PDA

View Full Version : mission editor explained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hellish
09-13-07, 11:51 PM
now for people that are starting their map from new, not using any prebuilt maps.click new. a new map will appear with nothing on it. so first click the mission tab and select language localization, click mission title and type it in on the box below. now the mission has a name. remember this name or write it down. now if you want to add ports , click file go to merge, back up folders till you get to campains, click campains, then campain, then look for a file called campain loc.mis. merge file, now ports will show up on map, but this is where the ports are anyway, this will let you see it in mission editor. if you marked the merge as savable, then you can move the ports around and save them to location, with the editor location mover tool. thats all for now, new post tommorrow, by the way when you save, make sure you go back to multimission folder first, and then save, because after merging the campains loc.mis, it will open up that folder again when you go to save, so go to save as nomarl mission then create a file under the name of the map you created and save in there.

hellish
09-14-07, 11:37 AM
now, in the mission tab, click paramiters, and set your start dates. Now i have tried starting a mission at 1945 month 1, but the games seem to end early, so I turned the date time back to 1944 month 1, and that seemed to correct the problem. Now when you place ships on the map, and your time filter start matches the start date in the parramiters. this way if you put in a ship that wont work in that era, then it wont show on the map. if this happens, then move the time filter start back in years till you see the unit. once you find it delete that ship, or you can try to play with the unit entry date and exit, however, very few times did i get it to work. sometimes when you change the entry and exit, it rolls it back even further from start time. i suggest using only what ships worked in that era. now player subs you can tweak the entry and exit. say you take the gato, if you change his entry date to 1944, 2 month, you can now change the unit version date. till next time

hellish
09-16-07, 04:01 PM
now that yoy have the entry dates done, you have to attach waypoints to the units, left click unit, then right click, select waypoints. Now you can control the speed that you want the ships to travel, by entering it in the waypoint properties. To access the properties, left click the unit and the waypoints that you have already layed out will apear. Left click the waypoint and then right click select properties, there you can change the speed till the next waypoint. Also while your doing this, if you want to see how long it will take for the unit to reach first waypoint, click the icon in the tool bar 11:11, then click the unit that you want to check, you will notice at the first waypoint an date eta time. now the time format is in hh:mm. so if you see 10:14 that means it will take the unit 10 hours and 14 minutes. so becareful or it will take to long to reach targets, use this method to check players subs to see how long it will take to reach the combat zone. Timing is the biggest key to making goood maps. sorry i missed a day, so look for a double post.

hellish
09-24-07, 02:13 PM
I figured that there is to much to type, so look for my new post- Mission editor manual found!!!!!!!!, there you can see how to get the full manual. sorry :ping: