PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Modding

John W. Hamm
09-22-07, 05:19 PM
I have been looking at the crew rank structure files and found that you are unable to promote your crew past Lieutenant. however that can be changed I have found in the menu folder a couple of files that after making some changes will allow the game to acknowledge other graphics on the CrewSystemsManagement.dds file that is after you take the restrictions off of the ranks themselves. However I have to problems whenever I convert the .dds file to somethiing I can edit and then back to a .dds file it does not show up correctly in the game. the other, problem is that after I change any person to ltcdr their picture show up as a sailor instead of an officer. I cannot seem to find the location of the file that governs what picture to render (as far as crew) just changing the Image= to 1-5 does not make a diffrence at all, does anyone have any ideas?

John W. Hamm
09-22-07, 05:19 PM
Okay I may nor need as much help as I thought that I did, I was able to convert the images using GIMP and its .DDS plug (very handy tool) however I still can't keep the game from using the enlisted picture if you change their rank to anything above Lt, any suggestions would be helpfull