU patch, have all the preceding versions included?

Or is there separate d/l versions: one for Indian Ocean patrols; one for Med patrols; Baltic patrols etc. Or are they all included in the most recent version?

Do the different career starting dates offer more various Flotillas to begin a career campaign?

Regards,
Royce

Wilcke
05-24-10, 04:02 PM
I am using OM for my main mod in SH4 UBM. I wasn't aware that there is an entire thread designated to this great mod.

That being said..without having to read through all 168 pages of posts, some quick questions:

Does the latest version i.e. 720 patched with the latest OMEGU patch, have all the preciding versions included?

Or is there separate d/l versions: one for Indian Ocean patrols; one for Med patrols; Baltic patrols etc. Or are they all included in the most recent version?

Do the different career starting dates offer more various Flotillas to begin a career campaign?

Regards,
Royce

All patches are roll ups.

Theaters and Flotillas are all presented historically by month/date '39 to '45. All the flotillas are represented and all the major u-boat campaigns and deployments.

OM/OMEGU, has a lot of game play in it, enjoy!

Happy Hunting!

Salvadoreno
05-24-10, 04:40 PM
man i hate asking questions that i feel have been answered by the readme and support files but i cannnot find it. Im cucrently at Kirkenes and ive done pretty well in two patrols. But ive been called to service in the atlantic and must serve the uboot arm there!!!!

However.. how do i go about with the transfer?? If i ask for transfer in Kirkenes does it give me a patrol where i must patrol atlantic grids than head to wherever my new base is? (BREST). Or do i sail to brest doing a normal mission from Kirkenes than ask for the transfer at Brest??

Anybody have an answer?

cptroyce
05-24-10, 09:46 PM
Thanks Wilcke!

Royce

Shadowhunter
05-26-10, 05:33 AM
Mmmh I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but since my installation is mainly OpsMonsun I think I can give it a try. :03:

If not don't yell at me just sink my sub somewhere in the atlantic...if you can :D:D:D

My setup is (with all patches and version add-ons for these mods):
RSRDC
OpsMonsun
OMEGU
nothing more and strictly configured and installed as described by lurker (thanks to all for those great mods though :rock:).

Unfortunately I sometimes do a tweak myself too and all I was doing is to add a type XXI sub to the '39 starting point for the 7th flotilla in Kiel.
I changed the flotillas.upc as well as the careerstart.upc and added a new patrol series for the added subtype.

Everythings seems to work well. Well, nearly..:doh:
I can set a course on the map to leave harbour but when I try to switch to i.e. external view or periscope view the game crashes to desktop. I even managed to get it running once with first looking through the scope and then changing to conning tower or external view, but even this saved start crashed after loading it again. I didn't change anything to those games who crash immediately.

I even rolled back to "stock" Ops Monsun (without my tweaking) and started with a standard type VII sub in Kiel and it crashed too, when trying to switch to external view or conning tower.

Any ideas what could cause this behaviour?
Seems to be a type of display/graphics error.

Thanks for any ideas (and don't yell at me because the XXI sub isn't available historically in '39 :stare::arrgh!:).

Best regards
Shadowhunter

kurfürst
05-29-10, 11:06 AM
Hi Lurker,

first, let me thank You for your great OM and OMEGU Mods!
It´s great to have them, and I can imagine that it was (and suppose still is) a lot of work to create such Mods.

However, I have a kind of "beginners question": Can I modifie the Mod in such a way that I can see contacts and their direction on the map as I do with an unmodded version of Uboat Missions, e.g red triangels for planes, squares for merchants, etc.?

I know it´s not 100% realism, but as I´m not that experienced in calculating courses would help me.

Thanks for your help in advence!

Beste Grüsse, Kurfürst

lurker_hlb3
05-30-10, 08:15 AM
Hi Lurker,

first, let me thank You for your great OM and OMEGU Mods!
It´s great to have them, and I can imagine that it was (and suppose still is) a lot of work to create such Mods.

However, I have a kind of "beginners question": Can I modifie the Mod in such a way that I can see contacts and their direction on the map as I do with an unmodded version of Uboat Missions, e.g red triangels for planes, squares for merchants, etc.?

I know it´s not 100% realism, but as I´m not that experienced in calculating courses would help me.

Thanks for your help in advence!

Beste Grüsse, Kurfürst

Uninstall OMEGU

go to OMEGU_v300\Data\Menu\Gui\

Remove the Units directory

remove the following two files:

ContLine.dds
DashLine:dds

reinstall OMEGU

kurfürst
05-30-10, 11:57 AM
Hi Lurker,

thanks for your quick reply and your help! :up:

Beste Grüsse,

Kurfürst

ShoCkwaVe
06-07-10, 07:42 PM
@ Lurker & OMEGU maker,

I just thought I would speak up for all of us in asking..

Is there any chance you guys could possibly team up & save SH5
for all of us?

I love your mods & Seeing as GWX is dead we have all decided
your new job should be making the first SH5 Mega mod! :rock:

:)

Barso
06-09-10, 08:39 PM
The texture of the binos on the tower of the typeIIB look as if they have the texture of speed dial wrapped around them.

Wilcke
06-09-10, 09:27 PM
The texture of the binos on the tower of the typeIIB look as if they have the texture of speed dial wrapped around them.

Are you talking about the UZO? If so I checked my install and the TIIB's UZO textures are correct in my install. Post a pic if you can.

Barso
06-10-10, 03:28 PM
Here you go, thanks:
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/Barso/SH4Img2010-06-10_211821_326.jpg

lurker_hlb3
06-10-10, 05:00 PM
Here you go, thanks:
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/Barso/SH4Img2010-06-10_211821_326.jpg

no picture

Barso
06-10-10, 05:44 PM
Here we go:
I am getting this with the recent OM patch 4.The UZO seems to have the wrong texture.
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/Barso/SH4Img2010-06-10_224614_425.jpg

Barso
06-10-10, 05:56 PM
Apologies, here is a better one:
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/Barso/SH4Img2010-06-10_235216_393.jpg

lurker_hlb3
06-10-10, 07:12 PM
Apologies, here is a better one:
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/Barso/SH4Img2010-06-10_235216_393.jpg

mods in install order

Barso
06-10-10, 07:23 PM
RSRDC V550
RSRDC V550 patch 1
OM V705
OM 705 to 720
OM 720 patch 4
OMEGU 300
OMEGU 300 patch 6.
Although it appears without OMEGU installed.

lurker_hlb3
06-10-10, 10:56 PM

1. The id of the subs was a Type II "C/D" not a Type IIB
2. The problems was created by ScompassMod mod
3. If you have to have this eye candy problem fixed "right now":

go to OMv720_Patch4\Data\Objects\ and OMEGUv300_Patch6\Data\Objects\
and remove Turm_2c.dat

Barso
06-11-10, 07:04 AM
Thanks lurker but will deleting that get rid of the compass mod?
The flipping of the compass gug really destroys the immersion on the conning tower?

lurker_hlb3
06-11-10, 08:51 AM
Thanks lurker but will deleting that get rid of the compass mod?
The flipping of the compass gug really destroys the immersion on the conning tower?

Do you know how to use S3D?

Barso
06-11-10, 09:13 AM
Sorry lurker but I wouldn't know were to start.

lurker_hlb3
06-11-10, 11:24 PM
All Patches are roll-ups

install inport

---------------------------------------

OM v720 Patch 5

Add more fixes by Sammi79 i.e.

Dial fixes : -

fixed Bridge dials on types : IIC,IID,VIIA,VIIB,VIIC,VIIC-41,VIIC-UFlak,VIID,IX,IXB,IXC,IXC-40,IXD2,XXI

fixed minute hand on clock in sonar station on all type VIIs and all type IXs
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Cameras.dat changes :-

fixed the 'Radar View/AScope View' on all Uboats so they function like the 'Hydrophone View'

Added MechShocksPendulum camera behaviour to Hydrophone & Radar Station Views to give motion FX like in the command room.

Extended the rotation range of the Hydrophone View X-axis and cut the X&Y-axis rotation speed, Radar Views have identical limits.

I ended up using freecam with 0 movement values for the radar positions, for some reason it was the only way I could retain control of the rotational axis.Not being able to move the radar view may not be popular, the wheel is harder to see than the dial in the hydrophone view so, see what you think. It is easy to adjust the viewpoint position if you think it could be better placed.

jaxa
06-12-10, 12:47 PM
I've just installed OM with OMEGU and the latest patches. Good work, but I have a small problem - when I want to open museum I have black screen and CTD. Rest work OK. What's going on?

G.K.
06-12-10, 01:04 PM
Museum is not accesible, its because the number of ships in the mod is too high... I had the same problem a few months ago...;)

jaxa
06-12-10, 01:30 PM
It's a pity :hmmm:
I'd like to see all units from the game, especially with OM enabled. Won't it be fixed?

Royale-Adio
06-12-10, 11:09 PM
I've got a bit of a problem here. It's March 1940 and so far I've been on four patrols, problem is, the last three ones were the exact same (Patrol off the coast of Norway for 72hrs).

I'm in the first flotilla, I have a Type IIC, and I always complete my objectives.

I also wonder what are the requirements to change to a Type VII. Reason is, I'm pretty tired of always going back to Wilhelmshaven to refit every two encounters, because I only have 5 torps. In the last mission, I sunk nearly 15000 tons of merchants and completed the main objective. Also, I've got 6396 renown so far.

Any Ideas?

crisi
06-13-10, 12:31 PM
@lurker_hlb3:

I'm not sure what's happened. I've got a CTD every time if the boot will be damaged by planes or the boot is damaged and loading the last saved game (reproduceable).
Sometimes after finishig the first career mission, return to base, saving the game in base, restart SHIV and load the last saved game (in base or outside outside base - sometimes reproduceable).

Installed:
OMv705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch6

Problem description:
Boot was attacked by planes and i loading the last saved game directly after attack. Than i will got a CTD. After than all save games seems to be corrupted. It's not possible to load any saved games or the saved game of the base. I can restart ShIV and try to load a saved game, successless. In all cases i will get a CTD.

If invested a lot of time to find out the reason.
1. 1 SHIV, German Voice Patch, SHIV - Patch 4, SHIV - UBM
1. 2 Download all Operation Monsun mods and enabled by JSGME
CTD by above description!

2.1 SHIV, German Voice Patch, SHIV - Patch 4, SHIV - UBM
2.2 Only OMv705, OMv705_to_V720, OMv720_Patch5, OMEGU_v300

3.1 SHIV, German Voice Patch, SHIV - Patch 4, SHIV - UBM
3.1 Only OMv705, OMv705_to_V720, OMv720_Patch5 activated
No CTD!

Now, i don't have more ideas what's happened. :damn:

lurker_hlb3
06-13-10, 02:28 PM
@lurker_hlb3:

I'm not sure what's happened. I've got a CTD every time if the boot will be damaged by planes or the boot is damaged and loading the last saved game (reproduceable).
Sometimes after finishig the first career mission, return to base, saving the game in base, restart SHIV and load the last saved game (in base or outside outside base - sometimes reproduceable).

Installed:
OMv705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch6

Problem description:
Boot was attacked by planes and i loading the last saved game directly after attack. Than i will got a CTD. After than all save games seems to be corrupted. It's not possible to load any saved games or the saved game of the base. I can restart ShIV and try to load a saved game, successless. In all cases i will get a CTD.

If invested a lot of time to find out the reason.
1. 1 SHIV, German Voice Patch, SHIV - Patch 4, SHIV - UBM
1. 2 Download all Operation Monsun mods and enabled by JSGME

2.1 SHIV, German Voice Patch, SHIV - Patch 4, SHIV - UBM
2.2 Only OMv705, OMv705_to_V720, OMv720_Patch5, OMEGU_v300

3.1 SHIV, German Voice Patch, SHIV - Patch 4, SHIV - UBM
3.1 Only OMv705, OMv705_to_V720, OMv720_Patch5 activated
No CTD!

Now, i don't have more ideas what's happened. :damn:

From the first post of this thread in the "install instruction"

WARNING

I do not look at “very possible” mod that is out there. If you load a mod up, before or after RSRDC/ OM/OMEGU and JSGME generates a “conflict” warning and you go ahead and loaded it anyway and RSRDC / OM / OMEGU no longer works correctly, “It is NOT my problem”, so don’t ask me to fix it, because I won’t.

This also applies to "any hand edits" to original OM/OMEGU/RSRDC files by users

WARNING

This mod "German Voice Patch" falls within the above warning

crisi
06-13-10, 11:17 PM
From the first post of this thread in the "install instruction"

WARNING

I do not look at “very possible” mod that is out there. If you load a mod up, before or after RSRDC/ OM/OMEGU and JSGME generates a “conflict” warning and you go ahead and loaded it anyway and RSRDC / OM / OMEGU no longer works correctly, “It is NOT my problem”, so don’t ask me to fix it, because I won’t.

This also applies to "any hand edits" to original OM/OMEGU/RSRDC files by users

WARNING

This mod "German Voice Patch" falls within the above warning

@lurker_hlb3:

RSRDC isn't installed.

I understand right? It could be possible the "German Voice Patch" could be the problem?

Dani
06-16-10, 11:33 AM
I docked at Kiel after 2nd patrol ,date 30 dec 1939 in base, left the game.
After I wanted to load the autosave in base , the moment I press load CTD.

7 flotilla
Kiel
Type VIIB
Career started 1 sep. 1939

Mods:
OpsMonsun v705
OMv705 to v720
OMv720 patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 patch 7
OM MultiCmd Keys
Csengoi's EnemiesOfGermany

This is actually the second time I could not continue a career after 1 january 1940 but I had some other mods instalated so didn't want to report the problem.
Then I was finishing the 2nd patrol in march 1940 and later the same CTD when loading autosave.
Maybe I'm fishing, but maybe the problem is in HanSolo's Subpens and the date (beginig 1940):06:

rea00cy
06-18-10, 07:11 PM
While playing my first mission on an OM career CO2 levels built up continously regardless my sub was submerged or surfaced. I notice the problem when the CO2 level warning icon showed up on the screen and there was no way to stop its increase. I stopped/saved the game at different stages but when restarted, either at the last save or a previous one the levels continued to build up:cry:
Anyone has experienced this prob?
thanks,

rea00cy

McHibbins
06-18-10, 08:33 PM
I've got a bit of a problem here. It's March 1940 and so far I've been on four patrols, problem is, the last three ones were the exact same (Patrol off the coast of Norway for 72hrs).

I'm in the first flotilla, I have a Type IIC, and I always complete my objectives.

I also wonder what are the requirements to change to a Type VII. Reason is, I'm pretty tired of always going back to Wilhelmshaven to refit every two encounters, because I only have 5 torps. In the last mission, I sunk nearly 15000 tons of merchants and completed the main objective. Also, I've got 6396 renown so far.

Any Ideas?

Same Q here and reason for me to switch back to the Pacific for a while

lurker_hlb3
06-19-10, 10:57 AM
While playing my first mission on an OM career CO2 levels built up continously regardless my sub was submerged or surfaced. I notice the problem when the CO2 level warning icon showed up on the screen and there was no way to stop its increase. I stopped/saved the game at different stages but when restarted, either at the last save or a previous one the levels continued to build up:cry:
Anyone has experienced this prob?
thanks,

rea00cy

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132471&highlight=level

lurker_hlb3
06-19-10, 11:15 AM
Same Q here and reason for me to switch back to the Pacific for a while

During the period of Jan though Apr 1940, that is where this class of Uboat was assigned to patrol. In May their patrol area were changed

The Home port of the 1st Flotilla is Kiel not Wilhelmshaven

The Type VIIB was not available in the 1st Flotilla until 1941-06-01

lurker_hlb3
06-19-10, 11:15 AM
I docked at Kiel after 2nd patrol ,date 30 dec 1939 in base, left the game.
After I wanted to load the autosave in base , the moment I press load CTD.

7 flotilla
Kiel
Type VIIB
Career started 1 sep. 1939

Mods:
OpsMonsun v705
OMv705 to v720
OMv720 patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 patch 7
OM MultiCmd Keys
Csengoi's EnemiesOfGermany

This is actually the second time I could not continue a career after 1 january 1940 but I had some other mods instalated so didn't want to report the problem.
Then I was finishing the 2nd patrol in march 1940 and later the same CTD when loading autosave.
Maybe I'm fishing, but maybe the problem is in HanSolo's Subpens and the date (beginig 1940):06:

Unable to recreate your problem

rea00cy
06-19-10, 07:35 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132471&highlight=level

Thanks, lurker for your prompt answer. I've been playing SHIV pacific patrols and campaigns since the game initial release and this CO2 bug never happened before. Also, it never happened after installing the U-boat addon and only after I enable OM is when I'm confronting this prob. A search under CO2 gave me nothing in return. So I thought it was a OM related issue, but after reading the above thread it looks that there's neither single possible explanation nor a solution to this issue.

markdenny
06-20-10, 06:45 AM
Lurker
I hope you can help ive tried the main forum with no luck.How do i get rid or temporarely remove the interface buttons/dials from the screen ie for taking screen shots i'd like the picture not to have the dials,it used to be the DEL button but since all the latest patches om and omegu this no longer works,any ideas? :ping:

lurker_hlb3
06-20-10, 08:30 AM
Lurker
I hope you can help ive tried the main forum with no luck.How do i get rid or temporarely remove the interface buttons/dials from the screen ie for taking screen shots i'd like the picture not to have the dials,it used to be the DEL button but since all the latest patches om and omegu this no longer works,any ideas? :ping:

I'm sorry but I don't

Sailor Steve
06-20-10, 09:07 AM
@ markdenny: I'm not sure what the problem is, but I don't think it's related to the mod itself. As you can see my button works fine.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SailorSteve/Silent%20Hunter%20Screenshots/SH4Img2010-06-12_204542_453.jpg

And here is a shot of the mods I currently have activated, which include OM and OMEGU.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SailorSteve/Image1-10.jpg

One question - did you try it with NumLock on?

markdenny
06-20-10, 11:05 AM
Many thanks for your help with no.lock on works fine :D:D:D

Sailor Steve
06-20-10, 12:08 PM
Many thanks for your help with no.lock on works fine :D:D:D
:rotfl2:

Sorry for laughing, but it's one of those silly little things that I've done more than a few times. In a thread in the Computer section of General Topics I mentioned the several times that a thunderstorm has knocked out the power. If the computer is on at the time, my first thought is always "Well, can't use the PC for awhile. I wonder what's on television..." :dead:

kurfürst
06-21-10, 03:00 PM
Hello Monsuners,

I´ve a question regarding aircrafts in OP Monsun. They spotted and attacked me more than once while being submerged at periscope depth or doing necessary repairs after a convoy battle at depth around 25 meters. This happens at the final stage of the Atlantic Battle (late 1944). There´s little chance to get away from these attacks. Were aircraft really able to spot and attack submerged Uboats, is there a tactic to avoid these attacks?

Thanks for your help, Kurfürst

P.S.: I´ve installed
OpsMonsun 705
OMv705 to 720
OMv Patch 4
OMEGU V300

lurker_hlb3
06-21-10, 04:39 PM
P.S.: I´ve installed
OpsMonsun 705
OMv705 to 720
OMv Patch 4
OMEGU V300

From the first post of this thread

If you wish to play Uboat operations “ONLY” and use OMEGU plus optional OMEGU mods:

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

Dani
06-22-10, 10:32 AM
I did a fresh install of SH4 + UBM and :

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

and I just want to say (using your words) :

Unable to recreate MY problem. :D

Everything is working fine now.:up:

Sorry for disturbing you.

Royale-Adio
06-23-10, 01:52 AM
Keeps CTD as soon as I get near Scapa Flow and select free camera.
**EDIT**: It seems that all the area around scapa makes you CTD when you select the free camera. An area around 500-600 km.

Installed over Vanilla SH4 1.5

Mods currently installed:

OM v705
OM v705 to v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

Started career with VIIB in kiel but also with another career with IIC in kiel also.

Why does it keep CTD like that?

Gorshkov
06-23-10, 06:22 AM
I wonder if OM v. 100 (sole U-Boat's Pacific-Indian Ocean Campaign which fixes stock one similarly as RSRDC did on US side) is still available? I think I could live without ATO in SH4.

lurker_hlb3
06-23-10, 08:41 AM
I wonder if OM v. 100 (sole U-Boat's Pacific-Indian Ocean Campaign which fixes stock one similarly as RSRDC did on US side) is still available? I think I could live without ATO in SH4.

No it is not.

lurker_hlb3
06-23-10, 09:04 AM
Keeps CTD as soon as I get near Scapa Flow and select free camera.
**EDIT**: It seems that all the area around scapa makes you CTD when you select the free camera. An area around 500-600 km.

Installed over Vanilla SH4 1.5

Mods currently installed:

OM v705
OM v705 to v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

Started career with VIIB in kiel but also with another career with IIC in kiel also.

Why does it keep CTD like that?

Gorshkov
06-23-10, 10:27 AM
Shall I be able to play fixed U-boat's PTO campaign using Type IXD2 and Type XVIII only if I install latest OM version along with RSRDC?

lurker_hlb3
06-23-10, 10:58 AM
Shall I be able to play fixed U-boat's PTO campaign using Type IXD2 and Type XVIII only if I install latest OM version along with RSRDC?

RSRDC make no changes to the German side

Royale-Adio
06-23-10, 12:29 PM

Also forgot to mention. Game is from Steam.
OS Windows Vista Pro Edition 32bit
CPU intel dual core 2.66
GPU Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
RAM 4GB

Gorshkov
06-23-10, 01:11 PM
Are OM and RSRDC compatible with WEBSTER's game fix only mod v. 1.1?

lurker_hlb3
06-23-10, 03:31 PM
Are OM and RSRDC compatible with WEBSTER's game fix only mod v. 1.1?

No.

Gorshkov
06-23-10, 03:39 PM
Do your mods introduce any fug-fixes similar to WEBSTER's mods?

OK, anyway I installed your mods in the following order: RSRDC, OM, OMEGU with proper patches and some optional minor mods over vanilla SH5 v. 1.5. So now I can play campaigns on both sides without running JGSME aside of environment mods for Pacific and Mediterranean?

Royale-Adio
06-23-10, 08:27 PM
I think that the 20km ship spawn bug makes entering Scapa Flow CTD. Would be nice to find a fix for it but it seems difficult and apart from that, Lurker, VERY good work!

Gorshkov
06-24-10, 07:03 AM
Yesterday playing (RSRDC+OMG+OMEGU) single mission I entered Scapa Flow and sunk HMS "Royal Oak" without problems...well, maybe one problem surfaced - actually I was sunk a while later. :)

PS. Later in second single mission I entered Halifax harbor and sunk one ship anchored there and one approaching escort warship.

e7pus
06-24-10, 04:13 PM
Type 23 U-Boat
OM 720
OMv720_Patch5

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=325&pictureid=2312

lurker_hlb3
06-24-10, 05:13 PM
Type 23 U-Boat
OM 720
OMv720_Patch5

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=325&pictureid=2312

Конечно что ваш пробовать сказать мне? Он там никакой звук на bearing180?

Not sure what your trying to tell me ? Is it there is no sound at bearing180 ?

Royale-Adio
06-25-10, 12:13 AM
Yesterday playing (RSRDC+OMG+OMEGU) single mission I entered Scapa Flow and sunk HMS "Royal Oak" without problems...well, maybe one problem surfaced - actually I was sunk a while later. :)

PS. Later in second single mission I entered Halifax harbor and sunk one ship anchored there and one approaching escort warship.

Did you tried that in campaign mode, 'cuz that's what I was talking about.

I run the mod fine exept for this. While in campaign, I think it is impossible to go in and sink a ship without looking at least through you scope which is making OM CTD.

Gorshkov
06-25-10, 07:17 AM
I did not play campaign game close to US harbors yet. However create many single missions near US coast and have fun! :cool:

Gorshkov
06-25-10, 01:55 PM
Hi again, lurker!

Do German torpedoes in your mods have dud ratio set to 90%? I fired all torpedoes on-board Type IXC sub (T-III and T-V combo) and only two of them actually detonated...

Also look at torpedo settings panel (Karamazov's mod). Numbers of torpedo tubes selected in each salvo mode are wrongly assigned.

onelifecrisis
06-25-10, 06:46 PM
Hello to whoever is reading this.

Until today I have pretty much ignored the existence of SH4 and it's associated forums, but I just heard about this OM mod in the SH3 forum and seeing as SH5 is poo I thought maybe buying SH4 and installing OM might be a good idea. So I came here to read the OP and... well I don't want to be rude but I've seen hex code that made more sense than the OP of this thread. Where does it say what this mod actually does? Can anyone tell me? Also, is this mod finished or a WIP? How buggy is it? In short, how good is it? Thanks for any help and advice!

P.S. Do I need that SH4 U-boat expansion pack thing to use OM?

Sailor Steve
06-25-10, 09:41 PM
Yes, you need the u-boat add-on. the easiest thing is to get SH4 Gold. It comes fully patched including the U-Boat Missions. That way you don't have to worry about fiddling with the patches.

As for Lurker's original post, I'm not sure what the problem is; but then I'm used to it all by now so I'm probably seeing things that aren't obvious to a newcomer to the game.

Ask anything you want. We all live to help each other around here. :sunny:

[edit] Dang, OLC! I didn't notice it was you! And here I am talking like your a noob or something. :oops:
:rotfl2:

[edit 2] As for what it does? It does pretty much everything NYGM does for SH3. Lots of improved AI and ships, lots of added stuff. Read the OP again and scroll down. There's a list of changes and additions.

It doesn't do much in the way of the stupid little things I love. I keep hoping someone will add all the harbor traffic and locks and stuff, and I keep thinking I should quit hoping and start learning. Problem is I'm hopeless with a lot of that stuff.

SH4 itself is much better once the problems are fixed, and most of them are. Graphics are much better, crew management is what people asked for after SH3 (as in the watch rotate themselves), calling Battle Stations is a hoot, and activates the entire crew, the TC works much better, when you get a radio message the runner hands you a clipboard (you still hit 'M', but a small board appears over whatever screen you happen to be in). Lots of cool stuff like crew walking around all the AI ships.

Add all that to a campaign and combat mod that's on a par with NYGM (as I said) and while I still have small complaints (more like wishes) what we all have is an Atlantic campaign to die for. SH4+OM+OMEGU (the environment update) is one of the best!

onelifecrisis
06-26-10, 02:10 AM
Thanks Steve. Improved AI? Good. AI can never be improved too much. I assume from your NYGM comparison that mechanics (like sensors) are also overhauled? What else? Physics? Crew management? What is the overall "aim" of the mod? Realism or fun? Graphics or mechanics? Quality or quantity?

I re-checked the OP. I see:
- A single-sentence description of the mod (not very helpful).
- A list of campaigns/theatres.
- A list of dates of... stuff...
- A list of known problems.
- A list of credits.
- A list of references.

