PDA

View Full Version : Need help please

black1
01-03-08, 10:57 PM
Very new to this editor and need some help, i need to know how to set waypoints, when i place a sub on the map and right click it to bring up"add waypoints" i only get a box talking about map this or that, i got it to say "add waypoints" one time but i forgot what i did, i think i need to check a box or uncheck a box when the sub box comes up, is it human player or the one to the right of it? or both checked, not sure please help.

black1
01-04-08, 02:39 PM
Anyone know what to do?

Skipbo
01-04-08, 05:13 PM
I'll give it a try. Have made one or two missions in SHIV, but used to make a lot of them in the old SHI PTO simulation.

Click OFF the "hand" icon which is used for moving the map around. You need the arrow cursor. Assuming that you've already put your ship or sub on the map, left click it to select it (turns the circle solid green). You can then right click the green circle and get the menu which includes "add waypoint". I've had to right click in order to END the setting of waypoints once I got the process started.

That "waypoint menu" also includes an option to open up the properties of the unit that you placed on the map. Handy to know since I had trouble finding out how to get back to that pop-up once I had initially set the unit's characteristics and you almost never would get it completely right the first time - or at least I WOULDN'T!

There are several requirements for waypoints and ship placement regarding minimum distance apart, but you'll be forced to do a "validation" from the top menu prior to saving your mission and it will point out any and all problems for you.

See if the above helps you get started......................Skipbo (Jim)

PS - getting the game to FIND your mission is also tricky, the folder in which the two files created by the Mission Editor reside in the data\SingleMissions area of the SHIV directory MUST have the same name as the files themselves. The file and folder name must start with SMXY where XY is a unique number associated with that mission. It will determine the order in which the missions are displayed in the game menu. I fumbled around with getting the game to recognize a mission last May and then again lately - my memory is obviously not what it once was or at least not what I WISH it were!

black1
01-04-08, 10:17 PM
Ok got it to work, yep it was the hand signal for panning around that for some reason would not let me click on my sub, thanks mate.