PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3

stabiz
03-14-08, 11:17 PM
Qual just finished in melbourne, and wow ...

This year is going to be a good one, lads.:rock:(Trying not to spoil anything for those who have yet to see the qualifying session, but my favourite is P2!)

antikristuseke
03-15-08, 06:32 AM
Indeed, with Kubica taking second in qualifying it looks like BMW might have an actual say in this years chamipnship instead of it being decided between Ferrari and Mclaren

STEED
03-15-08, 07:28 AM
Qual just finished in melbourne, and wow ...

This year is going to be a good one, lads.:rock:(Trying not to spoil anything for those who have yet to see the qualifying session, but my favourite is P2!)

I shall be watching the re-run soon today and the re-run of the race tomorrow. Too early for me here to watch it live, 3:30AM no thanks I need my sleep. :lol:

Jimbuna
03-15-08, 09:02 AM
We could witness a cameo appearance from TarJak http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img144/2472/angrydriveral3.gif ...I'll let him explain http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img412/4774/thumbsuplargeon1.gif

Happy Times
03-15-08, 11:28 AM
Kovalainen got a good grid:rock: Im very happy as ive followed his career for years now, i respect Räikkönen but i prefer Kovalainen.:up: Im watching the GP online, works fine.:up:

Dowly
03-15-08, 11:34 AM
Going to be very interesting season. :up: Cant wait for the race!!

bert8for3
03-15-08, 01:03 PM
Looks like BMW has been doing some sandbagging. Nice to see Kubica in P2 :rock: . Nice also to see the cars twitching around with traction control ditched. Finally behaving like race cars again :up: . The pecking order is all mixed up now; hard to tell yet if it's totally unpredictable or if there's a relative predictability but which can't be seen yet. But the signs are it should be a highly competitive season, with the gap between the front-runners and the "best of the rest" having narrowed. I love that Melbourne track btw; one of the best tracks imho. I fervently hope that Bernie E's (:down: )machinations don't end up with Melbourne being pulled. Finally, poor old Webber, feel sorry for him; he just can't get a break ever on his home track.

STEED
03-15-08, 02:50 PM
Qualifying was so boring I turned off for a snooze. :zzz:

I'm not watching anymore of that crap. :hulk:

I just hope the races are better. :yep:

Graf Paper
03-15-08, 03:33 PM
Auto racing generally bores me. It's all about who can drive in a circle the fastest or stomps the gas first to hold on for dear life while some beast of an engine with wheels takes them for a ride down a 1.25 mile strip.

What we need is a sponsored sniper who will, every ten minutes, randomly pick a car to shoot out one of its tires. I might be able to show more interest then.:arrgh!:

"Our exciting shooter this week is ex-Army sniper Lt. Jackie Moff, a West Point grad and father of four who enjoys family cookouts and the smooth taste of Bud Light™. Less filling and tastes great!™"

That being said, there's nothing wrong with auto racing if you love it. Heck, I still watch cartoons so I can't criticise anyone's television habits. :p

I did used to love watching cross-country races from time to time, but the roadways are too busy these days to shut down a few hundred miles for a weekend race. You also can't crowd people into stands and hawk over-priced drinks, food, and merchandise to them at cross-country events.

"Oops! Looks like number 12, driven by Hugh Phardette, is the first to receive the attentions of Lt. Moff!"
"You got that right, Ted. It seems our sniper struck before the ten-minute limit due to a race judge's ruling that the spectators were getting too restless so it was time to shake up those complacent drivers! Let's look at that again with the instant-replay on our sniper-cam!""
"Shook up is the right word, Bob. Look at those cars pile up in turn three! The audience is going wild! Yelling and screaming can work up a thirst, though. Good thing the raceway concessions have plenty of Bud Light™ on hand! Less filling and tastes great!™"

antikristuseke
03-15-08, 04:41 PM
Auto racing generally bores me. It's all about who can drive in a circle the fastest or stomps the gas first to hold on for dear life while some beast of an engine with wheels takes them for a ride down a 1.25 mile strip.

What we need is a sponsored sniper who will, every ten minutes, randomly pick a car to shoot out one of its tires. I might be able to show more interest then.:arrgh!:

"Our exciting shooter this week is ex-Army sniper Lt. Jackie Moff, a West Point grad and father of four who enjoys family cookouts and the smooth taste of Bud Light™. Less filling and tastes great!™"

That being said, there's nothing wrong with auto racing if you love it. Heck, I still watch cartoons so I can't criticise anyone's television habits. :p

I did used to love watching cross-country races from time to time, but the roadways are too busy these days to shut down a few hundred miles for a weekend race. You also can't crowd people into stands and hawk over-priced drinks, food, and merchandise to them at cross-country events.

"Oops! Looks like number 12, driven by Hugh Phardette, is the first to receive the attentions of Lt. Moff!"
"You got that right, Ted. It seems our sniper struck before the ten-minute limit due to a race judge's ruling that the spectators were getting too restless so it was time to shake up those complacent drivers! Let's look at that again with the instant-replay on our sniper-cam!""
"Shook up is the right word, Bob. Look at those cars pile up in turn three! The audience is going wild! Yelling and screaming can work up a thirst, though. Good thing the raceway concessions have plenty of Bud Light™ on hand! Less filling and tastes great!™"

First F1 cars do not run on ovals and second drag racing usualy takes place over a 1/4 mile or 0.25 not 1.25

stabiz
03-15-08, 05:12 PM

First F1 cars do not run on ovals and second drag racing usualy takes place over a 1/4 mile or 0.25 not 1.25

And why mess up a clean and cosy thread if one doesnt like racing? I dont read (or respond to) threads about laundry or midget throwing, but I guess thats personal preference.

Qualifying was not boring, Steed.:doh:

Platapus
03-15-08, 05:18 PM
I agree that oval track racing is not my bag. But there is no way you can compare F1 racing with oval track.

F1 is in no way "push hard and steer left". In F1 the exciting parts are when the drivers are "racing" at 30-40 MPH around sharp corners and then accelerating to warp speed in the straights. And then in a micro second going back to 30 MPH :up:

Tex
03-15-08, 05:28 PM
Hey guys, for those interested we play an F1 game on my forum and the winners get f1 related prizes! Check it out here:

http://www.f1racerforums.com/cmps_index.php?page=f1game

:up:

XabbaRus
03-15-08, 06:36 PM
Looks like it will be an interesting season.
I can just see the Ferrari at the back of teh grid blasting to near the front, that will be something to watch. I also have a feeling that there could be a few wipeouts on the first corner.

bert8for3
03-15-08, 07:00 PM
Qual was exciting. Q2 seems to be more intense now.

There's never going to be a perfect qual format, but they seem to have it as right as possible now. Shortening Q3 made sense, 'cause the first ten minutes before was just about burning fuel. It does mean that the big action happens in the closing minutes of the sessions, and what suffers is that the cameras can't possibly follow enough cars at the same time when they're all on a final lap to pip the spot. The second reason imho it suffers a bit is that you don't know the fuel loads in Q3, so you don't know for sure, e.g. Kubica today, if someone has made a good time because they're fueled light. I think they should have to decide and publicize their fuel loads beforehand. Everybody would have to release their fuel info at the same time.

Still, the qual format is probably better than any they had before. The old single runner and single hot lap format stunk. The old old everyone has an hour and you can go out and qualify whenever you want was ok, but it sure didn't have the intensity.

I agree ... it will be interesting to see if the Ferraris, in particular Kimi, can work their way up. One wonders if they are going to have reliability issues this year.

This is a great thread. Let's keep it going during the season. I'm a big F1 fan and stuck with it through the years when it was dull as dishwater.

antikristuseke
03-15-08, 10:56 PM
That start of the first race of the season is not far of, time for me to take my place in front of the box and cheer on my favorite driver, who happens to be Mr. Robert Kubica.
Good thing that the race is broadcast live here so I can watch it start at 6:30am without having slept, with comentary by two estonain idiots who know nothing of motorsports at all because the guys who have done comentary for the past several years had to be replaced for some reason. I like comentators who seem to be too slow to follow all the action at seniors bingo night :)

After race edit: Coulthard, who ironicaly criticised young drivers before the season for not being careful on the track, puls a manouver befiting Ide by raming Massa early in the race puting himself out of the race directly with Massa coming to a stop not too much later. God damnet c**nt Nakajima rear ending Kubica on lap 47 and taking him out of the race. Tough luck for Räikonen this entire weekend. Bourdais Put on a strong performance and allso had bad luck, only 2 laps before the finish his engine gave up the ghost, but a really strong performance non the less. Congradulations to the podium finishers, Hamilton first, Heidfeld second and Rosberg third. All in all was an exiting race but id like to take a baseball bat to Nakajimas face.