IIRC the U-boat expansion for SH4 just has single missions, no campaign. So, this mod adds more single missions? Or does it have a proper dynamic campaign?

Oh and another thing... a small yet big thing... do we get a German crew with German voices or will my U-boat be full of Americans?

karamazovnew
06-26-10, 04:44 AM
Dang, can't wait to get home (in about 2 days) and play the new version (I'm still on patch 4 i think...)

OLC, great seeing you here. First of all, SH4 did have a dynamic campaign for Uboats, it's just that you were stuck in the Pacific with little to do. OM features the Atlantic and lots more. AI and sensors just seem right. You can do stuff here that you could never have done in GWX or TMO. Late war escorts are a huge pain in the neck, as are the planes. The crew management is similar to the one in RFB meaning that you need to move the watch crew by hand to a different compartment. Repairs are a bit weird, but somewhat more rewarding (I used to play gwx without fatigue so... maybe that's why). One hole in your hull is enough to sink you to the bottom if you don't know what to do. I'm not sure if repairing on the bottom is in yet (the sub takes constant damage), snorkels don't refresh your breathing air and the promotions and medals need some tweaking in the save files (having a deck crew petty officer suddenly become a torpedo reload expert seems weird). One other important thing to note is that there a lots of new ships. You'll rarely encounter the vanilla ones. All the new ships look great but in the last version I played they didn't show visual damage. But all of these are because of SH4 itself and it's a small price to pay.

In short you'll need:
OM + patches
OMEGU +patches.

Gorshkov
06-26-10, 06:09 AM
And German speechpack is included of course (OMEGU)! And reworked OLC's GUI is here. :)

Sailor Steve
06-26-10, 08:38 AM
And I did a DBSM conversion for OM as well. :D

As for campaigns, you can start a 1939 career in a IIA out of 1st Flotilla, a VIIB out of 7th or a IXB from 2nd.

Nit
06-26-10, 02:33 PM
What's this?
http://s60.radikal.ru/i168/1006/d2/e90b2748b53bt.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s60.radikal.ru/i168/1006/d2/e90b2748b53b.jpg.html)

PS:
RSRDC_V550+Patch1
OM705-720+Patch5
OMEGU_V300+Patch7
KiUB_English

Nisgeis
06-26-10, 03:54 PM
What's this?

Frottage.

onelifecrisis
06-26-10, 06:37 PM
Thanks very much karamazov! That's about all I needed to know. :up::up:

@Gorshkov
There's a reworked OLC GUI for SH4!? :o

Edit:
Ah, you mean karamazov's GUI? I just saw it. It looks great! Karamazov, does it work with OM?

Sailor Steve
06-26-10, 08:20 PM
It most definitely does! I don't use it. but it was included in a recent version of OMEGU.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152590

Madox58
06-26-10, 09:35 PM
All the new ships look great but in the last version I played they didn't show visual damage.

The converted Units don't have all the map channels/textures nor damage 3D models.
That's alot of work!
I don't blame lurker_hlb3 for not doing all that stuff.
Maybe someday someone will attack all the Units and finish the conversion to SH4.

Gorshkov
06-27-10, 05:55 AM
Correct! Move external camera view inside stock and added ships and you immediately spot a difference.

Gorshkov
06-27-10, 09:48 AM
Taken from OM description:

3.When using the snorkel on a U-boat, CO2 will continue to build up and you will have to surface from time to time to refresh your oxygen supply. Also SH4 does not use the "submerged range" from the .sim file, there fore the Type XXI/XXIII historical underwater range can not be correctly generated.

Well, I have two questions:

- How long can you sail underwater before CO2 level achieves 100% meaning that surfacing is necessary?

***EDIT: *** In the OM Type IXC sub can travel underwater for about 50 hours before CO2 raises to 100%. At typical 5 kts speed (electric motors, diesels with snorkeling) it allows to reach 250 nm range which means issue with lack of CO2 disposal under snorkeling is rather unimportant.

- What is both Elektrobots underwater range running on batteries in OM? Isn't it too close to Type VII/IX "conventional" U-boats range and thus Elektrobots are not any qualitative breakthrough in the OM campaign?

***EDIT:*** As for second question I checked it in-game and my result is very bad: Type XXI was able to travel about 60 nm at 5 kts running submerged on batteries instead of 340 nm as it did in reality. That result is almost exact as in Type IX U-boats so now it is obvious that Elektrobots in OM are complete misunderstanding.

karamazovnew
06-27-10, 11:32 AM
Karamazov, does it work with OM?

It was built with OM in mind, yes. It's completely integrated in OMEGU and there's no direct link to a stand-alone vanilla or TMO or RFB version. You shouldn't have any problems using it although I still recommend browsing that tutorial I wrote. :up: One of these days I really should find the time to make a video tutorial.

McHibbins
06-27-10, 12:48 PM
The converted Units don't have all the map channels/textures nor damage 3D models.
That's alot of work!
I don't blame lurker_hlb3 for not doing all that stuff.
Maybe someday someone will attack all the Units and finish the conversion to SH4.

Maybe I´m wrong, but I think they didn´t have visual damage even in SH3 where they came from (Iambecomelife´s merchant pack).

karamazovnew
06-27-10, 05:19 PM
To quote Doenitz, "You're there to sink them, not see them sinking!!!" :D

Madox58
06-27-10, 05:21 PM
Maybe I´m wrong, but I think they didn´t have visual damage even in SH3 where they came from (Iambecomelife´s merchant pack).

Correct.
To add SH4 type damages you need to do the AO and normals stuff.
then add a 3D damage model.
All this requires a 3D program able to do all the things needed
and massive amounts of time to do it.
Adding the 3D damage models is not that bad as some of the ones used in SH4 already can be reused.
They don't need to fit perfectly.
But bakeing the AO takes time for each Unit.
Then you must reimport everything to the given dat.
Doing the Normal texture is not to bad.
You can follow Danlisa's tutorial and get a good one.
I also wrote a small program that does them at the click of a button.
No graphics program needed.
It's a beta version and was sent to several people to test.
I've no feed back on it so have not worked on it more.

McHibbins
06-28-10, 04:36 AM
Privateer, is it a jsgme-ready test version ? Doesn´t matter anyway, please keep up that work.
I would like to try it.

Gorshkov
06-28-10, 07:35 AM
I noticed these ships have stupid names like: "K-L-K-K-L-...". What is this???

Madox58
06-28-10, 07:54 AM
Privateer, is it a jsgme-ready test version ? Doesn´t matter anyway, please keep up that work.
I would like to try it.

It's a stand alone program that you can place anywhere.
It creates the whatevername_N01.dds just by selecting which file
you want turned into the normals.

It's an early version based on Nvidia's texture tools source code.
I'll dig it up and post a link.

McHibbins
06-28-10, 07:56 AM
I'll dig it up and post a link.

That´s fine, mate

Madox58
06-28-10, 08:08 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m4zfzzyzozw

Select the texture you want a Normal made from and wait a few seconds.
Be sure to work in a safe folder as it will overwrite the N01.dds file!

I also have a version that does the Normals for SH5.

Based on feedback I can adjust the program if it's useful.

Here's the base image:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/privateer_2006/Stuff/B25_base_image.jpg

Here's the N01 created for SH4:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/privateer_2006/Stuff/B25_SH4_N01.jpg

Here's the N01 for SH5:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/privateer_2006/Stuff/B25_SH5_N01.jpg

Sailor Steve
06-28-10, 09:10 AM
I noticed these ships have stupid names like: "K-L-K-K-L-...". What is this???
It's the US navy's quick discription of the layout of the ship.

From ONI-208J

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SailorSteve/Image1-11.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SailorSteve/Image2-4.jpg

F = Funnel
K = Kingpost
M = Mast

The recognition manuals were organized by layout to make it easier to find the type quickly.

Don't know about any 'L' though.

Gorshkov
06-28-10, 02:22 PM
OK, but Germans used ONI recognition manuals???

McHibbins
06-28-10, 02:33 PM
There´s no problem to rename them in the Names.cfg:up:

Sailor Steve
06-28-10, 04:01 PM
OK, but Germans used ONI recognition manuals???
SH4 was originally a US fleet-boat game only. The UBM add-on didn't really add anything but the German boats and the KM grids. Even SH3 had a switch for English and German voices.

If there was ever a provision for giving names to merchants as with SH3 Commander you would see my busily making names for every country and rewriting the book to reflect the real names I had given the ships. Even though I play SH4-UBM+OM I haven't bothered to go there as there are no names for them. This is also why I still play SH3 as well.

Gorshkov
06-28-10, 07:15 PM
If someone needs hard data about Type IX real performance I have interesting info taken from KTB of U-37 found at U-boat Archive. Her commander did some research during his second patrol and here you are results:

Speed measures and distances travelled:

- cruising speed at 10 knots: 6 days 15 hours 36 minutes = 1596 nm

- cruising speed at 9 knots: 21 days 14 hours 58 minutes = 4670.7 nm

- chasing speed at 12 knots: 2 days 5 hours 33 minutes = 642.6 nm

- chasing speed at 14 knots: 4 hours 35 minutes = 64.25 nm

- chasing speed at 15 knots: 2 hours 32 minutes = 38.0 nm

- submerged speed about 2.5 knots: 3 days 1 hour 46 minutes = 64.4 nm

Madox58
06-28-10, 07:27 PM
Note that the Submerged range is in Miles.
(Taken from the SHSim.act file)
Not Nautical Miles.
So there's alot of mistakes in many sim files both SH3 and SH4.

Nisgeis
06-29-10, 01:59 AM
Here's the N01 for SH5:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/privateer_2006/Stuff/B25_SH5_N01.jpg

Creating a normal map from a diffuse map instead of a height map will give you a normal map, but you'll get problem areas, so be careful. For example, the markings on the wing and fuselage shown there will be recessed on the model, whereas they would be flush, or even slightly raised on the actual aircraft.

Gorshkov
06-29-10, 04:22 AM
Note that the Submerged range is in Miles.
(Taken from the SHSim.act file)
Not Nautical Miles.
So there's alot of mistakes in many sim files both SH3 and SH4.

If you mean Type XXI underwater range discussed in GWX thread now it seems to be almost correct because 221 mi equals 255 nm.

Moreover snorkeling works as it should in SH3+GWX3 so I don't understand why the devs hard-coded incorrectly CO2 recirculation in SH4. I suppose they did so because there is no snorkel upgrade in UBM but anyway SH was always regarded as moddable game.

Sailor Steve
06-29-10, 09:03 AM
221 mi equals 255 nm.
You have that backwards. 221 NM = 255 mi. 221 mi = 192 NM.

The Nautical Mile is larger.

Gorshkov
06-29-10, 09:52 AM
Yep, my fault: 1 nm = 1.15 mi. Anyway this is too bad (Type XXI underwater range in GWX3).

Anyway I check it myself and my results are as follows:

- 208 nm at 6 kts in GWX3 versus 280 nm at 6 kts IRL
- 306 nm at 5 kts in GWX3 versus 340 nm at 5kts IRL

So at lower speeds Type XXI performance is quite realistic. Moreover I noticed that during such sail U-boat has to surface or snorkel anyway because CO2 limit raises to 100% even before batteries discharging. :)

Gorshkov
06-29-10, 12:06 PM
This SMA mine which can be laid by VIID U-boat is only eye-candy feature or it can sink a ship?

Gorshkov
06-29-10, 03:58 PM
OM campaign mission during October-November, 1942 - I was able to sail on Type IXD2 U-boat from Bordeaux to Madagascar area and back being surfaced all the time and NEVER got attacked by Allied naval or air forces. Well, I did not even spot them or any merchant at all at visual range so I did not sink anything. Only convoys and task forces were shown on the navigation map thanks to incoming BdU radio messages but they were beyond my range. Well, I used-up almost all diesel fuel for this trip!

Is this real??? :o

karamazovnew
06-29-10, 09:12 PM
OM campaign mission during October-November, 1942 - I was able to sail on Type IXD2 U-boat from Bordeaux to Madagascar area and back being surfaced all the time and NEVER got attacked by Allied naval or air forces. Well, I did not even spot them or any merchant at all at visual range so I did not sink anything. Only convoys and task forces were shown on the navigation map thanks to incoming BdU radio messages but they were beyond my range. Well, I used-up almost all diesel fuel for this trip!

Is this real??? :o

You can increase your range a LOT if you travel at 2/3'ds Ahead instead of Ahead Standard. And I think the Monsun Gruppe had a Milkcow near Madagascar.

Gorshkov
07-02-10, 06:49 AM
It is a bit strange - I can sail across Atlantic in Autumn 1941 surfaced all the time I am undetectable for Allied ASW assets. Only in the patrol grid I met one Catalina.

Besides lurker should test U-boats damage model on shallow waters. Suppose U-boat was seriously shelled or hit by depth charges - she is flooding of course and is going down to the bottom of the sea but above her crush depth. However no hull integrity damage is observed. So U-boat is completely flooded and ridiculously dangles at the floor which causes increasing of hull damage always by 1% from time to time. Only after long period when a 100% damage level is reached (it raises a hundred times by 1% - LOL!) U-boat is destroyed.

Really funny damage model and sinking mechanics...prolonged agony. :down:

McHibbins
07-02-10, 01:03 PM
Do you use OMEGU too ?

Gorshkov
07-02-10, 01:53 PM
Yes.

Moreover I tested SMA mines destruction potential against VIID mine-layer. I laid several mines and later ordered my U-boat to sail back. As a result she struck three SMA mines and instead of being completely destroyed at once U-boat got only 4% hull damage and sinking was destroyed by water pressure below crush depth.

Well, single SMA mine cannot sink Type VIID at all.