Happy Times
03-16-08, 01:09 AM
Fecking safety car took the podium place from Kovalainen. Im really pissed..:nope:

Dowly
03-16-08, 01:11 AM
What a race. :D More drama and mishaps than in the whole season of 2007. ;)

Tex
03-16-08, 02:31 AM
Great race! Lots of excitment and shocking moments. :D

XabbaRus
03-16-08, 03:40 AM
Gee thanks for telling me the result :roll:
too ill to stay up till 3 in the morning to watch so was going to wait till the afternoon. Grr.....

anyway anywhere online I can grab the race video now? I know it is proably not kosher but I can't be bothered waiting till 3pm.

bert8for3
03-16-08, 08:03 AM
Thought it was kind of disappointing myself ... as a race. With half the field out by mid-race and well over half out with 18 laps to go. But some interesting stuff going on all right. Too bad Kimi overcooked it during that overtaking attempt, he would have been challenging Lewis. Quite a lot of reliability issues ... the Hondas have pretty good pace ... Alonso picked up some points, but only because of attrition ... Poor old Webber again, just no luck at all at Melbourne.

Jimbuna
03-16-08, 09:26 AM
More entertainment than the WWF....I wonder just how much of it is stage managed http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7975/gigglebigtb9fg3.gif

Dowly
03-16-08, 10:00 AM
Gee thanks for telling me the result :roll:

You should know better to not read a thread about F1, when the race is over. ;)

stabiz
03-16-08, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I have been avoiding internet all day, since I fell asleep waiting for the race last night.

great race!

XabbaRus
03-19-08, 03:36 PM
OK, can we get this thread stickied?

BBC 5 day forecast shows that it is raining in Sepang and 32 degrees. This is going to be one fun weekend. Could get some surprises in qualifying and the race.

Assuming Jenson doesn't get shunted I could see him doing pretty well. I don't know what Honda did between testing and Australia but that Honda isn't that slow. Hell Rubens kept Kimi behind him for 19 laps.

stabiz
03-19-08, 07:41 PM
Renault might be fast here, since they are having problems getting heat in the tyres on more "normal" tracks.

And Vettel is having the time of his life, hehe. BMW, McLaren and Ferrari are all after his signature now that Toro Rosso is for sale.

XabbaRus
03-20-08, 11:18 AM
Toro Rosso for sale?

Jimbuna
03-20-08, 11:29 AM
Shouldn't imagine there'll be much interest in him :hmm:

bert8for3
03-20-08, 12:48 PM
I see BBC's picked up (and regained) coverage rights as of 2009, knocking ITV off its 12-year hold on F1.

I hope BBC ramps up its internet coverage to match. The ITV site provides good coverage, not to mention its all-important pit babes section.

XabbaRus
03-20-08, 05:05 PM
Anyway predictions for Sepang?

1 Hamilton
2 Raikonnen
3 Kovaleinen
4 Button
5 Rosberg
6 Alsonso

bert8for3
03-20-08, 06:11 PM
Wow, we're stickied, cool!

I'm going to say:
1. Raikkonen. Ferrari will show its stuff.
2. Hamilton. Just a couple of seconds behind.
3. Heidfeld. BMW shows its stuff.
4. Kubica. Everyone is stunned to see BMW 3/4, but it's been in the cards.
5. Bourdais. A big surprise, but then again he tore up Champ Car and is no slouch.
6. Massa.
7. Kovalainen.
8. Williams 1, not sure which
9. Red Bull 1 ditto
Haven't thought beyond that.

Gotta start figuring out when qual/race are on here. Getting out the sextant, stopwatch, slide rule and a few beers. Ought to be able to figure it out by tomorrow evening.

antikristuseke
03-20-08, 10:17 PM
Looking at the lap times form the currently runing friday practice session ferrari's lead in lap times, with massa being the fastest with 1:35.744 followed by MacLarens. those are the only four cars runing bello 1:37 a lap, with Massa neing the only man under 1:36. Session will close in 6 minutes.
Obsessed with F1? You bet your arse I am.:yep:

stabiz
03-21-08, 09:09 AM
Massa will spin off, it is after all looking like its going to be a wet race.;) Bourdais will fail too, he has no wet experience at all, coming from US racing.

My money is on Hamilton, he showed last year what he can do when its wet.

Sooo ...

1. Hamilton
2. Raikkonen
3. Kovalainen
4. Kubica
5. Heidfeld
6. Alonso
7. Button
8. Coulthard

But I`m hoping for a miracle and BMW 1-2.:rotfl:

Jimbuna
03-21-08, 09:59 AM
Hamilton to win http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img144/2472/angrydriveral3.gif

antikristuseke
03-21-08, 10:22 AM
Bourdais with no wet experience? Are you taking a piss or talking out of your arse?

Lionclaw
03-21-08, 10:23 AM
I wonder how many cars will finish the race if it's wet. If any cars will finish the race, considering the results after the Australian GP. :hmm:

stabiz
03-21-08, 01:54 PM
Bourdais with no wet experience? Are you taking a piss or talking out of your arse?
I guess you talk like this to everyone, so I will not be offended.

I take it races in Cart/Champcar are still red flagged when it rains?

antikristuseke
03-21-08, 02:58 PM
I guess you talk like this to everyone, so I will not be offended.

I take it races in Cart/Champcar are still red flagged when it rains?

Yes, i don speak like this with everyone, no intention to offend. I am a bit too crude at times.
And this time it was me talking out of my arse, memory served me poorly and it would seem that Bourdais, indeed does not have nigh on any wet weather experience.

stabiz
03-21-08, 08:13 PM
No worries, it seems we were both right. Bourdais have raced in som 24H races in the off season of his US racing. Le Mans, Spa and such, in GT and Prototypes. This means he has some recent wet racing.

Hmmm ... we will see, maybe his experince alltogether will even it out.

stabiz
03-21-08, 08:32 PM
Damn it, Kubica (and Alonso) must change his gearbox. Thats minus 5 gridspots.:damn:

antikristuseke
03-21-08, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it will remain to be seen, Anyway the staurday morning practice session will start soon ennough, about 1 hour, and we will catch another glipse of the performance of all the racers and their cars.

stabiz
03-21-08, 09:22 PM
Wonder how the weather is now ...

stabiz
03-21-08, 11:02 PM
Btw, BBC has payed approx 400.000.000 USD for the broadcasting rights in Britain.:rotfl:

antikristuseke
03-21-08, 11:23 PM
The weather during saturday practice was air temp 29C, track temp 38C completely dry track, wind speed 0.6mps, humidity 63%.
Top 8 lap times
Heidfeld 1:35.019
Räikkonen 1:35.262
Massa 1:35.388
Trulli 1:35.389
Webber 1:35.437
Coulthard 1:35.653
Piquet 1:35.768
Button 1:35.781

Qualifying in an hour and 30 minutes, thats where things get interesting, allso quite a surprise to see such small intervals between the cars.

Jimbuna
03-22-08, 06:56 AM
Hamilton to start in no 4 position

stabiz
03-22-08, 06:57 AM
Pole for Massa, and 5 gridspot penalties for both McLarens. (Blocking)

stabiz
03-22-08, 06:57 AM
9th.:cool:

Jimbuna
03-22-08, 07:30 AM
9th.:cool:

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img91/817/ideaps5.gif

Well it was just a prediction

bert8for3
03-22-08, 08:35 AM
These blocking penalties are a bit dubious imho. Seems to me there were a whole lot of cars in that last lap of Q3 who'd put in their bests and were trundling around at low speed to save fuel, and who could be said to have "blocked". In one shot from Heidfeld's car, being one of the complainers, it looked as though he was having to weave a slalom course past 4 or 5 cars at least.

It should be interesting, 'cause it sure looks like rain for tomorrow.

bert8for3
03-22-08, 08:42 AM
As always, you wonder what fuel loads are. But how about Trulli in the Toyota. It does look as if Toyota has finally upped its game, which considering how much dough they've put into F1, is about time.

The BMW's look consistently strong. And good on Jens btw. Just too bad he was pipped out of Q1, as his time would have put him right up there.

stabiz
03-22-08, 08:52 AM
Trulli is the one lap master, and not quite as good in race trim, so I expect him to head the Trulli-train as often seen in earlier seasons.:D

Heidfeld reckons he lost 0.2 seconds when the Mclarens were cruising, which would have put him 3rd. I dont understand why they dont just stay away from the racing line when they are doing 50mph.

bert8for3
03-22-08, 12:32 PM
I had a look at it again. They had the camera on Heidfeld about 28 seconds into his last (hot) lap. He'd just cleared a corner and is going through a group of 4 or 5 cars, which I think must have included the the McLarens. I think the Ferraris were still ahead, 'cause you see Heidfeld passing Massa a bit after the corner.

If Heidfeld was held up, I'm thinking he was held up by others as well. Just my 2 cents.

stabiz
03-22-08, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but the Mclarens were in the racing line, I think thats why they were penalized, and why he had to almost zig-zag to get through.

Happy Times
03-22-08, 02:08 PM
:damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: Kovalainens bad luck continues..

antikristuseke
03-23-08, 04:09 AM
Was a relatively uneventful race, congradulations to all finns for geting two of your guys on the podium as well as to Kubica for his careers highest result so far. tough luck for Massa.

Happy Times
03-23-08, 04:21 AM
Thanks, hope to see the first Estonian soon in F1.;) Kovalainen did make a recovery and got some points.:rock: Happy to see Kubica and the BMW do well, competion is allways good and i like BMW.;)

bert8for3
03-23-08, 08:08 AM
Yeah, but the Mclarens were in the racing line, I think thats why they were penalized, and why he had to almost zig-zag to get through.

Yup, they clearly were, dunno how I missed that before.

Not a super-exciting race, but good and solid to watch. Great start, with some dazzling stuff by most everyone to get through turn 1 clean. Toyota continues to show that they've made progress.

stabiz
03-23-08, 09:52 AM
Yup, ok race, nothing more. Great result for Kubica in the BMW, and shame on Felipe "Bambi" Massa, who for the second time in a row messes up.

Dowly
03-23-08, 10:40 AM
Great race. And congrats to Kovalainen for great race. :up:

Jimbuna
03-23-08, 11:05 AM
Hamilton 5th (taking into account a 5 place grid penalty) Not bad at all http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img144/2472/angrydriveral3.gif

Penelope_Grey
03-23-08, 01:33 PM
LOL The Lewis Hamilton show cracks me up... have you seen the cheesy close up of his eyes when it goes to break on ITV?

:rotfl:

Sport is one of the few things I love in life, its a chance for everybody to compete to the best of their abilities, immaterial of gender, race or age... motorsport though is a different animal entirely and it fascinates me... because it doesn't seem to solely come down to ability but what car you have... its a very interesting package.

Happy Times
03-23-08, 05:15 PM
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/formulakuvat/kuljettajat/2008/514513.jpg

:rock:

Nokia
03-23-08, 08:51 PM
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/formulakuvat/kuljettajat/2008/514513.jpg

Agreed! :rock: Hyvä Räikkönen ja Kovalainen!

stabiz
03-24-08, 06:30 AM
Its crazy that a country of 5 million people(?) put two drivers on a F1 podium!

Dowly
03-24-08, 08:19 AM

Hehe, I remember few years back in I think Bahrain, they hang the flag the wrong way, so it made up a upside-down cross. :doh:

Happy Times
03-24-08, 11:29 AM
Its crazy that a country of 5 million people(?) put two drivers on a F1 podium!

We are aiming for three.:lol: There has been 7 Finnish F1 drivers and 3 World Champions to date, it is kind of weird. Räikkönen is helping a 18yo Atte Mustonen in his way to F1, he is very promising. Even though Kovalainen and Räikkönen race each other they were happy for each other in Malysia, they said they want to take double victory. Finns are foremost Finns, we keep together.

antikristuseke
03-24-08, 12:30 PM
Quite a stark contrast to the usual estonian attitude, here its said that an estonians favorite food is another estonian :lol:

Happy Times
03-24-08, 01:05 PM
Quite a stark contrast to the usual estonian attitude, here its said that an estonians favorite food is another estonian :lol:

Well we might fight and envy eachother like all, but the feeling of being a Finn and the patriotism is very strong. This is true especially when it is "us against others", but Estonians are mostly considered related so this doesnt apply to you.;) Im sure Dowly and others can comfirm this feeling of togetherness. Oh the warmth.:rotfl:

Dowly
03-24-08, 02:02 PM
Well we might fight and envy eachother like all, but the feeling of being a Finn and the patriotism is very strong. This is true especially when it is "us against others", but Estonians are mostly considered related so this doesnt apply to you.;) Im sure Dowly and others can comfirm this feeling of togetherness. Oh the warmth.:rotfl:

:yep:

antikristuseke
03-24-08, 02:20 PM
the feeling of brotherhood is mutual, allso my grandmother was an Inger so im more related than not.

XabbaRus
03-24-08, 05:37 PM
Massa is a waste of space, should have put Button in the Ferrari.
Bad luck Hamilton, do better next time.

Quite a dull race, pity there was no rain. Once again why do they wait till 09 to get rid of all the aero widgets as we see a car can't follow close enough into a corner to pull a decent overtaking move.

stabiz
03-25-08, 04:40 AM
I think Alonso will end up in Massas Ferrari.

Dowly
03-25-08, 05:25 AM
I hope not. I hope he'd quit F1. Hate the bstard, whiny SOB. :nope:

STEED
03-25-08, 08:07 AM
What a boring second race that was, go to hell FIA with your silly tweaking of the rules and bring back real racing. :arrgh!:

STEED
03-25-08, 12:14 PM
F1 Returns to the BBC in 2009 and about bloody time too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7306123.stm

Jimbuna
03-25-08, 01:16 PM
What a boring second race that was, go to hell FIA with your silly tweaking of the rules and bring back real racing. :arrgh!:

Precisely!!

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9082/muttleycoylepu6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5425/wackyracesfrontwd8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

antikristuseke
03-25-08, 05:33 PM
I hope not. I hope he'd quit F1. Hate the bstard, whiny SOB. :nope:

Agreed, there is no denying that he is a competent F! driver, but the whinying and childlike tantrums make me dislike him to a very high degree.

stabiz
03-25-08, 05:57 PM
Bah, F1 needs bad boys too. If all were as likeable as say Barrichello it would be no show. *Remembers Montoyas press conferences fondly*

Dowly
03-25-08, 06:16 PM
Bah, F1 needs bad boys too. If all were as likeable as say Barrichello it would be no show. *Remembers Montoyas press conferences fondly*

:rotfl::rotfl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUJjm0yXNc

:nope:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFnnwdlerJM

And Alonso is the same, cry cry cry. :down:

STEED
03-25-08, 06:26 PM
Shame Dowly is not a F1 driver.

"Feck this I'm off to play IL2."

"Feck off I'm on IL2."

And thats before race day. ;)

Dowly
03-25-08, 06:44 PM

"Feck off I'm on IL2."

Gah, who needs qualifying or practice. Start from the last row and finish first... thanks to the MG17's mounted to my F1 car. :p

stabiz
03-26-08, 03:47 AM
:rotfl::rotfl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUJjm0yXNc

:nope:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFnnwdlerJM

And Alonso is the same, cry cry cry. :down:

Blasphemer!

STEED
03-26-08, 07:13 AM

"Feck off I'm on IL2."

Gah, who needs qualifying or practice. Start from the last row and finish first... thanks to the MG17's mounted to my F1 car. :p

And Dowly pulls in for his pit stop of fuel new tyres and ammunition for his gun. :rotfl:

Dowly
03-26-08, 07:22 AM

"Feck off I'm on IL2."

And Dowly pulls in for his pit stop of fuel new tyres and ammunition for his gun. :rotfl:

New barrels too, they are red hot. Oh and a beer or two. :up:

STEED
03-26-08, 07:23 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dowly
03-26-08, 07:37 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/Finnish_Ferret/F1Ferret.jpg

HunterICX
03-26-08, 07:43 AM
:rotfl: Right....

HunterICX

STEED
03-26-08, 07:55 AM
:lol: :rotfl:

Jimbuna
03-26-08, 08:33 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/Finnish_Ferret/F1Ferret.jpg

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img152/9959/rollingaroundlaughingly2.gif

bert8for3
03-29-08, 08:27 AM
Some good videos over on the ITV website, in particular a really good tour by Martin Brundle around the Singapore circuit ... http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoWorldwide.aspx ... looks like that is going to be one of the great tracks (although I'm still not sure about this nighttime race stuff).

STEED
03-29-08, 08:55 AM
Some good videos over on the ITV website, in particular a really good tour by Martin Brundle around the Singapore circuit ... http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoWorldwide.aspx ... looks like that is going to be one of the great tracks (although I'm still not sure about this nighttime race stuff).

Singapore is one race I'm really looking forward too. :up:

Happy Times
03-29-08, 08:58 AM

Singapore is one race I'm really looking forward too. :up:

Im maybe going to see that one.:rock:

stabiz
03-29-08, 09:44 AM
Here is a 3d view of the new Valencia circuit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruqClj5KNJ4

bert8for3
03-29-08, 10:46 AM
Here is a 3d view of the new Valencia circuit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruqClj5KNJ4

Looks nice ... I like the over the bridge bit. Looking forward to that one too.

Meanwhile, looks like unowho has started whining again ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7312280.stm ... on the other hand, did he really ever stop? Ah well, I suppose everything needs a whiner in a way; things had been a bit dull on the whining scene after JV left F1, so somebody had to take over.

stabiz
03-30-08, 11:37 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DxvFADEX3us

Dowly
03-30-08, 11:47 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DxvFADEX3us
Nevermind. :D

STEED
03-30-08, 11:53 AM
Check this thread out.............:nope:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134142

bert8for3
04-02-08, 01:30 PM
What news/info sources do you use for F1? A few of mine ...

http://www.f1technical.net/

http://www.itv-f1.com/Home.aspx

http://www.grandprix.com/index.html

http://www.motorsport.com/

Nokia
04-02-08, 02:42 PM
Was watching videos and came across this from Brazil -06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U386HsT-NaA

bert8for3
04-02-08, 02:59 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

antikristuseke
04-02-08, 03:04 PM
What news/info sources do you use for F1? A few of mine ...

http://www.f1technical.net/

http://www.itv-f1.com/Home.aspx

http://www.grandprix.com/index.html

http://www.motorsport.com/

Mostly just stick to reading the oficial site, allso follow all practice sessions via its live timings function. Im interested soley what goes on at the track so thats why i dont seek information from other sources.
http://www.formula1.com/

Jimbuna
04-02-08, 03:06 PM

Was expecting something to do with cats.....or that kind of **** anyway :o

STEED
04-04-08, 07:57 AM
I hear there is a new rule in F1 now.

Your fined $10,000 or a good spanking.

Driver. "Spanking please, Max get in here."

stabiz
04-04-08, 08:26 AM
FIA will have an extraordinary meeting on the matter. Bye, bye, Max, I guess.

antikristuseke
04-04-08, 08:50 AM
I doubt that, but we will see.

Jimbuna
04-04-08, 11:13 AM
I hear there is a new rule in F1 now.

Your fined $10,000 or a good spanking.

Driver. "Spanking please, Max get in here."

LMAO :rotfl:

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6417/spankingke6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

melnibonian
04-05-08, 06:03 PM
I don't really understand what's the point with all this issue. OK he spanked a few "ladies". So what he did it in his own private property he did not insult anyone and it doesn't affect the way he is doing his job. I have the feeling we're getting too puritan. I'm not a big fan of Max but in this case I'm 100% with him. If he is to be sacked fine but do it for a real reason and not an excuse. That's how I see it at least

STEED
04-05-08, 06:17 PM
I don't really understand what's the point with all this issue. OK he spanked a few "ladies". So what he did it in his own private property he did not insult anyone and it doesn't affect the way he is doing his job. I have the feeling we're getting too puritan. I'm not a big fan of Max but in this case I'm 100% with him. If he is to be sacked fine but do it for a real reason and not an excuse. That's how I see it at least

Dressing up in Concentration Camp clothing is pretty bloody sick thing to do. :nope:

Time for a new broom at the top, as I for one am bored with there silly rules, Formula One needs a shot in the arm and lets get back to real racing and less farting around at the top.

melnibonian
04-05-08, 06:29 PM
Dressing up in Concentration Camp clothing is pretty bloody sick thing to do. :nope:
I agree but that doesn't mean it is either illegal or affects his capability to do his job.

...am bored with there silly rules, Formula One needs a shot in the arm and lets get back to real racing and less farting around at the top.
True :yep:

antikristuseke
04-05-08, 06:42 PM
Kuken a, Kubica took pole!:D
Hopefully he sint on the track tomorrow with an incredibly light car so he will be competitive for a win, butt still fuken A,
Sidenote, igtroe the spelling mistakes, been to two birthday partyis in 2 day so amd about as tanked up as a sailor on shore leave after a 6 moth tour.

STEED
04-05-08, 06:48 PM
I agree but that doesn't mean it is either illegal or affects his capability to do his job.

True, but how can anyone take him seriously anymore?

Any how let's get back on track with the thread and not stinging raw asses. :lol:

melnibonian
04-05-08, 06:51 PM
Any how let's get back on track with the thread and not stinging raw asses. :lol:
True mate very true :yep:

Let's see if Ferrari manages to do this elusive 1-2 tomorrow

antikristuseke
04-05-08, 08:51 PM

Because a mans sex life holds no bearing over his ability to his job, no matter how distasteful you fint it to be. But agreed, F1 threads should stick to what takes place on the track.

Jimbuna
04-06-08, 06:08 AM

Because a mans sex life holds no bearing over his ability to his job, no matter how distasteful you fint it to be. But agreed, F1 threads should stick to what takes place on the track.

So who's gonna get whipped out on the track in the next race ? http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img524/5049/canaryheadsw0.gif

Dowly
04-06-08, 07:00 AM
Dressing up in Concentration Camp clothing is pretty bloody sick thing to do. :nope: I agree but that doesn't mean it is either illegal or affects his capability to do his job.

So who's gonna get whipped out on the track in the next race ? http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img524/5049/canaryheadsw0.gif

I think Hamilton will get some spanking after the race... is he driving drunk or something? :rotfl:

Jimbuna
04-06-08, 07:51 AM
Dressing up in Concentration Camp clothing is pretty bloody sick thing to do. :nope: I agree but that doesn't mean it is either illegal or affects his capability to do his job.

I think Hamilton will get some spanking after the race... is he driving drunk or something? :rotfl:

Sadly, this is something us Brits do very well on occasion (in sporting terms): Fail to live up to earlier promise :nope:

bert8for3
04-06-08, 08:12 AM

Ferrari 1-2 it is. Nobody else could hold a candle to them today. BMW showing real pace and consistency again, but just that little margin remains. MacLaren no doubt pulling their hair out. Even leaving aside whatever damage Hamilton's car might have suffered from rear-ending Alonso, the MacL's just don't seem to have the pace of the Ferraris.

Dull race though.

Jimbuna
04-06-08, 08:21 AM

Ferrari 1-2 it is. Nobody else could hold a candle to them today. BMW showing real pace and consistency again, but just that little margin remains. MacLaren no doubt pulling their hair out. Even leaving aside whatever damage Hamilton's car might have suffered from rear-ending Alonso, the MacL's just don't seem to have the pace of the Ferraris.

Dull race though.

For my money.....easily the worst thus far :nope:

Dowly
04-06-08, 08:31 AM
Very boring race.. Kudos to Kubica tho, very well done! :up: Oh and I love the SPEED TVs commentators, as Kimi was taking a sip from the fruit juicy, they said "I think that's not the first choice of bewerage for Kimi" ;) And also, made me laugh to hear that the crown prince of Bahrain had written to Max that "you're presence isnt welcome in Bahrain". :rotfl:

But a very boring race overall. :yep:

Steel_Tomb
04-06-08, 08:32 AM
I thought I'd watch the F1 today but thought it was bloody boring! Bike racing is much more exciting :yep: BSB especially, MotoGP is getting like F1, too perfect with driver aids and the like.

Dowly
04-06-08, 08:36 AM
What we need is a rainy race. :yep:

XabbaRus
04-06-08, 09:51 AM
Watching the replay it does look like Alonso brake tested Hamilton.

Dowly
04-06-08, 10:52 AM
Watching the replay it does look like Alonso brake tested Hamilton.

Rofl, yeh. :p Knowing Alonso, I'm sure he let out few rude words in that situation. :D

STEED
04-06-08, 01:41 PM
First third of the race not bad but after that I got bored and switched off and I don't give a toss about the results. :p

Let's get back talking about spanky Max, I see in the run up to the race a number of teams are not happy about what he did. Well this will be a test for the FIA but I have no faith in the FIA what so ever on a number of matters.