Gorshkov
07-03-10, 09:53 AM
ROTFL! :rotfl2:

7th April 1943 - I was able to dock in BESIEGED Leningrad as 27th Training Flotilla's Type-IX U-boat skipper without any problems! No Soviet airplanes, warships, coastal artillery in the port. I surfaced and voila:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6083/14464332.th.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/14464332.jpg/)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6889/36965389.th.jpg (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/36965389.jpg/)

Rusty_S85
07-03-10, 12:05 PM
I have an issue and I will try to be as specific as possible.

I started an early war career September 1939 out of Kiel with a Type II U-boat. So far it is now mid 1941 and I have been told to change my base of operation 3 times now (I tried the transfer but it only allowed me to transfer to another flotillia within Kiel) but after being told that out at sea my home port never changes away from Kiel. The Anchor stays there and the first time I got the message I made a trip and when I got to the new base I didnt have a dock option just a refit so I had to make the trek all the wa back through the english channel back to Kiel.

Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Secondly I am still in command of a Type II D U-boat, I was under the impression that the Type II`s were all regulated to training duty by 1941.

As far as my system this is the only modification I have enabled and I have OpsMonsun V705, OMv705 to V720, and OMv720 Patch 2 all enabled and everything works great (minus the Type II D compasses on the bridge dont spin correctly they flip out of their housing) its just that I get told to change my base of operation but cant and its been a good 5 months in game since I was upgraded from the Type II C to the Type II D.

I just noticed how ever that there is a Patch 5 out I am downloading now. Will try that and edit this post if theres no change still. Didnt even know there was an updated patch till I saw people talking about it a few pages back.

Gorshkov
07-03-10, 12:17 PM
Try to apply OM v720 Patch 5.

lurker_hlb3
07-03-10, 12:22 PM
I have an issue and I will try to be as specific as possible.

I started an early war career September 1939 out of Kiel with a Type II U-boat. So far it is now mid 1941 and I have been told to change my base of operation 3 times now (I tried the transfer but it only allowed me to transfer to another flotillia within Kiel) but after being told that out at sea my home port never changes away from Kiel. The Anchor stays there and the first time I got the message I made a trip and when I got to the new base I didnt have a dock option just a refit so I had to make the trek all the wa back through the english channel back to Kiel.

Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Secondly I am still in command of a Type II D U-boat, I was under the impression that the Type II`s were all regulated to training duty by 1941.

As far as my system this is the only modification I have enabled and I have OpsMonsun V705, OMv705 to V720, and OMv720 Patch 2 all enabled and everything works great (minus the Type II D compasses on the bridge dont spin correctly they flip out of their housing) its just that I get told to change my base of operation but cant and its been a good 5 months in game since I was upgraded from the Type II C to the Type II D.

First you need to pay attention to the flotilla the message is address to. Second if you read the readme in the first post you will see what home base you are assigned to and when also when you get a new boat. Your in the 1st. Flotilla.

Also you can always check the first post for all the latest updates

AVGWarhawk
07-03-10, 02:16 PM
ROTFL! :rotfl2:

7th April 1943 - I was able to dock in BESIEGED Leningrad as 27th Training Flotilla's Type-IX U-boat skipper without any problems! No Soviet airplanes, warships, coastal artillery in the port. I surfaced and voila:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6083/14464332.th.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/14464332.jpg/)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6889/36965389.th.jpg (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/36965389.jpg/)

It is the battle of the Atlantic....not Leningrad! :O:

Gorshkov
07-03-10, 03:15 PM
Yeah! Is an "Operation Monsun" a part of Battle of Atlantic? :arrgh!:

Rusty_S85
07-03-10, 05:18 PM
First you need to pay attention to the flotilla the message is address to. Second if you read the readme in the first post you will see what home base you are assigned to and when also when you get a new boat. Your in the 1st. Flotilla.

Also you can always check the first post for all the latest updates

Well Im in 1st Flotilla and the messages I keep getting are directed to "1st flotillia" to change base of operation to Brest. I will have to bring it back up to see the date but I am pretty sure I am in July right now 1941.

Rameses
07-07-10, 08:05 AM
Posting here cuz noone answers on OMEGU link =_= ...
dont like navigation & attack map applied by this mod :stare: how to remove them? what files? :x

lurker_hlb3
07-07-10, 11:37 AM
Posting here cuz noone answers on OMEGU link =_= ...
dont like navigation & attack map applied by this mod :stare: how to remove them? what files? :x

Your comment is vague, what don't you like?

TheBeast
07-07-10, 04:55 PM
Hello everyone!
I have a question/observation about OM.
I started my Carreer Aug. 1943 in a Type-IXD2 out of Bordeaux France Atlantic Ocean. My first patrol is in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Etheopia.:o
I hope I can pass through the canal because that is where I am heading. Currently in the Med looking to refit.
The first time I tried to submerge to Periscope depth it took almost 5 minutes and Crash Dive is taking over 2 minutes. Is it supposed to take this long?:06: I thought the Type-IX92 could submerge some where around 30 seconds...:hmmm:
Is this something to do with my MOD's? Nothing loading after OM...

Please Advise!

lurker_hlb3
07-07-10, 05:51 PM
Hello everyone!
I have a question/observation about OM.
I started my Carreer Aug. 1943 in a Type-IXD2 out of Bordeaux France Atlantic Ocean. My first patrol is in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Etheopia.:o
I hope I can pass through the canal because that is where I am heading. Currently in the Med looking to refit.
The first time I tried to submerge to Periscope depth it took almost 5 minutes and Crash Dive is taking over 2 minutes. Is it supposed to take this long?:06: I thought the Type-IX92 could submerge some where around 30 seconds...:hmmm:
Is this something to do with my MOD's? Nothing loading after OM...

Please Advise!

Dive times are "as designed"

I hope I can pass through the canal because that is where I am heading.

Your going to die

Rameses
07-07-10, 08:03 PM
i dont like that planes look like little dots.... that i cant see trail back of my ship.... well line that was behind ship gone..... + ships & planes when that was on map looks almost like active... (poor color choises rly ... ) from time to time its hard for me to understand is that a ship that it is or that was.... well ITS JUST NOT COMFORTABLE FOR PLAY! T_T
& by the way how bout adding enemy subs?;o or if they already added where they can be found =) ? ...or its a bad idea?;o

lurker_hlb3
07-07-10, 08:58 PM
i dont like that planes look like little dots.... that i cant see trail back of my ship.... well line that was behind ship gone..... + ships & planes when that was on map looks almost like active... (poor color choises rly ... ) from time to time its hard for me to understand is that a ship that it is or that was.... well ITS JUST NOT COMFORTABLE FOR PLAY! T_T

Well I'm sorry that you think its to hard :wah::wah::wah::wah:

Deinstall OMEGUv300

go to OMEGU_v300\Data\Menu\Gui\
delete the Units directory
delete DashLine.dds and ContLine.dds

re-install OMEGUv300

You will get "some" off what you want, but the rest in impossible to remove without wrecking in mod.

Rameses
07-07-10, 09:15 PM
Y! ;) its kinda historical wright & intresting maps:) butt!:cool: ;o for its much more difficult this way! T_T Im kinda still nooby at SH4 :oops: and old looking nav-attack maps are better for me now... >_> if i wanna hit ships with torpedoes .... manually *__* at least...:oops:
THX for help ^^

By the way... sailing quite a while in west side of england... its may 24 1941... and didnt FIND A BIT ONE LARGE WARSHIP! D: WHY? Where i can find many lagre warships?))

Gorshkov
07-08-10, 07:36 AM
There is one problem with OM - you cannot find enemy merchants, convoys and task forces in your proximity. As a result you often come back from patrol without any battle engagement except crush-diving after spotting enemy planes. I personally carried out several such fruitless patrols on Atlantic. The same behavior I found in RSRDC - three patrols on-board S-class sub in 1941-42 (Asiatic Fleet) and only one Japanese destroyer met. In the stock campaign you have much more opportunities to sink enemy vessels because ocean is more "populated".

As for lack of ship's direction mark you can accelerate time for a while and see how dot moves on the navigation map assuming you have automatic map update feature enabled. You can find the course that way.

ivank
07-08-10, 09:51 PM
Your going to die

:har:

TheBeast
07-09-10, 04:11 AM

OK, I am a total nub but but I really like this MOD and didn't want to dump it just because of dive times. So, this is what I did...

After fudging the numbers around in the NSS_Uboat9d2.sim these are the dive times I was able to obtain.
Periscope Depth command time until Tower is submerged = 2 min 5 sec.
Dive command time until Towere is submerged = 1 min.
Crash Dive command time until Tower is submerged = 33 sec.

All times listed above are based on the boat moving at 12 kts (Ahead Standard, Battery's are fully charged).

I also adjusted drafts to spec's I could find. Surfaced = -5.4, Submerged = -7.2 total height keel to top of tower = 12.6 meters (I think should be more like 15 meters)
The boat sits in the water right at waterline now without speed loss.

Not sure if this is all correct but IMO the dive times are far more accurate then before. Now when radar detects a inbound aircraft, I can be submerged before it can get a visual on me. They still drop bombs on me but no where near as accurate as before. Before the change they damaged me every time. Now they damage maybe 25% of the time.

Wilcke
07-09-10, 12:03 PM
There is one problem with OM - you cannot find enemy merchants, convoys and task forces in your proximity. As a result you often come back from patrol without any battle engagement except crush-diving after spotting enemy planes. I personally carried out several such fruitless patrols on Atlantic. The same behavior I found in RSRDC - three patrols on-board S-class sub in 1941-42 (Asiatic Fleet) and only one Japanese destroyer met. In the stock campaign you have much more opportunities to sink enemy vessels because ocean is more "populated".

As for lack of ship's direction mark you can accelerate time for a while and see how dot moves on the navigation map assuming you have automatic map update feature enabled. You can find the course that way.

I have found OM to provide plenty of targets. Been running it since V100 and the campaign is very nicely done.

jaxa
07-09-10, 01:47 PM
Where can I find list of all ships and planes from the OM?

lurker_hlb3
07-09-10, 03:46 PM
Where can I find list of all ships and planes from the OM?

After install of OM, go to Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Roster and look at the "names.cfg" file.

green_abobo
07-09-10, 05:39 PM
just running OM basic package. terrific mod.

i like the variety of merchants.

is there a fix for the recognition manual alternate view(s) missing? (45 degree angle) or the one's that are blank?

just curious. thanks again.

Where i can find many lagre warships?))

*cough*

scapa flow

:03:

etheberge
07-09-10, 06:03 PM
just running OM basic package. terrific mod.

i like the variety of merchants.

is there a fix for the recognition manual alternate view(s) missing? (45 degree angle) or the one's that are blank?

I re-did the silhouettes for the OM rec manual a while back and also added the 45 and 0 degree views.

You can find the mod here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1194909&postcount=1

There's a small handful of ships that aren't done (mostly trawlers and such) but that's because they were added after I last updated the mod.

jaxa
07-10-10, 11:47 AM
After install of OM, go to Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Roster and look at the "names.cfg" file.

Thanks lurker :up:
Is it possible in next versions of your megamod to fix museum and make possibility for watching all objects in museum?

Gorshkov
07-10-10, 01:22 PM
Can you give some idea about time compression's influence over detection of enemy assets in SH4 and/or OM?

TheBeast
07-10-10, 08:14 PM
Current Date: Oct. 27, 1943
3 weeks ago I received this message

To: Gruppen Monsun
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY CHANGE BASE OF OPERATIONS TO PENANG X

After completing first two Mission Objectives and patroling area of my choice until fuel was low. I headed for Penag and when I arrived, I was unable to port so I refit. I checked the Map and my home port is still in Bordeaux, France. So I am guessing I am either not part of the "Gruppen Monsun" or this is a bug.

Also, a few other message traffic that I receive are coming from COMSUBPAC...:hmmm: Not to sure but should I be following these orders issued from the American Pacific Fleet Submarine Command?:o

To: U-862
SINK 5000 TONS OF ENEMY SHIPPING IN GRID LU54 X

Is this a trap where the Americans are waiting for me at that location?:06::hmmm::timeout:

Unable to obtain any further objective from BdU or COMSUBPAC, so I am camping out in the middle of the Indian Ocean where I would suspect some enemy shipping traffic to pass by.

Please Advise!

lurker_hlb3
07-10-10, 10:07 PM
Current Date: Oct. 27, 1943
3 weeks ago I received this message

To: Gruppen Monsun
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY CHANGE BASE OF OPERATIONS TO PENANG X

After completing first two Mission Objectives and patroling area of my choice until fuel was low. I headed for Penag and when I arrived, I was unable to port so I refit. I checked the Map and my home port is still in Bordeaux, France. So I am guessing I am either not part of the "Gruppen Monsun" or this is a bug.

Also, a few other message traffic that I receive are coming from COMSUBPAC...:hmmm: Not to sure but should I be following these orders issued from the American Pacific Fleet Submarine Command?:o

To: U-862
SINK 5000 TONS OF ENEMY SHIPPING IN GRID LU54 X

Is this a trap where the Americans are waiting for me at that location?:06::hmmm::timeout:

Unable to obtain any further objective from BdU or COMSUBPAC, so I am camping out in the middle of the Indian Ocean where I would suspect some enemy shipping traffic to pass by.

Please Advise!

1. All messages to "ALL" Flotillas are receive by the player

2. So I am guessing I am either not part of the "Gruppen Monsun"That is correct. If you were part of Gruppen Monsun your original home port is Lorient

See this first post of this thread

3. Also, a few other message traffic that I receive are coming from COMSUBPAC.It appears that you are playing OM "without" OMEGU. If you don't want to see that, open menu.txt in Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Menu\ with notepad and go to item 4193 and change it to Bdu.

TheBeast
07-11-10, 03:39 PM
Chronometer and Crew Warnings Text Box Starting Positions:

I managed to remeber how to move the Chrono Starting Postion just above the Orders Bar and just to the right of the Map Tools for 1600 x 1024 resolution in the menu_1024_768.ini file.

[G29 I2]
;Zone= 412 768 234 225 0 1 0x29000000 1.23 0 0x29020000 -1 0 -300 0
Zone= 412 768 234 225 0 1 0x29000000 1.23 0 0x29020000 -1 0 -1470 -705

Can anyone remind me what to change to lower the Crew Warnings Text box Centered just above the Orders Bars?:06: I hate that it starts over my map legend when in Navigation Map View.

Gorshkov
07-15-10, 01:49 PM
Think about modded SH5 campaign, lurker.

Gorshkov
07-22-10, 04:14 PM
Hi, lurker!

Your concept of VIID mine-layer is not historically accurate. U-boat has to surface to reload remaining four mines from external stores which is not realistic because VIID carried all 15 mines in its five internal silos (thee mines in each silo). Think about placing all 15 mines inside U-boat aft torpedo magazine like SOM Group did with Kalev-class mine-layer and remove external one completely. Also place 10 torpedoes into bow torpedo compartment because VIID carried 14 fishes exactly as VIIC. All external stores could be removed. That way VIID would become quite realistically armed - of course in accordance with SH4/OM limitations.

h.sie
07-26-10, 02:12 AM
Hi Lurker,

in the 1st Post I can read "Sergbutos virtual torpedos". Does that mean OM has wolfpack AI-Uboats scripted in the campaign???

Greetings,
h.sie

lurker_hlb3
07-26-10, 06:50 AM
Hi Lurker,

in the 1st Post I can read "Sergbutos virtual torpedos". Does that mean OM has wolfpack AI-Uboats scripted in the campaign???

Greetings,
h.sie

yes

h.sie
07-26-10, 07:04 AM
cool! :DL

Gorshkov
07-26-10, 09:46 AM
Not so cool! Where did you find data all Type IX U-boats carried 26 torpedoes, Lurker???

Mikawa3945
07-26-10, 11:45 AM
First off, thank you Lurker for giving Kaleuns a chance to ply our trade on a new game engine.:salute:

I've been out in the heat of the Pacific with TMO and RSRD for awhile now, but have just recently discovered OM and decided to go back to the fog and squalls of the North Atlantic, although I do have a few questions (sorry if these have been answered in previous posts :oops:):

1. Since renown is no longer used to purchase new sub types like in SH3, and fleet boats in the pacific have a linear upgrade path, how is this handled in Operation Monsun, and is it possible to switch between different types of uboat such as going from a Type II or VII to a Type IX and back?

2. Is it possible to transfer between flotillas especially if they use a different Uboat type than your current model, like starting with a Type IXA in the 2nd flotilla then switch to the 7th that uses Type VIIs when they transfer to St. Nazaire?

3. What type of damage model is used for player uboats? The reason I ask this is I recently started a career in '39 with a Type IIC and took a direct bomb hit to the deck and had most of my crew wounded, a large chunk of my systems damage or destroyed, and critical flooding in half my boat but didn't lose a single point of hull integrity and was still afloat and underway:o.

4. I have seen a few screenshots from Battle of the Baltic that had a TMO-style orders bar. Is there a download for this or a way to edit/add it to OM?http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1282798&postcount=74

5. When using OMEGU w/ KiUB is there a way to get the target name to display on the UZO and/or observation scope like it does with the attack scope?

6. How do you get emblems to display on your conning tower? I have tried using the ones that came with OM/OMEGU but can't see them on my boat.

7. Last but not least, are there supply ships and milk cows in game?

Again, thanks to Lurker and all the others that put there time and energy into trying to make these games the best they can.:up:

P.S- Can't wait for We Dive At Dawn to hit the Med.

Current enabled mods:

OpMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
AS_for_OMv102
As_for_OMv102_Patch2
Office Mod
KiUB_English
Csengoi's EnemiesofGermany

h.sie
07-26-10, 03:24 PM
Hello Lurker,

I probably found some issues related to OM/OMEGU (or Sh4):

1. Single Mission: RUM 390917 U29. After starting the Mission I took course 355 - 0. Some time later the big carrier comes into visible range for me, but the crew does not detect him. I go nearer and nearer to the carrier, but nothing happens, crew seems to sleep or is blind. Even if I can see the carrier easily without binoculars, the crew is unable to detect the big ship. My Mod Config:

OpMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7

After deinstalling the OMEGU mods the behaviour is better, but the environment - not like atlantic.

2) Single Mission: RUM 400121 U22. After Surfacing the crew detects the ships, but I only see a text message, no sound (yes, my speakers are powered and online).

3) (Very low prioity): When being depthcharged I never hear that "Depthcharges in the water" sound from the sound folder. Has anybody ever heard that sound?

4) When the sonarman reports a contact, I can only hear "Lage 212" which means "Bearing 212". (I have german language activated). But I expect "Contact, Warship, Bearing 212, Closing" or similar. For this problem I already found a solution: I took the Folder \Library\AnimGraphsGE\SUB1 from Ducimus' new NineDeltaTwo Mod and installed in on top of OM. Now I can hear "Contact, Warship, Bearing 212, Closing" (in german of course).

Greetings and thanks for your hard work.
h.sie

lurker_hlb3
07-26-10, 04:13 PM
First off, thank you Lurker for giving Kaleuns a chance to ply our trade on a new game engine.:salute:

I've been out in the heat of the Pacific with TMO and RSRD for awhile now, but have just recently discovered OM and decided to go back to the fog and squalls of the North Atlantic, although I do have a few questions (sorry if these have been answered in previous posts :oops:):

1. Since renown is no longer used to purchase new sub types like in SH3, and fleet boats in the pacific have a linear upgrade path, how is this handled in Operation Monsun, and is it possible to switch between different types of uboat such as going from a Type II or VII to a Type IX and back?

2. Is it possible to transfer between flotillas especially if they use a different Uboat type than your current model, like starting with a Type IXA in the 2nd flotilla then switch to the 7th that uses Type VIIs when they transfer to St. Nazaire?

3. What type of damage model is used for player uboats? The reason I ask this is I recently started a career in '39 with a Type IIC and took a direct bomb hit to the deck and had most of my crew wounded, a large chunk of my systems damage or destroyed, and critical flooding in half my boat but didn't lose a single point of hull integrity and was still afloat and underway:o.

4. I have seen a few screenshots from Battle of the Baltic that had a TMO-style orders bar. Is there a download for this or a way to edit/add it to OM?http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1282798&postcount=74

5. When using OMEGU w/ KiUB is there a way to get the target name to display on the UZO and/or observation scope like it does with the attack scope?

6. How do you get emblems to display on your conning tower? I have tried using the ones that came with OM/OMEGU but can't see them on my boat.

7. Last but not least, are there supply ships and milk cows in game?

Again, thanks to Lurker and all the others that put there time and energy into trying to make these games the best they can.:up:

Current enabled mods:

OpMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
AS_for_OMv102
As_for_OMv102_Patch2
Office Mod
KiUB_English
Csengoi's EnemiesofGermany

Item 1 - No

Item 2 - No

Item 3 - go to MODS\OpsMonsun_V705\Support\OM_Readme_files\ and read OMv400 Uboat Damage Model

Item 4 - No

Item 5 - No

Item 6 - When in port go to the "equipment" section of the office and it will be list under misc.

Item 7 - yes

Your going to have a "long" wait

Gorshkov
07-27-10, 03:24 PM
Why do all upgrades in your mod cost 0, lurker? :06:

Jan Kyster
07-27-10, 06:55 PM
From the manual: "In case of upgrades, you're urged to make a donation to Neal Stevens, SubSim.com" :smug:

:D

Gorshkov
07-28-10, 05:35 AM
Very funny! Is that your idea? :rotfl2:

h.sie
07-29-10, 02:25 AM
Hello Lurker,

obviously you missed my post #2651.

Would be nice to get some help. Thanks in advance!

h.sie

Frigus
07-30-10, 12:30 PM
Help, adapt Bismarck ship for Operation Monsun:cry:

оу) I did this ship for a game

h.sie
07-31-10, 06:49 AM
(deleted)

h.sie
07-31-10, 08:00 AM
Hi Lurker,

I made some observations which maybe are of interest. I share them with you although you prefer not to react on my posts. My posts are always intended as constructive and I apologize if that has not been understood. Surely a language problem.

I only can hear the "Ship spotted" sound in the Type IIB but not on the Type IIC (and other german Uboats)

But if I change the .upcge file in order to use Turm_2b_1 instead of Turm_2c for the Type IIC UBoat, then I have the "Ship spotted" sound on the IIC. So I looked into the .sim file of the Turm_2C and discovered that there are no "Watchmen" entries as they can be found in the Turm_2B or in the Turm_9d2.

After adding the missing Watchmen entries to the Turm_2c.sim file AND after setting the correct ParentIDs for those Watchmen entries (must be linked to the correct Watchmen position Nodes in the Turm_2c.dat file) I have the "Ship Spotted" sound on the Turm_2C.

In the next days I'll fix the .sim file of all Turms for my private use. Tell me if you are interested to use it in OM. I would be glad to make some small contribute to OM.

Have a nice weekend
h.sie

clara2g
08-17-10, 10:43 AM
Wowowow, I love this mod, but I have a little problem with it, I have installed RSRD+OM+OMEGU in the order detailed in the first post, but in the periscope view I cant manipulate the Impact Angle, and if I manipulate the AOB the impact angle moves exactly as the AOB does, weird... and the values of them are no the same that the ones frome the attack map's TDC

Am I doing something wrong? :-?

Alky
08-23-10, 05:17 PM
I've just downloaded the OM mod and unpacked it. Do I just overwrite the folders in my game with the enclosed OM folders to install it? Seems too simple and dangerous, had to ask :hmmm::oops:

tater
08-23-10, 05:41 PM
NO!

Get JSGME. The mods go in the MODS folder, and JSGME switches them in and out without hurting your install.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156898

Alky
08-24-10, 01:15 AM
NO!

Get JSGME. The mods go in the MODS folder, and JSGME switches them in and out without hurting your install.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156898

Oooops! :damn:

tater
08-24-10, 07:45 AM
You're still OK, OM would have installed itself into a folder, not straight into the data folder unless you dragged everything there.

Alky
08-24-10, 09:56 AM
You're still OK, OM would have installed itself into a folder, not straight into the data folder unless you dragged everything there.
I copied the OM folders over their respective folders in the game. I've since copied them into the mods folder and used JSGME. The mod seems to work although I've not tried the Pacific portion of the game since. Thanx! :)
Impatience is not a virtue!

Alky
08-27-10, 10:46 AM
Well, after un-installing all SH4 related matter, I re-installed, added the Op Monsun as well as the Monsun graphics package and Carotio's radio package. All seemed well after beginning my U-boat career and saving it after a few hours. Upon loading the saved game again, I have no plotted course and am unable to re-draw it. The course plotting tool doesn't function.
Re-starting a career works ok, but after saving and re-loading, it again is without a plotted course and the tool not working. Doing an entire patrol in one sitting is not possible. Has anyone seen this before?
:cry:

Jan Kyster
08-27-10, 11:39 AM
...saving it after a few hours. Upon loading the saved game again, I have no plotted course and am unable to re-draw it.I had that once. It happened after making gamechanges... :D

Did you change anything, like removing or adding stuff? Enabling another mod, maybe?

Rameses
08-30-10, 02:59 PM
Hallo all ! ^^ erm... First of all i'd like to ask about air craft-planes in monsun
arn there TOO MANY OF THEM:damn: ? i tried to go near england in 1945... on XXI type... by the way historically protypes of XXI was sailing sea in 1944 .... erm Anyway ISNT THERE A SIMPLE WAY TO REDUCE QUANTITY-NUMBERS OF THOSE AIR-PLANES ??? I mean rly historically XXI type was able to be underwater for like... 3 MONTHS?(dunno i guess it must go farther underwater anyway)...Also XXI had 3 type of engines and one for silent run was make it impossib to detect while on 6 knots... But in monsun its not like that...& also XXI type could sink ship with torpdeoes on Big depths without help of periscope...
2nd VERY ANNOYING THING IS GERMAN SUBS CAN ONLY SWIM ON 1-25M AND 70(CRASH DIVE ONLY- LOL) DEPTH.... OMG! HOW CAN I MAKE TO CHOOSE AT LEAST 1-100m depth ? :/ And what year do i need to start and where to go to find big groups of warships&else... Played for quite long in 1941 near england & only groups where 3-4 antiboat little ships(Armed Trailer)TOO MUCH OF THAT Armd Trailers ANYWHERE! or 3-4 a little bigger... escorting big convoys ... i WANNA SINK BATTLESHIPS AIR CARRIERS & ELSE BIG FISH:arrgh!:! Oh & by the while installed OM+OMEGU MODS My Camera dont show ships when i press next-previous unit...(so i have to go them by free camera ! =(( ) i cant change angle or if i can theres no ship just sea! oO is it normal?

clara2g
09-01-10, 11:14 AM
Hello, I started today my carerr with this great super mod, I choosen September 1939, First flotilla and Type IIB.

But since the first dive the CO2 indicator was stuck and my tripulation died asphyxiated running in surface :doh:

Is that a bug related to this mod?