XabbaRus
04-06-08, 04:06 PM
Of course not they are probably all at it, just they aren't so stupid as to get set up and caught.

Prof
04-06-08, 04:14 PM
Watching the replay it does look like Alonso brake tested Hamilton.Did you watch a different replay? The rate of closure was quite constant from the corner exit to the collision. Hamilton drove straight into the back of Alonso. Renault have now shown some of the media the telemetry and Alonso did nothing unusual.

That didn't stop the ITV goons from blaming Alonso for it though...

XabbaRus
04-06-08, 05:55 PM
I said it looks like....Having read updated nwes seems just like a racing incident.
Still think Alonso is a jerk.

stabiz
04-06-08, 06:55 PM
There are no driving aids in F1 anymore. (Almost)

Anyheww... what a crap race. The two first laps were great, and then it just turned into a parade. After an hour I was just hoping Massa would spin off so the commentators would liven up.

So:

Performance of the race: Massa. That boy had alot to prove today, and did just that.

Loser of the race: Hamilton. Wtf happened to McLaren here? Okay, they were a bit off, but Hamilton posted the 19th fastest lap! Okay, he had a tangle with Fernando, but he raced all day with a new wing.

Dowly
04-06-08, 07:13 PM
Hamilton had a crappy weekend altogether. Would be nice to know what happened. The race was a 10xcatastrophe for him. He messed up the start, he hit Alonso and never could come back to the top 8. That should be easy for someone like him with a fast car like that.

bert8for3
04-06-08, 07:35 PM
Nobody will ever really know if Alonso "lifted", because the telemetry doesn't always tell the whole story. Reading from ITV, it seems the trace shows constant throttle application by Alonso. But was he applying maximum throttle consistent with available grip? Who knows? Hamilton applied more throttle which turned out to be too much. **** happens in racing sometimes. I'm no apologist for Alonso, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of hard evidence that he lifted.

Yup, bring on a race in the rain.

XabbaRus
04-07-08, 04:23 AM
2009 looks like it could be interesting.

Glad Button's Honda is doing well, just a pity he and DC tangled. Anyway I hope Button has better luck in Barca.

stabiz
04-17-08, 04:06 AM

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3434628,00.html

XabbaRus
04-18-08, 06:01 PM
Look at the Barca testing time and it seems Honda are improving. Granted for the fast times they were on slicks but so were the Ferraris and Honda weren't far off. Hi hopes for 2009.

I hope the new aero pack works and JB gets a break. Jenson has calmed down a lot so I still root for him before Hamilton.

STEED
04-21-08, 04:02 PM
Spanky Max is to step down as president of the F.I.A in 2009 and not before then.

bert8for3
04-21-08, 05:39 PM
Look at the Barca testing time and it seems Honda are improving. ....

Likewise would like to see them getting better results. Wish they'd get a paintjob on those Hondas though.

stabiz
04-21-08, 05:53 PM
Spanky Max is to step down as president of the F.I.A in 2009 and not before then.

I really cant see that happening. He is doomed.

STEED
04-21-08, 05:56 PM

Well if the vote goes against him in June it will be interesting to see his reaction, probably go get his ass tanned red raw again. ;)

bert8for3
04-21-08, 06:09 PM

Logicallly, he should be out, but I see Jean Todt said today that M should stay on. That was kind of curious ... or jockeying to succeed?

stabiz
04-21-08, 07:08 PM
Well if the vote goes against him in June it will be interesting to see his reaction, probably go get his ass tanned red raw again. ;)

@bert8for3: That was exactly what I was thinking when I saw Todts comments. I think its the old reverse psychology-thingy. Sneaky bastard.:lol:

Jimbuna
04-22-08, 08:12 AM

@bert8for3: That was exactly what I was thinking when I saw Todts comments. I think its the old reverse psychology-thingy. Sneaky bastard.:lol:

Well I hope he manages to succeed.....the sport is in enough trouble and doesn't need a pervert at the helm to add to it's troubles.

bert8for3
04-27-08, 11:38 AM
Spanish GP: Dull-as-dishwater race today :down: . Watching paint dry would have been more exciting :rock: (as long as it's the quick-drying kind of paint).

Glad to see Kovalainen's ok, it was a bad shunt, and especially nasty to see how the front end of the monocoque seems to have broken off.

I do hope this isn't going to be a Ferrari 1-2 season; it looked pretty competitive at Melbourne.

Ugly aerodynamics :nope: : the Renault "sail" on the engine cover; Honda's wing things on the front top (plus they still need a paint job); BMW's wing things, but not as bad as Honda's.

XabbaRus
04-27-08, 03:17 PM
Jenson did well. I was watching live timing on the net whilst listening to the race on TV and also saw that Hamilton was able to match Massa. I can't help but have the feeling that Massa could have been holding him up and if he had got passed he would have been ahead. It seems the Mclaren does prefer the prime tires than the options.

He made a blistering start though. Seems Honda are going the right way.

Konovalov
04-28-08, 04:37 AM
Spanish GP: Dull-as-dishwater race today :down: .
When has it been otherwise at the Spanish Grand Prix? :lol:

I'm happy. My man Webber picked up another bag of 4 points to go with his 7th place finishes in the last couple of races. :up:

Button did well but he did benefit big time from some silly mistakes from quicker cars over te full race. Some how ITV gave Lewis the drive of the day again. ITV loves Lewis. :damn: Can't help but feeling that Ferrari are further away from the rest than it looked in that race. Honestly don't think they were at 100%, at least Kimi that is.

STEED
04-28-08, 07:16 AM
I'm getting very bored with F1 time to switch and check out A1 Racing.

http://www.a1gp.com/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Jimbuna
04-28-08, 03:52 PM
Hamilton is starting to find his feet after a slow start

http://www.sportingchronicle.com/F1/drivers.html

XabbaRus
05-11-08, 02:08 PM
Turkish GP was actually interesting with quite a bit of overtaking and excitement. Hamilton pulled a great move on Massa. What about HK from last up to 11th in the end.

STEED
05-16-08, 06:12 AM
Turkish GP was actually interesting with quite a bit of overtaking and excitement.

Indeed, made a refreshing change from follow the leader which we got in the next boring race Monaco. Monaco is just a playboy race for the toffs and stinking rich, about time it was scrapped for a proper circuit.

bert8for3
05-24-08, 09:20 AM
Turkish GP was actually interesting with quite a bit of overtaking and excitement.

Indeed, made a refreshing change from follow the leader which we got in the next boring race Monaco. Monaco is just a playboy race for the toffs and stinking rich, about time it was scrapped for a proper circuit.

It does tend to be processional since it's next to impossible to overtake, but it is a classic and great to watch them screaming around the tight track with barriers all over.

Ferrari front row, so barring any accidents they should have it in the bag.

DC didn't make it into Q3 as he careened off the track; but his wheel almost made it into Q3 by itself as it went rolling down the track :rotfl: .

XabbaRus
05-24-08, 02:08 PM
Being a Brit disappointed Button didn't get into Q3 as it looked like he would of had DC not had the off. Also pity Hamilton isn't on pole. Good on Massa. He hates the track apparently.

I dunno, I like Massa and Raikonnen as drivers and would like LH to win the WDC as a Brit, but it's just Ferrari that bother me....Syaing htat if LH doesn't win it this year then I'll be happy should Raikonnen win it.

Dowly
05-25-08, 06:49 AM
Wohoo! Rain & Monaco! :rock:

STEED
05-25-08, 06:55 AM

Not hard enough.

STEED
05-25-08, 07:03 AM

Not hard enough.

Now it is. :D

STEED
05-25-08, 07:08 AM
Pile up.................:cool:

Dowly
05-25-08, 07:12 AM
Coulthard got a nice friendly push there. :p WE NEED MORE WATER!!! :yep:

STEED
05-25-08, 07:19 AM
WE NEED MORE WATER!!! :yep:

"You heard Dowly, whip out your hose pipes." :yep:

"WHAT." :o

"Not those hose pipes you morons." :nope:

STEED
05-25-08, 07:20 AM
And another crash........:D

This is a :cool: race.

STEED
05-25-08, 09:20 AM
Lewis Hamilton dose it. :up:

And thank you for the rain which made this usually boring race a good one this year.

XabbaRus
05-25-08, 09:47 AM
Amaziong, I came in a lap 16 and wondered where Hamilton was then heard there was an incident. Excellent drive.

Poor sutil, should've got 4th. Can't blame Raikonnen though he braked early and had a lockup, if he'd braked a half second later he would have avoided Sutil. See the fishtailing though.

Jimbuna
05-25-08, 12:53 PM
That makes him 3 points clear at the top I believe :rock:

Are you watching over there in Finland Dowly ? :p

Dowly
05-25-08, 03:14 PM
It was a setup! Räikkönen getting his penalty waaayy into the race and just as the safety car left the track. BAH!

Jimbuna
05-25-08, 03:27 PM
It was a setup! Räikkönen getting his penalty waaayy into the race and just as the safety car left the track. BAH!

Of course it was :yep: ....my thoughts entirely :p

STEED
05-25-08, 03:53 PM

Stop your bitching and get back to your lesbian spanking magazines. :p

Dowly
05-25-08, 04:15 PM

I'm reading them while surfing SubSim, multitasking you know. :yep:

STEED
05-25-08, 04:19 PM

I'm reading them while surfing SubSim, multitasking you know. :yep:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

XabbaRus
05-25-08, 05:12 PM
eeew that's the last time i'm flyinh online with you......:rotfl:

XabbaRus
06-06-08, 01:38 PM
2nd Practice for Montreal and the Hondas are at the bottom. Shame I hope they do better tomorrow.

STEED
06-06-08, 02:01 PM
2nd Practice for Montreal and the Hondas are at the bottom. Shame I hope they do better tomorrow.

A word from Max
"Yea bend over and get your ass tanned glowing red, like mind.

Jimbuna
06-06-08, 02:14 PM

A word from Max
"Yea bend over and get your ass tanned glowing red, like mind.

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img232/5066/iconsmackbuttxg5.gif

bert8for3
06-08-08, 08:08 AM
I fear there will be a mess today in Montreal, with reports (again) that the track surface is breaking up in several places. This is not the first time ... you'd think they'd be able to fix it properly.

antikristuseke
06-08-08, 05:30 PM
Great race and result for Kubica and BMW. An etertaining race.

Konovalov
06-09-08, 05:10 AM
Smug Lewis got what he deserved. No points and a 10 grid starting penalty for France. Happy days. :rock:

Robert Kubica got a deserved win. Robert please put that cap on quick. The sweaty comb-over look is bad. :lol: Actually Kubica kind of looks like a comedy character from Australia named Norman Gunston who was big in the 70's/80's. This is the guy I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9hZ7kjgFh4

XabbaRus
06-09-08, 05:35 AM
That's a bit harsh. I don't think Lewis is any more smug than MS or Nigel Mansel for that matter.

It was a screw up, **** happens. Good to see Kubica get a win though. I always liked Sauber and glad to see BMW are actually going somewhere unlike a couple of Japanese car companies who can't seem to make a fast car.

Konovalov
06-09-08, 05:53 AM
That's a bit harsh. I don't think Lewis is any more smug than MS or Nigel Mansel for that matter.
Harsh but true in my view. And yes Schumi was also a smug so and so. However Michael Schumacher wasn't handed a championship winning car in his first season in F1 just as Mansel wasn't or Kimi, or Alonso, or Massa for that matter. They had to bust their balls in F1 to get to the top. My beef is that the kid didn't start F1 in a lower ranked team to do his F1 apprenticeship for a year before say being brought into a top team such as McLaren or Ferrari. Don't get me wrong. Lewis is a massive talent with undoubted speed and racecraft and he has everything going for him to be a World Champion.

glad to see BMW are actually going somewhere unlike a couple of Japanese car companies who can't seem to make a fast car.
Yep. Toyota were very lucky to get points considering their cars were mobile roadblocks. Both drivers fastest laps were in the bottom half dozen in the field. Toyota have been a joke since coming into F1 and it looks like Red Bull, Williams and Renault are well in front of them now.

On another point I can't wait for all this aero rubbish to go next year. Then we might actually have some passing. You know you have problems in F1 when Massa has trouble getting past a Toyota which is over a second a lap slower. This dirty air business has almost ruined F1. :damn:

XabbaRus
06-09-08, 06:06 AM
I hear what you are saying but MM took a new approach with Lewis bringing him through from karting to F1, kind of a driver development programme.

I hope Honda do better as I quite like Jenson.
One thing that bugs me is how some people have nothing good to say about Lewis even when he does well.....

At least the WDC is wide open.

HunterICX
06-09-08, 06:27 AM
Glad to seen something different a BMW on the first place

got a bit tired of the Ferrari & Mclaren 1-2's
especially when they run away from the rest turning the whole race into a merry-go-around lasting 2 hours :shifty:

HunterICX

Hitman
06-09-08, 10:48 AM
Amazing performance by the Hamilton family :D

They have wrecked a Porsche, a Ferrari and a McLaren in less than a week :rotfl: Lamborghini drivers, beware....you might be next!

Now I understand what Lewis was talking about when he said he dreamt about breaking all previous records :lol:

Konovalov
06-09-08, 11:35 AM
Oh the irony of the father son accidents. Lewis did an interview with British broadcaster who covers F1, ITV and he said that he was trying to work out how his Dad could crash a supercar at only 30mph. Ooops. What does Lewis go and do. Crash a car at 30mph in the pits. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm trying to work out which crash is worse. Lewis or Hamilton Snr. The Carrera GT is renowned to be quite a difficult car to drive even in experienced hands. Daddy should just stick with a Mercedes A class and let his son race.

bert8for3
06-09-08, 11:46 AM
Gotta think that Nick Heidfeld and Mario Theissen are no longer on speaking terms. As NH came into the little room behind the podium entrance MT counldn't even bring himself to shake his hand for coming in second. Even if NH is having a lacklustre season so far, he deserves better imho.

XabbaRus
06-09-08, 01:22 PM
I can't see why Mario Theissen would be upset. NH was told to let RK through. Although not explicityly said from what people have been saying it looks like it was the case.

Anyway on the bright side we have 4 guys who could be WDC. this is turning out to be way better than last year even if it is due to accidents.

nikimcbee
06-09-08, 03:17 PM
Wow, I watched my first Formula 1 race (the one the Polish guy won). Pretty exciting stuff. I liked the guy that spun out and hit the wall, then backs up onto the race track, narrowly missing a race car:o .

This is way better than nascar (no, I dont watch nascar).

XabbaRus
06-09-08, 04:07 PM
This is an exception. The rule is that at the moment F1 can be pretty boring though this year it is better. The cars do seem closer and MM have closed up to Ferrari.

LH if he didn't have brain fade should have won that one but hey he screwed up. I bet he is kicking himself. Credit to KR for be so gracious given the circumstances. I can't help but feel that if that had been Mike Schumacher there would have been fisticuffs. Then again Kimi doesn't seem so hungry for the WDC now speculation he might leave after this season.

stabiz
06-10-08, 07:11 AM
Nah, Kimi was gaining, and would have won the race, that is the conclusion on several F1-sites. The Ferrari doesnt rip up the rear tires like the Mc does. Even Kubica was faster than Hamilton before the pace car, and the ludicrous pit-debacle.

Oh, and Kimi is supposedly retiring after 2009, not this season. Whispers of a Alonso/Ferrari-deal is all over the place.

Sweet victory for BMW Sauber!:rock:

STEED
06-10-08, 07:35 AM
Paging Mr Hamilton, your glasses are ready. :ping:

Oops to late. :o

Great Race without those two bitches fighting it out. :up:

Crash in to one another again please, your turn Kimmy. :lol:

stabiz
06-10-08, 08:27 AM
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/814/article102512201873a930sr9.jpg

Jimbuna
06-10-08, 09:40 AM
http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img231/1076/shockedvi8.gif

What the hell was Dowly doing on the track!! http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1817/thinkbigsw1yo4.gif

Hitman
06-11-08, 06:43 AM

Who was overtaking who? I'd say the beaver had the fast lane :rotfl:

nikimcbee
06-12-08, 04:38 AM

Yeah, dowly is looking a little pudgy:lol:

Happy Times
06-12-08, 03:26 PM
This season is getting me really annoyed it is fact that Kovalaine would have won most qualifings but McLaren gives him a heavier car all the time. Hamilton has more market value being British ans black.
Thats racism.

Weigh-Man
06-12-08, 04:34 PM
This season is getting me really annoyed it is fact that Kovalaine would have won most qualifings but McLaren gives him a heavier car all the time. Hamilton has more market value being British ans black.
Thats racism.