Also, as I posted a few days ago, the impact angle dial still doesn't working properly for me in the periscope view, just works fine in the attack map view.

Sorry for my english :oops:

themrwho
09-04-10, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Upgraded to SH4 (I know a bit late), enjoying OM very much. I have a question though;

I was waiting in periscope depth just outside Hartlepool and I was about to torpedo a smaller cargo ship.

Then I noticed there's a much larger American "K-M-K-K-K-F-K-M-F (A) Merchant" in 600 meters range. So I was calculating AOB and speed to bring USA into the war :D

However, the ship just disappeared (I had it in my ATKscope). I saved & reloaded and didn't come back (well just tried my luck).

So my question is: Is this the way scripted ships work, spawn - travel some distance - then disappear at a close-to-port point?

Or is anything wrong with my installation?

Thank you

@lurker_hlb3,
Great mode, thank you very much for your hard work.

Pablo
09-04-10, 07:46 PM
Hello, I started today my carerr with this great super mod, I choosen September 1939, First flotilla and Type IIB.

But since the first dive the CO2 indicator was stuck and my tripulation died asphyxiated running in surface :doh:

Also, as I posted a few days ago, the impact angle dial still doesn't working properly for me in the periscope view, just works fine in the attack map view.

Sorry for my english :oops:
Hi!

The asphyxiation bug is in the stock game; the mod cannot fix it.

Pablo

themrwho
09-04-10, 08:23 PM

Hi,

It's a stock bug. If you want the 'normal' CO2 functionality, save your game, exit to main menu, re-load the game you just saved.

It should now work.

themrwho
09-04-10, 08:27 PM
Hallo all ! ^^ erm... First of all i'd like to ask about air craft-planes in monsun
arn there TOO MANY OF THEM

2nd VERY ANNOYING THING IS GERMAN SUBS CAN ONLY SWIM ON 1-25M AND 70(CRASH DIVE ONLY- LOL) DEPTH.... OMG! HOW CAN I MAKE TO CHOOSE AT LEAST 1-100m depth

No idea about decreasing number of planes.

For depth there is a button near the 'depthmeter'. That button changes the 'zoom level' of the depthmeter. First one is shallow mode - giving you fine tuning for 1 to 25 meters options.

The other one is 1 to 250 or something like that.

Summary, click on the small button near / under depthmeter and then you'll get your option to set to 100 meter or whatever you like.

sergei
09-05-10, 01:14 PM

It's not related to the mod.
It's a stock bug that made it through quality control.
Tended to happen to me after I would Alt-Tab out of the game.
A save and reload would clear it.
After I stopped using Alt-Tab when the game was running it's never happened to me since.

Forensicman101
09-06-10, 05:23 AM
The asphyxiation bug is an SH4 problem. I've found that the way around it is that if my crew aren't able to replenish oxygen whilst surfaced, I save the game & restart. That's always worked for me in the past. If that fails, submerge and save the game then restart.

Regarding disappearing ships, I was lining up to attack a nice big unescorted convoy near Panama in my trusty Type IX when the whole convoy disappeared. It appears that ships are scripted to disappear when close to a port. Solution: pour yourself a glass of whisky and move on. At least you haven't expended any torpedoes. I suggest that any future revision of the Mod could have the ships disappearing once they get into harbour.

nemo7
09-06-10, 12:47 PM
Hi Lurker,

I made some observations which maybe are of interest. I share them with you although you prefer not to react on my posts. My posts are always intended as constructive and I apologize if that has not been understood. Surely a language problem.

I only can hear the "Ship spotted" sound in the Type IIB but not on the Type IIC (and other german Uboats)

But if I change the .upcge file in order to use Turm_2b_1 instead of Turm_2c for the Type IIC UBoat, then I have the "Ship spotted" sound on the IIC. So I looked into the .sim file of the Turm_2C and discovered that there are no "Watchmen" entries as they can be found in the Turm_2B or in the Turm_9d2.

After adding the missing Watchmen entries to the Turm_2c.sim file AND after setting the correct ParentIDs for those Watchmen entries (must be linked to the correct Watchmen position Nodes in the Turm_2c.dat file) I have the "Ship Spotted" sound on the Turm_2C.

In the next days I'll fix the .sim file of all Turms for my private use. Tell me if you are interested to use it in OM. I would be glad to make some small contribute to OM.

Have a nice weekend
h.sie

Nice to see you around here h.sie! OM is a GREAT Mega mod and with your contribution will be even BETTER...:DL

h.sie
09-07-10, 02:58 AM
Hi nemo,

lurker does not respond to my posts. I don't know if there was a misunderstanding. OM is a great mod, but I changed back to SH3.

h.sie

h.sie
09-08-10, 01:09 AM
I've been told that Lurker is tired at the moment. So I want to send him best wishes and thanks for all his efford for more than one SH4 supermod.

themrwho
09-09-10, 06:05 PM
Yes this is a great mod, indeed, thanks to Lurker. I have a repeating CTD on return to Kiel issue though.

Can you guys please enlighten me, are you having CTDs often too upon returning to base?

Is it just my PC or installation?

To test the bad installation theory, tonight I removed everything and reinstalled a new copy of SH1.4+UBM patch, just to see if my mod soup was behind this CTDs, the result is NO, CTDs are still there.

[NOTE: the mod soup I believe was not an actual soup either, just enemies of germany even Lurker posted once, some music/radio and real clothes v2 - none of them should 'CTD' I guess, but not sure, so I did not install them in my shiny new test installation.]

This is the list of enabled mods in my new test installation:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
01.1. RSRDC_SH15_V550
01.2. RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
02.1. OpsMonsun_V705
02.2. OMv705_to_V720
02.3. OMv720_Patch5
03.1. OMEGU_v300
04.1. OMEGU_v300_Patch7
04.1.'s optional add-on.1. OM_SH3_Command_Keys
99.1. themrwho's Setting(s) - Realism & Keyboard commands

The numbers before each mod is just for my personal convenience while listing mods, NOTHING modified in those directories except renaming the folder. << that surely wouldn't affect, right?

99.1. mod, as the name suggests, just a text change so I am almost sure it is not the reason.

As you can see I only installed what is listed in 1st post, so why does this game crash almost every time I return to port (Kiel)

Date - Sept 10 1939
Location - saved game is Just outside Kiel port / crash is when it goes close enough to have anchor icon, and dock option
Type of Sub - VIIB
Flotilla - 7
Mods (in install order) - listed above
other relevant facts - I don't know, what other facts can I provide? Here is some hardware & software stuff

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.80 Ghz
4.00 GB Mem on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (3.25 usable)
ATI Radeon HD 5800 1GB (Total Available Graphics Memory 2430 MB / Shared System Memory 1406)
HP 2310i Monitor
Using 1920x1080 60Hz

Thanks in advance for any hints to make my OM more stable...

tater
09-09-10, 07:22 PM
A quick diagnostic would be to disable mods one at a time (reverse order, so your 99.1 is the first to go), then see if RTB causes the CTD. That might give an idea of the conflict, or at least what mod is causing it.

CCIP
09-09-10, 07:43 PM
The other one I'd really suggest disabling is RSRDC. OM is not designed to keep both sides playable, just the German side. So I would only install OM/OMEGU here, and keep RSRDC in reserve - enable it when you play the pacific side only.

But I would suspect the last mod on the list. It's not just a "text change" - it is a pretty definite config change, and it could easily bust the game due to incompatibility... check it anyway just in case. If the you did the text changes yourself, doublecheck them and make sure you are changing them in config files that are originally part of OM - if they come from other mod versions, they could potentially cause trouble.

tater
09-09-10, 10:40 PM
True, CCIP, I forgot about RSRDC vs OM (having never run the latter).

Step one for themrwho:

RTFM

:)

I'm sure there is a mod order suggestion there, likely on the first page.

etheberge
09-10-10, 01:25 PM
Themrwho,

You still have the save game close to Kiel? If so try this:

1. Go to SH4\Data\Library
2. Rename Harbor_kit_A1.dat to Harbor_kit_A1.bak
3. Rename Harbor_kit_A1.dsd to Harbor_kit_A1.bak
4. Test and see if it still crashes.

I used to have lots of CTDs around Kiel too starting around the time when OM Patch 5 was released. Leaving port, coming back, even when taking screenshots.

I always suspected it was something related to the SH3 sub pens that were added to Kiel. Plus I didn't like them anyway :-) When I deleted the two files that install those sub pens all my CTDs went away.

Anyway try it, if it still crashes then just rename the files back to what they were.

Yes this is a great mod, indeed, thanks to Lurker. I have a repeating CTD on return to Kiel issue though.

Can you guys please enlighten me, are you having CTDs often too upon returning to base?

Is it just my PC or installation?

To test the bad installation theory, tonight I removed everything and reinstalled a new copy of SH1.4+UBM patch, just to see if my mod soup was behind this CTDs, the result is NO, CTDs are still there.

[NOTE: the mod soup I believe was not an actual soup either, just enemies of germany even Lurker posted once, some music/radio and real clothes v2 - none of them should 'CTD' I guess, but not sure, so I did not install them in my shiny new test installation.]

This is the list of enabled mods in my new test installation:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
01.1. RSRDC_SH15_V550
01.2. RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
02.1. OpsMonsun_V705
02.2. OMv705_to_V720
02.3. OMv720_Patch5
03.1. OMEGU_v300
04.1. OMEGU_v300_Patch7
04.1.'s optional add-on.1. OM_SH3_Command_Keys
99.1. themrwho's Setting(s) - Realism & Keyboard commands

Date - Sept 10 1939
Location - saved game is Just outside Kiel port / crash is when it goes close enough to have anchor icon, and dock option
Type of Sub - VIIB
Flotilla - 7
Mods (in install order) - listed above
other relevant facts - I don't know, what other facts can I provide? Here is some hardware & software stuff

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.80 Ghz
4.00 GB Mem on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (3.25 usable)
ATI Radeon HD 5800 1GB (Total Available Graphics Memory 2430 MB / Shared System Memory 1406)
HP 2310i Monitor
Using 1920x1080 60Hz

Thanks in advance for any hints to make my OM more stable...

themrwho
09-10-10, 01:30 PM
@tater & CCIP,

Thank you for inputs, I will disable 99.1 mod -actually I think I already tried that late night, but to be sure I will do that again now-.

Then if that does not work I will disable RSRDC and its patch and use OM+OMEGU only.

@tater,
Thanks again for trying to help but if you seriously want to help people, it will increase your chances of success to read the 'problem description' properly first.

Just so that you know, I did read the fancy manual. In fact, I set out to read every single documents in OM, OMEGU support directories plus all posts in this thread. Most documents completed, and on this thread I am on page 103 now, 50 more to go. But as you may appreciate this take some time to complete hence the posting here. Do not jump to the conclusion that I'm wasting others' time without investing my own to help myself.

And for future reference, a quote from the 1st post here

[B]If you wish to play US Navy and Uboat operations and use OMEGU plus optional OMEGU mods:

RSRDC v550
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

That's precisely what I have on my computer as explained above. So it should not CTD according to what I have been reading in the last 2-3 weeks.

themrwho
09-10-10, 01:40 PM
Themrwho,

You still have the save game close to Kiel? If so try this:

1. Go to SH4\Data\Library
2. Rename Harbor_kit_A1.dat to Harbor_kit_A1.bak
3. Rename Harbor_kit_A1.dsd to Harbor_kit_A1.bak
4. Test and see if it still crashes.

I used to have lots of CTDs around Kiel too starting around the time when OM Patch 5 was released. Leaving port, coming back, even when taking screenshots.

I always suspected it was something related to the SH3 sub pens that were added to Kiel. Plus I didn't like them anyway :-) When I deleted the two files that install those sub pens all my CTDs went away.

Anyway try it, if it still crashes then just rename the files back to what they were.

@etheberge,

I did this and tried twice to dock @ Kiel. In the past it CTD either 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10. Now 2 out of 2 successful docking.

Results of quick testing suggests problem is now solved. I will test extensively tonight.

Thank you very much!

EDIT - (assuming it's permanently fixed now) I knew it was not my tiny lovely 99.1 config change ultra mini mod :)

Forensicman101
09-10-10, 01:42 PM
If anyone's interested, I've made an "Early Type XXI" mod that's workable with Lurker's Operation Monsun mod. This is my first mod & my first attempt at uploading a file for other people to use, so any advice would be gratefully received.

The file can be found here:
http://www.filefront.com/17279490/Early XXI OM.zip

etheberge
09-10-10, 02:24 PM
@etheberge,

I did this and tried twice to dock @ Kiel. In the past it CTD either 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10. Now 2 out of 2 successful docking.

Results of quick testing suggests problem is now solved. I will test extensively tonight.

Thank you very much!

EDIT - (assuming it's permanently fixed now) I knew it was not my tiny lovely 99.1 config change ultra mini mod :)

Good to hear Mister Who,

Let us know if it looks permanently fixed. BTW I also have an ATI card, so maybe there's something that the card or driver doesn't like about those pens. Could be an ATI CCC setting too that causes the CTD with the pens installed but I've been too lazy to check.

Edit:
Take it easy on tater bro, the guy's got 7k+ posts and is one of the most respected Subsim members, he was just trying to help :-)

themrwho
09-10-10, 04:47 PM
Good to hear Mister Who,

Let us know if it looks permanently fixed. BTW I also have an ATI card, so maybe there's something that the card or driver doesn't like about those pens. Could be an ATI CCC setting too that causes the CTD with the pens installed but I've been too lazy to check.

Yeah could be ATI CCC advanced options but I will not troubleshoot too if it works, I'm more than happy to disable 2 files (pens).