You really do spout some crap:shifty:

Happy Times
06-12-08, 05:01 PM
Thats racism.

You really do spout some crap:shifty:

Hah, its true! He has had more fuel in every qualifing! He would have won Hamilton almost every time! Its Massa and Kubica he would have the most competition against if he would have the same weight car as Hamilton. Hamilton is a British project to get a British winner and grow the British product called F1 to make even more money.
Hamiltons face makes more money than that of Kovalainen.

XabbaRus
06-13-08, 03:29 AM
Absolute hogwash...
Prove HK had a heavier car every time? IIRC HK has done pretty well with this heavier car.

As of the whole British project thing etc..Do you not think Ferrari would love to have an Italian driver in their car, if they could find a decent Italian driver that is.

stabiz
06-13-08, 06:20 AM
Its not hogwash, albeit a bit rough. Hamilton is clearly the #1 driver in McLaren, but Kovalainen must have known this when he joined the outfit.

XabbaRus
06-13-08, 06:24 AM
I don't deny that, I have a problem with Happy Times screaming that that is racism.

Dowly
06-13-08, 08:45 AM
But that is racism. ;)

XabbaRus
06-13-08, 09:39 AM
How is it racism? Hamilton is number 1 driver HK number 2. Racism because the the number 1 is a Brit in a British team? Give me a break.

I suppose if it was Ferrari then there wouldn't be this debate it would be regarded as Hamilton is better therefore number 1 status like Schumi had, or knowing LH haters it would be, LH is a prima donna who has demanded number 1 status and a crap team mate or one who is held back.

Jimbuna
06-13-08, 11:12 AM
How is it racism? Hamilton is number 1 driver HK number 2. Racism because the the number 1 is a Brit in a British team? Give me a break.

I suppose if it was Ferrari then there wouldn't be this debate it would be regarded as Hamilton is better therefore number 1 status like Schumi had, or knowing LH haters it would be, LH is a prima donna who has demanded number 1 status and a crap team mate or one who is held back.

Don't rise to the bait.....let the European Court of Human Rights decide :lol:

STEED
06-13-08, 01:35 PM

Don't rise to the bait.....let the European Court of Human Rights decide :lol:

100 billion years later...................

Erm maybe.

XabbaRus
06-14-08, 02:27 AM
LOL jim, I'll have Max representing.

Jimbuna
06-14-08, 04:50 AM
LOL jim, I'll have Max representing.

Rgr that mate :lol:

stabiz
06-14-08, 08:23 PM

On a more serious note: No, its not racism. Not in the general term, anyway. Agh, whatever. They support the one of the fastest dudes ever seen, and he happens to be black. I dont care.:cool:

Stealth Hunter
06-16-08, 04:28 PM

On a more serious note: No, its not racism. Not in the general term, anyway. Agh, whatever. They support the one of the fastest dudes ever seen, and he happens to be black. I dont care.:cool:

World's fastest Indian has come and gone... now a black man takes his place in history.:hmm:

Happy Times
06-16-08, 11:58 PM
Absolute hogwash...
Prove HK had a heavier car every time? IIRC HK has done pretty well with this heavier car.

As of the whole British project thing etc..Do you not think Ferrari would love to have an Italian driver in their car, if they could find a decent Italian driver that is.

Why don't you just go and crawl under a rock and thing before you post.

The fuel amounts are told in every race, drivers get 10 minutes to set their best timed lap, and the amount of fuel that is still left in their tanks is the amount of fuel they will start race with. McLaren officially claims to have a equal support for drivers..
The "Tiger Woods of F1" Hamilton is worth more money to be made in advertising and PR, his skin colour has a role in this also, deny all you want.
Kovalainen is faster than Hamilton, but Hamilton gets the handicap for the British:rotfl:
You can be so proud.:roll:

Jimbuna
06-17-08, 05:24 AM
If this is going to simmer on for some time I'd better pull up a chair.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2352/popcorncowwy6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

BTW.....the word 'racism' is taken very seriously at the moment in the UK, especially when connected to sport.

Unless of course you have some irrefutable evidence. :hmm:

JSF
06-19-08, 02:23 PM
Quick question....Has anyone given consideration to the notion that Mclaren might not be enjoying their current celebrity had it not been for certain set of documents provided to them via a certain engineer (whom I will not name) from Ferrari...oops didn't mean to say that eihter....anyway...you get the point.....

Konovalov
06-20-08, 03:59 AM
I'm off to testing at Silverstone on Wednesday after the French GP weekend. :rock:

Takeda Shingen
06-20-08, 06:10 AM
Hey, let's all relax. It's just auto racing, and it would be a shame if we have to ugly up this thread with moderator action.

The Management

XabbaRus
06-20-08, 06:10 AM
Absolute hogwash...

Why don't you just go and crawl under a rock and thing before you post.
Piss off!
The fuel amounts are told in every race, drivers get 10 minutes to set their best timed lap, and the amount of fuel that is still left in their tanks is the amount of fuel they will start race with. McLaren officially claims to have a equal support for drivers..
The "Tiger Woods of F1" Hamilton is worth more money to be made in advertising and PR, his skin colour has a role in this also, deny all you want.
Kovalainen is faster than Hamilton, but Hamilton gets the handicap for the British:rotfl:
You can be so proud.:roll:

There is no need to be so rude. Sorry HK isn't doing so well but I think you should be careful before you accuse Mclaren of racism. When are fuel amount told in each race? AFAIK that is kept secret from the other teams.

stabiz
06-20-08, 11:33 AM
Hey, let's all relax. It's just auto racing, and it would be a shame if we have to ugly up this thread with moderator action.

The Management

Uhm ... the warmongering ended three days ago.

STEED
06-20-08, 03:22 PM
A F1 War?

Here?

When?

Why?

How?

Are screw it, the French race is coming up this weekend. :p

Takeda Shingen
06-20-08, 04:22 PM

The Management

Uhm...I recieved a complaint about it this morning. That's why I'm here. ;)

Jimbuna
06-20-08, 06:39 PM
Well there won't be many wars in France....thet's for sure :p

bert8for3
06-20-08, 07:46 PM
So anyway, ... does anyone think this weekend's race will be: a real nail-biter; worth the occasional "golly gosh"; or deadly dull? I will go out firmly on a massively risky limb and forecast that there is a 57% likelihood of it falling somewhere between the first two, with a 62% chance of it being relatively closer to the first one than to the second one.

stabiz
06-21-08, 06:17 AM

The Management
Uhm...I recieved a complaint about it this morning. That's why I'm here. ;)

Probabably from McLaren. :cool:

stabiz
06-21-08, 06:18 AM
So anyway, ... does anyone think this weekend's race will be: a real nail-biter; worth the occasional "golly gosh"; or deadly dull? I will go out firmly on a massively risky limb and forecast that there is a 57% likelihood of it falling somewhere between the first two, with a 62% chance of it being relatively closer to the first one than to the second one.

I lean towards dull (for the casual viewer), but in my opinion no race is a waste of time. (Except that infamous Indy-race with only six cars, thats the only time I have turned of the telly in disgust)

bert8for3
06-21-08, 08:00 AM

I lean towards dull (for the casual viewer), but in my opinion no race is a waste of time. (Except that infamous Indy-race with only six cars, thats the only time I have turned of the telly in disgust)

Well, qual was more between the last two, and I didn't utter a single golly gosh, so I guess it was closer to the dull end of the scale.

stabiz
06-21-08, 02:44 PM
Yeah, but its going to be fun to watch Lewis and Heikki charge through the field tomorrow. (Kovalainen got a five gridspot penalty for being in the way while on a in or out-lap)

But Kubica will win it. :cool: Or maybe not.

bert8for3
06-21-08, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but its going to be fun to watch Lewis and Heikki charge through the field tomorrow. (Kovalainen got a five gridspot penalty for being in the way while on a in or out-lap)

But Kubica will win it. :cool: Or maybe not.

Oh absolutely. Qual is qual and race is race. Did look as if HK blocked pretty badly (I don't mean intentionally at all, but effect-wise). Dunno about Kubica winning though. Alonso a dark horse in this one? (doubt it tho).

stabiz
06-21-08, 07:37 PM
Hehe, I will eat my SH4 disc if Kubica wins this race. So, basically, I`m hoping I`m in hospital by 4pm GMT+1 tomorrow.:rotfl:

Jimbuna
06-22-08, 08:57 AM
LOL :lol:

bert8for3
06-22-08, 09:03 AM
Well, aside from a few little dramas, it was (as a race) closer to the long yawn end of things imho.

They should re-visit the drive-through penalty thing. I would say this regardless btw of who the driver is. It kills a lot of chances for a good race.

Too bad the rain didn't keep up. Raikkonen was closing Massa when it was a bit damp, despite losing power from his exhaust hanging off, and it might have made for an exciting finish.

XabbaRus
06-22-08, 09:30 AM
Boring. I thought the drive through on Hamilton was maybe harsh. He didn't gain a track position due to the off. I also don't think had he stayed on track Vettel would have got the position back but that is the decision. LH will just have to clam down. He is over driving the car and letting the pressure get to him.

Konovalov
06-22-08, 11:13 AM
I thought the drive through on Hamilton was maybe harsh. He didn't gain a track position due to the off. Perhaps. I haven't decided yet on that contentious one yet.

I also don't think had he stayed on track Vettel would have got the position back but that is the decision.But that was the problem. He didn't stay on track because he was too hot and carrying too much speed past the braking point for that right turn. He was only going to go one way and that was cut through the chicane. With hindsight I think that he should have pulled back behind Vettel because I'm sure he would have got him not long after. In the end he took a gamble and chose not too. Because of that it cost him at least two if not three points this weekend.

LH will just have to clam down. He is over driving the car and letting the pressure get to him. Definately. :yep: Ragged emotion charged driving just results in mistakes. I lost count how many times he locked his wheels up or found himself offline. He needs to change his approach for Silverstone because if he continues to overdrive the car in that manner then he can kiss his championship ambitions goodbye this year.

stabiz
06-23-08, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I agree on all points, Konovalov.

Besides that, BMW was crap this weekend. The car doesnt like long, fast corners, like T2 at Magny Cours, so Silvertsone is probably going to be a headache for Robert and Nick.

And I feel bad for Kimi. Supreme pace for two consecutive races, and struck by bad luck in both.

STEED
06-23-08, 06:01 AM
So far this year I only liked two races and the rest were bloody boring and this was one of them boring ones. :down:

F1 NEEDS A BLOODY MASSIVE SHAKE UP. :yep:

stabiz
06-23-08, 07:52 AM
Nah.

STEED
06-23-08, 08:50 AM
Nah.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2922/nonamemy6.jpg

asanovic7
06-23-08, 10:06 AM
FORZA FERRARI!

And go Kimi for obvious reasons.. darn Massa..

XabbaRus
06-23-08, 01:20 PM
Wonder what would have happened if that exhaust had come flying off down the straight with someone behind...

Jimbuna
06-23-08, 01:21 PM
Nah.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2922/nonamemy6.jpg

Looks like he's into dolls as well :lol:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2535/maxne2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

STEED
06-23-08, 01:52 PM
Crazy jim strikes again. :-j :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :up: :up: :up: :-j :-j

Jimbuna
06-23-08, 01:56 PM
Crazy jim strikes again. :-j :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :up: :up: :up: :-j :-j

I think I'd be pressing the Esc button if the perv ever came near me.....either that or give him a warm comfy cell for the night http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pissedoff.gif

stabiz
06-23-08, 01:59 PM
Yeah, Max is a bit of a perv, but the fact that he still sits as emperor of FIA is quite interesting. He must have lots of polaroids of the other members.

Jimbuna
06-23-08, 02:01 PM
Yeah, Max is a bit of a perv, but the fact that he still sits as emperor of FIA is quite interesting. He must have lots of polaroids of the other members.

LMAO :rotfl:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5549/361313gr7.gif

STEED
07-04-08, 08:26 AM

Yea, Bernie standing on a ladder so he and the wife.................(CENSORED)

STEED
07-04-08, 08:30 AM
David Coulthard announces his retirement

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/7/8033.html

British Grand Prix at Donington Park from 2010

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/7/8039.html

XabbaRus
07-04-08, 10:57 AM
OK nothing in it between Ferrari and McLaren in practice, rain predicted for Sunday, maybe Button can pull a surprise.

Also figured out what LH's problem is. His dad....I think his dad has done a great job as his manager till now, but seeing him in the pits and all over the place...I thin he is too close to be an effective manager now.

I'd love to know what the McLaren boys really think.

bert8for3
07-04-08, 01:18 PM
Mixed feelings I guess about it going to Donington from 2010. Silverstone's a fine track (despite the constant whining by Bernie E). But from what I recall Donington is a great track too.

stabiz
07-04-08, 01:50 PM
Sad to see DC go, he wasted so many years being uncool in Mclaren that we really didnt get to see how much fun he is until the end of the career.

Donington? Thats a GT-track. I dont know what they were thinking.

VipertheSniper
07-04-08, 03:35 PM
Sad to see DC go, he wasted so many years being uncool in Mclaren that we really didnt get to see how much fun he is until the end of the career.

Donington? Thats a GT-track. I dont know what they were thinking.

Oh my GOD, Donington, another lovely track is going to be butchered... What the f*ck was wrong with Silverstone anyway? Oh I see, problems with the promoter... guess unless greedy Bernie doesn't have control over a track you don't get a race. Or you pay an astronomical amount of money to have the "honour" of being the host to an F1 race. Hockenheim I think just barely manages to not make a loss over the whole year when they host an F1 race. And then the FIA demands more and better facilities basically for free.

STEED
07-05-08, 07:57 AM
I hope its going to pour down on Sunday which will give us an interesting race. ;)

XabbaRus
07-05-08, 08:57 AM
Hey HK on pole. LH is surely cracking up, I think his dad is part of the problem.

Jimbuna
07-05-08, 09:26 AM
I see he is well prepared for the wet conditions should they occur :hmm:

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8645/36795312sf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

STEED
07-05-08, 09:29 AM
LH is surely cracking up, I think his dad is part of the problem.

To much of the high life and all that gilts & glamor as well, LH better get his act together or he will be known as another flash in the pan.

Dowly
07-05-08, 01:39 PM
Wishing HK a good race and 1st place. He surely deserves it. :up:

bert8for3
07-05-08, 01:51 PM
Good for HK, nice to see him grab pole :up: . Good on Webber also, quite a surprise. LH is having a rough time these days; I tend to agree his Dad should stay away for a race or two.

Pretty exciting qual imo. Race should be good, esp if rain, which looks to be on the cards.

I guess that now that there's a seat definitely opened up for next year with DC's retirement announced, we're really going to get into the silly season for driver shuffles. I'm not sure that Alonso would look at Red Bull, but what options are out there? But as soon as people start speculating what if X driver goes to Y team etc etc, who knows? Could Button look at Red Bull? I don't recall offhand what his contract time is with Honda. But he must be thinking hard about jumping ship, despite Ross Brawn's arrival. Big improvement for the car has to be at least a year off still. And JB's no spring chicken anymore.

edit/add: I keep wishing they'd give that Honda a proper paint job. I'd like to see a modern F1 car in old-style livery with the number actually visible. The Honda in BRG with the big car number in black on white circle. ... old-fashioned I guess.

XabbaRus
07-06-08, 07:45 AM
good race so far..fingers crossed...

Anyone watching on ITV can you tell me the answers for the multiple choice A B & C as I know the answer but missed the option.

XabbaRus
07-06-08, 09:01 AM
Great race.. LH did well HK unlucky...Massa, what was he doing today. KR let down by Ferrari.

My driver of the day Rubens Barricello.

bert8for3
07-06-08, 09:46 AM
Every race should be in the rain! Talk about a whole lot going on :up: .

Great drive it has to be said by LH. Esp in that heavy rain period on inters.

But there were several other great drives also. Nick H tops my list today: his two double passes were brilliant. Nice to see him in 2nd, and hope he thumbs his nose at Mario Theissen. Rubens not far behind, but did have an easier time for a while on the full wets. Nice to see him in 3rd.

Felipe M gets the most-spins prize.

Notice that thermal imaging cam during somebody's pit stop? Doubt we'll see that again.

Don't know about the multiple choice btw. Must be during ItV's pre-race coverage? We only kick in to the ITV commentators just before the start.

Jimbuna
07-06-08, 03:42 PM
Wishing HK a good race and 1st place. He surely deserves it. :up:

Nope....LH it was http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img144/2472/angrydriveral3.gif

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img412/4774/thumbsuplargeon1.gif

STEED
07-07-08, 08:38 AM
Every race should be in the rain! Talk about a whole lot going on :up:

My wish came true and we got a great race. :D