Sure, after more tests I will post an update here to let others now if the fix is permanent.

Edit:
Take it easy on tater bro, the guy's got 7k+ posts and is one of the most respected Subsim members, he was just trying to help :-)

Well I tried to be polite and thanked him twice, but I don't like to be RTFM'd when I have invested more than 6 hours to read the document set...

@tater,
Anyway, if my previous post seemed harsh, apologies.

PS: Yours truly now has 32 posts... Top poster contact spotted, bearing 180, closing fast :D ETA 3 years though!

themrwho
09-10-10, 05:10 PM
If anyone's interested, I've made an "Early Type XXI" mod that's workable with Lurker's Operation Monsun mod. This is my first mod & my first attempt at uploading a file for other people to use, so any advice would be gratefully received.

The file can be found here:
http://www.filefront.com/17279490/Early XXI OM.zip

Thanks for sharing...

(link needs a small edit)

CCIP
09-10-10, 05:54 PM
Good to hear you got it fixed! Just safe to always double-check starting with the last and least common mod :)

I still recommend getting RSRDC out of the equation just for safety, since you won't need it while playing the OM campaigns anyway, but other than that sounds like you're set.

Forensicman101
09-12-10, 01:27 PM
For those who are interested, I've produced a MS Word document listing all the merchant ships in OM version 720 & giving their tonnage & draft. I find this handy for (a) torpedo depth settings & (b) choosing which target to go for in a convoy.

(link below)

http://www.filefront.com/17284863/OM v720 Merchant List.zip

BULL
09-17-10, 10:10 AM
I am playing my first OM career in a Type IIB out of Kiel in Sept 39 and all was going great until the last time I surfaced.... my crew doesn't come to the bridge.... and CO2 continues to build. I can go to the bridge and use the UZO.... the diesels are running and charging the batteries but my crew is sufficating below in CO2. I have tried several submerge and resurface but can't get the air level back up.... the CO2 warning stays and I think my crew has fallen asleep below......:zzz:

Any ideas if I can fix this or do I need to end this career???

BULL
09-17-10, 10:15 AM
:damn:

Honestly I did a search on CO2 in this thread and the search engine came back empty.....

Anyway.. I just found some posts while browsing this thread that talk about this bug in the stock game ... I will try exiting to main menu and loading the game back in to save the crew! Sorry for the redundant post!

BULL
09-17-10, 10:18 AM
Thanks to all that created this awesome mod to SH4 - It saved me from buying SH5 with all it's DRM that I HATE!

Bravo to the mod team!

:yeah:

Forensicman101
09-18-10, 06:31 AM
A suggestion for the next version of OM: remove neutral ships from Allied convoys & replace them with Allied-flagged ships. Any such ship was open to attack by U-boats - something that neutral countries had been warned about. Therefore, players should not be penalised for sinking a neutral ship in an Allied convoy.

Sailor Steve
09-18-10, 09:24 AM
A suggestion for the next version of OM: remove neutral ships from Allied convoys & replace them with Allied-flagged ships. Any such ship was open to attack by U-boats - something that neutral countries had been warned about. Therefore, players should not be penalised for sinking a neutral ship in an Allied convoy.
In OM there are no neutral ships. Ships with neutral flags count for positive renown. It's up to the player to make the decision.

MGR1
09-18-10, 04:37 PM
As Sailor Steve wrote: No neutrals.

A long standing in-game bug means ships set to neutral don't behave in the same way as in SH3, IIRC, they don't react to you when you sink some of their ships.:down:

Lurker and the Battle for the Baltic guys had to set the nominally neutral countries to hostile to get them to attack you if you attack them.

Something along those lines anyways....:hmmm:

Mike.

captaindnnis
09-21-10, 10:21 AM
Ahoy,,
is OpsMonus only working @ 1.5 ??or also other version's?
because i dont have 1.5

Sailor Steve
09-21-10, 10:57 AM
Ahoy,,
is OpsMonus only working @ 1.5 ??or also other version's?
because i dont have 1.5
It's 1.5 that adds u-boats into the game. Without u-boats there is no Op Monsun. So it only works with 1.5.

Sorry.

rubenandthejets
09-22-10, 08:05 AM
First I'd just like to say this mod is really doing it for me! I've been splashing about for a couple of weeks now, and I've managed to survive until July 1940 with a more than 200K in Davy Jones Locker-bounced a couple torps off the Glorious off Norway to boot.

I've got a quick question about the modelling of a: the Battle of Britain and b: the cruiser patrols aimed at intercepting the German surface raiders in the Iceland / Faroes / N. Scotland areas in the latest version.

Apart from the oportunities for eye candy such as waves of bombers on their way to Hornchurch et al, I was thinking about the effect of swarms of Me109s on Cosatal Command's pesky planes and the same swarms making it easier for Unkle Karl's Dorniers surviving longer. Sorry, although I greatly appreciate the work of modders I'm a clown who has trouble accessing the code and working this stuff out for myself. I've seen a bit of Kanalkampf, with some Ju88s fighting over my merchant, and the spotter planes seem to be surviving a bit longer now its July 1940. Are these examples just the product of my wishful thinking?

I've also been trawling off the NW of Scotland, looking for the RN cruisers and destroyers on patrol to intercept or at least spot the the Kreigmarine's surface units sallying out. As I recall a slab of cruisers were constantly searching and being a renown pig I was looking to pop a few off.

Have these factors been considered? Just wondering.....

One other thing I've noticed is the Swedish ships are classed as enemy ships. I've read the info about how neutrals have been reclassified but it seems a little strange for me to be getting full points and even medals for sinking Swedish iron ore cargos destined for Krupp factories in the Ruhr. I also noticed that other nations that were trading with the Reich such as Spain have their harbours full of green ships-maybe Swedish flagged ships could be reclassified in the same way. It will give me an incentive to get out of the Baltic chokepoints and into the Western Approaches :D

Thanks in advance and keep the updates coming!

an
09-23-10, 06:39 AM
As add people for control of damage in order to it was more but two (two) not only if (or) three.

keltos01
09-24-10, 02:53 AM
does anyone know how we get offered a new sub ?

If I start in a Typ IXD2 will I get offered a Typ XVIII in due course ?

if so how ?

Lurker you can reply by pm if you like

regards

keltos

themrwho
09-30-10, 04:04 AM
does anyone know how we get offered a new sub ?

Lurker replied before in this thread (here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1360485&postcount=2424)), it works silently in the background somehow.

Further details of this new sub offering mechanism are yet to be announced by Lurker (possibly one day...)

EDIT: and I think Lurker is kinda away from this forums so don't expect a PM anytime soon. sorry

Capt. Morgan
10-01-10, 01:57 PM
Probably too much to hope for, but the first post in this thread states that due to recent changes in these mods, OM is not compatable with TMO 1.9 or RFB 2.0. Does that mean it is compatable with earlier versions of these two mods?

Is anyone running OM with either TMO 1.7 or RFB 1.52?

Rameses
10-01-10, 06:20 PM
I'm having problems wneh try loading XXI(USING MODE EARLY XXI TYPE) I START MARCH 1942) type save.... makes CTD(crash to desktop) without even starting load.... all saves with other subs loading fine =_=

Sledgehammer427
10-01-10, 10:20 PM
Capt.Morgan, Operation Monsun is built to run without TMO or RFB.
I suggest you build a separate install and run OM by itself for best results.

Ramses, if you could explain your problem in more detail, your mods setup, perhaps I could help

Capt. Morgan
10-01-10, 11:45 PM
Thanks Sledgehammer427:salute:, I think I've got just enough room for one more SH install.

an
10-02-10, 03:33 AM
Firstly, I greet problem mums patrol when it records (write down) game and game wants to upload me throw out for console she (it) again.

Oby
10-18-10, 05:22 PM
I hope the author of this mod is still around and will help.

I found two bugs which are very annoying and don't know how to solve them:

1.Campaign Deployment to Bergen February 1942 - when I came about 20 km near port,suddenly my my sub(VIIC type) is getting damage and it's stucked in the middle of port installations and houses.I thought that 3D model for Bergen doesn't spawn in the right coordinates,so I looked in Campaign_LOC.mis file and in Patrol Objectives file - DP_Norway-1.mis and it seems that coordinates are OK.When I load mission in SH Mission Editor it also seems everything is OK.

The Deployment to Norway campaign for other two ports(Trondheim,Narvik)works fine.

2.Whenever I try to load my saved single mission or war patrol(no matter which) it CTD.Campaign saves work as they should-no problems with them.

Any solutions or fixes?:salute:

etheberge
10-23-10, 01:13 AM
I hope the author of this mod is still around and will help.

Sadly, that's doubtful. I've read in another post somewhere on the forum that Lurker gave up modding, hopefully he'll change his mind and come back eventually.

I found two bugs which are very annoying and don't know how to solve them:

1.Campaign Deployment to Bergen February 1942 - when I came about 20 km near port,suddenly my my sub(VIIC type) is getting damage and it's stucked in the middle of port installations and houses.I thought that 3D model for Bergen doesn't spawn in the right coordinates,so I looked in Campaign_LOC.mis file and in Patrol Objectives file - DP_Norway-1.mis and it seems that coordinates are OK.When I load mission in SH Mission Editor it also seems everything is OK.

The Deployment to Norway campaign for other two ports(Trondheim,Narvik)works fine.
Sorry no idea, never been to Bergen.

2.Whenever I try to load my saved single mission or war patrol(no matter which) it CTD.Campaign saves work as they should-no problems with them.
This may not be your problem at all but some SH4 users in general (not just of this mod) have had trouble loading save games if the shortcut they use to load the game points to gu.exe instead of sh4.exe. It's worth a look.

Dignan
10-25-10, 03:29 PM
I know Lurker doesn't frequent these forums anymore but I have an installation question.

Can I just download the 3 files needed to run OM for uboat missions and consolidate them in the proper order?

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5

In other words, can I "fold" OM v720 on top of v705 files and then lay Patch 5 on top of that? Just trying to clean up my jgsme window and make things simpler. Thanks in advance.

Sledgehammer427
10-25-10, 05:13 PM
If memory serves me right every subsequent release of OM has everything from the previous versions in it as well, you shouldn't need V705.

JREX53
10-25-10, 09:42 PM
From the First Post:

OPTION 1

If you wish to play Uboat operations

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5

If you wish to play Uboat operations “ONLY” and use OMEGU

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

If you wish to play Uboat operations “ONLY” and use OMEGU plus optional OMEGU mods:

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

Lurker has always included the install oreder with any of his mods.

Jim

Dignan
10-26-10, 06:34 AM
From the First Post:

OPTION 1

If you wish to play Uboat operations

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5

If you wish to play Uboat operations “ONLY” and use OMEGU

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

Lurker has always included the install oreder with any of his mods.

Jim

Thanks. I was aware of this and did follow this order. Mod workds great.

My question, which I found the answer to, was wether I could consolidate the different versions and patches into one mod file. The answer, if anyone is wondering, is yes. I just like to keep my mod folder as neat as possible.

Dignan
10-27-10, 07:07 PM
So I am liking what this mod has to offer. Great work.

One question though...is it normal for the game to take like 3 or 4 minutes to load up with this mod? When I start the game I have a black screen for about 3 minutes and then the Op Monsun title screen for about another minute or two. Is this normal?

Wilcke
10-28-10, 10:58 AM
So I am liking what this mod has to offer. Great work.

One question though...is it normal for the game to take like 3 or 4 minutes to load up with this mod? When I start the game I have a black screen for about 3 minutes and then the Op Monsun title screen for about another minute or two. Is this normal?

Without knowing your PC's abilities its hard to say? My old AMD Dual Core did take a bit, the new AMD Quad 955 takes about a third of your posted time to load. But yes there is a bit of a load time involved.

Dignan
10-28-10, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the response. Got another question, or bug report rather.

I just started a new campaign in OM in a Type 7, I think. It's 1940. When I click on the sonar button to take control of the sonar station all I see is black. I can hear it and I can click on the screen to turn the head to scan but can't see anything. Is this a stock bug or an OM bug?

EDIT: Experiencing another bug. In my Type 7 (1940) I have no ammunition in my deck gun? I think i upgraded to the better deckgun in port before I departed. Could this have caused it?

Wilcke
10-29-10, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the response. Got another question, or bug report rather.

I just started a new campaign in OM in a Type 7, I think. It's 1940. When I click on the sonar button to take control of the sonar station all I see is black. I can hear it and I can click on the screen to turn the head to scan but can't see anything. Is this a stock bug or an OM bug?

EDIT: Experiencing another bug. In my Type 7 (1940) I have no ammunition in my deck gun? I think i upgraded to the better deckgun in port before I departed. Could this have caused it?

Need more info;

Mod List
Month/Year
Flotilla
Type Boat
Port

To load ammo for the DG, clikky the shell a couple of times to load. The uncontrollable sonar station could be a hosed install, but again need more info.

Dignan
10-30-10, 09:40 PM
Wilcke,

Thanks for the response. I figured out both problems The black screen on the sonar station was because I was using a camera.dat file from TMO1.9. Replaced it back with OM one and it fixed it. The deckgun just wasn't loaded, as you pointed out.

Got a gameplay question now. Do AI merchants have eagle eyes in OM? I am getting detected almost every time by merchants about 10 seconds before I fire. This is enough time for them to take evasive action and throw off the solution. It seems a bit ridiculous. Some of these detections have been at dawn when they really shouldn't have the ability to see me.

I'm running OM (without OMEGA), 1940, in a type 7 out of Kiel. I'm usually between 500 and 1300 meters distance from target track. I'm not overexposing my periscope either because I'm using constant bearing method. I don't raise it until the ship is almost at the firing line in my scope but when I do they detect and evade almost every time. Seems like this is excessive. Anyone else have this issue?

Captain Deckwash
10-31-10, 10:15 AM
Say I am having a prob trying to go from 705 to 720???? The mod mover keeps throwing up all the mess I will cause if I install the 705 to 720??????

Any help anyone? :arrgh!:

Dignan
10-31-10, 11:48 AM
Say I am having a prob trying to go from 705 to 720???? The mod mover keeps throwing up all the mess I will cause if I install the 705 to 720??????

Any help anyone? :arrgh!:

I believe it's just showing you what files you will be replacing with the new version. It shouldn't mess anything up. Mod manager just makes it easy to see which mods are altering which files.

Wilcke
10-31-10, 12:07 PM
Wilcke,

Thanks for the response. I figured out both problems The black screen on the sonar station was because I was using a camera.dat file from TMO1.9. Replaced it back with OM one and it fixed it. The deckgun just wasn't loaded, as you pointed out.

Got a gameplay question now. Do AI merchants have eagle eyes in OM? I am getting detected almost every time by merchants about 10 seconds before I fire. This is enough time for them to take evasive action and throw off the solution. It seems a bit ridiculous. Some of these detections have been at dawn when they really shouldn't have the ability to see me.

I'm running OM (without OMEGA), 1940, in a type 7 out of Kiel. I'm usually between 500 and 1300 meters distance from target track. I'm not overexposing my periscope either because I'm using constant bearing method. I don't raise it until the ship is almost at the firing line in my scope but when I do they detect and evade almost every time. Seems like this is excessive. Anyone else have this issue?

Weather and sea state have a lot to do with this. If the sea is flat, no fog then yes they could spot you at that range. I cannot recall dawn or dusk factors in the AI_Sensor. Lurker is not around to clarify.

Dignan
11-01-10, 10:42 AM
Thanks again for the help. Got a new problem. Not sure if it's OM related but I'm getting crashes when in the vicinity of fire (i.e. a burning ship that I just torpedoed.)

Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when viewing the ship burning, I get a CTD.

At first this was with OM + OMEGA environment. Then I ran just OM and added Real Environments 5 over the top of OM which seemed to work well but I'm still getting these CTDs. It doesn't appear to happen with just OM so I'm thinking its something to do with the OMEGA and/or RE mods. Any thoughts?

Wilcke
11-01-10, 10:59 AM
Thanks again for the help. Got a new problem. Not sure if it's OM related but I'm getting crashes when in the vicinity of fire (i.e. a burning ship that I just torpedoed.)

Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when viewing the ship burning, I get a CTD.

At first this was with OM + OMEGA environment. Then I ran just OM and added Real Environments 5 over the top of OM which seemed to work well but I'm still getting these CTDs. It doesn't appear to happen with just OM so I'm thinking its something to do with the OMEGA and/or RE mods. Any thoughts?

RE5 over the top of OM will hose the sensors and lot more. Just say no to adding to OM or OMEGU. Its tempting but not needed.

CTD, on viewing a burning ship I have never had happen. Suspect, hosed install barring any hardware issues with PC.

Forensicman101
11-01-10, 11:11 AM
I have now added all Allied warships to my summary table of ship tonnage & draft values for Operation Monsun v720.

Also, for those who have downloaded my Early Type XXI mod, I've produced a version that is compatable with the OMEGU mods that modify keystroke commands.

link:

http://www.filefront.com/user/forensicman

Dignan
11-01-10, 11:19 AM
RE5 over the top of OM will hose the sensors and lot more. Just say no to adding to OM or OMEGU. Its tempting but not needed.

CTD, on viewing a burning ship I have never had happen. Suspect, hosed install barring any hardware issues with PC.

Alright, I'll remove RE and play stock environment for a while to see if it still happens. Thanks.

Forensicman101
11-02-10, 03:41 AM
Version 2 of my SH4 Commander (paper & dice edition) is now Operation Monsun compatable. All you need to do is print off the document, get hold of a pair of six sided dice and a pen & follow the instructions. OK, it's not a computer program, but I can give a 100% guarantee that it won't cause your cmputer to crash.

http://www.filefront.com/user/forensicman

Dignan
11-04-10, 06:15 AM
Loving this mod. Got yet another question though. I'm not seeing any visible damage on ships I'm hitting with torps. Is this a side effect of OM?

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that I haven't sunk any "stock" ships yet. They all appear to have been ships added to the OM mod.

Wilcke
11-04-10, 01:45 PM
Loving this mod. Got yet another question though. I'm not seeing any visible damage on ships I'm hitting with torps. Is this a side effect of OM?

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that I haven't sunk any "stock" ships yet. They all appear to have been ships added to the OM mod.

The stock ships will show damage the added ships most likely will not due to their origin and the work needed to add the damage. That is what I vaguely remember as to the reason. The added shipping does sink and burn well.

Dignan
11-04-10, 06:45 PM
Thanks Wilcke. That's what I figured but just wanted to be sure. They definitely still sink;)

fitzcarraldo
11-05-10, 06:05 PM
Now I´m trying OM, with all the stuff (patches, OMEGU, etc.). All OK, but I have some drop of FPS in periscope views (to 17-18 fps in high seas without others objects in view... I launch patrols from the pens and the FPS are good for me-34-40 FPS...). Is there some way to reput the stock interface of SH4 1.5 or change only the interface of the periscopes in OM (return to TDC on attack map, and periscope view of the stock). Seems the TDC on the periscope views is my problem (when slide out the TDC dials, FPS up to 40-45, my normal in OM).

I like to make a complete campaign in Om and compare it with SH3...

Many thanks! :up:

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

MaddogK
11-12-10, 10:41 AM
The more I play OM, the more I like it. I have only the minimums installed (om 705, 705-720, 720 patch 5, om plot 415) and have no issues with performance.
:up:
Nice job Lurker.

fitzcarraldo
11-12-10, 12:30 PM
The more I play OM, the more I like it. I have only the minimums installed (om 705, 705-720, 720 patch 5, om plot 415) and have no issues with performance.
:up:
Nice job Lurker.

Seems the OMEGU environment is the "overcharge".

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

SurfnSea
11-13-10, 03:50 AM
Trying OM for the first time. It does not load when I try to start the game. I get the following message: File not Found: data/menu/gui/layout/radio_messages.dds

I was running TMO but took those out and have the following loaded in order:
om 705
0m 705-720
om 720 patch5
in the Generic Mod Enabler

Anyone have the solution to this?
My SH4 install is to the 1.5 U-Boat missions version.

Wilcke
11-13-10, 03:14 PM
Trying OM for the first time. It does not load when I try to start the game. I get the following message: File not Found: data/menu/gui/layout/radio_messages.dds

I was running TMO but took those out and have the following loaded in order:
om 705
0m 705-720
om 720 patch5
in the Generic Mod Enabler

Anyone have the solution to this?
My SH4 install is to the 1.5 U-Boat missions version.

Consider a hosed install, there might be remnants of TMO that JSGME left behind or failed to relocate? Thats a tough one. Maybe others have a better solution than a re-install.

MaddogK
11-13-10, 04:44 PM
Ya might try searching your HD for the missing file, it may have been uninstalled by JSGME when it removed some other mods, it doesn't appear to be an included file in any OM mod. If you find it perhaps manually putting the file in the correct location will save you from reinstalling SHIV.

SurfnSea
11-14-10, 12:17 PM
I tried finding the file but could not. Even tried a few other things. Finally, I just did a reinstall and got it to work. I appreciate the suggestions.

MaddogK
11-14-10, 12:54 PM
Nice. I keep an unaltered copy of my DATA dir just in case a mod hoses it. It also comes in handy when I have to rework someones mod to suit my needs.

SurfnSea
11-14-10, 09:05 PM
Good idea Maddog. I'll copy the Dir to my external drive just in case.

MaddogK
11-15-10, 12:39 AM
Here's an odd one, just spotted a small merchant (M-KF-M)(E) flying a Norwegian flag but loaded with Japanese tanks apparently coming out of Oslo 22DEC39. That doesn't sound right on many levels, but I got the kill, and no reprimand (firing squad) for killing a friendly.

Weird.

Forensicman101
11-21-10, 07:45 AM
Does anyone have any idea how to edit search aircraft behaviour in OM? My Type VIIb has just returned from a 3-week patrol & I noticed two odd things:
1) Although I sent a total of fifty two luftwaffe search aircraft out, none of them managed to survive long enough to return to their base. For some reason, whenever one of my planes got too close (i.e. within about 10nm) of a ship it got zapped & the "Search Airplane Lost" message popped up.
2) Although it is early 1941 my aircraft seem to have amazing detection abilities, spotting ships from many miles away even in bad weather.

Any suggestions as to how I could edit things to make my aircraft more robust but less capable of spotting ships?

Tonga
11-21-10, 03:02 PM
Hey everyone,

having got back to SH3 and SH4 after quite a long "pause" I've updated my OM mod packages to the current versions.
However I do wonder if there are any additional mods that are compatible with OM and which you would perhaps recommend to use - for example something like better harbours etc. Compared to SH3 with GWX, SH4 looks a bit lifeless to me.

This is what I'm running with so far:

DBSM_SH4
DBSM_SH4_Speech_Fix
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
AS_for_OMv103
OM_Harder_Escort_L1

Regards from Kiel!

ShadowWolf Kell
11-25-10, 12:40 AM
There's a bit of leeway when it comes to sound mods but that's about it. Lurker did an amazing job putting OM + OMEGU together. The downside is that there is little margin for error when you try out mods. Even sound mods can cause CTDs (radio mods especially for some odd reason.)

Here's my mod order. It's a bit out of date as far as the patches go but that's easily fixed.

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch2 (need to update)
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch5A (need to update)
KiUB_English
RUIM_v1.0_for_SH4v1.5 <--- I deleted everything except the cap textures. If you try to use anything more than the textures, it'll fubar your sub's turm and basically make it irrecoverable unless you know how to fix it.
DBSM_SH4
DBSM_SH4_Speech_Fix
Paulsen_Soundmod_V2.0
OM_Personal_Fixes <--- Just my modified command file and removal of seaweed in the impurity.dds file.
Rel_SH4_BBC_1939_to_1945
Rel_SH4_Trans_Atlantic_Radio

I've been putting TMO 2.0 through it's paces, but I'm itching to get back into my VIIC. Since the SH5 mod is going to be awhile.... time for OM. :yeah:

A general rule of thumb that'll keep your OM install running well.

Load OM first and keep it's sub-mods loaded behind it and before OMEGU. OMEGU loads after OM, and you keep the submods organized behind it similar to OM. After that, install what you want. Be very careful on things that overwrite files in OM or OMEGU. Some things aren't a big deal. Others can cause all sorts of major problems.

Tonga
11-25-10, 07:39 PM
Thank you very much for your answer! As it seems I shouldn't be to itchy about additional mods then, or at least veeeery careful with it. However I'll have a look at Paulsen's Soundmod and the last two on your list. :)

Since you mention TMO - that's something I've also wanted to try. It might sound odd, but I am somehow addicted to atlantic scenarios (easy to guess why I use OM *g*). I remember having had an older version of TMO quite a long time ago and it really pushed my system to its limits - at least I had some rather annoying fps drops which I am not experiencing with OM.
Would it be worth a try though?

Sorry to drift a bit off topic there, I'd also be happy about an answer via PM if you have the time and like to do so.

Cheers,
Hess

ShadowWolf Kell
11-26-10, 04:19 PM
Hess, if you can run OM (especially with OMEGU), you should have no problems running TMO.

OM even without OMEGU gets resource intensive with the massive size of it's convoys. You won't run into anything like that in TMO unless you actually go to one of the major battles with RSRD installed.

There are a few places in TMO that are very well developed (Pearl Harbor, Truk Atoll, etc) but I've never really had a problem with these places and you don't even have to start in port at Pearl.

OM's ports can be pretty heavy on resources (I think they were ported from SH3) so in general OM will be more resource intensive than TMO or RFB.

Tonga
11-26-10, 04:48 PM
Kell,
thank you very much, that is quite some great news for me! OM runs on my laptop with an average of 25-30 fps on semi to high details which I think is quite okay for the amount of detail.

You saved my evening (10:49 pm), nothing to do here and no ambition to hit the bunk already. Time for a second installation of SH4... hrhr... :cool:

MaddogK
11-29-10, 04:31 PM
Has anyone noticed the lack of lifeboats in OM ? I'm into my 4th patrol and I don't recall seeing a lifeboat from any of the 30+ ships I've sank since I started my career.

...Maybe the battery fumes in my VIIB has made me nutz.

Forensicman101
11-30-10, 05:56 AM
Lifeboats do pop up occasionally in OM. I know, because after sinking a Flower class corvette I sent my last torpedo off against a nearby merchant ship. It hit a lifeboat on its way (presumably from the corvette), blowing it to bits.

lxpt
12-03-10, 01:03 PM
can someone please help me?
i bought sh4 with the uboat pack only because om mod unfortanely some strange bugs occurs and i cant find a solution anywhere.
-when i assigned crew to the deck gun or flak gun they dont appear but still fire, strange, in stock works fine.
-when i start a new u boat campaign in Kiel several tankers are complete white.(i think Kiel is not the only place where this occurs)
- omegu mod talks about german language on u boats , i cant find this one.
sorry for my bad english it is not my native language.
thx.

MaddogK
12-03-10, 04:23 PM
lxpt: Sounds like a missing texture folder. What order are your mods installed and do you have the patch installed ?